The Feud

"Weĺl then, lets start with checkers and see what we think. I dont think we have to much time to kill before sunset now." Jakob says pulling out the dust covered board and small box that held the peicies

Emily nodded.
"Sure."
She gave a faint smile. Then, she sat down near him. She waited.

Jakob started setting out the peices after cleaning the dust from the surface. "Have you played before?" He asks once everything was set up and ready to go.

Emily shrugged.
"A few times. But I haven't in years. Because of....reasons."
She glanced away. She kept it vague. She was not going to tell him anything specific. She didn't want to.

Jakob nods, "alright you can start if you would like." He says curious about why she had not played but was not going to ask becuse it seemed very personal.

Emily looked between him and the game board for a moment or so. She nodded. But, she suddenly paused.
"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I dont mind going second." Jakob says setting the boxs aside before sitting at the small table.

Emily hesitated. It had been a while since she played checkers. He first move would be an easy to counter one. She frowned. She waited.

Jakob watched as she made her first move, then made his move countering Emilys but it also gave her an opening to advance.

Emily made another move. She attempted to jump a piece. However, it left an opening as a result. She did not really mind though. She certainly didn't care either. She just wanted the game to be, well, fun. She didn't know if checkers could be fun though.

Jakob noticed the opening and took it, jumping a couple peices and taking them off the board. "So do you have any ideas on what kind of place you want to live in?"

Emily blinked. She paused. She looked at him. She frowned a bit. She shrugged in response. She hesitated before finally speaking.

"I... I'm not sure."
She hadn't thought about it, not really. She now felt bad.

Jakob chuckled a bit, "thats ok it makes things a bit easier for me. I dont have to try and think of places that fit what you want. We can tour the apartments I know of and see if any catch your eye."

Emily managed a nod.
"Alright."
She gave him a faint smile. She thought that that was nice of him. It was sweet too, she thought.

"It should not be to long before we can go out and take a look. Its getting close to dark now." Jakob says as he jumps a few of her checkers.

Emily nodded.
"Very well."
She jumped a few checkers as well. She took a breath and gave a faint smile.

As the sun started to set Dante woke and got ready for the night. Knowing about the poision that hunters used and that it could be used against them made him want to find out what was in it.

Jakob made a move, they where both down to just a few checkers each now and it would only be a matter of time now before the game was over.

Emily played the game for a bit longer. She moved a piece again. However, she knew that she would loose. She felt that she wasn't very good at checkers. It was only a matter of time. She took a breath and waited. She sensed the sun setting and such.

Jakob ended up winning with a triple jump over Emilies final peices. "Did you want to grab a blood bag before we head out? It should be pretty safe to go by now." He says stretching a little before starting to pick up the game.

Emily shrugged. That was a response.
"Sure. We could do that."
She gave him a faint smile. She didn't want him to be in any sort of rush or anything. Emily was a nice girl.