The Feud

I

Ice Dragon

Original poster
No one remembered how it started, this feud of blood between the two vampire clans. Whatever had started it though had morphed into what could best be described as a war. The Voltaires and Carson clans fought whenever they crossed paths and it always ended badly, it sparked the creation of the vampire hunters. The hunters where humans who made it there mission to wipe out all vampires to end the devastation caused by the fighting. It did not matter to them that it was only two clans fighting.

Jakob Carson had been out hunting, he was always careful since it was getting harder to avoid the hunters. They knew to much from years of killing his kind that they where more deadly then ever. He had just finished feeding from a human woman that he found alone when he felt a sharp pain in his neck. Reaching up he pulled out a small dart, knowing he only had a short time until whatever had been in it took effect he started out of the ally. It was only seconds until his vision hazed and he became dizzy.

He had seen the effects before and knew that whatever it was the hunters had come up with would just slow him down. It would usually be enough since there was always a team. Looking around he spotted the group surrounding him there weapons ready to finish him off.

151c53a4a88b17f7563f64c1bab628f5.jpg
(Jakob)

Reactions: vampiremoonlight
Emily Voltaire was roaming around after a hunt. She was careful as not to be caught. She knew there were hunters around and had to keep up her guard. The female vampire kept her eye out. She fed quickly and made for her lair, her home.

That was when she sensed something amiss. There was something wrong. Emily knew there had to he something dangerous nearby. She prepared to run when she spotted someone out of the corner of her eye. Eyes narrowed, she found herself giving chase.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw the scene that played out. There were hunters there. What was worse was that they surrounded who she scented was a vampire like herself. Emily didn't recognize him though. However, that didn't mean that she wasn't going to help him.

Emily snarled and tried to attack.

9772af4274940bb72a16cd3830e3fbce--beautiful-anime-girl-anime-art.jpg

(Emily)

Jakob was about to attack when he heard the snarl, knowing that it was another vampire he attacked the closest hunter to him. He couldn't do much with whatever was in his system slowing him down but he was not going to just stand there and be rescued. He had the clans pride to think about after all.

When the snarl ripped through the air the hunters turned and seen a female rushing at them. Knowing it was a vampire the scrambled to get a dart ready "Dont worry about the male slow the female own or we dont stand a chance." The hunter leader ordered as a couple hunters kept the male busy.

Emily snarled at the hunters. Her eyes turned red. Her fangs extended. She had her claws out as well. She moved as fast as her body would allow. She attacked the closest hunter in the blink of an eye. The hunter lay dead before he could fire his darts at her.

Emily would dodge the others. If she was not attacking, she was buying time. Emily was not going to allow these vampire hunters to have their way. Hisses soon followed her snarling. She would growl at then as well. The female vampire was not going to back down nor was she going to give up.

Emily slashed at another hunter. She managed to draw blood, judging by what she scented next from that hunter. She continued her attack, ready to go full monster if she had to. Her rage towards hunters like them was great. She attempted to reach the hunters attacking the male vampire. She tried to sink her fangs into at least one of them.

Reactions: Ice Dragon
Jakob did what he could fighting against the hunters as the other vampire made her way through the group keeping them busy while his body tried to take care of the toxin. Whatever was in his system even seemed to hamper the ability for him to use his fangs and claws. So he had to resort to fighting like a human with punches and kicks.

He felt like he was getting worse, it must be becuse of having to fight in his weakened state that he started to feel light headed and his vision seemed to be closing in like he was looking through a straw.

At least the woman seemed to know what she was doing as she slashed another one of thhe hunters. He would have to make sure to reward her properly for saving him, though his pride did take a bit of a blow havung to be rescued in the first place. He had to stay conscious to find out who she was since she was not someone he knew.

Emily continued to slash and claw her way through the hunters. Two lay dead on the ground as she continued to fight off those who remained. She did not give up nor did she back down. Emily growled and snarled during the attacks. She threw away weapons that she grabbed out of hunters hands. The female vampire actually fed off of a weakened one who had fallen to their knees after trying to fight her off. Emily was getting tired but she dared not allow herself to collapse.

Emily fought her way to where jakob was. She tried to get a good look at him for she did not know who he was. That was what created a question in her mind: Who was he? She wondered that. The female vampire licked blood off of her lips as she made to take out a hunter who tried to stake her from behind. That was a big mistake on his part, she thought. She smirked inside her thoughts as she took him out as well. She was still fairly surrounded but she was not afraid.

The female vampire grabbed for a dropped dart gun. She had an idea. She was going to act on it quickly. She raised it and pointed it towards a couple of hunters closest to the male vampire. She fired the dart gun at them. The female vampire watched for any result that would be benefit her and even the male vampire. She was actually hoping to really rescue the male vampire after she saw what had been going on. She wanted to take them out since they were hunters either way though.

He fought as long as he could though he felt the pinch of another dart stab into him. This time on the arm and from a hunter who had ust stabbed it in. Jakob turned and grabbed him slamming hom into the light post not carring if the man died. The second dose made him weaker and he was loosing the fight to stay conscious. Jakob got one more hit in before slumping to his knees as he blacked out and fell to the ground.

The effects of the darts where almost instant. As soon as the toxin entered there blood the hunters collapsed screaming. Due to the drug being designed specifically for vampires the hunters had made it extremely strong. Only a couple minutes passed and the hunters where dead there bodies unable to handle the toxin that only slowed the vampires.

Emily watched as the hunters collapsed. She remained standing, ready to fight if any of the hunters were still standing. She did not lower her guard yet. She looked around. She was careful.

Emily blinked when she saw that the male vampire had collapsed. She ran up to him. She wanted to make sure that he was alright. The female vampire sighed in relief when she saw that he wasn't hurt. That was what she assumed anyway.

Emily picked him up. She carried him to a safe spot so that he could recover. She stayed close in order to watch over him as he did so. She waited for him to wake up. Emily kept an eye out. She knew that there could be more hunters out there. She had to be on the lookout. She knew that much.

Emily was quiet. She didn't make a sound. She paced back and forth a bit. She was rather concerned for the male vampire.

After what felt like forever Jakob finally started to feel like he was gaining strength. Though his head felt like it could split in two it was pounding so bad. He opened his eyes slowly as his hand went to his head, "man whatever is in that stuff really messes with you." He says to himself not
aware at that moment that he was not alone.

Looking around he spotted the woman pacing. "You saved my life tonight I am eternally greatful." He says as he atempts to stand up but was still feeling lightheaded on top of everything else.

Emily took a breath. It felt like forever since she had set the male vampire down. She blinked upon hearing a voice and quickly noticed that the male was awake. She ran over to him. She was careful though.

Emily managed a nod.
"You're welcome...sir."
She said sir because she didn't know how name. She was wanting to know though and was tempted to ask.
"I'm glad to see you're finally awake. They did some damage, those darn hunters."
She sighed a bit. She shook her head a bit.

"I feel like a fool for passing out like that, though it would not have happened if I had been hit with a second dose." Jakob says as the woman came over by him. He was extremely grateful that he lived through experience however and smiled lightly at her. "My name is Jakob no need to call me sir since you saved my life both I and my clan owe you." He tells her not wanting to get to formal and go into clan names. He would take her lead on that and if she used her clan name he would as well.

(Sorry about the delay, I had some RL stuff to deal with. Should be nack to regular posting now.)

Emily noted how he seemed to think he was a fool, since she heard what he said. Upon introductions, she noted how he didn't say his clan name. That made her curious. Anyway, she returned the favor and proceeded to be reassuring.
"I'm Emily. You are not a fool."

She took a breath and continued.
"You do not owe me anything. Those hunters needed to be dealt with."
She may not have smiled or anything but she was trying to be really nice to him.

"Thats a lovely name Emily, I do not truly think I am a fool its more that I could not believe that I let myself be ambushed like that. So I was a little foolish for hunting alone knowing that hunters where around. I should have gathered a group before going out." Jakob says "so what brought you into this area? I hunt these streets frequently though changing things up a lot so I am not to predictable. Your a new face though abd I thought I was acquainted with everyone around here."

Emily nodded at the compliment. She listened to his explanation.
"It is dangerous to hunt alone around here, yes. I suppose that is true."
She looked at him as she continued to listen to him. When Emily heard his question, she hesitated for a brief moment before proceeding to answer him.
"I was hunting as well. I was trying a new area. I scented you and saw the hunters. You saw what happened afterwards for yourself."
She took a step towards him.
"I am new to the area myself. I have never met any of the local vampires except for you."
Emily moved a strand of hair out of her face. She looked around a bit, trying to be on her guard still.

"I see, so did your clan move to the area or just you?" Jakob asks finding himself curious about this who saved his life. He wanted to learn more about her and her clan. "Ths may seem like an odd question bit did you find out anything that we can use against the hunters? It feels like they are getting bolder, and at the same time smarter. Taking us on with more numbers and setting up traps, if this keeps up then there is a good chance we will have to take harsher measures to protect ourselves.

Emily blinked at that. She took a breath and spoke.
"I did not learn much more than what is already known. I know they have newer weapons and have been training."
She sighed a bit and continued on.
"As for moving to the area, it is just me. My clan did not follow as they are not up to taking over new territories yet. I doubt they will any time soon though."
She paused for a moment. She looked at him.

"Those like myself have already been taking harsher measures to protect ourselves."
She talked in a calm tone.
"We've had to for a while now. I would have died a long time ago if I haven't been."
She hoped that did not sound very threatening, if at all.

"That is the same with us. We know they are training and getting better weapons but we have to figure out the best way to fight them. With the new poison they developed we dont stand a chance alone. After tonight I think i am going to go to the clans leaders and tell them that I believe that there needs to be a rule that no one hunts alone. That may be the best plan for now it would keep us safer." Jakob says glad that there was not a new clan coming into the territory trying to take over. Though he was curious why she left her clan. "One good thing vame out if this though. I survived there darts so I can pass on the effects and my clan can hopefully benifit from it.

"If you dont mind me asking why did you lèave your clan behind?" He asks her enjoying being able to just talk with someone without them knowing who he was and trying to get in good with his family.

Emily nodded and spoke.
"I may do the same when I return to my clan, passing on any new information I learned cause of this. I may not return to them right away though or any time soon for that matter."
She sighed a bit. She looked at him and continued.
"It may be safer not to hunt alone, yes."

Emily blinked upon being asked why she left her clan. She sighed again and frowned. She had been hesitant to say why, but she was nice enough to answer him anyway. She took a breath and spoke about it.

"I was tired of the fighting and the plotting."
She confessed that with a frown. She looked away for a brief second before she continued.
"If it wasn't something to do with the hunters, it was this other clan. It was always 'hate' this or 'so and so's' that. If not those then it was something else. I was sick of it. I've told them a feud wasn't worth it anymore, and asked them if they even remembered what the fighting was about. No one remembered yet wouldn't toss it aside yet. Stubbornness and pride were obviously there. I had enough and left on my own for a while. Hopefully I can return someday."

Jakob was surprised to find that her vlan was in a feud. It was not an overly common thing but the big clans teneded to sometimes get into it with each other. Though it sounelded like this feud was an ancient one like the feud his clan was in. "I think feuds are mainly sparked by a grab for power. One clan thinks it can take some territory from another and that starts a fight. Then one thing leads to another and before you know it generations have past and both sides are still fighting." He tells her not sure if he should tell her his vlan was in a feud as well. He knew that he would not be leaving though, if an attack came from the Voltaires he would be right there with his clan to fight them off.

"My clan is in a feud as well, though the fighting is mainly outside the territory right now. So you should be safe here from clan fights. I know they can get messy."

Emily sighed. She nodded. She frowned.
"I wish they would see how idiotic this fighting is. It's obvious that no one even Renee's what started it. Since that is the case, it is no longer worth it. Yet, they refuse to let it go. Those stubborn little.."

She trailed off. She took a breath and continued speaking.
"Sorry about that. I guess I was getting carried away. I just hope your right. I also hope that they eventually see reason and stop fighting. "

Emily looked away for a moment.
"The hunters will take advantage of all this if they do not stop."
She looked at him again.
"Don't you think so?"