The Feud

"Well then I guess my clan owes you thanks Emily, daylight is drawing near and I would like to offer you a room for the day and then after sundown we can make sure you get a safe place to stay if tou will be in this territory for long." Dante says after joining them.

"Emily this is Dante, our clan leader. Though it has not been long since he took over." Jakob says introducing Emily to his clan leader.

Emily nodded.
"A pleasure to meet you."
She said that even though it did not feel like a pleasure. Anyway, she nodded.
"You do not have to offer a room but if you insist."
She shrugged a bit.
"But, mainly, thanks are not necessary."
She managed a faint smile. She sighed a bit inside her mind. What she was feeling had not yet changed.

"It is to close to sunup to risk having you try to find a differnt place to stay. Jakob can show you to an empty room, there are lots since the main family has suffered a lot of loss. Including our former leader not to long ago." Dante says walking past and locking the heavy door. "Everyone is a little on edge becuse of her death but we will get through it."

"Thank you for offering to let Emily stay, I was going to take her down the road but here may be safer for now." Jakob says "oh I almost forgot about this." He says taking the dart out of his pocket. "She got this and I was hoping that it could be useful."

Emily nodded.
"Very well."
She dared not say anything against it. She knew that she could not risk it. Anyway, those feelings that she had still did not go away. Emily could not seem to shake them off. However, Emily maintained her calm and saved face. After that, she watched as Jakob handed Dante the dart and waited for a reaction. She was patient in this regard as well.

Dante took the dart, "this is the first time a Carson has survived the hunters." He said almost to himself. "Its also the first time we are able to try and get answers as to what they use." He says with a small smile feeling like he would be able to lead his clan to defeat the hunters and drive them out of his teritory.

Jakob started to notice that Emily seemed uncomfortable. "Is everything ok?" He asks putting a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

Emily nodded.
"I'm fine."
She was lying of course. However, she was usually a good liar. Most tended to believe her right away. She hoped that this was no exception.

She glanced at Dante and wondered what he was going to do next.

"Maybe you just need some rest, come on I will show you a room you can use. My brother is going to be a bit preoccupied studying that dart we gave him." Jakob says starting to the stairs.

"Wait," Dante says suddenly looking up. "We should let your clan know your staying with us. What did you say your clan name was?" He asks looking at Emily as he waited for an answer. "Unless you have no clan."

Emily nodded at Jakob. She made to follow him. She blinked and suddenly stopped in her tracks when Dante spoke, asking about her clan. She hesitated.
"......."
She didn't know what to say.
"I...left my clan."
She hoped that he would just leave it at that. She waited to see what he would say.

She had saved his brother so he owed her and would make sure she had a place to stay despite the fact he was starting to question her motives. "Then the Carsons will look out for you until you get on your feet. Your also welcome to stay in our territory permanently if you wish." He offered speaking more for the clan then anything. Other then him Jakob was only one left to take over if anything happened. So the clan would accept her living amongst them even if she was an outsider. "That is if you wish to remain a guest in this area."

Emily was relieved that he had left it at that after all. She sighed with relief inside her mind. She nodded. She gave a faint smile.
"Thank you."
She nodded again. She looked between Dante and Jacob. Her hair had loosened from it's style since she had saved Jakob from those hunters. She did not notice though.

"Its the least I could do, Jakob will show you upstairs now. The rooms all have hade the glass relaced so they remain free of sunlight." Dante says

"You can have your choice of rooms, the place has been a little quiet lately so its nice to have a guest." Jakob says with a smile as he starts upstairs not missing that Dante was watchig Emily with a bit of distrust. He had been differnt since taking over the clan, more distant and definitly less trusting of outsiders.

Emily nodded. She repeated her words of gratitude.
"Thank you."
She followed after Jakob. She nodded at his words. The female vampire managed another faint smile. She continued to hide the feelings that she had been feeling from Jakob and others. She didn't want him to know what they were, if he had not already guessed. She would look at the various rooms and look undecided. She could not decide which room to stay in.

"I know its a hard choice, this one is across from mine if you want to use that one." Jakob says poining out a room. "There where less rooms free when I was first brought inti the clan so the choice was pretty easy."

Emily nodded.
"Alright then."
She looked around a bit. In the end, she settled for the one that he had suggested. She looked back at Jakob after that. She wondered what he would say next.

"Can I get you anything?" Jakob asks once Emily had chosen a room. "Its not the best but we have some blood stored if your thirsty. We keep it as freash we can but nothing beats taking it from human veins." He says planning to go down and grab a bag to hold him over until the next night.

emily shrugged and nodded.
"That will be fine."
She took a breath and spoke again.
"You really don't have to do anything more for me, honest."
She tried to be even more sincere. She felt bad that he was being so kind to her. She may have saved his life, but she thought that the debt was already paid with the offer of a room and such.

Jakob smiled a ĺittle, "your a guest but I hope that in time we can be friends. You had a rough night with the fight and getting me out of there. I offered not becuse of feeling I owed it to you but becuse I thought it would be polite." He explained when she said he did not have to do any more for her.

Emily blinked. She didn't know what to say at first. She managed a faint smile.
"Oh, I see."
She took a breath.
"Thank you then."
She took a step forward. She spoke again.
"I only did that because i wanted to."
She was honest and had meant every word of that. She was sincere.

"I get that, my brother can go a little overboard but it was kind of nice to see him not so serious. Since he took over a few months ago he has not had much time to relax so thank you for accepting his offer." Jakob says then headed back to the stairs. "Come on and I will show you where the blood is stored and you can help yourself when you want something."

Emily nodded.
"Oh? He's always like that?"
She actually found herself a but curious. She followed him to where the blood was stored.
"Or am i wrong?"
She frowned a bit when she asked that last part. She did not want to assume wrongly.