The Feral War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cade crossed her arms, looking at him. "I was caught by a few bandits a few years ago. They injured me, and couldn't fight or flee, then a passing patrol saved my life. I was amazed by their strength, so I became a soldier like them. I've been doing it ever since."

Skro listened to the girl tell her story. "Bandits, eh? Hate them bastards. Mercenaries are worse, though. If you send 'em on a job, and your enemy pays higher, they'll turn on you in a heartbeat. At least bandits have the courtesy not to ally themselves with anyone in particular." He tore off another chunk of meat. "Want some more meat, Cade? I packed plenty." he asked.

"Never cared for either. Detestable pieces of crap, the both of them. No matter what way you look at it." Cade tilted her head, debating for a moment. She didn't normally take food from others, maybe out of paranoia, maybe out of principle, but she nodded anyway. He was offering, may as well take it. Even though she had her own supply. "Yeah, I'll take some."

"Agreed." he said, handing her another piece of meat. "It's getting late. We'll continue moving at dawn. Get some rest, Cade." He shifts into his fox form and curls up, soon afterwards falling asleep.

Cade nodded, yawning. She quickly ate the meat, then took a running jump and transformed into her hawk form. It was always a running jump, otherwise she lacked the momentum to fly properly. Landing high up in a tree, she managed to get to sleep after a few minutes of paranoia-induced wariness.

In the morning, Skro woke up stretched and yawned, then snuffled around the camp. He shifted back into human for, cracking his back as he stood. His age was starting to catch up to him, but he was till ahead, by far. He stomped out what was left of the fire, and scattered the ashes around the area. He looked up to where Cade was perched. "Mornin', Cade. Time to get woke up and back on the trail."

Status
Not open for further replies.