The feeling you get after finishing a Manga Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CherrieCafe

Original poster
So in waiting for new translations and volumes to come out for Trinity Seven I returned to an old series I put down called Gakuen Alice. Not remembering where I left off I returned reading the series during the darker parts. I've actually pulled mostly all nighters being glue to the series and I just finished it. I'm alright with the ending but I almost wish it kept going as it had ended on a light note but a cliffhanger for another adventure.

Has anyone regret endings? I wish had gone through all the chapters again since maybe it would of been more final. I hate endings.

The one that springs to mind is Hana-Kimi. I did not agree with that ending in the slightest, but I feel like it was a clash of Western and Eastern philosophies, and that was why it bugged me. Like if it was an Western series the main character would have been able to get away with what she was doing. It wouldn't be realistic, but I don't read shojo for realism. XD

Rurouni Kenshin was a hard one to just let go. I was fine with the ending, but I wanted more. I adore that series.

I've stopped reading Saiyuki for the moment because next is Gaiden and I know it's going to hurt my heart. One does not pass through Gaiden without tears. It doesn't help that I listened to Greg Agree talk about how in the anime it starts out with a bunch of voice actors then as each episode progressed, the list dwindled more and more. Asdfg! One day I will blaze through it, like ripping off a band-aid. Lol

Monster left me with such a chilling ending that, while I can understand it not sitting well with some people, I can't help but love it and its symbolism, as well as it being the closure to such a long journey.

There was also the ends of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run, Ashita no Joe, and Oyasumi Punpun, which all left me with an empty feeling as I tried to process all that happened

I hate the ending to Vampire Knight. .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.