5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Come one, come all to the most popping party in NYC!

It's the biggest party for a holiday that doesn't have parties!

Sure, the Christmas party they had was weird.

And the Field trip was weirder

And the escape room was weirdest.

But what can go wrong at this sort of party?

Nothing.

Certainly not any supernatural creatures from Irish folklore wrecking it.... no siree....

EVENT INFO.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are someone who was invited to a saint patrick's day party

When: March 15th, 2PM EST/1PM CST. This will end at 5PM EST.

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. Luck may be against you.​

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.

Last edited:

1610396299217.png
Name:
Lliira Lockwood (of the Edinburgh Lockwoods)
Orientation: Heterosexual
Bio:

Lliira's parents are obsessed with Success, both economic and social. So naturally it was a great disappointment when their daughter turned out to be, not a winsome debutante or even a hard-driving would-be executive, but a shy, bookish girl with a nervous stutter, whose taste in books centered on the occult, the arcane, and the strange. Her albinism was only an icing on her cake of...well, let's not say failure, that would affirm the negative, and the first step to Success is a positive mindset!

Unfortunately, no amount of positive affirmations could prevent the prep-school girls from eating Lliira alive. Nor could they prevent her from retreating ever further into her studies and meditations and...shall we say...unusual practices involving wands and candles and chalices and such? Spirituality--yes, we'll call it that, because her mother and father rarely had time to attempt to steer her toward more practical pursuits, and it wasn't as if an owl was going to show up with her invitation to Hogwarts.

The governesses she grew up with couldn't be bothered to help much in that regard. I suppose they might say they weren't paid well enough to truly raise Lliira to become someone who mattered, rather than leaving her to her own devices as long as she was never a behavior problem they had to deal with. Besides, it's not as if a governess could be a proper model of Success now, is it?

And so, while she got nearly perfect grades in school, she never managed to have any friends or be invited to any parties. Instead, as she entered her teens she began using her spare time to study dead languages of all things: Latin, Greek, ancient Egyptian, and Sumerian, so she could read peculiar old texts in the original. For a time, her parents didn't really know what to do except indulge her interests and hope it was just a phase she was going through, one she might perhaps grow out of as soon as she started to become interested in boys. Unfortunately, prep-school boys were at least as nasty to her as prep-school girls if not worse, so Lliira never developed any crushes.
1609208736364.png

Her 16th birthday came and went with no signs of improvement. There was really only one thing her poor mother and father could think of to do: arrange for her to spend some time with her aunt Fiona in America, during the lead-up to Fiona's great New Year's Gala. Everyone who was anyone was going to be there, and surely there could be no one better than Miss Fiona Lockwood to prepare Lliira for her high society debut.

This turned out to be something of a disaster, but for some reason, no one wanted to talk to any of the society page reporters about events at the Gala, and at least Lliira received no blame. In fact, her life went back to something approaching normal, until her prep school arranged a field trip to explore the Paris Catacombs. Trapped underground by an earthquake, she was confronted by a mysterious cult leader who seemed to want to recruit her.

This terrifying encounter only strengthened Lliira's tendency to hide away and keep to herself. But Aunt Fiona has the perfect answer to her niece's self-isolation: a great big New York-style party for that happiest and most harmless of holidays--St. Patrick's Day! What could possibly go wrong?

Personality:

Lliira is painfully shy, and very quiet. She even moves with an eerily silent grace, so that she seems to appear and disappear like a spirit. When not forced to wear a school uniform, she wears flowing gowns and hooded cloaks (the latter shield her from sunlight, which burns her easily). She has a soft voice with a Scottish accent. All together, it is as if she is an exchange student from Middle Earth.

She always has a book with her, usually some obscure arcane tome, like the Grimoire of Abramelin the Mage, a volume from the Vedas, or a copy of The Corpus Hermeticum or the Enuma Elish with interlinear translation. When she does not expect to encounter other teenagers who might maliciously take it from her, she also carries her journal, a leather-bound book containing mystic diagrams and writings in a cypher based on the Voynich script, along with blank pages remaining to be filled.

tumblr_mmg4bfE3YC1qkwxnzo1_400.gif
Abilities:

Lliira has never told anyone that she can see auras, and feel the presence of magical currents such as ley lines and the delineation around a consecrated space.

Her spell-casting does not always work, but when it does, it results in a synchronicity that provides her what she hoped for, or perhaps something unexpected that turns out to be better in some way. On occasion, she has been able to cause people to not notice her for a time (a challenge, given her distinctive looks), or just leave her alone.

She can see nature spirits, but has had little opportunity to try to interact with them, since anyone seeing her talking to something they couldn't see would surely regard her as insane.

Her Tarot readings can sometimes warn her of trouble ahead, or provide useful insights into herself or others. However, they are always subject to interpretation, so she is not infallible.

From time to time, she may have a dream, vision, or flash of insight, though these are not things she can conjure at will. They too are subject to interpretation, and operate according to the alien logic of the supernatural, so they do not always provide straightforward guidance.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 11.37.09 AM.png

Name: Thoby White
Relationships: Ricky's younger brother who was forced to this party.... and Jaxob adores. He's also a sarcastic bastard.

1608876564864.png

Name: Jaxob Campbell

Species: Doppelganger

Personality: Jaxob has the personality of most teenage boys who have fathers who has a lot of power,a bit of a rebel and not afraid to cause some trouble. He is also a nice kid who enjoys going places, but he also hates surprises. He also tends to pick up the personality ( and sometimes) abilities of people around him.

History: Jaxob was a "gift" to his fathers, being "borrn" as a baby to be their "son" and has grown up for the past sixteen years thinking he was normal. ( I mean, don't most kids look exactly their two parents perfectly combined as teens? Nothing weird here)

1608876106788.png

Name: Dr. Michael "Mickey" Campbell

Extra: He's the man hosting the party. He and his husband are currently on a relationship break.....might have something to do with being cheated on.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 9.55.22 AM.png

Name: Miles O'Connor

Species: Gavacangh

Name: Seamus O'Reilly

Species; Leprechaun

Extra: He wants his stolen pot of gold back.

1608876600044.png

Name: Charles " Charlie" Campbell

Extra: He's hoping to make it up with his husband.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The party was in full swing when you arrived. Seeing as it was a Saint Patrick's Day party, that just meant a lot of drunk people. Luckily, you could see some sober people in the living room having some fruit punch.

Today at 12:02 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira silently moved past the drinking scene, staying close to the wall until she found her way to the living room. There were people there too, but at least they all seemed to be having punch instead of beer or whiskey. Unless the punch was spiked... She quietly found a place to sit, cracked open the copy of Synergetics, Vol. 1 she was carrying and started to read.

Today at 12:11 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob was waiting for Rosemary when he got the text. He stared and it and frowned. Had he done something wrong or.... maybe it was coincidence? He was sadly too young to drink and besides his dads wouldn't let him. Well Michael wouldn't and Charlie was gone for now. He looked over at the girl and tilted his head curiously. " I don't meet many people who bring a book to a party... is it a good one?" He asked

Today at 12:18 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira looked up at the sound of the voice. Her eyes widened briefly when she recognized the boy. He seemed to be a mostly harmless troublemaker, but the last time she'd seen him, real trouble had come. His presence here was a potent synchronicity, but what did it mean? "Uh...I...think so..." she stammered. She was close to certain he would not agree. Buckminster Fuller's writing was extremely information-dense, and the book's subtitle, Explorations in the Geometry of Thinking was enough to drive everyone she knew away. Well, except maybe Nolan? But he wasn't here.

Today at 12:32 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at her and considered his next words carefully. " Well, it's good that it is a good book. These parties have a way of getting out of control rather fast believe it or not. The Christmas party really turned out pretty weird this past year. Though, I feel like I'm the only one who remembered it that way. So did you come here out of choice or did you hear about my dads thinking it was a good idea to bring a pot of gold back from Ireland?

Today at 12:35 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira wore an embroidered green dress with a medieval flare, and an Art Nouveau necklace of swirling brass and enameled leaves. "They...what?" Under any other circumstances, and with almost any other person, she would have been sure she was being fed a load of blarney. "You mean...not...a...s-sou-venir...they bought?"

Today at 12:42 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob would look over at her and adjusted the jacket he was wearing. "Yeah, they didn't exactly buy it as a souvenir. They found it on a hill after a rainstorm. It seemed like it was when we went to the catacombs. I mean, I have never been good with legends, but I felt like hosting this party to brag about it was a bad idea, but they don't really listen to me. So, want to see it?"

Today at 12:46 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Arriving at the exact moment was a man dressed in a green suit jacket some green pants and sporting a green t-shirt walked into the room.

Today at 12:47 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira did a double-take at the man in green. His aura crackled with arcane energies. "It...might...might n-not be...s-such a..a g-good idea to, to be n-near it j-just now," she stuttered. The young man's aura was peculiar as well, but that wasn't the sort of thing one could ask a person about without sounding like a freak. At least he wasn't mean...so far.

Today at 12:53 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at her and then back at the new man who entered the room. ""Well, yeah, he doesn't look like he is here for a party or for that matter to be anything less than really dangerous."

Today at 1:01 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The man would look over at the girl. " Never seen anyone quite like you when dealing with idiots who thinks it's a smart idea to take a leprechaun's pot of gold. Name's Seamus."

Today at 1:02 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira froze for a moment when the Leprechaun spoke to her. She'd read enough Celtic lore to know that one had to tread very carefully when dealing with the Fair Folk. She set her book down and rose to give him a curtsy. "I..i..i...it...is...an ho--honor...t-t-to m-meet y-y-you, F-f-fair One," she said with a struggle. Her stutter was even worse, and at the worst possible time! She turned to Jaxob. "C-can you sh-sh-show him...t-to...th-the g-gold?"

Today at 1:09 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seamus rolled his eyes hard. " I do love that you adhere to the old traditions and if I was my great-grandfather, I would applaud you for being so respectful of the culture. But here's the thing, I'm not. Old traditions are great, but just call Seamus, none of this old name stuff. Also, I'm not going to curse you for just being here." He turned to Jaxob.

Today at 1:15 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Well, there's some good news and bad news. Good news, it's all here.... the bad news is welll-" Jaxob gestured to the take one at the door bowl full of gold and then to the pot being used for the beer

Today at 1:16 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira gave him a nod, but decided it was better to stay silent. The Fae were well-known to be Tricksters, perhaps Leprechauns most of all, and this one had every reason to be cross with the human species at the moment. Still, curiosity and fascination flared to life. It was not, after all, every day that one got to meet a real, live Leprechaun! She followed Seamus and Jaxob. She was relieved to see the gold still here (and hopefully none of the partygoers had pinched a coin while no one was looking), but her jaw dropped when Jaxob gestured at the pot being used to hold the beer. Now, beer might have made a respectable offering, if it was the best beer (and not--cringe--some pale American imitation such as Bud Light!), and if it was in any other vessel than the Leprechaun's own cauldron!

Today at 1:28 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The bowl was half-empty and looked like it was missing half the gold

Today at 1:33 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seamus looked at the gold left in the bowl and then back at the cauldron. " Remember when I said I wasn't going to curse you for being here? That still holds true for you and Mr. Jaxob, but this room of drunk people on the other hand- well, the same can't be said. These men drinking beer at the party are acting like fools, please turn them into complete tools.

Today at 1:36 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    A fight would start as men threw punchs.

Today at 1:36 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Leave it to bloody Americans to have a different meaning for complete tools."

Today at 1:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Doing a quick comparison of the amount of gold in the bowl and the size of the Leprechaun's cauldron, Lliira began to fear that Jaxob had been wrong about all the gold being there. As the Leprechaun spoke, she was grateful that she had not tried the punch or any of the other party favors. By not doing so, she had not included herself in the implicit pact of hospitality, and thus (hopefully) escaped any curses that would fall on this house and those who lived here. Seamus pronounced a curse, and suddenly a brawl erupted all around her! She let out a squeal as someone threw a punch at her for being a random person within reach. Thankfully, he was thoroughly drunk and just as thoroughly uncoordinated, so she was able to duck and dodge away from his attack, but she wasn't able to stop him from tripping and tumbling toward Seamus' cauldron.

Today at 1:43 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "No!" she cried, but her hands missed when she tried to grab the man.

Today at 1:46 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob moved left and right, dodging the punches and noticed that Seamus had taken off somewhere with the bowl. He seemed to be going into the crowd and looking for his gold. Leaving it to a leprechaun to lose it, but he knew he would be back for the cauldron. It hardly seemed like a problem right now and watched as the beer cauldron did a flip in the air and it looked like it was about to do a crahs when....

Today at 1:48 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    A kid around Jaxob's age. would grab it and stop it from spilling. "I would love to properly introduce myself to you, but it seems we should get out of this room first. Name's Thoby White. Let's get you out of here." He would offer his free hand to help her up.

Today at 1:50 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira dove for the cauldron. She had no idea if it would actually break; it looked to be ancient bronze, ensorceled with intricate knotwork. She missed and hit the floor, but thankfully someone else was able to save it. "Th-thank you," she said. He was another very handsome young man--really, the sort of person she wouldn't expect to give her the time of day. She took his hand and climbed back to her feet. Blushing, and fairly sure her words would not cooperate, she nodded. Her attacker was also staggering to his feet. He turned to her with rage in his eye, as if his current state was all her fault. Lliira grabbed the cauldron and threw the beer at him; if it was empty, hopefully the drunks wouldn't come after it. "W-we should k-keep this s-s-safe."

Today at 1:59 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seamus looked over at the girl. " I feel kind of bad because this is entirely my fault.... and also because I don't want to be punched in the face, perhaps another spell shall remedy this situation. These men who drink the beer at this party have been complete and utter drunken cogs, please keep them all safe and turn them into friendly dogs. The spell would come over and now all the violent men would grip in pain for two seconds and then all of them would become dogs. " It also makes my job easier." He went back to picking gold now easily visible.

Today at 2:04 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "I think we might want to talk to the leprechaun. I know he's inbittered and such.... but still, he's going a bit far." He would nod about keeping the gold safe.

Today at 2:05 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "I'll...wa-wash this..." Lliira said, hurrying to the kitchen with the cauldron to wash it out and dry it. She took off her necklace and matching earrings and placed them inside; they weren't gold, but the Fae were believed to like shiny things, and they were all she had. Returning with the bronze cauldron, she passed the barking and whining mob and made her way to Seamus. "P-please...ac-c-cept this...b-back...and...sh-sh-show...mercy...a-a-and...let...let th-them b-be men...again."

52 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seamus considered her proposition for a moment. It seemed like he was on board. " Well, that certainly is mighty nice of you and I do appreciate the offerings and I believe I can show them some mercy and change them back into humans. But all of these mens act like boys, so why should I not reverse it so their outsides reflect their insides. Seems only fair to m-"

46 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "No, p-please...if...if they are ch-changed...our world...w-will...know...ab-about yours..." At the very least, men in dark suits and dark glasses might come demanding to know how a room full of men were turned into children or turned inside-out or whatever Seamus' spell might do to them. And what might they do with the knowledge that magic was real, and powerful, and what might they seek to do to the Fairy Realm?

41 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seamus looked over at her and he laughed. " You honestly think that pe-" A loud clang could be heard as someone who looked like an older Jaxob would slam a pot in the back of the leprechaun's head.

38 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Sorry about that, he was honestly causing more problems than he was worth at this party. Name's Michael Campbell. Most fae spells are broken when the fae is knocked out," The man was right as most of the dogs were men again..... extremely naked men.

36 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira startled at the man's sudden appearance. His cast-iron skillet certainly seemed to have the desired effect; for all their power, the Fae had a vulnerability to iron. But now she was the only girl in a room full of naked men. "Uh..." There wasn't anywhere she could look and not see one or more of them, except right down at her feet. "C-could...you p-please...g-give...him back..his g-gold...and his...cauldron?" she said, hefting it for emphasis. Only then did it really hit her that she was holding a Leprechaun's gold-pot and stammering her way through trying to make peace between humans and Fae, with Bad Things sure to happen if she failed.

30 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael considered for a moment. " Sure, I can certainly do that. Just give me five seconds to-"

26 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " It's done." All the men had clothes back on. Now if it was exactly their original clothes who knew.Jaxob just threw on whatever fit them.

25 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira blinked in surprise. The man apparently had magic of his own, though she didn't know if he was Fae or something else. "Th-thank you," she said. She was equally grateful to Jaxob, who hurriedly dressed the men in whatever clothes happened to be nearest each of them.

20 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The aura that Michael had was very necrotic in nature. It seemed very close to Jaxob but different somehow. Like there was more to the boy than whatever his father was

19 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira set down the cauldron and started putting scattered gold pieces into it. With any luck, this whole situation would work out well enough for everyone involved. And if there was any day that was good for a little luck, wasn't this it? No one will ever believe this! she thought. Not that she had anyone at home or at school she could confide such things to.

13 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It wouldn't take long before the cauldron was filled with gold. " And if I remember some old lore correctly..." Michael would pick up Seamus and lean his head on the pot of gold. He would disappear with it.

10 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Thank you," Lliira said, then turned to Tholby. "It...it's nice...to meet you...and you," she said to Jaxob. "My name...is...is Lliira."

7 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The boys would both reply " Nice to meet you Lllira." The rest of the party would go well and it seemed that everyone had survived. Michael would hand her an invite to the Easter party on her way out. " That one should be normal.... probably." It seemed that was the end for now..... but yet, it felt only like the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.