The Family Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ashelyn."

The woman jumped in surprised and looked around, freaked. Was she hearing things?

"Ashelyn," came the repeated whisper. "Take care and we're being watched, I must go." After that, she heard nothing from the voice. A faint sound of wind and then gone.

It was Nick, she was sure. Only he would think to use the ability in that way since he himself attained it as well.

Blinking, she shook her head. She had been so distracted by the sounds she had forgotten about her immediate danger. They had only just survived an encounter and here she was living in Lala Land. She immediately began rushing though the forest, wondering at Nick's words, heart pounding out of panic, excitement, and adrenaline.

So focused was she, that she tripped over a furry ball and landed on her hands and knees.

"Ow." She turned to see what it was that caused her to fall. It was certainly ugly, that was for sure. It looked like crack addicted squirrel with leathery wings. Oh, wait... Was that a bat?

It fumbled onto its two legs and flapped its wings, screeching angrily. The thing was at tall as her knees with overgrown incisors.
Ashelyn didn't think it wanted to play. So that left only one option when it came to an angry, fereal bat thing.

Run.

"Damn it all!" She squeaked out, sending herself into a coughing fit as she scrambled to her feet and darted away, running full speed to the beach.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Nick was looking through the cupboards searching for the poison antidote in the kitchen. He knew it was in here but where it was he couldn't remember.

"I.. feel like someones ripping my leg off.."

Nick had to hurry if he wanted to save Kacey's leg, he had to it. He wouldn't forgive himself if anything happened.

"Make it stop, knock me out...hurts to much"

Nick knew he has already over used his powers but he had to push it further and with his speed he searched every cupboard in milliseconds but there was no sign. His hands were starting to burn but he kept going but as he searched he never found the antidote. In frustration he hit the fridge and the antidote fell from the fridge and he saw it fall in slow motion.

Nick couldn't believe it and now remembers he put it there from the last time he used it. Nick quickly grabbed it and the first aid box which was on the wall and rushed to Kacey. Nick's been using his speed for too long and it started to slightly stop working at times but he carry on. Nick's image was like watching a freeze frame picture show. Nick was feeling the effects of the powers but he knew how much he could push his speed and he has just reached his limit.

Nick couldn't say nothing to Kacey when he was using his super speed there was no point she wouldn't understand fast speed talking unless there was skin to skin contact. Nick opened the first aid box grabbed the needle and got some liquid into it.

He made sure it was done properly and got the air out before inserting the needle into her ankle. He then grabbed a dripping wet glove in a container out and put them on and placed it down hard onto Kacey's leg and put pressure onto it.

Nick was tired and had to stop using his power for the antidote and gloves to start taking effect. He braced himself for all the things he had just done over the few seconds to Kacey to heal her. He knew it would be uncomfortable or even hurt even more but it will soon pass.

Nick was breathing heavily, his whole body was shaking and he knew it. He didn't care though because all his thought was onto one hand putting pressure onto Kacey's wound and that hand was steady as a rock.

The gloves were soaked in a weak to medium alkaline which helped with the acid burning pain but the glove was starting to irritate Nick. Nick concentrated just on the wound and his hand. He tried his best to ignore his shaking body but kept telling himself just a little more, just a little more.

"Shit shit shit..." Maya thought as she noticed Carl's scratch on his arm, he was beginning to lose consciousness but she had enough of her strength back to walk again. Struggling a little, she managed to lift Carl's heavy body and began carrying him towards the beach as fast as her legs could carry her. Maya was panting a little but she couldn't give up now, if they stayed here things weren't going to end well, hearing another set of footsteps not too far from her she managed to turn her head enough to spot Ashelyn, it made her feel just a little more at ease to know at least she was safe too...

Kacey couldn't watch Nick, the freeze frames off him constantly bouncing made her vision blur, causing her to feel nautious instead she closed her eyes trying to focus on something other than the pain, but that seemed impossible.

For a moment there was no pain, no sound then suddenly like a tidal wave, a sharp ripping pain coursed through her, she tried not to squirm,before he removed the needle for the first bit Kacey held in all groans and screams, but that wouldn't last long. She scremead every few moments as the pain got deeper and worse.

It was almost worst then getting bite, but suddenly the pain ceased, she felt her leg going numb. She opened her eyes just in time to watch Nick shaking, her gaze drifting down to the rag on her leg. She fought to steady her breathing, pulling her attention back to Nick, her face tensing as worry washed over her.

She could no longer feel her leg, but she could tell the medicine was taking affect, already dulling the strange colour of her veins, she reached out to touch Nick on the shoulder almost like she was trying to steady him, the sharp smell of the weird liquid burning her nostrils, she could tell something was up " you.. ok? you.. can stop it's working" she groaned, he worry now on his well being.

She tried to put on a brave face, giving him a pathetic attempt at a smile " thank you.." she breathed heavily.

Carl woke up but still in a weak condition, "Maya... do I weight like a buffalo hehehe... but seriously thanks..." Carl makeshift his metal to become a chair and sat down. "Curses! things got real out there... any bandage Maya?" Carl decided to ripped his clothes off and turned it into bandage, "Hey check out my muscle.. anyway where's Nick?" Carl truthfully only care about Nick but Carl grew a bit more on Maya, Carl stared at Maya for awhile and looked away.

As the last slivers of the forest began to spread away, the trees revealed Maya and Carl. Maya had turned just in time to see Ashelyn arriving. Why were they not running?

"Maya! Carl! Run!" She had meant to say. Only, she had failed horribly. It came out as more of a strangled whisper. Instead, she waved her hands frantically toward the beach. The squeaking of the creature and the leathery flap of wings amongst the branches as the creature frantically tried to reach its cumbersome prey, nearly made Ashelyn want to cry. She could not use her voice, and she was running on next to nothing of energy. Rather than bring her fellow crest mates in danger, she stopped and made a sudden about face to catch the attention of the creature and have it follow rather than have it see the other two.

Sad thing about this?

She managed to trip at just the wrong time and fell roughly against the ground. Thankfully, the bat-thing missed as it swooped down to claim her, dangerously close with its fearsome talons.

Oh God.

Nick nodded to Kacey and said in exhaustion "I'll be fine thanks". Nick took off the glove and laid it over the wound "Just leave it there for a while until......." Nick had to take a deep breath so he could carry on his sentence ".......it stops burning"

Nick looked at his hand and it looked red raw but compared to his other he knew it was the chemicals doing he had to soak his hand before anything else. Nick held his index finger up to Kacey and in a whisper he asked "In a min". Nick walked out the room and grabbed a banana with his good hand and held it with his teeth then he grabbed a bowl and filled it with cold water and came back into the room.

He sat in a chair next to Kacey and placed the bowl onto his lap and put his bad hand in to stop the chemical reaction which was slowly burning his hand. Nick gave off a long sigh of relief. Nick took the banana out of his mouth and held onto it.

"Well that was fun" Nick said sarcastically. Nick's breathing was getting back to normal and looked over to Kacey "Hey" he said "We better get your crest sorted.....please we need to get this done soon"

Nick did wonder how is other friends were doing Ashelyn, Carl and Maya but they should be fine least they had powers. Nick was getting sleepy but he was fighting it, he had to. Nick knew how much of his power he had used and once he sleeps he knew he wouldn't wake up for a while.

Maya put down Carl with a huff "Not like I could leave you behind." she said starting to turn a little red as he was staring at her a little awkwardly asking where Nick was. "Back at the mansion probably... Kacey's injuries needed to be treated." She said averting her gaze, then she heard the sounds of flapping wings, and running towards the sounds fearing the worst, she saw Ashelyn in danger. Some winged beast that resembled an giant eagle just barely missed her, without another thought Maya ran towards it waving her arms wildly, if she timed her power right, she may be able to disable the creature for now. As the beast swooped towards her, she closed her eyes making the gravity around her grow weaker for a few moments causing the creature to float around aimlessly giving Maya enough time to get out of the way before she made the gravity stronger briefly causing the creature to crash into the ground... Opening her eyes, she realized she was worn out already again; she'd been using her power too much, her entire body was practically aching but she didn't care right now. Turning towards Ashelyn she called out to her "Come on! We need to.,... Get to that beach... Carl's not too far ahead!" she said tiredly gesturing for Ashelyn to follow her, Carl should be sitting in that chair he further up in the forest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Kacey couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow at Nick, as she watched fixated on the banana, staying still until whatever he used on her was done. " what's with the uh banana?" her voice almost filled with humour though nothing was funny.

The mention of her crest made Kacey whince, she sighed heavily "Right.." she mumbled with a chuckle. She had said she rather be alone and what time was better than now, she just hoped he could handle it. "I'm ready when you are" she sighed pushed herself up on her elbows, her face flushing as nerves washed over her this was the last thing she was looking forward too.

"I'm sorry about my spot"

Her voice was low as she spoke, lifting her left hand slowly to the top of her dress, folding the halter down down slightly just barely exposing her chest " it's a little awkward" she babbled feeling the need to fill the growing silence. "sure your up for this?"

With that she stopped hesitating finally grabbing the top of her strapless bra, and shifted down the side slightly only exposing enough skin for contact and soon lifted her arm, lightly tapped the spot below her armpit by her chest.

Maya leaving Carl behind which made him fear that the wolf came, "oh my you're going to leave the prince behind?!" Carl doesn't have the power to stand up left only able to move his hand and legs, "Damn it! if only that wolf doesn't scratch my arm," suddenly Carl heard a rustling voice coming from the bush Carl makeshift his chair into a gun, "I'm ready for ya! you ugly wolf!!" as the wolf came out, it came with 5 by sight, "....okay good wolfie... a F this!" Carl without hesitation pull his metal gun trigger just like an automatic gun, and of course not all of them were hit since it's really hard to aim from down below. With time start to ran out, the wolf slowly approach him, "What the hell! there's still 3 of them! what should I do!!" Carl got an idea and that's to make the bullet which of course made out of metal, merge into the gun. With high velocity, it's just enough to pierce through the wolves' body , "Strike out!" Carl sighed as he was nearly death by wolves, "now who's the man!"

Glasses askew, Ashelyn scrambled to her feet and ran to Maya. Thank God she had saved her. The island would be the death of her, she was sure of it. Nerdy Ashelyn fighting off steroid taking, feral, scary as hell creatures? Who would have imagined?

The batty creature seemed out cold as she swiftly leaped over its unconscious body. As she reached Maya, she could hear the sound of a few gunshots echoing across the island as if it happened right next to her. She briefly hugged her before grasping her hand and pulling her along, toward Carl and the beach. Was Carl now in danger? Exhaustion was clinging to the both of them like white on rice but they had to keep moving. To stay alive was not only important for themselves, but most importantly, for Patricia.

As she tugged Maya along, she immediately caught sight of a wounded, bandaged Carl surrounded by dead wolves. "Now who's the man!" He exclaimed. In his hand, he was waving a gun around. She fixed her glasses and widened her hazel eyes. She might have said something, but she thought the better of it. Her voice was gone. Instead, she grasped the fabric of Maya's shirt with a worried look. The wolves being so close was bad.

Shutting her eyes, she made a brief sound wave scan. Creatures were headed their way, following the sound of disturbance.

With a squeak, she began dragging both Carl and Maya, a terrified look in her eyes, toward the beach. Trying to get them to move faster and understand the urgency.

" what's with the uh banana?"

Nick chuckled and smirked "really? There are so many things I can say to that" Nick used his free hand and teeth to peel the banana and he managed to rip it in half off and eat it. "I need my strength what were you thinking?" Nick smirked as he spoke and offered the rest of the banana to her but placed it down next to Kacey. Nick put his good hand into the water and started just rubbing his bad hand just to get the water around.

"I'm sorry about my spot"

Nick had a feeling this would be an awkward place and did brace himself for when he eventually gave Kacey's power. "Don't worry I've seen my dad do some very awkward places" he tried to reassure her. At this present moment in time Nick could of said something stupid but it was definitely the wrong time for it.

As Nick glanced out the window he noticed it started to get dark, he didn't realise it was getting to that time of day. Nick knew he wouldn't be able to sleep now not until he got back to the mansion.

"sure your up for this?"

"To be blunt no" Nick shrugged his shoulders "but we are not safe here at night and I really shouldn't use any more of my powers" Nick clenched and unclenched his bad hand in the water "My other hand's about ready" he confirmed.

"Right what power do you want Kacey" Nick had to ask before he started plus he was sure she never told him but it was still part of the procedure anyway.

"Also……." Nick took a deep breath and looked down to the ground "I need a favour" he said in a soft tone Nick had to pause not really sure if he should ask but he had to. "After you have your crest…." Nick glanced up to meet Kacey's eyes "please don't let me use any more of powers"

Reactions: xKisses
Maya was glad for the embrace but as Ashelyn tugged her on with her lagging behind just a little because she was still sore, she knew they had to keep moving, she doubted that thing she had downed was the only one... What sounded like liquid-like gunshots came from Carl's position earlier, no doubt it was him using his power, though soon enough it should be wearing him out, really badly too. Hearing his shout, he seemed alright for the time being, but that would change fast, the dead wolved brought an feeling of dread, but it was quickly taken away by Ashelyn gripping the fabric of her shirt out of fear... The feeling was replaced by a mixture of embarassment and determination, she hugged her a little before she looked around, noticing that Ashelyn was closing her eyes, she heard and actually felt sound waves around her, almost like some sort of improvised sonar radar... Some of it bounced back; the rebounding sound came from at least 9 directions which meant more creatures were on the way, and this time she was too tired to do anything right now, she needed to rest. With the last of her strength she started running, grabbing Carl and encouraging him to move with them as Ashelyn let out a squeak of fear and attempted to run forwards too with her making dragging them a little easier... Maya really did hope they'd make it to that beach in time.

"really? There are so many things I can say to that - - I need my strength what were you thinking?"

Kacey laughed, mostly at herself for being so clueless. Her question was serious however, she never really ate bananas, growing hating them she never really saw a point on knowing what they were for other than baking. " Oh.." she murmured feeling silly and slightly embarrassed .

"just thought maybe you were hungry... I dunno.. "
she snickered softly. She really wasn't helping herself on sounding any less stupid, but it was to late now.

Kacey had no clue where he had taken her, but he obviously knew the grounds better than her, and if he was saying it wasn't safe they would need to get out of there and fast , one look at both of them and it was obvious exhaustion would soon be taking affect. Not. to mention Nick was already weak from over exerting himself.

hand's about ready"--Right what power do you want Kacey".

"I'll have the power of mind and mental manipulation " shifting slightly on her shoulders, she looked over at him as he dropped his gaze to the floor he added " Also…- I need a favour"

"course.. what?"

" After you have your crest…."
Nick glanced up to meet Kacey's eyes "please don't let me use any more of powers". Kacey nodded offering him a smile, it was probably best " I won't, this will be the last use of your powers then" she reassured him with a grin, " last thing I want is you passing out again" she didn't want to keep bothering him, he said he was fine but she had her doubts.
She glanced down at the spot she'd chosen briefly, with a quick head shake she sighed deeply "alright lets get this over with then"

• Love
Carl doesn't have enough energy left to stand nor to bring his power out, "hey could you the princess save a knight in distress for once, I can't feel my leg now," as the pack start to come, carl began to take a deep breathe and tell Maya and Ashelyn to go without him, "hey, guys... go I got this... I'll get you guys sometimes to run while I'm going to get you guys some times." Carl know that he'll just be a burden for them.

As Maya finally managed to begin helping Ashely drag Carl, a feeling of relief washed over her. If they hurried now, they would make it. It could not be too long now.

Then, Carl insisted on staying behind.

Fury courses over her, bright and fierce in her eyes as she turned to face Carl. The man was lucky her throat would not allow her to speak, for she had no patience or time nor the will to leave anyone behind. It was not in her nature. Sacrifice himself is what he was planning to do. What kind of coward would be she be if she left someone behind to die just to save her own behind?

Ha!

Shaking her head vigorously, she quickly hooked her arms under his own from behind him, using his bad leg against him by pulling him toward her. Without a second thought, she began to drag Carl with determination, the heel of his feet creating skid marks along the ground. He was not staying behind. She did not get to protect Kacey as much as she wanted, but she would get Maya and Carl out. Of that she was sure.

The creatures of the island were making their way, but they were far enough. Just a few feet ahead was the beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#000000]"just thought maybe you were hungry... I dunno.. "[/BCOLOR]

Nick just smiled and left her to it there was no need to make her feel even more stupid but saying that it could have been something, it's not every day you get superpowers.

last thing I want is you passing out again"

Nick realised he's making a bad habit of this and he wanted to be more careful but this day has turned out even worse than he expected. Nick was determined not to pass out for any reason anytime for the rest of the day.

Nick nodded and took a few deep breaths, he whispered "You'll be fine" Nick knew that, as for himself though he wasn't too sure but reminded himself no passing out. He knew he wouldn't die but that wasn't the point. Nick took his hands out the water and shook the excess water off away from Kacey and dried what he could of with his shirt.

Nick looked carefully at the spot next to Kaceys chest, it was awkward position but it could have been more awkward. Nick clenched his hands and they were feeling back to normal. His bad hand looked red raw though but it should pass over time. Nick warned Kacey "Warning you, hands are cold and slightly damp"

He had to warn Kacey and gave her a moment to brace herself before quickly putting one hand next to her chest. As soon as Nicks hand touched Kacey he felt the heat coming through her body and fully realised how cold his hand actually was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maya was about to object to Carls seemingly rediculous plan, as much as it was a nice move, they wouldn't fare any better than he would against those... Things, but before she managed to utter a single word about it, Ashelyn had already stepped up with a rather determined look dragging Carl along. After standing there mostly gawking for a brief moment, Maya joined in, lifting up Carl's feet to help Ashelyn move him, taking care not to move his bad leg too much, she figured it was the least she could do. Her arms were still a little sore, but to hell with it, it was definitely worse not too long ago. Looking back she could see a few of the creatures they had "detected" earlier starting to become visible just among the edge of the forest. Looking towards the beach, she realized just how close they were to it, and with an extra burst of speed should be able to get them there. With any luck, the beach should provide a safe haven for them, if the creatures weren't able to follow them there of course, but she was unsure about that last part...

" I'm not worried about me" Kacey replied quickly to him reassuring her that she would be fine. He was right she could feel the antidote working, but Nick he was hard to read, she knew this was all for his sister but, he'd over worked himself already . Maybe he was being stubborn, but after this she would make him rest. No more using powers, she'd drag him to bed if she had to.

"Warning you, hands are cold and slightly damp"

Kacey nodded but was more in shock then she excepted when his hand made contact with her flesh, she exhaled sharply " holy shit.." she groaned flinching slightly, his fingers were like pin pricks making the hairs on her arms stand, light goosebumps already trailing down her back. She'd been so hot and clamy before, her body was still so warm that his hand felt like ice.

She closed her eyes momentarily until her skin adjusted to the chill, and lightly grabbed his wrist without warning " not quite" she sighed with embarrassment as she shifted his hand more to the front of her chest and lowered his hand until the edge of his hand was pushing on her bra and then nodded dropping her hand. " alright, you ready?"

• Love
Carl shut his eye until he feel as he was carried, as he opened his eye, he saw Maya and Ashelyn carried him, "what...? well it's better to be saved than be a living hotdogs for the wolf, sorry guys I mean women.." Carl took one step at the time while trying not to hold them back, "Hey... where's Nick anyway, I haven't' seen him yet..." Carl wheezed as he's out of breathe from the last battle, "guys I'm sorry but this is my limit.." Carl fainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.