The Family Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kacey momentarily got lost in her own thoughts, as she mindlessly stared out the window, humming silently to herself as she watched the sun disappear behind a curtain of clouds.

Kacey's eyes darted towards Nick once he spoke to Asheyln unaware of what had happened between him an Maya because she simply had not been paying attention. She turned to see Maya had already left.
Which ment her turn was very soon, suddenly she felt nervous , her cheeks flushed. Seriously what's the big deal? It was only Nick.. she thought.

It's been hours of Carl practicing and he's haven't got any progress. "...I need to rest!..." deep inside he was crawling for rest but he reminded himself that he doing it to prove that he wasn't just a death weight to this group, he want to prove that Nick wasn't wrong to choose him. The metal liquid starting to gain fluidity and Carl's metal manipulation start to taking shape. Carl lock his eye into the metal and imagine of a hand axe, the liquid started to take shape like Carl wanted and this time he was able to mould it perfectly. Carl quickly went to the nearest person and proudly said, "Look! it's an axe!"

She knew the drill, all right.

Ashelyn stood from her seat, walked and stood before Nick with fire in her hazel eyed depths. He did not look ready to handle that at all. He could not hide the weak state he was in when he finally managed to stand.

"Nicholas Flynn. You cannot afford for that to happen again. There are two of us left and if your shaking is any proof, you will end up hurting yourself," she whispered fiercely, hiding her words from others by nearing his ear. The female had never revealed her temper to most people. Only her parents were witness to this small side of her that seemed to rear its head once she suspected people were not taking proper care of themselves. Those she cared for at least.

When she realized she had lost a hold of her temper, she immediately shrunk back, crossing her arms. Cheeks burning, she glared at the floor, embarrassed.

"Sorry, Nick. I didn't mean to speak to you that way. I know you're trying to have us learn and master ourselves, but don't you think you should slow yourself down? Patricia needs her brother in one piece. At least take a breather for a few minutes..." she amended softly. Ashelyn hoped she had not overstepped herself throwing her opinion on his health at him.

"Nicholas Flynn. You cannot afford for that to happen again. There are two of us left and if your shaking is any proof, you will end up hurting yourself,"

Nick knew Ashelyn must be worried about him but he smiled within himself to the name Nicholas Flynn. It brought back memories of being a kid again being told off for whatever reason.

Sorry, Nick. I didn't mean to speak to you that way. I know you're trying to have us learn and master ourselves, but don't you think you should slow yourself down? Patricia needs her brother in one piece. At least take a breather for a few minutes..."

Nick took a deep breath and found a seat to sit on, as he looked around it was really only himself and Ashlyn. Maya went off to find Carl, while Kacey is on the other side of the room.

"Ashlyn" he said trying to keep his voice down. "You don't need to be sorry but it won't matter….. if I waited a few moments…….." Nick found it easier to talk in small sentences "You see………… the main problem….. is that…… my DNA is being constantly ……… overwritten……. It's too much…….. change in one day."

Nick placed his hands into his palm breathing heavily. Nick was determined to get this done today; once again he reached for his hip flask and finished the bottle off. Once he finished drinking the hip flask he tried explained to Ashlyn "This helps ….. It's……" Nick paused he didn't know what the right word was so he settled "a remedy. I didn't think I would… finish the flask off."

Nick's breathing seemed to be going back to normal "Come on Ashlyn, let's get this one done" he asked

Maya was about to knock again thinking Carl didn't hear her the first time when the door opened and he came out exclaming "Look it's an axe!" she jumped a little in surprise but maintained her composure thankfully. "Oh uh... That's nice I guess." She said with a nervous laugh trying to pretend she hadn't been surprised the slightest "Anyways, I was thinking we should practice together since the other option I have about practicing outside wouldn't benefit the wildlife any." Maya said jokingly glancing over at the axe that Carl had made a little curiously as she spoke. It was definitely a fine piece of work for the first time Carl had used his powers, but it probably would become a rather deadly projectile if it was around when she practiced using her own powers. She figured she'd mention that when she was actually able to practice with him together somewhere if not the room he had just stepped out of.

Carl decided to dragged her to the room and asked her to practice with him," Hey let's practice together" Carl wanted to impressed someone as he just managed to done it. "so what's your power?" Carl asked her as he wanted to know other's power. "check this out" he began to show a performance and it's an artistic ones.

She did not think that Nick was making a smart decision, but it seemed he was adamant.

Ashelyn smiled softly and nodded. She tilted her head to the left and moved her red hair to the other side, revealing her neck. "I would like the power of the voice. The power of sound itself." She indicated with her right index to the spot below her ear, near the back of her head. "Right here would be fine."

She wanted this to be over for Nick's sake. Altering his DNA sequence over and over..
That kind of damage had to have a consequence. Once he was done with Kacey, she would ask Fred to help her push Nick to rest.

Nick nodded to Ashelyn, walked behind her and placed one of his hands on top of her head and one to the spot below her ear. Nick took a deep breath while closing his eyes, he believed he can do this. Soon enough blue lights formed from the palm of his hands but these lights seemed brighter than the others.

When the lights faded the ritual was complete and Nick was standing but he was swaying. As he opened his eyes he was about to say something but he accidentally pushed Ashelyn with his voice. as he did so he managed to push himself backwards at extreme speed threw the window Kacey was looking out off.

Nick's reflex was quick and decided to try and form a barrier round him just before he hit the window but as he did so the barrier went round Kacey as well. The barrier looked like a giant beach ball held together by gravity. Really it was the dust in the air swirling around them.

Kacey and Nick bounced through the window and into the deep jungle down to the bottom. Nick didn't realize he picked Kacey up but soon he was getting tired and everything seemed to be getting warm and he couldn't hear anything. He had to stop but couldn't they kept bouncing through the jungle.

Up ahead was a sign saying quicksand, one of many signs Fred has put up through the Jungle. Nick panicked and spreed out his arms and shouted which stopped everything. Nick slid along the floor and being only a couple of meters away from the quicksand.

"My power is simple; I get to break the laws of physics." Maya said after Carl was finished with his performance with a mischevious look on her face as she closed her eyes willing the area around her to be free from any effects of gravity, unfortunately rather than getting rid of gravity, it just made it stronger for a few moments. "I guess my powers need some work... Nice performance though, you've got some talent." She said just to let Carl know that she had acknowledge his performance, she meant it too, it really wasn't half bad to say the least.

It all happened so fast Kacey had no time to react as she felt herself being lifted off the ground, by what seemed like an invisible barrier and was soon thrown out the window. With no time to think , a panic attack began to swell inside her.

A scream caught in the back of her throat as the barrier broke and her body was thrown against the base of tree and landed hard on the sandy floor. She grit her teeth , whincing in pain as she rolled onto her side gasping for air, ignoring the sharp pains that shot through her arms. She slowly rose to her knees once her mind had processed what happened, a wave of worry washed over her as her eyes swept the area for Nick.

He layed motionless a few feet away, "NICK" she tried to scream , instead her voice cracked and nothing came out. She scrambled to her feet, heart racing as she scrurred over to her friend "Nick!" Kacey dropped onto her knees as she leaned over him. She lightly grazed his forehead , pulling her hand down to cup his cheek, her eyes washing over him deepening with worry. "Nick!? Are you okay?.."she screamed and waited for him to respond her heartbeat thrummed against her ribcage, breaths hitched in her throat.
What the hell happened!? was all she could think

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Carl was pumped that he finally got someone to practice, "hey Maya let's have a mock battle!" Carl prepared for his fighting stance. the liquid metal are floating around him preparing him to attack Maya, "ready or not here I come!" He ran towards Maya while creating a hand axe and threw to Maya, "try dodging this!" and with the left of the liquid he create an arrow, Carl do the bow motion and push the arrow over.

One moment Ashelyn was feeling a odd warmth on her skin and the next, she was flying forward with the force of sound. She tumbled along the floor and skid to a stop before she hit a wall.
"Ow..." she ground out, straining to stand.
"Miss Nightengale," came a voice. She turned her head and found Fred standing beside her. His hands were held out in front of her as if he werr afraid she would fall.
"Mr. Fred... I am fine. But..." she faced the broken glass window where Kacey was settled just a few moments before. She was mysteriously missing now along with Nick.
"Nick accidently used my power.We need to help them."
Just as she finished her sentence the butler disappeared far too quickly for her to see. She immediately went after him and followed the sound of... distress.
she shook her head, confused. It was odd, the new ability her ear had attained. Rather than listening for voice like a normal person would, she could hear the waves of... chaos? She did not know how to explain it. When she focused, she could hear Kacey calling for Nick desperately with clarity. It was that Ashelyn had focused on to lead her to their precise location.
"Nick, you don't listen," she said to herself, "Please be okay..." she sped her run.
Ahead, she found Kacey with Nick and Fred nearing their group. He seemed ready to calm Kacey down as Ashelyn started to walk to Kacey's side.

Scrubz just laid there he couldn't hear anything apart from constant ringing. Scrubz decided just to lay there until his hearing goes back to normal but soon enough he felt someone brush his forehead with the warmth of someone's hand around his cheek.

Nick slowly opened his eyes and found out it was Kacey, a small sound came from his lips "Hey up" Nick didn't know how Kacey was there but he was glad she was. Nick struggled to keep his eyes opened and had no choice to close them once again.

When Fred reached Nick and Kacey, he didn't waste any time. "Kacey we must leave it's not safe here, Please pass me Nick and we can get back before any……." Fred's words was stopped by wolfs howling

Maya barely managed to catch the axe which Carl had suddenly tossed toward her, when she saw the arrow formed out of the remaining metal which was still surprisingly enough in liquid form she closed her eyes again wondering if she could have proper control over her powers this time around. Before she could do anything however, she felt herself being flung out the window "What the hell? I don't think this was supposed to happen..." she thought as she flew through the air, eventually she landed in what seemed like the middle of nowhere on the island. There was nothing but trees all around her for the most part, and the sounds coming from within the forest wasn't comforting to say the least "Anyone out there?" she called out as loud as she could, attempting to get up. Her body ached all over though, and there were a few cuts here and there on her arms and her face from going through a glass window all of a sudden, she still wasn't sure what had just happened to her though, was it her who did this? Or was it someone elses doing all together...

Kacey took a minute, to respond as all her focus was on Nick her mind a blur. " Fred..I'm I- ..can't lift him by myself I'm sorry..Wh-" her words were soon cut short, by the sound of wolves again. She grit her teeth, exhaling sharply as tried to contain her compusure. There was definitely no time to panic. Not now..though she couldn't help but to still worry about Nick, who had barely responded as he laid there unconscious.

" Ouick! Come on !" She screamed as crawled to the other side of Nick, gesturing for Fred to help her lift him. She had no time to analyze the situation and being the only one without her power, she was almost useless. She blinked back her tears, as Fred took no time in lifting Nick tossing him over his shoulder , she couldn't help but to reach out one more time to lightly brush his face " shit..please be okay Nick" she muttered under her breath.

She waited for Fred to start moving before staying close behind, not realizing the Ashelyn wasnt far behind.
" Fred what do we do? Can you run with Nick?!"

Carl was bowing the arrow before Maya disappear into thin air, Carl was shocked, "what the... " Carl began to search every corner of the room, "Maya?" Carl began to call her name and looked again , "oh my... what have I done... I need to go to Nick now." Carl went out of the room and search for Nick and tell the whole incident. Carl decided to back down as he's afraid that Nick will be mad at him, He began to walk outside to the beach and sat down to calm him down. Carl became impatience and decided to think while walking around the beach like an Idiot, "what should I do..." Carl keep scratching his head. Carl decided to sing as the wave hits the shore, it's the reminiscence of his childhood, "okay I guess it's time to talk to Nick" Carl began to wait in the main hall for Nick to come.

Ashelyn followed a few steps behind with gritted teeth. Wolves were howling at a closer distance than before. Either that, or Ashleyn's hearing was just that good. She could yet judge distance.
She worried for those who were before her, walking hurriedly to the mansion.

Ashleyn would protect Kacey, who had yet to attain an ability from Nick. Fred would surely be able to protect Nick.

The red head shut her eyes and realized that she could see without seeing. Sound was her sight, her compass and her guardian. It waved back and forth with the various animal and insect noises. She could hear everything.

The reoccurring sound of paws against soil and fauna gave her the direction of her nearing enemies.
Her body shook. It was now it never...

"Run!" Ashelyn shouted, sending a boom before her with the word. It was enough to disturb the leaves and wind but far enough not to harm The others, who would only feel a vibration through her body.

Ashelyn turned to face the oncoming wolves and opened her eyes. The chill that ran through her had everything to do with the fear and adrenaline coursing through her veins.

Not long after, a few golden eyes peaked from furry faces, followed by the careful paws. Menacing grins and hungry eyes were all she could focus on.

"These guys look like they're on steroids..." She squeaked out.

"God, let me survive this..." She whispered to the wind.

Fred nodded "I have super speed I'll be fine but I can't carry both......." Fred was soon interrupted buy Ashelyn "Run". Fred quickly looked over at Ashelyn worried that she was is in trouble but never noticed the other wolf behind him which jumped out from the quicksand. Fred reaction time was a little off and the wolf managed to slightly scratch his leg.

Fred had to get out quick "I'll get help" he shouted "Don't lead them back" with that he shoved a container into Kacey's hand then it looked like Fred and Nick had vanished. Fred knew the woods well and it's creature. They don't like trespassers so Fred had to run around to the other side of the island which didn't take very long not with his super speed but as he got to the house and opened the door his leg seized up and he fell to the floor dropping Nick who slid right in front of Carl.

As Fred looked up and saw Carl was there he urgently spoke "Find girls now" and pointed out to the jungle "We be fine". Fred hoped that Kacey could work the container he had just given her. It was just a button on it after all.

The container was a small cylinder object with one button which turned it on and off and it shined a bright neon multicolored light. It's just bright enough to daze a creature but it can shine through anything.

Fred now had to try and get his scratch sorted out before the poison spreads further.

"A-anyone?" Maya called out growing more and more panicked, she managed to get herself on her feet again with a little trouble; a particularly large bruise on the side of her knee radiated a steady feeling of pain as she continued to walk. She couldn't hear any footsteps, or anything of that matter that sounded even slightly like there was any human around in the forest. "How was I so stupid?!" Maya thought, berating herself as she continued to wander aimlessly clearly lost, it was pretty much certain that her power could have done something like that, Nick had the powers he recieved himself under control, or at least that's what it looked like anyways.

Kacey had to fight the urge to run, the sound off Ashley's voice, surprised her the force sending the wind flying, keeping herself focused she nodded at Fred's words "I'll get help, don't lead them back!"

With that he handed her a strange cylinder, and in the blink of an eye he was gone "but Fred.. Wha-" her words were cut short, stopping herself once her disappeared, confused but having no choice, she pulled her focus to the thing in her hand, studying it carefully. She pushed the only button there was and in an instant, it made a soft zapping sound, a bright blue glowing light shoot out in front of her beaming intensely. Her eyes widened in surprise, blinking as she stared at it "what the.."

" Ashlyn I can try and daze them! " Kacey screamed, her voice hoarse and she turned her back to ashelyn covering the other side, throwing her arm out, thrusting the beam in front of her lunging to keep them back.

Her eyes lock onto to their snout,as their lips snarl back exposing the kanines drool dripping, literally foaming from there mouths.
"shit.."

She swallowed hard tightening her grip on the handle so tight her knuckles went white, her feet planted into the ground as she attempted to stand her ground.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.