The Family Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know.. it's weird that a man touches another man... sorry wasn't time to joke then," Carl stepped foward as he desired the tattoo to be placed at his right palm. After Carl gain the power of the tattoo, he can't wait what power he got, he quickly went to a special room, a room filled with a variety types of metal. "What's this for Fred?" Carl touched the metal and it started to react, it turns into a subtance such as mercury sloating in air. "Oka..y interesting." Carl started to change the shape of what it is originally (cylinder) became a metal rod. "Awesome.... oh and thanks Fred... I'll take it from here on my own." Carl decided to practice a lot more with the metal.

Ashelyn slowly stood from her seat and immediately made her way over to stand behind Maya.
She had the right idea wanting to do this quickly, although her own reason was just to be able to experience her ability and excel at it as soon as possible.
She wondered where the other females would get their crest placement, but mostly wondered about the ability she had in mind. Her own skill with a voice gave her the idea, and she smiled a bit at the thought of actually having something to be good at.

• Love
Reactions: xKisses
Carl quickly stepped forward to get his tattoo done before the girls did. Nick had to be careful and concentrate on what he had to do. He was kind of glad it was Carl first because if he messed up it was only Carl.

Nick has never tried this himself before but has seen his dad do it many times over, while his dad explained it many times over.

Nick smiled on the remembrance of his dad and grew confident, he placed one hand on the top of his head while the other covered Carls right palm. They stood there hand in hand for a while, blue lights formed in between them. Nick’s closed his eyes and it seemed he stopped breathing for a second.

Soon the lights faded and Carl quickly left with Fred. Nick took in a few deep breaths and looked at the girls within a few gasps of air with a faint smile “Give me sec ladies” he asked. He didn’t sound convincing but Nick carried on and reached for his coffee. As he reached for his coffee the metal table leg underneath snapped off and swung into Nicks hand and pushed him backwards into the wall.

Nick slid down the wall to sit on the floor rubbing his head, he hoped the girls got out the way but wasn’t too sure, it happened to fast and he was still trying to get his breath back. Nick should off asked what power he had in mind, he could of avoided this.

Nick’s eyes stayed staring onto the floor trying just to breath. He knew it be fine in a few minutes but still he had to do this 3 more times. Only thing which was going through his mind was *for my sister, for my sister*

Reactions: xKisses
"What th-" Maya managed to say, pulling Ashelyn gently but firmly out of the way when she saw the table leg snap off the coffee table and fling itself toward them. If it hadn't landed in Nick's hand, at least one of them would have come out with some form of injury, but Maya didn't regret moving Ashelyn out of the way since not too long after, Nick was sent flying into the wall where they had stood only moments before. "Is that how you normally reach for your coffee?" Maya attempted to joke feeling the situation needed to be lightened a little, she looked over towards Carl and then to Ashelyn wondering how they fared during this little... Mishap. "I sure hope that's now how it'll go for all of us too..." She thought looking at the surprisingly still standing coffee table which had recently lost one of it's legs, however she knew it probably wouldn't be if someone so much as put a hand on it. Maya smiled a little mischievously as she realized it probably wouldn't be too hard to "accidentally" topple it, but she didn't act upon that little thought; this probably wasn't the time for something like that.

The sound of the leg snapping caused Kacey to drop her glass , she gasped reacting quickly and pushed back in her chair stubbling to her feet. She cupped her stomach eyes wandering from Nick to everyone else releived by their quick reflexes.

"You OK?" her gaze drifted towards Nick

She took a few steps kneeling beside the broken glass , and picked up the peices being careful not to slice her fingers,while muttering to herself a disproved frown flashed across her face. She was embarrassed by the fact she had already managed to break something, she sighed frustrated as she gathered the last few pieces.

Carl was really practicing when he meant it, he was trying different things with the metal. So far, he has created shield and a rod but he haven't mastered them entirely. Carl only managed to keep the shape only up to 30 seconds. "Why won't you hear me metal!" Carl was irritated that he only can mold into something new for 30 seconds and back to it's original shape. The only reason that Carl wasn't concentrate hard enough he wasn't paying much attention on the metal rather focusing on other things which made the object can't hold long.

He decided to rest for awhile, he sat on a chair and drink a cup of coffee. "now that's how you relax your mind from stress."

Ashelyn could only stare, dumbfounded by the whole situation. If it had not been for Maya, she might have ended up hurt because of her slow reaction time.
In her defense, it was not every day that you see a table leg yank itself out of place into someone's hand.
Once all was done, she snapped into focus.
"Thanks, Maya..." She whispered before scurrying over to their common friend. She crouched down and patted Nick on the back lightly, trying not to accidentally hurt him in some way. "Nick, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Her hazel eyes were full of worry. She wondered if he was dazed the way he seemed to sit there watching the floor.

After a while Nick started giggling "I'm fine thanks ladies" he reassured them. Nick went into his pocket and pulled a hip flask out and took a swig out of it then he put it away again. Nick managed to get his breath back and looking down in his hands was the table leg. "No Maya" Nick said with a slight chuckle looking up to her "that's metal manipulation, I just needed a drink and accidentally used Carls power which looks like metal manipulation"

Nick let go of the table leg, looked at the table and noticed his coffee was all over the floor with his mug broken. Nick took a deep breath and stood back up "Right ladies so I don't have more surprises like that, what powers are you three having". Nick was still glancing at his mud since it was his favorite mug but he had to deal with it.

He looked over to Maya "Maya your next then, so what we having having then?"

"Physics manipulation... In other words, it allows me to literally break the laws of physics, but only in a certain radius around me." Maya explains, it was a rather complex power she had in mind but one that she figured she could do with. There were many things possible with her ability, but she hoped she'd be able to utilize it properly, the consequences of failure were far too great to allow it after her training. She looked at Nick wondering how he'd react to a power like this; it certainly didn't seem like something easy to master, but with some luck, both of them would master them just fine with a little practice. "You think you can handle something like that?" She adds on after a moment of silence cocking her head curiously at Nick wondering just how capable of these powers they gained he really would be if he knew what they were...

Last edited:
"If that's what you really want I haven't got much of a choice, I'm sure I'll work something out" Nick said more trying to convince himself than Maya. Nick then asks "So how are we doing this, Maya". Nick had to really concentrate and not to think of metal but soon now the laws of gravity while doing this ritual. Nick believed he could do this.

"Oh uh, a little below my stomach to my left... Careful not to go too low." Maya said with a nervous laugh, she was definitely not the most comfortable with this, but she had readied herself as much as she could for what was about to happen. She closed her eyes so she wouldn't start to think of all the things that would go wrong in "anticipation" of the tattooing process and waited for Nick to begin.

Nick smiled "Don't worry Maya" Nick said trying to ensure her. Nick placed his hand on top of Mayas head while the other hand went under her top and placed it on the left side just above the rim of her Jeans. Nick wasn't to sure if this was low enough for her and if he had to go lower he will have to. He had to make sure before he start the process. "Is that ok Maya?" Nick was getting a little uncomfortable himself, if anyone did barge in it would look like Nick is being a little pervert.

Nick's hand felt rather warm as it touched her skin, it had almost reached the spot Maya had wanted, but she slowly realized it wasn't quite right "J-Just a little lower..." she said her face flushing redder realizing what needed to be done. Looking over at Nick, she realized it wasn't just her that was nervous about this entire procedure as he too looked rather nervous. This definitely wasn't something she was gonna do again any time soon, it was a rather uncomfortable one to say the least. Her eyes stayed shut as she waited for the inevitable trying to think of the powers she was soon to gain after this awkward procedure was finally over.

Nick figured as much and just nodded, he moved his hand a little lower under her jeans. It wasn't much more but soon his hand placed an area which felt right to him. He tried not to think how this would look, he had to start the ritual. Nick took a deep breath and started.

He concentrated on Maya's power, he soon closed his eyes and the blue lights appeared as it did for Carl. It formed between them, the brightest lights were where Nick's palms were. It looked like Nick Stopped breathing again but he was still standing while his eyes was still closed. It wasn't to long when the lights faded.

Nick had done it and went to his knees quickly breathing heavily. He knew he had successfully gave the power he could feel it, Nick reached into his pocket and got his flask out again and took a sip from it. He noticed everything went silent or was it his own hearing he wasn't to sure. This was his 2nd ritual today and it can affect Nick badly. His dad said never do more than one a day. Nick had no choice.

He just stared at the floor for a while, while he concentrated on breathing again. His mind raced thinking *Did he take his hand out of her jeans before he fell to his knees*. Nick wanted to make sure but he was trying to breath and couldn't look, he just hoped he did.

Maya felt the rather warm sensation of the tattoo as it was embedded into her skin and soon enough it faded. Just a moment after she felt his hand slip further into her jeans which she quickly grabbed and yanked away from her as she opened her eyes again her face flushing a rather deep shade of red. Noticing that Nick looked quite dazed and rather worn out she realized he didn't do that on purpose and sighed a little. "You think you can still handle tattooing everyone else?" She asked trying her best not to think about what had just happened wondering if Nick himself had noticed it too...

After she gathered the last peices, Kacey slowly rose to her feet , her gaze still sweeping over towards Nick, until he stood giggling to himself as he reassured them that he was alright. She relaxed the corner of lips tugged into a fiant smile as he watched him take a swig.

"Good thing your fast"

Kacey had forgotten she was holding the broken glasses until Fred tapped her on her shoulders his voice full of concern "Oh Miss Kacey, that was not necessary!" he quickly cupped her hands sweeping the broken glass into his." I'm sorry Fred, I just didn't want to leave a mess" she offered him a warm smile , before he quickly turned to discard the peices.

It was soon Mayas turn to get her powers and Kacey figured it would be a little awkward to stand there watching .Carl had already been distracted off practicing with metal so, she slipped to the back of the room, allowing Maya and Nick to talk,not that the room provided much privacy and simply peered out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl drink a sip of tea before coming back for more practice. "For Nick, Carl, For Nick," He mumbled himself as he was the lazy one at school and quite the opposite of Nick but this is the only time he could repay Nick for what he has given to him. "If Nick trust for this one than I must to show him that I'm not the old Carl!" the metal start to take an abnormal shape creating a giant sword with a weird design for awhile and back to it's liquid state again. "What was that?" Carl was shocked that the sword appeared out of nowhere, "that must be an error on my skills, I'll continue to practice again." Carl practice for some more.

Once Nick made it clear he was fine, Ashleyn hesitantly stepped back and made herself attach to the nearby wall. She wondered if it was a smart thing for him to gain these new abilities in one night when it clearly decided to take control in odd ways. The thought made her a bit nervous, but the way he seemed sure of his decision to continue on with Maya made her dismiss the thought.

She tended to worried unnecessarily.

When she realized they were going to commence in a way that seemed private though they kept to the same room, she quickly averted her eyes and scurried over to the chair she had previously settled upon. It was then that she spotted Kacey doing something near similar. She grabbed her cup of water and took a healthy gulp to hydrate her thirst.

When she heard a thump she flinched and caught Nick kneeling awkwardly before Maya... The sight made her turn as red as a chili pepper. She quickly covered her eyes with a sigh. She could only imagine how Maya was feeling.

Thank God I don't need this crest anywhere weird.

It took a little longer for Nick to get his breath back but he was feeling ok..ish. He knew his body and could feel he can do another tattoo, really he had no choice but he thought he'd be fine. As he spoke it was a big breath after each word "I'll....... be........fine.......thanks......Maya........" Nick was still looking down to the floor with his flask in his hand.

*Get up Nick, Get up Nick* he repeated to himself. Nick got up a little shaky but was on his feet, he took another drink from the flask and stretched out. "Right" he said looking over to Maya. It seemed Nick got his breath back "if you want to practice, you might feel..." Nick paused and rubbed his head but soon continued "Better outside, or you can find Carl and practice together"

"Ashleyn..." Nick spoke with a smile "Guessing you know the drill". Nick was just trying to conserve his energy with less talking now. He didn't want to keep repeating himself unless he had to.

Maya nods, she figured practicing outside might not be such a good idea, but practicing with Carl on the other hand might prove to be either usefull or incredibly annoying. "I guess it's better than messing around with the wildlife outside." She thought imagining with a slight smile how mad Fred would probably be after all the strange critters he'd painstakenly warded off with that spray came tumbling onto the path from the sky. Then her face regained a more serious look as she began to walk throughout the mansion in the general direction she had seen Carl wondering where exactly he was. A loud metallic grinding sound followed by more and more caught her attention and she began walking towards it figuring it was Carl practicing. Upon arriving at a room where the noises were emenating from, barely even muffled by the door she stopped. She turned towards the door and reached out a hand knocking on it as hard as she could hoping Carl would hear it through all the noise he was making from utilizing his powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.