The Family Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl saw a lot of people sitting at the room all of them seems to have relation with Nick. Carl sits down and Fred offer him a champagne but Carl refused, it was due to the fact he hates champagne. Carl became quiet as he can't think of any topic when it comes to stranger. Carl wanted to tell about the ancient painting but Fred was looking at him with a killer glare. "... gee.. I'm bored let's finish this and get into some kicking ass action..." "Wait does the ancient painting has to do with something? Nick I smell something fishy."

After trudging through dense foliage for nearly half an hour, the young female finally found her way to the mansion. It probably would have been easier if she had owned a cellphone to email Nick, but unfortunately, she was still awaiting a replacement.
Her salvation could be seen just a few feet away, at the very tip-top of the island's highest point. Normally, like those years ago, she would have taken an easier way. She would not have had to struggle and use muscles she hadn't exercised in ages. The warm lights were inviting.
She took an assessment of herself and realized she was far from presentable. Twigs, dirt and leaves had managed to find their way into her hair, glasses and belongings. Sighing, she collapsed to her knees and took a breather. Is she really needed? Nerdy, red-headed Ashelyn?
Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to her feet and continued to the entrance of the mansion. She knocked with few second pauses in between and leaned against the wall, shutting her eyes in exhaustion. Hopefully, Nick would not mind her unkempt appearance..

Nick sat up straight in his chair with his hands on the table as he answered Maya “We will get to that soon Maya, we have to be patient, if I rushed this it can end up bad”. “It’s just a painting Carl, please sit down” he asked. Nick knew he could trust Carl but he can be annoying at times. Nick then turned to Kacey “To be honest Kacey, I was expecting more of us, but still with the four of us we will be all right” Nick took in a big sigh “Anyway thank you for coming…..” Suddenly a knock on the door interrupted him.

Nick slouched down “Fred please” he asked. Fred stopped glaring at Carl and nodded to Nick, in a flash step he opened the door and saw Ashelyn “Why miss Nightengale, look at you. Come in, come in”. Fred let Ashelyn in , he smiled and shook his head “You should of contacted us, I would of come and got you, I’m guessing you came in the back way?” After a brief conversation Fred led Ashlyn into the Dining room where everyone was and Fred left to go get her a beverage.

“Ashelyn” Nick smiled and stood up “Glad you can make it” Nick wouldn’t say anything to the mess she was in. He knew she got the mansion by herself and more than likely the hard route. With another deep breath “Right” as he scanned all the faces who has arrived “Thank you all for coming, I would all of you to meet each other, we all will be working side by side”.

Nick walked next to each person, he went from nearest to furthest as he walked to Maya first and stood next to her and his arm flung on the furthest shoulder “Everyone this is Maya”. Next he went up to Kacey and did the same “Everyone this is Kacey”.

He looked at Carl walked over and friendly punched his upper arm “That’s Carl”. Lastly he walked over to Ashelyn and placed his arm over her as well “Last but not least Ashelyn, shall we all grab a seat and get started then”.

Nick started to walk towards his seat and waited patiently for them. He leaned back and thought *that’s five of us now, this should run smoothly*

Maya gave a little wave at the others when she was introduced by Nick, and listened as he introduced the rest of them too, though one name in particular caught her attention... "Ashelyn?" She thought as she walked towards her own seat and walked down, she glanced at Ashelyn curiously.... Was she the classmate that she'd been exchanging knowledge with back in university? She certainly looked like it, still looking almost the same as she had been when they had first met back then. Maya smiled a little at the fond memories that brought back, even if their physics teacher had been a jerk, she'd at least helped make her days there more bearable. Though she remembered she'd always been quite jealous of Ashelyn as she wasn't being constantly hit on by other guys there, even though she was quite attractive despite being a little "nerdy" as alot of her classmates called her (she herself didn't think so).

Kacey had never seen these people before , she looked around the room after Ashelyn had arrived , studying each person for a brief moment. Her eyes carefully wandering from each person as they're introduced " Maya , Carl, Ashelyn" she repeated a few times in her head until memorized.

Kacey nodded and smiled , when she was introduced, once Nick was finished Kacey sat down. She sat back , and nervously chewed on her bottom lip in deep thought as she patiently waited .

When Nick introduced all of them, Carl ignored every single name that Nick said excluding Ashelyn, just as Nick told Ashelyn was the girl that just came. Carl directly went to Ashelyn and pretend to be a gentleman, "Hello Miss Ashelyn, My name is Carl Harbringer, the current leader of the Harbringer Inc. . I how we make a good acquintance." Carl gently held her right hand and slightly kiss with his soft lips.

Once the doors opened, Ashleyn could only smile sheepishly. "Why miss Nightengale, look at you. Come in, come in!" As she was ushered into the abode, she was careful not to inch to close to anything. She seemed to curl into herself. "You should of contacted us, I would of come and got you, I’m guessing you came in the back way?" She nodded an affirmative.
"I am sorry, Mr. Fred. All I could do was tell Nick I was on my way but I didn't want to be of trouble. I found the email late." She shrugged while glancing down at her clothes.
"It's alright, Miss Nightengale. Just go on into the Dining Room and I will be back shortly with refreshments."
When placed at the entrance of the Dining Room, Ashelyn nearly froze at the unfamiliar faces watching her.
“Ashelyn," said a voice. Her eyes quickly turned at the sound of the speaker. He smiled and stood from his seat. “Glad you can make it." The nervousness melted as if it had never existed and she returned the smile before seating herself. Nick graciously ignored the mess she was in. She could do this.
As he introduced the team, she glanced around at the faces that were, in turn, glancing at one another. At the mention of Maya's name she blinked, surprised. The female looked at her as well once she herself was introduced. How odd. She smiled shyly before hearing yet another voice interrupt her thoughts.
"Hello Miss Ashelyn." Hazel eyes framed by rectangular black frames snapped over to the speaking fellow's voice. As he took hold of her hand and kissed it after a brief introduction, she gritted her teeth as her cheeks flamed.
"Nice... to meet you." She pressed her frames to her face nervously with her free hand and lowered her gaze, looking anywhere else but at the group. Attention was not something she enjoyed very much.
Her eyes narrowed as she wondered... Why me? Honestly, it was suspicious how she was the only one he had bothered to introduce himself fully to. She was not the type to garner that kind of attention. Ashelyn would not let him get to her.

Nick leaned back on his chair and just smiled at Carl with a quick shake of his head *Trust Carl* he thought. He gave them a second more for Carl to look like a prat, well to Nick he thought he was. Soon enough he stood up from his chair and started speaking loudly and clear
"OK people we are leaving first thing in the morning and we have to squeeze our training in today" Hopefully that will get Carl's attention instead of chatting up the girls.

"The Family Crest works like this" Nick paused to make sure everyone is paying attention, when he was sure everyone was he continued

"The eldest blood relative to the family always becomes leader because his power will be forfeited to grant everyone else their powers. My tattoo was on my back but when I came leader of this family it moved to the palm of my hands. If you were blood related, you can not choose your power, it is given by random at birth. Since all of you are not related to me by blood I can grant you powers as long as I live.". Nick paused for a bit and took a drink from his coffee. He knew there was a lot of information but he tried to keep it short and sweet.

Nick took a deep breath and continued once again "For me to give you these powers my left hand will be placed on the top of your head while my right will be of your choosing. The right hand will place the families crest tattooed on your body." Nick's eyes darted between each person, his father once told him there has been awkward situations with this method but it's the only way it would work. Nick will have to deal with it.

"This tattoo has to be a place where you personally feel you want it to be, we all can't be shy. It's the best way for you all to be the strongest you can be, if you don't tell me where you'd prefer and choose a 2nd best place because of either shyness or pride. your powers will not be as strong as it could be"

"That's just about it". He sat back down for the moment with his hands on the table "Any questions before we start?"

Maya watched Carl walk up and kiss Ashelyn's hand, offering an quite elaborate introduction that hadn't been done with anyone else in the room so far... It was a rare occurrence for something like that to happen with Ashelyn at all, she didn't remember anything like it happening before honestly, but she smiled a little wondering how the two would "mingle" in the long run. Her attention was occupied soon enough by Nick beginning to talk, and she listened intently looking more and more nervous about the "tattooing" process. When Nick asked if anyone had any questions, she quickly stood up first "I do... Does your other hand have to be placed directly on the skin to make the tattoo?" she asks starting to shake a little, but she forced herself to stay still again, she felt her tattoo would be best placed on her left below her belly, it was in the area just above her thigh but a little further in... She blushed thinking about how awkward the process was gonna be even without skin contact, but either way, she knew she'd have to brave it... Somehow...

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Kacey chuckled to herself, amused by the fact that not moments before Ashelyns arrival Carl seemed the least bit interested in anything that was going on. His sudden gentleman like persona , as sweet as the gesture may have been seemed rather over the top.Kacey found herself rolling her eyes annoyed by his behavior since he showed up.

Instead she just pulled her attention elsewhere, shifting in her seat , until taking interest in her glass. She was getting restless and becoming uncomfortable with nothing to do and twirled her fingers around the handle of her glass bored,her thoughts drifting else where until Nicks voice spoke loud and clear

"Finally" she thought smiling , as she listened to Nick explain his family crest.Happy at the fact , that she ,maybe unlike the others , had no problem with her choice of placement. She had no questions at all , none she could think of at least. Again she found herself pulled from her thoughts by the sound of Mayas voice. She was actually very interested in the answer. Her eyes studying Nick thinking about how awkward it might be for some.

Nick finally talk about the crest which caught Carl's attention a lot, Carl soon sat back to his chair and all of his cheerful persona were vanished, his face became serious that no one have ever seen as if were split personalities in Carl. The reason why Carl became serious is that he doesn't want to screw Nick's plan as he used to.

"So the tattoo grant us power..." Carl seriously watching Nick but as soon as Nick "this tattoo has to be a place where you personally feel you want it to be, we all can't be shy." Carl start to laugh with himself, "anywhere Nick? even if it's personal?"

Relieved to have the attention away from her, Ashelyn looked to Nick as he began to speak. As he spoke of the crest, her nerves began to fray once more. She looked to the rest of the group, who's faces seemed to be a mixture of amusement, indifference and worry. Her hands grasped her thighs as she tried to get herself used to the idea. Tried to keep herself calm.
She trusts Nick. Even if she was not close to him, she knew she could trust him.

If we're here to help, I suppose we must be willing to make a few sacrifices, she thought silently.
Slowly, she relaxed. It was no use being a nervous wreck. The red-head decided to lean almost comfortably against the back of her seat.
After the questions asked by the others, she looked to Nick. "And how exactly do we know what is best?" she asked in a low uncertain voice, hoping he'd heard.

Nick knew someone would ask questions about the tattoo ritual. As Nick viewed each person asking questions, he got slightly thrown off by Carl’s question. Nick breathed out heavily and answered Carls question first “Well Carl…… if you really want it there. I have no problems to do so but if you want it there for sh.ts and giggles then your powers will be temperamental.” Nick could trust Carl to throw something in but he had to get things moving if he had any chance of saving his sister.

He then looked over at Ashelyn “Well that will lead me to your question, Ashelyn. I should have explained what best was to be honest, so I will define it for all of you. You all probably know what power you all want, so the crest will need to be close to the source of it, for example if you wanted super speed like Fred has the best will be on the sole of one of his feet. Also you need to think where the crest would suit you best, so we will go back to Fred once again. He didn’t like the idea of it on his sole of his feet so the closest place he wanted it was the back of his calf which just touches his ankle”

Finally he turned to Maya “And yes Maya it has to be skin to skin as one of my hands will rewrite your brain for you to have your new power while the other will place the tattoo”. Nick stopped to view everyone and realised he forgot to mention a minor detail.

“Also people just a little warning, when using a power you will get a warm sensation over and around your tattoo, that is normal, so don’t overdo your power because it will heat up. I’ve only heard stories of what happened and it can affect all of us with different symptoms.”

Maya nods, she knew full well what to expect with the tattooing process now, she closed her eyes momentarily letting the situation sink in, attempting to calm herself. After a moment her eyes opened again and the nervousness was gone "Well, I'm as ready as I can be for the process, hopefully I won't nee to use my power enough for my own tattoo to "overheat"..." she said with a nervous laugh. The red glow was still fairly noticeable on her cheeks but thankfully the shaking in her voice was gone. She looked around at the others wondering what they own reactions to all the news will be, she gave Ashelyn a reassuring look when her gaze landed on her realizing she had looked a little nervous when Carl had just suddenly approached her. Perhaps if anything were to develop between those two, it may take more time than she had thought at first... Her attention then became focused on everyone else in the room once more; she was still curious what their reactions would be in response to the news Nick had given them.

Kacey had to hold herself from chuckling out loud , Caleb's obvious attempts to push Nicks buttons were clearly getting to him. She couldn't help but to feel slighty bad for Nick, and hoped Carl was only joking. "How odd would it be if he wasnt though?" she thought,though she felt like this wasnt the time for jokes .
She drew her attention else where , as Nick explained the rest of his family crest , as he finished Kacey's face flamed as she thought about where she would be getting her tattoo.
Wishing that she had woren more appropriate attire underneath her dress.

Kacey chewed on her bottom lip nervously before clearing her throat " do we all have to be together while it's done? Or will you be doing us individually?" Kacey murmured her voice low but clear.

Carl only to make a lighter mmood for everyone since everyone was so tense. "Okay okay... I get, I don't want my private thing to have drawings of your family tattoo, I'll was joking." Carl went back and sat down, listen to the rest of Nick's explaination, he was thinking where should he put the tattoo at, he thought of putting the tattoo either at his left arm or his right palm.

"Nick another question... does it hurt? I'm not trying to crack some jokes, just asking but will not change my decision on helping you Nick.." he was afraid to make Nick roared again.

The woman exhaled a sigh of relief. She was not sure of everyone else, but the ability she had in mind did not require any place difficult.
She returned the smiled Maya had given her.
"Nick another question... does it hurt? I'm not trying to crack some jokes, just asking but will not change my decision on helping you Nick.."
Silently, Ashelyn giggled to herself. Nick seemed to be a bit intimidating for the guy.
She took the glass of water she had requested from Fred from the table, took a sip and glanced around her surroundings. Although she might seem distracted and inattentive, she was indeed listening to what was being said.
She did not have any particular questions for the moment. Simply wished to be of assistance. She could tell Nick was getting a bit antsy, was trying to patient with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick glared over at Carl "I know you are joking Carl, but people here might not and also no it doesn't hurt, it will feel a little weird". Nick had to clarify for Carl he knows he can be a joker but he has only today to get them ready.

He took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead, he really should of got some sleep before this but it's not the time for that. "Kacey" he said with a brighter tone "It will be entirely up to you, if you feel more comfortable just us two, then we can, if you like another female with us, you can"

Nick looked over at Maya and nodded to her response with a smile, then looked at Ashelyn and it seemed she was ready to go.

Nick thought that most of it was covered so he decided to press on, he would answer any more questions as he goes. "OK then people if your happy to get marked now please step forward. Anyone else I will take to a different room. Once your all marked I would like you all to practice your power, Fred will help you in the matter if required. it can be a little over powered or little powered till you get used to it"

Fred walked over to Nick to put his hand on Nick's shoulder. Nick just nodded to him with a half warm smile, Fred just nodded in reply and walked over to lean against the wall.

Maya smiled a little realizing not everyone was nervous about the procedure, in fact; Carl was actually taking a rather comedic approach to it. She smiled a little at his comments on the situation before Nick spoke again. After he finished talking, Maya stepped forward quickly figuring it would be better to just get it over with, it would most definitely be humiliating and a little awkward. Weighing her options though, this would be the best way to do it before she dwells too much on it, that just wouldn't do at all. "Let's get this over with." Maya said attempting to hide the more noticeable blush that was still clearly on her face, the shaking in her voice was starting to return too, but she managed to keep it from showing this time.

Kacey sighed releived and stayed still in her seat , as she watched curiously waiting to see who would step forward. She nodded in response to Nick and waited for him to finish explaing " uh it'll just be me and you then" her eyes shifted nervously to her glass.

She was glad that Nick was willing to do it privately , Kacey wasn't one for attention and not only was her undergarments slightly inappropriate she was extremely shy around strangers . Shed known Nick longer and felt more comfortable just getting it done , with just his presence. Kacey took the last swig of her drink and clinked the glass against the table, it didn't matter if it would hurt , she was more excited to have power to use to her ability . Kacey smiled impressed as she watched Maya to be the first to step forward .

Status
Not open for further replies.