The Fading Light (Open Sign Ups!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dramma

Original poster
The Fading Light

The world is slowly crumbling, a large city was recently taken over by a disease. Most call it the fading, as it takes over someones mind they become distant and lose themselves. As their skin grays and eyes redden they lose memory of who their family and friends are before becoming completely violent. Once the fading overcomes them completely they look normal, their skin goes back to normal. Everything goes back except for their eyes which are completely bloodshot. The simple sight of someone makes them go crazed and attack. They somehow know who is also taken by the fading, not attacking their own. Although they don't do much other than walk around looking to attack and kill.

The government immediately quarantined off the city, Coral Port. The only part that you are able to get away from the fading is the port, but they have waiting U.S. Navy ships to blow up any boats that leave from the port. No one is safe anymore in Coral, and people are dying rapidly. In midst of the destruction a small town was deserted for the quarantine, when the government realized they weren't sick they moved them to a smaller quarantine outside of Coral Port. The small town thirty miles out from Coral is where the local government set up their safety town. The mayor called any person who wasn't been effected by the the virus to the town. Now called Hope Town, people flocked there by the ton, and he gave them sanctuary. Until there were too many people and not enough supplies, looking out for himself. The mayor started to kill people off slowly and keep only his loyalists who helped him in his task. Stealing the supplies of all the refugees, the government outside turns a blind eye because they don't want to even near the quarantine. One person escaped, and they ran and told as many people as they could. Harriet told everyone what had happened, men, women, children, babies, no one was spared. Soon enough they were tracked her down and Harriet disappeared in the middle of the night. People didn't want to believe it and still flocked to Hope Town, still dying and and giving away all their supplies.

You are apart of the few that believed Harriet, unbeknownst to you the Mayor is tracking down people who haven't came to Hope Town. Where are you? Who are you? and how are you going to survive the fading and the Mayor?

So this is my idea for a roleplay, not only do we have to survive people who seem to not feel pain and want to kill you on sight. You also have the old mayor going after you and any survivors around. I have a larger plot for it and would love to see this story take root, so if you'd like to join just read some more below and make a CS :)

Rules
1. All Iwaku rules apply, obviously.
2. I want three paragraphs in response, a little less is okay a little more is nice.
3. I would want a post every week as I am asking a large amount of writing but faster would be great.
4. There aren't going to be anyone who has the most amazing aim with a gun, or trained with a bow their whole life. You were city kids, unless you grew up away from the city and happened to get stuck in it when the quarantine happened.
5. There will be death if you're not careful, plan out your steps you take carefully. If you walk through an alley, there is a big chance you'll accidentally kick an empty soda can attracting the fading's attention to you, if you carefully walk through the alley and watch your steps. It won't happen, just pay attention to detail.
6. If you want to be part of the Mayor's team that'd be awesome but if you go to kill a survivor you have to discuss it with them and me in PM's so I know why you killed someone.
7. I'd like to have 5 people, if we need more to progress the story we can always add more people but we can also add more characters. I want strong Rp'rs who are serious about this and want to be in for the long run. People who aren't afraid to progress the story and will take control and start a fight scene.
8. Real people only for pictures please.
9. You can only carry enough on you that would fit in a regular school book bag, so plan out your supplies carefully, and yes guns have ammo. Also weight is a big factor, I don't suggest a book bag filled with bricks.

Character Sheets

Name -
Age -
Personality -
Bio -
Expertise -
Starting Weapons -
Starting Supplies -
Outfit - (optional)
Main Goal - (are you trying to leave coral port take down the mayor etc)
Family - (include ones taken by the faded or maybe taken by the mayor could add some more for plot later on)
Traits -
Weaknesses -
Strengths -
Other -

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.