The Facebook Thread

F

Flaremon

Original poster
Let's face it (haha, KILL MYSELF), we all come face to face with Facebook all the time, regardless of whether we ourselves use it or not.

Whether you like this social networking system - or not - talk about it here.

Personally, I used to use Facebook on and off throughout my College years, only because my classmates use it (almost the entire class, if not school). I did the same when my Secondary School uses Friendster, so it's really a influence thing. You see other people using it, you automatically want to be a sheep.

Nowadays, what with catching up with Iwaku and all (and my own personal life), I barely have time to get involved with real life friends. A lot of them aren't any closer to me than online Iwaku friends anyway, so, there isn't much to catch up with them.

As for annoyances, ho boy, could we stop with the Application posts? I don't want to see how much silver coins you won be breeding your fishies into masculine terror sharks, or whatever it is you do in Facebook games. I used to play Mafia Wars - a lot - but it's again, due to influence, and the influence died, albeit after a long period of time.

But, I do think Facebook's useful to catch up with important groups I want to follow (comedy groups, YouTube vloggers, etc.). Nevertheless, I could always just go to my YouTube homepage and check out the 'Subscriptions' module, so the only good point of this overrated crap is gone, too.

Ultimately, I guess Facebook's something you use to socialize with people...? I only just use forums and Messengers to do that, thank you. Of course, I do need to get out some time soon... it's getting drafty in here.

Facebook is a pestilence, a societal cancer that needs to be excised.

FARMVILLE...DIE.....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

-has nothing intelligent to add-

I agree 100% with Raz.

I guess it was a mistake to put 'compliments' as part of the description.

I have Facebook. But seriously? Mafia Wars? Farmville? Give -me- a break o_o

I HAVE A FACEBOOK AND ENJOYED FARMVILLE IMMENSELY.

BUT I TEND TO NOT LIKE ADDING PEOPLE I KNOW IN REAL LIFE. Although friendly, I did not form a close bond with many of my classmates as our interests were very different. Plus you can only talk so much about what your kid did and stuff like that. That's pretty much all they talk about.

Mostly us close nerd-bros use it to keep track of one another.

Yeah, my real life friends have very different interests, too. That's why I don't get along with them as well as I do with online friends, which some of my friends think is extremely gay and unrealistic. Like I'm so homo guy living with his mum. *begins to berate like the Ginger kid*

Anyway, Torsty shared this with me, so I thought I'd share it with you... JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO ON FACEBOOK! SHARE, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! WOO, WATCH THIS FUCKING FUNNY VIDEO, IT'S SO FUNNY AND SHIT.

OKAY! WATCH THIS!

South Park 1404 You Have 0 Friends

p.s.: In case anyone couldn't tell from the obvious, I was just trolling. I don't mind them sharing videos, but, it floods the wall and Facebook used to be about updating status, NOT SHARING VIDEOS. OR PLAYING LAME-ASS FLASH GAMES THAT LAG MY COMPUTER LIKE HELL.

Christ.

Hrmmm....Most of the people on my FB friendslist are all Reenactors. I don't waste my time playing the games on it, more or less use it for business communications between people. Occasionally will have some people I've missed over the years but not much else.

I know what you mean, Daiki. I have so many contacts on Facebook and I've barely communicated with any of the contacts that are not of my current class. And with those current classmates, we don't communicate, either. We just joke with each other very seldomly, and most of the time, we just, as I wrote, share videos.

I don't mind sharing videos, but, c'mon, let's talk. Like, you know, friends? -_-"

I did not form a close bond with many of my classmates as our interests were very different. Plus you can only talk so much about what your kid did and stuff like that. That's pretty much all they talk about.

FFFUUUU--

THIS.

That, and they talk about their awesome careers as interns at some awesome hospital or museum, or their new job at IBM or Microsoft, or how they're immensely enjoying going into business with their father's friend (who is a senior member of some Fortune 500 company).

Just makes me go: D:

Facebook is for people who talk about crap no one cares about to feel important. I believe the latest southpark summerizes how i feel nicely.

GEE NEVER MIND TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I LIKE FACEBOOK SINCE EVERYONE WILL JUST BASH ON IT!

*goes back to harvesting her crops*

Yeah, I thought 'faggots' might be a little bit strong... but after seeing Necella's post, I SAY, STRONG IT SHALL BE! D:<

THEN NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT I FOUND OLD FAMILY MEMBERS THAT I LOST CONTACT WITH AS WELL!

Facebook DOES have some pros ya know.

"I accidentally burnt my toast this morning. I should make a montage..."

NO. YOU SHOULDN'T. YOU REEEEALLY FUCKING SHOULD NOT.

I still have a Facebook but I'm fast neglecting it. Seriously? Between FarmVille, mindless sympathetic pandering(Most of my friends are teenagers, and then my mother.), the rest of the boring apps, I find one status update worth reading. IT'S USUALLY MINE!

I troll the assholes from the old school through Friend-of-Friend posting, though. In real life, I probably wouldn't leave the room alive.

I only use facebook to play the games. o_____o I LOVE the apps.

If I wanna chat up my friends, I use the forums and IMs!

Thought it DOES help me keep in touch with family members, and stalk forum users. >>; Although now that my grandmother has discovered mine and Isabella's facebook, we've been kicked out of the family again. She didn't get the joke about his Satanist Communist info status. And apparently she doesn't like my attitude or my friends. >:D

Ugh, we Singaporeans (heck, probably all of Asians) don't receive the 'embarrassing family members on Facebook' problem, because Singaporeans (and most of Asians) don't know English.

And yes, I know Facebook comes in many languages, but most of the Asians just don't grow up on such stuff like Facebook or Friendster. They spent their time at some disco or some roadshow. More outdoorsy than teenagers today, I'd say.

And another thing, most of the parents here don't know computers, hence not knowing about Facebook as well.

FFFUUUU--

THIS.

That, and they talk about their awesome careers as interns at some awesome hospital or museum, or their new job at IBM or Microsoft,

Just makes me go: D:

This is me.

brb seiji, busy moving along in the world

Apparently I was a lot more popular in school than I thought I was. There seems to be a group effort to track me down...they all seem to think I've gone off and done something terrible...like, got famous or something. Silly them.

Mostly I was the leader of the nerdy Lunchroom Brigade and that was MAH CREW and our goal was to spread out and seize control of the globe >:[. Facebook comes in handy in keeping track of each other as we're all spreading out everywhere.

We used to use Myspace but goddamn, seriously, do people REALLY need to have THAT MANY glitter graphics on their page? And music videos? Msypace started to constantly crash on my computer from the sheer amount of "pimpin" people were doing to their pages.

That's the main advantage of Facebook that I see. ^