Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
This is the OOC/chit-chat thread for the Eyes of the Emperor RP. This thread is for players to chat, discuss, ask questions, or otherwise interact outside of the RP. At the moment there is no Discord server for this RP though one may be created if desired (in which case this thread will likely become archived).

You can find the lorebook thread here.
You can find the sign-up thread here.

Hi there! Quick question: can an Ashir be "born" under any species of tree (in the Empire), or are they limited to oak, willow, and elder trees? Are there ever any anomalies, such as an Ashir "born" under a petrified tree or, say, a bog oak, or are they always "born" under living trees?

Reactions: Owl
Hi there! Quick question: can an Ashir be "born" under any species of tree (in the Empire), or are they limited to oak, willow, and elder trees? Are there ever any anomalies, such as an Ashir "born" under a petrified tree or, say, a bog oak, or are they always "born" under living trees?
Hey Zarko, sorry I am only now getting back to you. I think my notifications are a bit broken (possibly due to adblock or something?) because I didn't see your reply until now.

In any case, the answer is that your character can be born under any tree you pick. If you're going to go with something widly exotic however, you probably won't have much in the way of "family" among other Ashir, so that is something to be aware of. On the other hand, that could also make for an interesting character since such a character would feel the pressures of being isolated even more than other Ashir already do. Your Ashir does not have to have been born under a living tree, it can be a dead tree. This would however be highly irregular and considered a bad omen and would put something of a stain on your character's reputation, even though they can't rightly help it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
@Effervescent
Just a quick heads-up, the site won't let me "like" your character application. I even tried a different browser, it still won't let me. So yeah, I haven't skipped Liam's sheet - I just literally can't click the reaction button for some reason.

@Effervescent
Just a quick heads-up, the site won't let me "like" your character application. I even tried a different browser, it still won't let me. So yeah, I haven't skipped Liam's sheet - I just literally can't click the reaction button for some reason.
Honestly I've been having issues myself with certain posts so I think it's just a me thing.

I had to get moderators involved with my post. Apparently something was up with the code I used, which is so wild to me. I had no idea the bbcode could lock a post, but now I gotta be careful. Probably won't code any IC posts just to be sure. There's no way to tell if your code will lock your post until after you've posted.

• OMG
@Kinu @SilverPaw @Effervescent @Elle Joyner

Quick question for my victims players, do you want a discord or not? I honestly don't care either way. I'm just as happy with just having this OOC thread as I'd be with having a discord.

I'm not familiar with discord so I'd prefer threads (Plus the BBcodes are so pretty imo˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶).

I'm not too happy with Discord right now because it's requiring me to change my username but not actually allowing me to do it. I don't object to a Discord if others want to use it, I just can't count on being able to do so myself.

@Kinu @SilverPaw @Effervescent @Elle Joyner

Quick question for my victims players, do you want a discord or not? I honestly don't care either way. I'm just as happy with just having this OOC thread as I'd be with having a discord.
I'm good either way. I'm chronically on discord these days, and when I go out of town in a couple of weeks I can't guarantee how often I'll check the site throughout the day. I'm sure I can have Elle ping me when I need to check something though haha

Thanks everyone for chipping in.

For now let's stick to just this thread for OOC conspiracies stuff :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
The opening post will go up sometime within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for all the wonderful and unique character applications so far, I'm excited to get this adventure started!

Reactions: Ariel
My day out today lasted a lot longer than planned, as a result I'm pretty exhausted so I am postponing the initial post by one day. Sorry for tge delay, a good chunk is ready but I'd rather take a short while longer to whole-ass the opening rather than half-ass it now.

Thank you for understanding.

Reactions: Ariel
Soon.

Reactions: SilverPaw