The Experiments

His face scrunched up as she stole some of there food, he fell to his knees putting his hands to his face " SHE STOLE THAT HARD WORK FOR FOOD! " he puts his head onto the floor and smacks it off the pavement leaving a crack. " WHY THE FOOD! " he looked up at Seth with a sad hungry face and stood up " lets go before she comes back to steal the rest of the food..im so hungry " he ran up next to Seth who was screaming for her to come back and quietly calculated a safe route back to the lair if he wanted...to you know go through the sewer or something. He rubbed his face which had a bit of a dirt stain on it and looked up at the sky hoping she would come back with there food and her beautiful face of course.

"I don't know, Rita," Ben sighed as he gazed into the distance, towards where Lucien had run off. "Lucien said something about Seth fighting, and then he just ran off to god knows where." He shook his head, looking back at the silver haired girl. "I would've followed him, but that would've meant leaving you defenseless. Not something I'm prepared to do. Besides... Lucien can take care of himself, as we both know."

Seth stepped back, worried of Lucien's sanity for a moment when he smacked his forehead on the dirty pavement, not cleaned for years since this is abandoned part of the city. Yes, he was more irked about the cleanliness rather than crack on the floor or the possible injury that his humanoid robotic friend might have. "She only stole some, I'll buy more tomorrow," Seth said, trying to console him. "Besides, maybe she was really hungry. It's hard to find food if you can't go out." He knew she had been hiding because... how pray tell, is she going to hide her wings from the public without looking like a hunchback. Her only best bet were on those...Anime conventions...where humans dress sooo...strangely.

It didn't seem like a good idea to be carrying food through the sewer so they took the path that Seth always originally take until they reached the building that they needed to be. "Ben! Come on inside, we brought dinner!" he said. But then he narrowed his eyes, looing up at the top of the building.... were those white fathers sticking out? He nudged Lucien to look up.

Lucien was in the middle of hugging Ben, when he looked up to see the feathers. " hmm... ill check it out ". He ran up to the building looking up the building and sighed, " System activate gravitation boots " " Activating " He then leaped up onto the building and began running up it sticking to wall as if he was the better spider man He eventually reached the top to see a curvy figure balled up in white wings. His eye twitched as he saw the empty food but his main worry was her shaking body, he walked over slowly and quietly. He put his hands into the balled up wings and under her body to support her, he lifted her slowly doing his best to keep her from waking up. He walked to the edge and thought what was the best route, he just continue to go down the building walking as he did coming up but was moving a bit fast since he was holding her. He reached the bottom of the building and the gravitational boots turned off, he walked towards the subway witch a smile he spoke softly " I found a sleeping angel " he chuckled a bit " lets get her inside she can stay in my bed she seems like she's cold " he said with a confused face.

Mataria laid on the roof in a soundless sleep, pulling her body into a smaller ball with every breeze that flowed over her small body. As she was picked up Mataria turned and snuggled into the warmth of Shift's body, pulling on his sweater wanting to pull the warmth over her. She stayed asleep though nonetheless.

The only comfy furniture that they have were the leather couches and some old yet still functional mattresses. Thank goodness there were rich people throwing their luxurious couches into the dumps or else they'd all be sleeping in cots or on the floor with the just a blanket. The abandoned subway was huge and in just over the few weeks, they were able to renovate it to make it more...homey. Seth then began redistributing the food to everyone on the plates that they were given, dividing them up evenly, and fortunately, everyone can get seconds since he bought so much this time. He ate his own share, sitting on his couch that he sleeps in. "Hmm, I wonder how ZO-13's going to react that we moved her here...."

"I don't trust her," Ben stated plainly, licking his lips as he finished his portion of the food. "I know you know her from before, Lucien, but even so she's probably quite powerful. We should be alright though seeing as we're all pretty strong ourselves, but even so I'll be keeping an eye on her. How well do you know her anyway?"

" ...just trust me... " He said as he sat with his hands in his pockets his food untouched, his eyes were dull and not shining as they usually did. Slow flashbacks were coming back to him, images of when he first met her. He saw the images of when she was tearing some of her feathers out, he was always trying to follow her everywhere. but flashbacks of his experimentation were cutting in, the thoughts of how he died and how he felt when he had died but was brought back in this new body. He cursed the day they stole his life away from him, and put him in the walking tin can. He snapped out of it and looked at everyone his emotions seemed to be drawn away from him.

"We don't know her well, and yes, she stole food from us, but just one carton for herself," Seth said. "We should at least give her a chance, Ben.... because nowadays, we only have each other to watch our backs.... X-14 was just here, Ben, and it seems like he's working for Sega." Sega... that condemned corporation. He hated that place though he'll admit he didn't have a lot of suffering than his other teammates here. At least..he didn't know. Whatever abusive experimentation he went through, he had all but forgotten... Call it Amnesia or Memory Loss, but he hadn't known abuse. Just a series of tests, combats, and other tedious methods.

Mataria laid in bed and pulled the blanket around herself. She slept for what seemed to her like hours but in reality was only a few moments, but it was enough to rejuvenate her. She woke up and pulled the blanket closer the scent was oddly familiar. Once she realized she was not on the roof like she had placed herself she flipped around and quickly sat up looking around, she saw Shift and felt relief. "Um." Mataria cleared her throat. "where am I?" Mataria said as she stood and walked over to where everyone was sitting, standing and stretching her wings stretched out with her, they were rather large, spanning out to at least 5-6 1/2 feet long. white and covered in beautiful feathers. Matraia's face was pale like the rest of her, like porcelain, her eyes were a light blue with a hint of bright yellow around her pupil. "and whose bed was that?" Mataria looked around at everyone, she recognized everyone to a certain extent, but she didn't really communicate, she felt like she was talking to much already as it was. Mataria sat on a nearby rug and looked at everyone running her hand through her hair and pushing it away from her face.

Shift then looks over at Mataria and grabs his food, he lifts it up and walks over to her and puts it out in front of her. " Eat it you need it " he said as he sat down next to her " And that was my bed..i hope you didn't drool in it " he paused then continued " This is our home...or are safe zone away from the world..let me introduce you " He stands up from the floor and looks at the group, " Everyone this is ZO-13 or as she goes by Mataria..and Mataria this is Benjamin, Rita, and Seth..is what he goes by now. ( obv more people if they join later ) " He then sits back down next to her he scans the room for something.

Many of the experiments were in awe of Mataria's beautiful white wings, but they try to keep silent. Rita was already scolding the younger members for staring, seeing that ZO-13 was uncomfortable. "I hope you didn't mind being moved here, Mataria. You are welcome to stay here as long as you like without any obligation to repay us back," he told her, making her feel welcomed. "Please do think on it before rejecting, but whatever you decide, I will not stop you."

Mataria smirks and wipes her hands across her face and looks at them. "Nope no drool." Mataria tried to make light of the situation, she had never been acted so kindly towards, most turned her away. "hello everyone." Pushing the food back towards Shift, Mataria looks at him. " I don't need it really, I have gone weeks without a full stomach before its not a problem, besides I wouldn't want to get to fat." Mataria said patting stomach, if she were any skinnier she would be anorexic, Mataria hated how skinny she was, she thought she was ugly. 17, skinny as hell and white hair was not something Mataria considered beautiful. Mataria looked at Seth. "I remeber you from the lab you always acted like a leader. I don't do well with authority...if you can remember." Mataria stood and stretched once again. "i thank you for the hospitality but I would hate to intrude so if you don't mind. i am gonna go and lay on your rather warm roof again, I will be gone by morning though so I don't give away your hideout." Mataria didn't want to be alone but it was what she was used to, besides they didn't look like they had room for the people there so adding another would only make it worse for them in the long run.

((and I bid thee adieu for the night))

(byebyes~)

Seth blinked at that... authority??? "I'm not really a leader---" Rita immediately cut him off. "Yes, you are. An overly worried leader who acts like a mom--that's what you are. Still, Mataria, it's good if you stay here. We actually have a lot more space than just this, especially us girls. Besides, it's going to rain tonight. Don't want your wings bloating, right? And believe me, when I say it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain!" One experiment then spoke, whispering to another, "That's what she said about the leprechauns." BAM!! Everyone pitied the male that faced her fiery fist. It was not a memory that she would wish to remember; how embarrassing that was.

Mataria smirked at the comments Rita made about Seth and his mom likeness. "Well the rain does mess with my feathers and it makes me like 10 times more colder...you sure I won't be intruding, cause I would hate to do that." Mataria said sitting back down on the floor as looking at Seth. Her stomach growled as the smell of food entered her nose. "and maybe I will eat this." Mataria said pulling the food back and starting to eat it. "You guys probably think I am a real bother, eating your food staying here. But just for tonight and then I won't be a problem any more...Promise" Mataria said as she swallowed and shoved more food in her mouth.

"No. You're not a bother, Mataria. None of you here are a bother," Seth spoke, everyone turning to face him as he was eating his food. He chewed and swallowed and continued saying, "I'll always be here to take care of all of you. The only thing I'll ask out of all of you is to take care of each other. That's it. You all can stay as long as you like." So far, he was the only one working and buying them food and new clothes whenever they ask. Rita smiled a bit at that and she turned to Mataria, pointing at Seth while saying, "See? Motherly." Seth ignored her and finished eating his meal.

Lucien was still sitting in his spot, his purple eyes then dissapeared as his eyelids slammed shut. causing a bit of an echo, he falls over to the floor his energy completely drained from his body. See his body wasn't the newest piece of metal in the world, and needed to recharge which he had set up on the subway tracks. there was a table were he lays to recharge of the natural flowing currents of the underground, his metal body had hit the floor causing another loud echo to go around the room. His robotic jaw chomped down as his body went into protection mode to protect any of his body parts that were not robotic. His heat slowly dissapearing as his body turned into an actual non moving tin can, But Lucien mind was wondering about in the dark of his conscious.

Seth was up and he went over to Lucien, calling some of the others to help him carry him. They brought him over to the table on the tracks and Rita went ahead to hook him up to the power supply. They waited for Lucien to reboot. "He must have used too much when he tired to find you," Rita said and Seth nodded at that. "Let him rest. Everyone, lights out at ten." So that Lucien can fully recharge overnight.

His charged body then shoots up from the table, as he inhales deeply as if he was dead. He looks around in the dark his head spinning a bit, he leaps off the table and shakes his body a bit getting his feeling back. " Mmm how long was i out " He said as he looked around the railway, Climbing back out of the railway onto the landing. He inspects his body and makes sure nothing was tampered with or broken, " Exiting security mod " His body going back to complete control of his own body again. " Fuck man "

Mataria stared intently as she whatched as shift fell over. Shocked at how calm everyone seemed to be, mataria went along with it helping to carry him to the table then, crawlIng back to shifts bed at 10. She fell asleep quickly,tired from th days events. Her wings wrapped her in like a cacoon,that was until she started dreaming. Her wings fluttered and quiet moans escaped her mouth. Mataria always had nightmares,wether it be about her being killed Or things that happened to her at the lab....all those damned birds. Mataria pulled tightly at her wings pulling them closer. It was a safety thing really.