The Exoria Saga (original Sci-Fi universe RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
"Exoria" Main Theme:

exoria_saga_by_aryo_fayden-d53ylct.jpg

The Saga Begins...

CO-GM NEEDED!!

1. No GMing. We don't want any Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues

2. Maximum of 3 Active Characters per person. Any more needs approval by a GM

3. Characters can and WILL die, but please ASK somebody before you attempt to kill their character rather then just say "Your guy is dead."

4. Keep it PG-13!! Romance and Lovey-Dovey stuff is fine, as well as the occasional innuendo, but take smut scenes to PM, please. Also, violence is allowed, but please don't rip out a guys entrails and hold them above his head while he slowly dies. We're not monsters (but some of us are aliens :3)

5. Some scenes will be time skipped if they drag on too long/get too boring, but most of the time we will RP things through.

6. Each member of the RP will eventually become a member of the small group of adventurers who save the galaxy :3

7. Your character cannot have any GM abilities. I'll point out what is considered "okay" and what is considered "GM" once the character sheet is up.

8. Post at least two paragraphs each time (more is fantastic)

9. GM posts will be announced (these include plot movers, special events or even the death/introduction of a new character)

10. If you got this far, here's a cookie *hands cookie* also, include your favourite Sci-Fi quote in the "Other" section of your character sheet (once the template is posted, of course)

11. Please make PvP combat fair. It really sucks when somebody unleashes their ultimate power and freezes the other person's foot to the floor, then proceed to just punch the crap out of their immobile opponent. In addition, GM moves will NOT be allowed inside PvP combat unless approved/announced in a GM event.

12. Enjoy the RP to the best of your ability!!

This is the story of a group of unlikely heroes who will wind up discovering the biggest secret the galaxy has kept hidden, then destroy it before the monstrosity of its being spreads to other worlds.

The story will follow the group as they meet up (in the original RP, it was a wedding, but this can be modified for the sake of a new story). From there, we will launch into a full out Galactic adventure that will take us to various worlds, force us to participate in multiple dangerous activities, and most importantly, help us find the source of a new plague sweeping the galaxy known as "The Great Poison". There will be drama, romance, action, space battles, droids, nerdy references, and many more!

The universe in which this takes place is original, meaning we can create worlds and areas of our own. We will probably borrow a few things from science fiction works such as Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica (for potential designs of ships, robots, aliens, and the occasional reference such as the cantina band song), but the majority of stuff involved with this RP should and will be original.

You can play a multitude of characters: Aliens, Humans, Robots (or "Droids"), Cybernetic Lifeforms, or even sentient Computer Software/A.I. lingering around in a robotic body. The possibilities are endless. Feel free to create your own alien species and planet to go with it, the galaxy is a huge place filled with endless possibility.

That being said, I'm looking for a few interested people before I begin this RP. Once we have 4 interested people, I'll post the CS and we'll begin making characters.

Also, don't feel restricted with your characters. In past versions of this RP, there was a Royal character (Princess Audra of Agerna) who was part of the main group. Don't just feel like you should be some kind of Bounty Hunter or generic Smuggler. You can be the head of an intergalactic weapons manufacturing company, a robot-vigilante who acts like the Batman of a crime filled planet (such as our own "Norrux Mirugal", for example. Imagine if Narr Shaddaa and Gotham City had a baby, that's what the city-covered planet is like), or even a Slave-Girl/Boy who wishes to be free from their master's clutches. Go wild on the characters! The more variety, the more interesting the stories can become!

Also, if you have an original alien race you'd like to go ahead with and use, please send me some info about them via a PM. I have some species I've created for the world of Exoria, but I'm always open to hear about yours! If you want to see a list of aliens I've made for this, please just ask and I'll provide a list (with basic information only, in-depth descriptions will come only when provoked).

Anyways, let's get interest generated for this!!

I'm interested, I've never done many sci-fi roleplays and this sounds like a good place to get into it.

Cool, sounds like fun.

Hmm, I am willing to help in any way I can, and quite possibly join in. By the way, love the soundtrack you added there. *Eats Cookie*

Thanks, glad to have you.

So, any character ideas thus far?

I'm taking the role of an Anamantian (alien species I created, more or less a human) pilot.

Not for myself as of yet, however due to preferences, I will probably be looking into Robotics and the like.

Nice, like a regular Robot or a cyborg?

Sweet!

And with that, its four! That didn't take long xD

That, I am not completely sure of yet. I have played solid robots, as well cyborg, as well some mechanical humanoids that can be classified as neither. It all depends on the personality I want portrayed I suppose, haha. (Practically meaning, I haven't found a picture I am currently fond of as of yet.)

I see, well that could be interesting.

Right now I'm thinking probably just a plain old human. Though, if you'd be so kind, I'd love to get a run down of those races you've thought up so far.

Sure. I have more then what I'll be listing, but the ones I left out are NPC races that I won't let anyone play without special permission.

Eh, need some time to find the document again, so I'll post it later. Anyways, question time!

Reactions: ℜyder
Hmm, I might run two characters.. When might the CS be released?

As well, is there anything I can help with?

CS will be released (hopefully) tomorrow. And yeah, I have a rule where all players can run a total of 3 characters, if they can handle it.

I've been combating a space sci-fi craving for a while now and this seems like just the thing I was looking for.

If you don't have too many people I would love to participate in this as well, if you will have me.

Yeah, welcome aboard! We're accepting up to 8 people, so you're good. I think we have 5 now (including me).

Thank you very much!

I usually play a machine race in sci-fi RPs I'm in, but ℜyder seems to have the mechanical party member covered. Or maybe an alien with an aquatic phenotype would be interesting. Mundane humans are always fun, too.
I'll reserve my choice for now and wait for the alien list; I wouldn't want to make a redundant species or race copy-cat after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.