The Exoria Saga (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas all.
Although it's technically Christmas Eve for me.

Hilariously enough, making your character start out in a box deep in the cargo hold makes it rather difficult to make any worthwhile introductory posts (or any posts, for that matter), and any rough drafts I do make turn out to be 99% fluff, 1% "Yeah, like, so my character's in, like, some crazy box or whatever and was, like, totally put on the rad ship, dude."

So in hindsight, don't put your characters in boxes at the start, and also fluff posts are bad~

I'm almost at the point where I'm just going to flip a table, go get it and set it back upright, then sit down and make a new (easier to introduce) character while going "Dii's in a reinforced cargo box and thus cannot interact with the story too much, so I'll truly introduce Dii when either someone pries the box open or it breaks open upon "landing" at Norrux."

Reactions: ℜyder
If you guys want, I can make a super-mega post that (although it may skip over initial character intros aboard the ship), easily gets us to Norrux Mirugal and sets the scene. I would want to have everyone introduce themselves first, but if there's a lot of issues I can easily do a GM post, introduce everyone in their own way (you tell me how Maarcuu finds them and I'll add that), then have them escape the ship.

Reactions: ℜyder
I think, from a story tellers perspective, it'd be a lot more appealing having started the RP with Marcuu's cargo ship going under as some space-smugglers on Norrux try to gun the ship down for its cargo..then just go the rest of the explanation from there. No need for long info-dumping narrations.

Dii's crate will either be 1) Broken open by the rough handeling 2) Set on fire by an explosion 3) Conveniently found by Howl as he salvages pieces to sell, and possible activating it upon finding it.

The opening scene as a mega-post is a good idea. Blending these two ideas would throw us directly into the action and have our characters introduced in a situation where we wont need to fluff.
(Howl will probably want to sell both Marcuu and Dii, one being a pet while the latter being some sort of device)

Just a suggestion ^^"

Also, season's greetings!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mite
Haha, I face difficulties in how to infiltrate the ship myself. I can get Sylvie in pretty easy by somewhat 'blending in' using random fluff, but Zha'Ven is another story altogether. A military grade unit just waltzing up to a cargo ship that is under royal's supervision.. I would have to damage the hull in some way in which case the damage would be found upon launch-inspection.

But I have developed some thought on my post. Still coming out as mostly fluff though..

Well the hull can't really be damaged before launch, seeing as how the tiniest hole can screw up everything, so maybe they're already hidden and snuck aboard during the night shift when it was easier to inflitrate the area?

I call for some hand-wavium and curtain pulling. Can they not be like Dii? A smart infiltration by sending yourself as innocently disguised goods? Sounds like a realistic scheme in a world of sentient robots that need to find their way across the galaxy in a safe way. A form of...efficient smuggling. Think of it as sending "top secret military artillery" (which is totally faked), until your character reawakens and goes about its life. A sci-fi trojan horse with a twist lol.

I call for some hand-wavium and curtain pulling. Can they not be like Dii? A smart infiltration by sending yourself as innocently disguised goods? Sounds like a realistic scheme in a world of sentient robots that need to find their way across the galaxy in a safe way. A form of...efficient smuggling. Think of it as sending "top secret military artillery" (which is totally faked), until your character reawakens and goes about its life. A sci-fi trojan horse with a twist lol.
By being like Dii I mean stuff yourself in a crate ;D
And perhaps if youre rogue or have your own purposes, reactivate and rp on-board? Depending on the direction our GM takes.

Its all just suggetions mind you, go with what sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was how I already figured out how to go about it, still ends in mostly fluff though. Put Zha'Ven in a box, and Sylvie could very well pass as just some loading droid or something. (If not stuff her in the box as well) Rather easy to go about it, just all the fluff, haha. Still trying to work on a decent post through all the holiday torment that my brother's wife is pulling me through. Can't relax for more than an hour before we are going somewhere else, or doing something.

Seriously, if you are on vacation, don't create 'work' to do for other people! xD Never let others plan your vacations people.

Edit: I may be incapable of very much activity until New Years is over, sorry Sora!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the holidays.
I, myself, am currently visiting family out of state so don't expect, well, anything from me for a while.
...not that I do anything anyways...

Yeah its the holidays so everyone's pretty much gone.

To everyone in the thread,Happy New Year! Health, joy and great Rps to everyone. ^^

After I get over my hangover, I'll wish you all a happy New Year as well...

*looks around at group from under blanket with red eyes*

... Urg...

*covers self back up and continues to sleep off 2nd day of hangover*

Alright people, let's get this thing back up and running! If need be, I can do a time-skip, but everyone should try to get at least one post up.

Working on a post right now, sorry that took so long. I just cease being a person during the holidays.

Its cool, no worries. Just a post up so we can get this started ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.