The Exoria Saga (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more, if cultures and the like are established, it could bring some more room for side events, and sub-plots. At the very least, it could help us view what we have to play with during more lenient times where the main story is taking a minor break.

Sure, maybe we could start with fleshing out Norrux then since thats where we're heading first? I was thinking the planet would be pretty sun-choked, due to the vast amounts of pollution the sky would be pretty blocked out due to smog and such. And as the city has multiple levels underground, it'd be fair to say the temperature rises/gets more humid the further down you go. The planet is loud as fuck I'd imagine, given not only the sheer volume of inhabitants but the air vents and multitudes of machines needed to keep the citizens alive.

I suppose it is possible to start with Norrux, issue being don't have your heart set on anything. Seeing as it is both a pre-created world by the GM, as well a part of the story (Currently). It is likely a majority, if not everything will be shut down. In other words, if we do get ideas for Norrux, we will need to run it by Sora to make sure it doesn't interfere with any plans.

Norrux Mirugal
Planet___City_Lights_Concept_1_by_Lantios.jpg

Norrux Mirugal is the largest moon of Yuuka. More commonly known as the Vermin City, the Smuggler's Moon and Little Shit-Covered Agerna, Norrux Mirugal has a surface that is entirely overgrown with city sprawl, leaving no patches untouched except the very ground of the planet, which is barren and dusty. But unlike other planets covered in endless cities, Norrux Mirugal is very much rundown and extremely dangerous on the lower and under levels of the world city. Norrux Mirugal was filthy, polluted, and infested with crime everywhere. There are around 8 Levels in the planet and the city is entirely controlled by crime lords. The most famous crime lord on the planet is Rectja Tyrr, a Borregelian who has ownership of the majority of levels on Norrux Mirugal.
I'm actually quite interested in what a Borregelian is.

Howl will most probably be on the planet. He'll probably be intrigued by the crash site and try to salvage some 'fresh parts before they all explode'.

since the planet is ran by thieves and crime circles, chances are their's going to be a lot of hoarding thieves and collectors surrounding the crash-site either for the ship's parts or your character's belongings. It's like dropping a crumb on a hungry anthill. Thinking that my character can enter in a sort of brawl for one of your character's valuables, especially if you've got droids.

I imagined the planet as a sort of cyberpunk ghetto metropolis. Tall, ash-smeared buildings sticking out among apartment buildings and rundown shacks and businesses. The people would be hardened, not paying attention to newcomers and mostly sticking to themselves or to their inner circles, just ignoring most people that talk to them. Drunkards, bums and shady merchants would probably litter the streets and live among the stay animals (like Howl). (Hard for me to describe unless you guys have actually been to these places irl >_<)

As for the other 7 levels below the first one, I'm not sure what the GM has in mind so maybe we should wait for him. Regardless of what it is, @Sora1297 I was wondering if my character would auto-know these levels, since he's mostly an off-the-radar black merchant / hunter anyways.

Also suppeer interested in @Mite 's character. Will it be on the spaceship headed to Norrux?

P.S - @Sora1297
I just read through your CS. Is my character too similar to yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, maybe we could start with fleshing out Norrux then since thats where we're heading first? I was thinking the planet would be pretty sun-choked, due to the vast amounts of pollution the sky would be pretty blocked out due to smog and such. And as the city has multiple levels underground, it'd be fair to say the temperature rises/gets more humid the further down you go. The planet is loud as fuck I'd imagine, given not only the sheer volume of inhabitants but the air vents and multitudes of machines needed to keep the citizens alive.

Yeah, that's basically the idea except a little less noisy on the machines half. The upper levels (1-2) are comprised of the rich and powerful (mostly humans due to various alien-hate laws), while the lower levels (3-7) are more dangerous and crime filled, also housing a majority of crime lords and gang leaders on the planet. Some of the more powerful crime lords (Rectja Tyrr, as mentioned before), actually live on the higher levels in massive "palaces" of their own.

The lowest level (the secret 8th level), however, is simply known as "The Basement", because it is literately the ground floor of the planet. Its filled with dangerous and highly mutated creatures brought about by the extreme pollution or dumped there as a failed science experiments by researchers. Only the poorest refugees and citizens live in the Basement, but it is also used as a prison for criminals who are caught: its nearly inescapable and death is around every corner.

Howl will most probably be on the planet. He'll probably be intrigued by the crash site and try to salvage some 'fresh parts before they all explode'.

since the planet is ran by thieves and crime circles, chances are their's going to be a lot of hoarding thieves and collectors surrounding the crash-site either for the ship's parts or your character's belongings. It's like dropping a crumb on a hungry anthill. Thinking that my character can enter in a sort of brawl for one of your character's valuables, especially if you've got droids.

I imagined the planet as a sort of cyberpunk ghetto metropolis. Tall, ash-smeared buildings sticking out among apartment buildings and rundown shacks and businesses. The people would be hardened, not paying attention to newcomers and mostly sticking to themselves or to their inner circles, just ignoring most people that talk to them. Drunkards, bums and shady merchants would probably litter the streets and live among the stray animals (like Howl).

Pretty much, yeah. Imagine a shitty, futuristic Gotham City.

In fact, here's an image of how one of the lower levels would look like:

__sub_level___by_sangheili117.png

Here's the Upper City:

image.jpg

Here's what most of the streets in Norrux Mirugal look like (both levels)

image.jpg

And finally, the Basement:

image.jpg

I'm actually quite interested in what a Borregelian is.

You'll find out :3

Reactions: ℜyder
Also suppeer interested in @Mite 's character. Will it be on the spaceship headed to Norrux?
@ShiningMist:
Dii was last seen on a transport headed towards Norrux Mirugal. Why that particular planet and for what purpose, the government keeps a tight lid on that information.
Oh yeah it is. Maybe it's sent there so that the respectable human civilization can hire some foolhardy brave mercenaries (one of which who may look like a fox cat) to personally hand-deliver the annoying drone to the dreaded Adscion territories, haha~

...or maybe Dii was sent to Norrux Mirugal in an effort to get rid of it in a quiet, unofficial way.

Cat. Looks like a cat.

Of course it does. Cat-like mercenaries are the most trustworthy mercenaries.

Think Ill make that his pet peeve..being mistaken for another 'lesser' animal of sorts (not that I think so)
I suppose we'll see when the RP begins :P
And yes, furry mercenaries are the best in the galaxy!

Wait, are we talking about Maarcuu?

HES NOT A MERC! HE'S A ROYAL PILOT T-T

I was talking about Howl, since he is also a pilot (technically a dogfighter, but whatever).

I mean, what silly government would send a royal pilot (one of their youngest and brightest, mind you) to a place filled with planet-sized robots that are thought to be terrible people? No sane one, that's for sure. So, why not hire a fox-mercenary to do it instead; less people will be saddened over their death should bad things happen.
Of course, the government still has to get the droid to the fox-mercenary and they can't just stack him in a cargo ship; it's technically an ambassador and researcher, after all. So, they give him first-rate transportation (piloted by some royal catman or something - all organics are equally inefficient in Dii's eyes sensors) to the nearest mercenary cove: Norrux Mirugal.

Or, at least, that was what I was talking about.

But yeah, I might just make Dii think Howl and Maarcuu are pretty much the same.

Just a little side note, Howl is a capable pilot in most senses. His work with most machinery has been improvised and informally learnt, so he lacks a lot of fine quality details in most of his work. It's all the 1st hand knowledge of 5 rough years of experimentation. But his crude mode of operation (or lack of any acknowledgement of protocol) is what usually gets his jobs done, the rest of which are subconscious muscle memory from his trainee days.

WIP

5-alien-races-i-want-to-play-star-trek-online-xindi.jpg

Name:

Appearance: (if they have multiple outfits, please include them in hiders, or just describe them if you only have one image. If you wear some kind of high tech armour, give a brief 2-3 sentence description of it).

Species: (Include a description if its something a bit more specific or original. However, all species must be humanoid. So that means no four-legged animals unless your species is slightly anthro. You can also play Cybernetic creatures and Robots/Androids).

Weapons: (Unless you are given permission by myself or a Co-GM, you are allowed a maximum of 2 weapons ranging from four categories: Semi-Ranged Weapons (ex. Assault Rifles), Short-Ranged Weapons (ex. Pistols or Shotguns), Long-Ranged Weapons (ex. Rifles), and Melee Weapons (ex. Energy Swords or Knives)

Background: (just a paragraph or too, but feel free to go over the limit and explain stuff about your character's origins if you want)

Other: (put any additional information here. Maybe your species has tentacles use for eyesight on the top of their head).

[/CENTER\

Two character ideas.
Ive noticed we have a lot of males/ combat-oriented characters coming along. Coincidentially I just ran across a few images that inspired me to make a few characters. Not sure if I'll be able to manage all of them at the same time. To combat this, I'm planning two female characters. I'm not sure what the GM's concept for the RP direction will be..so please leave critiques!

Character #1:

15-sci-fi-cg-character-female-by-eliane.jpg

Name: Nicknamed 'MOTHER' (Only known name is Cypress)
Occupation: Fashion designer, Artist, Model, socialite , celebrity, and businesswoman, unofficial ambassador, social activist,

Species: Human

Weapons: Social following (Called 'Children'), Wealth , Social Connections, Security Droids

Vehicles of Choice-

scifi_luxury_liner_by_adamkop-d54ryny.jpg
Guardian Android of Choice -

Latex-Blonde-Helmet-Sci-Fi-Women-Females-Girls-Sexy-Babes-Cyborg-Robot-Dark-Photo-Background.jpg

Background: A woman whose face has been plastered on every corner of the galaxy, Cypress' shocking fashion-art and social activism has earned her the name of 'Mother of the Stars.' by her most loyal fans. Cypress is famous for being famous, owning numerous perfumes, clothing lines, magazine spreads, reality TV shows and hosted in several commercial films. Cypress is branded as one of the most culturally relevant socialite humans remaining in the galaxy, earning herself her own brand of royalty. The businesswoman is the unoffical cultural ambassador of human popular culture and interest, making her one of the most influential women among our stars.

Other
-5'3. (Elaborate costumes typically make her a lot taller)
-Cypress always has a standard set of 10 security droids around her. These sleek, femme-fatale models are ninja-status in their ability for combat and stealth, typically wielding energy blades, standard pistols and jet-fueled footwear. They also come with a camouflage and heat-nullifying ability, allowing them to keep under the radar 24/7. They're agile, fast, and have recorded thousands of combat , firearm and vehicle-manning databases in order to protect the celebrity. Don't worry though, you'll only see their presence during an emergency!

woman-3D-model-Rebeca-Puebla-Pink-Amazon-2.jpg

Name: Nicknamed 'The Norrux Horse' *Identified as Tyrra*

Species: Android (Thinks Its Human)

Weapon: Horse tail (seen at back) is the hilt of a high-grade, cybernetic whip
Abilities:
-Reflexes.
-Various ports allow android body to function as a
1) Information retrieval device
2) Electrocution Apparatus
3) Android model's limbs can function as grapple devices.
-Collection of various pheromones, applicable for seduction
-Collection of fear gases,
typically paralyzing
-Capable of switching gender roles and appearance with ease

-Vocal mimicking capabilities (Which also makes it a great singer)
-
Embedded recording and tracking systems

Android has no official algorithms for combat or firearm use. Instead, illegal A.I. technology allowing self-awareness operations have been included in its mainframe prior to launch, allowing it to learn and acquire new skills over time.

Background:
Not much is known about the Horse of Norrux. Typically a mythological figure in the underground circles of those who fear Recjta Tyrr, the android was assembled using purely custom pieces, likely handmade by a kidnapped engineering team with one goal: create a line up of interrogation droids that'll send em' screamin'.

The android seems to have been built with a male-identified main frame, yet was aesthetically made up to be androgynous.

Whispers go around of an inquisitor model who, if Rectja Tyrr's bids do not go well, will find and torture you and your loved ones slowly until the deed is either complete or said victims have died. Whichever comes first.

The android is set on free-roam throughout the day, living as a normal human being in he slums of Norrux. As a sentient being, The Horse had nicknamed himself Tyrra (after Tyrr). For decades Tyrra battled with the idea that it was nothing more than a pawn to serve a single function. With nothing to understand these philosophical questions, the android slowly began to seek out what it means to be alive, to have purpose, and what the 'organic condition' may be.

After quickly realizing the sentiments of his android, the engineering crew at Recjta Tyrr's circle were given the orders to wipe and replace all memory drives and re install all software. These cleanings would happen periodically as the android's actions were observed via a newly installed recording system. These cleanings would reset the android's sentiments, allowing it to regain its rigorous nature capable of doing its job again. It would be a compromise. Keep her self-awareness, but periodically delete every sentiment as too much data would accumulate. A battle between the inner desire and born purpose ensues.

At this point in time, the android is scheduled for another periodic wiping. Its sentiment's are high, almost to human capacity. The android is alone, wandering as a self-claimed human female.As such, the android tends to work in local bars, cubs and pubs when its not dressed in its horse-attire doing whatever it can to gain enough money for its secret maintenance fees as she looks for her true purpose in this world.

Other: 5'11

*Male android body means male genitalia

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... What exactly is she?

The horse, I mean?

She's a human of course, but I have a small inkling you are asking for her profession.

Yeah, what's the deal with Ms. Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.