1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
"Well that went bad, didn't it?"

"What exactly happened?"

"It wasn't the planet. The sun started expanding at an impossible rate, like it was reaching its final stages before death. I can imagine it had to do with those waves we witnessed on the planet."

"What caused them?"

"Unknown. I believe it might've been an after-effect of all the tampering we've been doing. We did leave its borders wide open for hell to invade, and we left it open for quite a while, it was only a matter of time before the universe couldn't handle the pressure. It wasn't just the planet effected by them, they went all across the universe, and the source was that planet. The wave probably started destabilizing the stars, making them go into overdrive with their growth until the universe imploded on itself."

"How many of the prisoners are accounted for?"

"Seven in total, the other prisoners are presumed escaped with the doctor, which I might add, was probably the most unintentionally smartest thing we've ever done. We saved the most important people by having the doctor do it for us, now we just need to find him."

"Where are they being held?"

"The seven are on my personal base, I'm conducting physical tests on them to see if the wave affected their biology, or abilities in any way."

"This is only temporary. If any of the prisoners around found to be tampered with--"

"The prisoners are some of the most fascinating thing we have currently. My observations are only for scientific reasons, they're in no way being messed with mentally or physically."

"I hardly believe that."

"The data collected so far should be useful though, so while you can bitch all you want, we'll be having some new units tested out by the end of the day. And thanks to your truly."

"We still have the others to worry about. They know too much."

"And I have a plan for that. You won't like it, however."

".......... I'll humor you for the moment."

=====================================================================================================

Bright lights. Once again, so blinding it hurt the eyes. But it was neon green this time. It was white. The muscles were lazy, and everything felt oddly sore, like you've been in bed all day, not moving a muscle, then once you do, they try working again. Yet they weren't in bed. Felt like bed, but it was too cold for that. They didn't have a blanket, and their clothing was white like a hospital patient gown, with a plain T-shirt and pants. What they were laying in were tubes, cryogenic tubes to be exact. And someone opened up theirs. The tube slowly moved upwards, getting to a 90 degree angle and caused those within their own tube to fall out. The floor was metal, and within the room were monitors, pictures of their bodies, syringes, needles, various medical tools, and strangely enough skin lotion.

They had no scars on their bodies, or anything recent. And there were no signs of a person using their body in any way. Though their left eye hurt massively, keeping it opened was like someone shot it. Even a bit of blood dripped down their cheek. When checking their reflection, their eye was bleeding from the iris. The last memory they all had was the world ending, with everyone separated by that strange vision of a beach. Yet, after that, no memory. They were in their own little rooms, bleeding from the eye, and suddenly their door opened. And they could go out into the empty white hallway.

Those taken were Alken de la Vaettir, Gaeira Indiana, Marcus Blackwood, Kingpin-22, Mitsuru Kirijo, Alicia Aeverlin, and Connor. When they went into the halls, they would meet with each other again.​

Before Xiao even knew everything went pear shaped again. She was admiring the castle she had accidentally made and her poor fellow earth bender had worked so hard upon before the sun that had set just behind the castle reappeared again and seemed to grow larger!. she did feel an insane boost in her fire bending ability but before she could even set off as much as a spark she found herself face first into some sand, coughing up and sputtering the stuff from her mouth and nose.

This time it was a quiet beach front greeting her sight with her pet at her side nudging her arms as if asking to be picked up to which she obliged and picked up the wolfbat pup. Then again a sudden bright flash unlike the green that had oh so rudely plucked her from her home and time period this was blinding white. Her wolfbat was no longer in her arms, rather on the ground by her feet as a whimpering mess. the poor thing was terrified.

Banging on the glass and shouting Xiao tried getting out of what ever confine she was in but to no avail she couldn't break this invisible material called bulletproof glass. Eventually the door opened and cold air rushed in, reminding her that she wasn't wearing her regular clothing anymore but rather she wore a weird long white garb like an air nomad but without the yellows and oranges... it was all simply white. Stepping out of the tube she looked around her surroundings. everything was made from metal or glass and had possessed windows showing scary images of HER?!? what kind of sick people would do that?!? she screamed mentally only to be brought back to reality as her senses began to return properly. a stinging pain in her left eye. she could barely even open it. In the mirror she was it blood still dripping down the side of her face. Looking around for some water she managed to find some condensate water on the glass surface of the tubes door. there was enough to make a water whip but she was more concerned about her eye. Bringing the water up to her face in a glop she submerged her eye and it began to glow blue as she attempted to heal what ever damage it was.

Unable to recognize any of the tools beyond a couple knives but no wounds cuts or scars so they weren't used on her... yet. Stumbling out of her room with the left side of her face covered by a palm and blue glowing water she came into the white corridor. Close behind her was her trusty per wolfbat pup. Seeing its owner back up and kicking reinvigorated his sense of security and safety so it moved around with much more confidence.

Kingpin shook his head. Pain was a distant memory for him - in fact, probably not even really a memory; as an Exo, he doesn't even really remember what pain felt like. But this, he figured, was what it was. It was the entire left side of his head, and his left "eyeball" doesn't work quite right. He stood up, fell to the ground, and managed to hoist himself up with the support of the cryotube.

The clothing was strange; something that Kingpin saw the civilians in the Tower wore on a regular basis, but often as some sort of archaic garments. Jumpsuits were all the craze nowadays. He looked around, and saw Anta coming to as well, her eye blinking open as she rapidly ascended up from the table.

"Guardian!" She whisper-screamed. "Are you alright?"

Kingpin shrugged. "Could be better. Heal?"

Anta nodded and floated over to him, casting her Light onto his face. "Best I could do. Still some damage there, but I can't..." She trailed off. "I think I only have limited access to the Light. I can't contact the ship, which means no armory save for the few guns I stored on me; I only have that one set of half-broken armour that you never got around to fixing; and... I don't think I can resurrect you."

Kingpin blinked, and nodded. His ocular receptor felt less weird now. "I can't remember anything. Where are the others?"

"No data on them." Anta answered. "It's like my memory got wiped, from when you suddenly stared into the distance up until... I can't tell. No location data either, nothing to go off of, no reference points. I can try interfacing with some stuff here-"

"No." Kingpin cut her off. "Too dangerous. Stay hidden, I'm moving out."

He pushed the door open as Anta dematerialized. The sterile hallway looked clear; he cautiously moved up, looking for any signs of life or anyone else here with him.

"Alright, fine, I'm awake." Alken peeled his face off of the floor, having fallen flat after being dumped from his tube. He was quick to begin his investigation; he could see a door opening across the hallway, and spotted his buddy rather quickly. Gaeira was in a similar state; having awoken moments before being shunted out into the waking world, he turned and put his shoulder underneath him. His head struck the floor with a sharp crack. Standing up, he inspected the room "...You alright?" Alken flinched sympathetically; even with their shared durability, being dropped temple-first onto a hard floor wasn't ideal.

"Where the hell am I?" Gaeira stood, spotting Alken through the open door. Observing the pod that had dropped them as he put the pieces together. The first thing he noticed was a distinct lack of weight on his body. Weapons and armor have been stolen; what a golden pain in the neck. The SOLDIER hissed, turning towards his colleague. "Someone got us; we were captured, apparently." Gaeira moved closer to the hallway, peeking out. eyes widened as Kingpin moved into the hall. "...Al, stay here. Run guard duty for us." Gaeira moved behind Kingpin, staying at a safe distance, but He was close enough to whisper to Kingpin; might as well converse. "Hey. Any idea what's going on here? Frankly, I've never seen anyone like you before, but we're in the same boat." The blue-haired supersoldier could tell from a quick glance that Kingpin was sentient; his motions were too natural to be generated by an AI. Even the full-body motioned controlled robots he'd locked arms with had telltale signs of automated thought.

As Gaeira acquainted himself with Kingpin, Alken moved to the table, squinting his glowing eyes at the tools thereon. He snatched up a suitable looking scalpel. "This'll do in a pinch, until my sword is back." Catching sight of Xiao and her fruit-bat, Alken smiled. "Relax, ma'am; I'm a professional." Alken swiped the scalpel in the air a few times before spinning the impliment and tucking it into his waistband, like a cowboy holstering a smoking gun. He presumed it made him look pretty cool.

Whether he looked cool or like a huge dork was open to interpretation.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Marcus Blackwood, Hunter Berserker - Unknown Cryogenics Lab -

After his Cryopod opened, Marcus was only just able to catch himself from hitting the ground face first in a stumbling three-point landing, shaking his head as his eyes adjusted, only to be met with pain from his left eye, able to see nothing but a red haze for it was bleeding. Marcus winced, taking a sharp breath, but he clenched his fist and decided to press on, forcing himself to his feet. Giving himself a once over, Marcus quickly discovered his unusual clothes and most of all: His lack of weapons and blood vials, which would heal his eye in short order had they not been confiscated.

"Damn..." He muttered to himself, taking a scalpel from the table near him before entering the hallway through the mysteriously opened door, peering out only to be met with some familiar sights.

"K-Kingpin...? Xiao? Alken and Gaeira, yes?" Marcus uttered, moving toward the forming group, noticing that they were wearing identical uniforms and were also plagued with a similar injury to their left eyes. "Are all of you all right?!" He went on, looking between all of them rapidly, out of breath due to his lethargy from resting in the Cryotube, but it would not ail him for too long.

"We need to get our equipment back...and then out of this wretched place. Someone has studied us, for what I cannot say, but I find it hard to care...does anyone have a plan?" Stated Marcus, after waiting for their replies to his previous question, huffing between sentences as he too tried to figure something out.

@BadJohn @Agent_Puncake @Raffia Kiryuin

Stumbling about the corridor Xiao used her whole ability to heal with water to her advantage as she treated anyone nearby. ""Finally somebody alone. Unlike the rest she dint take a weapon with her as she WAS the weapon. Healing Marcus's wounds with her glowing blue water she asked the man. "Just what the hell happened? i cant even Begin to understand."

as she spoke her pet despite its usually reserved position assaulted the two with continuous sniffs an and licks. Xiaos wolfbat seemed extremely excited to see other people but after its initial burst of action it calmed down and let xiao speak. "What in the world is going on... my head is about to explode." The avatar groaned as shes desperately trying to get her own bearings put together,

Last edited:
From the group, three others were missing, and two of which were beginning to wake up. The first being the red headed Rapier wielder herself. Like with the others, she would find herself on the floor, wearing white clothing as if you were a patient in a hospital, and like the others, her eye drew blood. Regaining her senses slowly, she winced in pain from how badly her eye hurt, covering it with her hand, only to notice some blood dripping out like tears. She let out a small gasp of surprise, and kept her eye closed to keep as little blood from spilling out as she could, though seeing out of it was useless. All she could see was black. It wasn't working at all.

The pod behind her drew Mitsuru's attention, as it floated above her, then retracted into the wall, disappearing through a tube around its size. The room was metal and cold, freezing really, and she even let out a shutter, with goosebumps popping along her skin. The worst part for her was seeing all the monitors. There were metal arms that had surgery equipment, and each holographic monitor showed off human body parts. Hers. She could see her name under them. Worried, she checked all over her body for any surgery markings or cuts she didn't know about. Thankfully nothing, but it didn't put her mind at ease. It was obvious to her this was a surgery room, and as much as she didn't like it, she had to admit she started having feelings of her childhood again.

Rooms like these were bad places in her mind. Bad memories best left buried by time. She couldn't keep them away though, as something suddenly popped up. Another hologram, this one of being of Minato. It was when she first met in, the lobby of the dorms when he first arrived there. It was from her perspective, with Yukari to her side. "What?..." She said aloud to herself. Why was this playing? Moving over to it, she could see there were clips in a playlist, each one being a memory of hers from her perspective. The last one though wasn't a memory, it was an actual recording of her head from a side angle, laying in what looked to be the chamber she fell out of.

Playing it was a mistake. What she witnessed... Was this.

So it seems the reason everyone's eye was bleeding was because they stuck a needle into them. That might've made Mitsuru freak out a little bit. The group could probably tell because she came running out of her room once the door opened, and ran into Petey Parker, the fantastic Spider-person....... Oh yeah, speaking of him.

He was the other person who woke up in a cold room like them. He groaned in pain as he felt his face hit the metal floor hard, and he felt like he was having a bad hangover. Though he barely ever drank, if at all, so at least now he had a good idea of what one felt like. Looking around the room, Peter was also confused by where he was. His memory was of seeing the city beginning to destroy itself, as that wave made him crash through the wall of a building. Though after that, it was all a bit foggy. He was barely able to keep conscious, feeling like his ribs were broken, but nothing seemed in pain now. His chest was fine, and checking it over, he noticed small scars along his sides, covered in skin colored bandages. If he never took them off, you'd never notice he had work done.

The holographic monitors popped up like like with Mitsuru, but Peter was able to see just what was added to him. Someone repaired his ribs; keeping them together with pins. Nice of them do that, though he was skeptical of whoever operated on him. Mainly because, as you might've realized, his eye was bleeding and he couldn't see out of it. The door opened, and he walked over; poking his head out to see if anyone was around.

Down the hall was Xiao, Alken, Gaeira, Marcus and Kingpin. He was about to call out to them, standing in the middle of the hall, when Mitsuru suddenly rushed from her room as the door opened. His spider-sense went crazy before she ran into him, so he dodged her before she accidentally tackled him to the ground, but that didn't stop her from tripping and falling into the wall by her shoulder. "Woah!" He quickly shouted out as Mitsuru hit the wall, crouching down to check on her. "You okay?" He asked quickly, checking the shoulder. She was breathing quickly and seemed frantic; trying to calm herself down, but unable to do so. "Heyheyheyhey, look at me, look at me," Peter told her, trying to make the red head focus on him. "You're okay, alright? You're with me. If you can, try taking a deep breath."

After a couple seconds, she managed to slow her breathing down, taking deeper breaths. She was still unnerved by what she witnessed, and she could feel every part of her body shake, but she was in the company of others, and she was too proud to stay down. Pushing Peter away slightly, once she got her breath back, she told him, "Thank you. I'll be fine now." She sounded like she didn't want to admit that, but Peter looked nervous. "Do you know where we are?"

"No, I just woke up a few minutes ago."

"Did they also do something to you?"

"Yeah, I think they repaired my ribs, though I don't know about my eye."

With a sigh, Mitsuru started to explain. "They.... they stuck a needle into it. Through the pupil. I think they used it to extract memories. I found some of mine recorded on one of the monitors." Again, she winced from the pain, keeping her hand over her eye, while Peter simply kept his closed.

Everyone's eye was bleeding. If they extracted memories from them using that needle, what were they looking for? Peter already felt precautions about how they ended up here, now he was feeling just as unnerved as Mitsuru. "Look, we need to find a way out of here. If the people who did this to us are still here, then they'll see--"

Before Mitsuru could finish, something interrupted her. Speakers began to play a song, and it was an odd song for their current situation:

The door at the end of the hall opened up. When they all walked through it, they were meet with a massive lobby, again as if they were in a hospital.

c609c1879d23ecd026f4be9b0c90c1f3.jpg

Nothing but the song echoed, before a voice spoke over it on the speakers. "Oi! Can you hear me?" It was an Australian voice. "Listen, they know you're awake, and they're gonna send troops to get you. If you follow what I say, I can get you to your equipment, but don't try to fighting them at all even when you have your stuff back, these things are tough, and none of your weapons can even put a dent in their armor."

"Wait-wait, where are we?" Peter spoke aloud.

"I'll tell you when you're safe, just go!" It was best to listen to the man. Though it was already too late, because halfway down the corridor to the big door, it suddenly opened, revealing these guys

ee7a7eebb42c7ef8974f3016dfedcd41.jpg

And they had guns.

f2868a4cb1a06364559eb43fc118badb.jpg

And they were firing right at the group when they saw them.

"Shit! Go back, go back, I'll try cutting them off!" Running back into a small hallway to their rooms, the door behind them shut. "Keep going down the hall and to the left, that'll take you straight to the other wards!" The hallway stayed cramped, with everyone in the group running in single file from how tight the space was. Peter was the one in front, moving the fastest, with Mitsuru behind him, and when arriving in the wards, they were met with a wall of cryochambers. Above and below them seemed like hundreds, with the platform they were on somewhere between the massive rows of them.

The robots were quickly behind them, and if they didn't run, they'd be good as dead. The longer they ran, the bigger the robot soldiers seemed to get, with the voice yelling, "Get to the elevator, it's just at the end of the platform!" With green plasma bullets raining past them, the elevator doors thankfully opened, and once everyone was inside, the doors closed. "Take it up to the floor above, it'll lead you to your things."

Music. Creepy and weird it came from everywhere but nowhere at once. She saw no musicians anywhere yet the music was there, clear as day as if she was on the stage right next to the performers. Preparing to bend just in case this was some enemy approaching a voice spoke up, starling her quite a bit. She was from an era where even electricity wasn't a known thing outside of lightning. By now at least she had healed her eye to keep it open and not bleed but it wasn't healed enough to actually let her see through it.

Then the door opened and forth came a flood of metal men. Shot after shot came in but her being the closest to the door she did her darndest to deflect them with powerful gusts of winds until the door slammed shut and the voice prompted them to run in a different direction. all the while they were running she was desperately looking for earth to bend but there was nothing what so ever just metal as far as the eye could see or her seismic sense could let her feel her way around. She did feel massive amounts of movements everywhere almost as if this entire facility was one giant breathing machine. Running through a tight corridor she blew an intense gust of wind back down it to send the machines crashing into each other and cause confusion. Luckily she finally reached an elevator and quickly dove in right as the door was closing shut.

"What in the world is this place... Ive never seen so much metal in one place. And what are those iron men chasing us..." She asked to nobody in particular as she struggled to comprehend just what was going on. "Just why are they even doing this..." She punched the elevator wall out of frustration only to dent it and leave a fist shaped mark in it. Though something surprising happened, or rather didn't happen. She wasn't in pain from the punch. it was like the wall gave way to her.

Kingpin turned and began a mad dash down the hallway. He's no stranger to retreat - sorry, tactical re-positioning - but the lack of gear was still very much disorienting to him. Here he is, running down an alien hallway with half a dozen others he barely knew, getting shot at by... something. They weren't Exos, and definitely weren't Vex. So what the fuck?

Reaching the elevator, Kingpin spared a look around before heading inside. Once he made sure it was clear, and everyone else began to file in, Anta re-appeared. "I'd try healing everyone here, but none of them are touched by Light. I can't do anything." She sighed, frustrated. Kingpin, however, was thinking about something completely different.

"Give me a gun. The best one."

A scrappy-looking hand cannon appeared in his hand. Kingpin glanced at it as he spun it around, feeling its weight and hearing some part of it clacking as if coming apart. "Why do you have this?"

His Ghost shrugged by spreading two pieces of her outer shell briefly. "I dunno. You got it off some Cabal, like, a few weeks ago. I don't think you bothered with dismantling it. Not a lot of ammo, by the way. Maybe fifty shots."

"If the information is to be trusted, it wouldn't matter anyway." The Titan tucked the gun into his waistband as he looked around. "Everyone," he gestured to everyone around him. "We have to assume that they will try to ambush us when this elevator stops. Thus, we need to have a plan."

The avatar perked up when healing was mentioned and drew in water from the moisture in the air and even peoples swat. Separating out the impurities making the water practically sterile she spoke up. "I can heal them....uuuhm strange metal spirit." Pointing at her own eye that was healed already she continued. "Im a healer but it will take a while to fix a wound like that to the eye."

As she spoke the water wrapped around her palms and divided in two. One of her palms she replaced upon her own eye to finish her healing so she could see out of the eye and the other blue glowing water covered palm was offered to the others. Who ever felt brave enough to trust her on the whole healing part.

Connor RK-800

Connor woke up last and lagged out last, being slightly slow due to the fact that losing his essential blue blood made everything run slower. He had taken time to look at the clothes he had been wearing and working towards ripping a small piece off of it and wrapped it around his leaking eye to prevent the loss of his blood. This meant that he was one of the last out and had to move even faster.

He barely made it into the elevators with the rest of the group, looking at everyone and looking at them before he decided he was going to speak. " This situation seems less than ideal. Those robots do not seem to be the benevolent kind. We should grab whatever we can and try to get out of here. I am not sure how useful I will be with only one eye as I cannot lose much more of my blood without great damage to my hardware system. As for a plan, I suggest that we try our best to stay out of their line of sight and go around them. If the worse things happen, then we fight them. I hope it doesn't come to that."

Alken de la Vaettir & Gaeira Indiana

"This is fucked..." Gaeira hissed as he rushed along, clutching his eye. "Captured us, sicced robots on us, damaged my beautiful face..." Gaeira shot a glare at Alken, expecting a snide comment.

"I ain't debating that. Your face was, and remains sorta beautiful man." In spite of it all, Alken remained calm. Robots were nothing new to him; he even commanded several squads of the Roboguard, as did Gaeira. "Go easy bro. We'll make it. Besides, that song was pretty good. Since it doesn't exist on my world, maybe I can get Kydo to help me produce it and make some money on the side."

"That's fucking cheating and you know it!" Screaming at Alken mid-run, Gaeira was eager to give someone a tongue lashing. If it wasn't the one who kidnapped and operated on them, he supposed it ought to be a friend. "And what the hell; YOUR world? It's OUR world, you tit!"

"What's with the anger, Gaeira?"

"BECAUSE THIS IS FUCKED. This never happens. It's bizarre and terrifying!"

"Fair point, but we'll make it. And we'll have such beautiful revenges on whoever did this." Alken smiled fondly.

"We both know that getting poked in the eye is a very sore spot for me. Anything with eyes doesn't like that, but I particularly don't like people poking my eyes. I stabbed my dad in the eye, remember? And people call me 'Eagle Eye Gaeira!' My awesome blue eyes are my whole schtick!"

"...Yeah, sorry. I was being inconsiderate." Alken partially wanted to end the discussion, but he was also genuinely sorry. "It'll heal, dude. No worries. My healing magic is weak, but we've got that girl with the water trick." The SOLDIER clenched his fist, looking back. "...I agree with Mister Connor. We should consider fighting it out."

"Don't try it. That strange-sounding gentleman was very clear about not fighting them."

"Does he know we have super strength? Maybe he thinks we can't take 'em because normal humans can't t-" Gaeira harshly shushed Alken in the middle of his statement. "Fine. You're right. I'll listen to the guy. Less talk, more running."

When they reached the elevator, the two SOLDIERs breathed a sigh of relief.

Gaeira turned towards Xiao, giving the Avatar a slightly manic but hopeful and convivial. "Miss, if you could heal my eye now, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just consider me first in line to test your water...magics...?" Gaeira was deeply confused by her ability to manipulate water without Materia, but didn't have time to question it. Did we just locate a Cetra?? That's actual magic.

"Hey Gaeira, is that lady using magic?" Alken side-eyed Xiao, looking between her and the healing water.

"Yeah."

"Without Mater-"

"YES. I don't see or sense any Materia on her person."

"...This is fucked. Is she a Cetra...?"

"As long as she fixes my eye, I could care less." Gaeira smiled at Xiao, leaning forward and painfully peeling open his damaged eye. "Heal please."

"...If it works on him, me next." Alken tugged his white collar nervously. "If it shrinks his head, or turns him into a frog...I'm good."

Watching the duo converse about stealing some music and selling it on their world Xiao was more than just simply confused. Atleast her eye was now fixed and she was able to pull the hand healing her own eye away to offer the help to somebody else. "I don't know what this so called magic is But the act of bending relies on physical hand and leg movements. Being the avatar i can master all four elements while others are stuck with just one." She explained

Placing her arm upon the really painful looking eye she concentrated and suddenly went into the avatar state as both of her own eyes suddenly glowed white. "Dont worry its safe." Xiao said with a thousand voices as the water soon followed suite and glowed blue. Using the avatar state she was trying to speed up the healing process and Gaeira could immediately felt he pain go away as a soothing feeling washed over the area. Not long before she pulled her hand away and the eye being back to normal she once again pulled out the impurities from the water. "See i told you... now who's next?"

While the avatar was busy on healing herself her pet wolfbat approached Alken and sniffed him with interest before letting out a happy bark. Standing up on its hind legs it tried to get the mans attention and maybe get a couple headpats.
OmGeFQx.png
((Just in case youre wondering what a wolfbat is. hers is still a puppy))

- Marcus Blackwood, Hunter Berserker - Unknown Facility, Robot Ambush -

The mystery voice was hardly comforting in such an alien environment, particularly due to the lack of any reason to trust him, but it didn't compare to the sudden appearance of metallic men with firearms that seemingly fired light from their barrels. Marcus took off running with the others, his scalpel would do him no favors against those without flesh, but just before they got to the elevator, Marcus soon learned that these bright lights weren't just for show, when one of them flew straight past his upper right arm, burning off the sleeve and singing his skin badly. He was able to get into the lift just before the doors closed, but he was left clutching at his wounded arm in confusion and pain.

"Whatever this 'Light' you describe is, floating eye, I could use it..."
Marcus snarked despite his agony to Kingpin's Ghost, taking deep breaths to abate the pain of both his pierced eye and now singed upper arm. Xiao's offering of healing did not go unheard, though the Hunter had something else to voice. "Don't overexert yourself, Xiao...in a situation as perilous as, this...we need to all be as able and aware as possible. That being said, I could use some healing, please." The last thing Marcus wanted was anyone to fall behind and suffer further at the hands of their captors or worse yet, whatever those mechanical abominations were and what they had in store, hence his concern prior to requesting healing.

@Agent_Puncake @Raffia Kiryuin

With Marcus coming up and asking for some healing Xiao took care of the burn up arm while saying. "I dont know how those metal men can fire bend without moving but i have never seen green fire before." She spoke while healing up the burn. Once again pulling out the contaminants she sterilized the water so it was ready to heal his eye.

Pleacing her palm upon his face where the eye is she began to heal him at the same time as Gaeira. "No need to worry about me. Healing doesn't take much if any physical energy." Her eyes were still glowing white, meaning she was sustaining avatar state for quite a while now.
@Nero Kunivas @BadJohn (John your reply is above neros post)

Gaeira blinked, looking back and forth for a moment. After testing his vision, he smiled. "Much obliged, ma'am! I'd advise you to heal Alken as well; while losing an eye won't inconvenience him as much, I'd like for him to be fully combat ready."

...So, she comes from a world where spiritualism is real. The glow in her eyes reminds me of a SOLDIER's, but it's likely different. Gaeira rubbed his chin as he looked at Xiao. Interesting indeed. So she has four distinct elements that she can manipulate at will; does she require those elements to be present? He'd keenly observed before; she used the sweat on the group's skin and the moisture in the air. I suppose I'll learn through observation; things are more interesting that way. What matters is that we have a reliable healer, and decent battle-power.

At first, Alken leaned away from the wolfbat, considering shooing it away with his foot. However, its endearing little bark and the way it regarded him so hopefully won him over in seconds. "Aaaaaaaw. Cute li'l guy." Leaning down, he stroked the little wolfbat pup's head. "Who's ready to help me find my weapons and armor to escape from this creepy laboratory? You are; yes you are~." He didn't care quite as much about having his eye healed; he was more concerned with the simple pleasure of interacting with a friendly pet.

While stroking the wolfbat's head, he ruminated on what needed to be done here. "I don't mean to sound cruel or dramatic, but there's something that needs to be addressed. I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not a malevolent person; I've simply been left with no other choice in this matter." Alken had worked with local militias and vigilantes alike when their interests aligned with his; some were moral crusaders fighting back against crime syndicates. Some were just honest men and women who wanted to make the world a better place.

Usually, when the concept of death-dealing emerged, there was at least one objector; if Xiao, Peter, or Marcus intended to stay his hand, he needed to know in advance. "Whoever captured us has clearly upset me." Having a stranger operate on him and peer into his mind was a red fucking line in Alken's opinion; he felt his blood boil just thinking of it. Although he hadn't lost his cool the way Gaeira had, the concept burned him so deeply that he didn't want to discuss it in detail. "Less personally, they've likely stolen Shinra military secrets. Even the construction of my weapons and armor is meant to remain classified. My recent knowledge and memory of troop movements and military policies could cost lives if these people decided to invade my world." With a light sigh, Alken looked down, still patting the wolfbat.

"Unless they're rendered helpless or surrender, I intend to kill the parties that we're opposing on sight." Alken snapped his fingers. "Like that. I'm not being hyperbolic. Given the opportunity, I will close the distance and eliminate them quickly and humanely. Likely a blow to the skull. If anyone has a valid reason why I shouldn't, I'll hear and consider it now, but be warned; attempting to hinder me will only give our enemy a chance to do something worse than what they've already done."

Gaeira shrugged. Well put, I guess.

"...There could be benefits to capturing whoever this is alive, but I'm mostly with Alken on that. If anyone here is too soft-hearted to consider lethal combat, consider this; our enemy is too dangerous to be left alive. They captured us instantly. They have medical technology and fully equipped battle-droids with armor that, according to our friend's testimony, is too strong for us to challenge fairly. That's the simple fact of the matter; if we let the bad guys live, they'll fuck us up. Survival, baby." Gaeira walked to a wall of the elevator, leaning back against it to relax for a moment. "As long as we're on this elevator, we might as well sort out this party's policy on putting down mad scientists. Does anyone not want to kill the people who did this to us? I sure do."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nonono," Peter was quick to chime in on this issue. "We're not killing. Look, I understand you're worried about whoever's taken us hostage has information on your home-world's defenses, but I won't allow you to kill in cold blood because of it. There are ways of removing them without need of ending their life, we aren't the judge of that decision. I may be alone on that, but how are we gonna seem better from whoever's behind this if we resort to the same tactics they use?" Fear, manipulation and torture. It's a routine with these guys to make those they've hurt want to hurt them back. Sometimes emotion gets in the way of logic, and for Peter, it's something he's gone through plenty of times before.

He was hopeful though that he wouldn't be alone in his thought process. "Spoken like a true hero." A voice echoed from the speakers. It wasn't the Australian voice they heard before. This was one was deep and husky, almost unnerving in its calmness. The mystery man behind their kidnapping was making himself known. "Ben would be proud." That name rang loudly in Peter's head.

If they took memories from all of them, then it was no surprise that whoever this was knew of Ben. "If you're gonna try playing games with us, I doubt it'll work. You aren't the first person to try messing around with me."

"Believe me, I want nothing more than to pick at your brain and see what makes you tick. It's why I'll try making sure to take you all alive again. But, if push comes to shove, I'll be glad to perform autopsies on your corpses instead."

The elevator suddenly stopped, and the doors opened, with the Australian voice finally coming back. "Shit! He's figured out I'm in his systems, get to the end of the hall and take a left! Go through whatever room it is, that'l take your straight to your gear from there!" Following his instructions, the group would find themselves in the oddest of locations. It seemed they were in, of all places, a street.

maxresdefault.jpg

It was clearly Victorian era, as all the people were walking about dressed in old fashion clothing, but the city itself was covered in futuristic steampunk like technology. The rain felt real, but everyone passing by them wouldn't answer back if someone called out to them. "Whoa." Peter said, looking around at the city. The door closed behind them, and there was no way of opening it up again. "Must be a hologram city, but.... Why this?"

"While im not supposed to kill anyone... these guys are too dangerous. I cant take their bending away so killing just might be the only way to stop them for good." The avatar for once agreed with somebody about killing a bad guy. Back in her world when a baddie lost their bending it was all over for them but here it was different. she saw the metal men shooting fire hotter than anything she had ever seen. even a dragon couldn't make fire that hot.

Finishing up with Gaeira and Marcus's healing she moved over to Alken and began to deal with his eye too and just about as she was done somebody spoke up. once again that vice came from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. "You will not get away with this... im sure youve heard it a hundred times but nobody messes with the avatar!" Xiao wasnt sure if he could hear her or not but she spoke nevertheless.

The the elevator stopped and the door opened to reveal a city. it had so much metal brick and even water! The exact thing she needed, materials to bend and cause some real havoc. But of course when she tried to bend anything she just looked silly by waving her arms and stomping on the ground to try and get the rocks to budge or water to gather around her. "None of this stuff is real..." She sighed and looked at the others who no doubt were laughing themselves to death.

- Marcus Blackwood, Hunter Berserker - Unknown Facility, Elevator to Victorian Simulation -

"It's not a matter of being, better than our adversaries...in a place like this, the moral high ground is irrelevant and ultimately will do us no favours." Marcus was quick to chime in against Peter's squeamishness regarding murdering their captors, after his healing from Xiao, he was able to relax a little just before Peter's words, in fact his protests caused Marcus's red irises to glow a little, indicating he was 'Perturbed'.

"If you don't want to kill them, you don't have to...but you won't stop me from making them pay. They incarcerated us, stolen our most precious memories or even valuable information and now wish to kill us too. They will not show you the mercy you wish to give them. When either yourself or one of us are against the wall, I expect you to do whatever is necessary to deal with the aggressor and if you cannot incapacitate them, then you know what must be done...otherwise, you'll have either our blood on your hands, or you will be killed yourself. Do you understand, Peter?" The Hunter explained curtly and honestly, though it was in Peter's best interests, not wanting pacifism to be the death of him or any of his allies.

It was then that the elevator doors opened and aside from an unknown voice taunting them and the Australian guide returning to help them, Marcus and company followed the next set of instructions and found themselves in a place strangely familiar to Marcus in particular.

"Huh...reminds me of Yharnam..." He muttered aloud, but an attempt to catch the attention of a bystander resulted in total failure as his hand phased through them, leaving him to look upon said hand in interest. "It's an illusion, a construct...we need to find a way out of this place, now!" He called out, looking around for another exit.

Waking up to familiar scenery frightened her, when she never thought she would ever see them again.
The question of how she even got there never occurred. The memories themselves where overwhelming enough to push such questions into the back of her mind.
The familiar buildings of the city Bristol, the clothes even the damn people.

Her world. Her home.

Every detail just like she remembered it. Even her own clothes, the daily wear she had worn back...then.

Alicia grasped for her chest, trying to breathe. Images flashing in her mind. "haa i can't"

She gritted her teeth as the view grew blurry. "Someone I can't..." She curled up on the side-street each breath a painful short thing. "not again, i can't not this"