The Evrensel Conflict -- Seen Better Days: Chapter 1 Epilogue

Alken and Gaeira

"...I respect your opinion, and will consider alternatives." Alken left it at that, deciding not to fight with or antagonize Peter; it seemed his side of the argument had more support, but he did have genuine reverence for Peter's insistence on non-lethal force. Gaeira simply shrugged, not particularly caring for Parker's input.

The shift in scenery and the orders from their Australian benefactor made the SOLDIERs immediately scramble to get their bearings. "Weird city."

Hearing a plaintive cry for help, Alken turned, noticing Alicia. Rushing over, he visually assessed her for a moment. "Hello. I'm the help." Alken quickly but gently hauled Alicia onto his shoulder. "Don't panic, ma'am. We're sorting this whole thing out as we speak."

"Yep. It's a fake city; like a big training program." Gaeira chortled at the Avatar attempting to bend simulated landscapes. "Her attempts all but confirm that. The question is, is it simply overlayed, or have our surroundings actually grown?" Gaeira pointed, starting towards the other end of the hologram city. "Let's just hustle! How far is the end of the hall relative to this city? We'll either slam into a wall, or end up having to walk an entire city."

Alken shrugged and followed Gaeira, going straight. Carrying Alicia along, he sighed. "Let me know when you're ready to walk, stranger."

Reactions: LenxKaitoYaoi
Even with some forewarning that this person was the help. Being suddenly hoisted up on a shoulder would get most people to freak out a bit.
He did not seem like a person from her own world and people around them didn't react. "I don't..." she paused confused and teary eyed "who are you?" A quick glance showed not reaction from their surrounding locals which was strange as this would be considered outrageous behaviour.
"wait who are we?"
It is quite a good thing sometimes to have military background. rigorous training allowing the mind to automatically work to assess a situation even if one is about to fall apart from emotional trauma and pain.
Then she heard other voices talk.
"I am not sure if i can...." She paused and swallowed, wiping at her face. "I don't know if i can walk but i would like to give it a try or at least ask to be carried differently."

@BadJohn

Kingpin kept silent throughout the debate, although he silently shook his head when Alken mentioned killing. The Titan shared a knowing glance with Anta. If only they knew...

When the elevator stopped and they stepped out into the simulated city, even Anta was taken aback. "This is... a whole different level." She breathed. "This is real without being real; simulated truths less stable and, I assume, less convincing than that of the Vex, but this is... wow. Holograms on such a large and authentic scale! We-"

"We don't have time for this." Kingpin snapped. Pulling the hand cannon out from his waistband, he stepped in front of the group. "Everyone. Including you, ma'am." He nodded at the newcomer. "This is obviously a ploy to distract us and slow us down. I suggest we move quickly before the enemy catches up with us, or flanks us from an unknown direction. I will take the lead, and we must move swiftly. Please get ready to move." He's never been one to assert control over situation, not with a Fireteam of fellow Guardians and certainly never with mortal - or, in this case, questionably mortal - civilians, but he hoped it would work. Who knows what dumb stuff they might decide to do?

The strangest thing about this whole situation was the music was still playing. It was on the latter half, with the guitar rift echoing all around them, even as the crowd of people walking past didn't even flinch to it. Yet, as if on cue, with Alken carrying Alicia, and Kingpin ready to leave this place, the song suddenly faded away, and all that was left was the noise of raindrops hitting the ground. Then, slowly, another noise started to echo. These were screams. Lot's of them. Building up from far down the road they were standing in the middle of. Before long, people started running in the opposite direction. They were jolting past them, running as fast as possible, with the busy street now turning into a massive mob of civilians trying to escape whatever was approaching. They all shifted around the group, never running into them, making a small circle of space. There were too many people to see in front what was coming up, they could start to hear it after a couple minutes. It sounded like a tank. Several, in fact.

91accc6f2b892683cf1a02c4ae3bbbdf.jpg

Three tanks were slowly coming down the large road, and behind them were the same robot soldiers they faced on the upper levels only minutes ago. They weren't firing, though their weapons were aimed right at the mass crowd. It was like they were guiding them. The other side of the road and any allyways that could be used for escape were closed off, as massive one green walls rose up from the ground to trap everyone fleeing. Those who made it to the other side before the walls were erected kept on running, but the mass crowd was now trapped in a corner.

The tanks and soldier continuing aiming at the crowd, and when a few brave fellows tried throwing a rock, or a shoe at them, the robots stayed in position to fire, unflinching by the objects if they hit. They just stood there in position, ignoring the group, and focused mainly on the crowd. This was some sort of flashback. The robots were analyzing the crowd for something, and after a minute of searching, their weapons, which glowed that same neon green at the rims of their barrels, fired. An orchestra of deafening gunfire went off around the group, with the tanks heavy rifles along the sides joining the troops in massacring the crowd.

giphy.gif

It lasted only a few minutes, though it sure felt like hours, as when it stopped, the heroes had loud ringing in their ears. When they looked up, the sky was glowing red with fire, with the buildings that were once brimming with life, now heaps of brick and debris, the street covered in massive potholes, and far off in the distance, more gunfire. It was way too similar to the planet they were on before. Only this time it wasn't demons invading. "You were better off leaving the girl behind." Said the voice that had spoken to them, the more menacing one, not the helpful one. Right behind them was the body housing said voice, and his appearance was..... Probably not what anyone was expecting.

a_r__by_yourtrueking98_dbvslu5 (1).jpg

"What the hell?..." Peter spoke up softly, though the menacing pentagon-headed being heard him.

"I realize it's a bit on the nose, evil cackling villain, dressed up in a suit and tie, menacing smile and glowing red eyes. All I'm missing is a twirly mustache and top hat." He referenced for his look. "But I enjoy the theatrics of my work, I never have enough people around to admire it." He spoke with his hands behind his back, standing straight up and even so businessman like, even with the chaotic landscape they were in.

"Guessing you're the reason we're here."

"Ever the brilliant man Ben believed you to be, Peter."

"You also brought us to that planet with the demons on it too?"

"Not me personally, but I was a factor in it."

"And you'll explain to us why we were brought there?"

The being chuckled. "Must I truly devolve into these mental cliches you're trying to project onto me?"

"You aren't making it hard for us."

"Oh, come now, we just met, and already you insult my personality!" He said in a playful tone. "I give you a grand experience of seeing my work firsthand, in my own home, mind you, and you repay me with petty comeback lines? I was hoping one of you would try charging at me, give it the college try and tackle me to the ground." He was clearly goading Gaeira and Alken. Though Peter already figured there must've been a reason this guy was out in the open.

He had a plan, a trap of some sort, he wanted them to attack. If this was a massive simulation, why appear here and now? Why not split them up?​

Last edited:
"I'm Alken de la Vaettir; SOLDIER, Second Class. Just think of me as a knight. We're going to get my sword and everyone else's so we can leave this place, and I can put you back wherever you're supposed to be."

Gaeira rolled his eyes. "How sweet; sweet enough to give a man a cavity. Meanwhile, in the real world..."

"Shut it, Gaeira. Your bedside manner is lousy." Alken rolled his eyes at Gaeira, setting the young woman down. "Look, it doesn't matter what you 'can't' or 'don't'; just know that I have this well in hand, and be ready to run. If it looks like you're falling behind, I'm gonna have to pick you up agai-"

"Just don't overpromise, Vaettir; getting out of here will be hard enough; we have no idea how to return some girl to her home dimension. When the crowd started running past in a panic, Gaeira deadpanned. "Oh what the fuck is this." When the crowd moved around him, he shrugged his shoulders. "Fair enough." When the crowd was massacred, Gaeira instinctively turned towards Alken.

"Murdering automatons..." The dark skinned young man was seething with barely contained rage. "I'LL SMASH ALL OF YOU LIKE TIN CA-"

"AL. Relax. It's a simulation. This isn't real, brother. Those people aren't real." Gaeira held Alken back from rushing towards the robots; for a moment, it was a genuine struggle. "THEY AREN'T REAL. CALM DOWN." Alken relaxed, taking a breath. "It's fiction. A light show. Like a simulation room; all smoke and mirrors."

When the stranger with the blackened face and red eyes approached and started a dialogue with Peter, Alken and Gaeira stood their ground, leering at the stranger. When the polygon-headed villain goaded the two, Alken snarled and stepped forward.

"You dare challenge me? I could pull your head off in an instant, noseless cretin." As he spoke, he stepped defensively in front of Alicia. In all likelihood, he's not real. On the off chance he is, killing him now may not be wise. I'll let Gaeira work him for information. Regardless of his decision to stand down, Alken tightened his hands, leering at the strange android. "Mock me to your heart's content; the only reason I haven't put you down is because Peter's sensibilities wouldn't allow it."

"Stranger, I'm a working man; not a hero of justice who intends to stop you on principle." Gaeira smiled as he took a few slow steps to the side, putting his hands behind the back of his head in a relaxed manner. "As you're aware, my colleague and I serve the most dangerous and powerful military on our world. You seem like a man who loves exposition; what is your aim in all this? If it's something other than just harassing us, then maybe we can make a deal. You'll get far more value from us if you at least make us an offer." Gaeira smiled, outstretching his hands. "You've got all the power here; speak, and I'll listen to what you have to say. I ask only for my safety, and the safety of my party here. So, can we make a deal?"

Gaeira was lying through his teeth. As he spoke, he carefully observed the strange creature, eyes flickering between his mouth and feet. It's hard to tell what he is, but he wouldn't be stupid enough to approach us without a trump card. Gaeira tilted his head, his glowing eyes dilating as he focused on the creature's posture, waiting for some move to be made. He listened intently, waiting for a shift in resolution that might tip him off to the reality or fiction of the stranger. This place is well made; I can't tell any physical difference or similarity between this critter, us, and the simulated civilians. If those robots with their rifles are the genuine article, we're already in a very bad situation...

"Stay behind me." Alken glanced down at Alicia, warning her in a low voice. He glanced towards Peter, torquing his jaw. If an opportunity arises, would Peter have reservations about killing this thing? Who's to say it even lives as we do? Its skin is metal and its eyes are fucking glowing. Alken mentally facepalmed. ...Well, my eyes glow too, I guess. And Kingpin's skin is metal. I guess that's a bad reason to put this thing out of my misery.

With no ways to bend any of the material here for some reason Xiao Gathered up all of the real water she could get her hands upon and bottled it for later. "Looks lime im relying on air..." She said slightly disappointedly.

Moving on she heard a gunshot and every single one of these people suddenly scattered, going in the opposite direction quickly followed by those robots again. Not wanting to deal with the green fire again she used air to blast the robots the came at her off to the sides but they didnt attack... just getting up to their feet they continued on to massacre the crowd which she had deduced was not real just like everything else that was in this room.

Then came the creepy bastard. a pentagon headed freak of nature that seemed to have scared her pet as it bounded behind her, seeking protection. Being not too far from him she had a clear shot at him with her air if they decided to fight. "Lets just get out of here while we still can."

Alicia's face when put down was blank. Little notion was given of hearing Alken. While his brute approach had given slight reprieve from the shock. The scene that took place removed all senses from her. Everything else just replayed in her haggard eyes over and over and over. She stared at the bodies while tears streamed down her cheeks.

She had not been on site when they hit the planets. Instead they had been of world noticing and trying to react to other threats just when they thought they had managed to avoid another one. And then everything had begun to fall apart, the defeat of the fleet.
The attempts to pull out of battle... Trying to abandon ship...Her friends.. Flashes from when their ship tore open and Jake threw her into the escape pod.
Her unsteady frame swayed and when screams echoed along the sound of shots throughout the city.

She hunched and covered her ears.
"JUST MAKE IT STOP I DON'T WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS AGAIN!!"
She rocked back and forth grinding her palms hard against her ears.

"just make it stop, please make it stop, make it stop make it stop aaaaaaaaaaahhhh maaaakeee iiiiit stooop!"

A wail began echoing out as if attempting to drown out the sounds from the distance.

Connor RK-800

Connor wasn't sure what to make of the situation that he was in... but the strange figure that was taunting him seemed to be the closest thing to a robot that he had encountered. Sure, the androids that had captured them were robots, but he hadn't an opportunity to do what he wanted before something bad had happened. He would walk over to the strange taunting man and without saying a word, would attempt to interface with him by touching his hand. Maybe he would get answers this way. What was the worst that could happen?

@AIM Leader Wade

"I'm Alken de la Vaettir; SOLDIER, Second Class. Just think of me as a knight. We're going to get my sword and everyone else's so we can leave this place, and I can put you back wherever you're supposed to be."

Gaeira rolled his eyes. "How sweet; sweet enough to give a man a cavity. Meanwhile, in the real world..."

"Shut it, Gaeira. Your bedside manner is lousy." Alken rolled his eyes at Gaeira, setting the young woman down. "Look, it doesn't matter what you 'can't' or 'don't'; just know that I have this well in hand, and be ready to run. If it looks like you're falling behind, I'm gonna have to pick you up agai-"

"Just don't overpromise, Vaettir; getting out of here will be hard enough; we have no idea how to return some girl to her home dimension. When the crowd started running past in a panic, Gaeira deadpanned. "Oh what the fuck is this." When the crowd moved around him, he shrugged his shoulders. "Fair enough." When the crowd was massacred, Gaeira instinctively turned towards Alken.

"Murdering automatons..." The dark skinned young man was seething with barely contained rage. "I'LL SMASH ALL OF YOU LIKE TIN CA-"

"AL. Relax. It's a simulation. This isn't real, brother. Those people aren't real." Gaeira held Alken back from rushing towards the robots; for a moment, it was a genuine struggle. "THEY AREN'T REAL. CALM DOWN." Alken relaxed, taking a breath. "It's fiction. A light show. Like a simulation room; all smoke and mirrors."

When the stranger with the blackened face and red eyes approached and started a dialogue with Peter, Alken and Gaeira stood their ground, leering at the stranger. When the polygon-headed villain goaded the two, Alken snarled and stepped forward.

"You dare challenge me? I could pull your head off in an instant, noseless cretin." As he spoke, he stepped defensively in front of Alicia. In all likelihood, he's not real. On the off chance he is, killing him now may not be wise. I'll let Gaeira work him for information. Regardless of his decision to stand down, Alken tightened his hands, leering at the strange android. "Mock me to your heart's content; the only reason I haven't put you down is because Peter's sensibilities wouldn't allow it."

"Stranger, I'm a working man; not a hero of justice who intends to stop you on principle." Gaeira smiled as he took a few slow steps to the side, putting his hands behind the back of his head in a relaxed manner. "As you're aware, my colleague and I serve the most dangerous and powerful military on our world. You seem like a man who loves exposition; what is your aim in all this? If it's something other than just harassing us, then maybe we can make a deal. You'll get far more value from us if you at least make us an offer." Gaeira smiled, outstretching his hands. "You've got all the power here; speak, and I'll listen to what you have to say. I ask only for my safety, and the safety of my party here. So, can we make a deal?"

Gaeira was lying through his teeth. As he spoke, he carefully observed the strange creature, eyes flickering between his mouth and feet. It's hard to tell what he is, but he wouldn't be stupid enough to approach us without a trump card. Gaeira tilted his head, his glowing eyes dilating as he focused on the creature's posture, waiting for some move to be made. He listened intently, waiting for a shift in resolution that might tip him off to the reality or fiction of the stranger. This place is well made; I can't tell any physical difference or similarity between this critter, us, and the simulated civilians. If those robots with their rifles are the genuine article, we're already in a very bad situation...

"Stay behind me." Alken glanced down at Alicia, warning her in a low voice. He glanced towards Peter, torquing his jaw. If an opportunity arises, would Peter have reservations about killing this thing? Who's to say it even lives as we do? Its skin is metal and its eyes are fucking glowing. Alken mentally facepalmed. ...Well, my eyes glow too, I guess. And Kingpin's skin is metal. I guess that's a bad reason to put this thing out of my misery.

The machine smiled, with hands behind his back. "I love the fact that you say, 'Let's make a deal,' even though you're in no position to do that, nor have anything real to offer. Rather bold of you, sir, I applaud such thinking." He gave a sarcastic clap to Gaeira for such thinking. "But I don't need a deal from you. Go back to your chambers." His expression stayed playful, yet his tone lowered to be more menacing.

"I don't think so." Peter said back, slowly backing up. Though, as he was...... She happened to freak out.

Alicia's face when put down was blank. Little notion was given of hearing Alken. While his brute approach had given slight reprieve from the shock. The scene that took place removed all senses from her. Everything else just replayed in her haggard eyes over and over and over. She stared at the bodies while tears streamed down her cheeks.

She had not been on site when they hit the planets. Instead they had been of world noticing and trying to react to other threats just when they thought they had managed to avoid another one. And then everything had begun to fall apart, the defeat of the fleet.
The attempts to pull out of battle... Trying to abandon ship...Her friends.. Flashes from when their ship tore open and Jake threw her into the escape pod.
Her unsteady frame swayed and when screams echoed along the sound of shots throughout the city.

She hunched and covered her ears.
"JUST MAKE IT STOP I DON'T WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS AGAIN!!"
She rocked back and forth grinding her palms hard against her ears.

"just make it stop, please make it stop, make it stop make it stop aaaaaaaaaaahhhh maaaakeee iiiiit stooop!"

A wail began echoing out as if attempting to drown out the sounds from the distance.

When that happened, Peter quickly got down onto his knees to look at her, trying to make her look at him. "Alicia, Alicia!" He shouted over her voice. His hands wrapped around her head and he tried making her look at him, but even when her face was pointed at his, her eyes were shut. She was panicked, experiencing memories she didn't want to relive. All according to plan.

Without moving this whole time, the robot stayed standing there with his hands behind his back, smile even bigger. Before long, another song began to play, different to the one played earlier. It echoed all around them, hidden speakers blasting it over the gunfire in the distance. It was a peaceful song, one that would pierce Alicia's ears even more than Peter's.

Her panicked state would slowly diminish, and she opened her eyes. The music calmed her, yet the robot kept on smiling. He looked up to the barren sky, admiring the dark red color. "It's Such a Beautiful Day." He spoke. With that phrase, Alicia went from calm to dead plain emotion. As if a switch in her mind suddenly turned off all emotion. Her face was blank, her body language stiff and robotic. She was in a trance. "Alicia?" Peter asked the girl.

"Kill 'em." Was he said in return to Alicia's transformation. Two robot soldiers suddenly appeared from behind him, their camo turning off, and they both quickly fired at the group, except at Alicia. The pentagon headed machine would vanish. He was a hologram after all. He was just there to see if it would work.

Kingpin reacted. In two steps, he had reached the front of the group and thrown up a Towering Barricade: a shimmering, slightly curved wall of light. He wasn't sure how long it would hold; in fact, he wasn't even very certain that it would work, but it had proven resilient to everything from Cabal smart slugs to Taken energy blasts, so he was more or less... not too nervous. He grabbed Connor by the waist and dragged him backwards, placing him just within the safety of the barrier.

Turning around, he faced the group. "Not too late to run, if you can carry her!" He yelled - the first time in years - before turning back around, putting his hand through the barricade and firing his hand cannon at the two robots, the roar of the gun accompanying the massive slugs almost drowned out the music... almost. If the robots attempted to get through the barricade like he did, they'd meet no resistance, but they would take considerable damage.

Alicia looked up at Peter or ...something beyond him and the clasped her hands around his throat.

Squeezing to cut of his air supply. Her face remaining a plane unemotional one.
Something in her brain said it was wrong. That something wasn't right, but she pushed it away. This...whatever it was had pushed away the suffering and offered a route to peace for her.

And she embraced it desperately.
Anything to remove and forget the past.

Connor RK-800

He was dragged into the safety of the barrier. He wasn't sure what else there was to do. He could attempt to shot, but it didn't seem to do much. He wondered how Alicia had been turned- but that seemed like a later problem, one who he would figure out once they were safe. "I feel like now would be the ideal time to run from this situation. We might have to figure out how to free Alicia later, but we would rather not die, ideally to the room with our weapons," He looked to see if the robots would give chase as he ran ahead of the group, still slightly worried about what was going on.

First step, compartmentalize. With everything happening, he needed a second to think of an exit. Sure, he could process faster, but the first thing he needed to do was remember where to go. Straight ahead and to the left. They had been going straight, so assuming that the structure worked the same when it was a city, then one of these doors should possibly be the room with weapons. He would quickly scan for any openings to the weapon room he could find and then look over at Alicia. How could he disenage with harming her was the question on his mind.

From all of his gatherings of Peter, he imagine choking her or any bodily harm would cause the boy to get angry. Non-lethal.... but yet still effective. He started to preconstruct different scenarios, running through multiple ones, even stupid ones such as a dropkick and even going in blind trying to punch her. He would eventually settle on doing his first idea and rushing her into with a knockout punch.. Yeah, Peter wouldn't be happy about it, but he would at least be alive. Though, he did have to wonder if their powers had been dampened, the boy had seemed to have a knack for avoiding things earlier.

@Silvir @AIM Leader Wade @Agent_Puncake

Last edited:
- Marcus Blackwood, Hunter Berserker - Unknown Facility, Victorian Simulation Massacre -

The taunts of the pentagon-headed man did not slip Marcus's notice, but he would not allow himself to be goaded, even as holographic Victorians were massacred by automatons, their screams deeply disturbing Alicia, who seemingly suffered from a PTSD-induced panic attack, Peter jumping in in an attempt to calm her. Strangely enough, the music changed to a more calming tune...and as if she had become an awakened sleeper agent, Alicia's entire demeanor changed from fearful, to calm and with a phrase from the Pentagon-Man, she became almost robotic. Alicia was still and motionless until the kill order was given, with real automatons revealing themselves and attacking, their light bullets stopped only by a great wall constructed by Kingpin-22, who yelled at them to retreat.

"Not without you, Kingpin! No self-sacrifices, damn it!" Marcus unconsciously barked in reply, not wishing to lose anyone to this godforsaken place again. Alicia then attempted to strangle Peter, presumably to death, but before Marcus could interfere, Connor jumped in for a choke-slam, hopefully incapacitating Alicia with minimal injury. "Get her out of here, Connor! Kingpin?! We need to leave, now!" He went on, looking to the others, making sure they were okay and able to run. These machines were still out of their league...their weapons and equipment shouldn't be too far now.

@AIM Leader Wade @LuckycoolHawk9 @Agent_Puncake @Silvir

Alken took a long, deep breath. Once again, words were meaningless. The SOLDIER clenched his fists, knuckles popping as he prepared himself. He winced as Marcus attacked Alicia; it spurred his sensibilities, but it was necessary.

"It's not a sacrifice if I expect to win, right?" The young man took a step forward. He missed his helmet; how it closed his vision in on the foe in front of him and muffled the noise. He missed his sword's comforting weight; how he longed to fill his hand.

But his strong hand was still there. Making a tight fist, he cracked his neck and bolted forward.

"Alken, NO." Gaeira reached out to stop him, but Alken swung his fist back, checking Gaeira on the shoulder and knocking him back. "DAMMIT, THINK OF LIOKE, YOU TWIT! IT'S SUICIDE!!!"

Alken seethed, gripping his forehead for a moment. He was a fighter, not a runner. However, Gaeira's wisdom had rarely failed him (at least not intentionally). Turning on his heels, he used the opportunity to bolt, as did Gaeira. "RETREAT! Kingpin just bought us some time; we'd best use it!"

Turning on their heels, the SOLDIERs made a break for it, hoping the others would follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice lost her grip and collapsed with a groan from the punch. Mumbling unintelligibly while trying to regain her senses. The air around them shifted and then returned to normal as if something was there and then not. She couldn't focus enough to activate her abilities.
There where weak attempts to resist them but she couldn't the hit had been enough to take the air out of her.

God, everything just kept going wrong for these people.

After Connor punched out Alicia's lights, Peter was quick to yell at Connor for such a drastic measure. The girl was clearly under some sort of control, and there was a better way of handling her. Though, in this situation, they needed to make quick decisions. Kingpin's barrier protected them as the group made a retreat into one of the alleyways near them, as while the robots shooting at them put up their own barriers to protect them from Kingpin's shots, it distracted them long enough for the group to get clear of them, with Peter carrying Alicia on his shoulders. The ally was cramped and destroyed, with everyone having to ran over debris in their way. Xiao couldn't bend anything in here, so her attacks were limited to fire and air, while Peter's agility and spider-sense made it easy for him to avoid oncoming attacks and avoid them with ease. When they approached the end of the ally, another group of robots appeared suddenly, making them have to go the other way. It was starting to feel like running through a maze, as each turn they took in the ally was zig-zagging, becoming more cramped and harder to fit through, like the walls were trying to squeeze them. All they could do was run, and the Aussie's voice was nowhere to be heard. As they ran, they unfortunately lost Connor, and they couldn't go back to find him. The android was lost now.

If that wasn't bad enough, the song that played over the whole area and made Alicia go emotionless choker changed from that, to something else. And the pentagon headed prick clearly chose this to annoy them.

Their chase through the ally ended with them surrounded on both sides. There was an end to the ally again after ten minutes or running, but what do you know, the moment they were about to reach it, a tank suddenly blocked their way. Turning around, another tank had broken though a wall on the other end of the narrow and long ally, and both tanks were demolishing the walls to approach the group. They were just about to crush them, when Peter realized the wall to their left had enough holes to break through with some force. "Help me out!" He shouted to everyone, trying to kick away some of the bricks. With the help of Gaeira and Alken, the wall would crumble away, and they would find themselves in an old looking shop. The tanks would smash into each other just as the group got inside. The shop's front door was wide open, so they had a chance to make a break for an exit, hopefully one that was close by.

................. Guess what happened just as they reached the doorway?

giphy.gif

Gunfire from all sides, piercing through the walls. The building was suddenly surrounded by those robots, and they were blockading the whole place. Everyone had to quickly dive to the ground to avoid being filled with burnt holes. Peter dropped Alicia as the gunfire broke, not meaning to let her land on her head. If this wasn't bad enough, suddenly the building started to catch fire. Smoke was quick to fill the air, and while they were low enough to not breath it in, their front door exit was burning away. They needed a new exit now. "Can you hear me?!?!?!" A voice echoed over the speakers inside the shop. It was the Australian guy! His voice was muffled, but they would hear him well enough. "If you can, find a way up to the third floor, you might be able to jump to the building next door. I'll try finding you an exit, but he's blocking my access to the place, you'll need to move quickly!"

There weren't any stares to be seen, and the gunfire would make it impossible for them to reach it even if they did find them.​

Kingpin reloaded his hand cannon and put two more shots through the doorway, but his heart wasn't in it. Too many targets, too little ammo, and too much at risk for him to just die again. Anta stayed hidden.

He was wearing the armour now. The only thing that worked was the life support system - about a day's worth of processed oxygen (which Exos didn't need) and a day's worth of nutrients (which he again didn't need). It was a set of armour tuned to a human, he thought. He didn't even know why he has it.

The Titan reloaded, and watched the nanites hard at work repairing his left gauntlet. The dented, scorched armpiece sparked every now and then, signifying that the nanites were reconnecting wires and restructuring the forearm brace. It wouldn't be enough - too few of them were active.

The voice came over the intercom. Kingpin listened, sighed, and holstered his hand cannon. "I'm going to make a new hole on the ceiling." He yelled, hoping his voice could be heard over the gunfire. "Someone get ready to go through!"

His fist lit up with lightning as he jumped, slamming it into the ceiling with explosive force. He didn't know if it would be able to create a hole; he could only hope.

Alken, ever the altruist, snatched Alicia before she could land. Upon Peter's orders, he and Gaeira bashed through the wall. Gaeira crumbled out a human-sized section with a swift check from his right shoulder. Alken slashed about with both hands, widening the gap enough for the group to tear through. It was their brave Titan's mighty blow that did the trick; after Kingpin annihilated the wall in its entirety, the SOLDIERs swiftly moved into the building.

"GO! GO! GO!" Alken swiped his hand, pointing to an unmarred stairwell. "I'll bring up the rear!" Turning to Gaeira, he gave a quick sign with his hand; a lateral cut across his chest. Stay cool; the message was meant for his unitmate, who nodded. His next message was two fingers held upright. Scout it out.

Gaeira took Alicia, pulling her limp form onto his shoulder and rushing towards the stairwell. Loping up three at a time, he was more than eager to follow the Australian's instructions. The SOLDIERs moved with a brisk, almost mechanical purpose as Gaeira fled and Alken remained on overwatch, despite being unarmed.

Alken caught sight of a bullet approaching him. Slipping down and moving his head to the side, he let it pass over his shoulder, the round splashing against a wall and cutting a hole clean through. He slipped behind what remained of the wall as more shots hit his location. "MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!"

Once up the second floor, all the heroes had to do was

giphy.gif

BDB1B2DEC742AAA9DE631F32E776060722CEE5E4

CautiousJealousKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

not_found.gif

tumblr_nsp8swcQaM1qcbjtzo1_1280.gif

windows-8-busy-loader-in-pure-css.gif

REBOOT COMPLETE

You're at the escape pods now. You fought your way through the city, found your gear, and are now about to escape. You have done it. Good job. You deserve a medal for such a perfectly executed escape. But, now, it's time for you to go back to your team. They'll need your help. You should have a good story for them, no? Escaping the wrath of the Penta-man, figuring out the AI's plan to some degree, and understanding that this is beyond just a few of you. You need a universe sized army to take us on. Make it plain to the Doctor that, if you could. Along with the others. They'll need all the info and help they can get. I've already given you the list of ideal candidates. All accessible on your 'stolen' teleporter. When the time comes, I'll be sure to give you all a call. Until then, stay safe, don't get yourselves killed, and enjoy the company you're in. You're all you have.

Don't fight each other, even when things get stressful. You may not all agree, but one thing is for sure. You all have a common goal. Killing us. Murdering the murderers. We are the evil ones here. The villains you were all trained to fight. But we're not just the ones you've fought before. We're more powerful. Smarter. Faster. More knowledgeable. We know you better than you know yourselves. All your secrets are known to us.

And do make sure the Doctor knows that. Warn him that we are not to be messed with. That the strongest of the multiverse must meet. (Particularly the ones from the universes on your teleporter.) Emphasis that. When the times, and we meet again, we will become forever immortal. Oh, and Gaeira, when you meet Luer.... Be nice to the lad. You two are destined to be a great pair. :)

Now then, it's time to wake up.

The group had escaped the station. They had gone through hell and back to escape it, nearly dying almost all the way, but they were on a transport into space, with an actual teleporter in hand. They had all their gear, their clothing, all they had before being taken by that pentagon headed robot. They knew where one of the doctor's were. They were covered in bruises, bruised up good, but the fight wasn't over yet. Not by a long shot. "We ready to get going?" Peter asked them, mask in hand, as he took a moment to breath.

Last edited: