CLOSED PARALOGUE The Evrensel Conflict: Paralogue 1 -- The Cyber-Hangover

Abigail Delano, Courier Six-Played by Amber Franklin

The others turning down the drinks earns them a scrunched brow and frown from Abby.

"What?Am I the only one what knows how to work and have a good time? I betcha most these people are loaded on somethin' and-" At that moment, the alcohol of another universe hits her, and Abby takes the time to re-orient herself as any Functional Alcoholic knows to do.She stands stock-still with both hands held vertical and parallel to each other. Patches, introducing himself to the group, registers with her, and she gives him a nod and smile before her attention is drawn by a very familiar voice.

His name escapes her at the moment. All she thinks in these moments is that this man was not getting away.

The Death Pod is raised and her finger sets it to 'Freeze', her intent being that when she pulls the trigger the stream of liquid nitrogen would hit him in the back, freezing him in place long enough for her to run up on the man, and beat him to within an inch of his life.

That is her intention. However her fine motor control is not optimal even if her aim is on point; her finger either fails to change the setting from 'Auto' or changes it to one of the other functions of the sophisticated weapon before she pulls the trigger.

Agatha Brandt

Agatha couldn't help but sigh, frustrated. On one hand she had Abby, who got drunk in an olympic record level of fast, attempting to shoot her weird gun towards an obnoxiously loud angry customer. A former threat? A relative she was mad with? Considering she was that drunk, Agatha saw no chance to intercept her before shooting, it could end up worse. Because somehow, her hands held the weapon firmly. It would be a terrible idea to tackle her and end up actually hitting someone or something else that wasn't that almost gone guy. And that was if she could even reach her in time, which Agatha couldn't bet on. On the other side of her group Alec was dealing with someone who's shit eating grin made Agatha feel unnerved. A smile faker than the meal the other guy made a tantrum about.

Agatha couldn't help herself but just watch the incoming disaster to erupt from anywhere. She felt infuriatingly powerless here. The most she could do was warn Alec... But of what? Patches? Abby? The guy Abby was an instant away from attempting to shoot? There was no time. If only she was more focused. Maybe then she could've tried to act. Now, her objective was to be ready when this gets messy and try to be off the scene before causing more alarms to ring.

~~GM~~

Well, Alec did act when Agatha didn't. (What a great cop she is.)

Her fidgeting between all three targets caught Alec's attention out of the corner of his eye, and he just managed to turn his head in time to see Abby aiming her giant Death Pod of doom and destruction at a familiar face he didn't see. "Whoa whoa-WHOA!!" Alec shouted, before doing his damnedest to reach under her Death Pod as quick as can possibly be from his position behind it, and pushing it upwards into the sky.

May not have been the best idea, as Alec was concerned she was going to fire rockets or let the thing go on full auto and mow down the crowded venue. Instead, what fired out was a net. A very large, heavy net. That shot out into the sky, and extended outwards as it fell back to earth rapidly. The size was big enough that when it landed, it entrapped the whole group with a weight of thirty pounds, and oddly felt sticky like sap was coated all over the rope.

Patches, being the quick thinker, moved backwards with a single step to narrowly avoid the net entrapping him as well, and watched it land atop everyone. The whole crowd watch the fiasco with confusion, while Michael, her main target, looked back in utter confusion as to what the hell just happened, but didn't stop to give it a better look. The net obscured Abby and Alec's faces, and he didn't see his old 'friends,' instead continuing up out of the trench until he reached the street above, and vanished.

Agatha Brandt

Agatha sighed as she saw Alec trying to brute force the situation with a tackle. He happened to be lucky the weird weapon fired just a net, and not, to name a few things: bullets, flames, and even rockets. And that was just the pieces that she recognized, who knows what other weapons were packed in there. There was no use in shooting her to prevent the trigger from being pulled, for multiple reasons. And she had kept her distance even before things escalated. Being fully sober and considering she had been seeing things unfold, she was able to maneuver her way off the grasp of the net. With a pristine double back handspring slipping her out of trouble.

The same could not be said of his teammates, they were all trapped under the sticky net. "Such a good idea. Drinking while on the clock, no?" Agatha angrily mumbled as she pulled a knife out from under her jacket. Slowly cutting through the ropes and their sap, and then pulling it off of each of the party members. "And you! The hell do you want!?" She said, glaring knives at Patches, removing the sap off her knife before storing it again. Her fingertips full of the stuff now, which she blasted off with controlled kinetic blasts. Her mood was slowly deteriorating, and Patches' shit eating grin only sped up the process.

Thankfully Karena had stepped away from the commotion she heard behind her. Something about a gun, a patch, maybe that was a man, and some yelling. She shook her head and glanced around. Powers Be this was going to be one hell of a mess wasn't it... They ever heard of conservation of energy?

With those internal gripes washing around her head she simply wandered the bazaar looking for a stall to buy some ammo. Of course... she didn't really trust any ammo here, and to a greater extent the weapons themselves, but it wouldn't hurt to glance around for any of them laying around. If the others didn't start a firefight in the middle of a market that is. Which was a threat that was rapidly approaching. The Tension in the air was getting rather high, and she could feel herself start to wind up again. If she didn't have a heart attack by the end of this she would be amazed...

She would step in if need be, but she did find a little booth that interested her quite a bit, she even leaned over to inspect some of the objects a bit closer. A level of technology she just hadn't ever seen, far beyond the steam boilers and rumbling machines back home, it just felt... wrong to her. There should be beautifully crafted moving parts producing a wonderful sound of energy moving from one form to the other, and yet this machine was as silent as could be. She was going to have to get used it it quite a bit...

Her browsing did eventually lead her to a place called 'Straight Shooters' Seemed like a good place to start when looking for weapons. They even likely had ammo for her revolver. She hopped. Might as well ask the shopkeeper if they had any.

"Excuse me... do you have any... three fifty seven magnum?" She asked as she gave the revolver on her side a pat. To him the thing would look like an antique, one that was rather well kept. Not a single piece of advanced tech on the weapon at all.

~~GM~~

"Oh, come now," Patches answered Agatha with a cheerful voice still, even as the woman raised her voice. "We're scattered! Poor, lost souls who were taken from our worlds and thrown across the cosmos. If we don't stick together, we'll be eaten alive by these unfamiliar grounds! And luckily for you, I've got it all charted out. Better than that stinking map this city'll provide you." Patches smile seemed to grow an inch wider.

"You just tell me what you need, I can tell you where to go. Simple as that! Of course, with a small fee for my own sake. But, I figured you knew that already." Man needs to eat after all.

MEANWHILE,

As Karena avoided the whole net incident, (smart on her,) her enthusiasm for her weapon was not matched by the vendor, who was looking at his phone while she asked her question. He looked up as she tapped the side of her revolver's chamber, switching between it and her eyes with an expressionless look. "..... Box of 'em 'll cost you thirty-five credits each, a case fifty. If you're looking for something better, our stock is on the shelves behind me." He pointed to the weapons on the rack, then returned to his phone.

Last edited:
Agatha Brandt

Agatha's left eye twitched upon hearing Patches' remarks, grinding her teeth as that smile grew "There, you're all free" Agatha voiced at the team "I'm going with Karena, have fun with him. What could possibly go wrong, right?" The former cop said, bleeding sarcasm.

Leaving Alec and company with that shady bastard, hopefully having them take the hint to not trust this guy. What did he have in mind? In places like these, everyone has an ulterior motive. They'll stab your back the first chance they get. There was also that word. "Scattered". Why did he use it so much? Was he trying to trigger a reaction? A code for a third party? He seemed to wear clothing akin to the middle ages, and yet he seemed to take in stride this situation based on that repulsive grin. Things just appeared too convenient for that "scattered".

Following Karena to the gun shop, she saw her asking about ammunition. While she was at it, Agatha called out the dhampir? Was that the word? "Do they have what you need, Karena? I can lend you some if you're running short..."

"Al! What the hell?!" Abby exclaims as her attempt to capture the man is thwarted by her own boyfriend and she finds herself entangled in the net. She utters several curses as she struggles to free herself, most directed at Alec.

When Agatha cuts them out of the net, Abby pulls the net off herself and has a mind to slap Alec right in his face but instead opts to pick her weapon up and give chase to the man whose name escapes her at the moment. Had he even given his name ? Abby would ask when she caught up with him, restrained him, then beat him to death, in that order.

That is assuming she could catch him. As it was, Abby gets to her feet and whips her head around looking for him. Being caught up in the net had disoriented her already off-kilter perspective. The helmet was no help, targeting random people as she struggles to focus her eyes.

"Dammit all! He got away! The guy! From the prison! I forget his name but he was here!" She explains loudly to Alec, glaring at him.

Last edited:
~~GM~~

Who knew this was going to be a frustrating situation with so many clashing personalities that just barely get along with each other?

Alec, getting free of the sticky netting as Agatha cut them all loose, hadn't a clue what the hell Abby was talking about as she shouted at him. Guy from prison? Which one? "What guy?!" Alec shouted back, trying to rub off the sticky substance that was now all over his face, "You mean the prison we were stuck in? There were a lot of people in that place!" A bit hard to remember a singular person from a place that housed HUNDREDS of them.

"You mean Michael?" Patches spoke up from behind the two.

----------------

"If you're looking for quality weapons, you're in the wrong place," A voice said besides. When they both turned around, a man was walking up to them carrying a pistol. A M-10AF Lexington, in pristine condition like it had barely been fired. It's elegant design was made by Militech to suit all hand sizes and ensure for total comfort of grip when firing at your enemies, and like the slogan says, "God's gift to the inalienable right of self-defense."

The man then threw it at the vendor, who flinched quickly as the hand canon landed against his gut. "You'll only find grifters, cheats and carnies who couldn't tell you the difference between a Mauser and a flintlock pistol!"

"Hey, what the fuck?!" The vendor shouted, finally standing up from his seat in anger.

"Tozawa, you told me you could supply me with the ammunition I needed for my business, but instead what I get are cartridges barely filled with gunpowder that could push a bullet OUT the barrel of a gun, not to mention jam so frequently on me, I may as well be using them as back and ass scratchers than something I could use to defend myself!"

"Hey, listen bro--"

"We are not brothers, and if we were, I certainly wouldn't invite you to any family gatherings,"

"Look, I told you, if you wanted better quality, go to one of the big wigs like the bigger gun shops, or maybe Militech themselves. But, since you told me you couldn't, this is the best you're gonna get from me so I don't end up below my quota for the month!"

"And yet when I was handing you money over fist that TRIPLED your quota, you insist upon giving me the cheapest crap possible so you can keep as much of my money as possible! So, either you give me what you promised, or we cut ties and go our separate ways, giving you the enjoyment of once more selling to drug dealers and low time street bangers who couldn't even hit the broadside of a barn door."

"That one! Michael!" Abby affirms the question from Patches about who she was referring to.

"That guy! Had his guys beat the hell outta us in the cell!" Abby picks up her Death Pod and changes it from Net to Auto Fire, the sticky substance on her gloves making it tricky. Abby also fumbles around for the helmet, putting it back on and ignoring the ensuing fight between the merchant and a disgruntled customer, as it doesn't register as anything of her concern, and approaches Patches.

"You. You know the guy? Tell me where I can find him. I owe him a beating and a bullet in his eye." Abby slurs at Patches, holding the Death Pod aloft. The voice modulator covers some of the slur and adds more menace to her tone.

Already feeling a bit lost with what to even do, Voláre really didn't expect getting caught in a net with this group of people. They were all crazy as far as he could tell. They were loud, which he didn't do well with in general, never mind in multiple numbers. Things didn't settle down though, since someone that got away seemed to be familiar to Abby as she got angry with Alec about it.

This Patches guy seemed to be one of them, but the way he spoke and his overall demeanor didn't sit well with the mage. Thankfully one of them was able to get the net off, which was a relief. He followed after Abby when she took off, since he didn't want them all separated and he was at a loss as to what else he should do. He didn't like the sounds of what Abby explained. The guy that took off was someone who hurt them? They looked okay from what he could see, but he wasn't sure about internally. Should he be healing them?

He flinched, cringing and sliding behind Abby at the sounds of some people arguing. He gave an unsure look to the woman though when she spoke of what she planned to do. Wouldn't it be better not to go after a guy that imprisoned them once before? Especially since she was likely drunk now? He looked to Alec, gesturing to Abby as if asking him what they should do, and if Abby was even sane anymore.

Agatha Brandt

With Karena lost in thought, Agatha was about to browse some wares herself. Mostly ammo, which ended fast, as this guy didn't have rounds big enough for Agatha's revolver. As for weapons, she was fine with her weapons of choice, though a vibro-knife didn't sound terrible on her head. However, her train of thought was lost as another person entered the establishment. Which after showing Agatha a neat looking gun, started a heated argument between the owner of the store and what came off as a very dissatisfied customer at best, screwed business partner at worst.

"Riled up over defective products after a big purchase... This guy's fucked." Agatha considered trying to deescalate, but she then would be involved in this mess, which would mean her crew would be involved in this mess. Her military side was screaming at her to ditch this place along Karena as soon as possible, but her cop side simply echoed in the background of her mind "To protect and serve".

"So, as a potential customer looking for options. How bad is all this stuff?" Agatha smoothly chimed in trying to appear interested. "While you're at it, could you point me to a place with medical stuff? I have crewmates that refuse to get implants. It shocks me that they are still in one piece... mostly." As she tried to help defusing the situation by redirecting the business guy's attention to her, she hoped the brief glare she gave the shop owner would be enough to deliver the message "Zip it!" loud and clear.

~~GM~~

'Michael?... Michael!'

Alec's eyes popped open upon the realization. How was he alive?! Last they all knew, the Ruined Earth they all met on, the one Michael was born on, was destroyed. Something to do with temporal paradoxes, or anomalies, or whatever the fuck happened to it, (I've been doing this five years now, it's hard keeping track of the timeline for this RP!)

Either way, the world was dead, and all those who lived there were too. So how was it Michael, the Warden of the prison that held 'scattered' prisoners for the crime of just arriving at that planet against their will, only to be tortured and abused for sadistic glee, was now a 'scattered' himself?

"How the fuck--" Alec interrupted himself as Abby held a gun to Patches, who threw up his hands in surrender. "WHOA WHOA WHOA!" He tried pushing the gun aside, but Abby wasn't having it this time.

"Oh, take it easy!" Patches calmly told Abby, "I've no wish to play around with a fellow Scattered like yourself! I'll gladly take you to Michael! I know the perfect way there that'll get you around all the gangs, that way you won't get hassled by them. F-For a price, mind you! Man's still got to make a living, even if he isn't in his home realm anymore."

Alec wasn't too sure about that, but humored the Undead. "How much?"

"None of that paper or credit money, if you need clarifying. Such currency like that isn't important to me. How about..." He gently turned to face Abby's Pod gun, and tapped against its side with his index finger. "This? Or something else of equal value? Surely a traveled bunch like yourselves have collected quite a bit of trinkets and knick-knacks."

----------------------------------

"Well, just from the mere sight of you and your friend, I can already gather you're not from around these parts," not just in being new to Night City, "so if I were to use an allegory, then imagine this city as a farm. A whole plot of land to grow crops of fresh grain, fruits, vegetables, etcetera. I would consider any weapon here, ANY weapon, no matter the corporate branding on the gun, to be the rotten food you throw away into the compost pile."

So it's all crap, essentially. "Everything made here is cheap, dime a dozen, made in factories by computers whose coders are so clueless, they couldn't tell you the difference between a gun and a kitchen utensil. There is no craftsmanship, just a simulacrum of what a gun is supposed to be. If you want actual effort, ACTUAL intentions of being able to defend yourself without the gun jamming up upon firing it for the first time, or the ergonomic comfort so you don't feel the strain of the kickback when pulling the trigger, then I believe you're looking in the wrong place, in the wrong city, on the wrong planet."

He then took a moment of silence to breathe, before looking between both Karena and Agatha. ".... Tell you what," he began to say once more, leaning against the vendors counter, "if you come with me, not only can I sell you a quality gun, I can also see about finding you some medical supplies. I just need to look at my city map."

"Ain't got time to be bartering." Abby growls and sets the weapon to automatic fire. The change is accompanied by a whirr as the barrel is engaged. "How much is your arm worth to you?" She aims the barrel at his shoulder. Her vision was partially blurred, but at this range the rate of fire could cut his arm off or his whole body in half if he did anything to piss her off.

Last edited:
Agatha Brandt

Agatha was pretending to listen attentively, while discreetly sizing up the guy. Should she need to take him down, how much force would she need? and some other questions circled in her head as the man ran the clerk's goods low quality. Basically calling shit any firearm around. Which was true. Upon a quick inspection around the displays, Agatha nodded "Seems like it, yeah" she acknowledged nonchalantly.

Then the guy ever so smoothly laid the bait. Considering how poorly they were doing on their task, might as well give this crook a chance to be "trusted". "Sure... Lead the way" her voice feigning interest in the whole business part of this ordeal

Last edited:
MUCH LATER
How much later? Who knows?

Abby, Alec and their new friend Patches found their way to Michael. Agatha and Karena, with Volare brought along with them, followed their gun enthusiast to their shop, and the group of misfits in charge of getting medical supplies found themselves on a chase to find Anri. Only to end up fighting through a small army of Militech soldiers and causing pandemonium in the process.

But as all of this happened.... Nothing.

The intensity of the Militech fight, the chaos of Abby's revenge against the man who tortured her and her partner, even the simple cash exchange with Agatha and Karena all suddenly stopped. The last memories all the teams would have before the world suddenly went dark would be blurry visions and obscure sounds. Something happened to them, something that took over their minds in a matter of seconds. It was a small feeling at first, a mellowness like a glass of fine white wine. Their mouths tasted of fine vintages and nuanced palates, and their worries vanished as the sweet taste of such fine liqours flowed through their bodies. Even though they hadn't even touched a drink since they landed on this planet. The feeling would grow more and more until they begin feeling more drunk.

The sweet taste turned to stronger drinks, of Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Bourbon, all their minds would become intoxicated by these sensations that didn't make any logical sense to be happening. But whatever logic and reason they had left vanished like the world around them. Their sights turned to Jackson Pollock paintings, the sounds nothing but white noise between TV channels, their thoughts more random and disorganized than a child's playroom. It turned to a haze, before it finally went black.

Maybe they were all drugged at the same time. Maybe they were hypnotized. Maybe someone put them under a spell. All they would know, once they could properly think again, was they were back together once more. But they weren't anywhere near where they were before. They were now in a bar. Above it was the name in bright neon green lighting. 'Afterlife.'

imanol-delgado-salazar-afterlife-28.jpg

They weren't alone either. Militech guards, the same ones Anri, Chika and Oliver had fought, were now laughing outrageously together with large pints in their hands. The guards Abby and Alec fought to grab Michael, engaged in drinking contests and arm wrestling with the other Militech people. The gunsmith Agatha and Karena had met with, he was speaking with Patches as they reminisced about days gone by from their worlds.

There were even Gangsters there, sharing in the revelry but by no logic should even be in the same room. Tyger Claws, Maelstrom, Valentinos, hell there looked to be several Arasaka bodyguards/assassins with heavy duty cybernetics. Even Michael himself, last Abby would remember, was hanging him from the ceiling rafters of his makeshift apartment like she was the judge, jury and executioner of the crimes he committed lightyears away.

She and him were now sitting in a booth, opposite each other. Michael had visible bruises around his neck from where her wiring choked him, but how the hell did they even end up here? If someone looked to the TV playing over the bar, they would see several news reports of a Militech base, the same one Anri and co. attacked, set ablaze like a bomb had gone off inside it.

How did they happen? Fuck if they knew. All Oliver and Chika knew, once they managed to regain some semblance of consciousness back, was Chika was for some reason trying to chop open a beer bottle with her sword, and Oliver had several cords sticking out his head like he was the world's strongest modem.

Alec was nowhere to been seen, while Agatha was in an arm wrestling contest with the biggest Maelstrom fella in the room. Karena herself would be chugging a beer keg upside down, and Volare was doing magic spells like some streetside entertainer to the cheers and wows of his audience.

How did they get here? Why were they doing this? God only knew right now. All they knew at this point was they somehow had their minds back... but not by much.

Because even though they had a moment of clarity from their drunken haze... They were all still pretty drunk right now. Except Anri. The little girl thankfully didn't have the same sensation thrown upon her.

No, she got something worse as a substitute. A sugar rush.

Why am I laughing?

Abby's loud laughter dies down as she comes back to her dulled senses looking across the table at Michael. The man seems to be out of it, just having a good time. He should be dead, left to hang like meat from a hook. Like Benny had been put on a cross. No, that was the booze jumbling her memory again. She had chosen to fight Benny to get the satisfaction of beating him to death with her bare hands.

Now she has another chance at a deeper satisfaction.

"Awright!" Abby stands from her seat, reaches over to grab Michael by the neck and forces him to his feet as well. "I dunno what we was jawing bout jus now. But is tiiiime you and I go out back, and you take yer beating like a man! No guards, no guns, no armor, nuttin but our fists! Ya hear me ya bastard?! Alec!" She looks around the bar with her bleary eyes.

"Alec!Where the fuck are ya?! Yer parta dis too."

Flynn The Volitale - Character Sheet

Flynn's husk - crop.pngA drunken Reacher was something considered dire and one of Flynn's abilities gunsmithing and aethermechanics combined, an emergency to those that knew better. They of the engineering inclination had the unfortunate tendency to be mad inventors while drunk and Flynn tended toward violent incendiary weaponry. Those here certainly didn't know better, not to mention they were all drunk, not that they'd stop her from making weapons out of spare parts obtained from... somewhere she no longer remembered. There sweating in her husk of a tanned short haired strongwoman was wobbling from drunkenness all the while babbling in some incomprehensible angry mix of slurred gutteral languages. Occasionally plugging in a cable or two into the machine with mixture of cybertech, aethermechanics, and braindance gear she was working on if Nix asked her. Though she wasn't wearing her top the healing craters of bullet wounds across the top of her torso said she was agressively insistent about it. The combination of terrifying amounts of sugary alcohols had made her feel too warm. Whatever she was swaying over now there were several weapons and limbs of various description among the tools on the messy table with modifications either horrific or comical.

The blue angular metal patterns wrapped around her arm of Flynn's hairworm bit her as the haze started to lift and shook her hand to loose English in something both Slavic and melodically machined, "Aghvwhat! I know vwhwat I'm doin'! Gott to built th' mathamachin'... Shiny idea. transmutseverance tool!"

The cobalt blue dust of the hairworm shifted and moved as it flowed across the human palm to form blades and etching tools on each finger. The continued going about shaping one part while drawing thin lines across gears and motherboards in bright red 'ink' of the husk's own blood. She looked up and around after finishing a part's ritual circle as she looked around and took in the environment to remark in the direction of the few people she recognized, "Hwah? When'd I get here?"

Last edited:
Michael was laughing right alongside her, like the two were reminiscing about the old days and catching up, as if they were good friends. But, right as Abby snapped out of her haze, so did Michael. His laughter died down to a chuckle, as his thoughts slowly began to process the world around him. Then he realized who she was.

Why were they laughing? She nearly killed him! And last time they saw each other, he got a face full of lightning thrown at him thanks to her! He thought he had been rid of her once they both escaped his home world. But, now fate had placed them in the same room together. The irony of which wasn't lost on him, since he kidnapped that NCR fella specifically to find her world. Wasn't something he was actively trying to find, it was just coincidence since he saw him with a rusty pipboy similar to her own, and just put two and two together.

But, back to the immediate problem: Abby reaching over to grab at him by the collar of his shirt and pull him out the booth... or attempting to. Upon her reaching out her hand, she missed him by a good two feet, and all he had to do was gently lean his head to the side. The extension of her arm was enough to put her off balance, and Abby would find herself kissing the metal floor.

87d46d32c51175aaf1c89f7afd249af6.jpg
Every vowel and syllable that came out her mouth was as slurry as molasses, leaving Michael looking down at her on the floor with an expression of, '.... what?'

"Opa!" A foreign voice cried out upon seeing her fall over. "Myla moya, you can't stand up so fast like that! You don't down two pints of Dopplebock then try walking it off," The man offered out his hand for Abby to grab and help her up. His voice was Ukrainian sounding, and he dressed like a Bohemian punk rocker. Seemed to fit in well with this world.

"C'man, lemme see real quick," he put his hands along the sides of her cheeks to move her head freely to see if Abby broke her nose or cut herself open. She had never seen this man before in her life until now. And yet, he was acting like they knew each other. That's when he noticed she had snapped out of her drunk trance. "Ooooohhhh, ho ho hooooo~" He began to chuckle, with a wide smile breaking out under his curly mustache, "back in reality, eh? Tsyfry, the twelve percent in the Dopplebock must've knocked your brain back on its arse."

As he spoke, Michael slowly slid his way around the booth to avoid them both, looking to make a run for the exit that was just a couple dozen feet from where he and Abby were. What Abby would notice in return, as the strange man analyzed her face for injuries, was that his irises were a dark shade of purple.

They didn't seem like implanted eyes. This was a natural color. And staring into them would almost feel hypnotic.

Was he responsible for the blackout?

Last edited:
Fifth Grade Fixer, Oliver

The first thing Oliver notices when he comes to was the pleasant feeling that seemed to envelope him, as if a great fluffy cloud decided to embrace his entire body -- odd considering he lost the ability to feel a couple years back. Secondly, he was face down on top of a metal table, or counter. Lastly, the table was completely green. Craning his head sideways, Oliver paused before raising his head slightly. Scratch that, everything was green. Green bar, green drunk people, green syndicate goons with green fixers and green feathers drinking green drinks in green glasses.

Green and blurry, everywhere, almost like muddy translucent water running down his sensors. The world around him ebbed and spun, blurred and sharpened, grew bright and dark all at the same time. It was kinda nice, honestly.

Sheesh, did his office just fulfill a juicy contract or something? Must've, considering he was this wasted on enkephalin -- only reason the boss would bring that stuff out was if they made a whole lotta money. Where was the boss anyway?

Pushing himself off the counter, he managed to catch that one coworker who was screwing Alec or something whiffing a grab on some guy. He could go look for the boss later, it was time to score browny points.

Tripping over his feet he shoved himself off the bar chair, pointing an accusatory finger at the man, "Ay ay ay, DON'T FUCK WITH MY OFFICE MATES BITCH!" before launching himself forward, his punch more like the flailing of a ragdoll than any proper strike. So it wasn't surprising that regardless on if he landed his hit or not, he ends up whirling onto the ground, vision obscured by the copious amount of cords attached to his head.

Fucking hell, how many times did he tell the guys that this shit wasn't funny? He didn't even have ports on his headcase, just the one in his spine...

Reaching upwards, he grabs the cords and pulls lightly. He pauses for a second however, as his head is instead pulled up by the cords which for some reason were still stuck onto his face. What sorta tape did they use to get this stuff to stick so well?

Wrapping the cords tight around his wrist, he yanks on the cords with both hands while forcing his head backward.

He was gonna have words with the asshole who di--

The scream of ripped steel sounds from the floor of the bar as virdent green sludge began to pour out of the newly formed holes in Oliver's brain case. His head lands with a metallic thunk, sensor flashing erratically all the while.

Last edited: