The Evrensel Conflict -- Long Live The Villain

Meg The Demon - Character Sheet

Hm. Wonder what's the deal with that kid? Meg thinks glancing out the open door at the kid who bets on her.

"Vile demon!" one of the local militia yells at Meg brandishing a scimitar.

"Why thank you, I try." Meg retorts.

The three men charge at Meg with swords out bellowing their war cries. Meg throws her Angel Blade at the man in the center getting him right in the neck, silencing him; Meg brings it back to her hand in time to deflect the next man's sword; this one she grabs by the top of his head and with one hard fast twist, snaps his neck. Both bodies fall to the floor. The third stands frozen with sword up, practically shaking trying not to look at the newest additions to this pile.

"You scared?" Meg asks.

The man offers no reply. Only keeps shaking, unsure what to do.

"I'll give you this chance." Meg nods at the door. "Run for it. You got until the count of five." She raises her empty right hand and prepares to snap her fingers. "And...go." She snaps.

The last would-be defender drops his sword and makes a run for the door.

"Five."

The Angel Blade flies through the air and sinks into the back of his head; the now dead man falls forward across the threshold. Meg calls the blade back to her hand, whips the blood off it onto the floor.

"How about you?" Meg sits back on the altar. "You want a piece of me, or are you one of those sadists who just wants to watch me work until someone with real pull comes along?"

@Wiggin

- Shao Kahn the Konqueror of Worlds - Cameo from Xehanort

The great machine made landfall, its imposing stature was terrifying to the populace, but what followed was nothing short of hell for those that stood in the way of the tidal wave of warriors that spilled forth from its troop transports. But amongst the diverse armies of Tarkatan, Shokan, Humans, Undead, Zerg and even Dragons were several leaders, ones who hadn't yet landed with the others who arrived earlier, but made their entrance far more known and much more violent. Darth Malgus of the Sith in particular was a force to be reckoned with.

A fleeing citizen ran for his life frantically from death marching toward him, Malgus's use of the Force was what sent him over the edge. But just as he glimpsed one last sight of the masked Sith Lord--Nothing.

A loud crash sounded as what appeared to be a large warhammer had landed where the citizen was, now where his remains lay, as a figure as large as the Darth calmly walked past him and picked up the hammer, slinging it over his shoulder as he faced the Sith Lord with a cruel smile and a low chuckle.

"The weak always run, don't they, Malgus?" Shao Kahn commented with further laughter, as he then called Ermac to his side. "Ermac, feast on their souls. Goro? Leave NONE standing! Baraka! Lead the Tarkatans to victory! For the glory of us all, engage in kombat!" He bellowed out with the appropriate gestures to his warriors and then the rest of the army, taking the lead as he marched onward.

A militiaman then went flying past Shao Kahn, who didn't slow down, only looked to where he came from and gave an approving nod, to Terra-Xehanort, who waited for the Kahn to pass before charging back at the feeble fighter he had practically already beaten. He would then hear screaming coming from a building nearby, a church or other holy sanctuary of a kind, then walked inside, quickly catching sight of a great many dead, a psychotic woman and Arc Vex. Shao Kahn walked up behind Arc Vex, easily towering over him which gave the Kahn a clear view of the woman.

"I hope I'm not late, little girl." Shao Kahn announced himself, clearly hearing the tail end of what she had just said, ending with a confident smile befitting of a man such as he, who stood such as he did, behind the light-fingered little man before him.

@Not_Amy @Wiggin @AIM Leader Wade

Meg has had the privilege, and sometimes the misfortune, to be in the presence of very powerful beings before. The strongest she's ever encountered was Lucifer the fallen Archangel, whom she served faithfully but also feared.

Looking upon this man that comes up behind the kis, Meg is reminded of Lucifer but fears him more because she knew nothing about him. He looks vaguely familiar, but she can't place where she could have seen a monster of a man like this. Maybe in one of the movies seen and heard in the background while she did her work for Hell. He looked strong enough to snap her vessel in two with that hammer, or his bare hands. Looking into those eyes, she gets the feeling he could just outright eat her in some way if he really wanted.

Outwardly Meg stands and smiles.

"By the looks of you, I did these people a mercy killing them before you showed up." She makes a pouty face "Really not my style, mercy, so now I'm a little bummed about that on top of well..."She gestures around with both hands, still hold the silvery Angel Blade in her right hand. "....not knowing much more about where I am than that I'm not on Earth."

She points a circle around Shao Kahn with the blade as if it were just a pencil

"You, though, look like a man of great power and are no doubt in charge of that slaughterhouse ripping through this place." She says, laying on some butter to her voice.

"I am Meg, a Demon of Earth, and as you can see I have nooo intention of stopping whatever it is you're doing here. I just want to get home so I can gut a certain uppity pig of a Demon who thinks he's King of Hell. I humbly wish to serve you to that end." She does a small bow before the man, something she would have never done for anyone short of Lucifer himself back in the day, but she doesn't know if that hammer of his can kill a Demon and doesn't want to find out. So subservience was her only play right now.

@Nero Kunivas @Wiggin @AIM Leader Wade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demon in front of Arc was definitely an interesting one. He had met plenty of demons back on his world, most of them were monstrosities not meant to be seen by the world, others didn’t quite have a conceivable form of any kind. It seemed like the world that Meg was from was a different story. He assumed that she had some sort of grudge when she first did her attacks since they had some type of anger behind them. A warrior like this could be of some use to Doom’s little group, considering the fact that she didn’t hesitate to murder several people. Arc casually took out his metallic pipe, as he usually did while thinking. He lit the end of the pipe by snapping his fingers, causing a spark to light the pipe. He slowly puffed the pipe, creating an eerie moment were all that could be heard were the screams of the people outside. Arc ignored Meg’s earlier question, saying “well… Meg… I and my associate here are here to destroy this petty little city.” He turned to Kahn, “I’m sure you can agree that it won’t hurt to have another person join our little group, but that decision is up to you,” He turned to leave “Seeing as she will bow to you, I will leave you to deal with this demon.” Arc walked out of the church to see that the chaos caused by the different armies had reached farther into the city. The city’s military was almost obliterated at this point, seeing as only a few people with weapons were swarmed by Arc’s mercenaries. Why was this town’s military so weak if they had such a powerful weapon? Arc’s mind switched to Doom. It could entirely be possible that he had left something out of the briefing, leaving the troops to be cannon fodder until the true weapon could be released. “My group, let the professionals deal with these people, dealing with the loot first,” he shouted. Hopefully, if this city did have something up its sleeve, then none of Arc’s troops would be lost.

As the assault was in progress, Kerrigan herself was wandering the City as she was looking for 'volunteers' to eventually create her first Broodmother. Her Zerglings were constantly swarming the city, taking down civilian after civilian but strangely not killing them as Kerrigan had ordered them not to. As she walked past each one, she brought out her Larva and injected it into each one, taking their DNA and causing them to explode. Eventually, Kerrigan had came across a Captain of the Guards, and took him down herself before pushing him up against a wall.

"I'm sorry..."
"For what? Slaughtering us?"
"For what I must do to you."

She then proceeded to inject him with her Larva and the rest insued as he too exploded after his DNA was extracted. Once the Larva escaped his body, it formed into a Cocoon as it began to evolve. After several minutes, the egg hatched and a new creature took it's place:

Once it had spawned, it bowed before Kerrigan.

"You are Tharorn. This is your purpose. Spawn your Brood, and work with me to take down my enemies."
"I live to serve."

The Broodmother then began dropping numerous eggs from it's back which spawned Zerglings of it's own, and began attacking everyone in sight as it consumed and bred more and more Zerg for it's Brood.

"The more I create, the more I remember certain strains and sequences of the Swarm. If Progress resumed at fast speeds, then I may be able to recreate a new Strain."

Felix : Isaac...

Saturos : So! You've come to stop us?

Menardi : Look what your defiance has brought us, Felix!

Felix : I don't need you or anyone to rescue me, Isaac! I was just about to
settle things with Saturos and Menardi... You can watch! And then
we'll show you the true power of this beacon's light! But... Sheba
has nothing to do with this! So set Sheba free!

Saturos : Silence! You'd best tread lightly, Felix, or both you and Sheba
will suffer!

Mia : If anything happens to Sheba, we will have failed Faran...

Ivan : We won't permit you to lay a hand on Sheba or Felix!

Menardi : Oh ho! So you're worried about Sheba, too?

Saturos : Don't worry. We won't hurt Sheba... if you meet our conditions.

Menardi : What are you doing, Saturos?

Saturos : Leave this to me! Sheba! Do you remember the rod connected to
Hesperia?

Sheba : The Rod of Hesperia?

Saturos : The rod required to reach the Jupiter Lighthouse!

Sheba : Ye-Yes...

Saturos : Those who pursue us bear a rod... Is it the one?

As Sheba approached Isaac and his party, Menardi shouted.

Menardi : Sheba! Stay where you are! You can do it from there!

Sheba then retreated back to her position and performed the Mind Read Psynergy Ability.

Saturos : How about it, Sheba?

Menardi : Well, Sheba?

Sheba : ...Perhaps...

Saturos : "Perhaps..." Perhaps what!?

Felix : Don't yell at her!

Menardi : We're not yelling! We just want a straight answer. So, Sheba?

Sheba : Their minds are veiled. I cannot see clearly... but I think...
it's the one.

Saturos : It's a waste to make her try again.

Menardi : So, what do we do?

Saturos then turned towards Isaac and his party.

Saturos : Do you know the terms we will require before we agree not to harm
Sheba?

Isaac nodded.

Saturos : You're smarter than I thought if you've already figured it out. If you give the Shaman's Rod, Sheba will not be harmed. Agreed?

Ivan : The Shaman's Rod? If it means saving Sheba, I will give it to you.

Garet : What? But Hammet gave that to you, Ivan!

Menardi : Don't you care what happens to Sheba?

Saturos : Then you will give us the rod!

Menardi : Well done, Saturos! We finally have the Shaman's Rod!

Saturos : Go get it, Felix!

Felix : Why me?

Saturos : To ensure your loyalty to us!

Menardi : Go on, Felix!

Felix then proceeded to walk up to Ivan and took the Shaman's Rod from him.

Felix : What should I do with the rod?

Saturos : Keep it safe!

Sheba attempted to escape without being noticed, but Menardi spotted her straight away.

Menardi : Where do you think you're going, Sheba?

Mia : We gave you the rod. Now, release Sheba!

Saturos : Whatever do you mean?

Ivan : You said you'd free Sheba if we gave you the rod.

Menardi : Those were your terms.

Mia : We gave you the rod, so release Sheba!

Saturos : You seem to have misunderstood. I said we wouldn't harm Sheba... but I never said we'd let her go!

Garet : You're altering the bargain?

Menardi : Ha ha! We can't help it if you misinterpreted Saturos's terms!

Saturos : Besides, if we were to release Sheba, she'd be in quite a fix.

Mia : What do you mean?

Menardi : Sheba can't get back to Lalivero alone.

Ivan : What do you mean? We're going to take Sheba... Oh no...

Saturos : That's right. You won't be going back. This is it for you!

Mia : Excuse me?

Garet : Enough! You're the ones who aren't going anywhere!

Saturos : Bring it on, whelp! You won't live long enough to regret your
stupidity!

Menardi : Prepare to experience first-hand the horror of a master Fire Adept!

However, the battle that was supposed to ensure was not going to happen, as all of a sudden; Saturos and Menardi were engulfed in a flash of Green Energy, and then vanished completely from sight, leaving a confused group of people atop Venus Lighthouse.

Garet : Where did they go?

Felix : What just happened?

Ivan : I guess this means... our quest is complete?

Mia : But what about Jenna and Kraden? And Felix and Sheba?​

Saturos and Menardi discovered that they were not atop Venus Lighthouse anymore, they were... inside some kind of city? Upon closer inspection, it looked similar to Lalivero in terms of design but it was all wrecked and destroyed. Thousands of different looking beings roamed it, including some kind of small and fast creatures. If the people inside the church were near the door, they would spot two people bickering to themselves.

GSMenardi.pngGSSaturos.png

"Where are we?"
"Is this another test employed by the Lighthouse? No... This cannot be. We have been teleported just before we were to fight those fools."
"Regardless. Next time we meet them if ever, they shall feel our wrath---"

Menardi however was cut off as she had overheard chatter from across them. Two group of Soldiers appeared to be approaching them with Swords drawn.

"Hey, these guys actually look normal! Let's get 'em!"
"Normal? Hah. Ship of Fools."
"Prepare to experience the horror of two Master Fire Adepts!"

And so began the battle between the two Mystery People and the Guards of the City, in which Saturos and Menardi unleashed their power right from the get-go. Saturos utilised his Inferno Psynergy which caused several fireballs to form in front of him that converged onto the group that attacked him, incarcerating all of them while also scorching the ground around them.

Menardi's group had to deal with an incoming attack as she summoned forth a concentrated explosion of Flame in the center of their group, which left a large scorch mark on the detonation site, and sent every soldier flying around; one of them even landed in the Church where Meg and Shao Kahn were located, with visible fire burning their back.

"Help... Me... Those two are insane... Outside..."

@Not_Amy @Nero Kunivas

- Shao Kahn the Konqueror of Worlds -

The demon girl introduced herself as Meg and prostrated herself before the Kahn, seeking to serve it would seem, at least up to her own ends. Her acknowledgement of Shao Kahn as the one in charge pleased him greatly and Arc reaffirmed this by noting that it was Shao Kahn's decision to take her in, before departing from the church. Shao Kahn chuckled ever slightly, looking down upon Meg as he spoke softly, or as softly as a man like him could. "I know a thing or two about uppity pretenders to power and glory, Meg. And you have fire in your soul. Both qualities I admire, along with this...vicious brutality on display." Shao Kahn gestured around to the corpses, then smiled at the demon.

"I am Shao Kahn, the Konqueror of Worlds and it will be an extreme pleasure for you to serve alongside us, Demon of Earth. Now rise...and let us--" The Kahn was cut off by the sudden arrival of a burning man, clearly having been thrown a great distance and speed by something powerful. The broken soldier begged for help, sickening the Kahn who groaned in disgust as he lowered his Hammer and almost dismissively, crushed the man's skull with minimal effort, rubbing the entrails deeper into the dirt before slinging the hammer back over his shoulder.

"It would seem we have company. Now you can truly show me your potential, should they prove uncooperative...come!" He declared, turning to leave the church, gesturing for Meg to accompany him to meet up with the supposedly insane ones outside.

@Not_Amy @Wiggin

"Shaoh Kahn." Meg repeats the name to herself. Still doesn't ring a bell. So she concludes it must just be the man's passing resemblance to what humans thought Demons looked like. Was this guy a Demon, then? Doesn't feel like it, and she would know as Demons felt their own kind.

Questions for later.

"Thank you for allowing me to serve, Lord Shao Kahn." Meg rises from her bow just in time for some unfortunate sap to come flying in from outside and give a pained warning before Shao Kahn crushes him like a roach. She hears the ruckus outside, even peers around Shao Kahn to see two more unusual-looking people outside as the source. These ones had literal firepower. Joy.

"As you wish, my Lord." Meg says and follows him outside. "Please my Lord, allow me to speak to them first."

The Demon steels herself against this pair of pyromaniacs. Her powers may have been enough to counter one, not likely two. But she couldn't lose face in front of her temporary 'master' this early. While these two were obviously no friends of this city, that doesn't mean they would be their allies.

"You two!" Meg points her blade at them each. "You human, or something else?" She asks and lets her eyes go black for the time being to show she was more than a human with a pretty face.

@Nero Kunivas @Lady White

Once the two of them walked outside, Meg spoke to them while the two were fighting off Guards. Saturos swiftly slashed towards the one he was attacking, then motioned towards Menardi as he slowly approached the duo. Meg and Shao Kahn could easily notice the different coloured skin and the reptilian like scales on various parts of their skin.

"Another pair that wishes to challenge our might?"
"Something about them tells me that they aren't here to oppose us, otherwise they'd of attacked us already."
"It's a miracle that we can crush these pathetic fools under our boot heels."
"To think they could challenge us is a hilarity."

Saturos then stopped and brandished his weapon for a moment before putting it away and introducing himself.

"I am Saturos. Regarded by my home village as one of the strongest Mars Adepts to ever exist, alongside my partner Menardi over there."

As he motioned towards her, she had utilised another attack while summoned a wall of fire to engulf the group she was attacking, causing all of them to evaporate into bits of dust.

"You're in the presence of two Master Fire Adepts, Menardi and Saturos. You're clearly not from here, as we are not as well. Tell me, who exactly are you two? I'm beginning to judge that you are not what you appear to be, girl."

Menardi spoke, her statement clear while pointing at Meg.

@Not_Amy @Nero Kunivas