1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Previously on:

Heroes of different realities were transported suddenly from their home worlds. A flash of neon green light blinded them, and they felt as though they were falling from a great height. When they could feel ground beneath them, they were unharmed, but now placed in the ruins of a destroyed metropolis city.

e2e78264488e7a64fe161eac2281c6bd.jpg

Snow was trickling down from the sky, and the cold was reaching well below zero, with a snow storm creeping forwards. Exploring the city showed they were not the first to arrive, as corpses littered everywhere, each of a different military or race. Monsters of varying sizes stalked the old buildings, and off in the distance, even more bright green flashes could be seen. Some who arrived here were not the friendliest. (Hint: Nazi's.) While questions continued to build up as to how this world became this way, and why they were brought here, they were ambushed. Squads of advanced soldiers rushed them before they could even defend, acting with such precision timing, using weapons seemingly designed to incapacitate even the strongest among our heroes, the heroes were taken off guard by a force created just for them. They were taken prisoners, and flown hundreds of miles away from the city to a desert surrounded by mountains. Hiding between them was a base, used to contain 'scattered:' a term used by the soldiers for those who came from other worlds. It was a prison, one that went miles under ground, and designed solely for one thing. Experimentation.

The weapons and armor the soldiers used were designed here, made by testing the prison's prisoners. Corpses were burned by the dozen, screams echoed around the halls, guards played sadists with weaker prisoners, and the experiments done to our more powerful heroes left them bloodied and near death, all to see what made them tick, and how to put them down for good. Their stay did not last too long, however, as hours after they arrived in this place, the power shut down. And off in the distance, another bright flash of green light appeared, this time with such a force, it was like staring at a nuclear bomb going off. What came from that flash was a swarm of hundreds of the most dangerous predators one could ever meet face to face.

Xenomorphs.

Soon after they arrived, music began to play over the comms, speakers, anything with a microphone; playing loudly enough to attract the aliens. Without power, and their systems hacked, their defenses were weakened, and soldiers were massacred while trying to fight them off. The aliens soon traveled down into the prison below, but thankfully the cells were opened, and prisoners quickly tried escaping. Our heroes teamed back up again, with healers doing their best to revive the weakened comrades, but their escape wasn't just stopped by the Xenos, but also a suddenly influx of water. The base had suddenly gone into self-destruction, as all air vents were flooded with enough water to drown the whole underground. Exits were shut off, and airstrikes bombarded the base from the skies to kill off the aliens. Escape seemed impossible.

Thankfully for our heroes though, a Doctor came in to help. The Doctor. And not just one, but three, each taking charge to find a way out of the prison before the aliens got them, or the flooding did. By complete accident, when everyone was in the contraband warehouse of the prison, storing the gear of what seemed like hundreds of 'scattered' gear, someone actually managed to find a TARDIS, the famed ship of The Doctor. (Though the man standing in front of the box hiding the TARDIS got knocked out cold when a wall of the box suddenly fell onto his head.) The heroes rushed into the ship, and before the aliens busted in, they were gone. Now out of the fire, our team will now try to find the answer to the questions they arrived here with.

Where are they, why were they here, and what was doing this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the TARDIS flew out of the base, well it more just dematerialized, the whole place shook side to side, like it was sailing through a storm. It lasted for only a few minutes, but once it finished, everyone was sure to be dizzy and nauseous. 10 held onto the center console, keeping to his feet while the TARDIS shook, and when it all calmed down, he shouted, "Everyone alright?"

A few groans escaped some people, but Amy was first to shout, "I'm fine... Landed on my tailbone."

"I landed on my actual tail." Garrus commented, with Amy looking at him with that 'do you actually have a tail?' And Garrus quickly retorted with, "Nah, I'm kidding."

"Yeah, figured, you don't look the tail type of aliens." Amy again commented, offering a hand to help Garrus up, which the Turian accepted.

Rory, meanwhile, had landed on top of Laval his body sideways to hers. The moment he realized he was on her, he quickly got off. "Oh, s-sorry about that!" He also offered a hand to help her up.

Callintus was helped up by John, and Kirby jumped onto his feet by himself, already venturing around the TARDIS' interior to look it over. Alec probably had the most luck with people falling onto him, because a very flirtatious Abby commented on them being on top of each other another time, which..... Well, a small blush on Alec's cheeks showed that clearly took him off guard. "Oh, uhh... You love teasing, don't you." He said, trying to shake off the warm feeling on his face.

Luxem somehow ended up squeezed between Moire and Morgan-- scratch that, he was the luckiest, Morgan's chest was right in his face, and his arm was stuck under Moire's head. This...... shouldn't feel nice right now.

"How, by Julianos, does your door keep the water out?" Callintus asked. There wasn't a single drop slipping through the door, even though the water had reached past their hips by the time they got inside.

"We're not in the prison anymore, TARDIS moves through time and space using a thing called a time vortex, allows it to sort've 'move' without really moving, it sort've lives inside time itself, shifting its exterior to the vortex, flying to the appropriate point in the vortex, and then placing itself in the appropriate space & time within the physical universe... Imagine it like a rock," The Doctor made a hand gesture like he was holding a rock, "it's floating just above the ground, but when the Earth moves, it doesn't, so when you put it back down, it hasn't moved, rather the planet has." He also made a circle with his finger under his other hand to demonstrate the point.

"So.... it seemingly defies the laws of physics?"

"A bit, yeah."

"......... HAHAHAHAHA!!" Callintus let out a uproarious laugh, then hugged the good doctor; patting him on the back. "The things I've witnessed in my life, I yet still find myself discovering anew!"

The Doctor grunted once he got put into a hug, because Calli has very tight grip. "Well.... glad to broaden your horizons..." He just gasped out. Callintus let go and looked to the other Doctor's. "As well to you both! I can't say I've ever had the good fortune to meet reincarnated gods!"

"Wait, what?" Amy asked, as she came over to her Doctor. "You think the Doctor's a god?"

"You both mentioned something of 'regeneration,' isn't that simply another word for that?" Callintus argued. "I'm assuming you control the wonders of space and time from your worlds, no?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Callintus and the Doctors spoke to each other, and the others got reacquainted or explored the TARDIS a bit, a sudden bang would draw everyone to the center console. John, had thrown Scott, the prison guard caught up with them, back first into the controls, and when John threw a punch into his stomach; sending Scott to the floor, John drew his gun. "NONONO!" 10 shouted at Wick, attempting to grab his gun, but only to end up on his back, as John threw 10 over his shoulders the moment he tried grabbing his weapon.

Alec threw his own gun up to the back of Wick's head. "Put it down!" He shouted, as Garrus joined the Scotsman; aiming his rifle at John's chest.

John stayed quiet for a moment, before speaking up. "He was working for the prison. He has answers we need!"

"Y-Y-Yeah, I-I'll tell you everything!" The guard promised, as he threw an arm up from the floor, while the other hand clenched his stomach in pain. He coughed a few times, before speaking up.

"Everyone put your weapons down!" 10 shouted even louder, showing his rage. "We have had enough killing for one day, and what I don't need is blood shed within my TARDIS, so if you want to go back outside, you do what we say," pointing to himself, 11 and 13, "AND PUT, YOUR GUNS, AWAY!!" He screamed right into John's face, nose to nose with him, yet Babayega was unphased by it. A few more moments to silence passed, before Wick holstered his pistol. The moment 10 looked to Garrus and Alec, they did the same.

"That prison," 10 focused back on Scott, "what was it used for?"

"Keeping you all locked up." Scott quickly answered, leaning against the console as he stood back up.

"In cells or chains?" 10 asked, aggravated still. "You were holding many of us in this group in labs designed to torture them, why?"

"W-We have those labs to experiment with new tech we receive from scattered. From how diverse the scattered are, some don't die conventionally, so we try figuring out how they die--"

"Why?"

".... Did-Did you forget where we got you all from?--"

"No, why imprison them? Your world underwent catastrophe after catastrophe, you were invaded constantly by forces you didn't understand, but surely someone in your military or government knew that maybe there was a chance that one of these invaders could be spoken to, reasoned with, bargained with, so why capture every 'scattered' you come across and kill them?" He understood why they needed to evolve their defenses, as the threats this world faced were mighty. People were scared, and needed to adapt or die, but to kill all who came here without so much as to question them, why?

"We..... We never really gave it much thought." Scott answered honestly.

"Well, then your bosses are clearly stupid and ignorant if they believe sadism is how to solve the issue."

"L-Look, most of us there didn't want to do this!" Scott tried to explain. "I-I was horrified by what was happening there, I wanted to protect my home, I didn't--I didn't--"

"You didn't what?" The Doctor now got closer to Scott, anger and fire in his eyes as he stared directly back at Scott's.

"I-I-I... I-I... M-Michael, Michael Elgin, the man in charge of the prison, he enforced these rules about treatment of prisoners, and-and he punished soldiers who didn't abide, if-if-if I didn't do what he said, he-he'd have me executed for treason!--"

"No lieutenant has that much control in a prison, much less a military base!" Alec commented.

"But-But the brass he worked under didn't care, they just wanted results, and he gave them! They don't give a shit about regulations, everyone knows they're corrupt as hell"

"The military?"

"Them, the government, congress, it's all trumped up, they just want scattered dead under any circumstances!... L-Look, I know you all want my head, but trust me, I didn't want to be there as much as you! I was told I was going to be on recon for scattered territory, places where scattered show up the most, I didn't think that meant I'd end up watching people get spikes stabbed into their arms!"

"So what, is this a 1984 government system?" Rory asked, to which Michael asked,

"What the hell is that?"

"Of course he doesn't know." Rory threw up his arms. "So we're facing Ingsoc apparently!"

"Ingsoc?" Garrus asked.

"Fictional totalitarian party in a book about authoritarian governments ruling the world." Rory answered.

"You really think the government in this world would become that?"

"Well given how destroyed this world is, I'm shocked there's even still a civilization standing, and if there is, I'm not shocked."

"Make enough people scared, they'll follow anyone who can protect them... even if they're the ones they should be the most scared of." 10 commented. "Your government, where is it located?"

"Central Europe. Most of the cities bordering around the oceans were the first to be invaded by scattered, so many leaders went inland."

"Wait, wait, wait, I wanna guess......... Moscow?" Alec asked.

"I don't know what the city was called before."

"Does it have the Kremlin?"

".... Yes?"

"Oh I knew it!" Alec shouted out with laughter.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Epiphany
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trigger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group had successfully made their escape into the Tardis. After a few seconds of relaxing, the room began to shake. It was caused by the doctors frantically bashing their hands on the buttons of the console in the center. Having no warning, Trigger was immediately thrown away from the door and landed face first onto the floor. His chin bounced and skidded across the hard metal floor.
“You could have provided a little more warning next time…” he said, slightly annoyed. Trigger sat there on the ground for a few seconds, trying to let the pain fade. The conversation of what was happening in the base went on over his head. It eventually ended with Alec exclaiming something, but Trigger mainly ignored it. Slowly getting up, He asked “Now that we have all that information done with-” Trigger took out his gun and aimed it at the 10th doctor “-I would like you to-” Trigger’s hand convulsed and immediately dropped the weapon. He sighed, picking the gun back up. Trigger went to raise it at the 11th doctor this time, but again, his hand twitched and threw the weapon on the ground. “Fucking never mind…” he growled, disappearing into a nearby hallway that lead further into the Tardis.
What was going on? Why couldn’t he use his hand correctly? Trigger sat down and leaned against the corridor’s walls. This wasn’t the first time he was having issues like this either. Trigger’s entire body had been acting up when he had thoughts of leaving the group. He stared at his right hand as it continued to tremble. Pain was surging through his entire arm and up to his shoulder.

Dusk

While the Tardis rattled around and bounced its passengers, Dusk stood motionless on the wall. The gigantic creature at on point stood up to assist the fallen passengers, but hesitated when his hand emerged from his cloak. Dusk was thinking back to that endless void filled with water. It was filled with red water at some point. How had Dusk gotten there? why did he wake up underwater with a sword in his hands? He couldn’t understand what made this blackout so different than the other ones. On other occasions, Dusk had woken up in the middle of the same building, right next to the test tube where he was conceived. Where did the sword come from? Dusk slowly retracted into his cloak, and stood again, motionless.

Sammy

Sammy had slowly curled up on the floor by now, rocking back and forth. She was trying to slow her breathing, otherwise she would go into a full-blown panic attack. The xenomorphs were one thing, but she could at least handle them, but the elevator had really shaken her. Sammy couldn’t have prevented the eventual fall, and she was barely saved. What would’ve happened if she wasn’t able to get out in time? How long would that fall have been? The image of her slowly falling motionless in the center of that elevator frightened her even more.
When the Tardis shook, she slid along the floor at least five inches. Sammy covered her head when the man in the black suit pushed the random soldier into the console. “We have to go back…” she mumbled. Sammy was unsure why she still wanted to see if people needed saving, but even in her uncontrollable fear, she was going to save those civilians. “We have to go back…”

Jacket

As the so called "TARDIS" shook and rumbled, knocking everyone about as if they were inside a roller coaster. Jacket did his best to remain upright by holding onto support pole thing with a grip that could only be achieved by dead-men.

Some of the others didn't have that much luck, some of them falling over while others managed to stay up like the blonde woman and the cloaked skull beast thing. Once the shaking stopped, Jacket went about helping people up, giving some a pat on the back while others he would wave for someone to come and help them with any injuries they sustained from the ordeal.

Up until John attacked what looked like a guard from the prison. And then the Scottish man and the alien pointed their guns at John, one of the "Doctors" screaming about no bloodshed in the TARDIS. While that was going on, Jacket made his way up to where the standoff was, behind Alec and his alien compatriot pointed their weapons at John. Aiming his piece at the Scottish man, holding the weapon just at the right angle that the recoil from the gun would put its sights onto the alien.

But thankfully before a full-blown fight could ensue, the situation was defused. Once everyone put their weapons down, Jacket turned the safety on his gun back on, letting the arm holding the modified Mac-10 fall back to his side. Adrenaline was still coursing through Jacket's veins, so in case shit went south, he'd have John's back like he did with the others in the Payday gang.

So as the guard spilled the beans on why they were locked up, who ran the show and where the base was located.

Moscow.

While Jacket tolerated Russians like Vlad, Sokal and whomever wasn't a complete scumbag, he still hated a good portion of them for what their mafia Russian friends did to Beard. No man deserved to go like that, especially not one who was Jacket's only real best friend that was still alive from their days in the military.

Anger came back to Jacket, a feeling that had before was merely a shadow when used in special circumstances, was now like a raging fire threatening to overtake the once calm almost deadpan forest that was the demeanor of the man.

But he managed to not lose his shit by taking out of the ruined cigarettes, sticking it in his mouth after taking off the chicken mask, and pantomimed lighting it up and smoking it. As lighting up what was a soggy piece of paper wrapped tobacco would produce horrible results. The mimicking of the action of smoking managed to calm his nerves, but unless the man got a new pack of cancer-sticks and get his tape player fixed, his mood was only sated for a time.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin

• Sweet
KAORI

Everything seemed to happen so fast. One moment everything was relatively relaxed as everyone retrieved their stuff, the next moment all hell seemed to break loose once more. Kaori barely had enough time to thank who helped her up before panic spread throughout the room again. Thankfully her newfound limbs seemed to want to cooperate more willingly as the adrenaline kicked in, the woman rushing over to rearm herself with her stolen guard rifle.

To say she was absolutely terrified would have been an understatement.

Yet their salvation came. Some strange teleportation device called the "TARDIS" would be their way out. When she finally managed to squeeze past everyone else and get inside, a moment of awe hit her. This thing was... impossibly big on the inside. How and why this thing worked would have to be questions for later. They were spared not a moment of relaxation before most people were sent tumbling to the floor, herself included. Kaori yelped as she fell backwards, succumbing to how back heavy she was now with her robot arms. She grunted in pain as she hit the floor, the thunk of the metal exo-skeleton barely audible amidst the chaos.

And so she did what any logical person would do: Assume a fetal position, covering her head with her arms to avoid having some extra head trauma added on to her list of woes today. Thankfully, it seemed to end almost as quickly as it had begun, and soon the TARDIS returned to normal stabilization... Or at least what she hoped was the norm.

Slowly uncurling herself from her ball of protection, Kaori pulled herself off up the floor, rubbing her shoulder from where it bruised during the fall. She listened to the scuffle that followed between the doctors and a few of the others, retreating to the outer fringes of the gathered group so she would not risk getting caught up in it. The words and names they spoke made little sense to her, but it seemed a lot of the others amidst them felt the same way.

Her attention was grabbed by that of a woman still curled up on the floor, rocking herself back and forth while mumbling deliriously. Kaori glanced around, looking to see if anyone else was going to attend to her first. When no one else stepped forward, she made her way over to her, speaking gently as she approached. "Hey... Are you okay? It's going to be alright. We're safe in here."

@Wiggin

• Sympathy & Compassion
Nomad

As the group funneled into what Nomad thought was a death-trap, Nomad kept the rear with the "appropriated" revolver to shoot any of the xenos that got too close or tried to rush them.

The bigger on the inside police box, was used as their getaway. Rocking and turning, knocking the occupants about and causing a general shitshow. When things ended and there was a scuffle of sorts between individuals, Nomad was approached by the tree lady, Reegan. Whom pointed out Eye Dee Kay.

"Yeah, he's my all-too serious buddy. He's also the one that brought me back to life as a Guardian and is the only connection to the Traveler I have to keep my powers as a Guardian."

The Ghost in question would materialize next to Nomad. Extremely cautious considering the look on Reegan's face. "Yeah, not evil at all, so would appreciate a different look..."

"She's cool, Eye Dee Kay, just wary of you. If I was her, I'd be plenty suspicious of you."

"Sure..."

With that said, his Ghost reintegrated with him. So he would turn back to Reegan. "So how's everyone so far?"

@littlekreen

• Bucket of Rainbows
As the water came for them again and the Xenomorph emerged into the dark Reegan's glow seen to the eye once more. Though weaker after neither sun nor dirt in some time raised the damaged arm with bangles. Each hover centered on her arm to hum in tune to her concentration. The other swung in a wide arc about her shoulder as a clapper to toll the bells of war. Two fingers then pull the fore bracelet to the rear at her shoulder. A thick recurve wrought in yellow light erupts from her clenched hand. One twitch of her fingers a violent note erupts an elven arrow from her palm. A supersonic crack heard by those fleeing downfield as what the foundation called SCP-154 erupted her arrows afield. There were a few splattering noises and the sizzle of acid as Reegan shot around them. Screaming failures of wood and metal as Reegan shot targets behind them. When Kirby took the creatures and shot down the hallway she almost shot him too. Instead, Reegan held her fire to cover the escape as all retreated to the Tardis. The pixie instead retreated to the safety of Reegan's head having no love of danger.

As the Tardis door closed and it erupted through the planes Reegan nausea grew. A rooty leg shot out sideways to clamp one of the crystal pillars at the wall. Between the activity and the growing sickness, Reegan thought there might be someone held fast by her foot. Too busy holding on once the motion stopped and John threw the guard about Reegan collapsed to retch. Fine sparkles of orange mist pulsed out of her with each gag.

Finally the moment and fluid passed as she stood up again. Listening to the guard talk and his weak excuses.

A deep German-accented collection of acrid-tempered voices intoned, "Befehl ist Befehl."
@Wade Von Doom

A shake of her head to fling foreign noise out of it heard a particular voice. Only able to hear the questions it made now that she is stable had an idea from where. A strange half-conversation.

She eyed the cloaked Dusk a soft voice said closed-mouthed from across the room, [The red wrath within you made the sword. Mages pried open things inside us not to be trifled with, Nahlotkunoth. You are not alone.]
@Wiggin

The man on the pole next to her, Jacket, gained her notice by the rustle of his mask. An eye to the sodden cigarette understood what it was for at the moment and pondered how to help. Stress wasn't good for the Tommies much less while getting shot at. Eying the gash in her arm winced as she scored the top layer of her skin at one edge in a square. Peeled away with a wet noise the luminous top barky layer came off readily. It would regrow. two fingers scored petals along two strands of her hair as she adeptly rolled a small cigarette. Not entirely sure what she was doing as the skills faded already knew it would burn well enough. Spriggan sap was mildly flammable. Alchemy told her it would fortify alteration and instill magicka but nothing untoward as far as she knew. Reegan walked over to the seething man and quietly put the long-familiar twist in an exposed pocket. A flat-hand salute started then stopped halfway as she forgot why she was doing it. A yellow-eyed smile later left Jacket be. The front had its troubles she thought she ought to let the man deal with them first.

Then she noticed a strange soul inside the other fellow, nomad. Much like the many half-dead dragged into her tunnels with a feral parasite. Accosting him with a close inspection she relented at his explanation and relaxed.

Reegan looked at Eye Dee Kay as it materialized saying, "Many seem stressed and I worry for them. It is good for them to have a place of peace. You have shed the soiled raiment already? We approve it does your strength justice. Your Traveler must do for you what Magnus does for me. I rise in time with the light if too damaged."

Reegan points at the faint distortion where her connection to the shores lay, "I can tether the anchor of the Blessed to call them back if they are broken. My light here is diminished though. This Eye Dee Kay is your anchor?"

She eyed Nomad's pistol, "I think Alec's companion is returning from the dreamsleeve. I remember how to use pistols again. Perhaps he has proven strong enough to choose to become Blessed."
@The Wanderer

• According to Plan
- Artis Solum, Twilight Warrior - TARDIS Escape - @Wade Von Doom

Between their imprisonment, Xenomorph attacks and now violence within an alien ship disguised as a telephone box, Artis couldn't quite believe his eyes, nay he was practically in shock when he entered the TARDIS, barely being able to stay standing as it would then rock violently as it departed the prison. Even when the TARDIS's movement settled, the situation worsened for a time, when a man in a black suit prepared for a violent interrogation of a Prison Guard, the Doctor attempting to stop him, more guns being raised along with the Doctor's voice, all of it didn't seem to reach Artis whatsoever, the boy still gawping at the TARDIS with visible wonder and shock on his face.

"I-It's...it's b-bigger on the inside...?" The boy just managed to croak out, balancing himself against one of the TARDIS's railings so he wouldn't fall backwards.

- Thor Odinson, God of Thunder - TARDIS Escape - @Wade Von Doom

Thor was able to withstand the shaking of the TARDIS as it traveled through space and time more than most, being the Asgardian beefcake he was and while he would ignite his appropriated Lightsaber in response to the encroaching threat of an all-out fight caused by John Wick, The Doctor's defusing of the situation rendered any action on Thor's part unnecessary, so he put the Jedi weapon away. Casually, he would pat Artis on the back as the boy was paralyzed by wonder.

"Not the strangest place I've been, kid. You'll get used to it yourself, sooner or later." Thor concluded, though sub-consciously he kept Artis steady by holding his shoulder.

Last edited:
Ayana

The dragon-girl braced with the wall as the 'TARDIS' shook, clinging onto some bits that stook out for dear life. Once it died down someone got upitty and started beating the shit out of their prisoner. Which was a scene she watched in interest; with a hand on one of the 'laser guns' tucked inside her cloak of course. Luckily, the situation quickly defused itself- though that man in the suit... definitely one to watch out for. He was... dangerous, dangerous in a way rarely seen or spoken of, the quality of being 'just that good'- something she had seen some of the people who worked under her aspire to be, though never really reached. Though it was still possible the man was cheating somehow, it was entirely possible that he was simply the result of years upon years of experience and training.

Where she came from, you either 'cheated' by having magic or some sort of special ability- or if you couldn't get your hands on that... you just got 'just that good' (something that had a semi-magical quality of its own in most people's eyes). If you had the time, you should really try to do both. A topic that had started drunken discussions about 'really old, but still fit, wizards' and 'how the fuck you would beat one of those'. Though those memories soon turned sour as she once again remembered that all her friends were now dead or worse.

Sighing, she pulled herself away from her trip down memory lane and looked around once more... and of course Sammy is now a crying wreck on the floor blubbering about how 'we have to go back'. At least someone was trying to comfort the girl?

Taking a deep breath and letting it out, Ayana resolved herself to trying to talk Sammy out of that suicidal course of action. Something that would end in naught but disaster for that girl- even if by the end of it she managed to come out alive going into it as she was now. Hopefully, the girl was just complaining about something she left behind and not... something more heroic, yet stupid.

@Wiggin
Ayana pulled back her hood and crouched down next to Sammy, "'We have to go back'? Go back for what?" Alright, let the girl speak- find out what she wants. Then shut it down as gently as possible as to stop this girl from running off to her death. At least, that was the plan.

Talking to the only other person around with a working Keyblade would have to wait until later sadly.

• Sweet
Lavaetain groaned a bit as she overheard Alec's explanation. It all made sense to her. Even the doctors bit about how the Tardis worked and everything. She wasn't a theoretical magicist, but she had heard about such theories explained in youtube videos and science newspaper articles and it wasn't that hard at all for her to figure out. Typically when something was 'bigger' on the inside instead of the out it simply meant that there was a portal lodged in the opening. Take a small sack, stick a portal in the opening, and an entire closet for the other, and you could massively enhance your carrying capacity with no extra weight to yourself. It would be so expensive only the extremely wealthy could afford it and would have tons of problems, but it was doable in theory. So if you can conceptualize such a thing why would a TARDIS be any harder?

Of course then there was the bit about Moscow. In her world Moscow had become the capitol of the Russian Republic which was a communist dictatorship which had been the AE's main rival for decades. Both in nuclear and gem warheads they had been capable of severely crippling each other without even firing a shot until a magical force far greater than any spell had crippled the Republic. A force named 'Economic collapse'. Now they were no longer communist and effectively defanged, but a lot of people still made them out to be boogiemen to the AE. Course, in a different dimension, why would that be true still?

"So, if you forgive my asking, what sort of reality are we in now?" she asked simply enough. "I mean, I am entirely positive this is not my reality and couldn't we just... actually, could this Tardis just drop us off in our home dimensions like that? Get this whole mess sorted out in half an hour by returning us all home? I'm certain the officials in the Empire are getting mighty antsy at my sudden vanishing while fighting effectively a drugged up civilian."

• Love
- Lord Horus, Iron Lord of Eternal Radiance - TARDIS Escape - @Snowtwo

"If only it were that simple..." Lord Horus mused aloud at Lavaetain's suggestion, though a faint tone of hope could be sensed amidst his doubt as to whether it could be so easy. "I suppose The Doctor can try, but I cannot shake the feeling that we won't be getting off so easily, my friend. There's got to be more to this, we didn't all just get piled together in a world we don't understand, from all corners of the universe, for no reason. Surely?" Horus went on, ending with a questioning shrug of his arms. Horus's Ghost meanwhile, was fervently analyzing the TARDIS and was positively giddy about the prospect, repeatedly dashing around the main console and scanning.

"This technology is unlike anything I've ever seen, Guardian! Some of the structure shares similarities to coral reefs, ooh! And it's power source is giving off readings of a temporal nature, though it's...beating? Like a heart? Sorry, this is all so new to me, I just need several solar cycles to get to grips with this!" Horus's Ghost rattled in an excited and intrigued tone, still scanning as he did, glossing over the still covered up Heart of the TARDIS with naught but confusion and a tinge of fear.

- Sub-Zero, Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei - TARDIS Escape - @Wiggin @ChrisClark13 @OSDDefrag

With arms folded across his chest, Kuai Liang stood near the clearly traumatized Sammy, Kaori attempting to comfort her and Ayana inquiring as to what ailed the former to such a degree that she wanted to return to that hellhole. Sub-Zero wouldn't crowd the poor girl, but he would speak up promptly.

"We cannot go back. Not there, to do so would be paramount to suicide. The Xenomorphs would tear you to pieces..." Clearly, Kuai Liang was not all about letting people down gently, instead preferring to dispel any foolish notions right where they stand as he spoke clearly and to the point, shaking his head at first. He then heeded Ayana's curiosity and let his arms drop to his sides. "We barely escaped with our lives, what could be so important that you'd risk going back?" He went on with his own twang of curiosity, but his furrowed eyebrows showed he likely wouldn't answer in an agreeable manner no matter what Sammy said.

Scott groaned in pain as Shirou helped him back on his feet. The red-haired youth had nearly started projecting his blades when the Doctor intervened. Thankfully Scott was no worse for wear, save for some bruising.

"Ugh...thanks kid," Scott breathed, giving another cough.

"You're welcome," Shirou replied back. "Also...I have a confession to make. I lied to you earlier, when I said I made a blade that would kill you if you thought about killing me. I can't do anything like that. I can make magic blades, but nothing that can do something like that. Sorry."

Scott stared at Shirou for a moment, and then burst out laughing, coughing a bit more in the process. "Ow...Jesus Christ, Shirou. That's...I don't think I can bring myself to feel mad about that, all things considered. I'm just glad I'm still alive."

Scott's expression then turned serious. "...Question is what the hell happens now. I really hope the Doctor isn't planning on just barging right into Moscow. I don't see that ending well."

Shirou wondered about that as well. On the one hand, the Doctor seemed like a very sharp and capable person, especially if the TARDIS was anything to go by. But on the other, he definitely had a whimsical and eccentric air about him. Same with the other Doctors, really.

Deciding the direct approach was best, Shirou walked over to the command console where the Doctors had congregated. He heard Lavaetain's question to the trio, and decided to follow up on that. "I'd like to know that as well, whether we can go back to our respective homes using the TARDIS. Though honestly, considering the sheer number of people and items we've seen from the 'scattered', it sounds like just going home might be the least of our concerns...assuming that's even an option."

"I'd like to second that," another voice spoke up. It was Samuel Esperanza, the young mech pilot whom the 13th Doctor had rescued from the base earlier. For those who hadn't already seen him, he was young man with fair skin, brown hair in a slightly overgrown crew cut, and a short, rough-looking beard and moustache. Going off the somewhat haggard look on his face, it definitely looked like he hadn't had a good week. He was currently wearing his military hard-suit, with the helmet tucked under his arm.

"You helped rescue us from that death trap back there, and I'm grateful for that, but...I really, really want to know exactly where it is we're going next...and if there's a way to get us all back home. I'm...I was fighting in a war, to protect my homeworld when I was...'scattered', I guess. I was already stuck in that prison base for a whole week when you guys showed up, assuming this hasn't all been one giant, extremely elaborate hallucination," he says, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Gods...I still cannot believe this is all actually real. But...my existential crisis can wait. What exactly are our options here?"

@Wade Von Doom @Nero Kunivas @The Wanderer @Wiggin @Snowtwo @Not_Amy

• Useful
Sammy

Sammy wasn’t sure what was happening, she looked up to see two people trying to comfort her, and other trying to convince her not to go back. Visions of corpses floating in a flooded cafeteria flashed through her mind. Sammy felt like she needed to help those people, but at the same time her intense fear of death was nagging at her. She didn’t want to die of course, but the thought of leaving those people in that facility was seriously hitting her conscience. She had been raised to help people she saw in danger, there was no way she was just going to up and abandon the people she had been imprisoned with for all those months she had been there.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she stood up. It felt like Sammy had just flicked a switch in herself, since her entire stance had changed from before. Instead of being curled into herself, her form had now become more pronounced. “I’m… I’m ok…” she mumbled. Shadows from the harsh light of the tardis covered her face, concealing the wet lines on her cheeks. Sammy didn’t even notice that her fists were clenched. "We need to go back because…” she swallowed away a small whimper, “because I can't just leave those people to die…” Sammy said, unnaturally steady considering she had been stuttering a great deal earlier. “I was on that planet for three months, and I’m not going to subject anyone to that kind of hell,” she stated, although her voice was now dipping off into the same shakiness as before.

Slowly, Sammy returned to her sitting position in silence. Her fists were still clenched, but not as hard as before.

Dusk

Things seemed to have died down. Everyone was back on their feet, and they were discussing their plans. Dusk looked over at Reegan almost in a questioning way, but he didn’t want to try and pry information out of the wooden creature. The large being stared at his own hand, trying to dig into his own thoughts. The voice was gone, at least for now, but he could still feel it’s presence. Dusk could feel tension coursing through his whole body. Meditation would not fix this type of tension, only the satisfaction of killing. This was who Dusk truly was, or at least he thought it was who his true self was. In reality, he was a machine, born and bred for death. Dusk shook away the thoughts, if he was going to get through this entire ordeal, he needed to have a clear mind.

Trigger

Trigger was in the middle of his own thoughts when he heard voices begin to stir in the main control room. Hoping they had something to do with him getting home, he wandered back in from the corridor he had hid in. The last few sentences he heard had something to do with with the transportation home. Hearing a chance to get home, Trigger piped in “I would really enjoy being at home right now, so if you could get that whole ‘going home’ thing going that would be nice” finally ending with leaning on a nearby wall.

He began to fiddle with the large rifle and its clean finish. Not much could be gleaned from it, other than the fact that it was some sort of alien weapon. Trigger shrugged, and holstered it around his shoulder.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reegan heard the cries of Sammy to go back and had similar habits to the ice mage she called out to, "By the end of my battle with Nhalotkunoth there were none left alive. I collected the lost or broken souls that still had the will to pass on. There is no point in going back."
@Nero Kunivas

The ones more recently dead had even clambered across her up the ceiling to get to her portal. Those whose loose souls wandered from long-broken bodies but contained by the amount of death in that cafeteria found a light of Magnus to free themselves instead. While she could feel them pass within her hanging in the ceiling as she did the ones climbing up her body made black skeletal handprints up her legs and anchor holds on her torso. Even rushing angry water in the warehouse had not washed those ashes away.

Even without pupils her gaze still ran over Sammy's pained face as the pale eye sockets relaxed her wooden gaze, "Everything that remains of them sleeps within my part of the Dreamsleeve. I don't have time to make two dozen children from the souls soiled by the... Xenomorphs. They will have a second chance someday."
@Wiggin

Her best attempt at brightening the mood came with an open handed gesture from a place of different understanding, "Though I will have to locate... a large number of fathers to return them to the cycle at the rate I am collecting dark souls. Some of me may be soft but I would still wear a single even mountainous man down."

That particular comment perhaps made it more obvious that she did not wear pants and that her interior flesh was bright green. At least the exposed portions thereof and the slightly pale bumps on her bust. Not that Reegan saw the nudity as any particular problem with her complete lack of modesty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The 13th Doctor - Character Sheet

“Controlling space and time is impossible.” The Thirteenth Doctor politely corrects Callintus on that matter “It's more the TARDIS is a boat sailing an ocean with points in time and space like islands. So we are more sailors in that regard." Thirteen finishes and feels quite proud of herself for that on-the-spot analogy. "Now let's see-" She is cut off by the loud BANG that makes her duck under the console.

"No guns!" She yells peering over the console at the standoff occurring feet from her. Seemed everyone with a gun was completely disregarding her. Which was beyond rude given the context. She remains peeking over the edge of the console watching until it de-escalates and diffuses completely. One of the young men, Trigger she learns later, points a gun at them and tries to threaten them into taking them all home, but his hand fails him. She stands and lets people have a discussion about options before putting her hand up with one finger and putting on as stern a face as possible.

"I understand we are all confused, maybe even scared, but! One more gun out and I will turn on the pacification field!"Her eyes dart around to her other incarnations along with Amy and Rory, hoping the look conveys her plea for them to play along. "Its non-lethal, obviously, but it is uncomfortable from what I have been told! Am. I. Understood?" She says sounding like a British nanny admonishing a group of unruly children. She looks around and one of the women seems to know what she was talking about and warns the rest.

"Right! Now that we are in agreement. I would not write off trans-universal travel just yet. If something was able to pull us from our worlds, there has to be a way to put us all back. It will just require more time, and maybe more power or components." Thirteen looks at a screen and nods "We only managed to move within this world in time and space, but that is better than nothing. And if this government has been conducting experiments, there may be answers in their research. An expedition to their capital may be in order. Just try not to kill in the pursuit of knowledge, alright?" She suggests and implores to the group.

Abby Dee/Courier Six - Character Sheet

“Hey now!” Abby turns at the first sound of trouble and, seeing people drawing weapons on one man, draws Lil’ Devil on him as well. There had been so much going on earlier, that she had missed the guard among their number. Evidently so had the others, until that one man just now.

Why hello there. Love that intensity. Abby thinks looking over John from the doorway. He was standing there with multiple weapons trained on him, and he was not faltering at all.

At the urging of one of the Doctors she lowers her pistol but doesn’t holster it until everyone else relaxes. To listen to Scott explain what has been going on, Abby goes from visibly curious to visibly pissed off. The female Doctor referred to as Thirteen takes a lull in the conversation to issue a stern warning. While her face isn’t convincing to Abby, the prospect of a pacification field makes her shudder.

“You heard the lady! You don’t want one of those things blocking your brain, trust me.” She warns the rest and shakes off the chills that had come on her.

“Goddamn it. Experiments. It’s Big Mountain, but a whole planet this time.” Abby groans and gets angrier as it turns out this miraculous machine wasn’t so miraculous as to let them all go home now.

“I don’t know about the rest of you, but if I can’t go home, then I may as well do what I do best.” Abby searches the floor for her helmet and goes over to pick it up. It had happened to roll near Sammy. She checks it to be sure it wasn’t damaged while still talking. “I am going to gear up again, and find more people who know more than I do until all those mad folks at the top are in the dirt. Who’s with me?”

Tsunade is silent while everything happens around her. The altercation with the prison guard who has gone AWOL doesn’t even stir her to more action than a look of disapproval. By all means she was fast enough to disarm the man who had started it; easily overpower him no matter what kind of martial arts he employed. But she refrains as she had anticipated he wasn’t about to kill the guard. That BANG could have been a killing blow if he had wanted it. It had been a shock tactic.

What does get Tsunade’s attention is when Trigger tries to threaten The Doctors and his hand does not cooperate. She takes a step to go tend to her patient but stops as Abby takes charge of the situation and calls for volunteers.

“I volunteer. Every team needs a medic and to my knowledge, there are not many present.” Tsunade volunteers without hesitation.

“Alright! Got a heavy hitter and medic, good start. Who else?” Abby asks while throwing a thumbs-up at Tsunade. The older woman returns the gesture with a small smile then proceeds to Trigger.

“You, young man. Show me your hands. I’m afraid you might have nerve damage, but I need to check myself.” Tsunade tells Trigger, holding out her right hand palm-up for his.

“Are you okay?” Morgan asks looking down at Luxem first then over at Moire before letting go of both.

When there is a sudden standoff Morgan’s ears fold back and she looks ready to jump into action. Against who? She didn't really know for certain as she was too far to do anything about John himself, but the others who had weapons trained on other people were in her range. A simple(she hopes) matter of disarming without having to take off any limbs. John throwing Ten almost makes her spring into action, but she refrains as another Doctor urges nobody to act in violence further.

The situation diffuses and moves on to the guard answering questions that had been burning in everyone’s mind to this point. They were indeed on a whole other world, another reality, but that much Morgan had put together herself as others may have. It was more illuminating to learn why they had all been imprisoned. It was how the people of this world dealt with interlopers. If the prison break had not happened Morgan would have likely been experimented on to discover what could kill her.

There is some talk about options. There is no prospect of this thing that had taken them out of prison taking them to their respective homes. One of them is desperate to return as he had a mission to fulfill, and Morgan can empathize with that deeply.

One of the women, the one who had earlier told Morgan there was no real leader of this group, takes charge in calling for volunteers to join her in an expedition against the powers-that-be.

Finally someone takes charge.

“I volunteer!” Morgan steps forward with hand raised. She looks aside at Moire and Luxem to see if they would be joining as well.

“And I got me an attack dog!” Abby laughs.

“I am not a dog, I am a Daimon.” Morgan corrects her with a brow furled in annoyance.

“A Dog Demon, whatever. Happy to have you…” Abby leaves an opening for her to fill in.

“I was given the name Morgan.” The woman replies, not wanting to bother correcting Abby again.

Maybe this one isn’t the best to follow, but at least she is confident.

• Love
The 11th Doctor

The ride out was bumpy but it was to be expected, given the rather great probability that the vortex the TARDIS flew through wasn't actually the same vortex it'd been designed for. The 11th Doctor gamely rode out the shockwave at the console, keeping his feet as well as 10 and 13 but peering intently at the panels and controls, evidently familiarizing himself with the new desktop.

@Wade Von Doom
The young man with the old eyes made a rather childish grimace during 10 and Callintus' conversation about physics. "Is that the explanation we're using now?" he said, in an incredulous tone that suggests it's not at all plausible. "It's like a rock? Right" He turned to the old knight, bright enthusiasm lighting up his features. "Imagine a piece of paper. Imagine a map, yeah? Islands and ocean, coastline and continents, mountains and forests all drawn out in detail. Now imagine a pen drawing a picture of a little blue box in the middle of those woods." And he mimicked his description by gesturing with his hands, pantomiming the act of drawing with his right and turning his left palm flat like a sheet of paper. "The blue box on the sheet of paper is the exterior you lot came through. But the TARDIS isn't the blue box on the sheet of paper." The 11th Doctor brandished his hand, still in the shape of holding a pen. "The TARDIS is the pen! And all it takes to move backwards and forwards in time, this way or that way in space is just..." His hand swooped back down to touch a different point on his palm. "Moving the pen."

"Moving the pen!" he repeated loudly, lifting both eyebrows and grinning at Amy and Rory like he'd just given a game-winning answer on Jeopardy.

Glancing back at 10, 11's smile slipped away and he turned his attention back to the TARDIS console while mumbling, "Like a rock."

@Not_Amy
The 13th Doctor's own observation returned a bit of his smile, though. "Does that mean I can wear a mariner's cap?"

The abrupt bang followed by the sudden violent escalation resulted in the 11th Doctor brandishing his sonic screwdriver once more but the 10th Doctor seemed to have it all well in hand. Instead, he listened and his features grew grave as he listened to Scott's description. Then, as conversation broke down and people traded remarks about the government, the Time Lord stepped forward and peered into Scott's eyes.

"It's not just people, though, is it. Your planet's not just receiving visitors. It's receiving places. Back there, in the Mall you lot found us in, we were at a beach for a minute. An actual beach. When we popped back into the Mall, most of us brought some water back with us. This world has cosmological anomalies like nothing I've ever seen before and visitors you lock up are only the beginning of your problems. Realities familiar and foreign are colliding, grinding up against each other. It's like a convergent boundary between two tectonic plates beneath the surface, locked against each other, bits of one breaking off into the other. But your visitors may be just a side effect of a much bigger problem. Eventually you could experience stick-slip behavior, when pressure is suddenly released. On planets, it takes the form of an earthquake. In the case of convergent realities..." He shook his head grimly and said "The only guess I'll venture is that I don't want to be here when it happens."

"Help us," the 11th Doctor said, stepping forward again until he was nearly nose to nose with Scott. "Help us help you, your family and your people, everyone you've ever known. We have to find out what's causing this if there's any hope of saving them."

@Snowtwo @BobTheNinja @Not_Amy
Lavaetain's questions turned the Time Lord's attention next, echoed by Shirou's own follow up. With a sigh, he reached up and scratched the back of his head, further mussing hair that looked like getting mussed was a daily hazard. 13's observation prompted a respectful nod towards her before he turned back to Lavaetain, Shirou and the others. "As my counterpart suggested, we might be able to get back home via the TARDIS if we're able to find a conduit or a transit path. But this ship was designed to travel through space and time. Occasionally we've managed to hop a dimension. All this is something wholly new for all of us. To borrow her illustration of a ship, imagine us sailing a lake. Now imagine some force scooped up our boat and landed us in an entirely different lake. It's still water so we can sail but we can't just set a course back towards our original lakes. There's land in the way. Hopefully we can find a connecting river." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before muttering, "Or make one..."

"Right, capital it is. Scott, can you suggest a place we can land? Or even a time possibly? With all the catastrophes you've suffered, possibly you've lost the place that might have the answers we're looking for. If you can give us a time frame for when it existed, though, we could give it a try."

Moire B-220

@Not_Amy @Wade Von Doom
Moire bore the ride with stoic grace, anchoring herself next to a support pillar given how bumpy the ride was. For all the good it did her. A sharp bang and she was tossed into Luxem and Morgan, until the three landed in an awkward pile together. Given her Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor massed half a ton, she let the other two extract themselves first, shifting as needed, until they were clear and it was safe for her to get up without accidentally crushing someone.

The tense standoff around the console room likewise happened far enough away that adding another gun to the mix would only increase the likelihood of friendly fire. Or hitting an essential system. Thankfully, two of the people who were supposedly the same person calmed things down while the third looked on.

When Abby spoke up asking for volunteers, Moire noted Morgan's swiftness to volunteer and raised an arm as well. Then she spoke up, and her voice carried over the console room, practiced as it was at speaking over battlefield conditions. "Someone did this to us. But knocking down every door will cause them to run. We need good reconnaissance. If that man," she gestured to Scott, "knows a place and people who can provide those answers, we need to know what we can in advance. We need a strategy to define key objectives and then we need tactical deployments to accomplish those objectives. Rushing in is what keeps a young Marine from becoming an old Marine."

Surveying the room, Moire added, "Does anyone here have any special skills or training for information gathering?"

Reactions: littlekreen
Lavaetain groaned a bit as she overheard Alec's explanation. It all made sense to her. Even the doctors bit about how the Tardis worked and everything. She wasn't a theoretical magicist, but she had heard about such theories explained in youtube videos and science newspaper articles and it wasn't that hard at all for her to figure out. Typically when something was 'bigger' on the inside instead of the out it simply meant that there was a portal lodged in the opening. Take a small sack, stick a portal in the opening, and an entire closet for the other, and you could massively enhance your carrying capacity with no extra weight to yourself. It would be so expensive only the extremely wealthy could afford it and would have tons of problems, but it was doable in theory. So if you can conceptualize such a thing why would a TARDIS be any harder?

Of course then there was the bit about Moscow. In her world Moscow had become the capitol of the Russian Republic which was a communist dictatorship which had been the AE's main rival for decades. Both in nuclear and gem warheads they had been capable of severely crippling each other without even firing a shot until a magical force far greater than any spell had crippled the Republic. A force named 'Economic collapse'. Now they were no longer communist and effectively defanged, but a lot of people still made them out to be boogiemen to the AE. Course, in a different dimension, why would that be true still?

"So, if you forgive my asking, what sort of reality are we in now?" she asked simply enough. "I mean, I am entirely positive this is not my reality and couldn't we just... actually, could this Tardis just drop us off in our home dimensions like that? Get this whole mess sorted out in half an hour by returning us all home? I'm certain the officials in the Empire are getting mighty antsy at my sudden vanishing while fighting effectively a drugged up civilian."
Scott groaned in pain as Shirou helped him back on his feet. The red-haired youth had nearly started projecting his blades when the Doctor intervened. Thankfully Scott was no worse for wear, save for some bruising.

"Ugh...thanks kid," Scott breathed, giving another cough.

"You're welcome," Shirou replied back. "Also...I have a confession to make. I lied to you earlier, when I said I made a blade that would kill you if you thought about killing me. I can't do anything like that. I can make magic blades, but nothing that can do something like that. Sorry."

Scott stared at Shirou for a moment, and then burst out laughing, coughing a bit more in the process. "Ow...Jesus Christ, Shirou. That's...I don't think I can bring myself to feel mad about that, all things considered. I'm just glad I'm still alive."

Scott's expression then turned serious. "...Question is what the hell happens now. I really hope the Doctor isn't planning on just barging right into Moscow. I don't see that ending well."

Shirou wondered about that as well. On the one hand, the Doctor seemed like a very sharp and capable person, especially if the TARDIS was anything to go by. But on the other, he definitely had a whimsical and eccentric air about him. Same with the other Doctors, really.

Deciding the direct approach was best, Shirou walked over to the command console where the Doctors had congregated. He heard Lavaetain's question to the trio, and decided to follow up on that. "I'd like to know that as well, whether we can go back to our respective homes using the TARDIS. Though honestly, considering the sheer number of people and items we've seen from the 'scattered', it sounds like just going home might be the least of our concerns...assuming that's even an option."

"I'd like to second that," another voice spoke up. It was Samuel Esperanza, the young mech pilot whom the 13th Doctor had rescued from the base earlier. For those who hadn't already seen him, he was young man with fair skin, brown hair in a slightly overgrown crew cut, and a short, rough-looking beard and moustache. Going off the somewhat haggard look on his face, it definitely looked like he hadn't had a good week. He was currently wearing his military hard-suit, with the helmet tucked under his arm.

"You helped rescue us from that death trap back there, and I'm grateful for that, but...I really, really want to know exactly where it is we're going next...and if there's a way to get us all back home. I'm...I was fighting in a war, to protect my homeworld when I was...'scattered', I guess. I was already stuck in that prison base for a whole week when you guys showed up, assuming this hasn't all been one giant, extremely elaborate hallucination," he says, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Gods...I still cannot believe this is all actually real. But...my existential crisis can wait. What exactly are our options here?"

@Wade Von Doom @Nero Kunivas @The Wanderer @Wiggin @Snowtwo @Not_Amy
Sammy

Sammy wasn’t sure what was happening, she looked up to see two people trying to comfort her, and other trying to convince her not to go back. Visions of corpses floating in a flooded cafeteria flashed through her mind. Sammy felt like she needed to help those people, but at the same time her intense fear of death was nagging at her. She didn’t want to die of course, but the thought of leaving those people in that facility was seriously hitting her conscience. She had been raised to help people she saw in danger, there was no way she was just going to up and abandon the people she had been imprisoned with for all those months she had been there.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she stood up. It felt like Sammy had just flicked a switch in herself, since her entire stance had changed from before. Instead of being curled into herself, her form had now become more pronounced. “I’m… I’m ok…” she mumbled. Shadows from the harsh light of the tardis covered her face, concealing the wet lines on her cheeks. Sammy didn’t even notice that her fists were clenched. "We need to go back because…” she swallowed away a small whimper, “because I can't just leave those people to die…” Sammy said, unnaturally steady considering she had been stuttering a great deal earlier. “I was on that planet for three months, and I’m not going to subject anyone to that kind of hell,” she stated, although her voice was now dipping off into the same shakiness as before.

Slowly, Sammy returned to her sitting position in silence. Her fists were still clenched, but not as hard as before.

Dusk

Things seemed to have died down. Everyone was back on their feet, and they were discussing their plans. Dusk looked over at Reegan almost in a questioning way, but he didn’t want to try and pry information out of the wooden creature. The large being stared at his own hand, trying to dig into his own thoughts. The voice was gone, at least for now, but he could still feel it’s presence. Dusk could feel tension coursing through his whole body. Meditation would not fix this type of tension, only the satisfaction of killing. This was who Dusk truly was, or at least he thought it was who his true self was. In reality, he was a machine, born and bred for death. Dusk shook away the thoughts, if he was going to get through this entire ordeal, he needed to have a clear mind.

Trigger

Trigger was in the middle of his own thoughts when he heard voices begin to stir in the main control room. Hoping they had something to do with him getting home, he wandered back in from the corridor he had hid in. The last few sentences he heard had something to do with with the transportation home. Hearing a chance to get home, Trigger piped in “I would really enjoy being at home right now, so if you could get that whole ‘going home’ thing going that would be nice” finally ending with leaning on a nearby wall.

He began to fiddle with the large rifle and its clean finish. Not much could be gleaned from it, other than the fact that it was some sort of alien weapon. Trigger shrugged, and holstered it around his shoulder.
The 11th Doctor

The ride out was bumpy but it was to be expected, given the rather great probability that the vortex the TARDIS flew through wasn't actually the same vortex it'd been designed for. The 11th Doctor gamely rode out the shockwave at the console, keeping his feet as well as 10 and 13 but peering intently at the panels and controls, evidently familiarizing himself with the new desktop.

@Wade Von Doom
The young man with the old eyes made a rather childish grimace during 10 and Callintus' conversation about physics. "Is that the explanation we're using now?" he said, in an incredulous tone that suggests it's not at all plausible. "It's like a rock? Right" He turned to the old knight, bright enthusiasm lighting up his features. "Imagine a piece of paper. Imagine a map, yeah? Islands and ocean, coastline and continents, mountains and forests all drawn out in detail. Now imagine a pen drawing a picture of a little blue box in the middle of those woods." And he mimicked his description by gesturing with his hands, pantomiming the act of drawing with his right and turning his left palm flat like a sheet of paper. "The blue box on the sheet of paper is the exterior you lot came through. But the TARDIS isn't the blue box on the sheet of paper." The 11th Doctor brandished his hand, still in the shape of holding a pen. "The TARDIS is the pen! And all it takes to move backwards and forwards in time, this way or that way in space is just..." His hand swooped back down to touch a different point on his palm. "Moving the pen."

"Moving the pen!" he repeated loudly, lifting both eyebrows and grinning at Amy and Rory like he'd just given a game-winning answer on Jeopardy.

Glancing back at 10, 11's smile slipped away and he turned his attention back to the TARDIS console while mumbling, "Like a rock."

@Not_Amy
The 13th Doctor's own observation returned a bit of his smile, though. "Does that mean I can wear a mariner's cap?"

The abrupt bang followed by the sudden violent escalation resulted in the 11th Doctor brandishing his sonic screwdriver once more but the 10th Doctor seemed to have it all well in hand. Instead, he listened and his features grew grave as he listened to Scott's description. Then, as conversation broke down and people traded remarks about the government, the Time Lord stepped forward and peered into Scott's eyes.

"It's not just people, though, is it. Your planet's not just receiving visitors. It's receiving places. Back there, in the Mall you lot found us in, we were at a beach for a minute. An actual beach. When we popped back into the Mall, most of us brought some water back with us. This world has cosmological anomalies like nothing I've ever seen before and visitors you lock up are only the beginning of your problems. Realities familiar and foreign are colliding, grinding up against each other. It's like a convergent boundary between two tectonic plates beneath the surface, locked against each other, bits of one breaking off into the other. But your visitors may be just a side effect of a much bigger problem. Eventually you could experience stick-slip behavior, when pressure is suddenly released. On planets, it takes the form of an earthquake. In the case of convergent realities..." He shook his head grimly and said "The only guess I'll venture is that I don't want to be here when it happens."

"Help us," the 11th Doctor said, stepping forward again until he was nearly nose to nose with Scott. "Help us help you, your family and your people, everyone you've ever known. We have to find out what's causing this if there's any hope of saving them."

@Snowtwo @BobTheNinja @Not_Amy
Lavaetain's questions turned the Time Lord's attention next, echoed by Shirou's own follow up. With a sigh, he reached up and scratched the back of his head, further mussing hair that looked like getting mussed was a daily hazard. 13's observation prompted a respectful nod towards her before he turned back to Lavaetain, Shirou and the others. "As my counterpart suggested, we might be able to get back home via the TARDIS if we're able to find a conduit or a transit path. But this ship was designed to travel through space and time. Occasionally we've managed to hop a dimension. All this is something wholly new for all of us. To borrow her illustration of a ship, imagine us sailing a lake. Now imagine some force scooped up our boat and landed us in an entirely different lake. It's still water so we can sail but we can't just set a course back towards our original lakes. There's land in the way. Hopefully we can find a connecting river." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before muttering, "Or make one..."

"Right, capital it is. Scott, can you suggest a place we can land? Or even a time possibly? With all the catastrophes you've suffered, possibly you've lost the place that might have the answers we're looking for. If you can give us a time frame for when it existed, though, we could give it a try."

Moire B-220

@Not_Amy @Wade Von Doom
Moire bore the ride with stoic grace, anchoring herself next to a support pillar given how bumpy the ride was. For all the good it did her. A sharp bang and she was tossed into Luxem and Morgan, until the three landed in an awkward pile together. Given her Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor massed half a ton, she let the other two extract themselves first, shifting as needed, until they were clear and it was safe for her to get up without accidentally crushing someone.

The tense standoff around the console room likewise happened far enough away that adding another gun to the mix would only increase the likelihood of friendly fire. Or hitting an essential system. Thankfully, two of the people who were supposedly the same person calmed things down while the third looked on.

When Abby spoke up asking for volunteers, Moire noted Morgan's swiftness to volunteer and raised an arm as well. Then she spoke up, and her voice carried over the console room, practiced as it was at speaking over battlefield conditions. "Someone did this to us. But knocking down every door will cause them to run. We need good reconnaissance. If that man," she gestured to Scott, "knows a place and people who can provide those answers, we need to know what we can in advance. We need a strategy to define key objectives and then we need tactical deployments to accomplish those objectives. Rushing in is what keeps a young Marine from becoming an old Marine."

Surveying the room, Moire added, "Does anyone here have any special skills or training for information gathering?"

"We only managed to move within this world in time and space, but that is better than nothing. And if this government has been conducting experiments, there may be answers in their research. An expedition to their capital may be in order. Just try not to kill in the pursuit of knowledge, alright?"

"As my counterpart suggested, we might be able to get back home via the TARDIS if we're able to find a conduit or a transit path. But this ship was designed to travel through space and time. Occasionally we've managed to hop a dimension. All this is something wholly new for all of us. To borrow her illustration of a ship, imagine us sailing a lake. Now imagine some force scooped up our boat and landed us in an entirely different lake. It's still water so we can sail but we can't just set a course back towards our original lakes. There's land in the way. Hopefully we can find a connecting river." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before muttering, "Or make one..."

Took the words right out of 10's mouth, both Doctor's. "And even if we could find your worlds, this isn't just this universe's problem. The anomalies, the scattering of beings from other universes, we can run back to our realities and call it safe, but to leave this unanswered is dangerous. What if your worlds undergoes this same problem? How can you be certain monsters and diseases from across the boundaries of dark space and the void won't soon manifest itself and ravage your worlds like it did with this one? I know you're scared, and I know you feel helpless, and even I can't be sure of what is happening, but... if you want to help, if you want to save people. You can't go back to that prison. It's too late for them...." The Doctor's voice faded slightly, knowing how cold that sounded, but it was true. There was no one left to save back there. "But you can help by stopping whatever caused this. And saving the lives of those not yet ruined by this. It's already gone too far, just look at us here. We should never have met to begin with, his rag tag team of misfits, gods, soldiers and companions, doesn't make a lick of sense. But, we're here now, and I've seen enough of this world to realize this'll only get worse if we let it. So, if you wanna go home, I can't be sure if we can get you there. But, if you wanna help... We'd appreciate it." The Doctor pointed to himself and his two other versions.

Everyone stood there for a silent moment, before Alec stepped up. "We're already in the trenches, Doctor. I signed up for stuff like this anyway."

Callintus and Garrus did the same. "I'm an old man at the end of his line anyway. Least I can do is ensure others are safe before I'm gone."

"I've played hero already to saving my universe, kinda hard to quit now with it."

John stepped up next. "... What the hell." He said with a shrug.

Rory and Amy stood next to 11 themselves. "We go where he does."

Kirby bounced over to 13 himself, giving a big smile to the lady Doctor.

With Lava, Dusk, Moire, Abby and others joining in to help, 10 gave a big smile back. Always nice to see the bravery in people show. "Right!" He said, turning back to the TARDIS console. "Here's the plan: Split up into two groups

One'll continue to investigate back on the planet, see if we can find this capital city of the last remaining government on the planet with Scott's help, and find out what happened. The other will investigate the convergent anomalies Chinny over there saw back in this mall some of you were in, where two realities seemed to exist at the same time. I'll go with the first group, 11 and 13'll go with the others...... Once we get our TARDIS' first, of course."
Meaning him and 11.

*Cue to them refinding their TARDIS', which took about two hours. Most of that time was because of 10, since he forgot where his was located.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they were found, those who chose which Doctor to join would travel to their destination within their TARDIS. Garrus, John and Kirby would join 10, while Alec, Callintus, Luxem and the Ponds stayed with 11 and 13. "So, this shouldn't be too hard!" 13 shouted out, running around her console. "All you's gotta do is find the most amount of energy in the universe!"

Alec seemed ever so slightly confused by that. "Well, define what type of energy you mean, because that can go for a lot of things in the galaxy."

"If the borders between universes have opened, and metaphysical roads allow you to cross over without going through the void that separate them, then you would need a large amount of energy to do such a thing, and that would have to leave a very distinct radiation level, because nothing else in the universe has enough power to bend the laws of physics like that.... Well, possibly black holes, but you're better off avoiding them, trust me, I almost got sucked into one while fightin' off Satan-- well, he said he was satan, but that could've been to intimidate me, which I was, but also wasn't-- he was just a very big red lad with horns, like a clown!"

That did nothing to make Alec less confused, as he looked to her with an even more bedazzled expression. ".... What?"

"Shush!" Pushing a few buttons, pulling levers, and using a small gavel to smack a metal ball, she looked closely to a very small compass on the console, which spun around rapidly. "She's jumpin' through radiation settings to detect any unnatural types." After a few seconds, the compass pointed North West. "Aha! There we go!" She shouted in glee, running around her console again to steer the TARDIS that way.

"What, that's it?!" Alec asked, as it seemed... strangely not that impressive.

"Yeah, now we know which way to look! As long as we keep going that way, we should find ourselves on the edge of this galaxy, close enough to where one of the anomalies are appearing!"

"Should be obvious to see!" 11 chinned in over the comms, as he himself frantically ran around his console. "Since it's two realities bleeding into each other, you should actually be able to see the borders between them, like fresh and salt water, just look out for something that might look like an aurora borealis in space!"

"So how is it you never told us you actually met the devil?" Amy asked.

"Oh, it's a long story, plus I never believed he was!"

"We kinda did."

"Well, his argument was hard to counter."

"How did you two meet him again?" Wick whispered to Amy.

"He was my imaginary friend. Introduced Rory to him later in life." She answered, pointing to her husband, who was speaking to Moire. While he wasn't a military medic, Rory was a nurse, and any kind of medical professional would be good. "Earth was being invaded by a giant eyeball when I met him."

"You get used to the weird after a while."

"You should visit my world once we've finished!" Callintus interjected, "You haven't experienced the oddities of life until you've said a painter inside his own unfinished portrait, with painted ogres infesting the bright colored trees."

"Ha! Me and Rory once got trapped inside a child's dollhouse, try beating that!"

"Oh, please don't make this a competition." Rory begged.

"Now," 11 spoke again through the comms, "We're gonna have to approach cautiously, the small anomaly I witnessed was still powerful enough to seamlessly transport us in the blink of an eye, on a large scale, I can't even imagine how chaotic it'll be."

"Should be fine though! As long as our TARDIS' stay within a good distance from it, we should be able to collect the data we need without any real danger--" As if she jinxed everything, something already went wrong, as she was suddenly cut off mid sentence by her TARDIS tilting to a 45 degree angle to the left side. "YEAAY!" Alec screamed, as he went back first into the wall, with 13 managing to hold onto her console. 11's did the same, tilting to its side without warning, and both starting to fall fast. Callintus fell over the railing, but Rory and Amy held on, with Mrs. Pond grabbing John's hand. "AHHHHH!" Amy shouted, Rory following suit. "AHHHHH!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Then 11 and 13 quickly joined them.

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

"DOCTOOOR!" Amy shouted. "WHAT'S HAPPENED?!"

"WE'RE BEING PULLED.... INTO ORBIT!" 11 could just make out from the screens over hanging his console, as red warning signs flashed over the planet

"How's it pullin' us in?!"

"I don't know!! BRACE FOR IMPACT!!"

With everyone shouting and screaming in fear of the falling to their doom. The TARDIS' shook intensely, and for agonizing minutes, the vibrations shook everyone. The fall felt so fast, they felt like their skin was pushing down on them, yet as sudden as it began, the TARDIS' went upright again, and suddenly stopped. Everyone fell back to the floor and felt dazed by what just happened.

"Everyone alright?" 11 called out.

John simply get out a grunt of pain, his usual vocabulary in the last few weeks of his life.

"We're fine... I think." Amy called out next, struggling to stand up.

"LEARN TO FLY BETTER, GODDAMMIT!" Alec shouted out over the comms. "This has happened twice now!"

"What did just happen?" Rory asked, leaning against the wall to get his bearings. "Were we falling?"

"No! Nonono, we were pulled!" 11 said with a shocked voice. "Something on the planet pulled us in, it was like gravity increased a thousand percent to bring the TARDIS' down!" Yet, the screens were dead with nothing but static, showing no signs of what was outside.

"What wishes us down here then?" Callintus asked, standing up.

"I dunno!.... Ohhhh, but this is exciting though!"

"Exciting?!" Alec asked.

"Yeah!" 13 retorted, grabbing her coat. "Something so powerful, it brought the TARDIS crashing down planet side, it's not everyday people can do that!"

"I think there should be caution for that though!" Alec pointed out.

"Why? We won't know it's not friendly unless we meet it!"

"Quite right!" 11 added. "Better to meet your enemy face on than have them meet you, gives a bad impression." Checking his bowtie wasn't crooked, 11 rushed over to the door of his TARDIS, and swung it open. "Doctor!" Amy said before he stepped outside.

"Isn't there, like, radiation out there from the rifts?"

"Oh, it's harmless, worst it'll do is kill a few hairs, goin' bald isn't the worst thing."

"Oh yeah, sure it isn't." Rory retorted.

With a friendly smile, 11 stepped outside and welcomed what awaited him. And he wasn't disappointed, because the view was quite something to see.

3MzxWWk.jpg

This was a city. A large one, not in width, but length, as the two TARDIS' were perched over a cliff side that looked down to stepped pyramids and long, mechanically-manipulated bridges. Below them were buildings, skinny like pillars, and connected through the same mechanical bridges.

latest

And even below them, small houses crowded each other, smushed and crushed together, though they were so far down, you could barely even see them, as they mixed together into this green shadow. Above were cracks in the ceiling which gave natural light, and even falling water, but it seemed only a small part of the cave surrounding the city was man crafted. It looked naturally created.

"Oh my god..." Alec mumbled, and he and 13 walked outside to view the city. "They look like old Mayan pyramids."

"Guys!" Rory shouted beside the group. "There's some stairs going down over here!" He pointed to where they were, which looked to go down the side of the cave walls into the strange tower like buildings.

Callintus, however, seemed cautious of this. "..... I do not think it's wise to go." He commented. "Something is.... dark in this place."​

Last edited:
  • OMG
The 11th Doctor

"Of course there's something dark about a place like this," the 11th Doctor said to Callintus, fixing his bowtie again despite having just adjusted it before departing the TARDIS. "It's because it's dark."

Craning his neck, the Timelord took in the expansive ceiling with the cracks letting in the chief source of illumination down here. Switching his eyes back and forth, absorbing detail after detail, his gaze settled down on the great stone structures themselves, then onto the bridges and then further down. "Yeah they do," he agreed with Alec, his expression evidently unable to make up its mind between frowny and happy. "The scale's all wrong, they never built that tall, but the architecture...blimey, there's possibly 82 civilizations I've seen that might have built this place but I don't think any of them did."

He drew his sonic screwdriver in one smooth motion before beaming at everyone else. "That means it's new. I like new."

The Doctor thumbed on the sonic and let it whirr for a few moments while everyone else finished emerging from the ship. By the time the last person made their appearance, his face had finally decided to settle on a frown. With deep furrows in his brow, the expression made him look much older than he seemed to be. "Normally it's the TARDIS that gets fussy when someplace she doesn't like. What's your excuse then, eh?" The first remark was for the crowd but the second definitely was aimed at the sonic device. "Do you-oh. Oh!"

He waved his arm down at the stairs and there was a perceptible tinting in the ancient stone. "From sort of a mantis color to myrtle, possibly a little reseda." The Doctor took his thumb off the sonic screwdriver and a moment later the stone was instantly the somewhat lighter shade of green it'd been before the Timelord started fussing with it. There was no gradual transition either; in literally the blink of an eye the stone stairway was perceptibly lighter green than the darker green it'd shaded into while the sonic device was scanning it.

Turning back to look at those assembled, he shrugged once. "I haven't the faintest explanation, believe it or not. Well...I say faintest explanation, I mean to say I haven't an explanation I can't explain away. Could be a cloaking device of some kind but then you'd see one of seventeen residual trace particles and there aren't. Might be a living organism covering the stone that responds to sonic waves but from what I can tell that's dry, bare stone. Could be a property of the stone itself but then why gradual discoloration onset followed by instant reversion?"

He just shook his head. And slowly smiled once more, as if this was the best thing that had happened to him all day.

Reegan commented idly to the doctors, Abby, and Tsunade as she went over to where Moire was, "Where I am needed is where I am home regardless of the world I am on. Even if my link to the Soul Carin far from here still connects it is only for the dead. I can only guide the fallen to eternal rest or rebirth. Whatever creatures have done this they imperil the natural course of life. I can offer my bow and the pixies can evade most sight if you'd like, Moire."

Grimace from a sour taste still in her mouth grumbled, "I will say, Haassethur, that the energy channeled through my tether tastes of loud diseased chanting, discordant tones, and is very nauseating. I'd rather listen to Ragnar the Red again. I'll head toward these anomalies to see where they lead even if this place is unpalatable as long as I can still stand."

As Haassethur and themselves went to find their other Tardis Reegan just sat on the floor crosslegged. Quietly focusing on regenerating her broken parts. There was little light here and it seemed to be only from the Tardis if at all. Hardly a thing for a plant to grow within but she found little issue with it. The devil they talked about seemed much like Molag Bal by his behavior if not the features. The hole in her arm and many scrapes slowly knit the worth of themselves together as her long black strands of hair bloomed their missing flowers.

As the long reach of something grasped the Tardis she was quick to her feet now finally a bit less seared around the edges but still rather baked. As it tipped Reegan shot out a strong back leg and clung an edge of the floor to firmly hold in place. An arm shot out to grab Jacket and Abby more than strong enough to keep her place on the sudden incline. Though her other foot lost purchase once held onto them one in each arm trying to keep them from flailing about the cabin without breaking their arms. Pressed against her chest sturdy if a firmness like soft cork once she got her other foot back underneath her. Once the Tardis found some stability she let them go, nodded, then quietly left to the door with Callintus.

As she walked up beside him Reegan's voice in a pained whine, "*nnngh* the light here is corrupt. I don't like it here, Callintus. It makes my head hurt. It burns when I try to touch the dreamsleeve."

"My feet hurt here just standing," Said the Spriggan as Reegan looked down at her legs to see the green stone.

Instead, wide eyes found there a deep black rot crawling up lines in her feet veins as fuzzy white and eroding wood creeps up her toes. The field of magic was diseased as was the cycle of life. Incredibly diseased. Reegan made a rustling yelp as she nearly stumbled an about-face toward the tardis. Pieces of her feet withering and flaking away as her body rot just exposed to this place. Her legs already turning numb had to make a flying leap to get herself back through the doorway as someone came through. loud cracks came from her feet as wood festooned with muddy flakes replacing the green glow once within. Feet completely numb Reegan backed the rest of the way into the Tardis with an agonized pulsed wail as she watched her feet still withering. Fungus, fuzz and wormy rot, slower now but still making its way up her legs all too quickly. Reegan's wide yellow-mist eyes staring in a long moment struck by the fear of that place sure if she succumbed to this disease she would never rise again to protect the sanctity of the cycle. It rotted at a more fundamental part of her than any mere tree would suffer. The souls she held would be well in truly lost to a place beyond the Dreamsleeve where such a thing must be.

Odaw's words told her all she needed to know the voice of Alec's companion echoing out of her midsection, "Infection. Exiting field diminishes necrosis rate. Necrosis still self-perpetuating. Network infested with something. Difficult to see from here. Very Not good."

Reegan felt the Blessed trusted Odaw well enough with that arm light he recovered of his things. Thus her hand reached back to what she so recently took for peace. Her hand grasped the bone haft of Dusk's sword as she extracted it from her back. The flesh flees out of the way in moving sheets and inner vines that flex split then rejoin. One hand on the haft and the other on the back of the blade held it at the top of her knees. Leverage lacking she made headway wailing with every quick downward strike as she hacked her own legs off making it just in time to contain the infection. Saved only by virtue of the supernatural sharpness of Dusk's sword. As the back of her legs finally gave after the fifth strike in an audible crack of bone her hands faltered and dropped the sword across her lap.

Away from as the ruin scoots with both arms flesh seen within that stump spouts luminous green sap from larger vines around its core. Listing hard to one side afterward the exertion and damage this a harsh toll even on her sturdy constitution. The human femur in her leg seen by its sharp ragged edge as gouts of sap made a pool beneath and trailing to her. Inner daylight recovered as she caught her breath enough to take the sword and balance with one hand to evict both putrified limbs from the tardis with its tip. The aim feeble and slow her arm now quakes under the sword's weight. One wildly diseased and flashing leg then the other flicked out in a chaotic and drunken arc. Both amputations now a fire of disease and chaotic energy swirling in a morass of once-wood fueled by what energy remained in those limbs.

Dusk's bone sword clumped heavily beside her as she fell back to lie on the floor. Chest heaving as the half-drowned now with tenuous grip to even a sodden shore. The light here did not fit her well but Reegan thought she could cope... but that place would definitely kill her then eat all the souls inside her never to see their deserved end. Though her mouth moved Reegan hadn't the strength at the moment to say anything.

• Nice Execution!
Trigger

Several minutes passed as the doctors tried to explain the situation. Each one said that the group would need to split into different parts to explore the multiverse. Some people gathered around the 10th doctor, while others gathered around the 11th and 13th. Once all of the groups were situated, they parted ways into their own respective tardises. Trigger decided it was best to stay with the 11th, since he was the doctor Trigger knew the most and had the most possibility of bringing him home. Inside the 11th’s Tardis, leaned on the railing holding up the main control area.

“I think I’m good without my hands inspected thanks…” he said as he passed by Tsunade. It couldn’t have been nerve damage, since no injury had come to his hands. True, he had them covered in blood in that weird dream in the mall, but that couldn’t lead to physical pain… could it? He shook the thought off, there was no need to be doubting his own abilities. This type of thinking was a sign of weakness, or at least Trigger thought it was. He looked around to see that the doctor was shouting at his console, along with mashing several buttons in succession. “What’s-” Trigger began to ask as the ground leaned to one side. Being on a railing, Trigger was abruptly flipped around as he gripped the metal bar. Time passed as the floor became a level plane. Teleporting back onto the main platform, Trigger made sure all of his gear was in the right shape.

He walked out to see a massive underground city, covered in sickly green moss the color of puss. Little pebbles fell from the massive ceiling above and trickled the streets below. “The fuck kinda place is this?” he questioned, waving his arms in a sweeping gesture. “How is this damp cave gonna get me home?” he sighed while pacing back and forth. He barely even noticed Reegan’s amputation of her own legs.

Dusk

Dusk looked up from his thoughts to see people gathering around. Since he missed the memo, Dusk decided to stay with Reegan, since the sentient tree had his sword. After everyone was prepared for the voyage, Dusk set onwards in the 11th doctor’s Tardis. He awkwardly stood by the door as everyone piled into the strangely proportioned vehicle. The doctor quickly went about pushing buttons and pulling levers on the control console. Dusk wandered over, watching the man work away like a squirrel on caffeine. Suddenly, gravity shifted slightly to the right about forty five degrees. Screams rang out from people as everyone grabbed onto the nearest stable item to keep them from falling. Dusk on the other hand, slowly slide across the floor and positioned himself in a way that he stayed at ninety degrees with the floor.

When reality returned to normal, Dusk looked over to see Reegan in what seemed to be pain. What is the sword, did it leave lasting effects on the person holding it? Dusk had no idea, but for the moment things seemed to be fine. As the doors opened it revealed a crumbled city, left to slowly rot over time. Long bridges extended like tendrils as they held onto the sides of buildings. The buildings themselves were large towers that stretched into the darkness below. No light came from within the buildings. The only reason that Dusk could really see them was because light crept in from the decaying ceiling made of rock and clay. He wasn’t totally sure if the ceiling was covered in ornate carvings either, they could’ve been large cracks for all he knew. Moss slowly covered each building. Vines hung from the insides of some windows, slowly swaying in the wind. There was almost no color to be seen other than the sickly green and black color of the overgrowth infecting the enormous structures.

Suddenly, from behind him, Dusk could feel a shiver down his spine. He turned to see his sword unsheathed, along with Reegan slicing at her own legs. Dusk had no idea what to do, did his sword somehow infect the tree creature with its malice, or was it something else? It didn’t matter, he had to help. He crouched down, leaning over Reegan as she laid there in a panicked state. Having no idea what to do, he turned back to the group in a questioning gaze. The hollow holes in his eyes might have been disturbing if they didn’t have tears slowly falling out of them.

Sammy has transitioned to chapter 2B

Jacket

The ordeal with their magical phonebooth being pulled down, making everything rock once more, the masked man grabbing onto a railing to prevent himself from being tossed about once more. Holding onto it so tightly that his knuckles underneath the bandages turned white and the inside of his hands began to ache as the force exerted by the man for the muscles to coil up tightly. So much so that when the rocking stopped, his hands refused to budge for a good minute or two until he pulled them free and that he had barely recognized that someone had held onto him.

Aside from a dull throbbing pain in both hands, they were fine. Able to move each finger without any form of bother. Their little group beginning to exit the Doctors' TARDIS, Jacket walked up to the Doctors, pulling out his tape recorder, holding the device out to them, using his other free hand to pull a thumb across his throat before making a hand puppet talked, stopping to shake his head. The message being "Please fix this, I can't talk without it."

That was when the tree woman let out a yelp, Jacket using his free hand to pull out the modified Mac-10 and aim at whatever was causing the commotion. Turns out that Reegan's tree legs had began to rot, with the tree person cutting off her own damn legs that honestly surprised Jacket.

The ordeal now making Jacket now wonder how were they gonna deal with this, as they couldn't leave one of their number presumably alone while they explore this place. But he left that to the thinkers of the group, as he more specialized in 'spur of the moment' blitzkrieg way of thinking. That and he needed some fresh air, so walking out of the Tardis. The second his two feet made contact with the ground, he froze in place as an icy dread made itself known in the small of his spine. A dread that only had three occurrences that caused it.

First being his discovery of Beard's mangled body in the alleyway.

Second when he finally remembered what happened on Hawaii those many years ago.

And third being, whenever the Dentist was around. The creepy bastard later being discovered to some type of monster taking on human form and barely being killed by the Payday gang, or killed in their eyes. The creature probably sent back to its realm like the Losers' Club did with IT in that one novel he had read thanks to a downtime activity by Dallas that didn't involve drinking or planning the next heist, or practicing.

He'd cast a look to the man with the moniker of Babayaga if he too felt it. Waiting til he got some form of a response.

@Wade Von Doom @littlekreen @Not_Amy @Wiggin @Epiphany. @BobTheNinja

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nomad

The Guardian Gunslinger too barely held on during their pull outta orbit. His attempt being hugging a support beam with all the strength he had, several times almost losing his grip, only losing it when the TARDIS corrected itself, Nomad being flung onto the ground, his back taking the brunt of the impact.

"Getting real tired of that shaking." Eye Dee Kay said inside Nomad's head.

"It cannot be that bad, you probably can't even feel it." Nomad groaned as he stood up. He got a 'Hrumpf' as a response.

"No, it's like being on a roller coaster being flung around while inside another roller coaster." The Ghost said again inside his head.

"That means double the fun." Nomad chuckled at the Ghost's annoyance, before it faded when they stepped outside with the others. The aritechture giving him chills it kinda reminded him of Hive. So much so that he didn't notice the incident with Reegan or hear his Ghost's words, only taking notice when the Ghost screamed inside his head. "What happened?" Nomad said with concern.

"Aside from Reegan's legs rotting and forcing to amputate, the fact this city is creating some serious Hive vibes. I do have some good news."

"Which is?"

"I got a shaky connection with the ship." The words made Nomad want to hug the little floating ball if he wasn't inside his head.

"Do it." Holding his hand out, a gun began to take shape, energy collecting to form his pride and joy.

The Last Word.

The handcannon forming in his hand with a spark of light. Upon having the weapon back, he gave it a few spins and the regular check over. Satisfied, he holstered it on his side. "Anything else?"

"No, doing that has once again disrupted the connection. I could bring in the ship, but considering what occurred with the 'police box' that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. So until we get somewhere safe like Earth, this is the only thing I could pull from it." While not great, it was still a win in Nomad's book.

Walking over to the group, he held the revolver he had obtained during the prison break to Abby as she looked like she might like a revolver with the semi-western feel about her. "So any ideas on how we're gonna help Reegan out with this? As no offence, I'm not gonna leave someone alone even with that TARDIS of yours in a place like this." He called to them.

• Sweet