The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was catching his breath as he tried to process everything after he had given the man the stress ball and he really wished that he kept something longer than a sweatshirt for the woman who was only wearing his hoodie. Of course, he was a gentleman and was looking directly at everyone in the face.

Panicking wasn't going to get them out of the situation and he knew that was a fact. They needed to work together to figure things out.

" I agree with the woman, it isn't going to help us get out of here and figure out where to go next in this wasteland. First thing is first though, we need to get the fuck out of the building and I'm guessing the way that the panicking soldier is the only way down."

He did note however that the window that the man had broken was an alternate option, but he doubted everyone could handle a fall from that height. He wasn't even sure he could even with his powers.

Lincoln had to take a moment to think of their option and remember his basic survival instinct from his time on the run. One thing was certain, they were going to need to find the woman from the bathtub something better than his hoodie, so they would have definitely find a clothing shop in this wasteland. He was sure that there had to be at least one, as it felt like this was once a city and not always like this. It was a good thing he knew enough about cities to know where it might be a good idea to head and he took a deep breath, thinking of where else they would need to go.

The next for sure thing they were going to need to locate was food and water. If they didn't have that, it didn't matter how many of those monsters there were, they would die of starvation and dehydration first. Being starved and dehydrated, they were more likely to betray each other for food which meant there would be death and he didn't want to have that either. He was thankful that between Marcus and himself, they had gotten the younger boy's head screwed on straight before he had to be quieted or injured in any way. He was also relieved to see that he was using it to relieve himself of all the things that were ailing him, He also knew they were going to need a ton of medical supplies to make things didn't go wrong though.

" It's okay, we all have moments where we lose ourselves a bit, " he replied, thinking of what else they were going to need to do. He took a deep breath and seeing as there wasn't any way he could see it get worse, he knew that it was going to mean working together. Of course, they were going to have to start by going down. Even if the city was on fire, there would still have to be remnants of the civilization that used to be there. It was the truth of the matter and he decided it might be good to bring it up though too,

It would seem that Alec was right on where to go as this city didn't seem to brimming with life and he had a feeling that nobody would be found here. He could be wrong, but he highly doubted that was the case though as it would seem to be quite honestly though.

" I agree with her, we have to go down first and then as much as I hate to say it, I have a vague idea of what might be a good idea to head too, but first we go down.

He paused and wondered if there was something other then the stairs, but it seemed like it was their only option as far as they can tell, so he decided to ask the question. " You came from the stairwell, what can you tell us about what is happening downstairs?" He asked Alec.

The last thing he wanted to do was run head first into danger without knowing anything. It seemed that nobody else was here to attack them, but who was to say about downstairs?

Lincoln took a deep breath and decided to point something out to the group. " I think once we get out of the building, there are four things we are going to have to address though. Though the hoodie is a temporary solution, we are going to need find Alicia some more clothes so that she isn't attacked or scratched by whatever those things are and become one of them. The next two things that we are going to be certain that we find is some food and water. I doubt we are going to find any five star dining restaurant here that isn't on fire, but some candy bars, whatever we can raid and make use of to make sure that we don't die of starvation or dehydration."

It was with a slow realization that there was a fifth thing that he had completely forgotten about and he realized that he should have remembered about it sooner. " We also should raid a hospital in case any of us are hurt during the attacks. I have some medical supplies in my bag, but it won't sustain the whole group."

He waited to think if he should mention the last thing as it was truly for the worst case scenario, but seeing as the city was on fire and none of them knew how they had gotten there, it was the most important thing as well.

He took a deep breath and composed himself before he said it.

" There is one more important thing we are going to need to find if it gets too dark or things start to look back, we are going to need find a form of shelter to barricade ourselves that isn't on fire and where we can sleep. I doubt that these are going to be easy things to find, but first thing is first, we are going to have to travel downstairs and get out of this burning building first, but we should keep those things in the back of our minds."

@Silvir @The Big Shot Wade @Snowtwo @Nero Kunivas @Minerva

Reactions: Silvir
Alistia shook her head. "We don't need to raid a hospital; not so long as I'm here. I am a white mage, a healer, and even death cowers at my feet. Should anyone be wounded or poisoned or the like fixing their ills is but a matter of a few moments at most of restoration. I can even make it so that healing happens over a prolonged period instead of at once. We are best off leaving the medical supplies for others whom may need them. However, a hospital would not be a bad idea regardless since, I suspect, many wounded and desperate will have headed to such a place. If there is any government with power left they have probably made it a priority and, if none, we should do our best to aid and protect them from things such as the voidsent. As for food and water, while those things are important to find, we do not know how long things have been like this. It may have been less than an hour so panicking is pointless."

"Uh, there are demons downstairs." Alec bluntly told them all. "A lot of them. I think we might just be above a nest for them, and I'm not going back down." He explained, saying it as if there wasn't any other choice in the matter. "We're better off jumping out the side of the fuckin' building than going down, it's suicide, trust me. I wouldn't be running up the stairs if I didn't think going down wouldn't lead to my death." Well, if they were as easy to kill as that last one with a tub, it was highly doubtful a electro-man, magic cat lady, samurai woman, and naked girl could be killed by them.

"We might wanna try the elevator, even if it doesn't work, we could see if there's something we can use for rope. At least long eough to go down enough levels to pass the nest-- What's that?" There was some cracking noises under their feet growing louder and louder. Guess what happened next? Suddenly they went down a floor.

And would hit the ground hard. Then they went down another, then another, then another, unlike three floors down they finally stopped. It was highly unlikely they wouldn't all be sore from all those landings. Alec was winded, and felt like his tailbone just shattered into a puzzle. "Uuuuuuugggggggg......" Was all he moaned in pain, rolling over so he wasn't on his back. Once the light shined into the floor they were on from the holes above them, suddenly they'd all see around a dozen or so eyes watching them. Seems the workers in the building all got possessed and turned into hideous monsters.

Guess who they were hungry for?

• Nice Execution!
Trigger’s usual routine was get a job and then do the job. His routine wasn’t get a job, do the job, and then teleport to a place that wasn’t his home. His first thoughts as he stood on top of the rubble of an old office building were “F#ck”. He turned to see several people on the ground, either from a fall or something else, he didn’t care. Trigger glanced up to see husks of creatures that were once human, but are no longer. Trigger flicked his butterfly knife out along with a stolen warp pistol, The pistol shone in with golden paint. It looked much like other guns, except for the fact that it had a distinct warbling noise that constantly emanated from it. Trigger did not hesitate to aim his gun at the nearest zombie creature and fired, ripping the head of the of the creature off. As the dead husk rolled past the group he walked up and asked, muffled through his gas mask “Why and Who brought me here” he kicked the head at the nearest husk “also... what the f#ck are these things.” The swearing was censored through the mask, making the moment seem slightly comedic and strange at the same time.

Alistia twisted about as she fell down through the floors, making sure to spread out to land properly. She had fallen from much greater heights in the past but that didn't change the fact that it hurt like heck! Especially without a flying chocobo to fly her down or even some water to land in to soften the blow. She could feel her feet aching in pain as the concussion rippled through her form causing the muscles to cry out from the massive jolts. A massive proof that, despite public perception, Miqo'te and felines were as related as Hyurs and those monkeys that could swing through trees with their tails. Even if they had similarities they had massive differences as well and a feline's grace when falling from great heights was not inherent to the Miqo'te.

As she came down on the final floor her reflexes kicked in. Before she saw the zombies, before she even knew there was another living person on the floor, before she even knew if her companions had come down themselves or not...

"ASSIZE!" she cried out, casing the Earth to respond. A blast of energy rippled outwards from her body, healing her sore and aching muscles and easing the fall damage while, at the same time seeking to drive off anyone whom she considered a foe with a painful blast of natural energy... which included zombies by default as well as voidsent, demons, and the half-blooded one whom she didn't even realize was there. More than enough to harm and cause pain.

"Damnit! I landed on my tail!" she cried out as she opened her eyes up, noting the healing magic coursing over her body to mend any cuts and scrapes. She hadn't come away unharmed though, noting that a piece of metal, likely one of those things put down by doors, had been driven through her thigh, a small array of sharp wire from some wall had sawed through her side, a nail had driven itself into her tail, and a piece of lumber had lanced through her left breast.

"AaGgGhHhH! More than my tail! More than my tail!" she called out in pain as she gripped at the wire, slowly pulling it away as the healing magic mended her form. "I need some help!"

(Effective immediately I will be your Sub-GM. I look forwards to a long and B-E-A-Utiful relationship with all of you!)

Last edited:
"um i can also perform some versions of healing and have medical traiiiiIIiiii!!!!" The sudden removal of floor beneath her feet had the girl scream loudly before thumping into the ground. And then again he light frame bounced and tumbled as they fell down three floors. Dust covering her face blinding her and she could feel sharp objects tearing into her clothes. She didn't even have the presence of mind to activate her own ability to stop the fall. Instead she landed on something that feelt softer than the usual floor. Or maybe someone there was deffinetly muscle under her hands.
"oow sorr" she began coughing from the smoke and sat up straddling whoever it was and tried to wipe away the dust from her eyes. "where?" The sound of the other womans voice calling for aid had the girl turn her head in confusion.
Suddenly from somewhere else gunfire right next to them. Alicia yelped trying to stand but stumbling and falling blindly. "I.. i can't see!"

Marcus Blackwood - Blood-Crazed Berserker

The creasing of Marcus's balaclava covering most of his face lifted a little, as he gave Alicia a small smile in reply to her, with a hand to his chest followed with a light bow. "A pleasure to meet you, Alicia. Though, I only wish we were all in more, suitable circumstances..." Marcus spoke softly, as softly as his rough voice would allow anyway, but the intent was there. He then listened to Lincoln lay out a plan of escape for the group, Alistia assuaging any fears regarding injury and future health due to her White Magic proficiency, with Marcus himself looking to whomever was speaking and nodding silently, though Alec's own comments concerned him a little. "More Demons, you say? Tremendous...but, jumping from the building won't work, so we shou--" Marcus cut himself short, for he too heard the cracking of the floor beneath their feet, growing louder as the structural integrity failed, resulting in the floor beginning to crumble.

"Brace yourselves!!" Was all Marcus called out before total floor collapse, going into free fall for a time, landing hard upon the first floor below them, initially he was still standing, albeit in a three-point landing, but the next two floors destabilized Marcus, who landed upon the final floor face-first, groaning a little as he did, yet the pain only angered him, a visible red aura flickered across his body for all to see.

As Marcus pulled himself up into a kneel, he saw the room they now stood in was nothing like the ruined building they still resided in, but was more akin to a demonic nesting ground, with many pairs of eyes glaring at them hungrily; Humans turned Demon surrounded them and while being attacked by a mask-wearing gunman, they still growled, snarled and readied themselves to pounce. "No turning back now! Fight for your lives!!" Marcus bellowed, but noted that Alicia was having trouble. Thankfully, smoke was nothing to a bit of rage, his irises glowing just a little bit, declaring his "Perturbed" status, rushing through the smoke and taking Alicia in his arms, helping her stand. "Relax, Alicia, I'm here. I'll lead you out of the smoke..." Marcus ushered her along, out of smoke and to a piece of cover, made from a rooted-in piece of broken floor.

@Silvir @The Big Shot Wade @LuckycoolHawk9 @Snowtwo @Wiggin

Alistia groaned as more of the debris came down upon her, the hexigonal pattern of protection flaring up to deflect away debris still crumbling down upon them. Pulling bits and pieces out she could see the undead monsters around her, but there wasn't much she was worried about. If they got close... it would be the last mistake in their undead lives. Another cure spell shot through her body as she stood upright, pulling another piece of floor free from her body and mending the damage near-instantly. Then the undead made their mindless assault.

They rushed towards the falling heroes, smashing into cubicle walls and falling over them. A stapler got kicked out of the way and shot right towards Lincoln, bouncing off the protect spell as an older computer, one probably still running software from 1995, got kicked towards Marcus, flaring up against the barrier before breaking through as ten of the monsters drew closer. One of the zombies broke away and started to rush towards Trigger, clearly trying to leap on him to devour him like a tv dinner. Fast and hoping to forget afterwards.

And, as the floor started to settle, the building suddenly started to shift ever so slightly.

Alken was sleeping peacefully in his bedroll. Outside, under the stars of the Wutai countryside, he snored lightly. His tactical case hummed pleasantly; the ambient noise always helped him drift off, rather than clinging onto old worries.

His peaceful slumber was interrupted when felt the weightlessness of flight across dimensions. He and his belongings were yanked to and fro, until he found his back pressed against something much harder than grass.

To everyone else in the room, it would be another green flash and a deep thud as a young, dark-skinned man hit the floor in a sleeping bag. There was another, louder impact as a long, metallic box landed on the poor guy's stomach. Doubling over, he writhed in pain and surprise for a moment. "Oof." He unzipped his sleeping bag and got to his feet; immediately, his clothing would come off as strange; he was sporting a dark-blue uniform. Long pants, a sleeveless, turtle-necked shirt, and a pair of brown boots and gloves.

Strangest would be his eyes; his dark-brown irises had a definite glow to them as he scanned the room. "...Hello, citizens. No worries. I'm not here to fight. I'm on leave." Ever the gentleman, Alken's first move was to set these people at ease; seeing a SOLDIER up close was usually a terrifying experience for a layman.

Looking around wearily and wondering what to say, Alken was set on edge by the sounds of combat outside. "Okay then..." He saw little time to think, so he set to work arming himself.

Picking up the long, dense metallic briefcase that had gut-checked him moments before, he opened it to display several pieces of weaponry and armor. Glancing around, he got a feel for the other people in the room; they didn't seem like an organized attack force. Probably a bunch of disoriented civilians. Not that I have any idea what's happening either.

Quickly, he threw on a set of leather vestments and a matching gut-guard, before popping a helmet onto his head. The visor snapped down, covering his eyes as he fished out a metallic armlet. Snapping it in place, Alken grabbed the last of his armaments; his short-sword. Placing it on the magnetic clip on the back of his leather harness, Alken completed his attire by similarly attaching a chest-plate. Alright, I'm ready for battle. Who are these people?

As he puzzled at the situation, a zombie lurched towards him. Alken spotted the imminent threat, his stance changing. As the creature reached out, Alken made a rapid move towards it. Catching the back of its head, he drove the beast face-first through the drywall beside him. "Don't do that."

Another approached at a similarly unkind rate, and Alken stepped forward, his fist chambering at his waist then lancing forward. Twisting his hips and delivering the punch at full force, Alken's hand spalled off the majority of the creature's face, snapping its head back and sending it toppling to the ground.

If anything was clear at this point, Alken de la Vaettir wasn't an easy meal.

"I guess now I am here to fight. Anyone who can't handle these things, move behind me!"

SOLDIER Alken Vaettir Space Cadet Blue smaller.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nero Kunivas
Situations like this weren’t all that strange to Trigger, living in a world of mutated people and high tech weaponry. As he looked at the nearest creature stumbling towards him he felt a wave of pain start to wash through him, starting from the shoulder. He looked down at his left shoulder to realize he had a rusted pole, about two feet long, stuck through him, which was a strangely familiar feeling. The pole was probably caused by the falling building material, he thought.

As the pain went through him he looked back at the creature, darting for him. He tried to aim his gun, but the pain was too much. He decided to use the other hand holding the knife. He stabbed into the creature’s chin, holding it there and looking into its soulless eyes. He looked to his left at a man who was shouting something about getting behind him, but Trigger didn’t care. He shouted to the strange man “We are all a little occupied!” Stressing on the "a little". Trigger then looked beyond the creature to see even more appear. Trigger decided to see if these creatures could bounce and so he kicked the zombie man off of his blade into the group of monsters. He shouted as he kicked the creature “anybody know how to get a pole out of a shoulder?

A green flash spared the Cogwork Orthodox cultist as Marcus's shot went wide, missing the cultist by - well, an entire universe.

He scrambled to look around. A derelict room, broken furniture, partially collapsed wall, strange growth in the corner... at first, he thought that it must be some kind of Sarkic magic, but quickly deduced that to be false as his internal processor informed him that the strange growth is not, in fact, flesh.

Sound of combat outside.

Marcus tensed as his hand whipped up, still holding the Gen2+ pistol he planned to execute the cultist with. A few seconds later, a thing exploded through the wall to his left, as he snapped around and fired two shots into the still-twitching zombie, ending it for good.

He tiptoed over to the drywall and broke off some more sections of it, peeking through the gap he made. A group of ragtag humanoids, standing around and fighting off some more zombies at their own pace. Marcus smirked to himself as he identified at least one human-animal hybrid anomaly - the Foundation would kill for another one of these. Last he heard, the other five they had stole a spaceship and ran away.

He pulled back and ran a system diagnostic.

START DIAGNOSTIC
Augmentations: Online
Internal Processor: Online
Weapons System: Online
Pineal Wi-Fi Node: Online, connection null - searching for uplink
Hume Reading: Baseline
Anomaly Detection: Online
Anomaly Detected
Baseline reality normal, universe conflicting
END DIAGNOSTIC

That settled it. He's in another universe now.

Marcus took a deep breath as he felt his augs heat up briefly from a slight wave of panic. It's nothing, he told himself. You've handled worse than this.

No, I haven't. He mentally snapped back.

No, you have not. He admitted.

He decided to introduce himself - flashy movesets not included - but when a demonic-looking thing dropped from the floor above him and rushed him with an ear-splitting screech, nothing could've stopped his from sliding underneath the creature and executing a near-perfect back kick, followed immediately by a burst of gunfire from his normal pistol. The .45 rounds tore through the creature's back, as Marcus didn't stop pulling the trigger until it had crashed through the previously broken drywall, came to a rest, and peppered by twelve .45 ACP rounds in its torso and cranium.

He waved to the new group as he reloaded the pistol with a magazine he fished out from his jacket pocket. "Hey."

Reactions: Nero Kunivas
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln had faced his own share of demons and he knew that the only way to get rid of your demons was to face them head on. Of course when he said that there was no way of him going down, he had a feeling that they were going to have to go downstairs, no matter how bad they didn't want to go downstairs. It was just the way that life was going, he expected something like the floor to collapse under his feet. No, at this point on how much his life sucked on a scale of 1 to infinite, he fully expected that a certain point that the floor would collapse under them and he wasn't sure why he thought that.

He nodded as soon as he looked over at Alec and wondered what was going to happen now. He paused and listen and just as he expected, just as everything else happened in the life of the medic, the floor collapsed under his feet and down a floor he would go. He had thankfully landed on top of something soft, but it worked for him.

Well, at least with the first floor, he was not likely that it was the same after the next three floors and he looked so confused, but he decided it was best to get up and bear it. He looked over at him and decided to see if his bag had made it and thankfully he had been wearing it. There was no way around it, they were going to have to fight the demons that Alec had been trying to avoid. Well, such was life and he looked over at them and wondered how they were going to get out of here. There were no words for how fucked he felt, but he was going to go down fighting and there was no stopping him though.

" Well, looks like there is no rest for us," he said, wondering how long the white mages protection spell was going to work. He doubted that it was going to be forever, but he knew that it wouldn't be wearing off any of them. On instinct, Lincoln started to make his electric balls and throwing them at monsters. After the fourth or so ball, he would switch over to his lightening that would provided him with a greater range to attack the monsters. He offered a smile, making sure to keep an eye on them as he would dodge out of the way.

" There's a reason why I'm called Sparkplug, we better hurry up. I don't know how long the building will last."

@Nero Kunivas@Silvir @The Big Shot Wade @BadJohn @Snowtwo @Wiggin @Agent_Puncake

Connor RK-800

Connor was used to waking up in strange places. He had grown used to it ever since he had helped the deviants to win the revolution. Sometimes when he went into stasis, he would be at Hank's house and would awake in Hank's bed or on the couch. Sometimes when he went into stasis, he was in an alleyway and would wake up there. Sometimes when he went into stasis, he was at Jericho and would wake up in a warm bed along. Sometimes when he went into stasis, he was at the DPD and would wake up at his desk with a blanket over him. So when he woke up in stasis and was in a building and the world below him was on fire, he didn't think too much of it. What he did notice was the scary flesh humans that were by him and he jolted awake. He pulled out his gun and immediately would shot on anything that looked like a monster and that scared him. He started to preconstruct, but his stress was currently at 50%, so all of his actions would only be 50/50 on working.

"
I will shoot and kill you if I have to. Stay back," he said, having no confidence in the words that he said. He had to stay calm. He had to do it to get back to Hank. He just had too. He aimed his gun and if anything attacked him, he would shot it until it was dead.

@The Big Shot Wade

For the moment the zombies seemed to have abated. What life they had lead before, be it as happy and cheerful workers or beings that were the living dead in all but name as they shuffled through the cubicles, mattered no more. They were in pieces splattered across the floor or blasted apart by gunfire. A tense moment passed before a massive metallic sound rang through the building and the entire floor seemed to drop down an inch as, outside, the view of the city seemed to slowly shake from left to right.

"I don't know who you are or where you came from so, introduction: Alistia Mit'Leona. Healer. Let's get out of here before this whole building comes down on top of us!" she said right as an explosion ripped open the glass further down the office space in what had once been a combination meeting room and break room. With the volume of scattered TPS reports and HR documentation, among other things, now scattered throughout the floor fire seemed to start to spread from the room at a rapid pace. Alistia's staff glowed with a blue light as she brought it about in a wide, circular, sweep and her free hand shimmered. Then she quickly thrust both forwards as a blast of water shot out towards the fire, knocking aside debris, paper, and extinguishing some of the flame in one go. "Hurry!"

Well, with people using magic, lightning powers, giant swords, and telekinetic abilities, suddenly Alec felt very under powered in the fact that all he had on him now was a goddamn pistol. So while everyone was doing all this cool shit, he just stood in the background as everyone did their thing, firing off a shot or two at some lurkers they didn't get. While the situation was scary and quite intense, he just stood there and didn't know what to do. Except maybe watch where his footing was, it was a massive fleshly room like they were inside a human mouth. Or maybe a dog mouth, did smell of dog breath.

That might've just been the rotting bodies of the possessed people. Still though, most of the creatures were just killed off by Alistia and the others, with Alistia clearing out a way for them all. So yeah, bit uneventful for the Scotsman, to be honest. But, he followed behind the healer's lead, since she was now taking charge of the team. The flames bounced off his armor, protecting him from any harm, and the group would find themselves in a staircase going down. It would go from the fleshy walls to concrete the lower they got, with a few possessed creatures blocking their way, but nothing they couldn't handle.

Alec was right behind Alken when everyone was going down, but he couldn't help but ask the black SOLDIER, "Hey, have we met?" It was weird, Alec felt like he'd seen Alken somewhere. Before the SOLDIER could answer though, the staircase would shake violently. The building shook again, this time causing the stairs to break away. Half the group would be stuck on the corner of the stairs, safe from harm, while the others were above them. The stairs under Alec collapsed, but thankfully he held onto the railing, which stayed in place as the stairs crumbled to the lower floors. He let out a shout of fear, holding his grip tight to the railing with both hands.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" He continued to shout. "HELPMEHELPMEHELPME!" The railing suddenly broke off slightly, making Alec fall to the center of the staircase. No one would be able to reach him from where they were, and the staircase was no longer stable. They couldn't stay where they were.

MEANWHILE!

Down below a few floors, there was an android machine saying to a zombie like creature to back off or he would shoot it. Someone did that for him anyway though.

Without warning, a gunshot went off from behind his back, splattering the possessed creature's head into bits and pieces. It's body feel onto its knees first, then with the rest of its body following suit. When Connor looked back, he'd see a man unloading a sawed off shotgun, pulling out two fired shotgun rounds and chucking them to the ground, before reloading both barrels and locking them back into place. He wore a tattered blue button shirt, with short, but wavy black jet hair, and his chin was like it was carved by the greatest Greek architects of Ancient history, dedicated to the gods of old.

His eyes looked as mad as a box of frogs, yet he stood with a charisma similar to a western cowboy. When the barrels were locked in place, he let out, "Groovy." Moving over to the corpse, he looked it over to see what it was. These weren't like normal Deadites. The flesh was too smooth, like it was stretched out, not rotting away from the demonic spirits possessing them. Maybe they weren't even Deadites. Something else entirely, but still as evil as hell.

Alistia's hands gripped the walls, railings, and anything else they could possibly grab as her tail swung about, balancing her, as the stairway before her tore away. Thank the gods she wasn't among those whom fell down below as things started to fall apart. As fast as she could manage she tried to shoot off another protect spell down to those on the opposite side of the falling stairs, hoping to either bestow the ward or renew it.

"That's not good. The building is coming down fast. We need to hurry!"

Last edited:
Trigger wasn’t used to falling buildings, they just were not his job. Every step he made creaked so loud it could be like they were on a boat. One step creaked more than the others as they walked further down the stairs. Trigger could feel his bones shake for several seconds, “oh f-” his sentence was then cut short by the stairwell crumbling. As his right foot sank he could hear the scream of the soldier that accompanied them. As the soldier grabbed the railing Trigger made a split second decision. Trigger chose to grab Alec’s leg as he fell and tried to swing to the other side. His adrenaline pumped as he grabbed the edge of the concrete structure. He climbed up and heard the healer mention their predicament. He replied with a frustrated “Well then what is your way of getting out of here because I don’t have any ideas!”

"Thanks" She was trying to blink but the dust in her eyes hurt the moments her eye lids moved. Tears where streaking down her face trying to wash it away and as events took place around them and they moved away from the place she slowly became able to see more and more of her surroudings.
She could only gasp loudly and grasp for things around her in the blurr when the building shook again and sound of parts collapsing around her echoed in the stairway.
"If there is enough space in here i could use my ability to fly down and i could carry one or two people with me?" She rubbed with what felt like a clean sleeve of the hoodie and blinked slowly again. Still it was a bit blurry but she was able to make out what was going on now. "is everyone alright?" She asked looking much worse for wear than she was.

"I should be able to summon my chocobo to me. He can fly me down and out, but I can't take anyone else with me. That's basically why I'm even still here. If it was just me I would have broken out a window and called upon Floofy right away but that would be leaving you guys on your own without healing and protection. Otherwise I don't have one beyond 'keep going down' because I don't know what this buildings layout is like. Seems pretty simple on the whole though. Almost soulless to be honest, but the finer points of design are meaningless right now."

Alken peered down the broken staircase; he'd been on the near side when it collapsed. He remained rather composed and poised despite all the destruction; neither the fall nor the weight of the building above him posed much of a threat; he could simply crawl out of the rubble if it collapsed onto him, and a fall from his current height wouldn't faze him too much.

"That sounds like a really well trained chocobo." Alken grinned at Alista; whoever this person was, she sounded quite respectable. "I'm mostly sticking around in case someone gets pinned under something, or needs help clearing a gap. Speaking of which; if anyone needs a hand gettin' out of here, just ask." Alken's tone was more neighborly than tense; he'd stuck around specifically to help the other baffled, confused people in the building. The SOLDIER stopped to consider Alec for a moment; the man claimed to recognize him, but Alken didn't know who he was.

His uniform is all wrong; there's no way he's a Shinra MP, and there's definitely no way he's a SOLDIER; his coordination and poise are decent for a normie, but miserable for a super-human. And his eyes ain't glowin'.

Alken studied Alec's face and profile for a moment, but honestly couldn't place the man. After a moment, he gave up.

He probably saw me on the news or something.

With nothing else to say or think about, Alken decided to take in the ambience of this strange new place.

It sucks here. He kept a smile on, despite his urge to simply slice his way through a wall and get out of dodge.

Alec was barely holding on to the railing, as it slowly broke off from the remaining stairs. Sweat poured down his head, his grip failing him, the very long drop down to the bottom, it all seemed like a death sentence for the Scotsman. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" He shouted, feeling the railing about to give way.

It all seemed hopeless.

"That wasn't that bad." Alec told everyone, as they exited the stairway casually. All Alec did was lightly swing to a part of the staircase that wasn't collapsed. Honestly, the stairs below them were in pretty stable condition, and the drop was easy. So yeah, that was alright. They couldn't keep going down the stairs, as the rest of it was collapsed, but there was a second stairway across from where they were, so it was a simple walk. The floor they ended up on was normal, no signs of demons, and the exit sign was even glowing for them to see. All seemed finally going right. "Hey, Marcus, how do you keep so much stuff packed in your pockets? You have, like, five guns in there, can I borrow one--" As Alec tried to speak to the newly teleported guardian, while walking backwards to address him face to face, he felt two cold metal barrels on the back of his head.

"Take one move and your brains go everywhere." Said the man holding a double barreled shotgun. Guess who that was? With his mighty chin and tattered blue shirt. Ash was directly behind Alec, so no one could get a shot on him, and Ash's 'partner' was right behind them in case they tried making a move. They certainly didn't look like demons, or deadites, but you could never be too sure, especially when hell came a knockin' on this world. "Don't try anything. Got an itchy trigger finger." Ash told Alec, who kept his hands up and kept calm. Probably the calmest he'd been all evening. "Names please?" Ash asked the group.

"Alec Duggan, soldier on the USS Glasgow." The Scotsman spoke first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE:
Yet more arrivals would come to play in the office building from hell. These ones though, probably a little more famous than everyone else upstairs. One was wearing red, white and blue. And had a nice big white spider on his back. And he had large white eyes. And he sounded like the older version of Ben 10-- It's Spider-man, I'm tired of being coy about this stuff. Currently, he was hanging off the side of the building, only a flew floors up from the group. "What happened here?" He wondered to himself, getting a good look at the city. Everything looked on fired, including the clouds in the sky. As if New York was suddenly the battlefield for the rapture. Thankfully it wasn't New York, since a lot of the key and iconic buildings weren't there anymore. Including the statue of liberty. Though the city was definitely on an island, as he could see the water surrounding the edges.

One minute he was swinging through the city, stopping a robbery in progress, next minute, he was falling off the top of the building, avoiding the roaring fires from a couple floors up. "I'll need to survey the city, see if I can find out what's going on." The fall was long, but he had enough web fluid to travel for the next day or two, so swinging around wouldn't be an issue. Though he wondered if he should go through the building first, make sure there wasn't anyone still inside. His concerns for civilians were quickly justified, as he heard a woman scream out in fear only two floors down. He was quick to act, jump off, soaring down a few feet, then shooting a web to swing so he could break the glass window open.

The floor above had collapsed on a woman pinned down by rubble, with fires around her getting closer to her face by the moment. "HELP ME!" The woman yelled out, looking starved and dehydrated. "Hang on!" Spidy yelled, running over to try and pick up the heavy floor pieces. It took some effort, but he managed to quickly lift up the rubble for the lady to crawl out, before letting go again. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The woman told the hero, giving him a hug, with tears running down his shoulder.

"It's no problem. Do you know where I am? I... Kinda arrived here on mysterious, super-villain circumstance--" Before he could speak further, the lady suddenly lifted up her head, and here eyes had turned blood red, nearly glowing. Her scream was demonic, and her mouth opened wide to try and take a bite out of Peter. "Whoa!" Spidy shouted, not expecting that to happen, and holding off the possessed woman with his strength so she didn't eat him.