The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1.2: The Best Defense is a Good Offense

A

Agent_Puncake

Original poster
A dozen or so miles away from the carnage that enveloped the bloodbath that was downtown, a small "quarantine zone" has been set up near the docks - or what's left of it. The zone is really only a few blocks by a few blocks, barely covering a medium-sized warehouse complex and a few run-down houses located near the warehouses. The perimeter is built out of broken cars, debris from demolished houses, makeshift wooden sticks and rebar, reinforced by ragtag groups of armed men and women - army, police, civilians, it didn't matter; all that mattered was that they wanted to stay alive.

Some of the less potent of characters would be transported to the docks instead of into the fray like others, appearing inside a locked warehouse by the docks filled with cargo containers. Looking outside of what little windows the place had, one would see the ocean on one side, and dilapidated structures and cranes on the other. Scavengers, raiders and looters walked these parts, cracking open containers, safes, warehouses... and, more than occasionally, heads, looking for anything valuable they could take for themselves.

Welcome to the end of the world... this world. Please, don't die.

Scott McCall

Scott had gone to bed and expected to wake at home in his bed. It was where he would prefer to have woken up, but instead fate had decided that he would not be waking up there. It was funny that when things were getting back to normal for him that the universe decided that everything should go to hell for him. He was used to his life being like this, constant danger with little breaks. He had neatly died on multiple different occasions and this was just another place where he would die. He would hold onto his lofty morals if it killed him though. He wouldn't kill anything, trying to find the safest way to not lose his status as a true Alpha.

He noticed the crates almost immediately, looking around at the cargo containers and wondering if there was anything in them. He did manage to see that they were by the ocean and that all of the supplies he would find would be in this warehouse. He decided that he would approach the nearest container to see if he could open it and see if there was any food there, so he wouldn't starve to death. He also would look to see if he was alone in this warehouse. He hoped that whoever else was here would be okay and not dead or dying.

" I'm not home and things are probably going to get worse before they get better. Hopefully, there are other people here. Hey, anyone else who is here, I'm Scott McCall, are you okay and non-injured?" He asked, wondering if there was anyone alive around him. He also hoped there was some food here as he had skipped out on dinner. Why was he here and why had things happened without him knowing? He hoped that he wasn't going to die, but it was a possibility that this death would be his last.

@Agent_Puncake

"Arggggghhhhhhhhh! What is this place?!" A deep and husky female voice exclaimed, as a crate was thrown at a wall with such force, it bursted into bits and large splinters.

Almandine's figure is seen hunched over and panting out of frustration, having to have appear out of thin air in this old and dark establishment of a warehouse. Just not too long ago, she was in a situation of fighting off large beasts of a distant glacial planet. Her cloak was heavily powdered in snow, and her gauntlets sat firmly in place on her arms.

To find herself in an unfamiliar place of quite possibly an unfamiliar planet, led her to conclude that there was something, or some entity, powerful enough to bend the rules of space and time, brought her here.

She hears someone call out for assurance within her radius. Gauntlets ready, she approached the source of the voice and loomed over to see a male human who calls himself Scott McCall.

"You. Where are we?" The hooded Gem balantly asked him.

@LuckycoolHawk9
@Agent_Puncake

Last edited by a moderator:
Naoto was unconscious for the most part. She had been peacefully sleeping, but had somehow fallen into a deeper sleep. Where she woke up the next morning was most definitely where she had fallen asleep, and it most definitely not The Midnight Channel. Where she woke up was far away from both.

It was a bit startling, coming to. Her vision was filled with the brown of wood. She tried putting her arms out, but found her range of motion was limited by the walls of the crate. She looked around for a second before determining she was now inside a crate. How she got there was still a mystery. Perhaps she had been kidnapped and placed inside the box. However, that would be disproven when she found her pistol at her side. No kidnapper would have let her keep her pistol.

She roused herself up and found she could lift the top of the crate. She pushed it up and what little light there was flooded the room. She would reach her hands up to pull herself up. Now, all she needed to do was find out where she was.

l9jbfuX.png

"I sense a case in the making..." She said rising from her position in the box and looking around. Hearing voices, she grabbed her pistol. The others would hear and see the girl dressed as a boy approaching. She would analyze the group, determining them to not be a threat. "Perfect timing! May I join in?" She asked, turning to the other two. 'It seems we're in quite the situation. I'm Naoto Shirogane, I'm a detective."
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ryeniumine @Agent_Puncake

The Titan know to most as Kingpin-22 wasn't particularly concerned about the sudden transition in scenery. In fact, he welcomed it - a surprise boss fight in a Restricted Zone was a recipe for disaster, especially if it was against the dangerous Vex mind known as Dendron. Osiris and Sagira can wait for a bit longer until he can figure out how to properly deal with this situation.

He stood at one of the windows in the office overlooking the waters as he thoughtfully twirled a strange-looking hand cannon in his hand - the triangular-prisms-like barrel looked like it was overgrown with freshly cooled volcanic rocks, and the cylinder was a glowing, pulsating orb of reddish-orange energy. It was a gift from a Hunter who, Kingpin decided, he'd gladly give up half of his Glimmer for him to be by his side. Alas, such a dream would be near-impossible.

Said dream was made slightly more possible when a few more neon green flashes, not unlike the ones that brought him here, flashed in the warehouse below him. A short pause later, something crashed against the wall of the warehouse, nearly collapsing an entire section. Kingpin grimaced under his helmet as he rolled the Sunshot into a proper position, and strolled out of the office onto the catwalk overlooking the warehouse, just in time for Naoto to introduce herself.

His Ghost floated by.

"Guardian. Would you like to do the introduction this time?"

Kingpin shook his head. The small machine sighed to itself, and floated down towards the group.

"Greetings! On behalf of my Guardian and I. I see that all of you have encountered similar problems as us. Does anyone know what is actually going on?"

@Minerva @Ryeniumine @LuckycoolHawk9

"I reckoned that something omnipotent bent the rules of space and time... tch. What a bother. I left my ship unguarded." Almandine scoffed as she crossed her muscular arm over the other. She brought her hood down revealing her gem on the place of her left eye. Brushing off the otherworldly snow off her cloak, her other eye turned at Naoto, Scott, and the Guardian above them.

"The name's Almandine. You all bear some resemblances to each other indicating you might relate from a same specie. What planet is this-" She asked them, but then shook her head.

"It doesn't matter. I'll see it for myself. Where's the nearest exit?" Almandine asked as she picked up a heavy crate with ease and looked towards the Guardian above them.

@Agent_Puncake
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Minerva

Scott McCall

Scott hadn't exactly expected to hear another voice in the area and one that seemed to be mad about their current situation. He barely moved out of the way in time to avoid being hit by the splinters and bits that were flying around the area. He noticed the figure that had been hunched over with his senses and wondered why the warehouse was so empty, but he didn't want to ask it a loud. He looked over at her attire and noticed it was covered in snow. Did that mean she was from a snowy region or was it snowing outside of the warehouse?

He wondered how she had gotten here and if she was in a similar circumstance to him and had been drawn from home. He had his motorcycle on him when he left, but it seemed that at some point, he had lost it. Well, it wasn't the worst thing to happen him today. He looked up at her and took a deep breath, not wanting to upset the giant women with the truth. " I'm going to be entirely honest with you, I have no clue where we are as I woke up here just as confused as you," he honestly replied.

He hoped that she wasn't too mad about his answer, as he wished he had more to offer. Of course, he had wished that he could help her figure out what was going on, but that was the good guy speaking through him. The man who always wanted to help him. What had Stiles called it? It was some Greek word he had relearned with the FBI.

Scott knew the word was something fancy too, but it seem irrelevant for now. It wasn't like it was going to help him in this strange new location. He wondered why they had woken in a warehouse and not elsewhere. Had someone kidnapped him or was it something else? The True Alpha couldn't tell and it bothered him. This wasn't the same as waking up after a shift, he was fully clothed for one and for two, he hadn't remembered shifting. He honestly didn't remember much about what he was doing before he arrived at the warehouse.

It was certainly a weird feeling to not remember what had happened before now. He did remember that he had been planning on giving Alec some training, but past that, it was a big blank. What was even today's date? He went to check his phone, but sighed, as he realized it was gone.

Scott raised an eyebrow and looked over and noticed that a girl had come out of a book. At least, he thought it was a girl. He honestly couldn't tell by the clothing that she was wearing. " I imagine that there is nothing stopping you from joining you in the conversation. Yup, arriving in a warehouse with no memories in what appears to be a ravaged city. I can't exactly find the right words, but a situation is a way. I'm Scott McCall."

He hadn't expected to meet two women in this warehouse, but that still left the lingering question in the air. If these women didn't know what was going on, who had brought them here and for what purpose? He highly doubted it was an accident that so many people had wound up in a warehouse. Nobody here, himself included seemed to be much of a fighter- well, okay, maybe the giant woman with the gauntlets.

Actually, now that he had thought about it, the giant woman with the gauntlets hadn't exactly supplied him with her name. All he knew that she wanted to know was where they were, but past that, he knew nothing about her. It was funny, but this wasn't the first time he had woken up somewhere with no memories of how he had gotten there, but this was the first time that he didn't immediately know the answer to it. It unnerved him more than he cared to admit. Why was he here?

What was the commonalities between himself and the other people around him? None of them seemed connected to him and he heard a loud noise coming from behind him, looking to see where the noise was coming from. He noticed a man had emerged from the office and onto the catwalk. Who was he and did he know why the group had gathered here? He hoped so, because the more questions lingered, the more worried the True Alpha was becoming about the situation.

What was floating by him?

Okay, so whatever it was, it seemed to be called Guardian.

Scott was even more confused when the machine came floating down towards the group and not the man creature.

" I think we have all figured out that we have no clue what is going on by now. We got that this is an abandoned warehouse and we are by the ocean too," he said.

Scott had heard Stiles talk about the multiverse theory in the past, but he had always thought of it as strange, but standing here in front of a strange giant women, a tomboy detective and a robot figure, it didn't seem so far fetched right now. " Are you suggesting that we were brought together here from different realities and are only together because we were dragged from those worlds?" He asked.

" It's nice to meet you Almandine. I don't think it matters what planet we are on, we are all lost together and even though some of us human or humanoid, I don't think we are form the same place."

Scott was wondering the exact same thing. He hadn't exactly seen an exit where they were, so he assumed this was the back of the warehouse. " I'm assuming that there is either a door behind us or behind the office... but I believe the machine can answer that better."

@Ryeniumine @Agent_Puncake @Minerva

The small construct grumbled. "At least we're not getting fried by a Vex mind. The main gates are directly behind me, below the office catwalk, and side doors are to your left and right, ground floor."

The Titan stuffed the revolver back in its holster and jumped. He vaulted over the catwalk fence and leaped down, activating his jump jets at the last second before landing with a surprisingly soft thump. Large and imposing, his black and gold armour glinted in the faint light.

He didn't speak, however, as his Ghost floated down towards him. "Guardian. You might want to move out of the... lady's way."

He waked to the left, clearing the approximate throwing trajectory.

@Ryeniumine @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva

ywhdy5f.png

Naoto deeply sighed. One minute she was peacefully sleeping in her room, and now she was in a warehouse with an... eclectic mix of... people, she guessed. One of them looked like a Shadow they would have met in her palace while another, who introduced them self as Almandine, looked much more like a Persona than a person.

"Whatever the case, we need to figure out exactly where we are." Naoto said calmly. She looked around the room, carefully examining the empty warehouse to look for clues. Eventually, her eyes were drawn upwards to the office overlooking them.

She looked towards the group "Excuse me, I'm going to go check something out." She said, climbing up the stairs to go investigate the office.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Agent_Puncake @Ryeniumine

Almandine approached the main gates having been informed by the Ghost, and passed by the Guardian it spoke of. She did not mind Naoto excusing herself to go somewhere, seeing that she seems skeptic enough of the place they've been forcefully transported to.

"Heh, the answer I seek of lies beyond these gates and I'm not going to pass more of my time here." She dropped down the crate with a thud, and tried to open the gate. Locked. She then summoned her gauntlets and pried open the gate as she forcefully gripped it's sides apart. Metal began to curve and crush under her gauntlets, and with a snap, the lock broke and bits of metal fell on her feet.

Almandine gritted her teeth as she gave one final push as the large doors slid open, bringing in light in the warehouse. Blinking back from the sudden brightness, her vision adjusted as she took in the sight of the world before her.

Humans scavenging about, broken down structures, and a large ocean... this is a new world.

She then picked up the crate from before and cracked it open with her knee... only to find nothing inside. "Damn it, I thought there'll be something useful here." Almandine grumbled as she tossed it away.

Scott McCall

Scott was about to ask what a Vex mind was, but he also realized that it was a dumb question with what they had been going through. Obviously, it was probably something that only the construct knew about and he didn't need more problems.

The werewolf stared at the Titan in golden armor and was surprised that it had landed so lightly on the ground. What kind of armor was it made of and was it something that was easy to obtain? He knew that Lydia would have figured out what it was by asking and well, Stiles would have found a way.

Scott had so many questions he wanted to ask the ghost, but he figured it was best to wait to ask his question. Maybe he could have figured some of them on his own.

He stared as the guardian had managed to step out of the throwing trajectory.
Scott had so many questions and he had a feeling that going outside wasn't going to answer any of them. It was one of the few things that he was certain about though. Maybe he would figure out more answers if he want with the other member of the party. He hoped that they got their weapons back at some point, just so Scott could be cautious and knowing how to properly swing to not kill the things.

" I know that it's a warehouse for sure," Scott replied, realizing how unhelpful that was after speaking the sentence. It was very obvious that it was a warehouse and it probably didn't make a good impression on the other person he was with either.

The werewolf stared at her going upstairs to the office and paused. He realized that he was going to have to make a decision on who to go with.

To one degree, he would get to know the mystery rock creature if he went with her. It might help to see what was happening around them if he went that route. Maybe he would even get a weapon or something besides his claws to try to defend himself and that was a good thing.

But on the other hand, it seemed that the other person was capable of defending herself and didn't need him or anyone else as she destroyed the gate that was standing in front of them. Of course, it also probably didn't help that he saw her temper and he didn't want to be on the receiving end of that. It would be better to not push anyone's buttons and to let the sleeping dogs lie. He took a deep breath and headed after Naoto.

Maybe it was the fact that she reminded him of Stiles, small and human that made him go with her or maybe it was the fact that he was afraid that the office wouldn't be safe, but it felt better than going outside. Maybe it would help spread some light of where he was.

" So, Naoto, how many cases have you solved as a detective?" He asked, hoping to make some small talk.

He hoped that her answer was more than one, but he wondered if it mattered. He and his friends had stopped and figured out more enemies than most, so maybe he could help. As he tried to make small talk, he took her scent and the smell of the warehouse. It might prove to be useful later.

@Minerva @Ryeniumine @Agent_Puncake

Talion, the Gravewalker, Lord of Minas Morgul

As the green haze cleared, Talion found himself kneeling in the dirt, surrounded by a dilapidated environment of broken down cars, debris and general disorder, what with apparent scavengers lurking around and near the warehouse he had been transported in front of. The ex-Bright Lord scanned his perimeter and gave his left hand a clench, with it briefly glowing a sickly green.

Talion was left with but a sigh and a shaking head. Not one of his Uruks was present in this world, allowing him to believe quickly that he was no longer anywhere near Gondor, never mind Mordor or the Dark Lord. Rising to his feet and dusting off his knee-pad, Talion made for the entrance to the warehouse, which as he got closer, held the distant voices of its occupants...perhaps more scavengers? Or lost warriors like him?

There was only one way to know for sure, as Talion pushed the great doors open, his dark aura oozing through ahead of his person. Combine this with his hauntingly amber irises, pale skin and dark attire, Talion fully expected a...less than promising reception. Whomever they were, if their reaction was aggressive, it'd be a good test to see if his other powers still worked and that his foes were competent.

@Agent_Puncake @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ryeniumine @Minerva

"Guardian!"

Kingpin had seen his motion detector light up with red before Ghost even called it out. He turned swiftly, Sunshot once again in hand, pointed at the... Hunter? Hive? Taken? The newcomer was none of those things, however - armour too heavy for a Hunter, skin too unblemished for a Hive, and definitely human enough to not be a Taken. Kingpin lowered the revolver hesitantly, keeping it at his side where he could jerk his arm up to fire at a moment's notice.

His Ghost was less receptive. "Identify yourself." It said, hovering a few feet above Kingpin's head.

The office was barren, save for a few desks, chairs and some cabinets still standing - no doubt, it's been ransacked and looted. It'd be highly unlikely to find money, and even more so with weapons, but the paper, folders and files scattered around the room in various locations might prove useful.

In the corner, an overturned cabinet had "SHIPPING MANIFEST" taped to it on a stick-it note, but its contents had spilled to the floor. Maybe there's still something useful in this mountain of cargo containers...

@Nero Kunivas @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ryeniumine @Minerva

Scott McCall

Scott hadn't expected to find anything in the office, but he was surprised when there was still chairs, desks and even cabinets still standing, even though they had seemed to be looted. He doubted they would find weapons, but being a weapon himself, he wasn't too worried about that problem as it would seem. Maybe some of the many papers that had spilled on the floor would prove useful to them and their cause though.

One of the very first things Scott did when he noticed the overturned cabinet was to pick it up and place it back where it belonged so they had an easier time to look through the cargo. " I guess the only way we are going to find anything is to organize this mess. Maybe look to see page numbers and files to help organize this."

@Minerva @Agent_Puncake

Strange. Strange was what came to dusk's mind when he was meditating in his almost boundless garden one moment and then inside a wooden box the next, his slender body barely able to fit. He carefully uncoiled himself within the box and decided to open it, trying to figure out where he was. He realized at that moment that he was within an old warehouse that wasn't completely destroyed, strange. As Dusk scanned the area he saw a floating creature along with some humans, these creatures were strangely familiar to him and were not like any animals he had ever seen. Dusk had seen a multitude of mutations and wonderful creatures back home, but never a creatures such as these.

Dusk, fearing that these creatures were hostile, hid back in his small box. He failed miserably though as he tried to get back into the position he was in before he got out of the box but accidentally broke a foot through the side of the box shooting a chunk of wood in a random direction. From an outside perspective, he looked quite strange, a tall shadowy slender creature trying to hide in a box is not the most scary of creatures. "I might as well hide here" he thought to himself in his own head. He peered through the leg hole in the box as he waited for the humans to make their move.

Almandine slid back, eyeing the newcomer as she summoned her bladed gauntlets once more. She stood in a defensive stance next to Kingpin, when a piece of wood hit the back of her head with a small pok. She peered over her shoulder to see who threw it, but there was no one.

At least that is what she initially thought. She squinted her eye at the boxes for a moment, before turning her gaze back at the man near the gates.

"Heh," Almandine smirked under her breath. "Friend? Or foe?" She asked with a smug expression at the cloaked man, as her gem gave off a glint under her hood.

@Agent_Puncake @Wiggin @Nero Kunivas

While everyone was talking about what to do, as this situation certainly called for trying to figure out what the hell was happening, something was watching them. Stalking them in the shadows. It was small enough that they wouldn't hear it, but still deadly enough that it could take them apart piece by piece, devouring their bodies until they were nothing but blood sacks and mangled organs. Slowly it moved around the corners of the room, watching them all talk without a thought that they were in danger. They were perfect prey.

But a noise caught its attention. One not too far away from where the creature crawled. At the other end of the warehouse was a girl. She wore basic clothing, barefoot, dark skin color, frazzled hair, she looked as though she was from ancient middle Asia territory. "Hello?" She spoke timidely, obvious nervous and afraid, as she was working on her art pieces when suddenly she was blinded, (BY SCIENCE!) by a flash of green light. Next thing she knew, the dark skinned girl was now in a giant metal dome with wooden boxes built up so tall, you'd think they were building walls with them.

She moved inch by inch, clutching her arms by how cold it was inside, but the stalking creature eyed her features, interested in viewing her insides up close. And in his mouth..... I said that correctly, I think, but anyway, a monster was about ready to kill her.

It scurried across the floor, making the girl turned around in fear, only to see nothing. Every noise made her turn drastically in that direction, as fear drowned her mind as to where she was. Something climbed up to one of the wooden boxes behind her; the girl not noticing, and before long it readied itself to jump onto her. The girl would suddenly hear strange gurgling noises behind her head, and as the creature lodged itself towards her, she shirked in fear!

Only for a massive concrete wall to rise up in front of her, and the creature hitting it face first; slowly sliding down its side in comedic effect. The girl somehow managed to make the wall appear, and she held her eyes closed in fear that she died. But, she could hear her own heartbeat still, so thankfully she didn't get maned. She lowered the wall to see what attacked her, and to her surprise, it was a crab

A slightly larger crab, but it actually didn't look too fearful when under light. It looked really sad as it laid on the floor, barely conscious from hitting the concrete wall.

It was dark....really really dark for Xiao. Another dark skinned girl from seemingly same time period and region as the other girl that was just attacked by a crab of all things. Last thing she could remember was her petting her pet wolfbat when a green light suddenly blinded her. Wolfbat which was also tightly pressed up against her chest now as the girl was getting squeezed by items from all sides.

Thanks to get E-ranked luck she had ended up inside a crate full of pillows. Her cries for help would only sound like more creepy noises coming from the stack of boxes near the already terrified girl. Its when a concrete wall sprung Xiao went quiet as she was given enough clue that there still was ground around the place. Even though she couldn't see where she was bending she made a pillar of concrete spring up beneath a stack of crates...but it was the wrong stack which fell over to the side and tipped over the crate that she was in. Now on her side it was her pet that began howling to try and get somebodies attention

True, Dusk had faced creatures beyond comprehension, but he had never been in a situation such as this.While he lied there inside a box on the verge of snapping open he looked at the group of creatures. A small rumble, almost like thunder, crawled up his throat as he marveled at the uniqueness of each one. As he rumbled he slowly tried to get out of the box, tripping in the process. His foot caught on the edge of the box as he fell into another pile. The racket was very obviously noticeable.Dusk was covered in boxes, each now destroyed by the fall and his body crushing them. He slowly pushed his head out from the boxes, raising his right hand along with him to show that he had no weapons. He looked like he should have been more terrifying considering his complexion, but in actuality looked very clumsy
1b1ae8c19092e955f68689aa7daecd0e.jpg

Talion, the Gravewalker, Lord of Minas Morgul - Old Warehouse

The reception Talion was met with was less than favourable, for an armoured man aimed a strange weapon at him the moment he showed up, sporting a predominantly black armour with gold trim not unlike Talion himself, though Kingpin's was cleaner and...newer. Alongside this man was a hooded woman, a strange glint beneath her hood shone as she addressed the Gravewalker, and a strange, floating thing. A machine, perhaps? But this was far, far more advanced than the cobbled together "cyborgs" that Uruk's occasionally became when cheating death, never mind how small it was and that it was floating...magic? Talion lacked understanding here, not even Kingpin's firearm rang any bells, but it was clearly a weapon, for Talion instinctively summoned Azkar and took aim with a nocked arrow, not relaxing even with Kingpin doing so, as the Ghost's demand seemed a little combative. Almandine however spoke with a tone befitting of her semi-visible expression, eliciting a glare from Talion.

"That all depends; On if you can keep that forked tongue behind your teeth." Talion knew smug when he heard it and had no patience for it. Not since Zugor the Smug and his...antics, speaking calmly but disdainfully. To the "Guardian" as the floating device called out, Talion took a different tone:

"My name is Talion. I've come from a land a long way away, presumably like yourself and your...little light, over there, floating on nothing." He spoke incredulously, yet a bit more friendly toward Kingpin and his Ghost, though before much more could be said, an almighty crash sounded elsewhere, for several boxes were crushed by a clumsy...thing, that Talion couldn't quite see from his angle, though he took aim where he heard the sound, away from Kingpin. "Who goes there?" Talion called out, authoritatively yet with a tone of uncertainty, as he tried to prepare himself for whatever strange sight he was to behold.

@Wiggin @Ryeniumine @Agent_Puncake