The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Paralogue 1: The Lost World

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet


Abby peers over the edge of the hole watching Vaudeville descend in a circle into the cave. She puts her hand over her stomach and steps back, unsteady on her feet for a few moments before righting herself.

"Maybe flying ain't for me. I just watched her and..huggggh." Abby pulls off her helmet and heaves once, but does not vomit as she fears in the moment.

"I'm okay….I'm good." She tells Alec who would be concerned for her(she assumes if he is a good boyfriend) and puts her helmet back on.

Hearing Pete gripe about 'someone' starting a forest fire, Abby shakes her head.

"Come on…fire can just…happen ya know? Don't got to be that somebody set the fire on purpose or accident." She argues lightly.

Chum uses her flail to float down after Vaudeville, earning a "Huh, that's nice." from Abby before she goes "Wow" at Volare making an ice that would take them down. People started going down right away, either with the ice ramp or in the case of Nolan, a parachute.

"Hey hey now, weren't we waiting for golden girl?" Abby asks of the others. Abby was not the brightest bulb in the house, but she was a good listener, and she was certain Vaudeville had said to wait for her before going down. She watches Lancer and Reta go down, and shrugs.

"Well, guess that ain't what we're doing." Abby says and steps onto the ice ramp. Her boots grip the surface of the ice with each careful step, and she holds tight to the rail of the ramp with her left hand while her right holds her Death Pod, ready for action at any moment.

Dominique Moon- Character Sheet


Circling and gliding down, Vaudeville is aware that at a certain point the sunlight does not follow her even as she knows the cave goes straight down with no turn or curve. When fully enveloped in darkness, she clings to the sides of the cave and crawls down. To aid this, she forms four tendrils to act as extra limbs in her climb.

With eight limbs working in concert, Vaudeville reaches the bottom quickly and is immersed in cold water. Oxygen is filtered from the water allowing her to keep going without slowing down. Her hands and tendrils feel things in the cave wall that are not rock, but smooth glass.

Lights. Now we're getting somewhere

Her hands touch the bottom of the cave, and it is smooth metal.

Could force this one open. Huh. Maybe hijacking one of their ships first would have made this much easier…oh well we're here. Now to tell the others.

Vaudeville skitters up out of the water and ascends the cave.

Sure hope nothing crazy happened while I was down here. Like the Indominus and her posse showing up. I'd really rather not have to fight that thing off. Then again between just Batman and Kassandra are they really a threat? That would be cool to see. And the chick with the ZF-1. And the wizards. Yeah they'll be fine. Wait. Is that Nolan?"

This last thought happens as she reaches light again, and sees someone coming down in a parachute that yes, is Nolan, and the ice ramp coming into view.

Seriously?! Did nobody listen to me?!

Vaudeville leaps off from the cave wall to intercept Nolan in mid-air, ripping off the parachute and hugging him to her chest as she reaches the other side of the cave wall and clings to it with her tendrils.

"Nolan, sweety, did you not hear me about scouting the bottom first?" Vaudeville asks, exasperated as she holds him to her chest and keeps skittering up the cave.

"Hey! You all got gunk in your ears?! I said to wait dammit!" Vaudeville yells up at the others as she comes into view for all, red eyes narrowed.

"Anyway! There's a door…gate…whatever at the bottom I could maybe get open, but you can't see anything down there. No way we're getting everyone down and in quietly without one of their ships. So be ready for a fight when I get back down, wait for you all to reach it, then force it open. Got that? Sure hope so because here I go." She tells all of them quickly and descends again with Nolan in tow.

When Abby looked over to her boyfriend, in need of some comfort for the long trip down an endless black hole, she would find that he was not a great boyfriend in this situation, because he was by the ramp Volare had made; staring down it with contemplation.

"Hm?..... Oh, yeah-yeah, it'll... it'll be fine." He half assed assured her as he went from looking at her, to back down the ramp and his voice trailing off by the end of his sentence. "..... I.... Don't know when this'll happen again, but I refuse to wait for another time to do it,"

Honestly, this seemed way too fun not to try. Backing up for a running start, he bolted to the ramp down the hole, and right as he touched the ice, fell to his back to slide all the way down. Even letting out a, "Weeeeee!~" raising his hands in the air like a child going down a waterslide or snowy hill.

His armor would make for a good sled, but because of how rough the ice was so people wouldn't slip, to say he was even sledding would be not entirely accurate. More like gently floating, going fast enough to pass everyone else, but not so fast that they couldn't see or hear him in time to move.

He tried staying on the side where he wouldn't run into people, but everyone would hear him before he even came close to them. Whenever they looked, his expression went from joy to disappointment that this had not gone his way, but didn't stop himself, so he just kept on going until he reached the bottom, using his hands to give himself extra momentum if he slowed down too much.

Pete, following what Vaud has asked, which was to wait until she scouted ahead, couldn't help but sigh in frustration at everything happening. You got soldiers acting like a child, one team member pushing another into the goddamn hole even with a parachute on, the ogre jumping down after Vaud and everyone following after her. These were the people he was putting his faith in to get him off this planet alive. At least there was a way down, following everyone else AFTER Vaud gave the go ahead.

Drake and Batman would have their own ways of getting down. The Dark Knight would simply jump off the edge like a cave jumper, before his cape turned into a glider that allowed him to gently breeze down along the sides of the cave. Drake, however, did almost the same thing, but with a noticeable difference. With his large hoodie cloak still wrapped around his body, and believing he didn't need to be on the ramp with the others, Drake a took a moment to concentrate on himself.

He shut his eyes and took deep breaths, as a purple aura formed around his body. Along his back were four translucent dragon wings taking shape, slowly extending outwards to stretch, before he also took a running leap off the ledge and flew across the air. He followed along behind Batman, leaving a small trail of purple light that gently faded like smoke.

Once reaching the bottom, Drake's wings and purple aura vanished into the darkness, and Batman pulled out several small glowsticks from his belt to illuminate the darkness of the cave. Alec reached the bottom with an anti-climatic thud on the rock once the ice ended, and simply sat there feeling like a bit of a fool for everyone to look at. "..... Didn't go how I thought it would." He simply said, with Pete passing by him to comment,

"Figured that out now or halfway down?" His tone was unimpressed annoyance.
Nolan Madison
Once again in the arms of a lady, feeling embarrassed


One thing Nolan wasn't expecting when descending, doing his best from hitting the walls as he somehow maneuvered the parachute. Was easily the sight of light fading despite the sun shining bright above. He was positive that they'd need flashlights by the time they reached the bottom.

This fact kept Nolan's attention so much so that when he saw a flash of yellow and that keen sense that he was about be impacted, Nolan's breath was caught in his throat as he was grabbed by Dominique, Nolan wrapping his arms around her out of pure instinct as if to brace himself. Especially when he heard the parachute being ripped and the weight of the parachute bag falling away and the only thing keeping him from falling the rest of the way was the yellow symbiote clad woman.

Nolan not quite realizing what he was being held close to until last moment and he quickly got flustered, especially when he heard her words about him not hearing her previous statement. Nolan tried to stammer out a response, but he just couldn't find the words. He just kept making noises as she climbed up. Eventually startled out of his stupor as she yelled up at the others.

"I....Uh.....Was looking at the parachutes....And I guess someone thought I wanted to jump down...Sorry." He finally got out as he did his best to focus on the approaching ground or the sky. The former making him realize how far down it was, he tightened his hold out of fear, choosing to close his eyes to avoid thinking about it.

@Amber Franklin @Grehstone @Wade Von Doom @Jenhal @Valkan @Wiggin
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Reta (Semi-GM post)
Location: At the bottom of the large hole
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Reta’s whole body was curled up for a few moments as Lancer saved her from hitting the ground, her eyes closed shut. One eye carefully opened when she didn’t feel pain, and instead, a soft cradling of her body. She looked up to see that Lancer was holding her, her face then turning red in embarrassment. She nodded in reply to his question, she was fine, but honestly, she just felt stupid after needing to be saved from a simple fall.

The two then slowly glided to the bottom of the hole, finding a place to land alongside the group. Reta sat in Lancer’s arms for a moment as they reached the ground before she let out an exhale and quickly scrambled out and dusted herself off. She gave a thumbs-up to lancer, attempting to hide how red her face was. She didn’t want to have to explain her embarrassment to him.

It seemed as though there was a small section of astroturf to stand on before a metallic door, hidden by makeshift moss within the cave. For the most part, I seemed pretty shut. There wasn’t even a keypad of any sort to get it open, it looked as though someone would need some sort of ID to get in from the sensor above the door. The group didn’t get much of a chance to formulate a plan as to how to get in before a loud hiss could be heard along with the sloshing of water. Inside the water a platform rose, several lights illuminating its surface and in the center was a giant H. It looked like it was preparing for a ship to land inside the cavern, just what the group needed in order to get inside the facility. There was one problem though, the ship was going to collide with the gigantic Ice bridge that helped the group down if there was nothing done about it. Hopefully, it would be alright with the impact, if not, a sneak attack on the people inside the ship was going to be difficult. The sounds of something flying could be heard in the distance, a threatening hum as a ship flew through the atmosphere. They’d need to act fast.
 

Valkan

Boondock Saints Enthusiast
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Samantha Nakamura

Honestly, Sam had decided to stay quiet for a while now. She limited herself to observe and see how it would be best to approach these people. Taking observations on each of them, and measuring how likely it'd be they'd be collaborative with her experiments. One guy stood out in particular, Nolan. All their way to the pit, he silently observed from behind her mask. Shy, nervous, overly apologetic. He was perfect. Now, there was just one problem, the yellow alien took the lead from her. Even impressing him with her skills and saving him more than once by now.

"Tch, this bitch..." she thought as he was caught by her on his way down the pit. She observed as most made their way down an ice ramp made by the shy boy she met in the jungle. With a sigh, she calmly walked her way down the ramp once Yellow Bitch gave the go. Her boots managing to have enough traction to handle the rough ice just fine. Once down, her refined eyes inspected the not dark enough for her surroundings. Being one of the last down, Sam didn't have much of a chance to say or do anything. As now a ship was coming. For now, she kept her hands to her guns and looked around, ready for any surprise this fuckers might try to pull.

Lancer

Having confirmed Master's wellbeing, Lancer calmly made the rest of the trip down. Once they did, Lancer held Master, he looked at her from underneath his robes. Was she not alright? That thought was brief, as she jumped to her feet soon enough, giving him a thumbs up. Lancer nodded slowly in response "I'm just doing my duty, Master, no need to worry about it" he thought out to her, when he noticed the slight embarrassment on her.

Having a glimpse of the future, Lancer's face perked up, as the landing pad emerged. Making sure everyone was already down here, he pointed a hand at the ice construct, and raised its temperature, melting it in seconds. Preparing for the worst, Lancer summoned his spear and looked at Master "Master, your orders" he conveyed to her.
 

Amber Franklin

Formerly Not_Amy
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet



Dominique Moon- Character Sheet


“Really, what am I gonna do with you?” Abby shakes her head as she walks down the ramp but smiles and laughs at Alec, offering him a hand to help him up. Not that he really needed it. She just wanted to hold his hand for a little bit, to calm herself down, as the walk down the ramp had been unnerving even before she’d had to do so in total darkness.

“Alrighty then! What Kassandra said!” Abby steps back to have her back to the cave wall, weapon at the ready aimed into the water. “Let’s crack this open and get our ride.”

At the alert of an incoming ship, Abby changes her aim upwards, but holds her fire.
======
Vaudeville pats Nolan on the top of his head. “It’s okay my man, I figured it wasn’t you who decided to jump.” She assures him and laughs lightly when he tightens his grip out of fear as they keep descending. When they touchdown on the small island, she sets Nolan down onto it and stands with her tendrils still extended outwards and upwards. She does a headcount by the glowing light.

“Everyone’s here. Good. Now, let’s see just how tough this door is.” She rubs her hands together and takes a couple steps down into the water when they are alerted to an incoming ship. Others are put on edge, but Vaudeville practically has a lightbulb appear over her head along with a smile.

“Oh ho! Even better! Ride is coming in.” She exclaims and motions for the others to step back just as Abby does. “Good job, whoever melted the ramp. Let’s hope you did it fast enough they didn’t see it! Now. For real this time.” She holds up a finger and actually does sound very serious as she resumes speaking.

“Do not. I repeat. Do. Not. Move unless you hear me scream, and you will hear me scream, if I try to take over this ship on its way down and it goes bad for me. Understood?”

“I gotcha, alien lady.” Abby affirms with a thumbs-up.

“See? The dummy gets it, so you all should get it.” Vaudeville returns the gesture and leaps up to again climb up the cave wall, tighter to it this time, and blending into the stone.

“Well. That wasn’t really nice, but she got a point.” Abby shrugs and holds her position.
When she sees the ship coming down, she sits perfectly still waiting for it to pass her, planning to jump down on top of it and find her way in to commandeer it.
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Nolan Madison
Happy a bit


Thankful that Vaud wasn't mad at him, his cheeks getting a bit flushed as he was patted on the head, the chuckle after his grip getting tighter caused said flushness to go deeper, but not in a negative way. It was like a peculiar fluttering in his chest.

He was concerned when he was put down on the small island with the others, Nolan letting go once he was sure things were safe and immediately folded his arms in on himself to steady himself after the horrifying experience of the parachute. He got anxious when the ship began to slowly come down from the sky. Nolan snapped out of his state to hide with the others as they awaited Vaud's plan to take action. The one known as Ryder joining the group in their hiding spot. Nolan did notice that Sam had been looking him over, Nolan felt fearful of the individual's stare, but the sound of engines powering down took his mind off it.

@Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @Valkan @Wiggin @Noble Scion
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Reta (GM post)
Location: At the bottom of the large hole
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

“Hide!” Reta quickly motioned for Lancer to move into the water and sink into it. The revenant also followed suit, sinking into the water where people could barely see her, and lightly clung onto the edge of the landing pad which emerged from the water. She waved over the rest of the group to get into the water, ignoring the fact that it was freezing cold from being at the bottom of a cavern that barely got any sunlight. Meanwhile, Dominique seemed to be preparing to leap onto the craft as soon as it reached the ground, perhaps to crawl into some sort of hatch and commandeer it herself.

Eventually, everyone found a hiding place, whether it be hiding in a particularly shady section of the cavern or hiding in the water, people found a place not to be seen. The ship’s arrival was announced by the gust of wind that blew down into the hole the group was in, blasting them all with cold air that made the people inside the water shiver even more, including Reta. A metal shunk could be heard as the landing gear touched the metal helipad, the ship considerably large for the cave. It was surprising it even got into the cave since it must’ve been a tight fit.
OTklE5MkqJURDmQGkCV_6KsZgHMHLKkzkJrewiumPygiKk3w-aPofjzLFTK7KXhA2AKkpIzyxtPSGh_6o5B_BXydWhv2r8cNQvWwHEX8w8ZRElvPX2YgAogQrU_Qr5x1jPB3szdCM5IrasAibA

The group’s plan for stealth had been a success, as no one seemed to notice or aim guns at the crew when the metal shutters of the ship opened. Out walked a small group of mercenaries, wheeling out a glass tube with someone inside, seemingly a newly acquired prisoner for this small base. She could be seen banging her fists against the tube, screaming helplessly but no sound emitted from the tube. Her fists were covered in a black liquid, and the skin on her hands looked to be cut from the banging on the tube. One quick jolt of electricity later caused her to stop, the lightning bouncing through the tube and causing her to freeze up and collapse. Two of the mercenaries could be heard talking as Vaudville quietly latched onto the ship, eventually finding a panel to slide into.

“I don’t know why he was so interested in this one, she seems so weak to me,”
“Don’t ask me, I just do what the boss says no questions asked. I don’t want to end up on one of those operating tables of his,”
“But like… why this one though?”
“Again, I have no fuckin’ clue you moron, now put your keycard up to the scanner on the door and let's go,”

The sounds of grumbling could be heard as the one soldier fumbled with his pockets, eventually taking out a white card before dropping it to the ground.
“Oh, you fuckwit…” The one soldier murmured, tapping his foot in annoyance. This was a good chance to ambush the few guards and find a way into the base for that matchstick teleporter that would summon the tardis for them. It was clear earlier that they had skimmed the entirety of the crash site, and this was the most likely place it could’ve been taken to. The question was, who was going to attack first?

Vaudville meanwhile would be met with a mostly empty ship aside from the pilot in the cockpit patiently waiting for the transport crew to return. That’s all it really seemed to be, just transport for one particular prisoner. The soldier at the controls could be heard happily humming an out-of-tune song, Mr. Blue Sky to be more precise as he checked the levels of the ship. It was up to her to dispatch the man and gain control of the ship, or to find her way to the shutter doors where she could ambush the transport crew from behind. It was oddly quiet for a ship, save for the slight hum in the control room with the map on display. As she explored the ship, she found one area that had cells on the opposite end to the barracks and commons, one of the glass windows being cleaned by an automatic cleaning system that flushed the room with water from sprinklers. A black inky substance could be seen flowing into the drainage of the floor.
 

Noble Scion

Lover of Lewd and space
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi
Vivian Cain

She felt sluggish. Not that she'd show it or even tell anyone, but it was hard to keep herself from dragging her feet and stumbling over the various roots and bushes they were moving past.

Not from staying up the whole night, she didn't need to rest after all really, it was more a formality than anything back at home, since having a vampire prowling around at night was... Obviously not something that was allowed. Emma just locked her door at night as per her contract with the guards, and even then she stayed inside during the day.

No, what was making her sluggish was the first rays of sunshine seemed to be sapping away whatever vampiric strength she had, and then some, the 'curse' part of her 'disease'.

Easily sliding into a nook behind a rock after being floated down by one of those strange devices, stealth coming as second nature to her. Focusing in on the number of soldiers, dressed similarly to the ones she'd seen before. They had a captive, which she supposed meant they were important considering she'd been kill on sight if their last engagement was anything to go by.

Her world sure was different from this one, and boy, did she feel out of her depth, but she supposed it was a great opportunity. Maybe she'd ask for some artificing tools when she got back, if they didn't ground her on the spot for a decade for disappearing without filing a request..

The red-haired vampire couldn't hold back a sulky sigh, doing little but watching as the strange goopy one would make their way onto the ship, admiring their strange abilities.
 

Amber Franklin

Formerly Not_Amy
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet



Dominique Moon- Character Sheet


The pilot’s humming is stopped suddenly by a golden yellow tendril that wraps around his neck, giving him a moment of distress before the symbiote engulfs him entirely. Dominique Moon stands behind the pilot chair and shivers.

“Feeling really exposed here.” Dominique hugs herself and rubs her arms.

“This is the best way to learn how to pilot this thing.” says Vaudeville with a more masculine voice and form now that it has temporarily bonded with the pilot. It unbuckles from the seat and looks over the controls, miming how they are all used and grinning. “Oh yeah, it’s all coming together.”

“He can’t take control, can he?” asks Dominique, warily.

“Not a chance! He’s not compatible and too weak-willed anyway.” Vaudeville chuckles and shakes their head. “I’m squeezing him like an orange for all his juicy nutrients and information. Just enough to learn.”

“I sure hope Batman doesn’t get after us when he sees what that does to him.” Dominique looks out the cockpit window as if Batman would be watching right then.

“Pleeease what’s he going to do about it?” Vaudeville laughs and continues miming through the controls.

“He’d figure something out! He always does!” Dominique raises her voice in fright then clasps her hand over her mouth in more fright if anyone heard that.

“Relax Dom, relax. It’s done anyway.” Vaudeville stands up from the pilot chair, takes a few steps to the side, and leaves the pilot to resume the bond with Dominique. The pilot falls to the floor, emaciated and dead.

“Reunited and it feeeels so good!” Vaudeville touches her face and giggles. “Now, how are the others doing?” Vaudeville turns to look out the cockpit window at whatever has become of the situation outside.

Gotta take ‘em down real quiet. I got just the thing.

Abby has taken a dark corner of the cavern, and using the night vision of the helmet could see everything plain as day from the light emanated by the ship. She sets her Death Pod to one of it’s ‘less lethal’ options: Freeze.

A cone of sub-zero air shoots out from Abby’s position and engulfs the mercenary that had been standing and tapping his foot. The man yells in surprise then pain briefly as his body is flash-frozen before he passes out from the shock.

That leaves the second mercenary to be dealt with; he had been shielded from the freeze blast by the body of his partner.
 

Valkan

Boondock Saints Enthusiast
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Lancer
Samantha Nakamura

Lancer nodded and silently followed Reta to the water, dipping under just as Reta did. He remained close to Master, in case she needed him. He quietly observed as the action on both the ship, and the outside developed. Gently putting a hand over Master's shoulder to signal her to wait, just to be safe. He weighed the possibility of joining on the offensive, but it would be better if not everyone got in there at the same time. If they had reinforcements, he would be their own reinforcements. That also would probably convince Master to stay out of danger.

Samantha, taking advantage of her dark clothes, simply melded with the shadows by leaning against a wall, from where she observed the ship landing. She had her hand on her knife ready to harvest something while they were at it. Two guards were casually chatting around, while pushing around a person in a container. Samantha noticed the blast of cold air, and sighed internally. "Non-lethal it is..." She thought, as he went on a full sprint on the shocked, but still unharmed guard. She pounced on him, using all the momentum of the ferocious dash. Twisting around him, and slamming the bastard into the ground with a midair toss. Not giving him time to react, she pulled his head up by the helmet and slamming it violently against the ground, taking whatever fight he had left in him. Samantha then hopped to her feet, unholstered her acid gun, and with two silent clicks, tried her luck at releasing the encased lady.
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
Ziv gave a nod to Kassandra, and seeing Voláre's hesitance, nudged him lightly to walk with him with an around his shoulders. "Come on, my friend." He commented softly. This kid was quite helpful, but his hesitance and silence could be an issue. He'll have to watch that. As they made it down he watched the others get to work on the door. At least until that sound reached them. Shit.

With everyone hiding, he took the hint. He was going to take Reta's lead, but Voláre once again hesitated. Dammit. Seeing what Vivian did he took a page from her idea. He was in all black, his hair was black, he would blend in the dark easily enough. Voláre would not. So be it. He tugged the ice mage by the arm to a darker corner of the cavern and stood in front of him. Pulling his hair from its tied up ponytail to help cover his skin and Voláre. He didn't need to see to tell what was going on.

A handful of people, and a captive. He could tell Vaudville disappeared into the ship as the crew made for the door. Now was their best chance to get these people out of the way, but he was concerned about what was behind the door.

Abby was less concerned, and wasted no time in attacking. Dammit. "Can you freeze them without getting us caught?" An uncertain shake of the head was the response he got. "Just that one then-“ He asked, but someone else was already on that too. "Or not…" With the two handled he looked to Voláre and shrugged, moving to join the rescue effort for the poor lass in the tube. He tied his hair up again and walked around it for a moment. With the way she was banging on it he doubted they could merely shatter it. "Guess we need some sort of key… check their persons, see if they have anything."

Voláre was greatly confused as to why the lady didn't want him going last. He would have preferred it so he could keep an eye on the ice's condition as everyone walked it. But as Ziv patted his shoulder and nodded to her, he was guided to walk with the swordsman ahead of her. Once they were at the bottom they inspected a door for a while before the sudden sound came. Everyone scrambled to hide and the mage panicked somewhat. The water was no doubt frigid, not only this deep hidden from the sun, but his ice was in it after being destroyed. He shivered at the very thought of getting wet at all.

He squeaked as he was tugged suddenly though by his earlier guide, pinned into a corner by the swordsman who covered him. He flushed, embarrassed in his panicked state and freezing up like he did. An ice mage indeed…

He looked up when Ziv asked him to attack all the men around without hurting their teammates. He shook his head. That was a tall order, he didn't have the confidence that he could do that. His other request though… He peeked over the swordsman's shoulder at the man that was spared Abby's attack. Now that he could do. He opened his book and held his hand out underneath Ziv's arm, about ready to cast when someone else took to the man rather swiftly.

He blinked. Looking to Ziv for a moment when he changed his mind and went about the rescue effort with the woman. He was just going to stay in this corner for the moment.
 
Last edited:

Jenhal

Edgebabby
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Kassandra of Sparta

Given how many people there were in this group and there were only two visible enemies, Kassandra had stayed in the water clinging to the side of the cave wall while the others took care of them.

“There better be an army behind this door.” The Spartan grumbles through clenched teeth as she climbs out of the water onto the landing area. Kassandra snatches the keycard from the ground where it had fallen, and lifts the unconscious man up by his feet, suspending him upside-down and shaking him vigorously to try and get out anything in his pockets.
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Ryder Rowe
Askin' for a keycard


The former robber hid with the others until the craft had landed, whereupon he would wait til Vaud had done whatever she was doing and for the two Corporate Rats carrying the tube with the lady inside had passed them. He didn't have a suppressor on any of his guns and as such he was about to go full on bar-room blitz on the assholes.

Fortunately for them, the others had gone into action. The one in the nifty armor and weird gun flash froze one of the guards, the rentacop icicle falling over as the other guard was swiftly dealt with.

Looking over the containment tube thing, Ryder being unfamiliar with the exact electronics, and considering that there was a living person in there, a mutant from the looks of it, he couldn't go with his usual method of shooting the panel and wrecking the electronics to make it unlock, as he wasn't sure if that'd cause an alarm and kill her.

So he left it to the others on how to get her out, and instead walked over to the tall badass of a lady literally cartoonishly shake the knocked out guard to empty his pockets. Noticing the keycard in her hands, he motioned for it. "Can I have that?" He would have made a snide remark about calling her Giganta. But he was also positive he'd get his shit kicked in. So he held his tongue.

"It's what the two nimrods were needing to open the door." He explained, hoping it'd help. Once given, he'd use the keycard on whatever mechanism to unlock the door, Ryder bracing himself with his submachine gun. He did notice the kid from the parachute that he did kinda shove because he thought that was what the kid wanted, brace as well with a revolver in the corner of his vision, so hopefully the others would do the same and get ready to unleash hell upon any unlucky bastard on the other side.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin @Amber Franklin @LenxKaitoYaoi @Jenhal
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Reta (And a GM post)
Location: Entering the science facility
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Once all was said and done, Reta simply watched as the two guards were dispatched in a few short seconds. She steadily got out of the freezing water, along with the other people in the group. Ryder soon found out that the keycard could also be used for the small metal cylinder that held the prisoner, and with some fiddling of the controls, allowed for it to be opened. The process of which involved the glass opening at the top and the sides sliding into the small platform that the girl was held on.

Upon opening the container, the crew could get a better look at the girl within. Her skin was a dark grey and almost seemed to blend in with the darkness of the cave. Long, Ashen hair flowed down and around the black horns on her head. A few strands made it hard to notice that her pupils has a slight yellowness to them and her sclera were a deep black. Those who had previously met Dusk would notice the similarities in their appearance and facial features, but it was hard to tell if she was of the same species or not. Her white dress which seemed to have been made of makeshift material was stained with a black liquid that was draining from her hands.
DnKV-VmZDiCBhOLrUzLDC_vQ7RkDuykmPKCvpzfcwHM3cpBuH4VXXmVcrQIJhUEKXa_GHVLO13secKTU0Pjx_3ZKXYE2Zlx9nCtQ48BSqJliTQw5_U2VhWxrqRJSCcyqv8uM9eUCMMVS9Ni_Hw


Initially, the girl’s face contorted inwards, looking almost disgusted by what had just occurred, but then it turned into a confused appearance. She scrambled backward off of the small pedestal, nearly falling over onto the cave floor before moving up against a wall as she stared down at everyone in the group. She was on edge, that much was obvious. She was quiet now, not making any moves to attack, and instead braced her arms in a defensive stance. The girl glanced up at the hole above, noticing there was no escape out of this area, so the best she could do was follow behind the group for now. “Stay back. You go first. I stay in back,” Her words came out disjointed as if she had a hard time saying full sentences before some sort of mental block stopped her.

Meanwhile, the door to the facility had been opened, and a gentle woosh of air pushed past the group as it opened. Inside was an archway and another door beyond that as if it was an airlock of sorts. Green lasers scanned inside the room, gently moving across the group as they entered. Any attempts to see if the lasers were dangerous were found to be that they were safe and were merely scanners. They eventually focused on the keycard the group possessed, along with the girl that was cautiously following behind them. The intercom then crackled to life as the door beyond opened, revealing some sort of medical office within. “Package is secured it seems,” The voice said before the scanners moved over the rest of the group and focused on them individually. “The nuisances from earlier are also present, always good to have more test subjects even if they lack the IQ,” it then continued, a tone of annoyance appearing in the voice before the metal doors behind them closed shut.

There was a moment of odd calmness as no alarms rushed to life, simply letting the group breathe for a moment to look over the medical area. The place looked pristine, with various different cots to use for medical practices along with several cabinets to gather medical supplies in. The girl who they rescued quickly ran over and scavenged through one of them, taking on a pair of bandages and furiously covering up the cuts on her hands. She seemed to have still been bleeding profusely. Beyond the cots were more high-tech beds, assumably for the more injured individuals who were brought into this facility.
PByAOlul2HcfAdUtGPzqOcBRL2iNkjukEeKgaYbtPYoU_VZvmQX_1n17QkQ7YM8vUw3JPmwuWE9mBghFzrb0RjwwyYZ8BUvTzfeVOgov1GOysSG8U7zCyJkLOEvTLaXXh1HO9n-mIxgWK2fF-g


Upon entering this area, the intercom crackled to life again. “If you don’t mind, I know you have not grown attached to the girl so it will be very easy for you to deliver her. It would be ever so great if you could restrain her and place her in my personal lab room. For the directions, you will need to input the code 4121 into the keypad on the wall and it should open up a corridor for you. I really must suggest you take a left down at the end of the hall. The area to the right is my personal laboratory and it would be quite bothersome if you went down that direction. If you deliver the girl I’ll be glad to give you that little primitive device of yours as long as you let me run a few tests on you.” The intercom then shut off, the girl from before turned around and looking at the group with slight fear. She was outnumbered if any of them chose to turn on her.
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
Ziv gave a nod to Ryder when he freed the captive lady. He was going to offer her some sort of comfort, but right now he felt it best to just let her have her way. So he said nothing, and instead gestured for Voláre to follow the others as they headed inside. He was somewhat fascinated by the technology, admittedly. The lasers looked rather imposing and yet they seemed to be nothing more than a trick of light. He rose a brow as they walked. 'Package'? Is that all they saw this poor girl to be? He frowned at the comment about them, too. Test subjects. Truly, whoever spoke did not see humans as… well, people.

Once inside though he glanced around, taking note to the previously captured girl tending to her wounds. He looked up when the voice came back though, prompting the ice mage to hide behind him. He chortled to himself, crossing his arms over his chest and shifting his weight. "So he's asking us to take her to his lab without going to his lab. Contradictory fool…" He muttered to himself. He shook his head of it, turning attention to the girl as she stared at them fearfully. He put his hand up at her with a small patting motion and smile. Like hell he's getting any of us.

He took a small deep breath. "What would you do if the roles were reversed? I somehow don't think you'd be rather eager to be experimented on like some child's toy." He commented. He shook his head though. "I'm not sure what kind of world you live in, but apparently it is one where human lives are little more than play things for you. Unfortunately for you though I happen to value lives. I don't care how important that damn device is, I'm not handing her over, and I'm not going to volunteer to be your plaything. So how about instead of hiding like a coward you come out here and we talk about this like adults."
 

Grehstone

Edgebabby
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Chum Teeth

The goblin had to admit that she felt pretty listless right now. Staying hidden, she hadn’t revealed the group’s presence. During the swift ambush of the ship’s crew and subsequent takedown of the men with the tube, she hadn’t acted. And as the group walked inside, freeing the… Er, was she a Tiefling? Whatever the girl was, Chum took no part in her freedom. She was just along for the ride… Until an electric crackle sounded, and a man’s voice projected from somewhere nearby.

So the guy had a big ego, a big lab, and a big vocabulary. Plus, he wanted to test everyone. Chum’s conception of a test was less about needles and computers and more about deadly contests of speed, strength, and skill. So she didn’t hesitate to drag a chair over to the door with the number pad, tikkety-tappity the numbers the guy said (human common numbers, rather than the dwarven script ones her people used) and hop back off, starting to swing her flail in circles…

“If mista Twitty Two-labs is dumb enough to tell us where he is, I’m thinking we knock on the door. Hard. Really, REALLY hard.”

She said, the flail whistling as it approached maximum speed. If the thing got spinning fast enough and she turned it heavy enough, it could crack and splinter the thick wooden hulls of Spelljammers. A metal door would probably take a few swings, but she was confident. And as the keypad door opened, she reminded herself that there might be a trap… but what traps couldn’t she break just as easily as a lab door?
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Nolan Madison
Looking around a lab


The young man was quick to check corners and anywhere that someone could be hiding in when they entered, that familiar paranoia that was instilled in him by years of living in a wasteland activated. Yet there was no one, not even a wayward guard just standing around, the words and scan causing his stomach to flip upside down that Nolan was certain if he didn't have friends around him, he would've vomited out of anxiety.

Especially when the voice made its offer to them, a deal that was very similar to the "deals" made by shady traders in the plazas or out in the wasteland, that would no doubt end with you dead and all your stuff looted off the body. The scavengers wasting no time to erase the evidence of the crime.

"Maybe the device is in the lab that he doesn't want us to go to?" He whispered to the others as he looked anxiously around the med room.

@Wiggin @Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @LenxKaitoYaoi @Grehstone
 

Wade Von Doom

Cult of Personality
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
As the strange woman panicked in her little corner, and everyone was concerned about the voice echoing over the intercom to hand her over, Drake, who had remained in the background quietly, not wishing to make any fuss or become a nuisance to the team, finally came out in front. He didn't care for what everyone was talking about, he just focused on the woman.

He didn't say anything. He just moved past Ziv, sat down cross legged in front of her, and stayed up at her through the edges of his hood. He removed it slowly to show his horns to her.
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Reta (And a GM post)
Location: Inside the Science Facility
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~


Reta simply was unsure what to do, mesmerized by the beams as she entered the facility. Her mind then wandered off to the various cabinets within, possibly encasing various different chemicals. As the crew went about talking about how to deal with the voice they heard on the intercom, Reta wandered over to one of the refrigerated cabinets and opened it. There she found several different vials of a red liquid labeled “Blood type A for human subject: Tim” on it. Reta didn’t exactly know or care who this “Tim” was, but she quickly stashed the vials into her personal belongings, leaving one out as she wandered over to her fellow vampire and offered the vial to her. She shrugged slightly, hoping it would raise the affinity meter that Reta always imagined floated above people’s heads.

~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Ebonae
Location: Inside the Science facility
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Ebonae honestly felt overstimulated as people began to look at her after the voice mentioned her as a package. She didn’t feel the least bit calmed by Ziv’s gesture. The girl had seen fake smiles before and people attempting to calm her before sedating her, she wasn’t going to fall for that try again. Eyes flicked back and forth between the crew, eventually landing on drake who was slowly approaching her.

“S-stay back!” She weakly said as he approached, putting her hands up in the same defensive position as before. She was quiet and still as the boy then stopped and kneeled down to sit on the ground. What was he doing? He wasn’t saying anything, he was just… sitting here for a couple of seconds before his hands moved up. Ebonae flinched slightly, ready to kick him in the face or what have you if his movements became erratic. They didn’t though, instead he removed his hood to reveal a pair of horns similar to hers. His movements held the same nervousness and uncertainty as hers it felt like, was he like her? The horns were the only thing that made them seem similar… but there was something else. The girl’s hands slowly moved down after a moment, unsure of what to do. “I’m… Ebonae…” She said, slowly sliding to the ground to sit with Drake as the rest of the group went about doing their own thing.

As for everyone else, a panel in the wall opened up in front of chum, revealing a corridor that split into left and right, an eerie green glow emanating from algae tanks in the ceiling. This area seemed darker than the medical wing, perhaps because it was more sinister in use. The voice then crackled on again, “I really must say that the one talking back to a mysterious voice without any idea of what power he holds is quite… ah… let us say unwise. What use do I have for revealing myself to hostile forces? It would be much like walking into a lion’s cage covered in slabs of meat, it is a very uncalculated action. As for the plaything comment, well, I have already taken the liberty of doing that to myself so I do not see the logic behind your words. Now, are you going to deliver her or not? I have no need to talk about my philosophies with incapable lifeforms and hopefully, you all have the survival instinct to understand that it is much better to follow my words than disobey them,” There was an annoyance in his tone of voice as if he didn’t even want to be talking to them at this point.

A sigh then came over the intercom as the group almost unanimously walked in the opposite direction that he instructed. There were various different plant growth chambers they walked past, each having brightly colored flora that seemed to glow in the light darkness of the laboratory. A few of the plants made strange chittering sounds as the group passed by them before they arrived in a larger room with several tubes. Creatures that had been horrifically mangled by experiments sat within the green liquids of the tubes, almost in stasis. Another was laid out on a table, flayed open to look at the various organs within. If anyone walked up to one of the tubes a tentacle would slam against it and it would be unsure if the creature was asking for help… or if it was hungry for their flesh. In a glass case was the item they were looking for, a medium-sized mechanical matchstick with a switch on the side of it.

bZ8n4wiDp4zVl6zS1vP7yNtIkC3wrrYM0KXYZguNWdXnyy1LAWJKte6j2Lu10Gk8rLhbAron_4fNjai27nB8pdnR-F9HyCcjFN1JrvJ9aBiAk9yNssF5XrzJ3h83CtYdBf5Uwmq6quwZLOlLRQ

-IWQ2k07SJVE8_ZoqYx9YcHfmKaJRRDofVDq3CnO1LWH-QO1xic9mtBg51x2akqToNj7J4qCOU8yl6uK1-a2VenXSoBZtxjUoIqGdujNBCsfMLriKpPPKBTyizXVyX0MJrci6Ah5frJK-ey3ZQ


The glass case could’ve been opened easily with the press of a button, a metallic whirring as the glass slid into one of the sides of the case. The sound of something clicking and humming could then be heard as a blue beam shined down from the ceiling, building a figure in the form of a holographic projection.
o8wYIu8mNDe9XNTkIa3hODPT9gx2y3gZSnEr5F9r3kFAocfxSKnbRVI425l5SYv4IfzVsUVfHsdjoZbtB19dYmlxsLbk1hvmRI360nV5QkP1a9D4BCrVAutc3iuYCI_cKvMKAQURQ_Aq-0JI2Q

The figure stood at around 8 or 9 feet tall, but it was hard to tell due to the warping of the projection. A finger moved up to the bridge of it’s nonexistent nose, rubbing the area where it would have been. Another sigh came out of the intercom as it stood there. “Well done, you’ve made it to my lab and gotten what you have been looking for… hooray or whatever you humans say. I guess I should’ve assumed you all lacked the intelligence to go with my orders. The good news is that this is a wonderful time to use one of these experiments and test their mettle. This area blocks the signal of that little device of yours, so you won’t be able to flee from him unless you really try to destroy the entrance door. If you kill it, then I’ll let you go since you’ve gone and helped me with my experiments. Does that sound fair? Great…” The voice said before the projection fizzled out and the creature flayed out on the table sat up, its chest and organs closing in on itself before standing up. Chum was the one with the best opportunity to bash its head in as it stood up.

IAlejmgOvrw5QBFb4n8sXypGjijYQpYpeqqhu-JGe0WH-sd443qafXvzxXU8Mvz5nNg-QWT9owyv9YJrPVLM6xA6YBQ5gGGZlSc_NimSK0lZBE8lKKEfXSggI1F4vURiEqkHiCH-WUbaK1Jy4w
 

Jenhal

Edgebabby
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Kassandra of Sparta

“What?” Kassandra stops shaking the guard when Ryder asks her for the key, and she drops the guard unceremoniously since her shaking had yielded only ammo clips and what looked like a small bag of food. Sliced fruit? Vegetables? Kassandra gives Ryder the keycard and snatches up the tiny bag. The slices are dry and when she puts one in her mouth, it crunches.

“Vegetable chips. But they taste like cheese.” Kassandra comments and eats the bag, suddenly very hungry. She eats slowly as the girl in the tube is released, looking at her with curiosity. Almost like a satyr with the horns. Not that she had ever seen one herself. The more she looks, the more she likens this girl to the one named Dusk. Recognizing her stance as defensive and posture as scared, Kassandra makes no motion other than to drop the empty bag onto the soldier beneath her.

Having someone at her back is not something Kassandra is keen on when the door is opened, but Kassandra reads the girls’ body language and gauges that she is not a threat. Still, she waits for everyone but herself and the girl to enter the hallway. Kassandra draws the Spear of Leonidas and motions for the girl to follow behind her. If this girl was putting on an act and attacked, the Spartan would be ready to open her wounds wider and cause more.

Kassandra stops to watch the green lights scan her, thinking for a moment that she would be teleported against her will again, and thankful she is not. To her annoyance, they find at first only a room with more technology. When a voice talks about them in a condescending manner, and even thinks they would help it with restraining the girl they had rescued.

She would have said something, but Ziv and Chum more or less took the words right out of her mouth. When the girl has a moment of panic, Ksssandra looks at her and shakes her head slowly. Drake somehow calms the girl just by revealing his own horns.

“Ebonae, we are not going to do as this voice says. He is a fool if he thinks you can talk down on warriors and they would follow orders.” She says to Ebonae and is careful not to get closer to her and Drake, but to stand poised for whatever comes next. When the group resumes moving, Kassandra stands in front of Ebonae and tells her “I will protect you. Stay behind me.”

In the next room Kassandra examines the tubes and their contents, but doesn’t approach them. No, she is more interested in the one on the table. She holds her spearhead at the ready as she looks at it from what she feels is a safe distance. Human shape, vaguely, but not human anymore if it had been. Kassandra’s eyes look at the projection, narrow in contempt and anger at this being continuing to be insulting. The same moment she wishes she could behead the being, it offers a better target that is well within reach.

Some might see a thing heal itself from complete evisceration and be terrified and disgusted in equal measure.

Not Kassandra. She finally has an adversary.

The Spartan lets out a mighty roar and lunges forward. One hand winds up for a hard thrust of the spearhead right into it’s head, and her other hand out and ready to deflect swipes, punches, anything the thing would do to stop her.
If the thing could heal its torso, then going for the head was the next best option.
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Ebonae (and GM post)
Location: fighting off a monstrous creature with the crew
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Ebonae wordlessly nodded as kassandra spoke, a silent trust seeming to have formed. The girl was still wary, however, standing a few steps away from the armed woman as she led the way. This person did not attempt to use a fake smile or use honied words to manipulate, instead, she said things plain and simple. A feature that Ebonae respected. It’s a good thing too, as Ebonae was caught off guard by the creature suddenly bolting upright on the table and beginning to wander over.

Kassandra was quite successful in stopping the beast, its head popping like a balloon as the spear drove through it, and several bits of flesh flew off in several directions. This did not stop several spikes from molding out of the creature’s torso and flying outward to stab at the attacker. The spikes were inaccurate though due to the giant best now missing its eyes, so at most, it would scratch at Kassandra rather than impale her. A large spear of bone then flew across the room, hitting the creature in the chest to push it back several feet, a shockwave of air blowing throughout the room. It was Ebonae, attempting to join in on the spartan’s attack. The thing was still standing though, the flesh where its head was jiggling for several moments. It was preparing to do something else.