1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Previously,
An Empire was rocked by the sudden death of its emperor, Uriel Septim VII, and the assassination of his heirs to the throne. With no heir to crown, the Dragonfires, the barriers that protect the realm of Nirn from Daedra, will fade and die, and Nirn will be free for whatever chaos may lay in wait for it. Upon hearing of the tragedy, Calltinus Cadorna, leader of the Knights of the Nine, and a group of heroes joining him to visit this world, investigate the Imperial City Capital to learn more of what transpired behind the Emperor's death. Their investigation would lead them to uncovering a conspiracy created by an unknown group of fanatics, bearing a symbol of a dawning sun along their hooded clothing.

They would also learn, from one of the heroes joining up in the Thieves Guild, where they could learn of more answers for this mystery, by finding a man called Jauffre. At the same time, another group of heroes, ones that had recently been teleported from their homes to the world of Nirn, were joined by an Argonian prisoner of the Imperial City Prison. He had escaped the same assassins who killed the Emperor, as the Argonian was in possession of a massive red amulet that had belonged to the Emperor himself; tasked with bringing it to Jauffre, and to, "close shut the jaws of Oblivion." Their trip was long, running into an infested town of monsters, corrupted by a darkness from another world, but both groups would meet at where Jauffre was: Weynon Prior.

Now, as the heroes rest and recoup, telling the others of their strange journeys getting here, the Argonian was fulfilling a promise to the man that had freed him. To deliver the Amulet of Kings to its rightful owner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
800px-OB-npc-Jauffre_02.jpg

When inside the Weynon House, Shakira asked where to find Jauffre. He was pointed to the staircase in the center of the living room and take the one that separated to the right, that was where his office was. Maybe Shakira had built up the idea in his head too much of what Jauffre would look like, but when he finally saw him, sitting at his desk, readying a good book with a goblet of drink by his side, he felt... strange, about how normal this man looked. A monk in robe, completely innocent looking, no weapons on him, barely even a sign of a dagger hiding underneath. He was just an old man, a Breton by the looks of him.

It wasn't until Shakira had walked up to his table that he finally looked up from his book, a pleasant smile on his face. "Oh! Forgive me, I was absorbed in my reading," the monk apologized, "I'm Brother Jauffre. What do you want?"

Shakira wasn't sure if this was a good idea. But, too late to back out now. "I've, uhhh... The Emperor, sent me to find you."

"Emperor Uriel? Do you know something about his death?"

"I was.... there, when he died."

"What?" Jauffre's expression turned sour. "You'd better explain yourself. Now."

Shakira quickly pulled out the Amulet by its golden string, letting it dangle in the air for Jauffre to see. "He gave me this." He admitted bluntly.

"By the Nine!" And again, Jauffre's expression changed, this time to shock and confusion. "Is that?...." He gently cupped the Amulet itself to analyze it, immediately seeing how it was the real thing. "This IS the Amulet of kings! Who are you? How did you get this?" He quickly yanked it from Shakira's grip to keep it from the Argonian until he explained himself. "What do you know of the Emperor's death?"

And so Shakira explained: He was put in that cell for burglary, a petty thief who broke into one of the watch captain's homes, thinking he had left for the night, only to find him and two of his personal guard waiting. They were expecting a member of the Thieves Guild, but Shakira was just common lowlife scum. A snake who couldn't even bear his fangs. And it was only by chance he was put in that exact cell, as all the others were filled. A day after he was thrown in was when the Emperor, and three of his personal guard of Blades, waltzed in to make their secret escape from whoever had killed his sons. They planned to kill him, leave no witnesses, but the Emperor looked at Shakira with awe, telling him he had seen the Argonian in his dreams. He had been destined by the gods to save Cyrodiil, and all of Tamriel, from a great disaster.

A wall in his cell revealed itself to be a hidden door to a secret passage, and along their voyage through the old ruins of the capital, the Emperor spoke of their fates being intertwined like this, and the faith he had in the Argonian, a man he had just met, to be a hero of the realm. Shakira believed him to be a crazy old man, scared by the deaths of his sons, but the way the Emperor spoke to him. It was almost calming. Shakira didn't care for the gods, but how Uriel spoke of them, and his earnestness of the fate they had given them both, both spooked the thief, but made him look to the Emperor with a sense of compassion. So long had it been since Shakira ever felt that from another person, much less a stranger to him. And when the Emperor was struck down by an assassin, the ultimate test of Uriel's trust in him was made when he handed him the Amulet of Kings. The most coveted item in the Septim royal family. "Close shut the jaws of Oblivion," were his dying words.

And as much as Shakira wanted to shake it. The guilt was too much not to bring it to Jauffre.

"As unlikely as your story is," Jauffre finally spoke up once Shakira finished speaking, "I believe you. Only the strange destiny of Uriel Septim could have brought you to me carrying the Amulet of Kings."

"Who is the Prince of Destruction?" Shakira asked next, as the Emperor had mentioned him in their talks amongst the catacombs, but the Argonian's knowledge of Daedra was even more limited than his understanding of the Nine.

"The Prince he referred to is none other than Mehrunes Dagon, one of the lords of the demonic world of Oblivion. The Emperor's words -- 'Close shut the jaws of Oblivion' -- certainly suggest that he perceived some threat from Oblivion. But all the scholars agree that the mortal world is protected from the daedra of Oblivion by magical barriers." Jauffre answered.

"How can Oblivion threaten us, then?"

"I'm not sure. Only the Emperors truly understand the meaning behind the rituals of coronation. The Amulet of Kings is ancient. Saint Alessia herself recieved it from the gods. It is a holy relic of great power. When an Emperor is crowned, he uses the Amulet to light the Dragonfires at the Temple of the One in the Imperial City. With the Emperor dead and no new heir crowned, the Dragonfires in the Temple will be dark, for the first time in centuries. It may be that the Dragonfires protected us from a threat that only the Emperor was aware of."

"Then... What about this son he asked me to find?" There was still hope left if one did still live in secret.

"I am one of the few who know of his existence. Many years ago, I served as captain of Uriel's bodyguards, the Blades. One night Uriel called me into his private chambers. A baby boy lay sleeping in a basket. Uriel told me to deliver him somewhere safe He never told me anything about the baby, but I knew it was his son. From time to time he would ask about the child's progress. Now, it seems that this illegitimate son is the heir to the Septim throne. If he yet lives."

"Well," Shakira paused, "We best get to finding him then." If the danger is real, as Uriel predicted, then Shakira could make one last journey to find the son. Or... Pass it on to the poor saps below who would believe in a good sob story.

"His name is Martin. He serves Akatosh in the Chapel in the city of Kvatch, south of here. You must go to Kvatch and find him at once. If the enemy is aware of his existence, as seems likely, he is in terrible danger. And please, let me know if there's anything you need. My resources here are limited, but I will help in any way I can."

"I appreciate it," Shakira thanked, "But I think I'll have all the help I'll need back downstairs."

Instruments of Destruction

STARRING:
Felix 'Dancer' Tobin -- @Grehstone
Morgan Yu -- @Epiphany
Hei -- @The Wanderer
Erin -- @Noble Scion
Ashwin Flemming -- @Wiggin
Layyel -- @BazusoTheGrey
Vaasha Yonji -- @Camleen
Wolf -- @Hero
Tsunade -- @Amber Franklin

FEATURING:
Kvatch City Guard
The Dremora Army
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explaining everything to the heroes that he and Jauffre discussed, Shakira was granted aid from Callintus, his Knights of the Nine, and those willing to join him on his quest to find Martin, and save this world from whatever annihilation Mehrunes Dagon could bring with him. A few days would pass before they would begin their journey towards Kvatch, giving them time to rest and resupply, and their march to the city would be by horseback. It was built atop a large hill, with a winding path upwards towards its main gate, and all sides too steep to climb. It made for a perfect city to defend, as siege weapons could be blockaded easy by destroying the only road to the city, and gave soldiers only one way in and out, leading to them being exposed in the open to arrow fire.

Callintus would lead in the front, as he knew the way to the city, with his son and knights by his side, and the rest to discuss amongst themselves introductions if they had yet to properly introduce themselves and discuss a game plan, if they should run into more of those strange assassins. The one Tsunade captured was locked inside a TARDIS, still unconscious from when she was knocked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hero
Dr. Morgan Yu

During the mission preamble, Morgan Yu wore a somewhat bemused expression on her face and that expression largely never left. She looked around, when downstairs at the Weynon House or outside at the Weynon Priory, and definitely once the party got underway. The TranStar scientist had plainly never seen anything like this world or anything in it before. The customs and manners were foreign. Certainly the level of technology was. And horses...

Horses!

She made the mistake of mimicking one for a few hours. A mistake, in that it took her an hour or so to work out how to move like a horse. Of course, for the average bystander, the experimentation was rather horrifying due to the seemingly physics-breaking examples while she discerned the proper animation.

Basically, Typhon can be surprisingly terrible at concealing what they are in other shapes. Despite flawless replication, the majority don't understand moving parts well and can't tell when or how something is supposed to move or not move. This leads to some amusing (and not amusing) ways of spotting mimics in Prey. And, in this case, it means 'working out how to be a horse' is a process nearly as difficult. While Morgan Yu has the benefit of recognizing living vs. unliving and knowing how humans think, how she takes other shapes is still not the seamless process it is for more 'natural' shapechangers.

Leading to examples like:
BestBarrenChickadee-size_restricted.gif

ThirdPreciousCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

AdvancedCommonIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

In the end, Morgan Yu figured out how to do a reasonable job of 'passing' as a horse but opted to take a horse rather than be a horse once the group was ready to head out towards Kvatch. Along the way, the scientist looked at her companions but particularly at Callintus (who thankfully already had exposure to multiversal people).

"I'm Morgan Yu," she said by way of introduction. "The world I come from is nothing like this. I'd like to ask some questions that might sound naive but are better asked here in relative privacy before we come into contact with sizeable numbers of the peoples of this world."

"To begin with, should we be blending in? My TranStar Uniform Suit includes full environmental functionality but I suspect nothing else on this world looks like it. Should I be adopting the fashion and costuming of the locals? What about weapons? I have several guns. Should I conceal them? Not use them? Should I acquire local weaponry instead? For that matter, I have several abilities that aren't...human." It took her a moment to pick the right word there. "Should I restrict their use to stealth situations?"

After listening to whatever answers are offered, Morgan Yu thanks the knights (and other player characters depending on who speaks up). Then she says, "Now about this mission. We're trying to find this Martin at the Chapel of Akatosh in the city of Kvatch. There are...antagonists trying to stop us or kill him in order to bring about Oblivion? Are we trying to find these antagonists preemptively or are we expecting them to come to us? Do we know where they are? Or is our plan, upon reaching Kvatch, to proceed to the Chapel and rescue Martin as soon as possible?"

"Once we have him, then what? Are we taking him back to the capital?"

When the young mage Vaasha had first disappeared from the Highlands, she had found herself in a world made all of metal. It was… frightening to her. Everything around her artificial… or zombies… or monsters. But now she finds herself something of an exact opposite situation. A new world… a world that didn't seem to far flung from her own world. In fact, she seemed rather comfortable with her new surroundings. But the people around her… well that was a different story. They were utterly not like those of her world. She wasn't even sure how to classify their jobs. And as for her own introductions, she still felt herself a bit uncertain. She wasn't trying to be shy but that's the way it seemed. While Vaasha has always been a bit hesitant with people she didn't know, she really wanted to try and fit in here. She felt like she had come into something important.

Despite all of that, before she met up with the others she found a little corner to cry in. She might feel good about helping these people, but she is still scared. She thinks she was clever enough that no one actually saw it, she said she had been exploring around a little.

gYq7cHx.png
So they had been asked to help to find an apparent heir to the throne. Once again, a concept that is familiar to her. There's always been some kind of conflict or hidden agenda in San d'Oria for the crown. She had even helped one of the princes keep his title. Despite those things that were similar, it still isn't Vana'diel. Like when they were lead to what was to be their mounts. Oh how wonderful! She had thought. It'll be nice to have a chocobo again. She had thought. But when her horse was brought around, she just looked passed it, watching for the chocobo to be lead out. She wanted a familiar chocobo… and not this four legged… animal… but… well she was out of luck. She stared up at the beautiful horse, kind of bewildered. She assured the stable hands that she had never ridden one.. or even knew what it was. But after a short tutorial, she had the basics. She could probably maneuver one without killing herself. Probably. But so bewildered was she by the fact she had to ride this horse… it never occurred to her that she could have just summoned a mount. Perhaps part of her wanted the challenge of this horse. And the stable hands were very nice… even if they didn't seem to be able to pronounce her name. Vah-shah. Vaasha. How do you get Kah-jeet out of that?

She rides with the others, her ears flat against the top of her head. She has the reins wrapped around her hands, her knuckles nearly white from grasping them so hard. She had changed into a more appropriate riding outfit, her robes tucked into a saddle bag. Her Light Staff affixed to the side of her saddle. Every few minutes her ears would perk up, and she would look around them. So many sounds here that are familiar… but not at the same time. But after she is assured nothing dangerous is out there (that she can sense), her ears flatten once more against her head.

Blue eyes look towards Ms. Yu as she speaks, trying to keep up with her phonetically. She uses a lot of bigger words, many she doesn't recognize. For all intents and purposes… Morgan is the ultimate city girl and Vaasha is the ultimate small town farm girl. But she does present some questions, some that Vaasha had been thinking about too. Rescuing this lad is well and good, but then what? Overthrown the government? Install the lad for a new monarchy? She understood the whole 'don't let the bad demon fella make things icky for the world' and all… but what happens after? Is there even an after? And how can they be sure that this is really the right thing to do?

Doubt. It creeps into her heart. But it is doubt she keeps to herself. If she is to serve, she must be committed to the group. When Morgan falls silent, her voice comes forth in a soft and sheepish tone. "I'm Vaasha." is all she says in regards to introductions.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Hero and Epiphany
".... So you missed everything said while you were trying to transform into a horse." Shakira, the Argonian, passive aggressively commented to Morgan.

"It was a very noble attempt at one!" Callintus remarked after in a more positive tone, "even if the results were... not ideal." Even he had to give pause at the resounding level of body horror she putself herself through for trying to make travel easier in this world.

"I'm... still amazed you could even do it." Jin, the Ghost of Tsushima, who had been with Shakira since leaving the sewers of the Imperial City, had just met all of them, and unlike the Argonian, was actually shocked by everything he had seen from these new people. Callintus had been there from the start, so he had gotten used to all the madness, and Shakira had the appearance of a man unphased by it, but the Samurai was not one to let the unbelievable powers and technology of these people pass him by.

"Anyway," Callintus began to answer her questions, "As long as you're with me, no one will stop you for your uniform or weapons. With these killers, their power is incredible, and we will need all advantages to stop them, whether it's a weapon not from here, or a power like the ones you command. They've commune with Daedra, that much is for sure."

"What is a 'Daedra?'" Jin asked, "I don't believe they have been explained to us."

"In this world, there are two spiritual group of beings: Aedra, and Daedra. From the initial state of order and chaos, Anu and Padomay, came many god-like spirits, plus Sithis, the void itself. One of these spirits, known as Shor or Lorkhan, either convinced or tricked, depending on the scholar you speak with, many of these spirits into creating the physical world, Mundus, the plain of existsnce that make the cosmos above, and Nirn, this planet. This act of creation weakened these spirits.

Those that stayed became the Aedra, meaning 'our ancestors'; those that fled were lead by a spirit named Magnus, and so are called the Magna Gi, and the holes they created became the stars, Magnus forming the sun, and these allow magical energies into Mundus. Those spirits that never agreed to take part in creation became the Daedra, meaning 'not our ancestors'.

The Aedra form the gods worshipped as the nine divines. They are seen in the form of the planets. Their names, histories, and precise desires differ amongst pantheons, but they are the gods we worship. The Daedra, on the other hand, exist in a more defined, more 'real' way. They occupy the realm of Oblivion, and have their own wills, their own thoughts, and their own desires.

All spirits of Oblivion are Daedra, though the seventeen most powerful of these are known as the Daedric princes, and are often what people mean when they refer to the Daedra. These princes are incredibly powerful, able to influence the world directly, though some are more powerful than others. That is why worship among them is considered not only heresy, but they are beings who are corruptive. They are powerful beyond imagination, and no mortal can identify them as truly good or truly evil. They 'exist,' and see mortals as pawns to play with. And with such unimaginable power from beings we cannot truly comprehend, only evil can come of it."

"And you think these killers you and your friend fought have commune with one of these beings?" Jin asked again.

"The one we captured was just as powerful as Tsunade, and as you get to know her, you will see why that should scare you." Callintus answered next. "And if they're trying to open the doors of Oblivion so they can enter our plain of existence, depending on the Daedra doing this, it will only end in destruction and mayhem. As soon as we rescue Martin, as quickly as we possibly can, we'll take him back to the Prior, where he will be safe, and then start tracking down where exactly they are. Though we should expect them to try and find us, considering if they know how to kill the most protected people in the Empire, they will have eyes and ears in places we won't expect."

After several silent seconds, Vaasha spoke up finally after being silent for so long, and being the nice man he was, Callintus answered first. "Hello!" He turned back around to wave at her. "A pleasure to meet with you, Vaasha! Apologies for the neglect, with everything that's happened, what I explained, it's a lot to absorb so suddenly, I'm sure."

Last edited:
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Ashwin Fleming
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

It had been a hot minute since Ashwin had gone on a mission. They seriously needed to recover after their last one of seeing someone beheaded and people being so casually natural about it. The thought made a shiver go up Ashwin’s spine, their previous thoughts of nausea having been rectified by a few nights of relaxation on the pathfinder. This place seemed much more their style anyway from how Callintus had described it.

“Sounds very similar to my world… I think. I guess Caedes would be the only being to be considered a daedric prince, who knows what horrors seventeen or some of them would do…” Ashwin commented quietly, eventually trailing off into thought as they moved over atop their horse. They seemed to have a knack for horseriding, perhaps it was their time spent in their small little town with Selena. Ashwin wondered if she was worried about him, but shrugged the thought off as he saw the girl among them white-knuckling her reigns.

They eventually were pulled back into reality, their head snapping upwards after forgetting a crucial detail. “Oh! Right, names! Uh… My name is Ashwin for those that don’t know,” Ashwin piped in, their cheeks flushing slightly red like the ends of their brown hair. They were always so bad at introducing themselves to others. The slight distraction and worry for their cat-eared (possible) friend had made it hard to focus on that though, so Ashwin might as well get a pass. Maybe they should ask about that on the ride to the city when introductions were over with… it would get painful to be white-knuckling the reigns the entire time.

Sekiro

Having recently joined the group, Wolf was not familiar with most of it‘s members or the world he’d found himself in. As a result, their decision to provide both an opportunity for introductions and information on the local events and entities was greatly appreciated.

Though he was admittedly unaccustomed to social interaction, he reasoned it was best to get such things out of the way for those he’d be working with in the immediate future.

I am pleased to be acquainted with you all. He began formally, in a voice rough from disuse, I am known as Wolf. Though I am an experienced shinobi, my skill with the blade has often served me just as well in open combat. In addition, I am just as capable against beasts and spirits as I am against men. Please direct my talents as you see fit.

Though silent for a few moments, he felt a need to address one individual in particular among their gathering. There was a level of familiarity in his appearance and name that created a spark of interest in the shinobi.

Jin Sakai... It is good to know I will still be able to work alongside one of my countrymen, distant from Japan as this land may be. He paused then, a measure of uncertainty leaking into his next words, When this journey is complete we could trade stories of home, if you wish. Over some saké, perhaps?

With that said, Wolf quieted himself but remained attentive, willing to respond if anyone had further inquiries to make of him.

As the tinies conversed and introduced themselves, Layyel stayed a slight distance away from them, silent. From an outsider's perspective, he looked menacing and ominous, as if he were an antagonist from a fairy tale.

Truthfully, he was weirded out by the presence of even more tinies and just didn't know how to approach them. He really must not have been paying attention, because to him they just sprung up out of nowhere when he followed Hay-Tiny to the nice building they were just at. He was even more weirded out by the fact that one of them turned itself into a big donkey.

Still, they were probably nice if Hay was with them, although some of them looked kinda spooky, specifically orange-sword tiny and donkey-turning tiny. He wanted to try patting all of them like what his old-tiny friends would tell him to do when introducing himself, but there was something about the former that made Layyel spooked. The part of Layyel made for combat demanded that he pay attention to the orange one, specifically, the sword on his back. It wasn't normal by any means and it reminded Layyel of some of the things he saw in the wastes with his old friends.

Still, he was probably nice. One of the other tinies had talked back to him about some sorta thing called sack-eh. That probably meant something nice, right?

Anyway, he still needed to introduce himself, and since patting them all was probably not a good idea, he walked up to Hay, leaned down to him, and asked him in his best quiet voice (which wasn't quiet at all), "Uhh... How I say hi?"

@The Wanderer

Felix Tobin

The Mechwarrior had to be honest: These were strange days in strange places spent with strange company. Stranger still was the idea that, to them, he was the strange one. His colorful Neurohelmet and Cooling Vest certainly stood out as much as they protected him, at least. Carrying the E-11 Blaster Otto had shown him was another sore thumb, as was the pistol at his side. His new combat knife probably seemed pedestrian by comparison, given that this world had neither gunpowder nor electricity. But his modern weaponry hardly made him the team’s most noticeable member.

The prize for the least inconspicuous team member had to go to the armored giant. Not simply a tall man, he was over three meters in height, with battle-worn plate mail and decorations aplenty. All that and the sword on his back made him an imposing figure, and had he not been sheepishly asking the group’s subtlest member how to introduce himself, Felix might’ve feared the man.

The next most noticeable member of the group had to be Morgan. The woman in the bright red jumpsuit had initially given him hope: She easily looked like a citizen of the inner sphere, and even if she wasn’t, she still seemed like someone who’d understand him. All that hope went out the window when she showed off her ability to shapeshift and turned into a horse. Her blatant disregard for physics, reason, and logic while in that shape didn’t help matters, either. Felix was trying not to think about that disturbing display.

Felix himself was probably right under Morgan on the list of eye-catchers, but right after him had to be the second man in full plate, Callintus. Apparently he was a native to this world, and he seemed to know it well, but one didn’t simply ignore a man in combat armor, whether it was modern and bullet-resistant or the classical armor of a Knight. And maaan did that armor shine glorious in the sun…

The next person on Felix’s list of remarkable folks was defined less by the armor she wore… And more by the armor she didn’t. He should’ve judged her based on the mighty sword and shield she bore, her powerful muscles, or the many scars that marked her as a warrior. Instead, he found himself hung up on the reason he could see those scars at all: Her bare chest. No breastplate, armor, or even a shirt, just her exposed skin. Felix was sure she came from a culture where such was normal and accepted, but whenever his eyes strayed to her he reflexively and hopefully respectfully snapped them back to someone else, ANYONE else.

Keeping his gaze respectful with the girl who introduced herself as Vaasha was a lot easier for the Mechwarrior, at least. Sure, she was dressed like a barmaid at a Steiner Brewhaus, but she was fully clothed, and the fact that she had the cat ears and tail he’d only seen in cartoons from the draconis combine distracted nicely from any untoward thoughts.

Speaking of the Dracs, there seemed to be another in his company. Not the man from the Doctor’s strange little ship, but the features of his face and the blades on his back were unmistakable. Though between those and his unusual prosthetic, perhaps he was actually from old Japan on earth… Time did work strangely here.

The next member he would notice was the lizard man bearing a name that vaguely reminded him of his music appreciation classes from the academy… Why he bothered with the elective was long forgotten, but the fact that the literal lizard man garnered so little notice just went to show how eye-catching the others were.

The final two members almost blended together; two normal people in civilian dress. One wore dark clothes and a prominent trench coat. The other, a simple red hoodie and jeans. Though Felix was sure he caught a glimpse of a knife on the darkly dressed man, the other, seemingly just a boy, carried a bow of all things! And of the two the young boy interested Felix far more the more he looked. Effeminate features that made his assertion of the archer’s gender less sure. A youth about their appearance, seemingly capped off with streaks of red dye in their hair… The Mechwarrior needed entirely too long to realize why the archer held his attention so: If not for their red eyes, they could’ve easily been mistaken for a long lost sibling. But Felix was sure this one had nothing to do with the war-torn worlds of the inner sphere…

It was at this point Felix suddenly noticed that they had a great deal more members in this unit than he’d realized, so below notice their final recruits were until now… But for each warrior save the giant, there was a waiting horse, saddled and bridled. It seemed the Mechwarrior still qualified as cavalry, despite the drastic change in available mounts and armor.

“Well, I guess I’m still Felix Tobin, Mechwarrior. And… I’ve never rode a horse before.”

He admitted, walking up to one of the beasts of burden, trying to assess its wary attitude. In the end, he decided that they’d sort their differences on the road and took hold of the Saddle’s horn, using it and one of the stirrups to jump on board. Immediately the horse reacted, rearing onto its hind hooves. Felix, being an experienced Mechwarrior who could keep his balance in the cockpit, held on to that horn with both hands, leaning forward to force the animal’s balance back onto all fours. It didn’t like that, and tried bucking him that way instead. But Felix remained in the saddle, upright as he could be. And finally, once on all fours again, it threw its big head around in clear frustration… Which made Felix realize he had yet to take the reins. Once he did, the animal became no more obedient, trotting down the road at a relaxed pace, away from their destination…

“Oh come on! You nearly throw me into the dirt and then act like it’s your feelings being hurt? Geeez… This is gonna be a long road trip.”

As the tinies conversed and introduced themselves, Layyel stayed a slight distance away from them, silent. From an outsider's perspective, he looked menacing and ominous, as if he were an antagonist from a fairy tale.

Truthfully, he was weirded out by the presence of even more tinies and just didn't know how to approach them. He really must not have been paying attention, because to him they just sprung up out of nowhere when he followed Hay-Tiny to the nice building they were just at. He was even more weirded out by the fact that one of them turned itself into a big donkey.

Still, they were probably nice if Hay was with them, although some of them looked kinda spooky, specifically orange-sword tiny and donkey-turning tiny. He wanted to try patting all of them like what his old-tiny friends would tell him to do when introducing himself, but there was something about the former that made Layyel spooked. The part of Layyel made for combat demanded that he pay attention to the orange one, specifically, the sword on his back. It wasn't normal by any means and it reminded Layyel of some of the things he saw in the wastes with his old friends.

Still, he was probably nice. One of the other tinies had talked back to him about some sorta thing called sack-eh. That probably meant something nice, right?

Anyway, he still needed to introduce himself, and since patting them all was probably not a good idea, he walked up to Hay, leaned down to him, and asked him in his best quiet voice (which wasn't quiet at all), "Uhh... How I say hi?"

@The Wanderer
Hei/BK-201
Talking to Layyel

The Contractor sat upon the horse, expertly pulling the reins and keeping the animal on the right path. He knew they were going to be going out to the city of Kvatch, to find someone named Martin and get them back since the enemy most likely knew about him. And considering Hei had some experience in assassins and the like, he was certain that the possibility of them knowing was reality.

If they had such expertly laid plans, they would know any and all offshoots of the Emperor's lineage. Hei didn't want to ask as it'd seem crude, but he wanted to know the back up plan if this Martin was dead. Especially if said individual was so important and the only way to prevent the end from coming.

Hei was pulled out of his thoughts by the giant, asking how to introduce himself, to which Hei would say. "Wave your hand like this, and say 'I'm-' And that is when you say your name. Like this." He'd gesture again. "Hi, my name is Hei." Before he would nod at Layyel to try it.

@Wade Von Doom @Camleen @BazusoTheGrey @Epiphany @Amber Franklin @Grehstone @Noble Scion

Erin1655765470575.png

Having practically been dragged along to be part of the newly formed 'party', Erin now sat alongside a number of new faces, scowling at a wall as she waited for an explanation that didn't seem to be forthcoming, not that she had many options.

It was clear she wasn't in the lands of Drangleic anymore, though the abyss and darkwraiths were still present, so she wasn't entirely sure of what to make of anything.

Peering around, her new 'companions' were colourful to say the least, or at least it appeared to Erin. Some sort of girl cat, a lizard man, some kind of fellow undead (though not cursed as she was from what she could tell), and then a variety of strange humans, or at least they appeared to be from a basic glance, though their outfits seemed completely alien from each other, not that she was one to point out strange clothing choices.

Instead, she just sat there eyeing her potential enemies with an odd fierceness in her eyes, considering them, yet unsure. she usually avoided groups for the very reason that she didn't deal with multiple opponents very well, but she'd been left little choice considering they seemed to have a better understanding of what was going on than she did.

As each member began going through their names, she'd suddenly find herself blushing with embarassment. She'd forgotten her own name, though it sat there, perched on the tip of her tongue.

Sitting there in silence as the other went on to talk about Daedra and this world, their own worlds, and various other names she'd forget in a matter of hours, she'd eventually find her tongue, and suddenly blurt out a word.

"Eh.. E.. Ah... E-Erin.." She'd mumble out eventually, confused and frowning at her own difficulty, before drifting off into her own silence again, attentively listening in case she was suddenly given a reason to begin fighting her way away from them as she was used to, while also doing her best to remain upright on the horse, a foreign thing to her and one of the other men, it seemed.

"I haven't either." She'd state brusquely to the recently dismounted Felix, her words harsh and her tongue coarse and accompanied with a weak attempt at a smile, though her eyes would remain hawk-like. She didn't usually talk to people and trying to make small talk wasn't something she was very good at, but if she wanted to know their intentions, she'd probably have to get to know each of them a bit more personally.

Felix Tobin

The Mechwarrior had to be honest: These were strange days in strange places spent with strange company. Stranger still was the idea that, to them, he was the strange one. His colorful Neurohelmet and Cooling Vest certainly stood out as much as they protected him, at least. Carrying the E-11 Blaster Otto had shown him was another sore thumb, as was the pistol at his side. His new combat knife probably seemed pedestrian by comparison, given that this world had neither gunpowder nor electricity. But his modern weaponry hardly made him the team’s most noticeable member.

The prize for the least inconspicuous team member had to go to the armored giant. Not simply a tall man, he was over three meters in height, with battle-worn plate mail and decorations aplenty. All that and the sword on his back made him an imposing figure, and had he not been sheepishly asking the group’s subtlest member how to introduce himself, Felix might’ve feared the man.

The next most noticeable member of the group had to be Morgan. The woman in the bright red jumpsuit had initially given him hope: She easily looked like a citizen of the inner sphere, and even if she wasn’t, she still seemed like someone who’d understand him. All that hope went out the window when she showed off her ability to shapeshift and turned into a horse. Her blatant disregard for physics, reason, and logic while in that shape didn’t help matters, either. Felix was trying not to think about that disturbing display.

Felix himself was probably right under Morgan on the list of eye-catchers, but right after him had to be the second man in full plate, Callintus. Apparently he was a native to this world, and he seemed to know it well, but one didn’t simply ignore a man in combat armor, whether it was modern and bullet-resistant or the classical armor of a Knight. And maaan did that armor shine glorious in the sun…

The next person on Felix’s list of remarkable folks was defined less by the armor she wore… And more by the armor she didn’t. He should’ve judged her based on the mighty sword and shield she bore, her powerful muscles, or the many scars that marked her as a warrior. Instead, he found himself hung up on the reason he could see those scars at all: Her bare chest. No breastplate, armor, or even a shirt, just her exposed skin. Felix was sure she came from a culture where such was normal and accepted, but whenever his eyes strayed to her he reflexively and hopefully respectfully snapped them back to someone else, ANYONE else.

Keeping his gaze respectful with the girl who introduced herself as Vaasha was a lot easier for the Mechwarrior, at least. Sure, she was dressed like a barmaid at a Steiner Brewhaus, but she was fully clothed, and the fact that she had the cat ears and tail he’d only seen in cartoons from the draconis combine distracted nicely from any untoward thoughts.

Speaking of the Dracs, there seemed to be another in his company. Not the man from the Doctor’s strange little ship, but the features of his face and the blades on his back were unmistakable. Though between those and his unusual prosthetic, perhaps he was actually from old Japan on earth… Time did work strangely here.

The next member he would notice was the lizard man bearing a name that vaguely reminded him of his music appreciation classes from the academy… Why he bothered with the elective was long forgotten, but the fact that the literal lizard man garnered so little notice just went to show how eye-catching the others were.

The final two members almost blended together; two normal people in civilian dress. One wore dark clothes and a prominent trench coat. The other, a simple red hoodie and jeans. Though Felix was sure he caught a glimpse of a knife on the darkly dressed man, the other, seemingly just a boy, carried a bow of all things! And of the two the young boy interested Felix far more the more he looked. Effeminate features that made his assertion of the archer’s gender less sure. A youth about their appearance, seemingly capped off with streaks of red dye in their hair… The Mechwarrior needed entirely too long to realize why the archer held his attention so: If not for their red eyes, they could’ve easily been mistaken for a long lost sibling. But Felix was sure this one had nothing to do with the war-torn worlds of the inner sphere…

It was at this point Felix suddenly noticed that they had a great deal more members in this unit than he’d realized, so below notice their final recruits were until now… But for each warrior save the giant, there was a waiting horse, saddled and bridled. It seemed the Mechwarrior still qualified as cavalry, despite the drastic change in available mounts and armor.

“Well, I guess I’m still Felix Tobin, Mechwarrior. And… I’ve never rode a horse before.”

He admitted, walking up to one of the beasts of burden, trying to assess its wary attitude. In the end, he decided that they’d sort their differences on the road and took hold of the Saddle’s horn, using it and one of the stirrups to jump on board. Immediately the horse reacted, rearing onto its hind hooves. Felix, being an experienced Mechwarrior who could keep his balance in the cockpit, held on to that horn with both hands, leaning forward to force the animal’s balance back onto all fours. It didn’t like that, and tried bucking him that way instead. But Felix remained in the saddle, upright as he could be. And finally, once on all fours again, it threw its big head around in clear frustration… Which made Felix realize he had yet to take the reins. Once he did, the animal became no more obedient, trotting down the road at a relaxed pace, away from their destination…

“Oh come on! You nearly throw me into the dirt and then act like it’s your feelings being hurt? Geeez… This is gonna be a long road trip.”

ErinView attachment 230997

Having practically been dragged along to be part of the newly formed 'party', Erin now sat alongside a number of new faces, scowling at a wall as she waited for an explanation that didn't seem to be forthcoming, not that she had many options.

It was clear she wasn't in the lands of Drangleic anymore, though the abyss and darkwraiths were still present, so she wasn't entirely sure of what to make of anything.

Peering around, her new 'companions' were colourful to say the least, or at least it appeared to Erin. Some sort of girl cat, a lizard man, some kind of fellow undead (though not cursed as she was from what she could tell), and then a variety of strange humans, or at least they appeared to be from a basic glance, though their outfits seemed completely alien from each other, not that she was one to point out strange clothing choices.

Instead, she just sat there eyeing her potential enemies with an odd fierceness in her eyes, considering them, yet unsure. she usually avoided groups for the very reason that she didn't deal with multiple opponents very well, but she'd been left little choice considering they seemed to have a better understanding of what was going on than she did.

As each member began going through their names, she'd suddenly find herself blushing with embarassment. She'd forgotten her own name, though it sat there, perched on the tip of her tongue.

Sitting there in silence as the other went on to talk about Daedra and this world, their own worlds, and various other names she'd forget in a matter of hours, she'd eventually find her tongue, and suddenly blurt out a word.

"Eh.. E.. Ah... E-Erin.." She'd mumble out eventually, confused and frowning at her own difficulty, before drifting off into her own silence again, attentively listening in case she was suddenly given a reason to begin fighting her way away from them as she was used to, while also doing her best to remain upright on the horse, a foreign thing to her and one of the other men, it seemed.

"I haven't either." She'd state brusquely to the recently dismounted Felix, her words harsh and her tongue coarse and accompanied with a weak attempt at a smile, though her eyes would remain hawk-like. She didn't usually talk to people and trying to make small talk wasn't something she was very good at, but if she wanted to know their intentions, she'd probably have to get to know each of them a bit more personally.
Seeing Felix struggle against his horse took away from Wolf's compliments of seeing another countryman in this bizarre group of outcasts of the multiverse, watching the mechwarrior ride in the opposite direction of where they were heading. He quickly then turned his own horse, and approached Felix on his right side. "May I?" He asked when close enough to Felix's saddle, putting out his hand to grab his reigns. When he did, he turned them back around so Felix was following with the group once more. "Perhaps next time, you ride with someone." Horse riding wasn't exactly something you try doing by yourself without experience.

"Jin Sakai. A pleasure, Felix," He introduced himself, hooking Felix's reigns into his saddle so their horses were together, and he could lead the mechwarrior without fear of being bucked off again, or worse. "As to you, Wolf. I would be more than happy to hear of your own world's stories. Even if the Yokai are more prevalent in the lives of your people, your Japan sounds close enough to my own that to hear of its future centuries from my own, it would be fascinating to listen to." The year of Jin's world is 1274, while Wolf's is around 1580.

Then, as Erin finally spoke up, it, oddly, reminded him that he meant to give her something. A shirt.

"Here," he threw it over to her to land on her lap, "I grabbed it from inside the priory." Odd he forgot to give it to the woman who was naked from the waist up this whole time.

The approach to Kvatch would turn from a ride along the beautiful forests of Cyrodiil, to that of slight eeriness, as while they all talked amongst each other, and they could finally see the city off in the distance above the treeline; held up high along the massive hill it was built upon, the sounds of animals went quiet. No deer running about across the roads, no birds flying by or chirping, not even the buzzing of bees or crickets. It was just... dead silent.
1656283344567.png
And the closer they got to the city, they would start to see smoke rise from its high walls. They were too low down to see what exactly was happening above, but the large assembly of tents gave a hint to it, as it was filled with civilians who looked lost, scared, and horrified.

There were no guards there to welcome them, and no one even holding a sword or any kind of weapon. Each of them, men, women and crying children, were too focused on other things to care for the team's arrival. Except one man, a High Elf in lower class attire that was covered in dirt and dust, came running out of nowhere towards them.

"NO! Turn back! Get out of here!" He said exasperated. He didn't look to belong to the camp, he was too out of breath to have ran to them from their short distance between where they were on the road and the camp itself. He had been running down the hill from where the city was, and only stopped to warn them.

"Come on!" He continued to say, stopped finally for a moment by Shakira and Callintus' horses. "Run while there's still time! The Guard still holds the road, but it's only a matter of time before they're overwhelmed!"

"What are you talking about?" Callintus asked, utterly confused. "Run from what, what's happened?"

"Gods' blood, you don't know, do you?" The high elf was shocked the news hadn't reached to the rest of Cyrodiil by now. "Daedra overran Kvatch last night!"

"WHAT?!" Callintus shouted.

"There were glowing portals outside the walls! Gates to Oblivion itself! There was a huge creature... something out of a nightmare... came right over the walls... blasting fire. They swarmed around it... killing..." He became too shell shocked to continue talking, looking off to the ground in a daze; face growing pale.

"The whole city can't be destroyed! Not in one night!" Callintus' son, Anden, lieutenant of the Knights, was flabbergasted by this. Kvatch may not be one of the strongest of all the cities in Cyrodiil, but to fall in just a night? Impossible.

"Go and see for yourself! Kvatch is a smoldering ruin! We're all that's left, do you understand me?! EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD!" The High Elf screamed, almost loosing his voice.

"How did you escape then?" Jin asked next with concern.

"It was Savlian Matius... some of the other guards... helped us escape... they cut their way out, right through the city gates. Savlian says they can hold the road. No... no, I don't believe him. Nothing can stop them. If you'd seen it, you'd know... I'm getting out of here before it's too late! They'll be here any minute, I'm telling you. Run! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!" With that, the high elf ran off once more, leaving the team to decide amongst themselves what to do next. Investigate the camp, or head up to the city itself.

Reactions: Pride and Hero
Tsunade- Character Sheet

Callintus' telling of the cosmology of this universe interests Tsunade, but she cannot give the man her undivided attention the same as she would if this were a dining table. As she rides the horse at the rear of the group, she tries to follow the conversation but also to keep on alert. The ambush by the guards has set her on edge, shortened the list of people to trust. She had expected the guild they’d sheltered with to turn on them any moment, even as she borrowed clothing while she cleaned her own.

At least in that time, they had gotten reinforcements. Two of them were of particular interest to her because they looked to be almost familiar, and not just in facial features. Their weapons, demeanor, were making her think of home. Jin was like the samurai of the Land of Iron, while the other man was like many Jonin she knew. The woman who chose to go bare-chested was also interesting only for how Tsunade wishes she had spare clothing for her.

When that man, Wolf, made himself known as a shinobi, it got her attention. Moreso when he addressed Jin as a ‘countryman’ from a place named ‘Japan’. Mention of conversation and sake made her smile.

“Did I hear ‘sake’?” Tsunade abandons her spot at the rear of the group with a gentle shake of her reins to make the horse catch up with Wolf. “I don’t know this ‘Japan’ but I know sake very well. I have some very nice sake on the TARDIS we could all share. I am also a shinobi, but, being from another universe, you would not know me or my titles any more than I could know yours.” She says with a smile and a shrug.

They arrive at an encampment, and the light mood ends soon as they see smoke rising from the city in the distance. Tsunade pulls the reins of her horse to make it stop. To hear Callintus say there was no way for a city to be destroyed in one night makes her recall Pain doing exactly to her village in far less than a night.

“I will go ahead.” Tsunade jumps off her horse. “To scout the enemy’s positions and strengths. The more we know, the better we will be able to plan our next act.”

Fire, Brimstone and Ruin.

She awoke to wailing coming from all around her.

"Eegh?" And slowly she pushed herself up, a lone crimson eye struggling to take in the sight.

The sight of a worn down camp, rows of tents barely hiding away from the city above. And the past weeks events speed through her mind of a city struggling to stay alive as the demon kings general army lay siege. That's right! They were fighting the demon king's army.. They had just pushed back their general? Was it a giant spider they fought? The past week's events, no, it felt like everything was a blur to her. Maybe the smoke was getting to her head? or maybe-

Megumin rubbed the soot out of her eye and finally, took a real look around. Dashing through the camp and looking for any semblance of home or where her companions might be but all she is met with is the despair filled people of this camp.

"Kazuma? Aqua.. My dearest comrades? this doesnt look like Axel." She says, planting her staff in the ground as she continues to look around, before striking a pose and shouting "I Megumin the number one mage of the Crimson Magic Clan shall find you!"

Thats right! There is no mage with such a glorious spell as Explosion, And with that calming her thumping heart she continues to run around looking for anyone of note or of any way to contact her team.

Last edited:
Tsunade- Character Sheet

Callintus' telling of the cosmology of this universe interests Tsunade, but she cannot give the man her undivided attention the same as she would if this were a dining table. As she rides the horse at the rear of the group, she tries to follow the conversation but also to keep on alert. The ambush by the guards has set her on edge, shortened the list of people to trust. She had expected the guild they’d sheltered with to turn on them any moment, even as she borrowed clothing while she cleaned her own.

At least in that time, they had gotten reinforcements. Two of them were of particular interest to her because they looked to be almost familiar, and not just in facial features. Their weapons, demeanor, were making her think of home. Jin was like the samurai of the Land of Iron, while the other man was like many Jonin she knew. The woman who chose to go bare-chested was also interesting only for how Tsunade wishes she had spare clothing for her.

When that man, Wolf, made himself known as a shinobi, it got her attention. Moreso when he addressed Jin as a ‘countryman’ from a place named ‘Japan’. Mention of conversation and sake made her smile.

“Did I hear ‘sake’?” Tsunade abandons her spot at the rear of the group with a gentle shake of her reins to make the horse catch up with Wolf. “I don’t know this ‘Japan’ but I know sake very well. I have some very nice sake on the TARDIS we could all share. I am also a shinobi, but, being from another universe, you would not know me or my titles any more than I could know yours.” She says with a smile and a shrug.

They arrive at an encampment, and the light mood ends soon as they see smoke rising from the city in the distance. Tsunade pulls the reins of her horse to make it stop. To hear Callintus say there was no way for a city to be destroyed in one night makes her recall Pain doing exactly to her village in far less than a night.

“I will go ahead.” Tsunade jumps off her horse. “To scout the enemy’s positions and strengths. The more we know, the better we will be able to plan our next act.”
"At least ours sound similar enough to understand. Some of the worlds the others are from, like that Alec and Ami. A thousand years into the future of an Earth like mine, traveling to the stars in great metal ships that can fly in through the air without a sail. If you showed their glowing orange devices around their hands to anyone else from my world, they would believe it to be sorcery. Or witchcraft."

When she offered to scout ahead, Jin was quick to speak up after her. "I'll join you," he said, jumping off his horse, "We'll be better as a team."

Sekiro

"As to you, Wolf. I would be more than happy to hear of your own world's stories. Even if the Yokai are more prevalent in the lives of your people, your Japan sounds close enough to my own that to hear of its future centuries from my own, it would be fascinating to listen to."
Wolf smiled ever so slightly, Then I would be glad to tell you when we have the time. Perhaps you too will have stories of ages past comparable to my own tales of the future I lived?

At this, the immortal swordsman’s eyes widened. He had not immediately identified this woman as a fellow shinobi, his attention instead centred on the more obviously Japanese individual he noticed among the group. However, after having heard the claim from her own mouth, he had no doubts in her honestly.

It was natural for those in their profession to carry themselves a certain way. Just the same, masking that killer instinct was a talent many masters possessed. Jin had the bearing of a warrior similar to Genichiro, clear as day. Whereas Tsunade had a much more relaxed body language that masked her deeper readiness. Indeed, looking more closely now he could tell he was in the presence of more than one formidable ally.

Your ears are sharp, indeed. Though our homelands may be different, I wonder if our people are not so dissimilar after all? Involuntarily, that prior smile grew past subtle and right into clearly visible, It is decided then. When this journey is complete, let us gather in the TARDIS for good sake and better company.

With that now said, some part of Wolf couldn’t help but feel that the imposing weight of the trials ahead would be much lighter at the side of comrades such as these. For a moment, the figures of Jin and Tsunade overlapped in his mind’s eye with memories of Hanbei and Emma...

When she offered to scout ahead, Jin was quick to speak up after her. "I'll join you," he said, jumping off his horse, "We'll be better as a team."
Duty still took priority over reminiscence, however. Awakened from his momentary lapse into memory, Wolf swiftly dismounted and raised his voice in agreement with Jin.

My own capabilities would be best put to use here as well, so I will accompany the both of you.

Of course, the three of them would likely be best suited to working alongside each other in general, assuming they did share somewhat similar skillsets. Not to mention, the ability of a small team to cover more ground and better retaliate if ambushed may prove useful depending on what they were up against. In a worst case scenario, he could also hold off whatever threat appeared while the others returned to the larger group…

Hopefully, that would not be necessary.