The Evrensel Conflict:Act 1--Chapter 2, Mission: Distress Call

"Forgive our perceived lack of hospitality. We have been adrift in this unknown galaxy for, by our internal chronometer, two hundred and forty-four days, seven hours and twenty minutes since discovering our predicament. In that time, our distress call has been answered by unscrupulous crews, making it necessary to observe newcomers before greeting them. My Master is named Bekkon Unrau, last of the biological crew after, as the young man suggested correctly, a crew of humans made an attempt to commandeer The Glory. They operated under the incorrect assumption we did not have power to mount a defense. Their pilot fled to parts unknown." B9 answers some of the first questions to be posed to it, and anticipates another to be answered before it is posed.

Scans of the droid would yield the signature of a radio signal between it and one other source. There are other signals present in the hallway, a dozen between unseen sources and recipients.

"I am detecting multiple signals in our vicinity. Defensive units on standby." Thea states.

"Correct. A necessary precaution and retaliation should Master Unrau be threatened, harmed, or terminated at any point." B9 confirms and clarifies.

"How many and what model are the units?" Thea asks further.

"Four droideka are prepared to deploy if necessary. The other signals you detect are for the sanitation and salvage droids that will deploy after hostilities have ceased." B9 answers dutifully.

The hallway lights turn on suddenly.

"Master Unrau has activated the lights on this floor in hopes to put you more at ease, and bids you please meet him. If it is The Glory you desire and not his life, he wishes to discuss terms. There is no need for violence. Please, come along to the conference room. He says you may all attend or select one or more representatives." implores the droid politely. It walks away from the elevator and turns left down a hallway in a stiff gait that makes a small clack on the metal floor with each step. The walls and floors are a dark grey with white dome lights every six feet, clearing the entire space of shadows.

Thea looks at the boarding party, reading them,

"I will meet with this Bekkon Unrau. If any of you are unsure, you may return to the Pathfinder. Come with me if you want to negotiate." Thea says to the others and walks after the droid.

• Sweet
Reactions: Epiphany
Ami'Lana Nar Marin

The quarian shrugged as the robot responded. It was as good an answer as any, Ami supposed, and made to follow after Thea.

"I'm not much for negotiating, but if there's something wrong with the ship's navigation systems, which I suspect there is... Well, my profession is ship engineer after all. Robotics is just a hobby." she said with a chirpy tilt of the head, injecting some motivated tones into her voice.

She was feeling slightly better at the prospect of getting away from the idol that had shut her down so ruthlessly and focusing her attention on something more hands-on.

Still, her hidden face remained a picture of bitter sadness.

Otto Kadovah
Joining the Negotiation

Otto was busy looking over his Plasma Rifle, the weapon still an oddity in his hands and the young Mandalorian wanted to make sure that in case of a fight, it'd be at peak efficiency. He checked the power cell and the way the weapon drew power to the firing mechanism. He didn't really chat as there was nothing for him to talk with the others about, especially if he wanted to be in the zone.

The second the doors opened, Otto had the Plasma Rifle at low-ready with finger hovering on the trigger when the familiar sight of a droid greeted them. He couldn't quite remember the model name but this one seemed a bit cryptic in its words despite their otherwise friendly explanation intent.

Trigger and Minerva seemed to be betting something nefarious had occurred in the transition of owners of the ship 'Glory.' A notion that Otto shared as while it was possible for someone be the owner of a former Separatist ship, it made little to no sense for said person to not then sell the droids or repurpose them for other duties.

When Ami and Thea were going to talk to this 'Bekkon Unrau.' Otto would say. "I am coming with. Want to see if Bekkon is a trustworthy man."

@Nomad-22 @Amber Franklin @Noble Scion @Wiggin @Jenhal @Wade Von Doom

• Sweet
"Ah. So being a celebrity means you're skilled in combat and talking to people. Are you a commander where you come from?"

"Yes I am," Garrus bold-face lied, "And those little accomplishments of saving the galaxy? Well, just wait until I tell you about the time I manage to reverse a back hole. Just stick with me, kid, and maybe you'll be able to bask in my glory by standing close by. It'll rub off on you." Let's see how far he could convince Otto he did all this insane stuff by himself.

"Multiverse Rangers. I have no problem introducing myself as 'Brigid Mahoney of the Multiverse Rangers' personally."
"That's good too, although that also seems like a sub-division type of name than a whole group thing. You know, sending people out to forests or fauna planets to fight off giant killer plants." He joked. "How abooout... 'Alpha Order?' Nah, too shlocky sounding, like a team Blasto would found in one of his blockbuster vids." While speaking, he kept his voice down as he also watched the sides upon Brigid suggesting whoever was on this ship may be planning an ambush. Joining the others in the elevator, and it suddenly taking them all up a dozen levels up to the other decks, he quickly switched from his sniper to his M-15 Vindicator, an assault rifle, and aimed it at the doorway like the others would.

He also took cover behind Brigid, as her power armor would offer the best defense against any attacks once the door opened. Yet, instead of facing an impending force, they were met with a droid.

"I bet fifty credits this thing's owner tries to kill us between ten to twenty minutes from now."

"When has that never been the case?" He remarked from Minerva's comment. "Hundred says fifteen."

"I will meet with this Bekkon Unrau. If any of you are unsure, you may return to the Pathfinder. Come with me if you want to negotiate."
"You'll need a hand in there case things go south. That and my roguish charm." He remarked sarcastically. Usually a hundred guards protecting one shadowy, illusive figure isn't always for their 'protection.'

• Haha
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Thomas "Trigger" Holden
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Trigger cursed under his breath at the mention of more droids, along with the function that some of them were for "sanitation" purposes. Sanitation his ass, he'd heard many mob bosses use that word when referring to the outcomes of some very… unsatisfactory deals. Trigger made sure his hands weren't on top of his weapons in case that meant hostility when meeting the droids. "It's best if we all go, we wouldn't want to split the party and have a miscommunication of information after all," Trigger said, shrugging. The reality of the situation was that it was better to have more guns to defend themselves with if things went south.

The man then caught a glance over at Ami, the mysteriously suited alien that seemed to also be from Garrus's universe. She seemed to have been quite downtrodden after speaking with her fellow alien, and the attempt and sounding cheery wasn't going to hide that fact from Trigger. He hadn't quite heard what they were speaking of, but it was clear she idolized him in some way, and his quick switching of subjects had done something. Trigger didn't want a teammate to be thinking about other matters if stuff went down, but he couldn't exactly ask about it now. He sighed, hoping that his choice to hold back on the subject didn't result in her making a mistake and possibly causing a future complication in a firefight.

The Other Hangar​

The other hangar of the Glory of Cato Nemoidia has no light from within or without. No power to the lights, only for life support which fills the cavernous space with breathable oxygen. In that darkness, one would smell immediately the copper musk of dried blood, and the putrid stench of decay. It feels as if it were in the air, and could be tasted on the tongue when opening your mouth.

Should one cast their own light before them, they would behold the floor around them littered with bodies and pieces of droids. Over a dozen of each, joined by pools of dried blood and still slick oil from the droids. The humanoid bodies are in different states of decomposition and mutilated in various ways. The wound they all share is to their heads that expose their destroyed brain, or are headless.

The closed hangar door is to their back, and no exit visible nearby through the gore. There are also tanks of four different types scattered about beyond the field of bodies, forming a rough maze of metal with their bulk.

It is silent. For a few seconds. A low moan issues forth from a pile of bodies nearby, then a scraping noise. The source is the mangled body of what had been a young boy with missing legs, wearing an orange parka, and looking right at the newcomer with glowing yellow eyes. It crawls forth, chomping at air and uttering a hissing moan.

@Camleen

• Nice Execution!
KydWlxs.png
Dear chronicle
01/21/1390 (Iceday!)
Well we finally we made it. We finally made it to the northwest corner of the Highlands. I thought we would never get here! Just as we had planned, we all met in Bastok Markets. Headed north into Gustaberg, across Zeikt Creek (beautiful view!) and then Aulgung Pass. And that's when the real challenge started. I lead the group… well in the regards I walked in front of everyone. I had my Earth Spirit on guard duty with me.
The Quadav, I think, I could keep them at a distance. Gobbies, though, well that's different. I do really like this little group. I hope I can get them to the Dunes for some serious training! So there's Sprocket and his pal Kagekiyo (a smartypants automaton), Ironhound, Melco Belco and his wife Jariri and Vantae Black. I'm sure we cam find more folk in the Dunes.

The rocky terrain of the Highlands are so prominent, lovely to this Mithra. High stone walls surrounding the Highlands on nearly all sides. Vaasha stands in the northwest corner of the Highlands region, near the Elvaan guards keeping vigil. She leans on her staff as she smiles faintly, her tail swaying slowly back and forth. As she stands she sees a few adventurers passing by, all heading to the Dunes. And as they pass, she watches to ensure they aren't being chased. A cool breeze draws across the terrain, she brings her free hand to one of her ears. "Van?" She says, looking up a little. She hears a woman's voice in her ear, the voice coming through the Linkpearl. 'We're here, V. About to head over the ridge.' Vaasha nods and lowers her hand "We'll be here!" She looks to her Earth Spirit partner, it moving back and forth slowly as the whole of its stone body pulses.

Now Vaasha sees the small group, Sprocket waving enthusiastically (his automaton mirroring the motion). Ironhound's heavy armor shimmers in the gentle sunlight. He's the Paladin, and he is powerful. Sprocket, as mentioned, has an automaton for a partner so that makes Sprocket a Puppetmaster. Vantae's dark robes sway as she moves, she is a Black Mage. Her art is destruction, and she enjoys being that sort of artist.

Ironhound's armor clanks lightly as they near Vaasha, and she motions for them to follow. "Okay!" She exclaims excitedly. "Right this way to the Valkurm Dunes! A land filled with all sorts of gobbies, ghosts, elementals and bad!" 'We've all been here before, Vaasha.' Vantae says in a low tone. Sprocket nods in agreement (and so does Kagekiyo) and speaks 'Yeeeeah but never as a group! C'mon sourpuss it'll be fun!' He nudges Vantae's shoulder playfully, and she utters 'I will drop a meteor on you, Sprocket.' And in response Sprocket laughs lightly 'A meteor of loooove!' The group rolls their eyes collectively as they continue on. Vaasha motions them on, and then points to the oncoming gate. "Okay let's find more adventurers!" She is first through the gate, but she doesn't appear in the sandy Dunes as she should have…

Darkness.

Enshrouded in darkness, confusion takes over the Mithra's mind. She takes a step back and holds her staff to her chest with both hands. Her tail flicks left to right with irritation, her ears flattened to her head. Eyes wide, she can see very well in darkness. She can't quite make out things, she doesn't know exactly what she is seeing. Her nose wrinkles as she breathes in the putrid air, she feels herself gagging. Sometimes it's not good having enhanced senses, and this is one of those times.

Okay, Vaasha. Get it together here. Figure out your surroundings first. Slowing her breathing, she actually tries to hold her breath in brief pauses. Holding her staff in both hands still she holds it up a bit before her. The crystal starts to flicker with a soft white glow, and she then brings it back to her. Gently she blows on it, and the glow gains strength. Now she holds her staff up to get a better look. And she wishes she hadn't. A soft whine emits from her throat and she hugs her staff back to her fearfully. So many Humes… so many… automatons? Are those automatons? Mutilated… so many beyond help… Her eyes slam shut and she tries to gather herself. She's never been in a place like this. So many dead. So much chaos. So helpless.

One of her ears perk up as she hears something in the awful silence. A Hume… he sounds like he's in pain. On instinct she holds her staff in that direction to get better lighting, and she calls out. "Hello? Hello is someone there?" Sharp eyes focus on movement, and she lets out a short cry as she sees it. A Hume alright, but not a man. A boy, at best. But he… "Altana help me.." Vaasha whispers as her mind starts to put it all together. It looks like a Qutrub.. an undead she once encountered in Arrapago Reef. But it's definitely Hume…

And it's trying to make its way to her. She has some distance from it still, but she feels herself take a step back. "Ironhound" she whispers, looking left to right and back. "Sprock… Vantae.." her tone is a whisper still, a plea for help from her friends. But they aren't here. She doesn't know where they are. She doesn't know where she is. She doesn't know what this is. What all of this chaos is. Why was there a bloodbath here? Her logic tells her the Humes fought the automatons she sees, but what about the undead thing coming for her? What happened..

Her mind lingers on the chaos before her, and then a soft whisper in the back of her mind. A whisper reminding her that while Ironhound, Sprocket (and Kagekiyo) and Vantae aren't here… she isn't alone. She is never alone to face adversity.

4UP3mDi.jpeg
Her hands spread out to her sides, her softly glowing staff still in her right hand. Wisps of white and blue electricity start to dance along her body and then her arms. Her voice comes forth in a soft tone. "Whispered secrets of a shattered age… I summon you now…" her arms move in a circular motion and then meet in front of her drawn back. Her hands thrust forward as a glowing mystic array forms on the ground in front of her. "Renew this sage!" Out of the middle of the array a small blue glowing creatures leaps out with a soft squeal. It lands in front of Vaasha, facing the 'undead' thing. It prances towards the hissing parka wearing thing and then leaps up. It's head nods to it as it spins in the air, the ruby on it's forehead flashing a moment. Carbuncle (the summoned creature) uses a healing spell on it and lands. Carbuncle gallops back towards Vaasha to stand at her side, coming up to about her waist. And they both stare as nothing happens. Vaasha's eyes wide and she takes another step back, Carbuncle stepping in front of her. Carbuncle lowers itself on its front paws, it's multiple tails flicking back and forth.

4hie3pI.png

• Thank You
KydWlxs.png
Dear chronicle
01/21/1390 (Iceday!)
Well we finally we made it. We finally made it to the northwest corner of the Highlands. I thought we would never get here! Just as we had planned, we all met in Bastok Markets. Headed north into Gustaberg, across Zeikt Creek (beautiful view!) and then Aulgung Pass. And that's when the real challenge started. I lead the group… well in the regards I walked in front of everyone. I had my Earth Spirit on guard duty with me.
The Quadav, I think, I could keep them at a distance. Gobbies, though, well that's different. I do really like this little group. I hope I can get them to the Dunes for some serious training! So there's Sprocket and his pal Kagekiyo (a smartypants automaton), Ironhound, Melco Belco and his wife Jariri and Vantae Black. I'm sure we cam find more folk in the Dunes.

The rocky terrain of the Highlands are so prominent, lovely to this Mithra. High stone walls surrounding the Highlands on nearly all sides. Vaasha stands in the northwest corner of the Highlands region, near the Elvaan guards keeping vigil. She leans on her staff as she smiles faintly, her tail swaying slowly back and forth. As she stands she sees a few adventurers passing by, all heading to the Dunes. And as they pass, she watches to ensure they aren't being chased. A cool breeze draws across the terrain, she brings her free hand to one of her ears. "Van?" She says, looking up a little. She hears a woman's voice in her ear, the voice coming through the Linkpearl. 'We're here, V. About to head over the ridge.' Vaasha nods and lowers her hand "We'll be here!" She looks to her Earth Spirit partner, it moving back and forth slowly as the whole of its stone body pulses.

Now Vaasha sees the small group, Sprocket waving enthusiastically (his automaton mirroring the motion). Ironhound's heavy armor shimmers in the gentle sunlight. He's the Paladin, and he is powerful. Sprocket, as mentioned, has an automaton for a partner so that makes Sprocket a Puppetmaster. Vantae's dark robes sway as she moves, she is a Black Mage. Her art is destruction, and she enjoys being that sort of artist.

Ironhound's armor clanks lightly as they near Vaasha, and she motions for them to follow. "Okay!" She exclaims excitedly. "Right this way to the Valkurm Dunes! A land filled with all sorts of gobbies, ghosts, elementals and bad!" 'We've all been here before, Vaasha.' Vantae says in a low tone. Sprocket nods in agreement (and so does Kagekiyo) and speaks 'Yeeeeah but never as a group! C'mon sourpuss it'll be fun!' He nudges Vantae's shoulder playfully, and she utters 'I will drop a meteor on you, Sprocket.' And in response Sprocket laughs lightly 'A meteor of loooove!' The group rolls their eyes collectively as they continue on. Vaasha motions them on, and then points to the oncoming gate. "Okay let's find more adventurers!" She is first through the gate, but she doesn't appear in the sandy Dunes as she should have…

Darkness.

Enshrouded in darkness, confusion takes over the Mithra's mind. She takes a step back and holds her staff to her chest with both hands. Her tail flicks left to right with irritation, her ears flattened to her head. Eyes wide, she can see very well in darkness. She can't quite make out things, she doesn't know exactly what she is seeing. Her nose wrinkles as she breathes in the putrid air, she feels herself gagging. Sometimes it's not good having enhanced senses, and this is one of those times.

Okay, Vaasha. Get it together here. Figure out your surroundings first. Slowing her breathing, she actually tries to hold her breath in brief pauses. Holding her staff in both hands still she holds it up a bit before her. The crystal starts to flicker with a soft white glow, and she then brings it back to her. Gently she blows on it, and the glow gains strength. Now she holds her staff up to get a better look. And she wishes she hadn't. A soft whine emits from her throat and she hugs her staff back to her fearfully. So many Humes… so many… automatons? Are those automatons? Mutilated… so many beyond help… Her eyes slam shut and she tries to gather herself. She's never been in a place like this. So many dead. So much chaos. So helpless.

One of her ears perk up as she hears something in the awful silence. A Hume… he sounds like he's in pain. On instinct she holds her staff in that direction to get better lighting, and she calls out. "Hello? Hello is someone there?" Sharp eyes focus on movement, and she lets out a short cry as she sees it. A Hume alright, but not a man. A boy, at best. But he… "Altana help me.." Vaasha whispers as her mind starts to put it all together. It looks like a Qutrub.. an undead she once encountered in Arrapago Reef. But it's definitely Hume…

And it's trying to make its way to her. She has some distance from it still, but she feels herself take a step back. "Ironhound" she whispers, looking left to right and back. "Sprock… Vantae.." her tone is a whisper still, a plea for help from her friends. But they aren't here. She doesn't know where they are. She doesn't know where she is. She doesn't know what this is. What all of this chaos is. Why was there a bloodbath here? Her logic tells her the Humes fought the automatons she sees, but what about the undead thing coming for her? What happened..

Her mind lingers on the chaos before her, and then a soft whisper in the back of her mind. A whisper reminding her that while Ironhound, Sprocket (and Kagekiyo) and Vantae aren't here… she isn't alone. She is never alone to face adversity.

4UP3mDi.jpeg
Her hands spread out to her sides, her softly glowing staff still in her right hand. Wisps of white and blue electricity start to dance along her body and then her arms. Her voice comes forth in a soft tone. "Whispered secrets of a shattered age… I summon you now…" her arms move in a circular motion and then meet in front of her drawn back. Her hands thrust forward as a glowing mystic array forms on the ground in front of her. "Renew this sage!" Out of the middle of the array a small blue glowing creatures leaps out with a soft squeal. It lands in front of Vaasha, facing the 'undead' thing. It prances towards the hissing parka wearing thing and then leaps up. It's head nods to it as it spins in the air, the ruby on it's forehead flashing a moment. Carbuncle (the summoned creature) uses a healing spell on it and lands. Carbuncle gallops back towards Vaasha to stand at her side, coming up to about her waist. And they both stare as nothing happens. Vaasha's eyes wide and she takes another step back, Carbuncle stepping in front of her. Carbuncle lowers itself on its front paws, it's multiple tails flicking back and forth.

4hie3pI.png
Indeed, her spell did nothing to the zombie.... at first. Then, as it crawled towards her, its mouth just visible under the tattered mouth mask connected to its parka, and moaning lowly like a wounded, yet rabbit animal, its head started to shake. Softly at first, then becoming more violent as the seconds passed. Its low voice began to screech loudly, and when it reached a high pitch,

Kaboom,

Off popped its head; blood and chunks of its skull and face flying in different directions, some of which would get on Vaasha's clothing, and a few blood drops landing on her face. It was certainly dead at least. However, Vaasha would see something along the wall. White letters began to form, like ink staining through paper, and she would see her name. Along with a number.

Vaasha:
+100 500

Then the hangar echoed. Both with the sounds of low moans, and a strange noise, like a song.

The text changed, following her if she tried looking away to somewhere else. It would appear any wall until she read it.

Round 1

Find the Power

The floor panels below her began to shake, as more zombies tried breaking their way through them to reach her. Some of their hands were already grasping through the cracks, trying to reach at her feet. In a few minutes, they were sure to break through and start crawling out, numbering so far with at least ten visible, with more hiding in the shadows of the maze in front of her. Her staff was the only source of light.

• OMG
Brigid Mahoney

In the elevator Brigid considers in silence the words of Garrus. He has a point that Multiverse Rangers feels more a name for this particular boarding party. Perhaps she would herself just throw it out any chance she gets, see if it sounds right and sticks. A name for a group is very important, as it ties them together with an identity after they have come together for a common cause. It is likely they have dropped the topic as unnecessary, maybe even annoying. Brigid decides not to press the topic on the elevator ride.

She holds her weapon upright by the barrel to avoid space issues. Behind the helmet, Brigid smiles seeing Garrus get behind her for cover when the door opens.

The robot they encounter is entirely non-threatening. The temperament of a Mr. Handy in the shell of a Gen 1 Synth. Though it seems to move with the stiff gait of a Protectron.

While the robot and the others speak, Brigid stands in the back and listens. So there is only one flesh and blood crew member left, and they have been stuck here for most of a year. The droid had not said how long ago he had been the last man standing, but Brigid presumes it has been long enough to be lonely.

Maybe they would like a friendly face. The others seem too much like soldiers to be very friendly. Except Ami. Ami might set him at ease if she would get over whatever had taken the wind out of her sails earlier.

"I can lead negotiations if nobody minds. I was a lawyer before everything else happened to get me here." Brigid offers. She would make a fair estimate of winning just as many arguments and deals as battles in her time since Vault 111.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Every morning when Vaasha wakes up, she would pull a random card from her tarot deck. It's something she tries to do daily, something she learned from her mentor in magic. The card she draws helps her to figure out what she may need to do that day, or what to look out for. In the same sense some people read a horoscope every day.
This morning when she rolled off of the cot in the rented Moghouse, she drew one of the cards from her belt's pouch. The card she held then between her fingers was 'The Arrow', and it was upside down in her hand. So The Arrow, in Umbral Position. It usually means… the adventurer has to find control in their life. To pause, gain stability and move on with life. Become more disciplined, more focused. But it can also be a warning that someone is manipulate circumstances out of the adventurer's favor.
And suddenly she's in a dark room filled with dead bodies, automaton parts and a screeching undead.

The small glowing creature, Carbuncle, leans away from the undead thing as it starts to screech in that awful high tone. Vaasha hugs her
udqc23u.jpeg
staff to her chest and closes her eyes, her ears flattening to her head as she whimpers with that sound. And then it's head pops. Carbuncle bounds to one side to avoid any of the splatter, Vaasha is not so lucky. Some of the chunks hit her robes, and she feels some of the liquid along the fur on her face. Immediately one of her hands comes up to brush away as much as she can from her features, letting out a loud whimper. Taking a few slow breaths she does her best to get herself calmed. Her eyes open a little, seeing the thing was no longer moving. Carbuncle prances back to Vaasha, staring up at her with concern.

Forcing a smile for him, she nods. "I'm okay." Looking up now to try and once more get her bearings, and that is when she sees the writing on the wall. Literally. She squints a little and moves towards the wall and holds her lit staff to see the wording better. And she is a little horrified. Her name…and some numbers. What does this mean? Her head tilts to one side as she studies them. What do they mean? 100… 500… 600… in her mind she looks for numeric patterns, but it's pretty obvious. 100 and 500 equal 600. But what do the numbers mean?

She jumps with the new sounds now, moans and some sort of melody. Taking a few quick steps from the wall she looks into the darkness and her staff stops glowing abruptly. Her eyes take a moment to focus now. She is a Mithra… and she can see as well in the dark as she can in the light. And her staff was just throwing off her focus. Carbuncle is now the source of light near her, and it turns suddenly to look back at the wall. She follows Carbuncle's gaze to the wall, and the message has changed. 'Find The Power'? She doesn't have time to think it over before she starts to feel something trembling under her. She looks down, and lets out a scream as the deck starts to come apart and hands start reaching upwards. Now she scrambles back and uses her staff for balance. Her ears flick as she hears more of them, and there are things in the dark. Vaasha bolts, running towards one of the larger structures she can make out. She draws her staff across her chest and flicks it outwards, the crystal embedded in the staff once more giving off light. Without words Carbuncle knows what it is Vaasha wants.. the ruby on its forehead begins to glow and it leaps up. The small animal leaps up and spins in a forward circle and a flash of light forms around its body and beams to Vaasha. Running, the Mithra is encompassed in a shimmering blue energy (looking like panels around her) and then a shimmering green energy (looking like hexagons around her). Carbuncle lands and then darts towards the undead now almost fully from the floor. It leaps up, throwing itself at them with a flurry of claws and fangs.
Carbuncle won't last long against them, but it isn't meant to.

Vaasha skids to a stop near one of the tanks. She needs a little elevation, but first her next line of defense. Drawing in a slow breath she
VB4OdXi.jpeg
spins around and holds her staff in front of her with both hands, the crystal tip at eye level. White and red electrical energy starts to form around her as she closes her eyes, and she takes a deep breath. She then shouts out "Three suns align, pour forth their light! Fill the Demon's claws with might!" Vaasha thrusts her hands forward with her staff and another summoning array forms on the floor in front of her. Heat rises from the array, it glowing a bright red and orange. Vaasha now turns and heads for the row of tanks.

Flames spew forth from the array, and a hellish roar is heard as a being rises from the array. Flames breath from it's massive jaws, it's claws flexing in anticipation as the array dissipates. It is about 7 feet tall, from talons to jagged horns. The being gives off a red glow and an immense heat. Standing within 3 feet of it, one would feel heat much the same as reaching into an oven with a bare hand. The being roars as it sees the undead coming its way. With soft grunts Vaasha climbs to the top of the tank and calls out as she gets her balance. "Sayid Ifrit! aqtul hadhih al'ashya'a! Ruuwsahum daeifatun!" The being looks over its shoulder towards her and speaks, its lips not moving
"sayidati faeashan , hal tatamanaa 'an 'aqtulahum? laqad talabt miniy 'ala 'afeal dhalik ya Mithra." She lets out an aggravated hiss and holds up a single finger to him. "Faqat hadhih almarata! Alraja' 'iitqan Ifrit! saeidni!" A low snarl escapes the monster's lips and looks back to the oncoming undead. It floats above the deck about a foot from the ground, and it begins to move forth. It's chest expands as it rears back, and then it lets out a column of red and orange fire from its jaws, turning its head to engulf the whole of the group in the hellish attack. It seems to be… excited by this task. By being allowed to end these smaller beings before it. Carbuncle is gone by now, having been destroyed by the undead. His goal was only to give Vaasha enough time to summon the Celestial God of Flames, Ifrit.

d9fy3zp.png

• Thank You
Minerva Fhirdiad

Minerva chuckled at the Turian. He understands how these things turn out. "You're on Vakarian. Don't worry I'm a generous winner and will buy all of you drinks when we get out of this mess."

The Mandalorian mercenary for a little bit remained silent as more of the team aired their various opinions on what they needed to do. Sighing in resignation and shaking her helm the former foundling said.

"Let's go spring this trap already."

Making sure her weapon was at the ready but lowered intending to follow the droid as soon as the annoying bot finally moves again. If this by a miracle actually turns out peaceful she will buy everyone their next meal as well.

Last edited:

The droid has stopped and turned around, standing waiting as they all discuss their options and thoughts. Thea has done the same.

"Affirmative." Thea says to Brigid when she volunteers to take charge of the coming negotiations. Thea has subroutines that might suffice for the task, but her psychological analysis subroutine determines a real human negotiator might be more effective for one that has experienced long term isolation from other biological beings.

"I am glad you have all agreed. Please, follow me." B9 says to the group and leads them all down the hall. They pass five large closed doors along the way and each look to be thick metal not easily breached by brute strength or regular munitions.

The sixth doors they reach slide open when B9 and the others approach. The room is in pristine condition, and the windows give a view of the other wing and main dome of the Glory. Discerning eyes will see the hole in that section, while large, was covered from the inside by a patchwork of metal.

Although most if not all eyes would be on the two larger grey droids that flank a green-skinned and red-eyed being seated at the table. He sits straight in the chair, hands together and regarding all of them silently.
4091F78F-CEC0-4632-ABF7-17D9EE65A167.png
2BCE52EF-5D6B-4615-85DF-BFFFB8EBE1A8.png

"May I present, Bekkon Unrau." B9 says to the group gesturing stiffly at the seated being. The droid shuffles to the small alcove along one wall where there is a pitcher of some kind of drink and a stack of cups.
"If you require refreshments, I will gladly serve. We have janta juice. Tart and fresh from cold storage, or purified water." explains the droid.

"So far, so good." says Unrau first with a tired manner to his speech. He pronounces his vowels louder and longer than the consonants.

"You are thus far more reasonable than the others who have answered the distress call." Bekkon makes a popping sound with his lipless mouth. "The first immediately tried to steal the droids when they landed. Fled when we turned them on. First of many ships we had no data on." He makes a long sigh. "I assume you are aware of being in another universe entirely? The variety of your equipment tells me so. Unfamiliar. Except of course, you two." His eyes glide over Minerva and Otto.

"Mandalorians. We, the Trade Federation, have had good dealings with your people since our founding. Even when your planet turned pacifist. Unless I am mistaken, and you took those armors from the dead." Bekkon let's that suggestion hang in the air and the minds of those addressed.

• Nice Execution!
Ami'Lana Nar Marin

The quarian sighed forlornly as Garrus decided to tag along. So much for putting it out of her mind, but they had a job to do, and her reward was expected to be a few new toys to tinker with if they played their cards right,

The murmurs of a bet brought a scowl to her face. She'd thought Garrus above such a thing, being a war hero and all, but, embarrassingly, she'd also imagined him to immediately burst into a wonderful conversation with her about Tali'Zorah and what she was like.

That was two things she'd judged wrong about him, and it made her sulk all the more.

Brigid deciding to lead the negotiations was a bit of a surprise, personally, she'd largely been expecting Thea to keep the lead, but it had been agreed without question. The dynamic made Ami smile softly at the immediate faith between companions, yet the smile disappeared as soon as they entered the room and this 'Bekkon Unrau' began speaking.

She eyed the man and his unfamiliar species. Definitely frog-like, with a strange accent, not that she was one to judge considering the quarians themselves spoke with an odd lilt. His clothes didn't seem like any form of a pilot, or engineer's getup she'd ever seen. If anything it looked like something formal that a councilor might wear.

His words made Ami's luminescent eyes narrow. Who did this little frog think he was? It was out of order to say such things to your saviors, particularly after such a bittersweet greeting. She wasn't exactly close to either of the Mandalorians, but they hadn't given her a reason to spite them, and that made them friendly with her in her books.

"Listen here you little stranded lamb. If you don't want our help you're going about it the right way." she sparked, giving the creature an aggressive point, before theatrically turning back to the door.

"We can leave just as easily as we came~" Ami began, lifting her arms up to rest them on the back of her head, swinging her hips as she exaggeratedly and slowly strode towards the entryway.

"See how long it takes for the next ship with a fully-qualified engineer to appear." she cooed back to them goadingly, audibly smug at the inevitable apology that was soon to grace her ears. In all honesty she put his wary aggressiveness down to having spent so long drifting in space, but it gave her immense satisfaction to put him in his place.

• Haha

The droid has stopped and turned around, standing waiting as they all discuss their options and thoughts. Thea has done the same.

"Affirmative." Thea says to Brigid when she volunteers to take charge of the coming negotiations. Thea has subroutines that might suffice for the task, but her psychological analysis subroutine determines a real human negotiator might be more effective for one that has experienced long term isolation from other biological beings.

"I am glad you have all agreed. Please, follow me." B9 says to the group and leads them all down the hall. They pass five large closed doors along the way and each look to be thick metal not easily breached by brute strength or regular munitions.

The sixth doors they reach slide open when B9 and the others approach. The room is in pristine condition, and the windows give a view of the other wing and main dome of the Glory. Discerning eyes will see the hole in that section, while large, was covered from the inside by a patchwork of metal.

Although most if not all eyes would be on the two larger grey droids that flank a green-skinned and red-eyed being seated at the table. He sits straight in the chair, hands together and regarding all of them silently.
View attachment 223291
View attachment 223292

"May I present, Bekkon Unrau." B9 says to the group gesturing stiffly at the seated being. The droid shuffles to the small alcove along one wall where there is a pitcher of some kind of drink and a stack of cups.
"If you require refreshments, I will gladly serve. We have janta juice. Tart and fresh from cold storage, or purified water." explains the droid.

"So far, so good." says Unrau first with a tired manner to his speech. He pronounces his vowels louder and longer than the consonants.

"You are thus far more reasonable than the others who have answered the distress call." Bekkon makes a popping sound with his lipless mouth. "The first immediately tried to steal the droids when they landed. Fled when we turned them on. First of many ships we had no data on." He makes a long sigh. "I assume you are aware of being in another universe entirely? The variety of your equipment tells me so. Unfamiliar. Except of course, you two." His eyes glide over Minerva and Otto.

"Mandalorians. We, the Trade Federation, have had good dealings with your people since our founding. Even when your planet turned pacifist. Unless I am mistaken, and you took those armors from the dead." Bekkon let's that suggestion hang in the air and the minds of those addressed.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

The quarian sighed forlornly as Garrus decided to tag along. So much for putting it out of her mind, but they had a job to do, and her reward was expected to be a few new toys to tinker with if they played their cards right,

The murmurs of a bet brought a scowl to her face. She'd thought Garrus above such a thing, being a war hero and all, but, embarrassingly, she'd also imagined him to immediately burst into a wonderful conversation with her about Tali'Zorah and what she was like.

That was two things she'd judged wrong about him, and it made her sulk all the more.

Brigid deciding to lead the negotiations was a bit of a surprise, personally, she'd largely been expecting Thea to keep the lead, but it had been agreed without question. The dynamic made Ami smile softly at the immediate faith between companions, yet the smile disappeared as soon as they entered the room and this 'Bekkon Unrau' began speaking.

She eyed the man and his unfamiliar species. Definitely frog-like, with a strange accent, not that she was one to judge considering the quarians themselves spoke with an odd lilt. His clothes didn't seem like any form of a pilot, or engineer's getup she'd ever seen. If anything it looked like something formal that a councilor might wear.

His words made Ami's luminescent eyes narrow. Who did this little frog think he was? It was out of order to say such things to your saviors, particularly after such a bittersweet greeting. She wasn't exactly close to either of the Mandalorians, but they hadn't given her a reason to spite them, and that made them friendly with her in her books.

"Listen here you little stranded lamb. If you don't want our help you're going about it the right way." she sparked, giving the creature an aggressive point, before theatrically turning back to the door.

"We can leave just as easily as we came~" Ami began, lifting her arms up to rest them on the back of her head, swinging her hips as she exaggeratedly and slowly strode towards the entryway.

"See how long it takes for the next ship with a fully-qualified engineer to appear." she cooed back to them goadingly, audibly smug at the inevitable apology that was soon to grace her ears. In all honesty she put his wary aggressiveness down to having spent so long drifting in space, but it gave her immense satisfaction to put him in his place.
Otto Kadovah
In a conference room

The young Mandalorian followed Thea, listening to Brigid's offer to act as their negotiator and nodding his head at the notion. As one could tell that Otto wasn't exactly the talking type, or if he was then they'd have all sorts of issues regarding his blunt nature.

Situating himself next to Ami in the event of a fight, he could easily shield the unarmored engineer, not knowing of her own shield that was invisible, but the universe appreciated the effort. The person they were to meet was a species familiar to Otto in passing, he had never done business with them personally, his brothers and sisters that were more socially apt did the talking. The Neimoidian or "Bekkon" as the Droid introduced him as, spoke to them, detailing previous visitors and how their attempt on stealing the robots went badly. He almost deadpan tired tone of 'excitement' of himself being saved.

But then came the insinuation of both Minerva and Otto's armor being less than honorably gained. Causing the young Mandalorian to try and speak up before Ami did so. Her words causing him to tilt his head, both because of the words used. The Neimoidian was not a lamb, stranded but not of a different species. And while it would simple to get back to their ship, it wasn't going to be easy, as they'd have to walk back and go down the elevator, get back on their ship and then instruct the crew to pull away and so on. Lots of actions to take but nothing easy.

But it was also the act itself, rarely had Otto seen much kindness since the Empire fell, the Kadovah clan had seen better days and was scraping by on meager bounties and hard labor. The city they resided in was barely tolerant of their presence, the populace giving glances as if they were lepers. So needless to say, the Quarian had earned some points in terms of favoring.

"As she said. We are Mandalorian. I am a Foundling, and I have earned rite of armor. She is Mandalorian by Founding also, she has also earned rite of armor. To insinuate is to insult Mandalore." He said, gesturing to Minerva when his words mentioned her. He did slightly trail the Quarian but only so it would take just about three seconds maybe four if he didn't used the jetpack's thrusters to cover her in case blasters came out. His eyes underneath the helmet scouring the room for any details that'd allude to such hidden weapons.

@Noble Scion @Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @Nomad-22 @Jenhal @Wiggin

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Minerva Fhirdiad
In the conference room

The other Mandalorian had to suppress a groan just as the Neimoidian introduced himself. Trade Federation…it had to be Trade Federation. That organization was no more by her time and from what she learned from galactic history, not many people grieved for that megacorporation's downfall.

At least the Hutt Cartels didn't pretend to be an honest business.

When Bekkon Unrau insinuated that Otto and her had stolen the armor each of them had her t-visor centered directly at him. The helmet hid her furious expression while her hands gripping the blaster tightened in reaction. Suddenly Ami exploded in a rant, causing Minerva to turn to her direction briefly.

Minerva appreciated the Quarian's show of support but even though she was perfectly able to handle this. Soon Otto, declared that he and she were true Mandalorians. Subsequently Minevera observed the two super battle droids flanking each side of Bekkon Unrau.

Trade Federation types were known to be greedy cowards. This slimeball must have an advantage he is keeping hidden right now for him to be so arrogant to us. Begs the question: what does this Neimoidian really want anyway?

Keeping those thoughts to herself she brought one hand and pressed the button on the opposite gauntlet. Instantly an orange hologram appeared from the gauntlet, displaying a chain code for Bekkon to see.

If he really knew her adopted people then the Neimoidian would at least recognize the Mandalorian style script, stating her ownership of the armor and her adopted father's clan Ordo. It was a recognition sign to prove herself as a true daughter of Mandalore and not some bounty hunting thug pretending with the armor.

Once sure he saw the script Minerva switched it off and turned to Brigid and Thea, nodding for one or the other to start negotiating already. The mercenary will not waste words with their host but if he insists on provoking them she will be more than willing to 'demonstrate' who she is through violent action…

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Brigid Mahoney

Nobody opposes Brigid taking charge of negotiations. Good. On the short walk to the conference room where Bekkon Unrau is waiting she prepares mentally for the task ahead of her. The droid had implied acquisition of this ship was on the table, which was a large bargaining chip for the man that would need to be confirmed with him first along with what exactly he wants. Having an army of robots at their disposal alone would be valuable against the enemy they faced. It was not much, but it was something. The ship itself could be valuable housing, munitions, and technology.

All the right cards had to be played in this meeting if it was not a trap of some kind.

Bekkon Unrau, when they meet him, is not what Brigid had expected. Was he some manner of evolved frog? She expects him to croak as he is introduced and speaks. He is apparently from the same universe as Otto and Minerva, and knows of their people, but his suggestion sparks some bad reactions.

Ami is the most animated despite his comment in no way being directed at her. Otto and Minerva were more subdued, even if she could detect the indignant anger of Otto in his response.

Better defuse this.

The fifty caliber machine gun is set down on the floor. The back of the Power Armor opens and Brigid steps backwards out of it. She has dressed down to olive green fatigues and a Stars and Stripes bandanna covers her hair.

"Let's all calm down. I'm sure Mr. Unrau didn't mean to offend anybody, right?" asks Brigid looking between the boarding party and Unrau.

"I'm General….um sorry, force of habit…I'm Brigid Mahoney, Multiverse Rangers. Negotiator." Brigid introduces herself with a salute and gives the others a look she hopes conveys they should not contradict her on the name. She walks away from the Power Armor to sit at the opposite end of the table from Unrau. Her hands are kept above the table and fingers intertwined.

"Cards on the table. You have been stranded here, in another universe, with no way home. And alone for longer than anyone should be alone." Brigid lays out her estimation of Unrau's situation first, careful to sound neutral, not a hint of insult in her tone or face.

"We have three intelligent people who can get you home. Might take some time, but they can do it. Now, you also have something we need: a ship to house the rest of our people. I see two very good deals for you out of this situation." Brigid raises her left hand and puts up her thumb.

"Either, you hand over control of this ship to us and we send you home. Or, you hand over control and join us if you like. Maybe you could like our company." Says Brigid putting up jer pointer finger and shrugging.

"I'm assuming of course you are not interested in keeping control of this ship unless you have to. I could see how, on top of the social isolation, the burden of having sole control of a war machine carrying a lot of other war machines can be crippling."

• Nice Execution!
Thomas "Trigger" Holden

The group of travelers were eventually gathered into a small conference room where they were met with a strange-looking man with two robots at his sides. Trigger listened intently as the creature began to spoke to them. The way in which the man was dressed seemed something more akin to a fantastical realm, yet this man seemed all the more familiar with the more technological side of things. An alarm bell then rose up in Trigger's brain as the man continued to talk. This man was a politician! In Trigger's experience, politicians were generally not to be trusted, or one would need to be careful with their words around them because, for the most part, they had a scheme to take down anyone who stood in their way.

Well, that's fuckin' great.

More alarm bells began to ring when the quarian in their group began to speak. This was not the time to let emotions flare up, especially if everyone in the group did not want to be filled with holes! Trigger cursed under his breath, wanting to butt in and try and stop a firefight from occurring between the two parties. He didn't get much of a chance, however, as the two Mandalorians seemed to have taken the initiative.

Otto was calm in the way he described the situation, meanwhile, Minerva brought up a hologram that apparently meant something, but Trigger didn't bother to try and decipher what it meant. The whole thing only made the situation feel tenser for Trigger, but he kept his hands off his weapons for fear of seeming like a threat.

Brigid then spoke up, stepping out of her power armor. At least that would help them seem less intimidating as a group.

Yes, defuse the situation

The defusion of the situation seemed to be good, and Brigid was making progress with asking for what the politician wanted. There was only one issue though, she assumed he would not want to keep the droids. From Trigger's experience, any politician worth their salt would have a personal guard, and in this case, this politician would have a personal army. There was no way he was going to give that up. Trigger restrained himself from speaking for most of the encounter, not wanting to create a worse situation.

"I can lead negotiations if nobody minds. I was a lawyer before everything else happened to get me here."

"You might wanna get out of your suit before you meet them then." What with the dolphin heads for shoulder pads, and dolphin helmet.

"I'm assuming of course you are not interested in keeping control of this ship unless you have to. I could see how, on top of the social isolation, the burden of having sole control of a war machine carrying a lot of other war machines can be crippling."

"Also can't imagine you have many supplies left on this ship. That and you seem to be conserving as much power aboard the ship as you can, what with the blackouts in different sections of the ship and damage done by whatever occurred here before we arrived." Garrus added

While the others have been conversing, or in the case of Ami admonishing, their host; Thea has not taken her eyes off the two droids that flank him. They do not move even when Ami makes a somewhat aggressive motion at Unrau. The humanoid himself blinks rapidly and rises slightly from his chair. Only then do the droids move, and it is only one step forward each that is heard as if to be one single metal thud on the floor. Unrau sits down again, listens to Otto explain himself and Minerva, looks over the hologram Minerva projects before him, nodding his understanding. He also nods at Brigid assuring them he meant no offense, but waits until Garrus finishes talking.

"I apologize for my unintended offense to you all." Unrau says first with a bow to Otto and Minerva.

"I had to be sure. I know from experience you Mandalorians do not sell your armor, and the only non-Mandalorians who wear the armor are mercenaries or bounty hunters. They are far less trustworthy. You two, I know, will honor a fair deal made here in your presence." Unrau explains to the group. His head turns slightly to left and right as if to check on the droids on either side of him. His hands tense in their grip on each other.

"Negotiator Mahoney, you are correct. I do not want this ship. I joined the Trade Federation to be part of intergalactic commerce. Climb the corporate ladder to make myself a comfortable life, nothing more." He huffs his cheeks and shakes his head.

"I had the rotten luck to be promoted when Viceroy Gunray decided we should do more than commerce. Put our entire fleet and resources into a war against the Galactic Republic. Protecting our assets, enforcing a trade embargo, I could understand, but open war? Foolish. Yet I had signed a contract and had no recourse now that being a Nemoidian itself was reason for suspicion, for detainment." He talks and shakes more as he does until he realizes it's happening and calms down.

"I apologize again. Isolation has not been good to me. If you truly have a way to get me home, I will gladly transfer control to your leaders. I'm an accountant, not a scientist, I never had hope to find my own way home no matter how much this ship holds. Take it, take me home and drop me on Nal Hutta for all I care. Maybe the Hutts could use an accountant." At this Unrau utters a 'hwah' and his eyes narrow.

"I doubt you all would have use for an accountant. I know these droids don't. They don't need me. Anymore." He makes the 'hwah' sound repeatedly and rapidly. His head bows and shoulders shake.

"You are experiencing distress." Thea says to Unrau without looking away from the droids.

Unrau goes silent and raises his head, looking at all of them with a frown.

"Of course I am distressed." He takes a long deep breath, holds it in, and exhales slowly.

"Because…." He looks beside himself at the droids then back at the group with wide watery eyes.

"THIS IS A TRAP!" He bellows and before he could leap out of the way, or be saved in any way, one of the droids shoots him through the torso, while the other opens fire on the group, aiming for the unarmed and unarmored Brigid first.

Thea raises her pod weapon at the droids and showers them with bullets, but the rounds don't penetrate their thick armor plating and she ducks under the table as the one that killed Unrau turns its blaster on her. It does not track her, only changes aim to shoot at Garrus, Trigger, Otto and Minerva, and Ami in one rapid stream of red blaster fire.

The doors to the conference room slide shut.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Otto Kadovah
Acting as a shield

The young Mandalorian watched as the Neimoidian apologized, going quiet as Unrau spoke to Brigid and the others as he explained his background, some words passing through Otto's mind with knowing but unfortunately, he did not know a good portion of the names such as Trade Federation or even what it entailed.

However, he did feel some sympathy for the Neimoidian as he said he was just a simple accountant, no doubt the situation being horrible to have experienced given his little to no combat skills. Though Otto got a feeling something was wrong when the accountant kept making a sound, choking almost. Otto's hand slowly going for the grip of the Q-35 matter modulator, the Mandalorian slowly stepping towards Ami, Otto amping himself up as he got ready for a fight. Adrenaline beginning to pump through his system as he got ready.

So, when Unrau suddenly stood up and the Droids turned to shoot him, Otto shoved Ami through the open door before using the jetpack's thrusters to propel the Mandalorian towards Brigid to shield her from the oncoming blaster fire. Basically, tackling her just in the nick of time when the Droids shot in her direction as he used his body to cover her as much as he could without leaving the jetpack exposed. The Beskar taking a couple, which in turn caused him to hiss in pain, but keeping Otto safe apart from some bruises that'd no doubt form. Instinct and training embedded in him from his upbringing, Otto fought through the pain and raised the plasma rifle towards the robot on the right, firing the weapon and unleashing several blasts of green plasma into the machinal frame, the hot green goo burned into the chassis and melted into the droid causing it to fall into pieces. The legs remaining upright as the top half kept trying to fire or prop itself up so it could continue shooting at the group.

@Amber Franklin @Jenhal @Wade Von Doom @Noble Scion @Wiggin

• Nice Execution!