The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Chapter 1, Mission 3 -- Paragon Blues

Markha does not see but is aware of the others' intentions before they speak. Kaz is supportive of her specifically, while others have misconstrued her intentions. She had only meant to cease hostilities with a swift but measured show of force. The one that makes her mind buzz, Reegan, chiefly.

Morgan Yu follows suit, in a louder manner. Markha stands her ground, unfaltering before the armored ones and the cold.

The two groups react to this sudden change of fortunes in the same manner except the one is not grateful. If the words of the woman with the staff are any indication, they are unwelcome. Just as well.

The armored ones are local men of the law apparently, though the people they had attacked of course disagreed with the reason. Rightfully so, if they were being accused of murdering a King. Now if only they could maybe reach some understanding-

An arrow flies out from Reegan. Ashwin, Ami, Kobe, and Jotaro press their advantage.

Yet again the Force is not with her in a moment it seems most vital. At least Jotaro gives an option for the soldiers to stand down.

“Sleep!” Markha raises her voice and puts the Force into her words, to try and force the armored men into a sudden deep sleep to end the violence. The men were bound by duty to continue, and Kobe was on top of one in that moment and that was the least likely fight to stop right then.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

Ami groaned as the group's choice seemed to be made by the few. She didn't want to get involved with the affairs of the others, but she did have a commitment to their little party, and as a number of their team rushed forward, she sidled to a nearby tree and quietly took aim, just in case their enemies had some sort of magic of their own as the others seemed to have already made their stance on the whole situation clear.

"... I'm beginning to see how primitive other species are." she grumbled back at the charging Reegan, who seemed intent on making the other group's business their business, and by extension, Ami's. So much for quietly passing on by. @littlekreen

Her words were apparently heard by one Morgan, seemingly having some sense in Ami's eyes until they fired their weapon into the air. "We're not here to call attention to ourselves!" she called in exasperation. @Epiphany.

"Neither party holds evidence, and my patience is wearing thin with all this tension. Both groups will back off now or I swear on Keelah both of your parties will die. We're all clearly armed and in my eyes you're all threats and intent on fighting, which is enough to warrant all your lives." she yelled into the fray, and while she meant her words, she was still wistfully dreaming she wouldn't have to act on them if possible.

Yet it seemed the others had once again chosen a side. Slamming her fist into the tree in frustration, Ami took a hand off the grip of her rifle and clicked open her omni-tool, firing a homing white bolt at one of the aggressors, one of the armour-clad knights , flash freezing them where they stood on impact. Not quite lethal, but she was still holding onto a sliver of hope that they could be persuaded to back down.

All her training had most certainly not prepared her for something like this, that was for sure.

@Wade Von Doom

All this talking was starting to annoy some of the remaining bounty hunters. Reegan, Kilgren and Ashwin were already pushing it, but Ami speaking finally made them go, 'fuck it.' Midway through Ami saying, 'We're all clearly armed and in my eyes you're all threats and intent on fighting,' the mage of the group slammed her staff down on the ground, with ice stalactites shooting up under where the Quarian was standing. The others quickly began to fight again.

Kobe turned towards the blue lady and shouted towards. "Stop fighting by killing everybody in it, no matter the sides? That's really dumb. I'm just gonna help out those interesting dudes." Noble Scion

The catman charged towards the soldier closer to the mage and jumped to tackle the latter in the guts as hard as he could. He knew he couldn't tear those shells with his claws, but he could still pummeL;
Wade Von Doom

The one closest wielded two swords, and as Kobe tackled him, his sword would narrowly miss his head. Cutting just close enough that the small hairs on his ears would be shaved off. Once on the ground, the swordsman again tried attacking, this time by driving his sword up into Kobe's throat while he was on top.

Markha does not see but is aware of the others' intentions before they speak. Kaz is supportive of her specifically, while others have misconstrued her intentions. She had only meant to cease hostilities with a swift but measured show of force. The one that makes her mind buzz, Reegan, chiefly.

Morgan Yu follows suit, in a louder manner. Markha stands her ground, unfaltering before the armored ones and the cold.

The two groups react to this sudden change of fortunes in the same manner except the one is not grateful. If the words of the woman with the staff are any indication, they are unwelcome. Just as well.

The armored ones are local men of the law apparently, though the people they had attacked of course disagreed with the reason. Rightfully so, if they were being accused of murdering a King. Now if only they could maybe reach some understanding-

An arrow flies out from Reegan. Ashwin, Ami, Kobe, and Jotaro press their advantage.

Yet again the Force is not with her in a moment it seems most vital. At least Jotaro gives an option for the soldiers to stand down.

“Sleep!” Markha raises her voice and puts the Force into her words, to try and force the armored men into a sudden deep sleep to end the violence. The men were bound by duty to continue, and Kobe was on top of one in that moment and that was the least likely fight to stop right then.

The three still standing, the mage, bowman and great-sword wielder, would all feel the effects of Markha's shout. Whatever she did, they suddenly stopped attacking and began to stagger in place, like they were trying to stay awake. With the action halted by it, Jotaro's punch by his Stand would smash into the great-sword wielder's chest, sending him flying into the hill a few feet away. He'd smash into the rocks, with the snow falling down the steep hill on top of him.

The rest would still be staggering, and the others in the party were quick to react. The golem jogged over to the mage, and simply backhanded the side of her head with his massive stone arm, while the other mage, the one on their side, sent a bolt of Arcane energy towards the archer. It would bounce off his armor, but stagger him backwards.

---------------------------

Yet, behind all this action, on the stone walkway leading to the front entrance of the city, they'd notice someone was lying on the ground, in clear view of the group now that the attackers were thinning in numbers. His hands were tied, and he certainly didn't look like he belonged in this world on account of the clothing. He was also unconscious. The attackers were holding him hostage it looked like.

The sun hung overhead, scorching down on Daedalus and his golem Icarus. And despite the heat, it couldn’t distract him from his disappointment every time he gazed upon his magnum opus-no despite the effort it wouldn’t be his greatest creation, it could never be if he hoped to bring the same change his brother would have made to this world. So he raised his chin and looked ahead, and for a moment his worries lifted as he thought of the future then it all changed. The world shifted around him and before he could act..he was surrounded by soldiers, knights with crests he had no knowledge of and they made to attack him. The indignity, he would show them their place.

"Icarus, cut them dow-"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Icarus did not know where he appeared, and he lost track of his creator. This made him…angry? He could not tell but he searched for them. The land was strange and so were the knights he encountered. He did not let them stop him, time was passing and he had to find his creator. He spotted his creator tied down, he moved to free them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His head ached but before Daedalus could complain he was lifted to his feet, and Icarus stood behind him staring down the knights as he protected his creator. And just as before they were surrounded, but this time they were too.

"Well done Icarus. It looks as if we might have aid soon, now defend me."

~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Ashwin
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

It looked like the group had these corrupt knights on the ropes. The shots that Ashwin took at the enemy caster seemed to have missed, but at least the great-sword knight looked to be down for the count in a pile of snow, and the enemy mage had been slapped by the stone being. Ashwin could swear they heard bones cracking with that backhand, but they weren’t sure. Whatever had happened, Ashwin mentally noted to not get that creature mad at them. All that was left was the opposing archer, which the friendly mage was attacking. The archer’s armor seemed to have blocked the magical attack and it would probably be good to assist if that were the case.

“I got it!” Ashwin communicated to the Mage, now realizing how little her robes were really covering her. Ashwin used another chain attached to a nearby tree to propel themselves forward on a sheet of ice. They quickly made it to the archer before he could react, tackling him onto the ground. During this, ice came out of Ashwin’s hands to cover the knight, leaving only his head in the brisk air.

Kilgren

Since it seemed like the situation was de-escalating around the mage, Kilgren moved away from her. This kobe fellow was having issues with the duel wielding knight. It was dis-advantagous to be fighting on the ground, especially when the opponent still had a weapon after being tackled.

“You seem to be in fair condition, so I will leave you to it,” Kilgren said to the mage before running over to the two on the ground. She then proceeded to try and thrust kick the blade before it made contact with Kobe’s skin. Kilgren then did a turn, slamming the same foot into the side of the soldier’s face. Hopefully the force would knock him out.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

Ami watched as one of the robed ones of the party suddenly cast some sort of wave of ice spikes in her direction, some sort of magic. She didn't know its range or what exactly it did, but it was very clearly coming her way. Mildly panicked by the idea of her suit being breached, Ami leapt up the tree she'd been taking cover behind and found a place on branch.

With a heavy sigh, Ami took aim at the one that had attacked her, and fired four shots from her rifle back at the mage, aiming for their head and chest. She'd really wish it hadn't come to that, but they weren't going to get anywhere if she kept going for peace.

• Useful
Reactions: littlekreen
Kobe growled as he lost some of his hair to the soldier's blade. Upon seeing him try to strike again, the catman acted quickly. He moved his hand to try to grab his enemy's wrist before his clade could reach the savage warrior. And should he succeed, he would move his other arms to hit the latter's head with his elbow.

The attackers truly underestimated their skills, as like that, Kobe and Kilgren successfully knocked out their foes, Ashwin beheaded one, and Ami's gun was no match for a mages robes. In a matter of moments, the battle was over, and they were victorious. The female in heavy armor sighed in relief, sheathing her sword, while the others with her did the same. "Thank you." She said to them all. "I am in your debt."

"You can be. I prefer preserving my freedom." The female mage of the group commented.

"Don't mind her. She's just cranky because she's cold." The male knight then said, clearly joking.

"I told you, I can withstand this cold better than any human."

"Then what's with the goosebumps on your skin?"

"Just... adrenaline, is all." She turned her head away from him, not interested in talking anymore, but the Knight smiled upon his victory of the conversation. The female knight shook her head.

"Don't mind them. If they don't bicker long, their brains begin to shut down from the lack of annoyance in their bodies."

"Hey!"

She removed her helmet, wanting to address them face to face.

2fc69b16f0567db78f911b4f885550d6.jpg

"I am Naeve Cousland, of the Cousland Noble family. Or, what's left of it." She added.

"I'm Alistair." The male knight said next. "General pain in the butt to some, good companion to few, and funny to no one, as much as I try not to be." He joked.

"Morrigan." The female mage simply said, not wanting to do any more pleasantries until she knew people a bit better. And even then, she probably wasn't gonna say much if they did like each other. The golem, however, had stayed silent for most of the conversation, which was unlike him. It was staring right at Reegan, a fascinated look at her contemporal form, like he knew something about her.

"Shale?" Naeve asked, which finally got his attention.

"Hm? Oh. Yes. More humans I must converse with." The golem commented in an annoyed tone of voice. "As It said, I am called Shale. And please try not to stare for long, if I don't care to look to you, I would enjoy having the same courtesy." It commented, before looking back to Reegan. He could tell she wasn't simply a summoned creature.

She was also of free will like he was. He could sense it in her. A tree with its own mind. Like himself, a rock with its own mind.

"Who might you all be?" Naeve asked, while looking to Daedalus. "And do you need help?" He was tied up and unconscious a few minutes ago.

"Who might you all be?" Naeve asked, while looking to Daedalus. "And do you need help?" He was tied up and unconscious a few minutes ago.

It took little effort on her part. A simple mental command, and a speaking of one final syllable under her breath. The next time she blinked her eyes shifted back to their long lost native color. A bright sky blue. Within a doubt she knew that the few mages they had knew what she just did. It was a rather trivial trick when being cast, but quite undetectable once the spell had ran its course. That being said, the other half of the spell had not finished just yet.

"I guess you could say we are Travelers of sorts. Except instead of walking the paths of a road, we walk the paths of reality, and wherever that may take us." Kaz stated simply. She doubted it helped much but she kept most of her mouth covered by her scarf. At least until she could weave the magic right and dull her fangs sharp appearance. Should be just a few more seconds.

"So, we apologize for not knowing the local customs, nor for jumping to aid as soon as we could. I would... have rather kept the bloodshed to a minimum, but the rest of us don't have my... proclivity to blood." She stated, hoping that they would take it in the way she wanted them to take it. As well... it wasn't a lie at all. She did have a condition that made the sight of blood effect her. She just hoped the knights took that as a nauseating condition. And after all, a mages second job is wordsmithing.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

Holstering her weapon and dropping from the tree, the quarian would make their way forward and begin examining the bodies to ensure that they weren't just pretending, crouching down and pressing her fingers to each of their necks respectively, though she doubted their primitive armour would protect from anything like a shot from her Mattock. Her helmet turned towards the female knight as they began to speak, rising from her spot on the ground.

Ami gave a dejected sigh. Her pleas for peace had been ignored and it had all ended in bloodshed. "Well your 'debt' better pay off the blood that's on our hands now, shouldn't it?" she remarked cheekily back to the woman now naming themselves as 'Naeve Cousland'. "Name's Ami'Lana Nar Marin, but just Ami is fine for you.. Beings." she'd return in courtesy, looking each of the members of the new party up and down as she spoke.

Kaz seemed to share her less violent mindset as they answered for the group. Ami wished the others had agreed, but it was too late to lament the death of the guards and regret wouldn't help them now. Something like this never would've happened in her simulations if she could've helped it.

Kobe turned towards the group they just helped and couldn't help but laugh at the witch woman's comment. "Good point, freedom is something you shouldn't give up so easily. I just fought because I felt like it, so don't mind that masked woman's complaints."

He turned towards Shale, giving the stone creature an interested glance. "I'm no human. My name is Kobe, and I'm a cat warrior. We're from other worlds, just like she said." Then he actually respected the golem's request and looked back towards Morrigan. "You seem like pretty fun people." So far, he liked the dynamics of the native group.

Jotaro

As the fighting died down, everyone taking down the attackers in their own unique way, Jotaro's Stand vanished back into himself as there was no real threat at the moment.

"Kujo Jotaro. Or just Jotaro." He said in a deadpan tone as he stood next to his group, looking at the entrance to whatever they were heading to, half-listening to everyone's introductions to one another, in particular when Ami introduced herself. "Good grief." Was all he could say as that occurred, immediately he wanted to get on with the mission, so to hopefully get the group back on track.

"So this place, do we need to knock or buy passage?" He pointed a thumb at the entrance. He would've asked one of the other merchants gathered i the area, but this was perhaps the only way to avoid a shitty situation of "I'll tell ya, for a price" that most places could hold.

@Wade Von Doom @Asterios @Noble Scion @Epiphany. @Henryboy003 @Wiggin @Pride @YeetLee

Ashwin

Ashwin had not noticed the fact they hand decapitated their combatant when the two groups began to introduce themselves. “So uhm… hi, yeah… we are from different cultures as Kobe mentioned. I’m Ashwin, pleasure to- Ah!” Ashwin had begun to introduce themself and tried to hide the fact that they came from a different dimension from the other group but was soon interrupted by the head rolling at their feet. It was probably best to conceal the separate realities situation due to the fact the group had no idea how this world handled that sort of thing.

These thoughts of keeping things hidden were now gone, instead, replaced by the fact they had accidentally killed a man and took his head off. “Oh by Caedes!" Ashwin put their hands to their head "Ididn'twanttokillhim! Ididn’twanttokillhim! I just wanted to put him in a little ice prison!” Ashwin blurted aloud, taking a few steps back and slipping on the snow. They slammed their back onto the ground and continued to silently panic.

Kilgren

Kilgren didn’t take notice of Ashwin's nervousness when the two groups began to talk. This warrior that had been with them was part of a royal family, and life had taken a strange turn of events for her. Kilgren then took notice of the rock construct, intensely looking at reegan. Perhaps there was some sort of magical connection? Maybe a type of energy bridging the gap between their worlds? Kilgren could only theorise, and for now that wasn’t the main concern. “We- er… I am Kilgren Yir. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. As you can guess, we do not know of much of the culture in this area and are… unique in our ideas and appearance…” Kilgren said, taking a slight glance at Ami. “Anyway, We would gladly take some advice as to how this place works,” Kilgren finished. As regal as she wanted to sound, the vessel Kilgren was using made her appear slightly shyer than intended.

Now that the fighting is over Reegan spares barely a glance to the fallen. If the man she'd shot got up at all he wouldn't have enough allies for her to care about them anymore. Though she couldn't tell if they were dead or not when the aether around her was just so very squirmy. Even if her Blessed didn't have a word to describe what Slate was all she knew they were huge as the spriggan felt the tether of some cousin to nature. Her nature perturbed by its empowerment as a transition of souls bridged the gap between herself and magic just as much. Her roots driving deep into the world's substrate though it was likely why she couldn't channel anything to sprout from her hair but the strange thorned vines.

As the cycle servant returned Slate's stare she instead sprouted a gleeful glowing smile with raise of both hands as her translucent bow evaporated. A long rolling rumble of a sound grew up from her bramble that lost much of its meaning in the tongue of men as it was elegant perhaps more to dragon or nature-bound ears.

After Slate introduced himself Reegan's glowing smile erupted a word of her understanding of what she saw from staring in return, "Qethsegolaronahs!", and rang a cheerful awareness of one such as Slate through frozen soil and stone.

Far less obstinate about interaction as more of a creaking social thresher moving past the others to gleam curiosity up at Slate with a lilting cheer, "I'm Reegan! You're huge and your you is even huger!" @Wade Von Doom

She points at the crystals about Slate's shoulders as independent protector of the natural order surfaces from a more rigid thought space, "I like the pretties surfaced, well-worn! Are you here against the threat to the cycle? I found helpers too. Jotaro makes my head hurt sometimes but I he's a good predator so I think he's okay for the cycle." @The Wanderer

A look at Naeve she made the noise of huffing though strangely no breath came out of her, "The human nobles fighting again? One of them will kill the others"

An outstretched hand reegan said to Ami a bit downcast, "but if they're staring the fires of war, Ami, I'll beat one side with a bucket of blood if I have to not just stand there while some war-mad nation burns the seeds of life away. I'll try to get better with the wraithstrike not killing people but I can't really practice." @Noble Scion

• Love
Reactions: Noble Scion
Her mind trick had been intended to stop the violence. If they all were to fall asleep then there would be no need to harm them further. Either these people had very strong wills, or Markha was still not ready to use The Force to her previous level.

No. It had to be she was not ready yet.

Markha deactivates her lightsabers when it is clear the fight has been settled, and feels two points of concern. First was Kaz exercising restraint on herself in the presence of all this blood even as she speaks for the group to the other. The other is a man who sits unconcious and appears to have been in the far background this whole time. There is no question who she must attend to first.

“I am Markha, and you are welcome for our intervention.” She tells the other group while walking over to Kaz. She puts a hand on her back and rubs as if to help settle and steady the other woman.

“Are you okay, Kaz?” She asks in a loving worried manner.

Through their special connection, she conveys a question.

Do you need to feed, love?

"I am fine Naeve. They wouldn’t have been a problem had I been prepared but it seems they have been dealt with, for now, all of you have my thanks in that regard."

Daedalus inclined his head to the group, trying to hide the pain he felt. He wasn’t used to taking blows and frankly didn’t expect to take much more with Icarus around. And as he stiffened, raising his chin is when he finally scanned this..group of adventures. They were so unique all of them, and held such strange weapons-and they walked realities? He had to know more, the possibilities were endless. All the while Icarus towered over his creator, prepared to carry out their will.

"Call me Daedalus, and you may know my golem as Icarus."
His hands rested behind his back as he beheld the group with a polite smile and continued.
"I assume we are all a group for now?"

It took little effort on her part. A simple mental command, and a speaking of one final syllable under her breath. The next time she blinked her eyes shifted back to their long lost native color. A bright sky blue. Within a doubt she knew that the few mages they had knew what she just did. It was a rather trivial trick when being cast, but quite undetectable once the spell had ran its course. That being said, the other half of the spell had not finished just yet.

"I guess you could say we are Travelers of sorts. Except instead of walking the paths of a road, we walk the paths of reality, and wherever that may take us." Kaz stated simply. She doubted it helped much but she kept most of her mouth covered by her scarf. At least until she could weave the magic right and dull her fangs sharp appearance. Should be just a few more seconds.

"So, we apologize for not knowing the local customs, nor for jumping to aid as soon as we could. I would... have rather kept the bloodshed to a minimum, but the rest of us don't have my... proclivity to blood." She stated, hoping that they would take it in the way she wanted them to take it. As well... it wasn't a lie at all. She did have a condition that made the sight of blood effect her. She just hoped the knights took that as a nauseating condition. And after all, a mages second job is wordsmithing.

"You speak like it's insulting not to jump into a situation you know nothing about, between two groups who could easily both be lying about their intentions." Morrigan pointed out. Then asked straight up, "Blood mage?" Since her wording of 'proclivity to blood' was pretty much making Kaz suspicious.

"Wait, are you all traveling with a blood mage?" Alistair suddenly asked. If they were, then it only made this group even weirder, because there was no way the others were blood mages. They had tech, or magic, or whatever it was he had never seen before.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

Holstering her weapon and dropping from the tree, the quarian would make their way forward and begin examining the bodies to ensure that they weren't just pretending, crouching down and pressing her fingers to each of their necks respectively, though she doubted their primitive armour would protect from anything like a shot from her Mattock. Her helmet turned towards the female knight as they began to speak, rising from her spot on the ground.

Ami gave a dejected sigh. Her pleas for peace had been ignored and it had all ended in bloodshed. "Well your 'debt' better pay off the blood that's on our hands now, shouldn't it?" she remarked cheekily back to the woman now naming themselves as 'Naeve Cousland'. "Name's Ami'Lana Nar Marin, but just Ami is fine for you.. Beings." she'd return in courtesy, looking each of the members of the new party up and down as she spoke.

Kaz seemed to share her less violent mindset as they answered for the group. Ami wished the others had agreed, but it was too late to lament the death of the guards and regret wouldn't help them now. Something like this never would've happened in her simulations if she could've helped it.

Fuck's her problem?

Naeve didn't recognize whatever species Ami was. Nor whatever she held. It was like a small little... she didn't even know what to compare it to, it had a barrel, fired loud noises, and somehow light shot out from it that killed the attackers. It wasn't a staff, wasn't a tome, wasn't even a crossbow. Just a strange device that grew in size when she pulled it out, then shortened when she holstered it. "Right... A pleasure," Naeve held out her hand to shake Ami's, wanting to see how hostile the strange being would be to them.

Kobe turned towards the group they just helped and couldn't help but laugh at the witch woman's comment. "Good point, freedom is something you shouldn't give up so easily. I just fought because I felt like it, so don't mind that masked woman's complaints."

He turned towards Shale, giving the stone creature an interested glance. "I'm no human. My name is Kobe, and I'm a cat warrior. We're from other worlds, just like she said." Then he actually respected the golem's request and looked back towards Morrigan. "You seem like pretty fun people." So far, he liked the dynamics of the native group.
Jotaro

As the fighting died down, everyone taking down the attackers in their own unique way, Jotaro's Stand vanished back into himself as there was no real threat at the moment.

"Kujo Jotaro. Or just Jotaro." He said in a deadpan tone as he stood next to his group, looking at the entrance to whatever they were heading to, half-listening to everyone's introductions to one another, in particular when Ami introduced herself. "Good grief." Was all he could say as that occurred, immediately he wanted to get on with the mission, so to hopefully get the group back on track.

"So this place, do we need to knock or buy passage?" He pointed a thumb at the entrance. He would've asked one of the other merchants gathered i the area, but this was perhaps the only way to avoid a shitty situation of "I'll tell ya, for a price" that most places could hold.

@Wade Von Doom @Asterios @Noble Scion @Epiphany. @Henryboy003 @Wiggin @Pride @YeetLee

Ashwin

Ashwin had not noticed the fact they hand decapitated their combatant when the two groups began to introduce themselves. “So uhm… hi, yeah… we are from different cultures as Kobe mentioned. I’m Ashwin, pleasure to- Ah!” Ashwin had begun to introduce themself and tried to hide the fact that they came from a different dimension from the other group but was soon interrupted by the head rolling at their feet. It was probably best to conceal the separate realities situation due to the fact the group had no idea how this world handled that sort of thing.

These thoughts of keeping things hidden were now gone, instead, replaced by the fact they had accidentally killed a man and took his head off. “Oh by Caedes!" Ashwin put their hands to their head "Ididn'twanttokillhim! Ididn’twanttokillhim! I just wanted to put him in a little ice prison!” Ashwin blurted aloud, taking a few steps back and slipping on the snow. They slammed their back onto the ground and continued to silently panic.

Kilgren

Kilgren didn’t take notice of Ashwin's nervousness when the two groups began to talk. This warrior that had been with them was part of a royal family, and life had taken a strange turn of events for her. Kilgren then took notice of the rock construct, intensely looking at reegan. Perhaps there was some sort of magical connection? Maybe a type of energy bridging the gap between their worlds? Kilgren could only theorise, and for now that wasn’t the main concern. “We- er… I am Kilgren Yir. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. As you can guess, we do not know of much of the culture in this area and are… unique in our ideas and appearance…” Kilgren said, taking a slight glance at Ami. “Anyway, We would gladly take some advice as to how this place works,” Kilgren finished. As regal as she wanted to sound, the vessel Kilgren was using made her appear slightly shyer than intended.

"Wait, sorry... Cat warrior?"
Alistair couldn't help but ignore the second part, even if that was the more important bit of what Kobe said. "You're an actual cat-person? Ha!" He laughed. "I just thought the ears were decorative, they're real?!" He was about to reach his hand out to touch them, but quickly stopped to ask, "Oh, uh, mind if I...?" He genuniely wanted to feel them, because I mean... a cat-person, it's like finding a were-crab, how could you not just admire how weird that is, and also not touch it to see what it felt like?

Morrigan just shook her head and sighed, going back to the other point Kobe brought up. "Other worlds, you say?... Well, just by looking at you all, it's not so far fetched. Though, how did you all get here?" There had always been rumors and myths about ways of traveling between worlds, but they were of lost and forbidden magic. And since they didn't appear to be demons, there must be some truth to what they were saying.

"We aren't sure." Naeve answered Jo and Kilgren next. "None of us have ever been to Orzammar. I know it to be the Dwarven capital, but that's it. If you're also looking to find a way inside, I would be pleased to have you accompany us."

"Oh, calm yourself. It's just a dead human."
Shale said to Ashwin, since... well, it's Shale, of course he's not bothered by another dead human. Or a panicking one.

Now that the fighting is over Reegan spares barely a glance to the fallen. If the man she'd shot got up at all he wouldn't have enough allies for her to care about them anymore. Though she couldn't tell if they were dead or not when the aether around her was just so very squirmy. Even if her Blessed didn't have a word to describe what Slate was all she knew they were huge as the spriggan felt the tether of some cousin to nature. Her nature perturbed by its empowerment as a transition of souls bridged the gap between herself and magic just as much. Her roots driving deep into the world's substrate though it was likely why she couldn't channel anything to sprout from her hair but the strange thorned vines.

As the cycle servant returned Slate's stare she instead sprouted a gleeful glowing smile with raise of both hands as her translucent bow evaporated. A long rolling rumble of a sound grew up from her bramble that lost much of its meaning in the tongue of men as it was elegant perhaps more to dragon or nature-bound ears.

After Slate introduced himself Reegan's glowing smile erupted a word of her understanding of what she saw from staring in return, "Qethsegolaronahs!", and rang a cheerful awareness of one such as Slate through frozen soil and stone.

Far less obstinate about interaction as more of a creaking social thresher moving past the others to gleam curiosity up at Slate with a lilting cheer, "I'm Reegan! You're huge and your you is even huger!" @Wade Von Doom

She points at the crystals about Slate's shoulders as independent protector of the natural order surfaces from a more rigid thought space, "I like the pretties surfaced, well-worn! Are you here against the threat to the cycle? I found helpers too. Jotaro makes my head hurt sometimes but I he's a good predator so I think he's okay for the cycle." @The Wanderer

A look at Naeve she made the noise of huffing though strangely no breath came out of her, "The human nobles fighting again? One of them will kill the others"

An outstretched hand reegan said to Ami a bit downcast, "but if they're staring the fires of war, Ami, I'll beat one side with a bucket of blood if I have to not just stand there while some war-mad nation burns the seeds of life away. I'll try to get better with the wraithstrike not killing people but I can't really practice." @Noble Scion

".... I take it you're not very intelligent." Shale simply said to Reegan, after she kept spouting words that seemed more like an attempt to mimic conversation, rather than actually speak. "Is she slaved to one of you?" He asked the group, thinking she was like a regular golem. Controlled, and left without her freedoms.

"I am fine Naeve. They wouldn’t have been a problem had I been prepared but it seems they have been dealt with, for now, all of you have my thanks in that regard."

Daedalus inclined his head to the group, trying to hide the pain he felt. He wasn’t used to taking blows and frankly didn’t expect to take much more with Icarus around. And as he stiffened, raising his chin is when he finally scanned this..group of adventures. They were so unique all of them, and held such strange weapons-and they walked realities? He had to know more, the possibilities were endless. All the while Icarus towered over his creator, prepared to carry out their will.

"Call me Daedalus, and you may know my golem as Icarus."
His hands rested behind his back as he beheld the group with a polite smile and continued.
"I assume we are all a group for now?"

Naeve pulled something out of her pocket for Daedalus. A small bottle of red liquid. "Here," she told him, holding it out to grab. "A health potion. It will help the pain." She could clearly see he felt the aches of his body's soreness from whatever scuffle he got into with these men. "Are you also from another world?"

"Oh joy, another golem enslaved to a human." Shale said with the driest sarcasm to Daedalus. "If your golem can understand me, blink twice, and I'll be sure to crush your master's head." He just threatened aloud, looking right at Icarus.

"Shale!" Naeve shouted angrily. "I apologize, Shale has... a bad history with his former masters."

"And before it asks, no, I am not enslaved to these squishies. I work with it and its companions of my own volition. So don't expect me to carry any of its 'things' when its arms grow tired of holding even the smallest dagger."
Shale didn't like enslaved golems, if you didn't get the hint.

Ami'Lana Nar Marin

Ami took a moment to look at Naeve's outstretched hand, seemingly considering it for a moment before reaching out and shaking it firmly with a sigh. "... Sorry, I suppose my 'team' is as much to blame as your party." the quarian grumbled before taking a step back as the conversation went its way, largely content with staying out of the banter given how terribly their adventure had begun.

That was, until the golem began talking of its disliking towards its masters, reminding her of a certain other race created by her people. She stared at the golem for a moment before speaking to Naeve yet again. "That geth. I'd be wary of it if I were you, just a word of warning. As soon as it begins its process of sentience like that one has, it'll become a problem... Speaking from experience." she continued, bitterness audible in her cold voice as she continued watching the creature.

She would've went on but even the sight of it was bringing up foul thoughts, so instead she sat down, pulled out her gun, and began inspecting it

Jotaro
Outside the Dwarven city

Jotaro could only mutter a "Good grief." In Japanese, at both the response of lack in knowledge of the city, and underlying aggressiveness between the two groups.

"That'd probably be for the best. Though I'd suggest telling your friend to not threaten us." He responded, subtly sizing Shale up. If the Golem was going to be a problem, he wanted to get a gauge for what the Golem was capable of or how durable. But Jotaro would turn his head as the other group asked if Kaz was a blood mage. And from the sounds of it, things weren't great. Thinking on the spot, Jotaro would say to add onto it. "Kaz is a doctor specializing in blood transfusion and the science behind it, but where she's from. Doctors using science get burned at the stake."

Angling his hat in just the right way so none of the other group could see his left eye, he'd wink at Kaz to let know to play along. As he had no idea how they'd react to her being a vampire, or at the very least a version of one. Then again, he also didn't know if this world was actually that type of fanatic where they burned doctors because they didn't wave a dead chicken.

"Will that be a problem?" He cast his attention back to Naeve, crossing his arms. Star Platinum coiled up inside Jotaro, ready to defend its user at a moment's notice.

Meanwhile, Waffles came bouncing from the woods next to Ami, the squirrel that caught his attention no longer taking priority when the Siberian Husky heard the gunshot, panting heavily as the dog looked around for potential hostiles. Occasionally looking at and sniffing Ami to make sure things were okay in that department.

@Wade Von Doom @Henryboy003 @YeetLee @Epiphany. @Noble Scion @Wiggin @littlekreen @Asterios

Last edited:
Ashwin

“But I didn’t…”
Ashwin mumbled again, slowly getting up and walking behind Jotaro. He was a good wall between the cryomancer and the rock construct. They tried to not look at the severed head in the snow to keep the thought out of their mind. “Can we just go in, I don’t want to be out here…” Ashwin quietly asked, having some of their positivity drained from before.

Kilgren

“We came here In a blue box,”
Kilgren said in reply to Morrigan. It was very awkward in the way that she bluntly stated it, also leaving the idea in the air before moving on to reply to Naeve. “We would be glad to accompany you, never can have too much backup,” Kilgren said to Naeve, winking with her golden glowing eye.

Kilgren’s attention then moved to shale, mentioning enslaved golems. She seemed somewhat scattered in her thoughts as she moved from topic to topic. “Enslaved golem? We did not know the Sherai could be enslaved, how odd…” Kilgren worded aloud, pondering for a moment and rubbing her chin. “We can assure you that we have not enslaved this one at least,” Kilgren gestured to Reegan, “and if we did meet someone who enslaved someone who did not want it, then we would most assuredly disintegrate them without hesitation,” Kilgren replied. It was hard to tell if she was talking about “we” as in the group or if she was talking about herself.

"You speak like it's insulting not to jump into a situation you know nothing about, between two groups who could easily both be lying about their intentions." Morrigan pointed out. Then asked straight up, "Blood mage?" Since her wording of 'proclivity to blood' was pretty much making Kaz suspicious.

"Wait, are you all traveling with a blood mage?" Alistair suddenly asked. If they were, then it only made this group even weirder, because there was no way the others were blood mages. They had tech, or magic, or whatever it was he had never seen before.

"Blood mage? No I'm-" Jotaro cut her off before she could spill the beans. She was just about to dispel her small little glamour spell.

"That'd probably be for the best. Though I'd suggest telling your friend to not threaten us." He responded, subtly sizing Shale up. If the Golem was going to be a problem, he wanted to get a gauge for what the Golem was capable of or how durable. But Jotaro would turn his head as the other group asked if Kaz was a blood mage. And from the sounds of it, things weren't great. Thinking on the spot, Jotaro would say to add onto it. "Kaz is a doctor specializing in blood transfusion and the science behind it, but where she's from. Doctors using science get burned at the stake."

Angling his hat in just the right way so none of the other group could see his left eye, he'd wink at Kaz to let know to play along. As he had no idea how they'd react to her being a vampire, or at the very least a version of one. Then again, he also didn't know if this world was actually that type of fanatic where they burned doctors because they didn't wave a dead chicken.

"Will that be a problem?" He cast his attention back to Naeve, crossing his arms. Star Platinum coiled up inside Jotaro, ready to defend its user at a moment's notice.

"Oh Powers Be, don't remind me Jotoro... ingrates burning anyone that worked with stuff they didn't understand. You should have seen the Salem Witch trials. Still have nightmares about those." Kaz shuddered as she shook her head. An easy thing to do, she knew that small little pulses of electricity would work. On top of that, bending words into a favorable outcome was one of her specialties. Mix in a small amount of truth and you could pass a simple lie under the radar easily. Now all she needed to do was look up on how to actually do a blood transfusion...