The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Chapter 1, Mission 2: Dragonborn

Triumph. Azula's being is full to the brim with triumph when she stands atop the corpse of the Dragon she had struck down from the sky. Her mouth stretched ear to ear; eyes wide; body shaking.

As a young child, she had heard the tales of Fire Nation warriors earning the honorific of 'The Dragon' over a dead Dragon and felt "That will be me, I will be Azula the Dragon!"

The dreams of that child were dashed unfairly when she learned that her uncle Iroh, already heir to the throne of the Fire Nation, had robbed her of that dream when he slew the last of the Dragons. That glory would never be her own. Time and her own family had denied her that destiny.

Yet a force beyond comprehension had brought her to stand here. Here with her boots on the skull of a Dragon with rain beating down and a city on fire. She had done it. The glory was hers at last. She stands in the moment she had resigned to be an impossible triumph, and a laugh bubbles up from her chest. Azula laughs at Time and Iroh for their mutual failure.

"Behold!" Azula stops laughing to declare and punch her fists into the air; making twin plumes of blue flame, which also causes plumes of steam as it vaporizes the rain.

"I. am. Azula the Dragon!" She declares and inhales deeply before exhaling a large plume of blue fire from her mouth. This city was now at her mercy. It was already on fire even with the storm conjured by the Dragonborn abating it somewhat.

She could burn it all down herself now. First she would dismiss these lowly warriors around her. Turn them to ash before the rest of the city was also ash.

"We have what we came for," Vader said placidly. "Retreat."

The words of Lord Vader break her out from this revelry. She snaps to him, sees her has the Dragonborn over his shoulder in spite of the visible damage he has sustained, and remembers their mission. They had not come to burn this city to the ground. Their true goal was in hand, and Lord Vader was more vulnerable now even for how powerful she knows he is.

She leaps after Vader, propelling herself with a quick jet of flames. The armored Lord is hit with a magical attack and avoids another before continuing with their retreat. Azula jets herself even further along with more fire to avoid the wall entirely until she lands on her feet outside. To cover their retreat as they go, Azula sets fire to the fields and structures around them until it appears they have made enough chaos to not be pursued.

The beings summoned by Ysmir give chase to them in a single-minded manner. As they clear the walls however, each is cut down swiftly. First at the legs to bring them down, then

They all reach the rally point.

Azula looks back at Whiterun, and is somewhat disappointed to see instead of the inferno she'd left behind, a cloud of smoldering smoke.

"Inventive and annoying." She comments before one of the cultists praises their success. Azula smirks as she looks around and does not see the golden warrior.

"Lautrec has failed." What made her victory sweeter was knowing how many others had lost.

"He did not." A cultist corrects her, earning him a glare from the former Princess.

"Then why don't we see him here with the Jarl's blood on his blade?" asks Azula.

"His mission was a distraction for yours. It would do well to remember when you are only one pawn in a grand strategy." The cultist stands his ground against the glare.

"How dare you…" She huffs "I am no pawn!" exclaims Azula with a sudden punch that spouts a fireball aimed right for the cultist. It hits him, sending him back into a large tree with the force behind it then setting him alight. Azula looks on with satisfaction as the man cries out in pain for a few seconds before he falls dead silent. She feels her muscles spasm, tire as the damage from the lightning strike and strain of the attack catches up to her, but she keeps herself standing out of sheer willpower.
"Actually, his mission was different to yours." A voice spoke up behind Azula and Vader, up the hill from where they stood. Standing above them with his hands behind his back, dressed in royal armor by the looks of him, with a sword holstered to his side. He had platinum blonde hair, and spoke with an English accent, looking only a few years older than Azula was. "He was meant to simply grab something from the keep, but his bloodlust got the better of him, and now someone else will have to do his job." He explained, making his way down the hill.

"Please accept my apology on the matter, the man behind the planning of this believed it was information you didn't need to know." Once close enough the blonde bowed before Azula, even using the fire nation hand symbol. "I'm Ben. Ben Forbes. And it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, princess. And you, Lord Vader." He turned to give Vader a bow as well, different to Azula's to respect their different authorities.

80196a0749fb5f17a6ec67be164a512f.jpg

Ben Forbes

Ryan Zokkendov

Luer's chants and Robin's potion weren't quite needed, but they did accelerate Ryan's already fast natural regeneration. The bleeding stopped, and the black wounds turned red, slowly closing as his whole body continued to steam. The Doctor's scans would reveal that Ryan's body was at a quite high temperature on the inside, his organs somewhat returning from a burned state to a more natural one. He was still out cold though, whatever he did, expended quite a bit of his energy. As for his mental state, it didn't seem externally tampered, but it did look like he was extremely disturbed, tormented, even.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hero
Luer tensed when the Doctor came, too. Morgan was fine, he was already sure of that. It was Ryan he was concerned about right now. He gave a thankful look to Robin for the help, and gave a sigh of relief as the dragon stopped bleeding. He took this chance to make sure he was healed as much as he could be. He glanced to the Doctor when he asked the same question Robin had and gave an unsure look. He was not going to lay blame on Ryan for this though. "The man in gold armor got away. Ryan and Morgan tried to stop him but… they got caught in each other's crossfire instead when he slipped away." He offered. It was a lie, but for both of their sakes he was willing to. With any luck, the others will not go and correct it.

With that said he adjusted Ryan carefully to a more comfortable position on his lap and rested his hand on his shoulder. He was unsure if he would wake anytime soon, but until he did or it was time to leave he would just sit here with him.

"I am okay..I just need...food..lots of food and some clothes." Morgan assures The Doctor from the floor where she uses the jacket given by Luer to cover herself. When The Doctor asks for an explanation, Morgan at first is fine that Luer speaks for them. Luer seems a reasonable man, a truthful man...that's what she thinks until she hears him try to pass off a bald-faced lie.

"No! That is not what happened." Morgan wills herself to her feet holding the jacket close. She points at Ryan. "He and Dusk, they took the golden warrior, and I trusted them to only hold him. But I was wrong! They stabbed him. Tortured him. And he died...or...or..disappeared..because of them!" She gets louder and angrier with each word.

"I lost my temper, and I hit them as they deserve...and he...he.."She points an accusing finger down at the unconscious Ryan, and feels a pang of regret seeing Luer but goes on, with less fire in her voice.

"He went crazy! He was like a wild animal. He attacked me and...and could have sent me back to Tartarus if I did not defend myself." She stops pointing and sits down on the ground on her knees. She looks at Luer with soft, hurt disappointment.

"I don't lie to my friends. The Doctors have only been our friends."

Luer did not expect Morgan, of anyone here, to stand up and correct him. He looked her way rather quickly. "Morgan!" He hissed lightly. Why? She was to blame for this too. Why would she correct him when they both would get in trouble for this? Perhaps because she knew she was likely to get a lighter punishment? Ryan was the one that damn near killed her, after all. And yet…

When Morgan gave him that look and said what she did, he shook his head and chortled. "The Doctor is little more than an acquaintance to me, and I would rather lie to protect my friends than tell a truth that could hurt them…" Morgan was his friend. Ryan was his… well, he was more than just a friend, but still. He gently squeezed Ryan's shoulder in some frustration but simply rubbed it in some vein effort to comfort the dragon… and himself. Now he was worried. He did not know what the Doctor was capable of, but the prison he had been held in before was more than enough to instill a concern that this man was no less capable of such a thing. He would not stand for Ryan to be put through that too… even if he had to fight them all to stop it…

Mistress Bex- Character Sheet

T1d9Ndjrj-1xNN3EUUmESKEBSBWPCX-G4-Isa51FukF1H_HOOizxBsBulknLVaMK_xj8u1voINd68dWKPFCG75S0j9ZlbZ7m5e_0RSzu5--jkPjPgLviTD2ChmuGZCHUDVvTHaBY

"Farengar!" A guard shouted in the catacombs of Dragonsreach. "Farengar!" They were searching for the court wizard of the Jarl of Whiterun. During the attack on the city and keep, he made his way down here to ensure the protection of something important. Something he had studied away from public eyes, even to those inside the keep itself.

The Jarl had entrusted him to study this strange new crystal the Whiterun guards had found within one of the giants campsites. It was black. Pure black. It wasn't a soul gem, or some strange artifact of the gods or Daedra. It emitted a power that had never been seen before. And it was too dangerous to study in Farengar's quarters. It was only the catacombs could he study it.

And with the attack over, the guards had come to bring him back to safety as Dragonsreach was still smoldering from the fires. "I'm here!" The high elf finally said, coming out from around the corner with a small sack. "Is it over?"

"Yes, but we must hurry. The keep isn't safe yet, and we aren't sure if the invaders have gone for good. We'll take you to the city center, that's where the Jarl is."

"Help! Help!" an older commoner woman yells coming down another hall of the catacombs to intercept the group. She trips over herself in her frantic haste, falling to her knees and ripping her brown tunic dress.

"We...my children and I...we ran into Dragonsreach from the fire...but...then we ran down here from the fighting...now..oh...I can't find my children! Please help!"

The two guards turned quickly to the shouting woman, watching her trip over her clothing in the mad dash down the stairs and across the room. One signaled his comrade to stay back with Farengar, in case this was a trap, while he moved over to her with his sword drawn. "Ma'am, it's okay." He said, trying to calm her down. "The fighting has stopped, and the town is back under control. I'll help you find your children, but we must leave the keep immediately." He explained, kneeling down to her.

"Can you tell me what they look like?"

"Thank you thank you!" The woman wipes tears from her eyes and looks around. "They have blonde hair, like mine...the boy has short hair and the girl long braids...the boy looks like his father...he was a guard like you good Sir." She moves to stand up, but buckles back to the ground holding her left knee "Oh no...I think I broke something…"

"I'll notify the guards once we're up above again. Here," he takes the arm carrying his shield, and puts it under hers so she can lean onto his shoulder, with his blade arm still pointing forward. "Can you still walk?" He asked, trying to stand her up.

"Barely" The woman leans on him and with his support rises on her other leg. "But with your help, I will manage. Thank you good Sir, please lead on." She gives a grateful smile.

"We'll be right behind you." Farengar told her, as the guard began leading the woman back up towards the stairs out of the catacombs. He wanted to sound positive for her. "I'm sure we'll find your boys as we head towards an exit. They're probably just as worried for you as you are for them."

"I have one boy and one girl." The woman corrects the guard calmly as they start up the stairs.

"Not your worst mistake today." She says and suddenly the woman lifts the guard up with her one arm, spins around to toss him at his comrade and Farengar. There is a glimmer of orange light around her,revealing the woman is no commoner, but Bex.

"It is your last mistake." Bex quips before running at Farengar, to seize him by the neck.

The guard she threw shouted out in surprise as he was thrown; his back smashing into his comrades head, while his legs hit Farengar, knocking the wind out of him. He barely had time to register what happened before Bex's hand clenched around his throat, as he let out gasps and grabbed her hand to try and pull it off.

Of course, to no good. The guard she threw quickly got back up, slashing downwards with his sword to cut into Bex's neck.

The sword is met by Bex's other clawed hand. Her claws glow white hot and cuts through the the sword in one swipe. Bex follows up with a hard kick to the guard's chest.

The guard hesitated for a moment once she broke his blade, looking to his sword. The metal she sliced had molded sideways, still glowing orange like it had come from a forge. He had never seen such magic before, but in his confusion, he wasn't blocking for her kick.

He smashed into one of the pillars; his entire body hitting it so hard, the stone cracked and pieces flew off from where he struck it. Farengar was quick to act as Bex's attention was away from him, as he formed bolts of lightning out of his hand and threw it all into her face

Bex takes the lightning full in the face, and she does yell in pain, but the wizard had made a grave error in attacking her so close and quick in his current position. Her hand on his neck squeezes hard on his windpipe.

For a second, Bex would hear the sound of a loud cracking. The lightning faded, and the wizard's hand fell to the floor with a thud. Farengar's eyes rolled halfway back, and his mouth laid open. She broke his neck.

But, he still had the little brown sack on his hip. And she could feel the unique power of the item she came to obtain once Lautrec failed. It was like a strange vibration in her mind, like her skull was softly vibrating. "Down there!" A voice yelled, as several more guards made their way down to the catacombs from all the commotion.

The lightning fades and the burning damage done to her face disappears as well to reveal a very pissed off Bex.

"Impudent!" Bex throws the wizards corpse hard to the ground. She snatches the sack from him.

"Let's see what you felt ready to die for." The Daemon feels the pulse of power and would have investigated it, but the imminent arrival of more guards stops her. She ties the sack to her right wrist and runs up the stairs out of the catacombs to escape.

Once she was up the stairs, she was immediately faced with fourteen guards. They cornered her at the staircase, swords drawn and shields up. "Halt!" One shouted. "You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people! Hand over the bag, and submit to your surrender!"

Bex stops in her tracks at the head of the stairs, raises her hands as if in surrender, but her eyes look around at each of them with no fear, only contempt.

"Look upon me, humans, and see your death."

There is a brilliant flash of orange light from Bex that obscures her form from their eyes. It is two seconds of blindness which ends abruptly and reveals an immense Chimera-like beast that charges forward. Curved horns slam into guards. Jaws snap. Giant leathery wings flap and kick up a small powerful gale of wind.

"By the gods--" One guard muttered as the flash vanished to reveal her transformation. Not even werewolves became such creatures. In their minds, this was but a new beast of Hircine. But they were mistaken. This was a goddess they were witnessing. The wind she summoned sent them flying across the room, each screaming out in fear and pain as they smashed into the walls and pillars, or crash landed hard against the floors after several feet of travel.

The burnt wood of the Dragonsreach broke away, turning to debris that floats around Bex's form. Her way was clear to escape.

Her hooves tear up the floor as she charges forth. She shakes the battered hall. Bex does not bother looking for a door. She rams into a wall, and the walls behind that wall, to run out of Dragonsreach. She comes out the back of the building, leaps over the wall into the forest.

There was a mighty shake across the ground, like an earthquake had just happened. And the townspeople could see the smoke and dust fly into the sky like a mushroom cloud. It was like the apocalypse had come to Skyrim.

In the forest behind Whiterun, Bex returns to her original form, then casts Glamour to appear as a dark-skinned and brown-cloaked woman. Running around in either of her other forms would be too conspicuous; she needs to move unseen now that the other prize of the day was in hand.

And she is unseen as she makes her way to the rendezvous point. From a distance she hears a woman yell, then a man scream briefly in agonizing pain. Bex comes around a narrow game trail in time to see Ben make his entrance. She is nearly silent as she approaches, but Vader would feel her presence as a deceptively calm swirling nexus of lust, hate, pride and malice.

Azula is herself, oblivious to the approach of Bex. She's firstly fighting the ravages on her body, and secondly doing so to enjoy the respect this Ben Forbes is giving her. And even with the proper hand gesture.

He must have paid my world a visit.

"It is your pleasure, Ben Forbes." Azula haughtily affirms his greeting with the same motions. "However, given my grand feat this day, I declare that I am now not only Princess Azula. I have claimed my right to be Azula, the Blue Dragon." She takes a deep breath, and tilts her head back to let out a large plume of blue fire into the air above her.

"Neat trick, Blue Dragon." Bex says from far behind her, still in disguise.

"And who are you? Another pawn?" Azula questions with contempt as she had caught the condescending tone.

"I fancy myself a Queen." Bex dispels the Glamour and smiles back at Azula.

"I would say you are free to test me, but you're barely standing on your own, mortal." Bex comes within striking distance of Azula, then steps closer, but the young woman can't find the strength to strike now. Her fingers shake and knees bend. Bex puts a hand on her right shoulder, and gently but firmly pushes Azula down to sit on the ground.

"Best to rest, and you'll be healed soon enough. We will take such good care of you." Bex strokes Azula's chin. She looks up at Bex, and does not feel calmed, as she is still incensed at such treatment; Azula feels and looks subdued.

Bex walks over to Ben, holding the sack she'd taken aloft in the air.

"The prize Lautrec could not claim. Now claimed."

"Brigid, get everyone out, and find out what's been going on outside the palace!"

"On it, Doctor!" Brigid holsters Revolution and leaves the apprehension of Lautrec to Morgan and others. Between them all, it looked as if they had it well in hand. No chance of escape for him so long as they remained vigilant. Assisting civilians wasn't too hard as even though Brigid had no more authority than a civilian of this city, she projects command and authority in her actions. These are two qualities the scared people of Whiterun needed in this crisis. Even the Jarl's guards do not get in her way. Though there was something she didn't fully catch about some having to retrieve some special person down in the catacombs. Her hands were full with rallying the Jarl's children out to safety at the time.

And rally everyone she could find to safety, she did. It looked like the danger had passed, and she even saw the TARDIS being used to douse the flames the rain could not.

"Doctor?" Brigid calls out when she's led everyone to where the TARDIS had landed and apparently there were more misplaced people. What gets Brigid's attention is the dragon skeleton.

"Wow, what the hell took this one down?" She asks nobody in particular while the Doctor talks(rambles) on in the background(from her perspective). Looking around at the newcomers, she surmises all of them together probably did it. Certainly look tough enough alone. She pokes one of the horns of the dragon and wonders if she could hack off a piece and make something cool with it. Not everyday you got a chance to get a real dragon horn.

Brigid doesn't get an answer to her question before the sounds of a large struggle gets her and The Doctor's attention. Brigid runs in the same direction as the man, but damned if he isn't that much faster. It was like he had two hearts and made his living on the run. Maybe she should ask for pointers later.

She gets there in time to witness Morgan stand and deliver the truth of what she stumbles on. Of all the details she takes in, she is most worried about who she doesn't see.

Where did the golden warrior go?

It's made apparent by Morgan that Ryan and Dusk, who was not present, were responsible for their captive's escape, and there had been some major scuffle between Morgan and Ryan that put them both in their respective states. Brigid was unsure of the exact nature of Morgan's body yet, but she recognized the fear and hurt in her overall behavior. The hurt was mostly directed at Luer.

Of course it had to be Luer.

Looking at The Doctor, Luer, Morgan, Brigid reads the room and feels like this is a bomb that needs to be defused.

"Everyone! Just...calm down...that means you too Doctor." Brigid says calmly but firmly to the man.

"This looks bad...because it is..very bad...we can all agree on that, yeah?" She looks around for confirmation from anyone before going on.

"This can get worse if we don't remember, we're not here to fight each other. Luer, I understand you don't trust The Doctor, but please, think, if he or the other two have so far done anything cruel. Remember. I shot you dead, and we got through that by talking, by being honest." She looks over at The Doctor.

"Now, Doctor...you heard Morgan just now. Sounds like there's something up with Ryan if he came at her like a wild animal. Might not be his fault, may in fact be his fault, but lets not jump to conclusions. I think you and I agree, even if we barely know each other, that jump is a bad jump. Agreed?"

WHITERUN:

Well things certainly went dramatically wrong now, didn't they?

The Doctor was caught between a shouting match between the daemon and archer, as one told a lie, and the other called them out on it, then for it to end with Luer admitting to not trusting the Doctor. He took no offense to it. Why would he? The Doctor as certainly been guilty of lying before, and would lie again in the future.

But this wasn't protecting a friend in trouble. It was willful ignorance. And that he would not tolerate. He simply stared daggers at Luer, looking the archer right in the eyes with the silent fury the Timelord was known for. Luer could sense the wrath coming from him as he stared him down, and whatever he said back wouldn't change it. It would be unnerving. It was only Brigid who finally came back down, with the Jarl's children, did the intensity finally break.

"Father!" The eldest child of the three kids, Frothar, shouted, as the Jarl himself finally came back around to the city center. He had been rounding up the remaining Whiterun troops to secure the city and its surroundings, while also helping with coordinating with rescues to save as many buildings from the fire as possible.

"Frothar!" He shouted back, breaking through the crowd with his two guards and brother, Hrongar. "Dagny! Nelkir!" He shouted again upon seeing the other two kids. He bent down on his knee to hug all three. The family embraced, while behind the smoldering keep, a massive cloud of dust and ash flew into the sky, as something smashed its way out behind Dragonsreach. It shook the ground, before they could hear it charge away into the distance, whatever it was. No one would see it.

There were so many unanswered questions as to what just happened, and with yet another one added onto the pile, they had no time to waste. The Doctor didn't look at Brigid, instead staring off into the distance. "Grab Ryan. Bring him to the TARDIS." He finally said in a tense and quiet tone. "The rest of you come with us too. We'll need to talk." He especially looked to Dusk with a brief glance, but with the same look of distain he gave to Luer. "Robin, help Morgan." He told the mage next, before finally walking off.

The Jarl didn't quite care at the moment. He was just happy his children were safe. And while the townspeople were shaken, they were Nords. They would bounce back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Ryan awoke, he was cuffed to a comfy leather chair. His hands felt like they were glued to the arms, while his mouth had something over it. He could speak clearly, but it would feel like a muzzle. He was inside the TARDIS, with the Doctor analyzing his pupil dilation with his screwdriver. "Ryan, can you hear me?" He asked him.

The others would be outside the TARDIS, collecting the Dragon and cultists corpses for study. The cultists, they would find, wore something strange on their hips. A square, makeshift box, no bigger than a hand. Each one had these, made from parts of Dwarven tech and some other strange technology they wouldn't recognize. Whatever these things were, they could redirect elemental damage around the user, like a forcefield. If fire or lightning tried striking someone with it on, it would bounce away like a gust of wind. It was how they weren't affected by the dragons breath and most of Ysmir's shouts.

The guards also brought the corpse of the Farengar, found in the catacombs. "Oh, Farengar." The Jarl muttered to himself, as he approached the group again with the Dark Elf once more. He bent down to study his body, seeing that his neck was snapped, and his eyes rolled back. He pushed his eyelids closed with his hand. "We'll give you a proper burial soon, my friend." He told the corpse. The newbies would be given the general points of what was going on with this multiverse traveling nonsense.

Lady with a robot army seems to be doing this, for what purpose, they don't know, but have an an idea of where she is, and they're trying to find her by going through the universes listed on the map they found from a dead robot Centurion that somehow had dark energy powers.... It was a bit confusing.

OUTSKIRTS:

"Hello, darling~" Ben waved to his lovely queen as she made her way over. Always did enjoy putting humans down. Put a smile on his face watching the exchange, even if Azula had to be an ally. "Oh, how kind of you." He told her, gently grabbing the sack, before placing a small kiss on her lips in appreciation. "I'm sure we'll be seeing him again... Depending on how far away the nearest bonfire is, of course." He mentioned of Lautrec, before opening up the sack to reveal its contents.

A black crystal.

fc1ba21b1a62a782bc67b168a02fd2e9.jpg

It was a hefty thing, just about fitting in the palm of his hand, and had the height of his hand. But they would all feel it. A strange feeling of intense power in it, like holding Plutonium. Vader would sense something in it he could only compare to the strongest force of the dark side. While Azula would feel her body warming intensely, like she was standing next to Corium. And the shivering feel Bex felt before only grew more tense now that she could stare at it.

Ben's smile grew wider and more menacing. So this was it. This was the power these crystals held. A fraction was already powerful, but this was like a small nuclear reactor of power. "This, right here my friends. Is Coridian. In the right hands, we could dominate this world with but a legion of men and ourselves. But," he repositioned it in his hands. "We would need two things: A reactor to harness it correctly without dying, and a few more members of this alliance. If you're interested, of course. I understand the need to return home, and I will gladly grant it to you for your services today. But, you can all sense this." He raised it up again for everyone to see clearly. Small swirls moved around inside it, like paint within water.

"It's VERY hard not to. But, no pressure, you're all free to make your own choices." Ben had the slyest grin on his face, like he just asked a playful rhetorical question.

Luer did not give the Doctor a second thought when he glared at him. He did not care. When they were told to take Ryan to the TARDIS he simply sighed, moving to pick the dragon up and follow the others. He managed a thankful look to Brigid for her attempt, at least someone tried. He was not leaving Ryan until he woke though. He wanted to talk to him. For now things were just going to be tense, and he was aware of it being mostly his own doing. He was not scared of the Doctor, he was scared of what the Doctor might do to Ryan— and he was not afraid to admit that. So for now, he will keep the dragon with him in his room, which is where he headed when they got to the buzzy blue box.

The problem started again though when the Doctor insisted Ryan be bound. That set him off again and recoiled. He was holding Ryan, after all. If he did not let him go they could not do that to him. "Absolutely not! He's unconscious! I will look after him in my room until he wakes."

"Luer." Brigid comes up behind the blue haired man and gently stops him with a hand on his shoulder. She has followed close behind Luer and Ryan in the walk back to the TARDIS with her hand on a reloaded Revolution just in case Ryan woke up and resumed his apparent rampage. Her gun has proven effective on magic users today. The Doctor had instructed Ryan be restained in a chair when they arrive, but Luer had ignored it.

"Look, I know you really want to bring your man back and be alone. I really really do. Please believe me." She says with a sad look to her face and tone in her voice. If she'd been given a chance to bring her husband and son home to recuperate, she would have. "But there's something wrong and dangerous about him. Very dangerous, if how scared Morgan is is any indication. The Doctor thinks, and I agree, its best if we restrain him for now. Help him if he needs help. Do you understand?"

Luer jumped in a startle, not having expected anyone to touch him and his initial though was he was about to be forced down. He had hoped since he had a hold of Ryan that would not be an option given it could hurt them both. But it was Brigid, and he sighed rather heavily in relief when she started talking. Oddly enough, right now he trusted Brigid not to do something like that to him.

His brow furrowed as her words sounded, as he saw the sadness in her eyes. He did feel bad for her, he understood how she felt. "There's nothing wrong with him…" He commented. It was not something wrong with him, it was no different than his own past identity. A part of himself he cannot always control. He shook his head lightly. "Maybe, but I do not trust him… not…"

The archer sighed again and shook his head, losing his way for words and giving up on it. He did not trust the Doctor by any means, but he knew Ryan would want this too. He would not want to be a danger to anyone… as it was he would likely wake with a lot of guilt for this. He glanced away briefly with an upset look of his own. "Ryan would agree too… c-can I at least stay with him? If we have to tie him down… I don't like it, but… I know he'd want it to…" If he could stay with him at least, then he would know if the Doctor tried anything…

"If The Doctor has any problem with you being there, Luer, I promise I will do my American duty and punch out a Brit for you." Brigid pats Luer on the same shoulder and nods and smiles.

Luer tilted his head briefly. He did not entirely understand what she meant, but he understood enough. He gave a short chortle and nodded. Suffice to say he certainly held no grudge over being shot. "Thank you." With that softly said in earnest, he took another deep breath. "Alright… let us get him settled."

"I got this side." Brigid comes around and puts one of Ryan's arms over her shoulders. "And just my two cents; might be good to talk with Morgan after this. Almost looks like you hurt her much as he did somehow." She says tilting her head at Ryan.

Luer nodded, giving a thankful look as Brigid moved to help. His brows creased again when she mentioned Morgan's face earlier. He did need to do that. Morgan probably did not understand why he did what he did, just as much as he did not understand why she outed his lie. They did need to talk. "Yes… I will do that when the chance arises…" After he knows Ryan is safe.

The process was a short one from there, and easy with Brigid's help. Ryan was comfortably secure.

—————————————————————

So now Luer sat beside a bound and muzzled Ryan- which he thought too much but he did not argue. He is not a rabid animal. Why muzzle him? It was not as though that thing would stop a breath of fire. It would be anyone's own fault if they got close enough to be bitten… and probably deserved depending. But that train of thought stopped there as he took a quiet deep breath.

He simply rubbed Ryan's arm silently as he waited for the dragon to wake. The tension between him and the Doctor in said silence was palpable, but he was content to ignore the man entirely for the moment, which seemed to work best for the both of them. When Ryan stirred he smiled. "Hey." He said gently, though gave an annoyed look to what the Doctor did, gently nudging away the light from his eyes. "Is it necessary to blind the poor man too?" He complained quietly with irritation. No, he did not understand the reason for that. They had healers in his world, not doctors that use lights.

Nero Sparda
Outside the Tardis with the others

Feeling like he was back in the old days with Nico and dragging demon bodies out of cramped interiors and forgotten ruins, often taking hours as he had to single handedly do the task as Nico was so more involved in dissecting the corpses and harvesting materials.

The info dump given by the Doctor was something that both didn't faze Nero too much, yet did cause his mind to go crazy with thoughts and speculations on just what the hell was going on.

"Why can't it just be demons?" He muttered to himself, feeling woefully out of place in this situation.

Deciding to distract himself by asking the others, no matter who else was helping gather the bodies. "So what's your story?" From the tall alien guy to some from the Doctor's crew. Nero just wanted a distraction, didn't care if he was given the truth or anything.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin @Nero Kunivas @Amber Franklin @Jenhal @Birdsie

Darth Vader
Outskirts

There had been a time, recently in Vader's career, where an Imperial mining world of import decided to sever contact and cease sending their ore shipments. The department of Imperial Intelligence suggested they were in cahoots with the Rebel Alliance, and Vader had been dispatched to attend a party there in the Emperor's name, meet with the king of the planet, and make sure that he understood his measly world's place in the galaxy - as well as deliver a gift from the Emperor himself.

Naturally, Darth Vader had been unceremoniously attacked from nowhere, killed his would-be ambushers, and then delivered the present. It had been a small box, containing a gray rock.

He remembered the amusement he felt when the princess asked what it was.

And Vader's reply had been, "Alderaan."

And the black crystal that Forbes was showing them reminded Vader in some respects of that small rock. There was a sort of darkness tied inextricably to its form, a kind of unspoken and unsung tragedy of cosmic proportions. Something that Vader didn't dwell on for longer than a second, but which nonetheless sparked a mote of curiosity in him - where exactly did this crystal originate, and how did it work?

The uninterrupted rhythm of Vader's breath stopped for a moment, as he spoke. "If you want my cooperation, I will have full disclosure of all information in the future, regardless of whether the mastermind believes I do or do not need to know it." It was spoken in the same low tones he utilized normally, but there was a certain hum of demand to it. "And you will keep your mistress on a tighter leash. If she attempts to do to me, what she did to the Princess of the Fire Nation, then you will need to construct a graveyard of considerable size."

~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Dusk
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Dusk didn't properly pay attention while the exchange between Luer and the rest of the group occurred. He sat in the back contemplating what he had done, rubbing his cheek where Morgan had hit him. He was only following along with what felt natural, was there something wrong with that? It was a good possibility after his body had changed from his encounter with his inner self. Did he really defeat that thing? Was he going along the right path? He was soon brought back to reality by the doctor's furious gaze towards him. Was there disappointment in those eyes? Hate? Dusk was unable to tell. He wordlessly followed along behind the doctor as Ryan was fastened to an examination chair. Words wanted to escape Dusk's mind. He wanted to tell everyone that he was sorry, but for what? Why was he sorry? After a few moments, Dusk walked towards one of the walls and leaned on it, eventually sliding down onto the floor and curling up into a ball. He remained silent and still in this position as the examination began.

Mistress Bex- Character Sheet

Azula does not let her eyes leave Bex as she walks to Ben Forbes. What was that just now? She had wanted to just singe some hair on the self-proclaimed Queen, but her hands had failed her. Failed. No, she did not fail! She would have had an uncouth reaction to this outrage from her own body, but then Bex had touched her. Touched her. Pushed her firmly down to the ground.

Then Bex touched her again. On her chin. Stroked it like a master would their pet. Promised she would be healed, cared for, soon. Her pride wants to insist she did not need help. She was now The Blue Dragon!

Her body disagrees; keeps her on the ground to maintain the rest made possible by the gentle but firm hand of Bex. She watches the woman who is more than human and hands Ben something in a sack. Unveiled and presented to the rest, Azula feels heat, power like she's only felt once before; when Sozin's Comet soared through the sky. Hard to forget the power it imbued in you as a Firebender.

If only that power could be used to allow her to stand.

If only she could access it in general. Azula moves her hands in an attempt to harness this power she feels, but it passes through her fingers like smoke.

Ben makes it clear this thing, Coridian, needs some other tool to be used properly. The prospect of going home does not interest her; she jumps (metaphorically) at the chance to discover what can be done with this energy she feels but cannot bend on her own. She lets Lord Vader make his intentions and provisions clear, smiling at his threat to them about Bex.

"I will excuse this treatment, only this once." Azula holds her head high as one can while sitting on the ground on crossed legs looking pointedly at Bex.

"If this is to be an alliance, then it's only right we operate as equals. That entails not touching me unless I give permission. And I will never." She says proudly and loudly. "So long as you can respect our terms, Lord Vader and I will join your alliance."

Bex has been staring at the Coridian but gives the others attention as well while hanging on Ben's other arm. Vader's threat earns a smile and shrug from the Daemon. Azula's demand turns the smile to more of a grin.

Time to turn on her charm.

"My apologies, Azula the Blue Dragon, and Lord Vader." She says to both from Ben's side and bows her horned head. "I will remind myself that my ways, while not meant in either way, can be felt as disrespectful, even threatening, to others. So allow me to rephrase. She places her free hand on the center of her chest and has a softer tone to her voice as she speaks.

"Your mission was a success, and congratulations to you both. But I see as can happen on even a successful mission, it has left you in need of recuperation. It was expected, as your quarry is one of the stronger beings to inhabit this reality." She looks to the Dragonborn still asleep and bound on the ground. "And so I suggest, only suggest, that you two be mended fully before we proceed? This alliance will only succeed with each of us at the height of our powers. Which this stone will avail." She waves her hand over the Coridian.

"Apology accepted." Azula nods to Bex and musters her strength to rise slowly to stand in a dignified pose with shoulders squared and hands behind her back to project strength with minimal threat. The young woman does not fully believe Bex, but wants to build the ties of this alliance with cordiality.

"Robin, help Morgan." He told the mage next, before finally walking off.
Robin wasn't particularly pleased to hear of what had transpired. This really was quite a troublesome situation, but with the Doctor's directions it hopefully wouldn't get worse. He looked around the area and remained silent as the discussion ran it's course. To think that infighting would be the cause of that assassin's escape.

"Ryan went berserk, huh? I wonder what could have come over him. He didn't strike me as the type to act so excessively brutal." He shook his head, "And Luer trying to lie about it as well… Though I suppose it doesn't matter right now."

He moved back over to Morgan, undid his own cloak and draped it over her shoulders. "Here, it's bigger than what you have at the moment. Might preserve your modesty a little better on the way over too."

Reaching out a hand to help her up and support her movements, he spoke again with a somewhat cheery tone, "Come on, let's get you back to the TARDIS. Doctor's orders!"

@Amber Franklin

Nero Sparda

Feeling like he was back in the old days with Nico and dragging demon bodies out of cramped interiors and forgotten ruins, often taking hours as he had to single handedly do the task as Nico was so more involved in dissecting the corpses and harvesting materials.

The info dump given by the Doctor was something that both didn't faze Nero too much, yet did cause his mind to go crazy with thoughts and speculations on just what the hell was going on.

"Why can't it just be demons?" He muttered to himself, feeling woefully out of place in this situation.

Deciding to distract himself by asking the others, no matter who else was helping gather the bodies. "So what's your story?" From the tall alien guy to some from the Doctor's crew. Nero just wanted a distraction, didn't care if he was given the truth or anything.
- Sivraks, Housebane - Outside the Tardis -

Keeping his distance from the tense affairs between The Doctor, a young archer and a strange man who vaguely resembled the dragons that had just passed over the now ravaged city mere moments ago, Sivraks elected to wait silently to the side, all the while looking around at his unfamiliar surroundings, perusing through the many faces that clearly did not belong in Whiterun.

Soon after things were beginning to wind down, the demon hunter with a mechanical arm approached Sivraks, addressing him in a surprisingly casual manner, inquiring as to Sivraks's "story".

"My story? Hmm, that is, as humans say, a "loaded question" to be honest." Sivraks began, grimacing to himself at his own fairly lengthy, along with being very busy, history. He then took an ether-filled breath and resumed.

"My name is Sivraks. Long story short, I am an Eliksni, my world is a different version of your Solar System and most of my life has been dealing with the conflicts of my own race, humanity and the many others vying for power, glory, riches and the approval of the paracausal forces that essentially rule the known universe." He then shrugged in a very human manner:

"Never a dull moment." He added with a chuckle, before motioning to Nero's arm. "What about you? I see you've chosen to upgrade yourself. Willing? Or did someone force the matter?" Sivraks would inquire curiously of the Devil Hunter.

@The Wanderer

Aelnneond Macsoric - Character Sheet

The trip down proved rather eventful. He'd hurried on horseback via one donated by a dead bandit after strange things started coming from the skies and noises on the horizon. Chalcedony floated alongside with noiseless effort a thing of dense magic by what little time he'd had to inspect. The frame still caused his mind to object at strange angles. In glances at the inner depicted reality that strange symbol and orb stayed in the center though he estimated the interior had moved several dozen feet since he'd been keeping track. If it was water inside the liquid was perfectly clear though besides strange plants had seen nothing living pass by but underwater plants. She babbled most of the way though he didn't respond kept an ear to the kinds of questions she asked herself about the world. Simple ones. like a small child with an adult's intellect referenced things she said she didn't understand yet identified them quite well enough.

As he got to the gate the guards barely paid notice of the strange floating creature more than a moving rime on his bound sword held at the ready. He released his spell once he saw their hostile posture and they did so as well. With an apology from him saying he'd prefer he didn't need it they let him pass but eyed the mage's creature with curiosity. Conjurers of martial disciplines seemed to retain some level of respect by the Nords at least. The recent sway of opinion came more to the school of destruction.

He had to leave the horse behind of course but preferred not to use the huge animals anyway. They took it with a laugh when he told them they could keep bandit's horse since the fellow was now more scabbard than a rider. They did tell Chalcedony no summons in the city rather than respond to a peppering of questions and she seemed disappointed more than angry with them.

She made a strange breathless scoff as they walked into the burning city, "Augh. Why can't they be like you? I ask a question, you answer a question. That's how it works. How is one to pursue intellectual pursuits if the pursuits just hurl invectives!"

It surprised Aelnneond when she folded her way into his own body as some strange way to unconjure herself. That bore some experimentation but a bit later. His luck would soon turn to darker problems after hearing of a meeting of some strange creatures clearly from wildly different spheres.

Aelnneond tried to hide a smirk under his beard but he wasn't quite enough of a wizard to manage that, "Quite polite, just rude. I'm sure we'll find out what's going on. There's a tablet to deliver at the least."

The voice came into his mind with a genial blinking he could feel, "Oh yes. A very important something here! A familiar something! It's over.... ah... somewhere! I'm not really being helpful, am I."

With a few gestures and a focus of mind to listen outside himself, a clairvoyance spell lit a diaphanous sphere above his hand, "Well, if you've still your tiny eye, look into this spell and think of what you're looking for."

The line fired as she stared into it though it hadn't led to where she'd gone. Through the translucent window to knowledge, a single inner eye sped a vortex incredibly familiar. A faint blue line curled around a corner to join others with the Jarl. Finding the world was a bit stranger and in more danger than prophecy had originally implied.

Shortly after the world decided his life was insufficiently complicated. A dragon, an actual dragon! Aligned against mankind with others that had come to kill them and the innocents. He summoned what daedra he was able, as they kept the cultists busy so he could focus on the stronger among them. The black-suited warrior proved nearly his end as the bound sword infused with rime by Chalcedony channeling his spell exploded in a fountain of steam but held against the weapon of pure wrathful fire. Blasted away from the strike from above the unexpected detonation he'd not prepared footing for sent him skidding across the ground. Focused on the dragon in his wobbling sight saw the lance of lightning stun the dragon as he put knowledge and Voice to use. STRUN BAH! The sky flickered then darkens as rain pours down from above with a peal of lightning seeking the nearest ground. The bolt arced its way through the dragon as the short downpour raged from the sky. Another warrior took flight as wings twitch madly to try and keep aloft. As it fell and he tried to stand the dragon started pouring out of itself again with that same inflating feeling as he'd first gotten Chalcedony drowning out all sound with the inflow of raw draconic knowledge.

As Vader's will struck his distended mind, gripping it hard, the fluid of his will squeezed out the sides and he lost consciousness. Chalcedony ejected like a watermelon seed from his back into a ruined building. When she emerged again sometime later as Aelnneond's soul recovered enough, the battle was now over. Thinking he was with the others raced to the Tardis before distractedness hung a hard corner to lead to Sivraks instead. The Liminial Ghost floats over with a squee of excited familiarity. They hovered down toward the two having momentarily forgotten Aelnneond.

reegan-shell-png.219730
A very familiar voice rang out near the Tardis of one Amy Pond though just faintly different in a cadence that it was natural, not intentional imitation, "Hey.... you! I know you. Well, I don't really. Drawing a blank. But you're very familiar. Eliksni... Eliksni... I know that word. Maybe. Let's have a look."

The wooden confines of fishless tank of a Ghost rotated to awareness of Nero in a way less painful to quantify by the gleaming symbol of its inner ball.

The dismissive tone didn't have a pull of disdain but the flat cadence of raw dismissal went back to what she was doing, "Oh! And a... you! How nice."

A lucent cloud of flickering characters of dragon language erupts in layers as red lines fork in and out as the shells that rotate in layers and bands. On occasion splitting into even smaller characters linked by trees of red lines. Incoherent fragments of some inner monologue as she tried to employ a scanner that instinct rather than mind knew how to use. The instructions she remembered seemed to conflict and wasn't sure if she was remembering one manual or two.

The thought struck her finally, "Oh wait. Oh dear, have you seen the dragonborn? Aelnneond? He's around somewhere. He must be."

Last edited:
Brigid Mahoney

"Excuse me, pardon me." Brigid excuses herself as she approaches the skull of the dragon with a tool in hand and nudges past anyone who might be near it; the tool looks like a chrome blowtorch but has no nozzle that would attach to a tank. She also wears a pair of welding goggles instead of her tricorn hat.

"Hmm." Brigid comes up to the skull, which is taller than her, and regards the horns. "I don't want the whole thing….too big...just maybe…" She thinks aloud to herself as she climbs up the side of the skull to get at one of the horns, planting her feet on a shoulder blade. "Just...hm.." She holds out her arm along the horn from the tip, and nods. "Yeah thats it, just enough to work with." Brigid puts on the goggles and activates the tool. It hums and a small spike of energy projects from the emitter. She sets the spike to the spot on the horn where her elbow had rested, and those around will have to endure the delightful smell of bone being rapidly burned as she uses the tool to cut through it.

"Atom bomb baby, sweet as a plum, packs more wallop thand uranium." Brigid sings to herself as she cuts.

"Voila!" Brigid exclaims when the horn falls into her quick hand. She stands on the shoulder blade holding the horn up for all to see. "Got my souvenir! Genuine dragon horn, can you believe it?" She waves over the dragon with the tool.

"Anybody else want a souvenir while I got this? Anyone? I could cut off the claws….teeth…?" She asks, not wanting to be the only one with a souvenir.

Nero Sparda

- Sivraks, Housebane - Outside the Tardis -

Keeping his distance from the tense affairs between The Doctor, a young archer and a strange man who vaguely resembled the dragons that had just passed over the now ravaged city mere moments ago, Sivraks elected to wait silently to the side, all the while looking around at his unfamiliar surroundings, perusing through the many faces that clearly did not belong in Whiterun.

Soon after things were beginning to wind down, the demon hunter with a mechanical arm approached Sivraks, addressing him in a surprisingly casual manner, inquiring as to Sivraks's "story".

"My story? Hmm, that is, as humans say, a "loaded question" to be honest." Sivraks began, grimacing to himself at his own fairly lengthy, along with being very busy, history. He then took an ether-filled breath and resumed.

"My name is Sivraks. Long story short, I am an Eliksni, my world is a different version of your Solar System and most of my life has been dealing with the conflicts of my own race, humanity and the many others vying for power, glory, riches and the approval of the paracausal forces that essentially rule the known universe." He then shrugged in a very human manner:

"Never a dull moment." He added with a chuckle, before motioning to Nero's arm. "What about you? I see you've chosen to upgrade yourself. Willing? Or did someone force the matter?" Sivraks would inquire curiously of the Devil Hunter.

@The Wanderer

Nero Sparda
Talking to Sivraks, outside the Tardis

Nero nodded along as Sivraks told his story, asking questions every so often. He wasn't too smart, as his knowledge base was moreso into basic engineering and demons and how to kick ass. So when the term of 'paracausal' came up, he asked about it. Then putting the information he received into mental storage.

When the discussion turned to asking about his 'upgrade.' Nero's expression changed somewhat, as he mulled over how to phrase it. "I lost to my dad, he needed the sword that was kept in it. I got a robot arm to replace mine, but after some stuff happened, I can do this." With a flash of blue light, the mechanical arm was put into storage, Nero's own flesh and blood arm taking its place. There wasn't even a seam where the arm connected, or any visible sign of a difference from a basic human arm.

"Not as powerful as my original arm, but I don't have to worry about rust or one of the demonic components exploding on me." He finished, moving his gaze at the others. "What's your take on the situation?" He suddenly asked, clearly referring to the Tardis and its crew.

Ryan Zokkendov

Ryan's mind continued to be shrouded in darkness, keeping him unaware of the world around him as he was being moved. Once he was placed in the chair, it took a couple more minutes for him to come to. Thoughts of his actions before going out bombarded his head as it started to bobble his head slowly. "Nnn..." His eyes went fully open, and met the Doctor's gaze with a serious stare "You should have at least put me neck deep in cold water..." he said, the concern he had for the others showing ever so slightly in his voice.

Ryan tried to increase the temperature of the room, but no matter how hard he tried, he was as unable to use his elemental manipulation as he was his hands, which he didn't even bother to force, as the feeling alone was telling how hard they were trapped. He also tried to see if he had any connection to ANNA, to no avail. The whole process of testing how well restrained he actually was took him a few seconds, where he finally admitted "...I shouldn't have underestimated your capabilities... But I would've still put me in a cold pool, I've earned that at the very least", it was then that he addressed Luer. "It's okay, he's not blinding me. He's just checking how I was doing" he couldn't muster up a smile, or even looking at Luer in the face though.