The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Chapter 1, Mission 1: Jaws of Oblivion

With everyone agreeing on where to go and Layyel figuring out why the big tower was super important with the help of the Tiny tiny, Layyel set off with said tiny for the place which had a lot of water.

The jaunt took a tad bit longer than it should have, partly due to guards raising concerns over the towering knight and partly due to the towering knight's own careless wonder which caused him to wander off sometimes before he was lead back onto the path by his tiny companion. Still, it wasn't long until they had reached the Waterfront which, true to its name, had an abundance of water that Layyel marveled at alongside a spectacular view of rolling green hills and an abundance of healthy flora.

He decided that he really liked this place.

Absentmindedly, Layyel patted his tiny friend and told her that he was going to stay around the area with the tiny wooden houses. This amounted to him basically doing a bunch of gestures at himself then at the houses until she presumably got the message.

After that, Layyel walked off and sat on the shoreline, basking in the gentle sun as he appreciated the surrounding area.

~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Scout
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Scout thought the waterfront was a calming sight with the gentle mist of water that was met with it. The gentle rocking of the boats and passers by continually reminded Scout of home, and made her feel a sort of melancholy. She wanted to be with her Diana, but the current matter was much too dangerous for her.

Scout was then momentarily taken from her thoughts as a large hand patted her on the head. It was layyel, the large being that had accompanied her. He seemed to be gesturing that he wanted to stay in the area. “You can go ahead, I won’t stop you,” Scout said before he went off to sit at the edge of the water. He seemed to be a very solitary being, and she wasn’t going to get in his way.

While Layyel went off and contemplated his thoughts, Scout studied the town, noticing how the area was seemingly more downtrodden as compared to the marble structures within the main square. "excuse me, do you know where the nearest Tavern is?" She asked someone who was passing by. Hopefully this person would be able to guide her to a place that was filled with rumors and possible information.

Last edited:
Tsunade- Character Sheet

“To the Watch, then.” Tsunade follows alongside Callintus. She listens to him while looking around. Not on edge for danger, but aware. His words and smile remind the kunoichi of a similar time in her life.

“There was a time in my life where I left my village, the legacy of my clan at that, to wander aimlessly. I was convinced by Naruto, a very idealistic young shinobi, to return when the village needed me. I hope we can help this kingdom find a way through this crisis.For it to have the devotion of a man such as you, I feel it deserves deliverance.” Tsunade gives a somber smile and nod.

PATH TOWARDS PRISON:

"Ahhhh, you make this old man blush." Callintus joked, smiling back to her. "I've lived a long life, and when it is my turn to pass on, I hope to leave it a better one. 'Tis the duty of the Knights of the Nine. But, tell me of yourself! We've been so busy with travel, we haven't had any chance to know each other beyond names. Tell me about this village, your duties as a Shinobi, this 'Naruto' you have such fondness for." He could tell from her tone of voice, and her choice of words, the 'idealistic young shinobi' was someone who she felt proudly of.

ARENA:

"Oh, excuse me, sir!" A voice shouted out before Artis could head inside. "Hello there! Welcome to the arena! I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. I know all the regulars, believe me." It was a wood elf with large pointy ears, a foot or two shorter than Artis was, and had blonde hair reaching down to his shoulders. "If you're here to watch the fights, you're going the wrong way. It's the other door to get to the seats." He pointed to the other wood door behind him, so at least Artis was going the right way to find the gladiators.

WATERFRONT:

It was a guard that Scout would ask her question to, patrolling around the place. He stopped to listen to her, before answering, "Right over there," he pointed to the ship on far left side of the docks. "It's called the Bloated Float inn, the bar there is usually empty around this time of day. Though, fair warning, some unsavory types have come to port here." He then looked over to the ship on the right side port, near where Layyel had sat down to enjoy the calming scenery. Some crates were being offloaded by humans and a dark elf, carrying steel cutlasses holstered on their hips. Pirates. "And they're not very friendly to strangers. So, word to the wise, stay clear of their way."

One of them would spot Layyel along the shoreline, after he placed one of the bigger crates to the side of the port. "Oi!" He shouted to one of his mates. "The heck is that?"

"Looks like a domesticated troll." The dark elf shouted back.

"Why's it wearin' a helmet then? And a cloak?"

"Maybe it needs special care." She joked. "Just leave it be, maybe its owner went to take a piss somewhere."

Of course, he didn't. Instead, he picked up a pebble off the ground, played with it in his hands for a few seconds, measured how far he was from it, which was around 15 feet maybe, and gave a good throw at Layyel's head. It hit his helmet along the backside, making a nice pong noise. "Hehe!" He chuckled, feeling impressed with his rock throwing skills.... the prick.

MARKET PLACE:

As Alistia walked about this section of the Imperial City, what usually would be bristling with life was somewhat quiet. A few people here and there, but most people were being told by the city guards that they were setting up curfew with the sudden news of the Emperor's death. One conversation could be overheard nearby, between a Dark Elf and another city watch guard. "Are you sure it him?" She asked.

"Yes, ma'am, but I don't know if you'll be able to catch him in time. He was on his way to the prison last I saw him, and the curfew won't allow you in there." The guard told her. The elf looked to Alistia, as her appearance was eye-catching thanks to her white attire. The guard turned around, and commented, "she was with him, however. Maybe she could help you?"

"I'll give it a try. Thank you, ser." She told him, as the guard nodded and walked off to attend his other duties. "Excuse me!" She called out to Alistia. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to trouble you, but are you one of the Knights of the Nine?" Callintus group from this world he lead.

TALOS PLAZA:

"Well...." The peasant said hesitantly, looking around as the guards gathered up people still outside as they set up curfew. "It's not my place to say. I only hear rumors." She still didn't quite trust Hei, but no Imperial Guard would wear something like his. Maybe a spy? "I do know folks down by the waterfront owe him lot's. Him and the Thieves Guild. But that's as much as I can say, really."

OUTSIDE THE SEWERS:

The five would journey down the sewer tunnels lead to the bright lights just beyond a simple gate. It was unlocked, and to say the sun felt good against Shakira's scales was an understatement. Being cold-blooded in a damp and dreary cell under rock and stone wasn't exactly ideal. Now, he was free once again. Jin, meanwhile, couldn't help but feel a sense of amazement at the new world before him; slowly removing the mask that covered his face.

b4fhn63tns811.jpg

"Amazing." Where did he end up? Talon then spoke up with a question. "I serve no council. And if I did, I doubt it would be one you could recognize." He told her, turning to face the lizard. "I am Jin Sakai, of Clan Sakai. Nephew of Lord Shimura. But, it's unlikely that name will mean anything to any of you, if I am correct in assuming I'm no longer in Japan."

"What gave that away?" Shakira asked sarcastically, walking across the dock to where one of the boats were tied up. He pulled out his knife and began trying to cut the rope that tied the two together.

"What are you doing?" Jin asked.

"Getting as far from here as I can." Shakira simply told the group. "No offense, but I don't feel like babysitting a bunch of strangers who randomly appeared in a sewer. We're better off on our own."

"You mean you're better off without us." Jin pointed out.

"Guilty." Shakira admittedly. "You already have her," he pointed to Talon, the only other person from this world, "she can probably help you out a lot more than me."

Knights of the Nine? Did they mean the Knights of the Round? Alistia hadn't heard of such a group before but, obviously, it was important in this world.

"I'm sorry, but I am not. I am a member of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, Second Lieutenant in the Order of the Twin Adder, hold rank in multiple guilds, and have many other titles, but a Knight of the Nine is not one of them." she replied keeping a polite and respectful tone. "I... Suppose all those titles hold no relevance to you though. I did overhear some of your troubles though and that a man was being sent to prison? I assume you came to me believing I could assist in some matter regarding that? If so I'd be more than willing to offer aid to all."

It wasn't what was needed especially given their goals; but what else was she to do? Wander around aimlessly until she walked dab-smack into a clue? For all she knew this was related to that. "Please, how can I assist?"

"Amazing." Where did he end up? Talon then spoke up with a question. "I serve no council. And if I did, I doubt it would be one you could recognize." He told her, turning to face the lizard. "I am Jin Sakai, of Clan Sakai. Nephew of Lord Shimura. But, it's unlikely that name will mean anything to any of you, if I am correct in assuming I'm no longer in Japan."

"What gave that away?" Shakira asked sarcastically, walking across the dock to where one of the boats were tied up. He pulled out his knife and began trying to cut the rope that tied the two together.

"What are you doing?" Jin asked.

"Getting as far from here as I can." Shakira simply told the group. "No offense, but I don't feel like babysitting a bunch of strangers who randomly appeared in a sewer. We're better off on our own."

"You mean you're better off without us." Jin pointed out.

"Guilty." Shakira admittedly. "You already have her," he pointed to Talon, the only other person from this world, "she can probably help you out a lot more than me."
Talon
Imperial City - Lake Rumare

"Not so fast," Talon spoke, holding up her hand, the other one gripping the hilt of her blade. "While I might have been... Overzealous, I am not certain I should let you go on your way before you explain this situation, seeing as you seem to know far more than us," She gestured to the group, still filtering out of the sewers.

She was familiar with the landscape, and the giant tower in the middle of a sprawling city. The Imperial City of Cyrodiil had changed since their last visit. No longer was the white-gold spire chipped and cracked, scorched with dragonflame - Instead it was pristine, as if it had been untouched by the ravages of war.

The Tsaesci could see clearly that something had changed.

"I am Grandmaster Talon, of the Emperor's Dragonguard. By order of his Majesty, tell me what year it is."

Hei

The Contractor nodded at the peasant's words. "I'll be going then. Curfew's starting up, go and get a room at the inn with the coins." He dropped a couple more into the container. Hopefully enough to get a room for herself. "If you have trouble, ask for a Knight called Callintus, but do not tell him I am seeking the Fox for answers on who's responsible for what happened with the Emperor, only that I sent you to get shelter, do not tell anyone. I suspect it's someone within the guard, but need an outside source to confirm it."

Hei was still thinking about who could be responsible could only be someone who had inside information concerning Guard and Evacuation tactics. So he would walk away, following the signs toward the Waterfront, looking for more peasants or perhaps someone who looked like they'd know what's going on.

He did notice that others of the group were gathered, the giant being hit by a stone from the docked ship. That could be a problem. He walked over to Scout and Layyel, bending down to pick up the stone the pirates threw. If he stood aside, it'd be dishonoring what the girl from Russia and others who sacrificed everything for him.

Unlike the poor soul on the ship, Hei didn't need to guess his aim, too many years with experience granted him uncanny accuracy as he threw the stone right back. Hitting the pirate that threw the stone right on the nose with a bit more force.

"Learned anything, Scout?" He said to her, not breaking eye contact with the pirate. No doubt this was going to get bad, hopefully staying to hands only, but with how they could use weapons, he had no doubt how south things could get.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin @BazusoTheGrey

Last edited:
Scout

It seemed this “bloated float inn” was the place to gather if someone wanted to gather rumors. The guard then continued, gesturing towards the pirates offloading and loading gear for their ship. They seemed to be harmless, that was until one of them chose to throw a rock at Layyel. “Thank you sir, excuse me for one moment.” Scout said to the helpful guard, before walking over by where Hei had retaliated with a rock of his own. Hei ventured the question of scout had gathered anymore information from the waterfront, to which she replied “Yes, but I’ll tell you about it after we’ve dealt with these stupid bastards.” Scout then took a step forwards and bent over to the ground. A dull blue light glowed around her hand as she touched a part of the wooden dock, once it had disappeared, a section of the dock was gone and Scout now had a cone in her hand resembling a megaphone. She put the object to her mouth and then shouted into the thing “I’ll give you two choices,” Scout raised two fingers, “You either apologize and go back to work or…” Scout put down her index finger, leaving the middle finger in the air “...or you will be leaving this waterfront with more broken bones than you came in with,” Scout finished by fuzing the megaphone back into the ground. Scout was already out of sorts due to having lost her sense of thought in the square, and now these guys were attacking the dude that pulled her out of it for no reason other than the fun of it. She was not going to have any of that, she was going to teach them manners like the children they were

Tsunade- Character Sheet

A humble man. Tsunade smiles at realizing Callintus had this in addition to his other admirable traits.

“I come from the Village Hidden in the Leaf. Or, Hidden Leaf, as it is called more often.” Tsunade gives a small laugh. “It was formed by many clans who had been at war for generations, my clan the Senju and another, the Uchiha, at the head of all. As a shinobi, I personally had many duties in my time, but I was mainly a medical shinobi; I mended wounds in the field, saved them from death in the worst of times if I could. Naruto, heh…” Tsunade smiles and laughs again. “As I said, he saved me when I had lost my way and the village needed a leader, a Hokage. I had resigned myself to a life of gambling to support a life of wandering and drinking. He inspired me to believe in a better life for myself, serving the village I had left long ago.” She laughs again, louder this time.

“He dreams of being Hokage himself someday. And I do hope he does, after some more growing up. He is inspirational, sure, but his youth could still get in the way of being a true leader as the Hokage needs to be.”

Corvo Attano
Lake Rumare, northern bank

While Talon was interrogating the reptilian humanoid - an Argonian prisoner, the Heart informed him as he touched its warm fleshy chamber in his pocket, although he didn't press it for more information for now - the man known as Corvo passively observed their actions, arms folded, leaning against a wooden post. He was unmasked; a strange oddity that he was unused to, even among comrades.

He couldn't stop himself from looking around, hearing the calm soothing rush of the waves around them, and the distant twitter of birds. This world seemed to be, almost, in opposition of his old home.

Corvo was the first man to know appearances could be deceiving, but the calming pastoral landscape in front of them was nothing if not a peaceful one. The flowers of spring blanketed countless verdant hills, and the water under their feet seemed to be halcyon-pure, undisturbed and uncorroded by the industrial pollution of his former world.

He needed to return, and soon. Even if Emily was the Empress, and he'd secured plentiful allies and loyalists to aid her on the throne, she was alone. For all he knew, a new regent could take place, and that would not do. After all his work; the blood he'd spilled, there needed to be an end to the cycle of abuse.

After a minute of loitering, Corvo activated Dark Vision and then looked around their surroundings for anything of interest. His supernal acuity pinpointed a number of strange fish and mud-dwelling crabs; the latter were lazily sunbathing on the banks of the lake. There seemed to be lots of strange plants and underwater creatures that he'd never seen before; one weed in particular, at the bottom of the lake, seemed to almost undulate, as if breathing like a human lung.

There was also a white ruin on the other side of the lake; his sight couldn't easily pierce through, for some reason.

There were people there, sitting in an encampment and seemingly laughing with each other. It seemed like they were armed, but that didn't seem uncommon for this world.

LAKE RUMARE:

"Lady, I know just about as much as you do over who those men are back there. Nadda." He told Talon, finally cutting the rope and putting his right foot in the boat to make sure it didn't float away. "Which is why we're better off on our own. Bigger group means a bigger target, and I for one don't feel like dying just as I escaped a sewer."

"And yet, I can see a gold chain dangling from your pocket." Jin pointed out. Shakira looked down to his pouched, and indeed, a few inches of a gold chain was hanging out of it. He quickly put it back inside, being careful not to show them what the chain was attached to. "I doubt you stumbled upon whatever is inside your pouch." The Samurai could see a thief in front of him.

"And what's your business about it? Your all strangers, hiding away in the sewers just like me! How do I know those men weren't after you too?" Shakira accused.

Jin didn't even have to say anything. He simply stared down the Argonian, as his immediate panic was revealing enough of his lie. Then popped in Talon's question of the year, which changed Shakira's aggression to confusion. What's a Dragonguard? "433 of the Third Era?" He answered.

MARKETPLACE:

"Oh, no no, it's an entirely different matter. My husband sent me to find Ser Callintus and see if he could help him, but... where are my manners?" She realized, putting her hands together to bow to Alistia.

"I'm Ralsa Narvalo. My husband, Gilen, was hopeful in requesting assistance from the Crusader himself in a delicate manner. Normally, I wouldn't approach a total stranger like this, but Gilen seemed so insistant. Please, forgive my audacity. If you are willing to help, I hope Gilen will accept it. He always tends to exaggerate, but in this case he sounded earnest, which worries me a bit. He said it was a matter of the utmost importance to the citizens of the Imperial City."

WATERFRONT:

The pirate kept laughing to himself for his incredible aim, and when he bent down to pick up another to throw, wanting to hit the top of Layyel's helmet, that's when Hei's stone smashed his nose; breaking the skin along the bridge, and causing him to shout out in pain as he stumbled back and dropped the rock. "AHHH!... You friggin' bastard, you're gonna--" He started shouting, only for Scout's megaphone to drown him out.

If nothing else, the attention it was drawing certainly didn't help, as two guards came walking by to see the scene unfold, along with citizens coming outside to witness what the little lady was shouting about. The other pirates on board weren't thrilled with such attention, and the prick himself went from angry to worried, cowering in his boots. When she finished, the female dark elf on the board came over to him, grabbed his ear, and pulled him back board the boat. "Ah! Ow! Ah, hey, stop that--" He kept saying to her through muffled noises, as he had one hand holding his nose to stop the bleeding.

"You keep this up, that nose won't be the only thing broken!" She quipped back at him.

"You'll be sorry!" Was the last thing he shouted at Scout and Hei, before being pushed down into the ship's hull.

PRISON PATHWAY:

Callintus chuckled alongside her as she told him of this 'Naruto.' "I can certainly relate to such adolescence. My youthful days were spent in the family wine cellar, or in the master bedroom with a woman by my side. I spent my family's wealth on personal luxuries that I believed fulfilled my lack of ambitions in life, but always found them shallow and pedantic. Didn't stop me from indulging in them, but I was too ignorant, or just too lazy, to seek out some sort of path that gave me gratification for my soul. Even saying that, 'pursuits of spiritual happiness,' would make me laugh. I took the divines for granted, for... well, believing they didn't care for mortals." He confessed.

"Youth, as vigorous as it can be, is but a gateway to cynicism. It's easy to be angry at the world, and be set in your ways well before you reach our age. It's important to keep hope in your heart, that as dark as things can be, the tomorrow brings about the light once again." Tsunade could see a change in his demeanor. He sounded more somber, yet kept his smile in place, not because he was faking it, but rather it was a thankful smile. That he came out the other end of that darkness a better man, not a bitter one.

Last edited:
Talon

"So you are a thief," Talon said, looking pointedly at where the golden chain hid, yet didn't further comment as both the Argonian and the Warrior continued to converse, watching the two of them with a passive expression - Or at least until Shakira turned and answered her question.

Her eyes widened a fraction, then narrowed into a hostile stare as thoughts rushed through her mind, finally settling on one thing.

"The Oblivion Crisis..." She hissed; a long, drawn-out sound that emerged from her throat. "This should be impossible... Yet."

Talon's gaze was drawn back to the White-Gold Tower, then looking back the way they came from, eventually settling on Shakira - Or more specifically, the chain he had in his possession.

"The Amulet of Kings," She spoke out loud. "You are the Hero of Kvatch."

ARENA:

"Oh, excuse me, sir!" A voice shouted out before Artis could head inside. "Hello there! Welcome to the arena! I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. I know all the regulars, believe me." It was a wood elf with large pointy ears, a foot or two shorter than Artis was, and had blonde hair reaching down to his shoulders. "If you're here to watch the fights, you're going the wrong way. It's the other door to get to the seats." He pointed to the other wood door behind him, so at least Artis was going the right way to find the gladiators.
- Artis Solum, Twilight Warrior - Arena

Just before Artis could head inside, a voice called out to him belonging to what appeared to be an elf! He had only seen Elves in stories, never did Artis believe that he would finally meet one! His excitement had to be contained for now though, even if his expression did visibly brighten upon seeing the wood elf. "Oh you wouldn't remember me, I'm new around here." Artis replied to the wood elf's first comment, then he'd raise his eyebrows in surprise at being told that this was the wrong entrance.

"Really? Oh I'm sorry, still finding my way around town, heh heh. Thank you." He would express his gratitude with a bow of the head and begin to turn around, but then something occurred to him and he would face the wood elf once more. "So wait...where does this door lead, might I ask?" Artis asked curiously.

@Wade Von Doom

Scout

The confrontation with the ruffians at the docks concluded in a much easier manner than scout had expected. The intimidation attempt was way more successful with a megaphone. The man who was throwing rocks shouted angrily as he was dragged away by another deckhand, but that was about it.

Scout glanced over at Layyel to see if he was alright, but didn’t say anything. Once she had gauged he was somewhat ok, she turned to Hei. “Well, now that that issue is dealt with…” Scout began to say, clapping her hands together to get the dust off of them. “The information I have is that rumors can be gathered at that place over there-” Scout pointed to the inn as she spoke, “-it’s called the bloated float inn, and the guard I spoke to said that it is emptier during the day, but people begin to funnel in at later hours in the day. I think it’s a great place to start gathering more info.” Scout said, turning back to hei to see his reaction.

Tsunade- Character Sheet

Tsunade listens to Callintus relate and reminisce about his youthful days. The former Hokage thinks about her own carefree youth as ‘Princess Tsunade’; her more somber years in the war; the years as a vagabond leading up to her time as the Fifth Hokage.

“I think we are of a kind, Callintus. I will admit I was a spoiled girl once upon a time. I was the first grandchild, and my grandfather spoiled me badly. He passed on his gambling addiction before he passed on his greatness as the First Hokage” Tsunade laughs and sighs “When I felt I had lost too much in my life as a shinobi, I became that spoiled gambling girl again. I felt it made more sense, and hurt less, to gain and lose in gambling than it was to gain and lose in life.” Tsunade smiles again at Callintus.

“Lucky me, that I met Naruto. He is a youth who has rejected cynicism, and only seems to be angry at stubborn obstacles.” Tsunade laughs again, louder.

Lake Rumare:

"The what?" The Argonian first asked, leaning in slightly and tilting his head. She seemed flummoxed by whatever revelation she was having, and when she spoke of the Amulet in his pocket, he first grew concerned she would do something rash, only then to call him 'the Hero of Kvatch.' "Lady, I think you're confused." Shakira told her, putting his hand over his pouches flap while backing up.

"What are you talking about?" Jin asked next, wondering what Talon meant by this crisis and hero that stood in front of them all. If this was a hero, the definition must be different in this world.

Arena:

"The Bloodworks. It's where all the arena combatants train for their matches and organize the fights." The Elf explained. "If you are interested in being a combatant, you're more than welcome to go down. Though fair warning, the fighters don't take kindly to strangers right off the bat, especially Owyn, the Blademaster, the man you'll want to talk to. If he doesn't see you as fighter material, you're always welcome to watch and take bets. That's my job, you see." He even patted the wooden chest between both doorways where the gold for all bets are stored.

Prison

Callintus laughed along with her, relating to such humor. "My youngest son is just like that!" He told her. "If he can't smash his way through something, he'll just keep smashing it until it breaks, his sword does, or he just gets tired out like a toddler." He joked, laughing once more. Their short walk finally ended when they came upon the prison section's doors, where two guards waited outside.

Callintus waved to them, and both opened each door. "I tell you, you're a fascinating woman, Miss Tsunade," he complimented, "Whenever we finish my business here, we must continue our discussions. Perhaps lunch?"

1622683367311.png

Once inside the district, Callintus made his way over to where the Watch Captain's offices were. He knew exactly which one Lex was in, and knocked on the door. No answer though. He knocked again, shouting through it, "Lex? Are you there?" The door flew open, "Will you be quiet--" A man in white armor first shouted, only to stop himself upon seeing who he was shouting to. "Callintus? My word, I'm so sorry-- Forgive me!" The captain bowed before him.

1622683849033.png
"Calm yourself, Lex, I forgive you. I imagine you're under severe stress with today's events." Callintus commented.

"We got the word of the emperor's death but an hour ago. Since then, we've been busy here coordinating our men across all the districts to find any evidence of who could've done this!" Lex explained, noticing Tsunade behind him? "Who's this?"

"Oh, a new friend of mine! Tsunade, Hieronymus Lex. Captain of the Waterfront Watch." Callintus introduced.

"A pleasure, ma'am. Forgive my tone a moment ago, I wasn't expecting visitors. Especially one as highly regarded as Cadorna."

Talon

"The Hero of Kvatch," She repeated, her eyes fixed on the Argonian with an intense gaze. "The one who aided Martin Septim in sealing the Oblivion Gates - Permanently."

Talon walked towards him, reaching into his pouch in spite of any of his objections, withdrawing the Amulet of Kings and holding it high. "It is your Destiny to take this to Jauffrey at Weynon Priory - To save Nirn from its eventual destruction at the hands of Mehrunes Dagon."

She had noticed his doubtful look: Like that of a rabbit about to take off from a predator - Given the circumstances, perhaps it wasn't so ill-fitting.

"Do this, and you shall have my sword until the Journey's End."

Hei
At the docks with Scout and Layyel

As Scout responded to his inquiry, Hei finally turned away from the boat that the pirates were on, the group having descended into the depths of their boat.

"Bloated Float. Sounds like a good lead, question is. Who goes in and gets information and who stays outside so no one messes with Layyel?" He passed a glance at the aforementioned giant, knowing that if they left him alone, no doubt those pirates wouldn't hesitate to make trouble, or some drunken fool would stumble out and think Layyel was a threat, to which the giant could reply in kind and lead to a whole bunch of problems for the team at large.

Who knows, maybe they could get a lead on who was responsible for the Emperor's death, or at the very least. Get info on this 'Grey Fox' character, for if this legendary thief was all that he was claimed to be, running a Thieves' Guild, then more than likely this same man had eyes and ears everywhere. And that could help them in the long run in solving the mystery at hand.

@Wiggin @BazusoTheGrey

Corvo Attano

Corvo wasn't completely sure he understood what Talon was saying, but from the looks of it, the lizard-person in front of him - the one with this Amulet of Kings - was going on some quest to save the world. It felt like something right out of a fantasy book.

He was never one for fantasy books or escapism. He was a hard-boiled realist, training in the blade since his teenage years, acting as a watchman or warrior for almost the same time, whether as Lord-Protector or as an assassin.

"Then I'll join you as well," Corvo said. But even so, his duty was to people - whether those of Serkonos or Dunwall or anywhere else, it mattered not. In the absence of his own home, he could help those who lived here. "You have my blade, and my magics, Hero."

"Well, I can hardly refuse a request like that." said Alistia with a warm and friendly smile. As much as she hated to believe the idea that a person like herself would just accept aid... well... did she hate that? Didn't matter. With no ability to know more about the world it wasn't as if she had much in the way of knowing what she should be looking out for.

"Alright. I have never seen this man before, but gauging by his title I assume he's got some sort of noble status. That means it's unlikely he simply went somewhere completely unnoticed assuming this is where he's from. People would know his face. But what is this matter you need his help with? That would help me figure out where he might be or, potentially, make it so I can help in his stead. If it's a matter of combat I am quite capable despite appearences, and even more-so in matters of healing. Though I doubt a 'Ser' would engage in that sort of thing. But, otherwise, just tell me what's needed or how I can help and I will do my best!"