The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Chapter 1, Mission 1: Jaws of Oblivion

Once Corvo realized there was someone making sounds behind them, they'd noticed the splashing noise came from down the waterway, around the corner, as someone was running. The sound of feet clicking off the stone ground got closer and closer, until eventually the one running finally appeared. An Argonian. He was looking behind his back as he came towards them, not noticing Talon and Corvo until he was a few feet away. Once he did, he stopped in his tracks; quickly pulling out his short sword. "Who are you!?" He shouted, not thinking they were whoever his attackers were, since they certainly didn't dress like them. "What are--..... What?" He was very confused by the still living blade next to Corvo, as Talon was dressed like one.

From behind Corvo, using an invisibility potion, someone tried sneaking up on him with a knife, planning to stab the assassin in the back. And behind the Argonian, his chasers appeared.

oixkyzvkgqi21.jpg

Three, to be specific. One carried a short sword, two with a sword and shield. The Argonian slowly tried backing up, not wanting a fight. "Kill them." The first chaser ordered, before, they all charged.
Talon
Imperial City Sewers

The moment the Argonian appeared, Talon already had her blade at his throat in the blink of an eye.

He looked like a thief. Smelled like one too, as she had to stop herself from blocking her nose the moment she had his scent. Instead, she simply gave him a snarl full of teeth.

"Your presence offends me, criminal. Tell me why I shouldn't free your head from your body?"

Though the question was quickly drowned out with the appearance, and dispatching, of several members wearing some manner of Daedric armor - Familiar in a way that she couldn't quite tell yet - The only remnants of their ambush being a pile of ash and two disposable sources of information, which Talon was quick to knock out before they could rise yet again.

Finally, she turned to regard the newcomer, snorting disdainfully at his words. "Careful, wretch. I care not for your enchanted toys, but threaten me again and I'll have your head on a pike."

Eventually, she sheathed her weapon, using her immense strength to carry both of the unconscious assassins by the scruff of their necks. Looking back coldly. "If you wish to stay in this stink, then be my guess. But I am leaving."

@Birdsie @Valkan

Last edited:
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Scout
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

It made sense that they wouldn’t be allowed into the sewers, but Scout’s thoughts still had a haze covering them from the last encounter. She was rubbing the back of her head, trying to make sense of it still when Hei spoke up about researching in the library. That would be a good place to start, and searching for places where criminals gathered after looking would also be a good idea. “That sounds like a good plan… I’ll head with you and assist, if you don’t mind” Scout said to Hei. She put away her extended polearm at this point, realizing it was still out. “Are there any other places that would be of interest?” Scout then said, clapping her hands together and looking over at Callintus.

Reactions: The Wanderer
Ronan Leinster

Ronan continued to walk towards the figures, treading carefully as he advanced. He perceived them as a man in fancy clothing, and a lizardfolk looking individual. He had not much time to ask for directions. None at all, being more specific. Another lizardfolk came running, with three military looking masked men, with a clear killing intent. Ronan narrowed his eyes focused even more on the scene unfolding. A good choice, because the man spotted a threat behind him, and didn't bat an eye to eliminate it, while donning his face with a somewhat grim skull mask. He shifted to position behind the ones noticed first, killing yet another one with the same ease, and downing the final two with a powerful gust of wind.
It didn't took the masked individual long to notice Ronan. Being spotted by the assassin mage, stealth was out the window. So, not knowing what was ahead, he instinctively activated his gauntlets and boots. Illuminating the surroundings with his white veil of energy as he did. Not showing signs of hostility, being merely wary instead, he responded "I don't wanna kill either of you, so there's that. An explanation as to why was I pulled out of Targia would be cool, though. Where even are we?" Even if they were really the bad guys, Ronan wanted to have some answers. He was not recognized, so it was unlikely that he was on Targia or neighbors to the country. Translocated? The lizardfolk, the assassin mage and himself looked to be from quite different places, that's for sure.
From behind Corvo, using an invisibility potion, someone tried sneaking up on him with a knife, planning to stab the assassin in the back. And behind the Argonian, his chasers appeared.
Corvo Attano The Dunwall Butcher
Imperial City Sewer

The assassin approached with bated breath, blade aloft to murder, when suddenly, Corvo half-turned to look directly at him. That was the last thing the assassin had seen, the final moment of his existence of Nirn.

He did not have the opportunity to live any longer, as nearly faster than the human eye could process, Corvo slammed his folding blade into the man's neck at an angle that drove it straight through his brain. The assassin's corpse dissolved into ash faster than it could start bleeding, so fast that most normal people would stare at the aftermath trying to puzzle together what happened, and in what order of events.

Corvo didn't stop there, however.

With tempest speed, he put his mask back on then seemingly blinked away from existence, his body collapsing into dark motes of gas, only to unfold back into form right in front of the running Argonian, interposed between him and the assassins like a human shield.

The foremost of the assassins dashed forward, testing Corvo's reaction times with his shortsword, but Corvo found the assassin wanting, easily deflecting the strike, only to step forward and to the side, jamming his sword into the man's neck. Before his corpse properly dissolved into ash, Corvo was already running forward, only to slide low, between the pair of assassins who'd raised their shields and blocked their visions in expectation of a frontal attack.

Corvo spun around as he rose from his slide, raised up his left hand, then slammed it forward, and with abandon conjured a gust of wind so powerful it tossed both assassins like ragdolls over the Argonian's head, and down beneath Talon's feet, completely at her mercy.

Those watching attentively might've noticed that the tattoo on his left hand kept glowing throughout the entire deed.

At the conclusion of the slaughter, the masked man turned around to face Ronan, standing in the darkness. "Based on your choice of attire, I presume you're not one of them. Were you translocated here, as we were?"

@Vulthurmir @Wade Von Doom @Valkan
Once Corvo realized there was someone making sounds behind them, they'd noticed the splashing noise came from down the waterway, around the corner, as someone was running. The sound of feet clicking off the stone ground got closer and closer, until eventually the one running finally appeared. An Argonian. He was looking behind his back as he came towards them, not noticing Talon and Corvo until he was a few feet away. Once he did, he stopped in his tracks; quickly pulling out his short sword. "Who are you!?" He shouted, not thinking they were whoever his attackers were, since they certainly didn't dress like them. "What are--..... What?" He was very confused by the still living blade next to Corvo, as Talon was dressed like one.

oixkyzvkgqi21.jpg

Three, to be specific. One carried a short sword, two with a sword and shield. The Argonian slowly tried backing up, not wanting a fight. "Kill them." The first chaser ordered, before, they all charged.
Talon
Imperial City Sewers

The moment the Argonian appeared, Talon already had her blade at his throat in the blink of an eye.

He looked like a thief. Smelled like one too, as she had to stop herself from blocking her nose the moment she had his scent. Instead, she simply gave him a snarl full of teeth.

"Your presence offends me, criminal. Tell me why I shouldn't free your head from your body?"

Though the question was quickly drowned out with the appearance, and dispatching, of several members wearing some manner of Daedric armor - Familiar in a way that she couldn't quite tell yet - The only remnants of their ambush being a pile of ash and two disposable sources of information, which Talon was quick to knock out before they could rise yet again.

Finally, she turned to regard the newcomer, snorting disdainfully at his words. "Careful, wretch. I care not for your enchanted toys, but threaten me again and I'll have your head on a pike."

Eventually, she sheathed her weapon, using her immense strength to carry both of the unconscious assassins by the scruff of their necks. Looking back coldly. "If you wish to stay in this stink, then be my guess. But I am leaving."

@Birdsie @Valkan

SEWERS:

Before he could answer either him or the other person with white hair, the other Argonian put a knife to his throat and threatened to decapitate his head. He froze in place, slowly raising his hands up, and preparing to explain he didn't want trouble. But his chasers caught up to him. And he wasn't looking to get into another fight, not while he was weak with hunger and only energy he had was used to make a break for wherever the sewer exit was. Yet, within seconds of each other, those three, and another who snuck up incloaked with invisibility, were taken out. Shakira struggled fighting just two with his randomly assorted weaponry. Yet, two were knocked out cold by the female Argonian, and the others turned to ash before their dead bodies hit the ground. This was no magic he had ever seen before. The only thing that came to mind for this quick killing assassin: Daedra worshiper.

"Be my guest." Shakira told Talon. She wasn't worth keeping around, but these other lads were. At least Corvo. "More are coming. If we head straight down this tunnel, we'll find an exit out, and I'll tell you whatever you want to know." He told Corvo and Ronan, keeping it quiet so Talon didn't hear as she walked away in the opposite direction.

He became distracted when he heard something though. A strange echo from down the tunnel behind them. The moment they turned, they'd see a light was coming their way. A bright red one. It was a fireball. Widening his eyes, Shakira quickly ducked to the ground, as the fireball flew right to where Talon was standing. When it hit, the fireball exploded, unleashing a fiery blaze that grew a few feet upon impact, and destroy part of the wall next to Talon. Dust covered them all from the destroyed stone, and when they could see again, more attackers were coming.

Many more. Twenty, by the looks of it. With one preparing another fireball in his hands to throw their way. Like hell Shakira was gonna fight that many, even with these strangers. He bolted down the tunnel, away from the attackers, and where the exit would be.
Hei/BK-201

The Contractor watched as Cal essentially went back to his cheerful self within a blink of the eye before Cal responded to him about his inquiry. Not too much specific information to properly discern who was responsible. Though when Cal mentioned the dream, that was a lead of sorts. Even if it meant Hei would have to go to whatever counted as a library here and do his own research. He was also going to have to get past the lockdown to get a peek into the sewers, even if it was an elite team of whatever origin, there were bound to be clues, or even an eyewitness down there.

Hell, he might even stumble on the murder scene and figure out the rest from there.

Then there was this Gray Fox character, whose infamy was so high he was hunted on sight. If this man was around as long as Cal had said, then most likely this man had connections or enough eyes on this city that he must've seen or heard something no matter who or what did the deed. But he was going to be a pain to locate and get him talking, he had personal experience with people who had gone underground, and depending on the individual and how skilled they were, they would only be found if they wanted you to find them. And that's in the future, where tech and the use of Dolls made locating people a breeze, this was magic and medieval at best.

He noticed Scout's odd behavior, before it was suddenly resolved. A line of questioning for later, but right now he had more important matters to get to.

"Cal, where's the library in this city, anywhere I can read up on such a dream or what the imagery meant? And where would the sewers be located, and where would I find a less than savory place for people of a morally gray area to gather?" He asked the Knight, he could wander around til he found what he was looking for, but that'd waste time and effort.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin @Amber Franklin @Snowtwo @BazusoTheGrey

"I'm afraid that will do you no good." Callintus explained. "The blood of Septim's is that of dragon blood, letting them see more than lesser man could ever read or study in any library. It's divine information through visions and prophecy, divination from Oracles, Seers, Farseers, Soothsayers, Prophets, those who hold a dedication to the Divines from years of worship. Uriel for years was always troubled by dreams, and even to men such as I, he never spoke a word of them to anyone. If he kept journals of them, they're locked away high atop the tower." He pointed to the main tower in the center of the city, the one that reached high into the sky.

"And there's no way we could get in there. Only high nobility, the counsel, members of the Septim dynasty, and scholars of the Elder Scrolls are allowed up there. Especially now, since there aren't anymore Septim's left." However, Hei would have a lead to follow. Callintus first chuckled upon him asking where he could find those less savory within the city. "Come now, Hei. A man like yourself should know that." He told him, as they passed by some of the market buildings in this section of the city. There was a beggar sitting on the ground, holding out a hand to passerby's and asking,

"Spare change, dear sir?" She asked the guard leading them. "I'm only askin' for enough to feed my kids." The guard didn't even bother looking her way, although Callintus snuck into Hei's hand a small bag of around 20 gold Septim's, the currency of the empire.

"The downtrodden of society could always use the help." He whispered, winking at him. Callintus had dealings with the Fox before. But, a story for another time. With Scout's question, they weren't too far from where the prison was. "Ask about the town. Gossip spreads fast, especially in taverns." He suggested. "If you wish, you can look around the city for yourselves. You're all easy to identify, so once I talk with my contact, none of the guards should bother you, and hopefully I can learn more about what they know, but if you want to get started on searching elsewhere, just speak my name to any guards that give you trouble, in case they don't get the message from the city watch. My name should at least make them think you're knights of the Divine, and they're not about to get on the bad side of them." He told them, giving a big smile. Even with the death of an emperor, his smile never faded. They were all ready to head off and explore, investigate this city and find out all the leads.

Made this old knight happy to be around such youth and vigor for adventure. "The Market Districts, Waterfront, and Arena are the best places to start, they'll be the most socially active, even during this lockdown. If you need any equipment," he checked to see how many Septims he had left, and.... not enough for everyone. "Ehhhhh, try finding some people who need help?" He suggested, unsure of what else to say. "People here are usually very good at rewarding help."

Before he could answer either him or the other person with white hair, the other Argonian put a knife to his throat and threatened to decapitate his head. He froze in place, slowly raising his hands up, and preparing to explain he didn't want trouble. But his chasers caught up to him. And he wasn't looking to get into another fight, not while he was weak with hunger and only energy he had was used to make a break for wherever the sewer exit was. Yet, within seconds of each other, those three, and another who snuck up incloaked with invisibility, were taken out. Shakira struggled fighting just two with his randomly assorted weaponry. Yet, two were knocked out cold by the female Argonian, and the others turned to ash before their dead bodies hit the ground. This was no magic he had ever seen before. The only thing that came to mind for this quick killing assassin: Daedra worshiper.

"Be my guest." Shakira told Talon. She wasn't worth keeping around, but these other lads were. At least Corvo. "More are coming. If we head straight down this tunnel, we'll find an exit out, and I'll tell you whatever you want to know." He told Corvo and Ronan, keeping it quiet so Talon didn't hear as she walked away in the opposite direction.

He became distracted when he heard something though. A strange echo from down the tunnel behind them. The moment they turned, they'd see a light was coming their way. A bright red one. It was a fireball. Widening his eyes, Shakira quickly ducked to the ground, as the fireball flew right to where Talon was standing. When it hit, the fireball exploded, unleashing a fiery blaze that grew a few feet upon impact, and destroy part of the wall next to Talon. Dust covered them all from the destroyed stone, and when they could see again, more attackers were coming.

Many more. Twenty, by the looks of it. With one preparing another fireball in his hands to throw their way. Like hell Shakira was gonna fight that many, even with these strangers. He bolted down the tunnel, away from the attackers, and where the exit would be.
Talon
Imperial City Sewers

The Tsaesci sneered at the Argonian's tone of voice. "I have little time to dawdle around, my Emperor needs me, and every minute I spend away from him his demise might reach ever closer."

By now, her prisoners had their armor dispelled, revealing the red robes of the Mythic Dawn. Talon barely had a moment to process the magic projectile hurtling towards her, so she used what was at hand. The cloth did little to protect them as the Dragonguard used one of them to protect herself from the incoming blast, being tossed backwards further down the tunnel.

Quickly returning to her feet, Talon threw off the burnt corpse of the Assassin to the side, drawing her sword and charging forwards with a wordless warcry. Her body felt invigorated as she rushed the Cultists, sidestepping the incoming Fireball with ease as she finally reached their position. Her Oathblade sang in her hand as she beheaded one of the Daedra Worshippers, the mage, feeling the Ebony edge cleave through the bound armor with ease.

Her Kiai pierced the air once again as she struck a second figure, his shout of pain being cut short made her heart beat faster, and the blood that splattered on her face slowly seeping into her mouth, where her tongue licked it up.

A primal feeling emerged as Talon blocked a summoned sword, three other Mythic Dawn members as she pushed her opponent back, with their weapons only bouncing off her Cuirass or scoring superficial wounds.

Last edited:
Tsunade- Character Sheet

So even this does not keep Callintus down for long.

Tsunade smiles back at Callintus and steps back from him as one of his admirers comes upon the group. The bow is interesting, as it is a custom she has seen only for the Daimyo and other nobles. Callintus is even addressed as ‘Lord’. This is fortuitous for them. She walks behind him and continues to listen; avoiding being enraptured by the city again as they have far more important matters that need their attention.

On hearing the proposal to split the group, and Callintus giving options, means to be helpful, Tsunade has to speak her mind.

“Is it wise to split up? If this unseen enemy could end a dynasty so swiftly, I do not feel it is. What if any of us face overwhelming force? We have no way to call for help.” Tsunade suggests to the others before, hopefully, anyone decides to leave.

Seeing the beggar in the market, Tsunade takes from her pocket a few Ryo coins and flips them into the open hand of the beggar in rapid succession. The writing may not mean anything here, but the gold in the coins may afford the beggar at least some comfort this day.

Reading the group, Tsunade concedes.

"If we are going to split up, we need some way to at least signal to each other when and where we need help. Is there anything in this market we could use for that?" She asks Callintus.

Alistia had stayed within the Tardis for now. It wasn't like she was hiding or something, that certainly wasn't the case. Rather, instead, she just had little to add. She took a deep breath though at last before she stepped on outside of the Tardis. She couldn't have known it but she was doubtless a rather odd sight to behold. While there was certainly a species within this world that combined feline and humanoid appearences they were in the exact opposite way of what Alistia was. That is to say Alistia, as a Miqo'te, would resemble a human mostly instead of a feline. Her tail and ears would be the only obvious sign to most with more aware people being able to notice her eyes and teeth weren't entirely normal. In comparison the Khajite were mostly feline with some humanoid features. It would look less like Alistia was a Khajite and more like she was some dumb imperial girl pretending to be one; possibly in a manner that would be highly offensive if anyone even cared.

However that wasn't on her mind in the slightest right now. She had no knowledge in the slightest of that. Instead she was focused on the Imperial City and how it reminded her of a certain city within her homeland. Sort of. Minus the snow. And, well, a completely different style of building. And everything else. It didn't really remind her of that city beyond the superficial feeling that it possibly should have. No matter. She had seen many strange places including many new and fascinating cities.

Still, she kept her quiet before she hurried to catch up to Tsunade. Upon hearing the comment her ears perked up.

"You mean like a Linkshell?" she interjected. "Those devices can transmit your voice across great distances with ease. I've yet to find an actual maximum range on them beyond leaving a dimension entirely behind. I wish I had more than my own but I didn't really have much of a reason to carry one around... But I do have the ability to send up a bright flare of holy magic. Would that help?"

Ronan Leinster

Ronan's somewhat relaxed expression turned sour upon hearing the white lizardfolk speak, quite arrogantly, while at it. He couldn't help but spit out "Try me, overgrown wall crawler." without thinking. She decided to take her leave, regardless, giving the more rational lizardfolk a chance to speak. Ronan nodded in agreement to him, but before they could make a move, more enemies approached, attacking without hesitation.
The best option he had at the moment seemed to be the male lizardfolk, so he sided with him for the time being. Surprisingly, instead of running away, the other one came back and charged at the enemy forces taking some of them out. Wanting to help out the assassin and the male lizardfolk, Ronan attacked as well.
First, he sent a crescent of white energy horizontally towards the middle of the group. As the crescent bisected three assailants and heavily injured a fourth one's abdomen, Ronan bolted past them in comet form, materializing mid-air, brutally spearing the last one of the formation with no warning. Noticing the noise of a comrade with a useless spine now, some turned to attack Ronan. He turned into a comet briefly to stand and face them. A sword slid through the air, attempting to cut Ronan from above. He made a slight sidestep and knocked the slash off target by hitting it with his armored left forearm preemptively, while quickly countering with a blindingly fast dash forward that delivered a lariat to the neck with the right. This move put him on the way of a thrust to the gut, so using the momentum of his lariat, Ronan spun counterclockwise to a side of his attacker and put that spinning to use in an elbow strike to the back of the head. Piercing the skull with the point at the back of his gauntlet.
It was then that he realized, these are pretty weak. Should he even be using Aeternumas? No, there could be something here that could be worth the use of his blessed weapons. So he allowed his last victim to fall and took a stance, ready for more opponents.

Scout

“Splitting up allows us to gather information with a wider spread, and we won’t be as conspicuous to those unsavory individuals that may still be here. As for communication, those strange boxes known as radios that the others in our group spoke of might be of assistance.” Scout replied in response to Tsunade’s question. Alistia seemed to have a good idea of communicating through a magical flare of sorts, even if that might draw attention to her for other people in the city. There wasn’t much the group could do, and Scout couldn’t communicate all that well with her transmutation magic.

“Well if we have nothing, we always have a place to rendezvous in case danger arises. We could also get the guards’ assistance, since sir Callintus has connections with them. But anyway, I am going to head to this waterfront. Is there anyone else that would wish to accompany me?” Scout asked, looking around the group. Tsu and Hei seemed most likely to head to the arena, being the ones who were more battle-minded. Scout guessed Alistia would head to the marketplace. Layyel, Artis, and Callintus were the ones Scout was unsure about.

Last edited:
After the tension died down, Layyel relaxed and went back to... spacing out and looking at the city. Really, that's pretty much everything he did while the group talked about stuff that he generally didn't find interesting.

After a little while, Layyel was pretty bored so he decided to shuffle away and poke the giant winged lizard statue until he caught something about a 'waterfront'.

Now that was probably something interesting. He didn't know what 'water' had to do with 'fronts' BUT he did know that water was an important thingy for important reasons. That and it felt nice when he fell into pools of it. The tinies that he used to travel with back home wouldn't let him do that a lot since they needed to drink the stuff for some reason, but considering that there was someplace with 'water' in the name, probably meant that there was a lot of water there!

Which meant that if there was a lot of water... there was a lot of water to fall into. Marvelous!

Shuffling backward, Layyel was then presented with the perfect excuse to go tripping into water when the small tiny asked for someone to head over there with her.

So, as scout turns to look at the rest of the party, she would bear witness to Layyel looming over her nodding vigorously as he pointed at himself then at her at rapid speeds.

Tsunade- Character Sheet

"You mean like a Linkshell?" she interjected. "Those devices can transmit your voice across great distances with ease. I've yet to find an actual maximum range on them beyond leaving a dimension entirely behind. I wish I had more than my own but I didn't really have much of a reason to carry one around... But I do have the ability to send up a bright flare of holy magic. Would that help?"

“Splitting up allows us to gather information with a wider spread, and we won’t be as conspicuous to those unsavory individuals that may still be here. As for communication, those strange boxes known as radios that the others in our group spoke of might be of assistance.”

“Maybe if we have time, we can try to make more of those Linkshells, or something like them.” Tsunade acknowledges Alistia’s contribution. “These radios some of our people have could be useful as well. Perhaps something in the middle. Either option is not possible for us right now. Hmm.” Tsunade thinks of the other options and sighs.

“It seems a rendezvous place, and using the guards are the best we have for now. That tower, the tallest, is our best place for that to meet. Should danger follow you, we’re sure to hear of it if we’re in any position to hear of it on your way.” Tsunade says and nods.

“Is that understood? Scout? Layyel?” She asks of the two who look to be leaving first.

“And, where are we going, Callintus? I’m staying at your side for now.” She says looking at Callintus as they walk.

- Artis Solum, Twilight Warrior - Imperal City, Talso Plaza -

Keeping quiet for a time, Artis listened closely to Callintus and the others talk, with the ever jovial Knight suggesting that they look around the city, something Artis visibly perked up at, being given leave to explore a new city in a new world was a joy that held no equal for him. Tsunade however made a good point regarding the assassins of the Emperor, who had also eradicated the entire Dynasty with ruthless efficiency and how splitting up might leave them open to attack.

"Can't say I fancy my chances against hired killers capable of annihilating an entire royal family in such a short time..." Artis openly remarked with a folded arm and hand upon his chin, harbouring a reasonable fear of being set upon by assassins, but a thought as to what he would do came to mind: "But I like the sound of paying a visit to the Arena. Always loved watching people duke it out." He spoke with an earnest smile to Callintus and arms lowered, with his left hand on its respective hip, but then his face fell into realization.

"...though I need to know where it is first." Artis added with a chuckle, remembering that he doesn't know this place at all and thus shouldn't be so quick to set off so blindly.

@Wade Von Doom

Hei

Hei listened to Cal explain the tower and what could be held in there, leaving a possible lead to follow later down the road. Then came perhaps something that struck Hei as odd. As while he had seen the homeless back in Tokyo, they've mostly faded. Mainly because the Contractor situation back home did leave multiple job openings in various needed occupations.

Namely the police force around the world, with one department in America literally losing forty of their number before the Contractor responsible was killed. It was so bad that they just trained you how to use a gun and the radio in some places. It made for corruption, and ultimately another tool for the secret organizations like The Syndicate to exploit. Which is honestly why he never had to use the poor as a lead. Even after he betrayed said organization, he just used old contacts and intel gathering on site to get details that he needed.

Taking the coins, he would give the beggar a good amount of them with the amount that Tsunade. "For your troubles." He said.

Letting the Beggar count the coins, Scout had elected to join up with him on his intel gathering, which would make Hei ask her. "Do you have experience with picking locks, stealth and the ability to fight with whatever you have on you?" He wasn't going to be taking someone on with him if they couldn't meet those three requirements, it was begging for trouble. But that was when later discussion changed the topic and Scout changed her mind about the accompanying him.

With that done, Hei turned back to the Beggar for what wisdom he could share with Hei that could lead him to this Fox, when he said the next thing for him. "Do you happen to have seen a Fox, he keeps the rats from eating up my crops and I want to make sure he's not in danger from the local wolves."

@Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @Wiggin @BazusoTheGrey @Snowtwo @Nero Kunivas

Last edited:
Tsunade- Character Sheet

“Splitting up allows us to gather information with a wider spread, and we won’t be as conspicuous to those unsavory individuals that may still be here. As for communication, those strange boxes known as radios that the others in our group spoke of might be of assistance.”

“Maybe if we have time, we can try to make more of those Linkshells, or something like them.” Tsunade acknowledges Alistia’s contribution. “These radios some of our people have could be useful as well. Perhaps something in the middle. Either option is not possible for us right now. Hmm.” Tsunade thinks of the other options and sighs.

“It seems a rendezvous place, and using the guards are the best we have for now. That tower, the tallest, is our best place for that to meet. Should danger follow you, we’re sure to hear of it if we’re in any position to hear of it on your way.” Tsunade says and nods.

“Is that understood? Scout? Layyel?” She asks of the two who look to be leaving first.

“And, where are we going, Callintus? I’m staying at your side for now.” She says looking at Callintus as they walk.

"We'll keep heading to the watch, find my contact and see what he knows." Callintus informed, smiling to Tsunade. To Artis' own question of how to get there, Calltinus pointed to where the net section of the city was, behind the massive doors separated them. "Just keep going forward there, my young keyblade master! It'll be hard to miss. You'll usually hear the crowds of people jeering on at this time of the day." Everything seemed settle, and people had an idea for where to go to get information, or simply explore the city and know it more, and Callintus was more than happy with the plan for if they needed to meet up again. "If we're settled on everything, then stay out of trouble, and keep an eye and ear out for anything you may hear. Good hunting!" He shouted to them all before they split up.

Hei

Hei listened to Cal explain the tower and what could be held in there, leaving a possible lead to follow later down the road. Then came perhaps something that struck Hei as odd. As while he had seen the homeless back in Tokyo, they've mostly faded. Mainly because the Contractor situation back home did leave multiple job openings in various needed occupations.

Namely the police force around the world, with one department in America literally losing forty of their number before the Contractor responsible was killed. It was so bad that they just trained you how to use a gun and the radio in some places. It made for corruption, and ultimately another tool for the secret organizations like The Syndicate to exploit. Which is honestly why he never had to use the poor as a lead. Even after he betrayed said organization, he just used old contacts and intel gathering on site to get details that he needed.

Taking the coins, he would give the beggar a good amount of them with the amount that Tsunade. "For your troubles." He said.

Letting the Beggar count the coins, Scout had elected to join up with him on his intel gathering, which would make Hei ask her. "Do you have experience with picking locks, stealth and the ability to fight with whatever you have on you?" He wasn't going to be taking someone on with him if they couldn't meet those three requirements, it was begging for trouble. But that was when later discussion changed the topic and Scout changed her mind about the accompanying him.

With that done, Hei turned back to the Beggar for what wisdom he could share with Hei that could lead him to this Fox.

@Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @Wiggin @BazusoTheGrey @Snowtwo @Nero Kunivas

The beggar smiled to both Hei's and Tsunade's contributions. "Thank ye kindly~" She crowed to them, looking over the coins. While she didn't recognize Tsunade's, she could feel that they were certainly made of gold from the texture of both the Septim's and hers. They would fetch a good price at a local market. But, Hei then asked his question. Certainly quizzical in his phrasing, but one she understood.

He didn't seem like a man of the watch. But, he could also be a bounty hunter. "Well, I can't rightly say, good sir. I've only heard mumblin's about such foxes, but I don' know if they'll be of any help." She was being coy.

Corvo Attano
Imperial City Sewer Brawl!!!

Corvo trained for almost his entire life in matters of combat, assassination, and protection detail. With the Outsider's mark, twenty opponents was something he could take, on a good day, but not when the opponents were themselves users of witchcraft. He was smarter than rushing in like a berserker; his greatest strength was surprise, and his greatest weakness was the same.

The assassin slipped into the shadows, undetected. He blinked across the back end of the sewer, careful to avoid the lines of sight of the assassins, too occupied with the serpentine woman to care for him.

Once he was in a good position, Corvo reached down to his belt and unclipped one of the grenades that Pietro had made for him. It wasn't often that he used explosives in infantry battle, often preferring their use against the Tall Boys, or other armored targets.

He cooked the grenade for a short moment, then tossed it at the largest grouping of their pursuers that hadn't reached Talon. With the relative, closed-off nature of the sewer, there wouldn't be anywhere for them to run.

@Wade Von Doom @Valkan @Vulthurmir

Hei

"I can assure you, I ain't out to cause the Fox to be run out of stock, just simply to see if they happen to know what's going on with the rats coming from the sewers. As they've recently hurt an Alpha of the wolves." He replied in kind to her coy message.

It was getting harder to message the beggar in front of him that he was asking to see this Fox so information could be gathered on the killers of the Emperor.

@Wade Von Doom

Talon
Imperial City Sewers

The Tsaesci sneered at the Argonian's tone of voice. "I have little time to dawdle around, my Emperor needs me, and every minute I spend away from him his demise might reach ever closer."

By now, her prisoners had their armor dispelled, revealing the red robes of the Mythic Dawn. Talon barely had a moment to process the magic projectile hurtling towards her, so she used what was at hand. The cloth did little to protect them as the Dragonguard used one of them to protect herself from the incoming blast, being tossed backwards further down the tunnel.

Quickly returning to her feet, Talon threw off the burnt corpse of the Assassin to the side, drawing her sword and charging forwards with a wordless warcry. Her body felt invigorated as she rushed the Cultists, sidestepping the incoming Fireball with ease as she finally reached their position. Her Oathblade sang in her hand as she beheaded one of the Daedra Worshippers, the mage, feeling the Ebony edge cleave through the bound armor with ease.

Her Kiai pierced the air once again as she struck a second figure, his shout of pain being cut short made her heart beat faster, and the blood that splattered on her face slowly seeping into her mouth, where her tongue licked it up.

A primal feeling emerged as Talon blocked a summoned sword, three other Mythic Dawn members as she pushed her opponent back, with their weapons only bouncing off her Cuirass or scoring superficial wounds.
Corvo Attano
Imperial City Sewer Brawl!!!

Corvo trained for almost his entire life in matters of combat, assassination, and protection detail. With the Outsider's mark, twenty opponents was something he could take, on a good day, but not when the opponents were themselves users of witchcraft. He was smarter than rushing in like a berserker; his greatest strength was surprise, and his greatest weakness was the same.

The assassin slipped into the shadows, undetected. He blinked across the back end of the sewer, careful to avoid the lines of sight of the assassins, too occupied with the serpentine woman to care for him.

Once he was in a good position, Corvo reached down to his belt and unclipped one of the grenades that Pietro had made for him. It wasn't often that he used explosives in infantry battle, often preferring their use against the Tall Boys, or other armored targets.

He cooked the grenade for a short moment, then tossed it at the largest grouping of their pursuers that hadn't reached Talon. With the relative, closed-off nature of the sewer, there wouldn't be anywhere for them to run.

@Wade Von Doom @Valkan @Vulthurmir
Ronan Leinster

Ronan's somewhat relaxed expression turned sour upon hearing the white lizardfolk speak, quite arrogantly, while at it. He couldn't help but spit out "Try me, overgrown wall crawler." without thinking. She decided to take her leave, regardless, giving the more rational lizardfolk a chance to speak. Ronan nodded in agreement to him, but before they could make a move, more enemies approached, attacking without hesitation.
The best option he had at the moment seemed to be the male lizardfolk, so he sided with him for the time being. Surprisingly, instead of running away, the other one came back and charged at the enemy forces taking some of them out. Wanting to help out the assassin and the male lizardfolk, Ronan attacked as well.
First, he sent a crescent of white energy horizontally towards the middle of the group. As the crescent bisected three assailants and heavily injured a fourth one's abdomen, Ronan bolted past them in comet form, materializing mid-air, brutally spearing the last one of the formation with no warning. Noticing the noise of a comrade with a useless spine now, some turned to attack Ronan. He turned into a comet briefly to stand and face them. A sword slid through the air, attempting to cut Ronan from above. He made a slight sidestep and knocked the slash off target by hitting it with his armored left forearm preemptively, while quickly countering with a blindingly fast dash forward that delivered a lariat to the neck with the right. This move put him on the way of a thrust to the gut, so using the momentum of his lariat, Ronan spun counterclockwise to a side of his attacker and put that spinning to use in an elbow strike to the back of the head. Piercing the skull with the point at the back of his gauntlet.
It was then that he realized, these are pretty weak. Should he even be using Aeternumas? No, there could be something here that could be worth the use of his blessed weapons. So he allowed his last victim to fall and took a stance, ready for more opponents.

As the three dealt with the assassins, Shakira kept running, already seeing the exit out of this damn sewer just up ahead a few dozen feet. The light shining through the sewer cave. It lead to a lake, it must've. But, even more assassins appeared, running in from the sides. Six in total, looking at Shakira directly. The Argonian held his sword out, waiting for one to strike, and as one began to approach, Shakira noticed a shadow behind said assassin. A small knife was pulled out, and quickly stabbed into the assassin's neck from the side, who gurgled with blood filling his throat and mouth, and fell to the ground face first. The others turned around to face the new attacker, shocked and surprised. It was a man. Wearing armor none of them had seen before, with a headband and mask covering his face. When two charged in to strike, he held out his blade, and waited for them to come closer.

giphy.gif

In a second, both assassin's fell to the ground dead. Such swift strikes in a matter of moments. The other three stood stunned for a moment, and the attacker was quick to act on their hesitation.

giphy.gif

Shakira simply stood there, in awe of what he just saw. Not even the best Imperial guards had such skill. Hell, he didn't even think the Blades had such skills, and he wielded his as if it were another arm. When the floor ran red, the swordsman, simply whipped his blade to the side, letting the blood on it fly off.

giphy.gif

"Are you alright?" He asked Shakira, who didn't answer immediately.

"U-Uh.... Y-Yes, I-I'm fine." He stuttered. Even though his skin was mostly scales, you'd think they'd have gone pale by his blood washing away from the shock he was feeling. With Talon, Ronin and Corvo, the remaining assassins were killed, and they had their way out just straight ahead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP ABOVE:

WATERFRONT:

88b31cae7bec8d1053e4ba9ef1efa89f.jpg

ARENA:

Imperial_City,_Arena_District.png

WALKWAY:

Leading her to the prison section of the city, Callintus took small and calming deep breaths as they walked, filling his lungs with fresh air once again. "Ahhhhh~" He hummed, a big smile on his face as he continued to have his helmet under his arm. "Been so long since I was last here." He told her. "The Knights of the Nine were reborn in Cyrodiil years ago, but my travels took me so far from here, it's been years since I last visited the Priory. I believe once we finish here, I'll pay it a visit, I believe I may be able to speak with them and have their aid in our quest."

Alistia nodded in agreement with the plan. "Alright. I'll head to the marketplace. I should be able to blend into the crowd with ease regardless and, even if not, I don't exactly look threatening. Plus I've got enough ear for everyone!" she said with a small wink and wriggle of her ears, causing them to stand up on end before returning to their 'neutral' position. Then, with that, she waved her hand. "If I get in trouble I'll send up a Holy Flare and promise not to hurt civilians. Otherwise, may the Twelve guide you safely." It wasn't exactly the most common goodbye but she figured it probably made enough sense given the context. With that, though, she was off.

As she walked along she made it a point to avoid looking at the White Gold tower directly. The reflected light hurt her eyes a lot when she tried to look at it directly. However the more important thing was her ears. Already they were up on end, swiveling about, doing their best to listen in to what everyone was saying as she made her way as best she could towards, what she assumed, was the market. The world itself seemed to be frustratingly similar yet different to her own. As if some being had similar parts but assembled the worlds in completely different manners. However she was starting to notice that there were a LOT of Hyur around here and very, very, little in regards to others. Of course the worlds didn't have the same races. That would be stupid. But it seemed like everyone here was a Hyur as well or, at most, part of a very small subset of Elzen, Roe, or a few... weird...beings that looked like lizardmen or felines that looked almost like inverted versions of Miqo'te, all feline barring a few humanoid features. She started to wonder if she should pull her hood up to hide her face and decided it was prooobably for the best before people started to give her weird looks.

Corvo Attano
Imperial City Sewer -> Imperial Isle Shore

With a brisk motion, Corvo pulled his blade out of the vulnerable spot in the assassin's shoulder, the wound spitting out blood with a nasty wet sound as he did. He looked up and observed as the rest of the team, including the new arrival, mopped up the rest of them.

Once the battle was finished - this time, with a feeling of more permanency - Corvo pulled off his mask, then took out a small blue flask, popped off the cork, and drank it in a single gulp. A spiritual remedy, to help with the constant use of magic.

"It seems we're in the clear," Corvo said, looking around. The Outsider's Mark on his palm flashed with reverberating, eye-searing brightness as he activated Dark Sight and looked around. He couldn't see much through the walls, other than a handful of giant rats, goblins, crabs, and other creatures that he wasn't sure he fully recognized. There were also some hagfish swimming around; or at least, they looked like hagfish. He wasn't quite sure if he could trust his knowledge of flora and fauna anymore, given some of the people there resembled snakes.

With nothing else to do there, Corvo walked in the direction of the exit, and finally left behind the sewer, emerging out of the grate on a shore. As he stood on the stones of the outside, he looked up, momentarily blinded. The world ahead of them struck him like a physical blow, in sheer overwhelming disbelief at its beauty.

Around them sprawled a brilliant world drenched in autumn-hued colors; color so thick that Corvo could feel it under his fingernails, a landscape like an Impressionist's lucid dream. There was a lake in front of them, a tremulous pool of soft blue waters, unstained and pure. Across the lake, a number of white spires and parapets, crushed and ruined, but reflecting the glow of the plains like ivory.

Far ahead, there were slight verdant hills, like nubs growing from the earth, with a blanket of mixed pine-and-leaf forests over them, and far beyond those hills, the giant's fingers of gray stone mountains in the north. There was no cool brume over the waters, but a soft melancholic wind, brushing against his bloodstained fingers like the caress of ancient spirits. Above him, the sun was like a wan golden ducat, releasing waves of soft radiance on his scalp and face. The pale blue sky was rich with clouds, ivory-white and astonishing in their texture and fluffiness. The air was light and slightly cool for noontime. The twittering of birds fell into his ears, like a rich and melodious song.

An atmosphere so unlike his home that he briefly considered if he was in another world, rather than another time.

@Vulthurmir @Valkan @Wade Von Doom

Last edited:
"It seems we're in the clear," Corvo said, looking around. The Outsider's Mark on his palm flashed with reverberating, eye-searing brightness as he activated Dark Sight and looked around. He couldn't see much through the walls, other than a handful of giant rats, goblins, crabs, and other creatures that he wasn't sure he fully recognized. There were also some hagfish swimming around; or at least, they looked like hagfish. He wasn't quite sure if he could trust his knowledge of flora and fauna anymore, given some of the people there resembled snakes.
Talon
Imperial City

"So it would seem," Talon spoke, cleaning her blade on one of the slain Cultist's robes. "We shouldn't dawdle, more could be coming any moment now. And as much as I appreciate a good fight, I have someone to protect."

She turned on her heel, marching down the sewers with her hand on her hilt, stopping briefly to grab the unconscious assassin by his foot, not bothering with the smoldering corpse of his compatriot. It was a shame that she only had one prisoner to interrogate, but she could make do with what she had.

Emerging from the darkness, Talon spotted the discarded bodies of several other Cultists - Their killer standing not far off conversing with the Argonian. It was a Man, no Mer features from what she could see, but the warrior had a distinct Akiviri look to him, like one of the many Human Slaves in her homeland.

The armor as well was a surprise. Talon could almost see him being part of the Tsaesci armies, leading charges for their Serpentine masters.

"And who is this, then?" She asks in her tongue, a flowing language that almost seemed similar to the Samurai's own. "You seem skilled with the blade, yet I see no banner. Do you serve under the Council, Warrior?"

- Artis Solum, Twilight Warrior - Imperal City, Talso Plaza -

Satisfied with Callintus's directions and advice, Artis nodded sharply with a smile. "Thanks, Callintus! I'll try not to get into trouble, though in my experience, it usually finds me. See you later!" Artis would then head in the direction of the Arena, through the massive doors if he recalled correctly, to the next section of the Imperial City.

As he made his way, Artis could already discern the vague and dull sounds of jeering and cheering in the distance, all seemingly coming from the large, round and pillar supported building accompanied by the statue of a presumably great man pointing upward to the sky. "This must be it." He said aloud, not being one to keep his thoughts inside, then he would continue along the path until he reached the Arena doors, pulling, then pushing them as the previous motion had failed, then stepped inside.

@Wade Von Doom