The Evolutionary Tree of Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seiji

Original poster
I found this picture and thought it was really cool!

DISCLAIMER: ABSOLUTELY NO FLAME WARS. If anything, this will be a civil discussion on the history of religions and their impact on culture and civilization. This will not devolve into who is better, what is better, what is truth, what is lie, etc., etc..

Thank you.

(Click to expand)​

d8ecc07e906127bf0fd4623504b7eca8.jpg

ANYWAY

I would just like to say that, looking over this chart, my families religious roots stem from Germanic, Vedic , and shenism decent.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
ANYWAY

I would just like to say that, looking over this chart, my families religious roots stem from Germanic, Vedic , and shenism decent.

Oh, so your family practices Heathenism? ;)

My father I know nothing of did...most of my Scandinavian roots stem from my biological father. My step fathers family is 100% Mongolian, so...I think I'm like, some sort if heathenistic-Druidic-Tao-Buddhist o.o

True heathenism I suppose isn't around anymore but I really enjoy the stories and Norse mythologies behind it. I hear Druids used to sacrifice humans like the myans did but I promise I am not participating in such activities I just like nature a lot so maybe that qualifies me for more of the neo-Druidism. Either way I can't pick just one religion amongst these four I have found my happy medium, and I don't worship any gods, I respect my Buddhist family and light candles once year to spend time with them.

Funny fact: my Asian family nicknamed me braveheart because my mother told them my last name was Scottish(wright) and I punched a boy in elementary school once and yelling "The gods will smite you" got me in an assload of trouble at school but my entire family was proud of me. Aside from giving the kid a bloody nose and fracturing my own finger, I was my Asian families little Viking pet and oddly learn everything about Norse and Greek mythology from them.

• Love
Interesting how Confucianism, Shinto, and Taoism came about at the same time. It might explain why the different religions share similarities.

Reactions: 2 people
This is kinda neat. Personally I come from a Christian family, but I don't... I don't really have very good experiences with it. I'm agnostic. I have no qualms with religion in general, I'm just naturally repulsed by it because of my parents forcing their beliefs onto me, I can't really help it.

• Thank You
Where the hell was this image when I was writing a dissertation on religious history last year. >;[

• Love
Where the hell was this image when I was writing a dissertation on religious history last year. >;[

The person who made this was probably doing theirs last year too.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.