The evil saga

The door opend up to the dinning hall, a magnificent hall worthy of a God. If his pride hadn't gotten in the way then Len would probably have stood there with his chin down at his feets. He forced himself not to stare around in the hall like a litle child at christmas. He looked at Rin wondering if she really was happy with this kind of things, all these clothes and furnitures, was it all that was needed to make her happy? Did she even need him? He just hoped the answer was yes, because he couldn't leave her now even if she wanted him to, now when he finally found her.

They walked in to the dinning hall, which probably could fit hundreds of people but mostly just had a couple of people in it. Len still couldn't understand how it had become like this, from them playing together in the grass to them now walking in a castle. If this wasn't a dream then what could faith have in store for them in the future. Something he soon in the cruelest of ways would find out.

He looked at his sister and gave her a smile, he should enjoy this moment he got with her, who knew how long it would last.

"This is Len," she told her advisers as she sat down. "He is my personal servant and will stay near me unless I say otherwise. He will have the rooms next to mine instead of staying in the servants quarters."

One of them opened his mouth to speak. "Really Princess do you think it wise? I mean-"

Rin glared at him. How dare he! "Len will stay with me. Do I make myself clear? Good."

Soon dinner had ended and Rin lead Len back to her rooms. It was early, but she was horribly tired; it had been an eventful and long day, but she did not want to sleep. She was scared that if she closed her eyes, Len would disappear and she would be all alone again.

Len one step behind her at her left side as she presented her for her advisers, they was a bit agenst it but didn't have the right to say anything if Rin, his sister, their princess, didn't said they could. He liked that he got a room so close to his sister but it still looked really suspicious if a new servant got a high rank and didn't need to sleep in the servants quarters. He thought maybe this was a bad idea. But if his sister wanted him close then he would never be more than a step away from her.

When dinner was over Rin lead Len to her room, Len walked in with her and made sure she went to bed properly. He saw on her that she didn't wanted to sleep even though she was tired.
"I will stay here untill you fall asleep, and when you wake up I will already be up waiting for you" He told her in a soft voice, as he sat down beside her on the bed and kissed her on the forehead. "I won't go anywhere, I promise"

He waited untill she had fallen asleep as he had promised, and some extra hours to be sure she wouldn't wake up alone. Then he started to walk around in the castle learning every inch of it, all the servants were sleeping so he didn't need to meet anyone and explain what he was doing. All the guards where outside all around the castle and the few that was inside already knew about him. After some hours he was done memorising the hole building, he had a great memory so it never took such a long time for him to do those kind of things. The next thing he did was going to the library and looked at the kingdoms history so that he would know what he was doing. It would take some weeks before he could learn everything perfectly but it was faster than the most.
When he noticed that the sun was on it's way up he started to do brioche as he had promised his sister, as always they was perfectly done. When they were finnished he went back to his sisters room, he hadn't even seen his own yet because of the long night, but he would definitly sleep in it the next night. Even though he was tired just the thought of his sister made him in strong spirit again.

He sat down on the side of her bed and waited for her to wake up, the brioche's was waiting on a plate in his knee. He didn't mind waiting, he enjoyed watching her sleep, now she looked exactly as she had done four years ago.

"You promise? You're not going to leave me all alone again?" she asked, her eyes heavy. Only when she was sure that he wasn't going anywhere she wouldn't be able to get to did she allow herself to fall asleep.

Nightmares plagued her that night. Dreams about the day they were torn apart warping into dreams about Len dying and leaving her all alone again.

Opening her eyes, she sighed in relief when she saw her brother sitting there. "Len" she murmered, blinking back tears. Her eyes lit up a second later. "Is that brioche?"

Len heard her saying his name in a reliefed tone. He looked down at her as her eyes lighted up as she saw the brioche's. Even though the sun had been up for a couple of hours, it wasn't before this moment that his own personal sun had gotten up. The sun wouldn't shine if his litle sister didn't, that's why he needed to protect her.
"As I promised you" He said and gave her the plate. "The best brioches in the kingdom" He continued and giggled at his own words.

Rin giggled, a bit of her relief leaking out. She'd been so worried that her dream had been real and that Len had been killed. 'It was just a dream,' she told herself firmly, 'just a horrible, terrifying dream. Len is right here and he's not going anywhere.'

Rin did not know it yet, but she had tempted Fate and Fate had other plans

She took a bite of the brioche. "Ah these are so good Len."

Finishing them, Rin got up and stretched before washing up and changing, ready for another day. She took her brother's hand "Let's go Len."

Len looked at his sister as she ate the brioches he had done, he enjoyed every moment he watched her. When she was finnished and was done changing she took his hand and pulled him with her.
"Where are we going" he asked wondering over the enthusiastic tone in her voice.

"Just to the throne room for now." she said smiling. It wasn't that exciting, true, but she was just so happy her dream had turned out to only be a dream. "And then later I have a couple meetings, but that's okay, because you'll be with me."

He laughed a bit when all they were going to do where going to the throne room, that must meen that she had missed him a lot of she were so excited for so litle when he was there.
"Yeah, I'll be with you, forever" He whispered quietly, not sure if Rin could hear him.

(Ooc: Shall we start on the next shapter and do a time skip a couple of month in to the future, to a bit before they meet the prince of blue and daughter of green? or do you want to let them have their happy reunion a bit more? :9)

"Yeah, I'll be with you, forever"

Rin smiled softly as she pushed open the door and they walked into the throne room. That was all she wanted. For her brother to always be there. As long as he was there, she could do anything.

((Next chapter would be a good idea. I think we've gotten as much as we can from this chapter without being too repetitive))

chapter 3 cruel destiny:

The month since Len arrived at the castle and found his sister again had pased by fast, it almost felt like he had arrived just a day ago. He had gotten used to the palace life as his sisters servant, if she didn't order it then he didn't leave her side even for one second when she was awake. While he had been there he had noticed how cruely she treated her people, but as long as she was happy then he wouldn't tell her to stop. But he always had a bad feeling about it, like something bad would happen very soon if they didn't stop what they were doing soon. Maybe it was already to late to stop it.

Len fast made his bed before going down to the kitchen to prepare the brioches that the princess would get her tea in the afternoon. Then he got the breakfast that the chef had made and carried it up to her room, before he had just waited on her to wake up but now when he had gotten used to the palace life he knew that she needed to get up at a certain time and couldn't lay in bed all day.
"Princess, it's morning and time to go up" He said while shaking her gently to make her wake. When she started to get up Len continued
"You need to prepare for the party tonight, people from every country will gather" Then he gave her the breakfast.

Rin grumbled a bit as she woke up. She'd been having a good dream. She perked up at the mention of the party. Her advisers had told her her it would help with alliances between the countries and they had been planning it for months and tonight it was finally going to happen. Rin was excited because this was the first royal party she would be a part of. The last one that had been held had been just a couple weeks after Rin had been brought here and she had not been far enough in her lessons to be introduced.

"Yes, yes." Rin said dismissively, starting to eat. She knew Len wouldn't take it personally, she'd never been much of a morning person and he knew that. "You'll be there if I need you right, Len?"

Even though they had been together for a month and their was no sign of him being torn out her life again, she still did not like having him too far away for long.

"Ofcours I will, I wouldn't be able to leave your side even if you wanted me to" He told her gently "But you surely remember that I need to go in to town to lead the way for some of our guests that never been in this country before, so I will be gone an hour or two. But I will be back before the party starts" He continued and sat down at the side of her bed "It will just be a couple of hours, so don't worry about it, okay?" He knew she didn't like when they were apart, and honestly he probably thought it was worse than she did.

(OOC: He will meet Miku in town, you can decide if you will make Rin force him to take her with him or if she will stay in the castle while he is in town ^^)

"I remember." she said. She didn't like it very much, but it's not like he'd be leaving the town; he'd still be near by. She'd be fine for a couple hours. She had been fine for four years without him, hadn't she? 'No' a small voice in the back of her mind told her. 'You were not fine, you were a mess. Those four years were some of the hardest on you'

"I'm not worried", she laughed. "You won't be gone that long right? I'll use that time to get ready. The time will pass quickly and then you'll be back."

Len smiled and patted her on the head "That's my big girl, I will be back in no time" He said kissing her on the head. "But I will be here a couple of hours more before I need to go." He continued and smiled even brighter at her. This kind of conversations between them was only possible when they were alone, which almost only were in the evening when Rin were going to bed and he waited for her to fall asleep or when Rin were going to wake up in the morning. He treasured this few moments the most, because that was the only time they both could tell eachother exactly what they wanted to.

She giggled, happy to have her brother to herself for a couple hours, and pushed her plate away, finished with her meal. "Then we have a bit of time today. I may be the ruler of this country -for the most part anyway- but my advisers told me to stay out of the way today while things get set up. After all a fourteen year old girl is still a fourteen year-old girl and there isn't much I could help with, even if I am the Princess, so you have me to yourself until you have to go lead the way for our guests and I have to get ready." She smiled widely, "So what did you want to do?"

"What I want to do?" He thought for a while, first he thought about teaching her how to do brioches but he threw that thought away fast, the other servants would need the kitchen the hole day for the party. And they couldn't act so friendly with eachother when others where around. After some thought about it he replied with a bright smile
"I want to do anything you want to do ofcours" Not the best answer but the things he could come up with was things the other servants couldn't see them doing.
"Do you want to ride on Josephine?" he proposed.

Rin squealed and nodded. In the past month since she had gotten the horse, Rin didn't have a lot of time to ride her as much as she would have liked. Of course, once the party was over with and alliances reaffirmed within the following week, she would have plenty of time, but that was not the point. The point was that she had not ridden the beautiful horse for more then ten minutes at a time since Len had given her to her.
"Yes of course."
Twenty minutes later and Rin was riding around on Josephine and laughing in a very un-princess like manner

Len took out Josephin from the stable and watched as his litle sister jump up at the horse with much less grace than a princess should do, she hadn't been riding Josephine in a long time so Len supposed that she was very excited about it, and he was right.
She laughed so innocently as she rode on Josephine, Lens heart almost melted as she saw her litle sister once more as the ten year old innocent girl he once knew. Both of them lost track of time and suddenly Len noticed that it wasn't much time left. The hours had passed as if they had been minutes.
"Rin, we need to get going now, you need to eat lunch and prepare for tonight and I need to go and meet them in town" He told her as time was short. "I told them to heat up the brioches to now, so if you hurry then they will still be warm when you get there" He tempted her to make her get going back faster.

Rin pouted when Len told her their time for fun was up for now, but it was playful, no real hurt or sad emotion behind it. "Oh all right." she slid off Josephine and handed the reins to her brother so he could put her away before they both headed back to the castle. It had been fun, being with Len and just having fun, but she needed to start acting like the princess again.

After eating her lunch as fast as she dared, Rin headed back to her rooms to go get ready, leaving her brother's side at the front gate with a murmurered "You'll be back soon right?" before he left to go greet their guests.

Walking back to her rooms alone for the first time in a month, Rin sighed as she shut the door and then slid into a hot bath