The Epic Quest!

Ah, that reminds me. The first time I roleplayed on a forum, my character met up with a viking barbarian. He was quite nice of course o.o in his own axe swinging way lol.

Professionalism from a viking barbarians perspective: Staggering through the battlefield drunk on victory, screaming a battle cry and covered in blood. That's Casual Monday.

159fe899fc1182e45644fd37b43d0bd6.jpg

First & Last Name
Hesperus Sirius Astre

Nickname(s)/Alias
Hes

1.5 billion, though has only been in humanoid form for around 25 years.

Species
Fallen star

Home World
Astre, a planet covered in 2' blue grass, some fresh water, and little else but the stars that walk aimlessly across its surface.

Physical Appearance
As befitting a celestial being, Hesperus's pale blue skin is constantly glowing with a heavenly light that can be concentrated through different parts of his body if he should so choose. Silvery eyes shine out of a kind face framed by a mane of long, white hair that seems to float around his head like a shimmering halo. Although he stands at a towering 6'5", Hes weighs a mere 90 pounds due to hollow bones like a bird. His movements are graceful, and his mannerisms elegant. Alternate picture.

Character Traits
Peaceful
It is not within Hesperus's nature to fight or act with violence. He is very non-confrontational, and will only hurt another creature on accident or in defense.
Curious
There are many things Hes does not yet understand, but he has a passion for learning and actively strives to expand his knowledge of the universe.
Aloof
To a star with a very large perspective on the universe, most worldly issues seem small and insignificant in light of the greater scheme. On the one hand, Hes does not judge others based on their past mistakes or character flaws, but on the other hand, he has trouble being sensitive toward others' plight.
Innocent
With no company but his brothers and sisters since falling out of space, Hesperus has not experienced corruption. He is easily trusting, easily forgiving, and has a generally optimistic outlook on the future.
Detached.
As a being that has spent most of its life in isolated space, Hesperus doesn't always see the benefit in making personal connections and forming attachments to others. Although he treats those he meets with respect, it will take some time for him to realize the importance of lasting relationships.

Health Ailments
Hesperus is in perfect shape. In fact, he is adverse to injury and disease.

Current Goal/Purpose
In his old form, Hesperus never felt any desire to explore or know more about the world around him. However, after falling out of space and wandering aimlessly about Astre 25 years, Hes is eager to discover more about other lifeforms and planets.

Strengths/Abilities
Flashlight
As expected of a star, Hes can generate light and heat, and can concentrate it through any part of his body (ie hands, feet, face) as a defense.
Rapid healing
Hesperus does not fall ill, or sustain many injuries that do not heal within a few minutes. His body burns away any imperfections until they have been eliminated.
Floating
Being as light as he is, Hesperus usually floats a few inches off of the ground, but can levitate a little higher if the situation demands it.

Weaknesses/Inabilities
Loud noises
Deep space is absolutely silent; after forming a humanoid body, Hesperus is very easily affected by loud or sudden noises.
Crowded spaces
Hes likes his space, and will quickly fall into a state of panic if he feels too claustrophobic.
Naiive. It isn't difficult to fool Hesperus, who doesn't know anything about sarcasm, trickery, cunning, or deceit.

Fears
Loud noises
Hes actively avoids situations in which loud noises could arise.
Large bodies of water
If submerged in water, Hes fears he will either drown or burn out.

Skills
Animal affinity
Perhaps due to his old alias, the Evening or Wolf Star, Hes has a natural affinity for animals- especially dogs and wolves.
Charismatic
Due to his easygoing nature, Hesperus is very friendly and easy to get along with.

Pet(s)
None

Other
TBD

Reactions: girlabot
I'm going to go for a mixture of viking, barbarian, and comic relief! @Greenie Also something that will scare the pants off of Saya

[fieldbox=Bjarke Dand Ruslin, Aqua]
barbarian_by_thedurrrrian-d6mfvo6.jpg

Name: Bjarke Dand Ruslin (Norse for Bear Lion-Man)

Nickname/Alias: Chief Ruslin

Species:
Berserker

Like humans, but bigger, stronger, and angrier.

Home World:
Estes

Estes is a cold land filled with a war over resources. The strong eat, the weak starve, men are raised as warriors and women are raised as defenders. Even the wildlife seems to be out for blood, the only way to survive in Estes is to fight and win, the strongest are highly rewarded for their efforts.

Physical Appearance:
Bjarke is a tall man standing at 6'3" and weighing a hefty 227 pounds. His eyes are blue, much like the others of his tribe. He carries the traditional chiefs tattoo of blue ink etched throughout his body marking him as the leader of his particular tribe, the markings are said to make the chief indestructible, but they are purely aesthetic. His hair and beard are now white, though they were once rather dark. His body is toned with many muscles, he is clearly a man of great strength.

Character Traits:
Violent
There is no point in wasting time talking to the enemy, surely it is quicker to gut them?
Gluttonous
Food is good, it makes men grow strong, Bjarke stuffs his face if there is any food left from his tribe, wasting none.
Resourceful
Nothing can go to waste, everything can be used and will be used.

Health Ailments:
Being from the naturally cold land he is from, the heat is terrible for him to deal with resulting in a condition known as Heat Intolerance, which can lead to serious dehydration.

Current Goal/Purpose:
To seek a challenge.

Strengths/Abilities:
Melee Combat, be it unarmed or axes, Bjarke is a fighter, a warrior by nature.
Resilience is one of Bjarkes proudest features. Growing up in war and cruel nature, he has trained his body to resist all elements very well with the exception of fire.
Durability and resilience go hand in hand, along with being able to resist elements he is also capable of taking a lot of physical punishment before he is too injured to continue.

Weaknesses/Inabilities:
Due to his childhood, Bjarke is a terrible liar.
Being so large and armed so well, he is extremely slow moving, making a hasty target nearly impossible to catch.
In the heat Bjarke is rendered nearly useless in any scenario, even finding it hard to think properly.

Fears:
Defeat, this also entails losing a comrade.
Developing emotional connections to outsiders.

Skills:
Having been Chief for many years, Bjarke is very skilled at finding an individuals strengths after a brief encounter.
In his tribe, the chief must also mend weapons and armors, making him very skilled at repairing any armor, weapons, or clothing given the proper tools.

Pets:
His loyal pet Snowy Owl named Bach. Careful, he bites.

Other:
To say Bjarke is armed to the teeth would be a very accurate statement. With him at all times he carries a one handed crossbow, though he only carries 6 bolts. On his right hip is a set of 3 different Francisca throwing axes, all identical to the next. Holstered on his belt behind him is a small hatchet, less of a weapon and more of a utility, it is still very effective for fighting foes. Holstered on his left is a sword with a reach of 30 inches. Strapped to his right boot sits a Dirk crafted from the broken blade of what was formerly a full length sword. Mounted on his back rests a two handed Battle Axe. Directly behind his axe sits a two handed greatsword with a reach of 48 inches.​
[/fieldbox]

Yeah I can see her getting scared around this fellow XD

Wow! I'm very happy to see everybody creating very creative and different characters!
@RafaDark Everything looks great so far, however, I have one question. Does he look different when he's a monster? If so, do you have a picture?
@girlabot & @Squee Both characters look perfect! ^^

I'm going to go ahead and close this off to invite only. If there is someone you think would just love to join, let me or @FruitsBasket know. As previously stated (I'm repeating for the new people) Fruity will be gone on a trip for two weeks this coming Wednesday. We will most likely not be starting the roleplay until she gets back. Very sorry to make everybody wait! >.<

Enjoy your trip!

@RafaDark Everything looks great so far, however, I have one question. Does he look different when he's a monster? If so, do you have a picture?
Yup, he like transforms depending on the place he is, like if he's on a island, he will transform something that would adapt to the place like to have an area advantage.

That's a total okay! Can't wait to start this RP though XD

Quick disclaimer! I do have dyslexia so if I completely butcher some words or names then please excuse me! Spell check catches most of it, but some stuff snakes by.

Reactions: Junnabee
Two weeks will only build the suspense, it's okay. :) Pretty sure Bjarke and Hesperus are going to be absolute best friends right away no questions asked.

Oh definitely, BFFs, completely inseparable!

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks so much I will!

Also Im sorry I haven't had much of a presence on here, Ive been a bit to busy for breathing...if you know what I mean..>.<
guess what I have some dyslexia as well thank the Lord I am not alone!^^;; hahaha that's also why it takes me so long to post.. I try to fix it ..mostly ...^///^

also love the characters super excited to start!!

Reactions: RafaDark
Btw! Just a suggestion and when you guys have enough time too, how about putting all of the characters either in the OOC or IC under spoiler or whatever you guys like?

It will totally help the RPers to read about other characters just in case they forget one or two things about them, I don't think scrolling across the pages is an efficient way ^^

Btw! Just a suggestion and when you guys have enough time too, how about putting all of the characters either in the OOC or IC under spoiler or whatever you guys like?

It will totally help the RPers to read about other characters just in case they forget one or two things about them, I don't think scrolling across the pages is an efficient way ^^
Yes, that is what I will be working on while Fruity is gone. If I can figure out how to, I'll make links to each character's sign up. I will also be adding pictures and/or descriptions of a few major areas/planets. It will all be in the main post of the OOC and the IC when its up. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Hitomebore
That's alright! I hope it's a good hectic!

Hey, could I join as well? I'm curious about this RP, it looks interesting.