The End of a Dark Family (Part 1)

Do you think the Five Tenets of the Dark Brother Hood are doomed to be destroyed?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I think that is a Spoiler! Spoiler Alert!

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZsafineGypsy

Iwaku Channel™ Head Mistress
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Horror
**Warning! Contains a lot of blood and gore. A LOT of it.
**An Elder Scroll Fandom that Does NOT require you to know
anything about it.

images

A dark family has been destroyed numerously due to internal affairs, but now are being called
to come together for the fourth time, twenty years past, despite their differences for the last time. This family was once known as the Dark BrotherHood, a family of assassins, mystics, and freaks. People who have been shunned by villages or criminals who are looking for a few extra pieces of gold. The Dark BrotherHood follows the path of a Mother known as the Blood Flower, a woman who rarely shows herself to her own people. Though the Blood Flower has not called them together to go on a bloody mass killing spree, but to kill each other to end the Old Dark BrotherHood once and for all to start a new one, with new members. Can you kill your target? Will you survive? What seems to be the catch? All questions you should think about will you keep an eye on your back.

This RolePlay has a few parts to it if all goes well. The End, The New, and The Last basically is how it would go, as the second part would require new sign ups, maybe a few returners if they manage to survive. As revealed above, the basic goal is that you will be killing each other. You may question it or just do as your told, but the longer you wait to kill your target, the higher your chances are that you will be dead before you get to them. The Mother of the family or Blood Flower may or may not be a real person, but you follow her voice to the end in loyalty. If for some reason you refuse to listen to her, you will be punished with a curse that suits you best. As her children, she wishes you luck!
**There are loop holes where it is possible to not die, and end the Dark BrotherHood another way. Can you figure it out?

Setting: You are on a planet similar to Earth, though no one questions what planet they are on as the idea is too advanced for their time. The Era is Old Aged where daggers, swords, shields, and metal armor was popular. There are three Cities, six villages, and a land filled with trees accompanied by dangers. These dangers could be wolves, trolls, dragons, and more. (Still In Thought, but if this gets enough attention it will be completed in time for official sign ups!)

Ranks in the Dark BrotherHood:
1. Murderer
2. Eliminator
3. Assassin
4. Executioner
5. Silencer
6. Speaker
7. Co-Speaker
8. Listener

Since the Dark BrotherHood has been around for many of years they eventually stopped taking in new members to keep it's secrets close. There has been only one way to join the Dark BrotherHood and that was they came to you. Ranks One and Two and Five are not available for Part One of the RolePlay. Even though these are not available I will continue with explaining each rank.
1. Murderer- One who kills willingly, fresh meat of the Dark BrotherHood. Murderers are ranked even before they join the Dark BrotherHood.

2. Eliminator- One who kills without thought. After a doing a few contracts within the Dark BrotherHood as a Murderer you become an Eliminator who does more complex contracts that require the target to die a specific way.

3. Assassin- One who kills happily. You have now officially become part of the family, you get more than one contract at a time, have the gear of an assassin, and follow the path of the shadows. Congratulations you're not dead yet.

4. Executioner- One who kills Big Game. You kill big targets like kings, captains and all the King's men. When not entitled to a contract of big game, you take on smaller contracts or train Fresh Meat.

5. Silencer- One who seeks. One of the secretive members of the Dark BrotherHood who is not around often. You seek new members as you watch people commit murders and visit them when they are alone. Silencers have the gift by the Blood Flower of invisibility to prevent being caught by guards. There are only two of the whole Group.

6. Speaker- One who Commands. You give out the contracts to the members of the Dark BrotherHood, Watch Over Them, Maintain your Hide Away, and are completely Loyal to the Blood Flower. There isn't a thing in the world you wouldn't do for her as she is your mother and those around you are your family. Only one holds this position at a time.

7. Co-Speaker- One who Enforces. You attempt to make sure that the Speakers commands are followed as you watch from shadows. You are close to the speaker and just as loyal as the speaker. You aid the Speaker in every way possible.

8. Listener- The Woman Who Sees and Hears All. The Blood Flower is rarely ever seen, those who have seen her only see her in dreams. It is not confirmed if she was human or not let alone real. All the members know is they hear her enchanting voice.

There are also some small positions available if you did not want exactly be a part of the target game.

>BlackSmith (2)
>Witch (1)
>The Lover (1)
[spoili]
(An Opposite Gender of the Mother who spreads her words throughout the DBH. They often coil with the Speaker.)
[/spoili]
>Merchant Aid (1)
> Merchant (Taken)
>The Mage (1)
[spoili]
Difference
between the witch and mage is 1. Gender 2. The Witch makes potions the Mage teaches some magick. 3. The also may not get along.
[/spoili]

The Dark BrotherHood Follows The Five Tenets

1. Never Dishonor the Mother.
2. Never Disobey or Refuse to Carry out an Order.
[spoili]
An Order Given by a Speaker can be Over Ruled by the Listener. Who will you listen to?
[/spoili]
3. Never Steal from Your Dark Brother or Sister.
4. Never Speak Outside About the Dark BrotherHood.
5. Never Kill Your Dark Brother or Sister.
[spoili]
So Why is the Blood Flower Commanding to do so?
[/spoili]
All Ideas and Opinions are welcomed, as I know there are few things that need to be adjusted. I will show an Character Sheet Skeleton below of how I will probably have them in the RolePlay, you can feel free to make your Character Sheet here but please keep in mind things might change. Any who make a CS, please put in a Spoiler. Thank you for taking the time to take a look at this!

** Rank 7 is open, but requires to have strong connection with the DM through conversations.

Character Sheet and Questions/Answers Regarding to Them

Place A Pretty Ass Picture Here. No Anime.
"Name" : Name is in quotes because once you become an Assassin, you will no longer have a real name. In the RolePlay Part Two and Three, Ranks 1 and 2 Will have real names.
Age: Don't be shy. Ages 20+ as teenagers are rarely allowed in the Dark BrotherHood Unless they are special. Special would mean like a Vampire who does not die easily, or Someone with a Valuable Skill.
There are many species available. Some Ideas but not limited to include, Vampires, Humans, Were-Beast (Name the Kind of Beast. A Human-Like Animal.), Elves. Fairies, Pure-Dragons, and other Fae except Elves are not accepted. Besides a Fairy Assassin? What are the likes of that?!
HomeTown: This cannot be filled out till the RolePlay Starts. Please be Patient and Understanding, just keep blank till the time comes.
Special Skill: A Special Skill will include but not limited to, Psychic Powers, Elemental Powers, Heightened Senses or In-Human Skills like Super Strength. Do not over power these as they must come with one downfall. Be specific on your skills, what about Psychic Powers? What Can you do with them? Not everyone has a Special Skill.
Target: Only the Blood Mother will give your your Target, Leave Blank until the time comes. If you want to go after a specific person let me know.
Gear: What are you wearing head to toe? Are you carrying any weapons, potions, or equipment?
Appearance: What do you look like when NOT on a contract or enjoying free time?
Years In The D.B.H: No matter how long you been there, does not affect your rank. You could of been there five years and still be an Assassin or Eliminator. Ranks are promoted by the Speaker.
Favorite Way To Kill:
What is your favorite way to kill someone? Make it bloody good!
Least Favorite Way To Kill:
Best Moment:
Ever had a contract and did an amazing execution? Something that is worth sharing.
How Did You Come To Join the D.B.H: Give a Sample of how you were contacted by the Dark Brother Hood, what did you do to get their attention? Should be at least one paragraph.
Biography: Simple, in addition to the Biography you should mention what drove you to become a killer.

To Make Things Interesting Here Are Some Additional Information You can Throw in There:
These are in no order and you can use at your will.

Mental Illness:
Theme Song:
Favorite Saying:
Likes/Dislikes:
Pets:
Yes you can have pets, no they cannot be power animals nor usually fight for you. Example: A raven does a little spying. Just something to keep you company.
Opinion of the Mother: Unless you speak out your Opinion, she will not know!

If you can think of anything else go ahead and list it!

Last edited:
Merchant
Below I have made a character to that will be used in the story but is NOT a main character.
She cannot be a target and I will be playing her for the times people interact with her. This will also help show
you an example of a character sheet, though I am sure you do not need it.

images

"Name": "Bloody Good Blade" or just "Blair"
Species: Blood Elf
HomeTown: Unknown
Special Skill: Blood Puppet
As long as the opponent is bleeding, Blair can simply take control of the wounded opponent. While she has
control of the person or animal, she can have them bend to her will and do anything she forces them to
even if it means killing themselves. Though Blair cannot control plant life or anything that does not have red blood cells, after using this skill for a long period of time the opponent will eventually die due to blood loss. If Blair does not end her skill before this, she will be drained of all her strength.

Target: None
Gear: She wears black and blood red leather top armor along with red tight pants. This armor was specially designed to prevent any sort of physical control by other Blood Elves. This armor has been named as Dark Blood Armor. Blair carries many of different knives, though this is due to being the Dark BrotherHoods Merchant and may have the will to use them herself. She also sells or trades poisons, medical equipment, and information for a price.

Appearance: Blair never steps out of gear unless bathing. She has long black hair that turns to red at the ends. Blair also wears a mask every moment of the day for unknown reasons as it reveals her, well she has no eyes. The holes that were meant for her eyes are covered by a black cloth. Her mask matches her skin tone and was made to look like she has a creepy smile from ear to ear.

Years In DBH: Eighteen Years

Favorite Way To Kill: Blair loves to take control of her opponent any way she can. Once she has control she has an odd fetish of making them try to seduce her. Once she feels adored by her opponent, she will make them try to make a "move" with her leading to their death. Each opponent dies a little differently. It is unclear why she enjoys this.
Least Favorite Way To Kill: Blair despises killing by hand like strangulation and will try to find any other way to kill a man without placing her hands on them. She believes touching someones skin is gross.
Best Moment: Being in the Dark BrotherHood for eighteen years, Blair claims to have nothing worth sharing. Though others may say otherwise who have seen her work.

How Did You Come to Join the DBH: Blair was once a freak of a village after her parents disappeared and was constantly teased or made fun of for being weird. She only was considered weird because she would play by herself with imaginary friends, but adults would say that she was playing with the dead. Finally she picked up a knife and started to murder her whole school including any who were in her way. Upon doing this, she claims that the Blood Flower herself came to Blair in her young age but no one knows for sure. She is no assassin however but a merchant, and collects contracts from citizens for the Speaker.

Biography: Blair was alone at the age of 12 when her parents disappeared, though she will say that they abandoned her. She continued her life with severe depressions issues as she went to school, lived at a now abandoned house and scavenged for food. During her times at school, other students would tease her for seeing "Spirits" as Blair played and talked with these spirits when she thought no one was looking. Many people assumed this was due to her parents leaving her to fend for herself though none cared to help a strange elf as the village she was currently in was mostly human. At the age of fourteen, Blair went on a murdering rampage at her school and throughout the town when Blair was tired of being made fun of. She claims that a female voice told her to do it and she obeyed. After her incident she was chased out of town by any who were still alive, making her way to a lonely cave she rested for the night. The Blood Flower personally visited the child offering a place for her to stay and food, of course with a price. Blair desperately agreed and now is a merchant for the Dark BrotherHood.

Mental Illness:
>Number of Anxiety Disorders Like OCD and PTSD.
>Schizophrenia
>Impulsive Control : Addicted To Sexual Desires
>Depression
*With many illnesses, people find it rather hard to be near her at times.

Pets: An Imaginary Bear (It's Apparently Bloody)

Favorite Saying: "Touch me, Love me, I dare you."

Opinion of Mother: "She is my one and only Mother. I know no other. I love my mother!"

Theme Song:
Merchant's List:
Each Day There is Something Different. Blair also has bad habits of bringing bloody body parts.

>Poison For
-Injections
-Consumption
-Poison Coated Weapons

>Blades/Knives/Swords/Daggers
It is unclear where she gets them from.

>Medical Equipment
-Needle and Thread
-Bandages
-Cure Poison
-Mystery Injections

>Information on:
-Members
-Mother
-Types of Weapons
-Locations
-Current Contracts

Information comes with a heavy price.

The Speaker
40867.jpg

"Name": Lieear Zoe
Species: Half-Orc (An Human and Orc Mix)
HomeTown: Gorange
Special Skill: Rage Force

This skill was passed down from generations of her Father's side of the family, the Orcs.

This allows who to go into a berserk rage and send out an invisible force that can push her enemies out of her way or destroy buildings. Few people who have been hit with this Force made it out alive, those who did were severely wounded. Though this move is powerful, it is also very draining and can hurt Lieear if someone was to hit her in mid Force.
Target: -
Gear: Lieear wears unusual heavy gear for an assassin that protects her from most light damage from a blade or something similar though it slows her down in some cases. This gear is made my a metal specifically used by Orcs of Beryllium which contains an Emerald compound giving it a green-like tone. This armor is decorated by precious jewels and dragon textures. Lieear also carries duel blades that match her armor and proves to be the sharpest of all the land. Underneath her armor is fishnets.

Appearance: Lieear is uniquely shaped for being an Half-Orc as she as the skin tone and for the most part the features of an human. Her pointed ears, blood-filled eyes, and oddly shaped feet are her Orc features she got from her father. Her hair is a dark brown that can be mistaken to be black and is short with five long braided strands in the back. The strands are symbols of rank in some Orc Communities.

1 Braid: Youngling
2 Braids: Apprentice

3 Braids: Warrior
4 Braids: The Wise
5 Braids: Jack Of All Trades (A Warrior and Wise)
6 Braids: Chief
7 Braids: Master

Years in DBH: 16 Years

Favorite Way to Kill: Lieear is know for her lies hence her name. She will convince someone she is in trouble asking them to meet her somewhere to help with whatever it may be. Once she lures the person to where it may be she will drive her blades into them opening up there stomach. If the person happens to still be alive she will pull out some organs and show them their own organs. Eventually they will bleed out and die or go into shock. She tends to still do some extra stabbing. She will wipe their blood on the walls for fun.

Least Favorite Way to Kill: She does not like a simple kill especially when there is a lack of blood. Lieear would rather bathe in blood, naturally due to her Orc instincts.

Best Moment: Lieear's best moment since she has been in the Dark BrotherHood was when she 5 years in the group. She defended the location of the DBH when a nearby's city sent a few guards to inspect a mysterious location. Awaiting the guards was their wives and mothers on pikes covered in their own blood. Each person on the pike had their eyes cut out and jaw ripped open to look like a ghoul. When the guards were in state of shock and misery, Lieear attacked them from behind with a few others as the guards now joined their loved ones. Due to this Lieear has gained the nickname, "The Murderer of Love"

How Did You Join DBH: -
Biography: -

Mental Illness: None, but because she has an odd fascination with murder due to her Orc instincts, many believe she has one.

Favorite Saying: "Lying is my specialty, but truth be told I am kinda bad at it. Isn't it strange that it's always the truth seems the most suspicious?"

Opinion of Mother: Lieear is rather suspicious of the woman who calls herself the Blood Flower since no one has ever met her. But learned to never questions her until recent...

Theme Song:
(Not In English but there are English Lyrics in the description at the site itself.)

Last edited:
I love the idea, and I am a huge fan of the Dark Brother Hood. I would be most happy to join in such an RP, but if no one else wishes to join, then I must sadly decline. This doesn't feel like something only two people can carry on.

No it is not, but I do hope more people would be interested. I am a fan of myself tehe

Lol, I remember always playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion and loving the Dark Brother Hood. I would escape, do the area, buy a house, and then do the Brother Hood. I was a good sneaky murderous bastard. *evil grin*

Careful! You might reveal yourself later on. But I was always an elder scroll fan! I put my own twists in it though, wouldnt want to be all ES related.

Yes yes exactly, But between Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and research of my own, I am quite familiar with the workings of the Brotherhood. I hope more people join.

Reactions: ZsafineGypsy
@C92cool as a friend of @ZsafineGypsy I will be around as well in this. That and because I spent more than a few thousand hours on Oblivion.

I'm interested as well. For I am also a fan of the Night Mother and her children. Ex: What is the music of life? (Black Door of the first Sanctuary)

Silence my brother. Great! I am excited another person interested. If I can grab a few more people I will begin sign ups. :)

I might join this. Certainly interested. o3o

Umm, if someone would be willing to fill me in on the Dark brotherhood and of elder scrolls. I'd love to join

Quite interesting! Certainly one of the more interesting concepts I've seen... I'd be very interested in playing a part in it if you need new members. Just let me know! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.