The End Is Near!

Okay, I feel like I need to make something clear. The Mayans prediction of the end of the world doesn't mean the extinction of life. It refers to the death of one age and the birth of another. The Mayan calendar is cyclic, so there will still be a world after the 21st. We may not notice it right away, but it's supposed to herrald the dawning of a new age.

Whether it actually will or not remains to be seen. But even if the Mayans are right, it's nothing to freak out over. The end of one thing, the start of something new. That's all.

I do not believe that the apocalypse is coming, nor do I believe that there are people who are capable of predicting the end of the world. Why? Because the end has been predicted so many times, yet each and every time, it did not come. Call me jaded, but that means that whenever a new prediction comes up telling one of the end of the world, it will end up being completely wrong. Come to think of it, the concept of the apocalypse or the end of the world exists in almost all cultures and all mythologies, but not one of them specify an exact date. The stories about how the world will come to an end are just stories and they have no effect on the real world, unless people actually start in believing them and begin to panic. Then it really will be the end of the world, but not in the traditional sense. The Earth probably will not blow up, but society will likely fall apart and take a long time to rebuild.

As for roleplays, I do not care much for end-of-the-world scenarios. While I do not mind playing them, they are not something I actively look for, unless it is actually a plausible scenario set in the very distant future, or a plausible scenario that does not include the planet blowing up.

The Mayans never said the world was ending, they said a great change will fall upon the earth and which that already has happened if you think about it.