The Elrynth Empire

I think I'll be joining. Character in progress...

Hey guys, glad to see so many people interested! :D Just wanted to jump on here for a bit during lunch and check on things. Cant wait to see all the new characters! And yes Basil, ofcourse i'll read it haha.

I'm in. It might be a little while before I can get a character up.

Cool, and just a question. Would anyone wanna take the roll of a prince or maybe a knight?

I'm trying to ease my character into a knight-ish role. Or some form of soldier for the family. I don't know if you want a more guaranteed knight character or what, but that's my ultimate goal for Weylan so that he has a role with the family.

I could do a knight if you want. I was planning on doing the leader of the empire's espionage organization. If you want me to do the knight instead I have no problem with that.

Yeah thats fine, do whichever you want. But everyone thats already asked too join, go on ahead and make your character. But I think we have enough for this thread.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS
Character Name: Aksel
Name Meaning: "Father of Peace"
Species/Race: Terran Angel (Winged Human)
B-Day: September 9th
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Place of Birth: A cozy farm outside the capital city.
Current Residence: The Imperial Palace.
School/Grade: Never attended school, but he has a lot of experiences.
Family: His father and mother, two human folks still at home, his elder human sister.
Gemstone: Sapphire.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Height: 6'2"
Hair: Perfect, despite Aksel's attempts to "fix" that. He's got it back in a single blonde braid, now.
Eyes: A bright blue color.
Distinguishing Marks: Two massive, feathered wings sprouting from his back. He is generally very pleasing to look at. It is common for him to wear a blank mask over his face, so that he can hide.
General Appearance: The relaxed body language of Aksel is well-known throughout the castle... his long blonde braid and his white clothes are often a comfort for folks to see in the castle. He is a tall man, with the massive white wings of his sub-species. He does not possess the "killing beauty" of true angels: the fragile mortality about him is very clear. He lacks the muscle of a warrior, though his thin body is pleasing to the eye, if slightly feminine.
Strengths: Aksel has very little physical advantages beyond his ability to fly.
Weaknesses: His wings make him clumsy on land, and he lacks strength and endurance when it comes to fights. He's easy to hit: a massive target.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Allies: The Royal Family, a few servants of the court, a large amount of farmers in the outlying farms.
Enemies: The Royal Court. Politics is a brutal buisiness.
Current Goal/Purpose: What Aksel wants and what Aksel has to do are completely different things. Aksel would love to buy a house, start a family, and live happily in the countryside for the rest of his days. However, as Court Diviner, his role is to safeguard the royal family from attacks in the future, or to act as a form of 'fun' from nobles who want thier fortunes told.
Aspirations: To become respected enough to do what he wants, instead of what other people want.
Hobbies: Gardening, making magic items that help people who can't use magic.
Dislikes: Weapons, armor, most nobility, wars, fighting, poisons.
Talents: He's great at talking to and socializing with commoners and low-born.
Inabilities: Aksel should not ever drink alchohol. His body cannot process it, and it could knock him out until he recieves magical healing. Interestingly, apple juice gets him drunk.
Fears: The loss of his family, getting a propecy incorrect.
General Personality: Aksel is quiet and unassuming, only speaking when spoken directly to. He takes an uninterested air to most things he speaks of and about, choosing instead to veil his speech in poetics.
Inner Personality: In reality, Aksel is a man of emotions. He has a boisterous laugh and a kind disposition that actually links him with the True Angels on an emotional level. He knows countless raunchy jokes, and possesses a biting wit that has gone terribly underused of late. He is sweet in romance, and viscious in anger. All of this goes unseen to most but commoners, and members of the royal family who have seen him with commoners.
Fondest Memory: Flying for the first time. Being "King Aksel".
Biggest Regret: His first relationship.
Secret: Aksel has always wanted to be a knight. His dislike of swords, armor, and fighting comes from his jealousy.

SPECIALTY CHARACTERISTICS
Special Items: A ring given to him by his mother. Words are engraved on the inside: "You'll always be my angel". A set of wooden armor and a wooden sword in his room, with very childlike carving and writing all over it.
Weapons: None.
Magics: Aksel's magic comes in two flavors.
-Divination: Aksel is a seer, capable of gazing into the future... and, most often, changing the future by warning folks ahead of time.
-Item Creation: Aksel's divinations are sometimes... ill-recieved. Unwilling to let people come to a bad end, he has folks steal items belonging to the person he wants to save, and he enchants them with protective magic... then leaves them where the person would find it easily. He can make magic items out of nearly anything, and often has more utility magic items be sent to the outlying farms or the servant staff.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND
Aksel's family were very hard-working folks. They toiled in the fields outside the capital city for their entire lives, as their fathers and grandfathers had before... in fact, the line of farmers had gone on for a very long time (with a few merchant's daughters and at least one monster thrown in for good measure). Yet, it was still a surprise to the family when thier second child was born with the feathered wings of an angel. While unpleased at first, he had known his wife since they were children... and trusted her when she said she had only ever made love to him. Which was true: the strange birth defect of the child's wings were a mystery... but they didn't seem to harm the child. He was a mild child: he was not prone to fits or tantrums... when he grew old enough to talk, he was capable of solving disputes with the neighbor's children. This gave his name, 'Aksel', slightly more meaning...

His adolesent years were very simple. Aksel was always happy to help with whatever needed done, normally with a "Yes, mama" and a nod... then he'd do what he was asked, often before sneaking off so that they couldn't ask him to do more. He had a group of friends (which he still keeps in touch with) that he would play with. often pretending to be knights of the royal army and dueling with sticks... and eventually, self-made wooden swords. Aksel was the first to create a wooden shield, helmet, and chest armor for himself, and was then pressured into making a set for the others. Each had a blast decorating thier "new armor" with false heraldries and other such nonsense, giving new meaning to thier play-wars. Aksel eventually "won the title as King", to which the other children would refer to him as "King Aksel", and when they got older, would roam the farmlands making fools of themselves - Aksel with his wooden crown and his merry band of "knights" with him.

One of his friends that was a "knight" - a tomboyish girl, eventually pressured him into being his "queen". The two eventually shared a night together, then several nights. However, the relationship never went much further than that... it remains an awkward memory between the two now, of two youths being controlled by hormones and childishness. She feels shame in pushing Aksel into a relationship, and Aksel was shamed by his inability to control his own body.

Long after the crown of "King Aksel" was lost, and his awkward relationship, Aksel decided to try and look ahead to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Though he originally got into the art of divination for selfish reasons, he later rationalized it with 'gaining the ability to help my friends and family with the ability to see how the crops will go'... it did not work the way he wanted. His divinations rarely worked, and often his Sight came in unbidden: seeing into the minds of his friends and family, their hearts' desires shown directly into his mind... he often suffered sickness from the shock.

It was one vision in particular that the winged human received that chilled him to the bone: a massive snake slipping under the sheets of a bed, killing the two that lay there. He became obsessed with this vision... was it his parents? Was this his own fate? After many sheetless nights, he eventually saw it: the royal seal being crushed by a snake. He remembers the lunge of his stomach immeadiately, and his indecisiveness... what if they didn't believe him? What if they did, and blamed him for the deaths? Unable to contain this vision in silence, he wished his mother and father farewell, flying as fast as he could toward the castle...

...Crashing full-body into the courtyard, shattering the bones in one of his wings. As the guards surrounded him, he screamed, "The royal family is in danger! Snake!" At first unbelieving - both at the sight of the wounded 'angel' and of his message, the highest-ranked person there commanded some of the guards to check up on the king and queen... thirty minutes later, the guards returned with the head of a massive snake. It took more than that to trust Aksel, though, and he was put under arrest... though given a good room and medical attention for his wing, he was restricted entirely to that room.

It was that way for weeks, as folks came in to question him on how he knew what about the snake. They did not immeadiately believe that it had been a vision, and most were uneasy around the angelic-looking being. Still, after Aksel repeatedly seeing the futures of those who came in to question him, few could dispute the man's talents. To Aksel's eternal despair, he was placed in the position of 'Court Diviner', and given free reign of the castle...

...He has his childhood friends visit him every now and then and throws a party back home in the farms. His mother and father are getting old, and his sister long married. He hopes, someday, he can do the same...

Glad to hear it bud. Let me get a cup of coffee and find a comfy seat, cuz I have a feeling this is gonna take a while haha.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Athale Rosan
Species/Race: Human
Place of Birth: Eldmet, capitol of the Taiburi province.
Current Residence: Imperial palace
Family: Father is the duke of Taiburi, his mother runs the a merchant company. He has three older siblings, two brothers one sister

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 6'1
Hair: Dark brown, cut short
Eyes: Green
Distinguishing Marks: Has a scar that leads from his hairline,just above his left eye, running down to the left side of his chin.
General Appearance: Athale is about average build. He always seems to be tense, as if there will be a battle at any moment. he is very intimidating.
Strengths: Athale is an accomplished swordsman, and warrior. He has been trained to be a knight since he was five years old, and no other in the kingdom practices, and hones their abilities as much as Athale. His endurance is near legendary among knights, and many on the battlefield have tried to avoid him.
Weaknesses: Athale is very uncouth, He has very few social skills. Athale is easily confused, he does not understand many things outside of war. His knowledge of politics, economics, and society is limited. He lacks subtlety, he prefers to be straight forward, this sometimes tend to cause problems.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Allies: The royal family, The various rulers of the Empire, the other knights, soldiers, and commanders of the Elrynth empire
Enemies: All who threaten the empire in any way
Current Goal/Purpose: He has no real goal other than to protect the Empire in any way possible.
Hobbies: Athale is obsessive over training. He loves nothing more than practicing, and learning new fighting techniques.
Fears: Failure
General Personality: Athale is seen as a quiet yet intense person. He usualy keeps silent, but when he voices his opinion, he makes sure it is known and understood. Many would say he is usually courteous, but does not put up with the political machinations, and aspirations of others. He has no time for other people's attempts to gain power. He believes that power is a responsibility, and that those with strength have a duty to protect the weak.

Special Items: Athale constantly wears a silver pendant. it obviously has special significance, but no one knows what it may be.
Weapons: Athale always carries a bastard sword. The sword has been passed down in his family for over a thousand years. He also often carries a longsword that he wears on his right hip. When going to battle Athale often carries a greatsword.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Athale was the last born of the ruler of Taiburi, a wealthy province of the empire nestled in the western mountains. From his youth he was expected to become one of the emperor's knights, and as such he was trained from a young age, in the art of combat. He was taken under the guidance of another knight, and spent most of his youth in the imperial palace. Shortly after being knighted, the empire went to war. Athale fought fiercely, often defeating many opponents. His distinction in battle was rewarded, he was given a post of command. After the war ended he was given a place in the emperors personal guard. When the commander of the imperial knights passed away, to the surprise of many, Athale was chosen to be his successor.

Characters fine, but umm the weakness? Not being able to run fast is not really a weakness. We need something that would maybe hinder him a bit more in battle, since your not going to be doing much running.

Weakness: Unable to use any magical abilities without an easy to lose, easily broken artifact.
Inability to stomach combat, thus either doubling over or needing to leave the room.
Strong, but incredibly idiotic, usually unable to communicate with anything more than the most basic of sentences, and generally barely self aware...

THOSE are weakness.

No problem. A lot of RPers struggle with weaknesses.
Another good example was Frost's : ...he lacks strength and endurance when it comes to fights. He's easy to hit: a massive target.

That was a very good one. Well does everyone have there characters done?

lovedove had expressed interest but doesn't have a character sheet up. Would you like to follow up on that?
Otherwise, it looks like everyone has their characters in.

Yeah I'll wait for that last character, then we can finally get started. Sorry for the wait people!

Okay, I'm get working on my character! Sorry for the wait everyone, I'll try as fast as I can to get the character sheet done.

Note: Places with a ------- are either still being considered or not being filled out.

Character Name:
Anila Witroth
Name Meaning: First name means air/wind. Last name has no real meaning.
Alias: None.
Species/Race: Human
B-Day: Febuary 28.
Zodiac Sign: --------
Bloodtype: -----------
Place of Birth: Lunya Kingdom
Current Residence: The Elrynth Empire
School/Grade: -----------------
Family: Mother, father, and brother in home kingdom
Gemstone: -----------
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5'5''
Hair: Black with blue streaks
Eyes: Dark brown
Distinguishing Marks: None
General Appearance: (I don't know how to properly link this picture into this post, so here's just the link: http://media.photobucket.com/image/female wizard/Alters_Females_Males/Wizard Forms/iris1hv5.jpg?o=62 )
Strengths: She can be a cunning foe when fighting with magic, which usually consists of manipulated winds and airs. She's also capable of using a sword, though she's stronger with her magic. Also, she can use her wits to fight and is quite clever.
Weaknesses: If someone was more skilled at magic fighting than her, they can beat her. She also does not go well with surprises and ambushes. For weapon fighting, she can easily be beaten by someone who has better knowledge of sword-fighting since she's not really that good.
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Allies: The Elrynth Empire, Emperor and his family
Enemies: Anyone who opposes the empire, the emperor and related subjects, and anyone who defies her.
Current Goal/Purpose: To ensure the safety of the empire and the emperor (and his related subjects). Also, to study the secrets and roots of magic in her spare time.
Aspirations: To become skilled in the arts of her magic and to understand magic and its roots.
Hobbies: Study magic and experiment with it, reading.
Likes: Studying and reading, honing her skills, being neat.
Dislikes: Anything she deems unproductive, failure, idiotic people, being bothered while training, reading, or studying.
Talents: Using her magic, of course. She's also pretty good at studying and reading (obviously, seeing how much she does it).
Inabilities: Cooking, taking a break from her hobbies, coping with being bothered from her hobbies.
Fears: Not any real big phobias, but she does fear of failure in the things that she likes. She also has a fear of something bad happening to the emperor (and related subjects) and her being unable to prevent it.
General Personality: Usually quiet and serious. She has a sophisticated personality due to her almost constant studying, reading, and training. She's able to keep calm in many situations. Many people think of her to have a brooding and ominous atmosphere around her.
Inner Personality: Her anger. She almost never loses her temper, though when she does she becomes dangerously intimidating and creepily quiet. Usually happens when one person bothers her from her hobbies numerous times, haha.
Fondest Memory: Becoming the bodyguard of the emperor (and related...ah, you get the deal.)
Biggest Regret: Leaving her family behind to travel to the Elrynth Empire.
Secret: Nothing really, but she doesn't like people to know that she's bad at cooking.
More:

Special Items: Her notebook, filled with notes of her studies.
Weapons: She can make a sword out of wind, but she rarely uses it.
Magics: The ability to create and control wind and air.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Anila was born and raised in the Kingdom of Lunya. Her father was a wind magician as well, which is where she got the talent. However, magic was soon outlawed in her kingdom (Little note: Got this little piece of information from an old RP of mine.) and her family was forced to keep their magic silent. When she grew up, she wanted to study magic but was unable to do so in her home. Through 3 years of hard work, she was able to move to the Elrynth Empire at age 19. She studied for 4 years before deciding to test her honed skills. Her skills were able to get her in the empire army for about a year, then she was transferred to a bodyguard.

Present Life: Anila is still studying, training, and reading. She's still protecting the Emperor and his family. And she's believes she's ready to protect them from anything that might happen.