The Elements [Original Fantasy Roleplay]

L

Lark

Original poster
Hey everyone! So I have a plot that I've been writing a couple times, but I've never done it as a group plot. It definitely has the potential to become one, so here it goes!

In 1985:

There was once a group of teenagers, all seniors in high school, who had been close friends since childhood. They did everything together, and spent most of their time exploring their little, quiet town or the woods that surrounded it. As inseparable friends as they were, they'd often dare each other to join them for late night walks in the woods. It was a usual occurrence, but on one such night, a strange hum filled the forest that seemed near unnoticeable to the group until they made their way to a clearing they'd discovered there. These people had been chosen by a higher power, one that hadn't awoken in years. It'd chosen them to use as vessels of magic, and thus, all the friends disappeared that night in a mysterious event- and answers would only be found years later.

Present Day:

Six kids. They're not all friends. They all know each other. Each has a life that seems normal. That is, until one night, where a school dance goes terribly wrong. The six of them are pulled into the forest (we can come up with the reason together) and lead to the same clearing where the teenagers nearly thirty-five years ago went missing. Minutes later, they feel a surge of energy, one unlike they've ever felt before.

Now there are voices in their head. Voices of teenagers who had been lost earlier. They're elemental spirits. Each has a new body and an elemental power, and have been tasked with teaching their host how to use the power. Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Ice, Light. But there's also another element... Darkness.

...and they have to find darkness's host and learn to use their new magic before it's too late. Before the world devolves into chaos.

1. Please have genders match host (or make the character nonbinary if you wish). This is a group rp and I'd prefer to keep genders balanced or NB to fit everyone's preferences for writing.
  2. No controlling others' characters.
  3. One character per person, meaning one element per person!!
  4. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus, please! Also keep in mind that these kids have led relativley normal lives up until this point. They have no idea how to use their magic yet and will receive their magic in the thread anyway.
  5. Please be kind to each other <3 this goes without saying, of course, but I'd still like everyone to keep it in mind.
  6. WE WILL BE PLAYING THE HOSTS. THE SPIRITS ARE THE TEENAGERS FROM 1985 WHO WERE TRANSFORMED INTO ELEMENTAL SPIRITS AND WILL BE NPCS CONTROLLED BY THE PERSON PLAYING THE HOST. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.
  7. THE ACTUAL PERSONALITY AND DETAILS OF THE HOST ARE UP TO THE PLAYER, BUT WHAT DETAILS HAVE BEEN MENTIONED SPIRIT INFORMATION IS SET IN STONE.

StatusElementSpirit Information (keep in mind that these are the spirits, not the host characters, and therefore these are just NPCs)
Reserved by LarkAir
  • Aurelie Evans
  • Female
  • Golden Girl of their High School
  • Enthusiastic and Friendly
  • Party Girl of the group
OPENEarth
  • Kian Greyson
  • Male
  • The Athletic Kid
  • Outdoorsy and Thoughtful
  • The Dad Friend of the group
Reserved by KatFire
  • Kaia Brooks
  • Female
  • The Class President
  • Determined and Careful
  • The leader, kinda, of the friend group
OPENIce
  • Evelina Brooks, sister to Kaia
  • Female
  • The Nerd Girl
  • Smart and Outspoken
  • The Intellect, knows how to get stuff done
OPENLight
  • Orion Smith
  • Male
  • The Class Clown
  • Playful and Energetic
  • The kid of the friend group, treated like everyone's little brother
OPENWater
  • Caden Williams
  • Male
  • The Outcast
  • Sarcastic and Daring
  • The Protective one, tries to make sure everyone's safe

I know this might get confusing, so please let me know if you have any questions! If you're interested, shoot me a message or post below <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: marcy
I may be interested in Kaia. Are these roles set though? Fire is a guy, water is a girl, so on and so forth? I read your summary and thought it would be cool to play fire, then I read the roles. Is it possible to switch genders on a different role?

I may be interested in Kaia. Are these roles set though? Fire is a guy, water is a girl, so on and so forth? I read your summary and thought it would be cool to play fire, then I read the roles. Is it possible to switch genders on a different role?
Yes, those are my headcanons, but I suppose I can switch two <3
I'll make fire female for you then, if that's what you'd like?

Yes, those are my headcanons, but I suppose I can switch two <3
I'll make fire female for you then, if that's what you'd like?

If that's at all possible, I'd love to make female fire with Kaia Brooks! :)

Keep in mind that Kaia is the spirit! Your character is the one who will be her host. But yes, Kaia/Fire is reserved for you!

Keep in mind that Kaia is the spirit! Your character is the one who will be her host. But yes, Kaia/Fire is reserved for you!

I'm aware. Thank you! Hope you get some other people in. I want to see where this goes. Will you be doing more of a spontaneous plot line or do you have ideas of where you'll go next as we navigate through the story to find darkness?

I'm aware. Thank you! Hope you get some other people in. I want to see where this goes. Will you be doing more of a spontaneous plot line or do you have ideas or where you'll go next?
Okay great! I'm so worried that I didn't word it well enough LMAO
but it'll be more spontaneous and character driven! I figured it would be best for all the writer who join in to discuss any ideas together/see where it goes!!

Reactions: junebug
I'm aware. Thank you! Hope you get some other people in. I want to see where this goes. Will you be doing more of a spontaneous plot line or do you have ideas or where you'll go next?
Okay great! I'm so worried that I didn't word it well enough LMAO
but it'll be more spontaneous and character driven! I figured it would be best for all the writer who join in to discuss any ideas together/see where it goes!!

Okey dokey! Do we have an end goal in mind at least, of why we are we trying to find darkness?

Okey dokey! Do we have an end goal in mind at least, of why we are we trying to find darkness?
Yes definitely! I'm thinking darkness has also found a host- quite possibly someone that the others know. However, they're unaware who it actually is. Because Darkness's host has an extremely strong magic and one that could be quite destructive, it's extremely dangerous with a host who doesn't know how to use it. The goal is to find a way to stop any progression of the powers before things get out of hand.

hope that makes sense?

Reactions: junebug
Hey~hey~^^!!

Boo interested defo! But is it possible to swap Evelina and Kian? Not too good at playing a brainiac girlie but can defo do an athletic, mommy type for sho!^^ if not it's cools. Just asking.

Oh and!

Regular rundown:
What is required:

~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?

~Is Discord required?

~Is there dice/stats use?

@Lark Any more interest on this? :)))