The Elemental Witches

Status
Not open for further replies.
((Sorry for being MIA. Was out of town for the long weekend.))

"Apple?" Clarity smiles with a lifted brow, evidently surprised by the new piece of information. She hadn't seen that coming, but best not to accidentally insult the male by saying that. "You must be quite skilled. I'm quite the Apple fan myself." A pause ensues before she adds, "By fan, I mean that I have an iPhone." A light laugh then sounds as as she tilts her head minutely to the side.

With the slight lull in action, the female is finding herself comfortable in conversation, and so opts to continue it as she places her left palm against the bartop and leans against it. This shift in body position allows the glint of one of the overhead light to catch her nametag, illuminating a clear: Clarity.

"I've been working here for..." Pause. "Two years and a bit. It's been my part-time job through college and I haven't quit yet. If it weren't for the low pay, I would love working here forever. You get to meet interesting people."

August pressed on through the undergrowth and around the trees that threaten to slow her pace as she felt the heat that the boy's body gave of beginning to fade, figuring he must have passed the mansion's force field. Her abilities were not so finely tuned as to be able to follow him pass a barrier of magic, but with time, her trainer would assure her patiently, she would be. Soon Ash was beside her, then ahead of her as his more developed senses picked up on what her Element could not, leading the way towards the boy as he must have done many times before on previous missions for various others. She was simply the Collector now, and she was alright with that. At least now it meant that she could not be singularly blamed if the assignment ended in failure, but she wasn't all that keen for once on being that punisher. She would enjoy it, of course, but that did not mean she wanted it to happen.

They arrived at the barrier not long after, three figures clearly visible ahead of them. Two of which were standing while the other was lying limp on the earth floor, both just barely within the safe confines of the shield. If only they would come just a few feet closer. " I hope we're not late," she replied to Ash's comment, loud enough so that the figures, which she noted were all male, would hear her. The nearest to them, a Warlock, based on the fact that he was not rushing against the barrier, with quickly recognized as their backup, Jaeden. Hm, it seemed that they had ended up acting as his back up instead. She ran up beside him, pig tails bouncing as she took up a position less than a yard away from his masculine frame. Looking within, she saw small pine thin shards of ice dancing around the limp body of the boy who must be their Water quarry. He was unmoving, alright, but surely not unconscious for he was speaking and looking at them. At his weak demand, the girl smiled. " I would like to see you try to freeze us to death," she said with an uncharacteristic smirk, feeling her body warm up slightly at the possibility of a threat. She blew out a heated breath of air, allowing it to become trapped within the bubblegum she chewed, creating a heated bubble that she released from the confines of her mouth, watching as it floated high above her for a moment before hitting the protective covering that encircled the entire perimeter of the mansion. It popped loudly upon contact, the heat once again belonging to the natural world as the gum fell harmlessly through to the other side in a sticky wad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas took a step closer, eyes narrowing at his long ago student. "It hasn't been that long boy." He said, not missing how different Jaeden became iver the last several years he'd seen the now turned warlock. "I never pegged you to go against us and join up with the company." He continued, now standing at the edge of the wards.

The water witch laying on the ground came to as Thomas finished speaking along with two others arriving by Jaeden's side. Immediately, he knew they were warlocks who worked for the company. The girl had to be at least a year younger than Jaeden, yet she seemed even younger with pigtails. Glancing around at them all, everyone of them had to be around the same age, makinf him the oldest at forty-four.

Suddenly, he remembered Adelaide. She was out there...somewhere. Thomas could only hope she was okay. He then turned briefly toward Cal. "Stay on this side no matter what."
------

Adelaide slowly and carefully made her way back towards the mansion. She could only pray that Cal had made it safely pass the wards. Eyes scanning around, she caught sight of four people. Another, she assumed was Cal on the ground made five in total . Instead of walking into danger, she stopped choosing to see where things lead. Hopefully, she could sneak up on them or something. She needed time to come up with a plan.

Evelia brust out laughing. "What a charmer you are. Hmm... I was sent for backup so if you rather do this on your own then by all means..." she trailed off as she started towards, what she now realized, a bar. "I'll watch, wait, and help when you fail to do it by your lonesome self." She finished with a smirk. "Unless, you actually want help now." She added as an after thought, figuring he wouldn't.

Cal looked up at the people standing above him. He moved back, further away from the field. He could feel his energy depleading quickly, knowing he may end up completely killing himself from overuse of an already strained body. Yet he wouldn't care, so long as he wasn't killed or taken anywhere he didn't want to be. He looked at the girl, feeling a large amount of revulsion. "Well... I already did freeze a fire user, did you not see his little ice monument on the way here?" Cal asked, his voice sarcastic and rude. "And it seems like you're so goal oriented you don't pay attention... Am I really that important? What did I do to piss your all off?"

Cal looked closer at the two people he saw. The male and female on the other side of the barrier that he could faintly feel, much less see at the moment. "Nothing! I did nothing... Yet your group killed the hermit, tried to kill me and now here again? What is wrong with you people?"

Cal's whole body shook as he forced his words out, the ice slowly falling to the ground and lay there, still real. Just no longer moving. Cal's body sagged and exhaustion overcame him. Even in his desperation, he knew he was useless. He knew he had to do as the older man behind him claimed he had to do.
--------------------
Ash was lingering back, staying out of sight of only Cal. He made sure that there was something between him and Cal along with the other male, closest to Cal. He knew that everything would be alright on the other side, yet things were about to get bad. He took a deep breath and forced exhaustion thru Cal's body from making him have lower oxygen rates. He watched it start to effect him, seeing him slump and seeing the ice lower itself to the ground.

Ash gave a mild smile, stepping out from behind where he was. He strode up to the barrier, his eyes still closed, and gave a mild grin. "Sir, you have a very nice house," he commented. "Many rooms. Oh! Is that a newly baked pie I see on the counter?" he asked. He gave a small, warm smile.

He decided it was time to open his eyes. When they did, his eye color was a pale blue but his iris' were nearly white. They looked dead, deformed and destroying themselves. By the appearance alone, it was evident that he was blind. Yet he still commented on things easily, hoping it would make the older male want to change his course.

"While, you really should properly greet your guests. I'm Ash, a pleasure to meet you, sir." Ash gave a mocking bow, his body stirring from the energy around him. The land was rich with power and hope, full of life and games. He grinned feeling at ease.

Jaeden glanced down at the water boy that with little engery left, managed to surround himself with shards of ice which he didn't understand why he did so. He hadn't shown any forms of hostility, well, not yet that is. But still, why the urgency? Maybe paranoid or just plain stupidity? He already could barely stand up, so why waste the last of his energy in making such a mediocre sheild which could be easily be melted by fire even at level one? He shook his head at the water user. Well, atleast he won't be going anywhere for awhile. But the water user wasn't his priority nor did he care for someone like him at the moment. He had a more important person that's concerning him, Thomas.

Jaeden was about to retort back at him but their little reunion was disturbed by the two Company members that he was joining in the mission to retrieve the water user--Autumn and Ash. Really, can these two can not see that there was a moment here? Hello? Read the mood here people. Jaeden shrugged his shoulder back and didn't say anything else. Instead placed both hands inside both of his pocket and started to head back to where he came from. He already did what he wanted to do here anyway--taking a look at the mansion whom he once called home with Thomas as an added bonus. And since both Ash and Autumn were here, no use in him being here for them. The water user didn't look like he has any fight left in him anyway, and its not like the witch could "harm" anyone--it was afterall their oath. All they could do is defend themselves which wasn't fun at all to him. With such power they have, why won't they not use it to fight?

Jaeden started walking back despite the questions being thrown at him. Everyone had their job to do and he was done with his.

Cohen's smile widened more when Evelia started to laugh until she was able to calm herself down enough to speak. "A courteous offer," he noted with a thoughtful nod, "but I like your first plan more, with an exception to my failing." Of course, his saying this was but with a tinge of irony at the fact that, in all his years at being within the walls of the Coven, there has not been a single mission that he had excessively completed on his own. Miraculously, whenever anyone assisted him though, his statistics of succeeding shot up dramatically to a point where, should he have been graded, his grade point average would range from 3.9 to 4.0. This was due to the fact that he didn't want to succeed in converting normal humans to become Witches, rather leaving them as they are in order for the Warlocks to pick up on, or to remain ignorant to the powers that they could wield. Should the mission be to rescue a fellow Witch from the clutches of one from the Company, again, he wouldn't want to complete it. However, should there be others around to witness his actions, he would be forced to remain in character and do whatever was required of him in order to help those of his 'kin'. Thomas was probably quite aware of this little pattern, although Cohen did occasionally make a point of becoming suddenly clumsy in the field, and was most likely the reason he sent Evelia along with him when Adelaide could no longer come. Or it was simply protocol of some sort.

Jack gave a short laugh and smile. "Yes, aren't many of our favoured jobs low in pay? I taught at high school level for a couple years and loved it." The only problem with that job was he would be stuck is one place for three quarters of the year. With his job at Apple, if he got it, he intended on saving up enough money to jump around more than he used to be able to. While he hated the paranoia that came with it, Jack was fond of being on the run. There was a certain excited feeling that accompanied the near constant motion. He'd go through a town, visit another for a few days at a cheap hotel, then double back through the first town to check up on his possible pursuers' progress.

And that excitement was all that he felt while drunk. He'd never actually gotten too intoxicated here yet. So far, all of his visits had only lessened his anxiety, as opposed to completely removing it. But he was stressed enough, and his decision was made. Quickly.

"Do you happen to have anything on the house tonight?"

Thomas heard the boy slump to the ground probably in exhaustion from uising to much of his magic at once. He quietly spoke into his ear piece, ordering for someone to come out to retrieve the water user and take him into the house.

When the male's voice on the other side, Ash, started going into detail of the Coven, Thomas's head wipped around to face the speaker and caught sight of Jaeden leaving. Eyes still on the air witch, his eyebrow rose slightly as he listened. "You must be pretty powerful in your element to know that information without having stepped foot in the mansion." He commented just as the warlock opened his eyes showing that he was blind. "Impressive." He said. "Ah Ash, is it?" He chuckled.
-----------

Adelaide creeled closer to the group and saw one warlock walk off. Arching an eyebrow, she decided to follow.
------

"Evelia slowed her pace, allowing Cohen to go ahead of her. "If you insist than I'll just wait." She grinned.

Ace felt weightless for some reason. "What's going on?" He started to burn up and it seemed like he was in motion. Suddenly he realized...... He was falling. But how did he get up there. His memories were a blur. He was picking up speed and he noticed the ground below was moving toward him at an alarming rate. "I'm going to be splattered for sure." He thought right before hitting the ground with a massive thud. He lay in a crater in one piece but was unconscious due to the impact.

Ash gave a small shrug. "I'm blind, my only way of sight is thru my element. So, I've gotten used to it. That's how it gets stronger," he said easily. He made the air swirl around the water user as some other witches came out to collect him. Though it was weaker than normal even if it didn't have to be. He could feel the air tingle with another presence, that presence being another air user.

He made a tendril of air lash out at the group, forcing its way past them. It went behind them and wrapped around one of the witches throats. Ash winced, shuddering. Disgust rolled thru his body, revulsion forcing him to watch his doing. His face showed exactly that by accident since his mind was in too many places at once, his concentration split up.

The other air user tried to force the air noose away from his friends but barely could. Ash gave a small frown. What he said was true. Strength was practice. Life was strength. These witches were useless at the moment and needed practice, practice which he could supply at the moment.

"Awwweh. Is it too strong for you?" Ash asked. He made another tendril wrap around the air user, going to pull him into the shield slowly. Ash knew that if he could get the two to touch, the air user would die from the shield. Ash hoped that wouldn't happen.

With his mind spread to choking a witch, dragging a witch to slow death, searching the area for some type of exact number of witches and keeping Cal in one place surrounded by air, his mind was starting to be spread a bit thin. He'd have to be careful for fear of self harm, fear of weakness or being hurt. He paid close attention to all the things he was doing.

"Use the ground to pull him to safety, if you can, mister," he sent to Thomas in silent concentration. "Just save Cal."

Jaeden stopped midway once he was at a safe distance far away from the others and the Coven. He had detected someone was following him with the help of his earth element being sensitive to its surroundings. Jaeden sensory skills wasn't all that best when there are more people in his magical vicinity and could hardly sense anyone approaching him. But when there are only the two of them, he can most likely tell they were there with every step his opponent take he can feel his element tremble.

"No use tailing me to the ends of the earth. You are walking on my element after all, so trying to hide while following me won't work. Or is it that you've already forgotten that whenever we were kids I always end up finding you no matter where you hide, Adelaide." He spoke looking back at the very direction of where Adelaide was hiding behind with a nonchalant smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.