The Elemantals (Andy & Moon)

After she got the coffee on, she walked out on the balcony with William, leaving the glass door open. She rested her arms on the banister as she leaned against it. Then she looked out at the city, staying quiet for a long time before turning to him. "William....you don't think of me differently now do you?" She asked, almost afraid to hear his reply, but she had to know even though she feared the worse.

Will looked at her and tilted his head to the side "think of you differently? what do you mean? do you mean because of all the money you have? No I don't think of you differently. Money doesn't make the person. Their actions and choices do. Your a good person and my friend Ember in the end you could be rich or poor like me..but that doesn't matter because in the end your you and no amount of money is going to change that"

She closed her eyes and breathed out a sigh of relief. When she opened her eyes back up, she gave him a small smile. "All this..." She waved a hand around, indicating her condo, before continuing, "This is all in thanks of my father. It's his way of...being there for me since he isn't really there for me. But to be honest, it's not really mine. None of what you see here is." She paused, as she looked back out towards the city. "I'm actually not as rich as you think. It's never been my money. He just feels guilty for not being in my life like a father should." She explained, not knowing why she felt the need to do so. Maybe it was because William was the only person she knew that was like her and she felt like she could finally be herself. Maybe she was tired of everyone assuming she was rich when she wasn't even though her father gave her money. As much as she like even. For some reason she wanted, no needed, him know. She wanted him to know that even though her father had money, which in turn, she had money, she didn't want him to think she was just some rich girl.

Reactions: Andy
He listened to her rant in silence. He understood what she was saying how he felt bad for not being there so she was trying to buy her love with all this stuff. "well...I get what your saying but..at the same time you have to remember that you at least have a dad who loves you. Some people aren't as lucky. I know it may seem like he's trying to buy your love but..i'm sure that it's not the case I'm sure your father loves you and i"m sure you know that too. I'm not trying to say you didn't have problems or it wasn't hard for you growing up. But you were better of then most people..including me. And for that you should be thankful."

"I know. And I am. It's just that sometimes I wish he would actually be there. I go and see him and he even talks to me sometime, if I'm lucky. But I know he can't....stand being around me not for a long time now." She said quietly as she remember that night. Shaking her head to clear the nightmare way. "All the money he has, all that he gives me, it means nothing to me. William money changes people, most people anyway." She tried to explain, giving him a sad smile. She was pretty sure he was right and she thought her father did love her. She just didn't think he loved her enough to want to be around her.

Ember saw something glimmer in Williams eyes right at the end, anger or hate maybe..., but it was gone just as quickly as it clouded his eyes, so she couldn't be sure if she was seeing things. "Okay how about we not talk about....sad and upsetting things." She said, wishing she would have left it at what he said last. "Um...Let's go get some food and we can talk about something a little less mopey and poor-me." She said, referring to herself.

The coffee was bound to be done by now anyway. Giving him another soft smile, she turned and headed back in, going straight for the coffee.

Will said nothing as she ranted again. He didn't hate her or anything but it did upset him a bit how she was complaining about her father not being there for her and how her life was so sad because she had all of this. Yeah he figured it was a different kind of sadness that he had felt but at least she still had a dad. He had no one but himself. And he and his mom had lived in a shitty apartment all their lives just scrapping to get by. It frustrated him to hear about others complain about their well off lives. That's why the last time he had seen a show like The real housewives of new jersey on tv he had thrown a fire ball at the damn thing.

He let out a slow breath and stood up and then followed her back inside. He knew she wasn't complaining exactly but still it didn't help that she was complaining about how hard it was that her dad wasn't around for her. He never knew his dad and he had just lost his mom. He wasn't really in the mood to hear about how bad their relationship was even though the two still had each other.

After pouring her a cup of coffee, Ember looked through the fridge for something easy and quick to make them. "Um what do you wanna eat?" She asked, unsure what he liked and dislike. There was an awkward air around them since she went and opened her big mouth. What was it about the guy that made her spill things she normally kept to herself? Mentally she smacked herself. Good job Em. Scare the guy off. He's the first and only person you've ever met that was like you. Something you've always wanted and you probably just screwed it up.

• Love
Will said nothing as he walked in and leaned against the counter. He rubbed the back of his head at her question and then shrugged a bit in response "um..i'll just have whatever your having..I honestly don't mind whatever it is your making I'll have some of it...to be honest I'll pretty much eat just about anything" Which was true in a sense but in his lifetime he hadn't had the chance to try many foods so he didn't know what there was out there other then peanut butter and canned foods.

Reactions: moon
Ember nodded in response and shut the door of the fridge after grabbing the pack of unthawed chicken. Laying it on the counter, she then pulled a few things from the cabinet for chicken alfredo pasta. Once she had everything she needed to make the meal, she scrubbed her hands and then she got to cooking. The whole time she was busy preparing their meal, she stayed quiet. Only peeking at him when she thought he wasn't looking at her.

After forty minutes later she had everything finished and was scooping a hefty amount on two plates. Then she slid William's he's before sitting down on a barstool across from him. "There's soda and water in the fridge if you want something to drink." She said as she handed him a fork.

Will stood in silence as she cooked. He caught the occasional looks she sent his way but didn't comment when he caught her staring. When the Meal was finished he felt his mouth watering "so..um...what..what did you make?" His stomach growls a bit and he blushed slightly as he took the fork from her

Arching an eyebrow, she looked up at him and smiled. "Chicken Alfredo Pasta." She said almost nervously. She had never cooked for anyone but herself before and she hoped he liked what she had made. Laying her fork down by her plate, she walked the few short steps to the fridge and grabbed a coke. She got one for him to and set it in front of him when she sat back down. "I hope that's okay. It was the first thing that popped into my head to cook." She explained before taking a bite of her pasta.

He nods a bit and looks at the pasta this was something he had never had before. He swallows hard and takes a small bite and couldn't help the small groan if satisfaction that he gave as he chewed it slowly before swallowing "it's so good..

She smiled when he groaned after tasting her food. "Well, yeah. I made it." She said teasingly after she swallowed the bite of food and trying not to laugh. "But all joking aside, it's one of my favorites. So you really like it?" She asked as she opened her coke and then took a small sip.

He nods a bit and eats a bit more and looks at her "..me and my mom barely got by..my diet consisted mostly of peanut butter and canned foods..There are a lot of meals and things I never got to try. Pasta is one of them."

Ember wasn't sure what to say to that, or if there was anything she could say. She didn't know what that was like, to have a limited amount of things to eat. Never being in that kind of situation before, it made her hating that she was complaining earlier to him. So far, it seemed he had it worse than her and not once had she heard him complain about it. It made her admire him even more than she already begin to.

"Well, now you can say you've had it before." She said with a soft smile. She didn't think he'd want her pity or sympathy, so she tried not to.

He gives her a small smile and nods as he continues to eat. He saw that look flash in her eyes. That look of pity that people always got but she tried to hide it for that he couldn't get upset with her. He didn't want to either. She was a good person from what he's seen so far and he wanted to be her friend it would just take some time "yeah I suppose I can"

An uncomfortable silence fell between them again as she picked at her food. She slowly ate and sipped on her coke as she let herself think. She wasn't much of a talker, never had been, but the silence between them was driving her a little crazy. It only made her feel as if she had done or said something offensive, though she couldn't figure out what if she had. After she ate the last few bites of her pasta, she rinsed her plate off and put it in the dishwasher. Along with her fork and coffee cup. Then she leaned back against the counter briefly before deciding she need to at least change her clothes. She would have love to take a shower, but she didn't want to be rude and leave her company for that long. "Um while you finish eating I'm going to go change out of these clothes." She told him as she straightened up, preparing to head toward her room.

Will was eating in silence not because he was upset but because he was more interested in enjoying the meal she had given him. When she finished eating send said she was going to change he nodded a bit "um..alright then I'll be here waiting for you after I finish."

Ember gave a slight nod in answer before heading down the hallway to her room. Once in her room, she nudged the door shut with a foot, not getting it all the way shut as she did. Going straight to her dresser, she pulled open a drawer and rummaged through her clothing until she pulled out a plain black t-shirt. Then she grabbed a pair a sweatpants before heading into her bathroom. Laying her clothing on the sink counter, she then turned the knobs on the faucet and splashed her face with cool water. Then turned off the water and stared at her refection in the mirror for a brief minute before looking away and pulling a towel off the rack and dabbing her face dry. It didn't take her long to slip out of her jogging clothes and replacing them with the clean clothing. About ten minutes later, she was walking back into the living space.

In the time it took her to do all of that he had finished eating and had washed the dishes he had used. He had then made his way back to the balcony to look outside. His mind was going q million miles a minute as he tried to make sense if everything. Who he was. Who she was. Why they had their powers and what they were supposed to do with them. He couldn't figure it out.