The Eldermire Vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're here for knowledge? Then if my suspicions are correct, you're in for a lovely treat." It was around this point that the wraith felt something crash into it. Or rather, the enchantment on the armor did. It turned around. "Well, what is this then?"

Anima grinned, barking a short laugh, "HA. Looks like the clumsy one has a decent pair of balls on him." Leaning in close to this new fellows ear, Anima growled, "But I'd try and control and control your temper, some of these fellows aren't as...charitable as I am."

Teleporting back to his original position, Anima sheathed his knife again. "Besides, apples are degradable. Give it a couple weeks, it'll be gone. Anyway, I think you owe our metallic friend here an apology."

((I'll not interrupt the conversation until a more opportune moment so here's a simply characterisation/attempt at catching up post.))
A light grumble slid from the old priest's lips as he slowly moved through the cavern, the gentle tapping of his sandals with each step being the only sound to accompany him as he swiftly, or at least as swiftly as an aged man could manage, followed the echo of voices in the cave. He had felt a strange compulsion to make his way here, having received no invitation but the lure of destiny, a call from the Gods that. The group ahead of him's tones echoed across the walls of the cavern and were extremely easy to follow, all of them clearly having made no effort to conceal their trail, were they all expedition members, or possible enemies waiting in a poorly staged ambush? He couldn't be sure, keeping one hand on his rapier and the other on his holy symbol, ready to attack should one be required. His eyes closed and he gently muttered a prayer, asking for assistance, deliverance.
His prayer was answered with a flash of light, sending him forward in the cave, tugging him forward with shocking force as he felt himself teleport forwards. He had been gaining distance but he wasn't quite upon them. The voices were louder but he was clearly still about half a kilometer away. "Seems your benevolence only extends so far..." He chuckled softly. Regardless, if the party ahead of him stood around much long even he could catch them. He inspected his surroundings, his eyes slowly trailing along the stalagtites and stalagmites, noticing the continuation of the ruining markers he had been following previously, noticing the core of an Apple lying on the floor.
Another prayer left his lips, which he moistened just before speaking. "Lord may my pace be hastened and my presence hidden by your grace... I ask that you deliver your faithful servant silently, just as the good of his deeds..." With that he prepared himself, slowly drawing his blade, the sound dampening into nothing along with his footsteps moments after, his advance veiled in silence and reverence.

"yeah, sorry bout that" muttered Torgeir as he wiped the blood of his face.

He rummaged in one of the pouches on his belt pulled out a what looked liked a lump of bark. Holding it up to the light in two fingers he examined it critically before placing it in his mouth and starting to slowly chew.

"Indecently" he said turning to Anima "Small, you're what, like an inch taller than me snow white, I'd accept it from this, this, this gentleman?" he said gesturing to Akei-en. "Actually sorry, What are your names? I'm Torgeir".

"My name cannot be pronounced by mortal tongues, but the closest you will get is Akei-en." The wraith made sure to pronounce the word slowly and carefully so as to make it accessible. "But we don't have time for introductions I'm afraid. Thanks to to the many hour long disconnection from the universe, our plans will have to be cut short by a few footsteps, so I suggest we delve onward." With this, it turned and once more began to tread heavily down the corridor. The wraith noticed it beginning to widen, and the air becoming even colder than the frigid 5 degrees it already was, and raised it's spear in anticipation of a change in scenery.

Anima shrugged, turning to their new companion.
"The name's Anima, a pleasure, I'm sure. Anyway, you heard the Iron Giant, time to move on I guess."
Following Akei-en down the corridor, Anima muttered away to himself, "didn't even have time to go get another apple."

Following at the back of the group Torgeir bean to feel uneasy. He'd noticed the the giant Akei-en become more guarded as they had continued along the corridor. He 'd also felt the drop in temperature. Whilst he didn't find it unpleasant, it reminded him of long moonless nights standing watch at the entrance of his village, not being able to seen any further than the edge of the ball of light cast by a torch and not knowing whether that crunching snow was a ice beaver or something far more dangerous.

Additionally he couldn't shake the feeling that they were being followed, every time he stopped to look behind he couldn't see or hear a thing but that didn't alleviate the feeling in his gut that someone or something was out there.

He gently eased his shield round off his back and used his other hand to his lift his axe ever so slightly out of it's belt loop, then feeling slightly reassured he increased his pace slightly to draw level with Anima. If there was something following them it wasn't the best idea to be right at the back he decided.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Karakui
Status
Not open for further replies.