The Elder Scrolls: The Summerset Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tops of the trees brushed past a grey overcast sky as the cart rattled along the rough tracks that passed for roads in this particular corner of Skyrim. For Tor the sights, smells and sounds of Falkreath hold brought back a floods of memories and she stared into the turbulent sky lost in thought. She would have preferred to have been up and walking alongside the cart but each jolt of a stone passing under the wheels brought fresh agony from her assortment of semi healed wounds. Instead she was lying pressed up against the side boards of the wagon resisting the urge to try and kick Logan.

She had woken up several hours and many leagues earlier and upon seeing his face across from her had immediately tried to throttle him. Pain and disorientation had made her easy enough for the other occupants of the cart to subdue and then things had begun to be explained to her. The Imperial Brollius had done the lion’s share of the talking but all the members of the group had chipped in at some point. Knowledge of what had occurred after she had stepped of the bridge made it had doused the fires of hatred for Logan but the bastard was far from her favourite person in the immediate vicinity.

“By order of the Jarl stop the cart there!”

The barked order seemed to come out of nowhere and after struggling to lift herself to sitting up Tor was surprised to see the town of Falkreath laid out in front of her.

“In light of recent events the Jarl has ordered that all wagons be held in the custody of the guard, if you need to take it in to the town go and see the steward for permission”.

Whilst the other gathered up their things Tor used the time to slowly lower herself to the ground. The pain was bad but she found that if she moved slowly and cautiously it was bearable. When the last of her companions had vacated the cart the guards gave them a small token before leading the cart away. After a moment to let the guards get out of ear shot Tor turned to the rest of the group.

“I geuss we better get started then, I’m going to see a man about a bow and then the Inn, seems as a good a place to look for a lead as anywhere and if we are lucky my tab may still be open” she said in a whisper before setting of slowing into the town.​

Status
Not open for further replies.