The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night OOC + Sign-

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poeta Perdido

Original poster
The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night

OOC | IC
The World-Eater is fallen and the schism claiming countless lives within Skyrim has drawn ever nearer to a close. Ulfric Stormcloak is dead, his head claimed only hours ago by General Tullius on the steps of the Palace of the Kings. Seeing the rebel leader fall, the Champion of the Stormcloaks, the Dragonborn herself dropped her blade. After days of siege warfare countless bodies litter the streets of Windhelm, leaving the city a picture of as its people pray for the coming dawn. Mere hours after Windhelm has grown silent the prisoners within the dungeon awaken to a thunderous sound and strange figures. For these prisoners, so chosen by fate, the night is young.​

Welcome to The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night. Prepare yourself for an exploration into a world facing the aftermath of a war between two ideologies. This game takes place hours after the events of Skyrim's Civil War before the nation learns of its conclusion. Players will find themselves facing challenges rising from the ashes of the war as well as from a great and mystical threat no one could have expected. You will find this is a world full of mystery, magic, and many working in the shadows to set in motion a future for Skyrim and perhaps all of Tamriel.

Canon:
  • Blades in the Night takes place on 4E 202, 1st of Morning Star​
  • The Siege of Windhelm lasted days and ended hours prior to our beginning​
  • The Empire has Won, Ulfric Stormcloak is Dead, the Dragonborn is Imprisoned​
  • News of the Siege of Windhelm has not yet spread beyond the city​
  • The Dragon Crisis ended months prior to the present​
  • The Blades are led by Grandmaster Delphine and have grown with the help of the Dragonborn​
  • The College of Winterhold is flourishing and possess the Eye of Magnus​
  • Emperor Titus Mede II was assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood during the Civil War​
  • The Dark Brotherhood of Falkreath was destroyed after the death of Titus Mede II​
  • Surviving members of the Dark Brotherhood of Falkreath are unaware of Dawnstar​
  • A new Dark Brotherhood was founded in Dawnstar by the Dragonborn​
  • The Companions of Jorrvaskr are largely intact and remain in Whiterun​
  • The Thieves Guild of Skyrim is alive, but quiet since the Empire seized Riften​
  • Honningbrew Mead may be gone, but it remains the best damned mead in Skyrim​
Characters

@Pellegrino | Ealgian Parkh Another Godsdamned Poet
@Artorias | Varus Molspus A Soldier of Sorts
@caligari | Loïc Druadach Vampire Hunter from the Reach
@The_J | Jorkul An Orc both Lovable and Formidable
@derelict_lilyflower | Logan ey Ravensbourne A Bandit By Any Other Name
@Applo | Victoria Gunnarsdotter Hunter from the Rift
@Munchkin | Eralane Dornshade Thalmor Butcher

NPCs
  • To Be Filled

• If the rest of Tamriel did not take the events in Skyrim seriously before, they do today. The reappearance of dragons earned disbelief from many, yet the attention of all. Stories spread quickly of sightings and the great destruction in their wake and the hero who brought it all to end. Yet, though the great threat subsided, Tamriel's attention lingered. Skyrim returned to a battleground between ideologies with watching curiously to see if this would be the next transformation of the northern province. The Siege of Windhelm has ended, but only just, and agents sent from across Tamriel are scrambling to bring word of the victors to their benefactors. A great many nations all with the same question -- will the world soon return to war?
  • Blades in the Night is a game built on choice. Along the way we will encounter decisions big and small, some between compassion and apathy, and others acts of charity or selfishness. How the characters choose to proceed will effect the path ahead. Characters will be pushed to decide how to continue and it's likely their personal codes will be challenged along the way. The gods are not so transparent as to reward all good actions and punish all bad ones. Worse still, some choices will not bare fruit for some time and when they do, the effects may be felt immediately. My advice is to truly dig into the mind of your character, build relationships, and remember... Carpe Diem.
  • Blades in the Night begins with a group of prisoners in the Windhelm dungeon. Aside from the starting location, the rest of your character's story is entirely open. As the GM and a fellow player I will state a strong preference for believable characters that are compelling without becoming absurd. Have fun with who your character is and how they came to be that person, but do not give us another Sue or action flick lead. I would also like to call your attention to the Dragonborn. After banishing Alduin, slaying dragons, and besting countless draugr and bandits and legionaries, she dropped her sword during the Siege of Windhelm. No character is without weakness. Some will suffer due to physically, others will experience a thing so devastating they lose their will to fight on. This is a game about how we persevere, not how we so totally pwn'd that army. I truly look forward to seeing the interesting personalities you all develop.
  • All equipment has weight and all characters have bodies that tire. I will not be running your character's inventory weight against how much they bench, but I will call bullshit. Nobody is going to be running about with three steel plate breastplates, four swords, thirty deer skins, and a porcelain tub. Just be reasonable, alright? Likewise, the quality of your weapons and armour will not be solely determined by their material. Steel plate has certain advantages and weaknesses perhaps different from a leather cuirass, but the question of better has more to do with the wearer and their abilities. That said, it's common sense that swinging your wood staff against a dwarven battle-axe will probably not end well. Again, just be reasonable. Finally, please do not feel restricted only to the equipment available in Skyrim. I play exclusively with Immersive Armour and Weapons, so I appreciate lore-friendly additions like pikes, throwing knives, etc. Please explain how you obtain special items though and be aware over-powered equipment will make your turn in the approval process super easy.
  • Think of magic like you would archery in that it's most effective in trained hands and ineffective or dangerous to the user otherwise. When encountering magic you should assume the user is experienced. A well placed fireball or ice spike is as lethal as an arrow, if not worse. Glancing blows are a real threat as well, especially when it comes to flames or streams of cold. Magic users capable of such power are typically long-time students within the College of Winterhold , but it's entirely possible we will encounter a few on our travels as well (perhaps you're one!). Now let's talk healing. It's best to assume that if a magic user knows any spell, they probably the basics when it comes to restoration magic too. The key to remember is that magic will not heal wounds instantly, but it will encourage healing. If a character catches an arrow that bests their armour taking care to control the bleeding and deter infection is still most important. Casting a healing spell is a good second, as it will heal a wound that normally takes days in a manner of hours. More intricate or deadly wounds will require more potent magic, and even then, the work is fragile. Do not rely on healing magic alone.
  • Blades in the Night will include combat. Combat results in injuries mental and physical and in some cases may cause death -- best consult your gods before choosing combat. All jokes aside, it is extremely likely that your character will suffer all manner of painful repercussions from constant exposure to violent situations. In this game players will be held to a standard of semi-realism. In all likelihood every character will falter regularly and while most of the time this will mean a bruise, others it may mean a more lasting pain. I do not expect anyone to wobble about on a broken leg for half the game, but please keep some sense of reality. Those who are slow to adapt to this may notice the gods hold a special distaste for you. For those who fancy a vampire, werewolf, or addict this expectation of semi-realism is doubly true. The need for flesh and blood and skooma all boil down to a sort of pain deep down inside that must be fed lest it take you over entirely. I've personally played characters of this nature and recognize it's a great challenge. All in all, let's have fun and do our best to avoid the pointy ends, aye?
  • There are two primary stories within Blades in the Night. One story explores a world responding to the end of the Civil War and what this means for Skyrim and Tamriel as a whole. This quest will play off of cues planted in Skyrim with external creative inspiration as well. Missions related to this story line will incorporate visceral change and an all-together gritty take on the world. The second story introduces a threat that has slowly taken root in Skyrim and has now begun to make its presence known. This will be a quest full of mystery and intrigue with a more mystical tone reminiscent of Morrowind or Oblivion. Character decisions will develop these stories along the way, making this as much a game as a collaboration.

Character Sheet

Character Sheet
Name: Character's name and any alias they may go by

Race: What race they are (Altmer, Argonian, Bosmer, Breton, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orsimer, or Redguard.)

Family Origins: Where was your character born and raised? This may affect their cultural outlook. It can be anywhere in Tamriel, just bear in mind that, for example, a Cyrodiillic cosmopolitan orc will have a different culture and mentality than a Skyrim stronghold orc, or a Summerset Islands born and raised altmer may hold different values than one who was born and raised in Morrowind. If your character is a noble or holds any special titles, please note that here.

Profession: What does your character do to make a living? Some of the most interesting characters come from humble professions. The Elder Scrolls depicts brewers, vintners, knights, painters, authors, poets, chefs, soldiers, and so much more. Consider this profession when writing the background and skills too.

Appearance: A detailed description of what your character looks like and a picture or screenshot, if possible. Please, for the love of The Nine, no anime. The more people have to reference, the better if is for role playing purposes.

Age: How old your character is. Age brings wisdom, youth brings strength and energy. Keep in mind elves tend to have longer live spans than men and beast races. For instance, dunmer may end up having about 100 healthy, strong years before going into elderly twilight years where they will likely make it for another 20 to 30 years. Wood elves are likely similar, and Altmer may live for a few centuries.

Equipment: Please note your weapons and armour here. Understand that the more your character carries, the more encumbered they become. Carry too little, however, and you may find you lack important tools. I will not respect magic that enhances carrying ability in this game. Feel free to use equipment not typically in The Elder Scrolls (Immersive Armours and Weapons is a great mod to reference) so long as they are lore-friendly. For our purposes, equipment ranks will be taken with common sense.

Miscellanea: Things like lock picks, food, smithing materials, scolls, potions. The weight thing applies as well. Doesn't necessarily have to be things from the games.

NOTE: Please keep track of your inventory use!

Favored Skills: This section gets a bit more complicated. Using the main skills of the game (two handed, smithing, destruction, illusion, lock picking, pick pocketing, shield, et cetera) things are rated by proficiency. You may have 1 highly proficient skill, 3 moderately proficient skills, and 3 somewhat proficient skills. You may, however, move up a class at the expense of another skill of the level below it (e.g. you pick 1 highly proficient at the cost of 2 moderately proficient). Likewise, you can gain more skills if you downgrade a skill (1 moderately proficient becomes two somewhat proficient, for example).

Note: Skills from Oblivion and Morrowind are also fair game!

[SPECIAL NOTE FOR MAGES: For a quick understanding, Highly Proficient skills are equivalent of expert level spells, Moderately Proficient is Adept Level Spells, and Somewhat Proficient is Apprentice level. Keep that in mind when playing your character and picking your proficiencies. Please stick to spells you see in the games, but I'm not against combining some of them if it makes sense, but keep in mind your character would have to be exceptionally talented to do so. Run spell ideas by the GM if you aren't sure for approval, but if you see it in the games, you should be okay.]

Character Background: A decently descriptive backstory explaining who your character is and how they developed into the person they now are. You don't have to go too crazy, but a few well-written paragraphs would be nice. Please indicate what your character was doing prior to being sent to the dungeon. Some characters may have arrived immediately after the battle, perhaps others have served sentences much longer. This gives us an idea of your ability as a writer.

Relationships: Please list any family, friends, or individuals of note to your character here. Feel free to be brief in describing the nature of the connection and their location in the world too. An example would be: Leonardo DiCaprio, I stalk him regularly and think of him in the late wee hours of the night, Palm Springs.

Fighting Style: Explain how your character approaches combat and their particular skills and talents. This will help the group decide who is best suited to deal with particular situations.

Personality: Briefly explain what your character's personality is generally like, including quirks, faults, and so on. Strive to create believable people whether they view the world with a staggeringly dull perspective or have beliefs that perhaps may feel abrasive. I have a soft spot for characters struggling to abide by their own codes, beliefs, or addictions.

Font Colour: Let's make this mo'fo a (legible) rainbow.
Common Questions

Common Questions

1. You said this game is Game of Thrones meets The Elder Scrolls. Where's my GoT, brah?

Blades in the Night is based squarely in the world of The Elder Scrolls. Elements drawn from Game of Thrones include the political alliances, gritty semi-realism, and the idea that information is both valuable and slow to travel for most of us. This will be immediately important to our story as well as to characters who may have fought for the side.

2. How is Game of Thrones semi-realistic? A little cut gets infected, but I take ice spikes in stride in TES.

Semi-realism for our purposes means violence and damage is grounded in reality. Our characters are flesh-and-bone, they bend and bruise and pushed hard enough so too will they break. The decisions you make should take into account that any battle could have long-lasting effects on your well-being or that of the world. I like to sum this up with a phrase an old instructor of mine once told me, "Stupid hurts." Every character will get banged up, scratched, or bruised during combat. Unlike in Game of Thrones, I do not expect resurrection to be a common practice.

There's a good chance we will have one or two who know how to at least keep wounds from spoiling in our party. Don't be too afraid, but respect the dangers of violence.

3. Okay, so tell me about magic then. Will a fireball turn me into a roasted snack for the trolls?

Think of magic like any weapon. In the hands of someone learned and experienced magic is indeed powerful enough to cause great havoc. Individuals with this level of power are typically found in the halls of the College of Winterhold, though some others work throughout Tamriel and a few use their skills to take advantage of others. Inexperienced magic users are more likely to harm themselves than anyone else without guidance. Most people in Tamriel do not practice magic and depending on their culture may in fact fear the mystical arts. It's not uncommon for a layperson to know how to summon a spark, though.

When encountering a magic user it's best to assume they are the powerful sort until proven otherwise. Fighting a mage is not unlike engaging in a firefight or exchanging arrows. A single fireball or ice spike can cause devastating damage, but if you keep cover and make well-timed movements a direct shot will be difficult. Consider too some armour may be very helpful too -- a small ice spike probably wouldn't penetrate tempered steel.

4. That sounds pretty cool. Can I be an epic magic user then?

In the Character Sheet you will assign skill points to certain areas. You can undoubtedly stack these points toward being a powerful magic user, but you'll be sacrificing other abilities. Because magic takes many years to master and usually requires formal training, your character will probably be on the older side as well. Remember, no overpowered characters. Every strength has a drawback and if you are very skilled with magic I'd expect to see your path to such in the biography.

5. Speaking of skills, do I need stuff like athletics, acrobatics, and all that? How about speech?

Nobody will be jumping over massive walls here. Despite some of the more absurd aspects of these skills, they are helpful if your character is notably agile. The native bosmer accustomed to running from branch to branch and the thief skillfully scaling the gate are only two examples of how these skills may be applied. These are skills that some lack entirely.

Other skills are more about perfection. I would assume every character is capable of speaking, wearing armour, or throwing a punch. Applying points to these areas tells us more about how effective your character is in that area. One skilled in speech may avoid violence entirely, one accustomed to heavy armour will know exactly which blows to block and which to take, while one stacked toward hand-to-hand would be comparable to a martial artist.

Avoid becoming overpowered, but have fun with these skills. This is a world perfect for all playing styles.

6. What happens if my character is a Stormcloak, an assassin, or some other unsavoury sort?

I welcome characters who are not easy to play in this world. It's entirely possible your character was placed in jail for being a Stormcloak, or captured weeks prior after killing a target, or is simply a skooma addicted gutter-shite left to rot. No one else in the dungeon knows your history or allegiances. They may come up later in the game, but for now, everyone stands on even ground.

7. Say I'm a member of the Dark Brotherhood of Dawnstar then. Will I get to break off to go to the HQ?

Blade in the Night involves a significant amount of travel. It is entirely possible that we will happen upon areas that hold special value for some characters such as Dawnstar to associated members of the Dark Brotherhood. Keep in mind that I am keenly aware of each of your characters, their declared relationships, their homes, and their allegiances. If we visit a location with great importance to your character there may well be a reason. Also, keeping with our example, consider too that other characters may notice and follow others no matter how covert their dealings.

8. What are the rules about multiple PCs and NPCs?

For the time being players will be restricted to a single Playable Character each. You are welcome to create a couple NPCs, but due to the nature of our introduction it's unlikely they'll be physically present. This game will embrace the fact that Tamriel is far more populated than the games are capable of portraying. We will also find that, much like in Game of Thrones, families and allegiances hold much sway in this world too. As a result I would expect everyone to generate a few NPCs where appropriate that we all share. There will be some NPCs that may only be controlled by the GM to preserve the story line as well. If you ever wonder if it's appropriate to control a NPC simply speak to the creator or a GM.

[/user]

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted:

@Artorias | Varus Molspus Former Imperial Officer, Not Quite Blade
@caligari | Loïc Druadach Vampire Hunter from the Reach
@The_J | Jorkul An Orc both Lovable and Formidable
@derelict_lilyflower | Logan ey Ravensbourne A Bandit By Any Other Name

My concerns were largely minor for a couple characters and have been PMed. Glad to have such an interesting crew! To be clear, we will be accepted applications after today, however, characters accepted after the introduction of this game will have a unique experience from our esteemed heroes above.

Accepted Crew - Familiarize yourself with the OOC details if you haven't already. Everyone will begin in the Windhelm prisons a few hours after the Siege of Windhelm is won. The city is still in chaos, the dead still litter the streets, and no one truly knows the extent of the losses on either side. Expect more details in my IC post, but needless to say, it's going to be one hell of a night. Also, the ideal posting speed is 1-2 times a week with a few paragraphs in a post that advance the story -- quality over quantity, though, everyone here should be fine.

So my idea is for a Necromancer who is a leader of his own underground cult, they call themselves Alternative [Life] Creationist, life is in brackets. They um boast that they are um friendly Necromancers and feel like Necromancers are given a bad reputation. So they are trying to change the views of Necromancers by their name. But the irony is they are secret shady organization underground experimenting on dead bodies, lol
@Pellegrino

I never actually got a confirmation for this idea. I didn't want to run such an idea without the GMs consent. Because it is kind of a wacky idea, but will be played with utmost seriousness.

edit-

So that's not entirely fair that I won't be able to start in the prisons and get a totally different experience because you just got back to me on Tuesday. Your deadline day. How is that fair?

@Pellegrino

I never actually got a confirmation for this idea. I didn't want to run such an idea without the GMs consent. Because it is kind of a wacky idea, but will be played with utmost seriousness.

edit-

So that's not entirely fair that I won't be able to start in the prisons and get a totally different experience because you just got back to me on Tuesday. Your deadline day. How is that fair?

I am sorry that you feel the situation is unfair for you, however, I answered your questions promptly as recently as Saturday. I will point out that others have presented risky ideas in this time without issue. You still have time to get an application in for review for the introduction of the game.

I am sorry that you feel the situation is unfair for you, however, I answered your questions promptly as recently as Saturday. I will point out that others have presented risky ideas in this time without issue. You still have time to get an application in for review for the introduction of the game.

You didn't answer the part that I quoted. I wanted a yay or nay before I actually did it. But nevermind. Clearly you're not into brainstorming. So goodluck with your endeavors

Character Sheet

Name: Victoria (Tor) Gunnarsdotter

Race: Nord

Family Origins: Born and raised in Helgen. Tor's farther was a Falkreath native having lived in Helgen all her life while her mother was originally from the Rift.

Profession: Hunter, Former Scout for the Stormcloak army

Appearance: 5"10, shoulder length roughly cut brown hair , Green eyes, Slightly narrow shoulders and wiry limbs. Currently she is covered in dirt and grime from a couple of months spent in the dungeon

Skyrim_Nord.jpg

Equipment: Ragged blue shirt and trousers with matching fabric bound round her feet. A small metal shiv and a wooden bowl

Favored Skills:
  • Archery (Highly proficient)
  • Sneaking (Highly proficient)
  • One handed (Moderately proficient)
  • Light Armour (Somewhat proficient)
  • Alchemy (Somewhat Proficient)
  • Speech (somewhat proficient)

Character Background: Tor spent her youth playing in and exploring in the forests of Falkreath hold at first with her older brother Karl and then as she got older by herself. With the birth of her sister Cerys Tors life changed as she was expected to help contribute to the family by helping her mother around the home. Tor intensely disliked this new domestic lifestyle and lived for the days when her farther would take pity on her and let her accompany him and Karl on hunting trips in the woods around the hold. Tor took to hunting like a duck to water and after a few years was bringing home more game then both her brother and farther and far more than the family could use. She would sell the excess to other families in Helgen or some of the hunting shops in Skyrim.

The happy if somewhat sedate and quiet life was abruptly shattered by two tragedies in rapid succession. At the start of the Stormcloak rebellion Karl stole away in the dead of night to join Ulfric's army and was killed in one of the first skirmishes of the war. The second tragedy occurred with the World Eaters attack on Helgen killing Tor's parents and utterly destroying the family home and all their possessions. Tor only survived the attack because she'd been out in the woods showing her young sister how to track game. With nothing left to stay for she took her sister to live with her mothers sister in Shor's Stone and set out to make enough money so that she and her sister could build a new home of their own.

For sometime Tor drifted round Skyrim doing as much hunting as possible and and mercenary contracts when times or money were scarce. Tor mostly found the mercenary work as abhorrent as it was necessary, she felt more often then not she was being used by the powerful to oppress or kill people who had little chance to defend themselves and on more than one occasion she quit midway through a contract. With the cessation of the dragon crisis she felt drawn to join the Stormcloaks, not for Ulfric's cause but for a blood debt she felt all the people of Skyrim owed the Dragonborn. Her time with the Stormcloak army was brief after she struck her commander in a dispute about weather to kill a suspected Imperial collaborator or take them face trial. Because of her brothers sacrifice Ulfric allowed her to live but he could not overlook the infraction and so had her cast into the Windhelm dungeons where she has lingered for the last couple of months.

Whilst she doesn't know about Ulfrics death seeing the Imperial soldiers take over the dungeon has led her to guess that the war has been lost. She is currently trying keep her head down so that no one identifies her as a former Stoamcloak to keep her from being included in whatever retribution the Imperials might have planned.

Relationships:
  • Cerys Gunnarsdotter: Younger sister currently living in Shor's stone. Whilst very fond of her younger sister Tor is keeping her distance to keep Cerys safe.​
  • Aunt Ingebord: Has a smallholding in Shor's Stone which she inherited from her long dead husband. Tor and Ingebord share a strained relationship which is really only held together by the ties of blood.​
  • The Dragonborn: Held in high regard by Tor for her Dragonborn status as well as her actions in the dragon crisis, they have never met.​
  • The Thieves Guild: On good if not openly friendly terms with some of the members due to the fact that several members had been hunters in the past.​
  • Elrindir and Anoriath of The Drunken Huntsmen: A friendly but workaday relationship formed during Tor's hunting days when she would sell her surplus to them.​

Fighting Style: Tors prefers to avoid combat when possible either by sneaking away from the conflict or by talking her way out. When someone or something does need to be killed Tor tends to find a hidden vantage point and try to kill it with a well placed arrow only resorting to close combat when all other options are exhausted.

Personality: As a hunter Tor has long got used to being by herself often passing the time by holding up both ends of a conversation or argument in her head. Since the attack on Helgen she has grown colder and more solemn though she began to thaw towards the other members of her unit before she was imprisoned.

Font: The pale blue of Luke Skywalker's light saber, before it was digitally remastered

Last edited:
You didn't answer the part that I quoted. I wanted a yay or nay before I actually did it. But nevermind. Clearly you're not into brainstorming. So goodluck with your endeavors
No need to run off just now. @Pellegrino thought that you meant that you felt that the response he gave or didn't give was unfair. I can see what you meant was that you were worried that you starting outside the prison might be unfair to others. Pellegrino isn't giving up on brainstorming, he just didn't get what you were on about.

Also woohoo accepted.

No need to run off just now. @Pellegrino thought that you meant that you felt that the response he gave or didn't give was unfair. I can see what you meant was that you were worried that you starting outside the prison might be unfair to others. Pellegrino isn't giving up on brainstorming, he just didn't get what you were on about.

Also woohoo accepted.

If it is a misunderstanding than I apologize. I was simply trying to get a confirmation on this idea:

So my idea is for a Necromancer who is a leader of his own underground cult, they call themselves Alternative [Life] Creationist, life is in brackets. They um boast that they are um friendly Necromancers and feel like Necromancers are given a bad reputation. So they are trying to change the views of Necromancers by their name. But the irony is they are secret shady organization underground experimenting on dead bodies, lol

I wanted a clear, yes, put up the sheet sounds interesting or a no. I wanted to see the opinions of others before I did it. I put a lot of time and effort into my concepts and ideas for characters. So I like to ask about my ideas first before putting up the sheets.

My anxiety always makes it difficult for me to gauge how people feel about my ideas and when they don't like them I feel like I failed them.

Name: Eralane Dornshade (The Thalmor Butcher)

Race: Bosmer

Family Origins: Born and raised in Valenwood, Eralane was trained from a child in archery. Her father was an expert archer, and her mother an expert alchemist.

Profession: Hunter/gatherer ; selling meat, pelts, horns, etc.; she also collects whatever may be considered valuable on the road (mountain flowers, mushrooms, etc).

zFkWpUdAGQg.jpg

Appearance: Eralane shares the same stern face as her brother and sister Bosmers. Her amber-colored eyes are sharp and observant. Her hair, short and red, is usually pulled back from her face. Her skin is a warm tan color, sprinkled with freckles.

Equipment:
Leather armor, boots, bracers
Ebony bow (1)
Steel arrow (30)
Iron arrow (40)
Ebony arrow (15)
Throwing knives (3; steel)

Miscellanea:
Lockpick (15)
Damage Health Potion(1)
Damage Stamina potion (3)
Frostbite Poison (5)
Health Potion (3)
Stamina Potion (3)
Magica Potion (2)
Dried Meat Strips (10)
Red Mountain Flower (10)
Blue Mountain Flower (10)
Blisterwort (14)
Wheat (15)
Imp Stool (10)

Favored Skills:
1 Proficient Skill: Archery
4 Moderately proficient skills: Alchemy; Lockpick; Sneak; Light Armor
1 Somewhat proficient skills: Speech
**Also has the ability to call for aid from animals once a day

Character Background:

Eralane wasn't born when the Thalmor-Backed coup happened in Valenwood, but her grandparents were murdered, and her parents lived their lives under the strict rule of the Thalmor. The coup brought the freedom-seekers closer together instead of silencing them. Her parents were highly respected in the rebel community, but also in the Thalmor community. They were more like double agents than anything else. They were close to the Thalmor, and because of the Thalmor's trust in them, they were able to provide Eralane with a safe and happy childhood. Her father was an expert archer, and her mother an expert alchemist. Together they taught Eralane how to survive on her own, just in case anything would happen. She was taught her some basic magic, enough to start a fire with a few sparks. But she also perfected her skill in her Animal Call--the ability to call on animals for help. An ability only able to use once a day, but both parents made sure she was well-versed in their people's natural-born ability. They taught her how to hunt, how to craft her own bow, how to haggle to get a good price for whatever she caught, how to dress her prey--how to live alone. At the time, Eralane saw it as fun and games. Each time she reached the goal of learning another skill, she was rewarded with praise from her parents.
She never knew the kind of danger her family was in each day. Strange people would come to their home, sometimes poor looking people, other times wealthy looking people. Her parents would tell her to go outside and play or practice while her parents had serious-looking conversations over papers and maps. "The Thalmor are dangerous people," her father once told her, "They cannot be trusted, they have killed many people, both my parents, and your mother's parents."
"So why haven'y you stopped them?" young Eralane asked,
"We are... but it's a slow, dangerous process," he replied, "Something your mother and I have been working on since you were a little baby... but there's something you must know, Eralane. Something you should take with you once you've left us." Once she's left them? But she was never going to leave her parents. She loved them. What was he going on about? "The Thalmor are strong, they've done terrible things to our people, but you must never let your anger or hatred of them consume you, do you understand? Hatred and revenge will tear you apart inside, it festers and rots you... it will turn you into a monster, more terrible than they are..."
That was the last conversation she remembered having with her father--the last serious one, anyway. Her parents had been discovered, and one night their door was burst apart and their home flooded with soldiers. Eralane's mother had her hide in the basement. Her father was a good fighter, and while he took down a few soldiers, he was ultimately outnumbered. The Thalmor knew about Eralane, knew who she was, and tore the house apart until they found her. Dragging her away, Eralane got a glimpse of her parent's bodies before being thrown on horseback, and taken away. She was put in a cell for the night, told they would ask her questions in the morning. But she wasn't there in the morning. A Thalmor soldier unlocked her cell, and came in, knelt down beside her and lifted his helmet, "Eralane, I'm here to help you get out. I'm a friend of your parents. We don't have long. There's a trading caravan outside waiting to smuggle you out of Valenwood and into Skyrim."

--
She took with her the things her parents had taught her, and it aided her in surviving on her own. She started earning money by selling what she hunted, as well as selling potions and potion ingredients. She traded with the Kahjiit caravans, befriended a few of them and was trained in sneak and lock-picking. Eralane is a woman of survival, so she does what she has to to survive, even if it's something illegal. She has on more than one occasion, stolen or broken into places to get food, supplies, and the like.
She has also gotten into trouble for causing fights. She has a pure hatred for both the Thalmor and Thalmor supporters. She's gotten into several fights when overhearing someone speak of the Thalmor favorably. If she sees someone who is a Thalmor member, she almost always tries to kill them, unless they're traveling in a group and she knows she's outnumbered. She's tracked several of them down, murdered them, rather gruesomely, and left threatening messages behind for any other Thalmor members or supporters, which is where she gets her alias name, The Thalmor Butcher. She has, on more than one occasion, seduced a Thalmor member, although typically her style is to find them alone and strike.
Eralane had come to Windhelm to sell her wares when she discovered a Thalmor supporter in the inn. She was caught choking the man in his bed, and sent to the Windhelm dungeons. The victim didn't die, though Eralane is under charges of breaking and entering and attempted murder.

Relationships:
General goods traders: Eralane regularly visits the general goods stores in villages and cities to sell whatever she had found on the road. She regularly visits these places when having found something out-of-the-ordinary, or something she doesn't know the value of.
Black Smith: Eralane frequents black-smiths to sell pelts and leather.
Apothecaries: Eralane frequents apothecaries to both buy and sell; since she doesn't have a place of her own to brew potions, many times she asks permission from apothecary owners to borrow theirs.
Thalmor: because of the murder's she's committed, the Thalmor have officially put her on their kill list. Her identity is not known yet to them, although because of the infamous mistreatment of Wood Elves the Thalmor have inflicted they correctly assume the culprit to be a Bosmer.

Fighting Style: Stealth is Eralane's strong point. She stalks her prey, wether it be a person or an animal, and wait's for the right moment before striking. If she needs the prey down in one hit, she uses a poisoned arrow or a poisoned throwing blade. She also sneaks up to prey and attacks, usually by sneaking up behind them and slitting their throat. She's not well trained in melee or hand-to-hand, so if she is confronted in combat she is weaker. She is agile, however, and can dodge and run quickly. While she has a lot of stamina, she can be easily overpowered by someone with more strength.

Personality: Eralane is quiet and observant, although she is very opinionated and will speak up when she feels the time is right. Her love is for the forest, where she spends most of her time. She prefers to live out there, the simple life, not in a city. She has a spiritual connection with all living things and has a certain connection with animals (doesn't mean they don't attack her). She is a very caring person, and reaches out to those in need. She is very much a protector, and her motherly instinct is very strong, although she has never had children of her own. She has a softness toward children, it may even be called a weakness. No matter the race or origin, she will do everything in her power to save a child if he or she is in danger. She is very honest and straightforward, and non judgmental (except of corse towards the Thalmor). She also tends to not hold grudges that aren't Thalmor-related. The Thalmor bring the worst out in her. She goes from a caring, gentle person to murdering monster. It is undoubtedly her ugliest flaw.

FONT COLOR: PEACH

If it is a misunderstanding than I apologize. I was simply trying to get a confirmation on this idea:

I wanted a clear, yes, put up the sheet sounds interesting or a no. I wanted to see the opinions of others before I did it. I put a lot of time and effort into my concepts and ideas for characters. So I like to ask about my ideas first before putting up the sheets.

My anxiety always makes it difficult for me to gauge how people feel about my ideas and when they don't like them I feel like I failed them.
I would consider the back and forth I have seen here in the OOC to be quite enough. Truthfully, Clyde, I would discourage you from pursuing this roleplay as I feel this simply is not a fit. There is something to be said about those bold enough to jump in with a creative, yet well thought concept. Thus far I have seen hesitance that seems to suggest a lack of confidence in the idea, an idea that might have promise if posed in a more structured and clear way. I apologize for any anxiety you might have felt.

I would consider the back and forth I have seen here in the OOC to be quite enough. Truthfully, Clyde, I would discourage you from pursuing this roleplay as I feel this simply is not a fit. There is something to be said about those bold enough to jump in with a creative, yet well thought concept. Thus far I have seen hesitance that seems to suggest a lack of confidence in the idea, an idea that might have promise if posed in a more structured and clear way. I apologize for any anxiety you might have felt.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off rude. I tend to like to brainstorm first before putting the idea down to paper. Because I never really have a structured idea until it hits me. And it hit me. Please forgive my earlier discretions, I'll share the WIP I have been working on.

I don't really understand which part of your character's background would contradict the tone of the rest of the rp, or what you so eagerly needed confirmation for. I don't really see what was so controversial that you required confirmation for your idea prior to posting the cs. This isn't a criticism or anything - in my opinion, its a good idea but if its background it doesn't really affect the rest of the roleplayers. Much ado about nothing?

I don't really understand which part of your character's background would contradict the tone of the rest of the rp, or what you so eagerly needed confirmation for. I don't really see what was so controversial that you required confirmation for your idea prior to posting the cs. This isn't a criticism or anything - in my opinion, its a good idea but if its background it doesn't really affect the rest of the roleplayers. Much ado about nothing?

Gotcha I understand. It's simply in the past....I have just put up ideas before and have been treated poorly. I do it out of a precautionary necessity. Old habits are hard to kill.

blah

Last edited:
The pale blue of Luke Skywalker's light saber, before it was digitally remastered
I'm ashamed to know this reference.

Reactions: Applo
Small note: I made two small last minute edits to my character namely the wearing of a hawk skull amulet and the fact he carries around an elk skull. I felt his Forsworn background wasn't shown enough in his belongings, focusing too much on the dawnguard rather than the Forsworn.

Name: Ealgian Parikh

Race: Bosmer

Family Origins: Ealgian was born in northern Valenwood. He is the fourth and youngest child in his family born to father who is not only a clan chieftain, but said to be a direct descendant of the Parikh Tribe of the Black Year. Despite such seemingly advantageous roots, he would spend only his childhood in lush Valenwood. Ealgian split his formative years between Cyrodiil and Skyrim as an apprentice to an altmer of power.

Profession: Professor with the Bards College of Solitude, Member of the Blades

Appearance: Ealgian stands half a hand taller than other bosmer and short by as much compared to most others. His shoulders are broad, the rest of his body so lean that upon first glance his appendages look starved. His hands are large with strong fingers evolved from generations of life within the forests. Ealgian is gaunt with sharp cheekbones and a long, narrow chin tipped with a beard the colour of steel. Atop his head is a wide stripe of long, dark hair bound back with the sides and back of his head closely shaven. He wears two silver rings in his left ear and two black in his right. A scar cuts from his left cheek straight up to his hairline, as if purposefully calling attention to the pale strands beginning to grow. Ealgian is typically seen wearing a light suit of traditional bosmeri armour or a black leather doublet, either with an appropriately matched hood.

Equipment:
  • Light Bosmer Cuirass worn atop a Black leather Doublet
  • Fur-lined Travelor's Boots
  • Dark Fur Mantle
  • Leather Satchel and Belt Bags
  • Assortment of Pouches full of Ingredients
  • Worn Journal
  • Bone Hunting Knife
  • Single-Edge Steel Short Sword
  • Single-Edge Silver Knife
  • Valenwood Short Bow
  • Handmade Bone Arrows
  • Fletching Supplies
  • 1 Day of Rations including Dried Meat, Waterskin, and Wineskin
  • 3x Vials of Skooma
Favored Skills:
Highly Proficient: Archery, Sneak​
Moderately Proficient: Short Blade​
Somewhat Proficient: Alchemy, Acrobatics, Speech​

Character Background: In the wee small hours of the morning Ealgian sits at his desk with a quill and journal. His letters are sharp and refined as those of his teacher, a high-born altmer, once were. Each morning is the same. He awakens shortly before dawn stirred by visions of unfathomably old forests with cities built upon woven branches and heavenly beams of light peaking through the canopy above. He sees poetry in his dreams and with this beauty fresh in mind, he attempts to illustrate the dreamy paradise in words and drawings alike. After a while his purpose changes. Recalling a dream turns to recalling a memory and each morning he recounts how the youngest child of a Valenwood tribe grows to become poet, let alone a Blade.

Ealgian is the fourth child of the chief of the Parikh Tribe. He was born into a family said to descend from the Parikh Tribe of the Third Era. His father was as much a storyteller as a warrior, however, even as a youth Ealgian noticed how the altmer approached their tribe differently. Before Ealgian was born his father had moved the tribe to northern Valenwood. Their people were an especially formidable lot, perhaps a trait from their ancestors, and thinking back Ealgian has wondered from time to time if the Dominion had not suggested the change as part of the coup. Regardless, Ealgian spent his childhood like any bosmer in the tribe. He napped atop of mossy branches, learned to hold a bow long before ever gripping a sword, and passed the rest of his time at play. Life was all-together pleasant.

Politics changed everything. Ealgian often ponders the type of mer he would be had his father not sent him away. He was a decade into life when the altmer first came around. The golden skinned high-born towered above his father as they discussed tribal affairs and other topics his child self found too droll to absorb. He called himself an ambassador of the Dominion and within the year Ealgian would become his apprentice. The unique pain and excitement of leaving home consumed the boy until his master began to teach him the way of the altmer. Ealgian still finds his quill hesitant to describe the years of tutelage. Those years are a traumatic blur of Dominion torture chambers and mental manipulation that his master enjoyed to such a degree he thought such tasks wholesome and appropriate his young apprentice as well. And so the youth played the role of a monster by day and wept by night until so many days passed that the tears ran dry. Ealgian had all but accepted his fate until one day broke the pattern.

Unfortunately for you, reader, Ealgian swore an oath to never put those events to paper. What he cannot deny is that during a trip to the Rift in southeast Skyrim his master was cut down by strange folk. By this time he was a mer grown and the Great War was still a few years off. He chased a daydream to Solitude, enrolled as a student of the Bard's College, and left that old life behind. His writings often remarked to the dark years of his youth. Some stories precise and disturbing, others were short poems speaking only in unsettling metaphors. Not a year after publishing a piece on the death of his master, before swearing his oath of course, he found the same strange folk from his past waiting by his bunk. It was that very day that Ealgian disappeared from Solitude. He would not be seen again until a few years after the Great War. Ealgian was a changed mer, more focused than ever before, and threw himself deeply into his writings. His dedication to the arts earned him a position within the college. Ealgian disappears from time-to-time, but never fails to send new work back to Solitude in his absence. About now he is off somewhere unknown to his colleagues who fully expect he'll turn any day now.

Relationships:
  • Bards College - Ealgian is acquainted with all of his colleagues, but not especially close to any one. Students are more apt to recognize his name than his face.
  • High-Born Master, Dead - Ealgian does not pay the bastard respect of using his name. He is all too aware of the skills he gained during his tutelage, however, he despises his master not only for his cruelty, but for the darkness of his spirit.
  • Strange Folk / The Blades - Ealgian was watched by the Blades since they killed his master like so many members to be. He was formally inducted into the order around 4E 170 and is best known to those who survived the war and succeeding years of Thalmor persecution. New members are likely unaware of survivors beyond Delphine and Esbern.
  • Thalmor - Ealgian is believed to have always been a Blade by the Dominion. They consider him responsible for the death of his master and consider him a medium-priority target.
  • Public - Ealgian publishes his works under two pen names and is therefore unlikely to be recognized by the general public.

Fighting Style: Conflict is as much a thing of fortune as wits and skill. Ealgian finds the odds most often favour one who is confident, yet not proud in their approach. He is capable of avoiding violence, and will do so given the chance, but should he is quick to notch an arrow. Ealgian prefers to tackle his foes from either a great distance or intimate proximity. He will go out of his way to find an archer's nest if a battle is expected. When a fight arises quickly and archery is inappropriate, he employs short blades or knives and strikes to disable. Ealgian did not receive formal combat training as a soldier would. More than once has Ealgian been referred to as a 'dishonest fighter' by a foe -- usually after a mortal wound.

Personality: Ealgian dreams of sunlight beaming through interwoven branches above, revealing the mossy earth below. His youth in Valenwood feels distant after decades of separation and has made his early years into an almost religious longing for paradise. He was too young to remember the truth of his father's actions and has experienced too much to spare a thought on his old kin. Spending his formative years as an 'apprentice' to a Thalmor agent left its marks as well. Ealgian learned of rhetoric and the finer points of the nature of men and mer. The ability to manipulate and maneuver is not one he consciously applies, but rises to the surface nevertheless. For better or for worse, the Thalmor agent also impressed upon Ealgian an all-together skewed moral compass. He was taught loyalty above all and that no action is right or wrong so long it followed a plan as guide no matter how the heart may sway -- in effect, everything is permitted. In total, Ealgian is a quiet archer lurking in the shadows with dreams of the light. He does and believes in each action. His loyalties are his own and need not be declared.

On a side note, Ealgian adheres to a bastardized interpretation of the Green Pact. He makes a point of collecting a reasonable portion of his enemies flesh after their defeat to consume within three day's time. Despite avoiding most plant-based foods, Ealgian is known to use natural ingredients for fletching, building fires, and alchemy. He has spent relatively little time around bosmer following the Pact, most assume he is foreign-born and non-devout. He also smokes a weak form of skooma from time to time.

Font Colour: Oh Baby.

Reactions: Munchkin
@Munchkin -- Welcome to the game.

@Applo -- You are accepted on the condition that you stay mindful of the little issues. Readability, yo!

Everyone -- Expect that IC post tomorrow. In light of a couple recent additions I will be taking the day to tailouring the introduction to fuck everyone up optimize your game experience. Many thanks for the patience!

Monster post coming tonight. Excuse the delay. Be forewarned, your first posts will be well used to look into the minds, pasts, or dreams of your characters.

---

The IC is alive! Link at the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.