The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night OOC + Sign-

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poeta Perdido

Original poster
The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night

OOC | IC
The World-Eater is fallen and the schism claiming countless lives within Skyrim has drawn ever nearer to a close. Ulfric Stormcloak is dead, his head claimed only hours ago by General Tullius on the steps of the Palace of the Kings. Seeing the rebel leader fall, the Champion of the Stormcloaks, the Dragonborn herself dropped her blade. After days of siege warfare countless bodies litter the streets of Windhelm, leaving the city a picture of as its people pray for the coming dawn. Mere hours after Windhelm has grown silent the prisoners within the dungeon awaken to a thunderous sound and strange figures. For these prisoners, so chosen by fate, the night is young.​

Welcome to The Elder Scrolls: Blades in the Night. Prepare yourself for an exploration into a world facing the aftermath of a war between two ideologies. This game takes place hours after the events of Skyrim's Civil War before the nation learns of its conclusion. Players will find themselves facing challenges rising from the ashes of the war as well as from a great and mystical threat no one could have expected. You will find this is a world full of mystery, magic, and many working in the shadows to set in motion a future for Skyrim and perhaps all of Tamriel.

Canon:
  • Blades in the Night takes place on 4E 202, 1st of Morning Star​
  • The Siege of Windhelm lasted days and ended hours prior to our beginning​
  • The Empire has Won, Ulfric Stormcloak is Dead, the Dragonborn is Imprisoned​
  • News of the Siege of Windhelm has not yet spread beyond the city​
  • The Dragon Crisis ended months prior to the present​
  • The Blades are led by Grandmaster Delphine and have grown with the help of the Dragonborn​
  • The College of Winterhold is flourishing and possess the Eye of Magnus​
  • Emperor Titus Mede II was assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood during the Civil War​
  • The Dark Brotherhood of Falkreath was destroyed after the death of Titus Mede II​
  • Surviving members of the Dark Brotherhood of Falkreath are unaware of Dawnstar​
  • A new Dark Brotherhood was founded in Dawnstar by the Dragonborn​
  • The Companions of Jorrvaskr are largely intact and remain in Whiterun​
  • The Thieves Guild of Skyrim is alive, but quiet since the Empire seized Riften​
  • Honningbrew Mead may be gone, but it remains the best damned mead in Skyrim​
Characters

@Pellegrino | Ealgian Parkh Another Godsdamned Poet
@Artorias | Varus Molspus A Soldier of Sorts
@caligari | Loïc Druadach Vampire Hunter from the Reach
@The_J | Jorkul An Orc both Lovable and Formidable
@derelict_lilyflower | Logan ey Ravensbourne A Bandit By Any Other Name
@Applo | Victoria Gunnarsdotter Hunter from the Rift
@Munchkin | Eralane Dornshade Thalmor Butcher

NPCs
  • To Be Filled

• If the rest of Tamriel did not take the events in Skyrim seriously before, they do today. The reappearance of dragons earned disbelief from many, yet the attention of all. Stories spread quickly of sightings and the great destruction in their wake and the hero who brought it all to end. Yet, though the great threat subsided, Tamriel's attention lingered. Skyrim returned to a battleground between ideologies with watching curiously to see if this would be the next transformation of the northern province. The Siege of Windhelm has ended, but only just, and agents sent from across Tamriel are scrambling to bring word of the victors to their benefactors. A great many nations all with the same question -- will the world soon return to war?
  • Blades in the Night is a game built on choice. Along the way we will encounter decisions big and small, some between compassion and apathy, and others acts of charity or selfishness. How the characters choose to proceed will effect the path ahead. Characters will be pushed to decide how to continue and it's likely their personal codes will be challenged along the way. The gods are not so transparent as to reward all good actions and punish all bad ones. Worse still, some choices will not bare fruit for some time and when they do, the effects may be felt immediately. My advice is to truly dig into the mind of your character, build relationships, and remember... Carpe Diem.
  • Blades in the Night begins with a group of prisoners in the Windhelm dungeon. Aside from the starting location, the rest of your character's story is entirely open. As the GM and a fellow player I will state a strong preference for believable characters that are compelling without becoming absurd. Have fun with who your character is and how they came to be that person, but do not give us another Sue or action flick lead. I would also like to call your attention to the Dragonborn. After banishing Alduin, slaying dragons, and besting countless draugr and bandits and legionaries, she dropped her sword during the Siege of Windhelm. No character is without weakness. Some will suffer due to physically, others will experience a thing so devastating they lose their will to fight on. This is a game about how we persevere, not how we so totally pwn'd that army. I truly look forward to seeing the interesting personalities you all develop.
  • All equipment has weight and all characters have bodies that tire. I will not be running your character's inventory weight against how much they bench, but I will call bullshit. Nobody is going to be running about with three steel plate breastplates, four swords, thirty deer skins, and a porcelain tub. Just be reasonable, alright? Likewise, the quality of your weapons and armour will not be solely determined by their material. Steel plate has certain advantages and weaknesses perhaps different from a leather cuirass, but the question of better has more to do with the wearer and their abilities. That said, it's common sense that swinging your wood staff against a dwarven battle-axe will probably not end well. Again, just be reasonable. Finally, please do not feel restricted only to the equipment available in Skyrim. I play exclusively with Immersive Armour and Weapons, so I appreciate lore-friendly additions like pikes, throwing knives, etc. Please explain how you obtain special items though and be aware over-powered equipment will make your turn in the approval process super easy.
  • Think of magic like you would archery in that it's most effective in trained hands and ineffective or dangerous to the user otherwise. When encountering magic you should assume the user is experienced. A well placed fireball or ice spike is as lethal as an arrow, if not worse. Glancing blows are a real threat as well, especially when it comes to flames or streams of cold. Magic users capable of such power are typically long-time students within the College of Winterhold , but it's entirely possible we will encounter a few on our travels as well (perhaps you're one!). Now let's talk healing. It's best to assume that if a magic user knows any spell, they probably the basics when it comes to restoration magic too. The key to remember is that magic will not heal wounds instantly, but it will encourage healing. If a character catches an arrow that bests their armour taking care to control the bleeding and deter infection is still most important. Casting a healing spell is a good second, as it will heal a wound that normally takes days in a manner of hours. More intricate or deadly wounds will require more potent magic, and even then, the work is fragile. Do not rely on healing magic alone.
  • Blades in the Night will include combat. Combat results in injuries mental and physical and in some cases may cause death -- best consult your gods before choosing combat. All jokes aside, it is extremely likely that your character will suffer all manner of painful repercussions from constant exposure to violent situations. In this game players will be held to a standard of semi-realism. In all likelihood every character will falter regularly and while most of the time this will mean a bruise, others it may mean a more lasting pain. I do not expect anyone to wobble about on a broken leg for half the game, but please keep some sense of reality. Those who are slow to adapt to this may notice the gods hold a special distaste for you. For those who fancy a vampire, werewolf, or addict this expectation of semi-realism is doubly true. The need for flesh and blood and skooma all boil down to a sort of pain deep down inside that must be fed lest it take you over entirely. I've personally played characters of this nature and recognize it's a great challenge. All in all, let's have fun and do our best to avoid the pointy ends, aye?
  • There are two primary stories within Blades in the Night. One story explores a world responding to the end of the Civil War and what this means for Skyrim and Tamriel as a whole. This quest will play off of cues planted in Skyrim with external creative inspiration as well. Missions related to this story line will incorporate visceral change and an all-together gritty take on the world. The second story introduces a threat that has slowly taken root in Skyrim and has now begun to make its presence known. This will be a quest full of mystery and intrigue with a more mystical tone reminiscent of Morrowind or Oblivion. Character decisions will develop these stories along the way, making this as much a game as a collaboration.

Character Sheet

Character Sheet
Name: Character's name and any alias they may go by

Race: What race they are (Altmer, Argonian, Bosmer, Breton, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orsimer, or Redguard.)

Family Origins: Where was your character born and raised? This may affect their cultural outlook. It can be anywhere in Tamriel, just bear in mind that, for example, a Cyrodiillic cosmopolitan orc will have a different culture and mentality than a Skyrim stronghold orc, or a Summerset Islands born and raised altmer may hold different values than one who was born and raised in Morrowind. If your character is a noble or holds any special titles, please note that here.

Profession: What does your character do to make a living? Some of the most interesting characters come from humble professions. The Elder Scrolls depicts brewers, vintners, knights, painters, authors, poets, chefs, soldiers, and so much more. Consider this profession when writing the background and skills too.

Appearance: A detailed description of what your character looks like and a picture or screenshot, if possible. Please, for the love of The Nine, no anime. The more people have to reference, the better if is for role playing purposes.

Age: How old your character is. Age brings wisdom, youth brings strength and energy. Keep in mind elves tend to have longer live spans than men and beast races. For instance, dunmer may end up having about 100 healthy, strong years before going into elderly twilight years where they will likely make it for another 20 to 30 years. Wood elves are likely similar, and Altmer may live for a few centuries.

Equipment: Please note your weapons and armour here. Understand that the more your character carries, the more encumbered they become. Carry too little, however, and you may find you lack important tools. I will not respect magic that enhances carrying ability in this game. Feel free to use equipment not typically in The Elder Scrolls (Immersive Armours and Weapons is a great mod to reference) so long as they are lore-friendly. For our purposes, equipment ranks will be taken with common sense.

Miscellanea: Things like lock picks, food, smithing materials, scolls, potions. The weight thing applies as well. Doesn't necessarily have to be things from the games.

NOTE: Please keep track of your inventory use!

Favored Skills: This section gets a bit more complicated. Using the main skills of the game (two handed, smithing, destruction, illusion, lock picking, pick pocketing, shield, et cetera) things are rated by proficiency. You may have 1 highly proficient skill, 3 moderately proficient skills, and 3 somewhat proficient skills. You may, however, move up a class at the expense of another skill of the level below it (e.g. you pick 1 highly proficient at the cost of 2 moderately proficient). Likewise, you can gain more skills if you downgrade a skill (1 moderately proficient becomes two somewhat proficient, for example).

Note: Skills from Oblivion and Morrowind are also fair game!

[SPECIAL NOTE FOR MAGES: For a quick understanding, Highly Proficient skills are equivalent of expert level spells, Moderately Proficient is Adept Level Spells, and Somewhat Proficient is Apprentice level. Keep that in mind when playing your character and picking your proficiencies. Please stick to spells you see in the games, but I'm not against combining some of them if it makes sense, but keep in mind your character would have to be exceptionally talented to do so. Run spell ideas by the GM if you aren't sure for approval, but if you see it in the games, you should be okay.]

Character Background: A decently descriptive backstory explaining who your character is and how they developed into the person they now are. You don't have to go too crazy, but a few well-written paragraphs would be nice. Please indicate what your character was doing prior to being sent to the dungeon. Some characters may have arrived immediately after the battle, perhaps others have served sentences much longer. This gives us an idea of your ability as a writer.

Relationships: Please list any family, friends, or individuals of note to your character here. Feel free to be brief in describing the nature of the connection and their location in the world too. An example would be: Leonardo DiCaprio, I stalk him regularly and think of him in the late wee hours of the night, Palm Springs.

Fighting Style: Explain how your character approaches combat and their particular skills and talents. This will help the group decide who is best suited to deal with particular situations.

Personality: Briefly explain what your character's personality is generally like, including quirks, faults, and so on. Strive to create believable people whether they view the world with a staggeringly dull perspective or have beliefs that perhaps may feel abrasive. I have a soft spot for characters struggling to abide by their own codes, beliefs, or addictions.

Font Colour: Let's make this mo'fo a (legible) rainbow.
Common Questions

Common Questions

1. You said this game is Game of Thrones meets The Elder Scrolls. Where's my GoT, brah?

Blades in the Night is based squarely in the world of The Elder Scrolls. Elements drawn from Game of Thrones include the political alliances, gritty semi-realism, and the idea that information is both valuable and slow to travel for most of us. This will be immediately important to our story as well as to characters who may have fought for the side.

2. How is Game of Thrones semi-realistic? A little cut gets infected, but I take ice spikes in stride in TES.

Semi-realism for our purposes means violence and damage is grounded in reality. Our characters are flesh-and-bone, they bend and bruise and pushed hard enough so too will they break. The decisions you make should take into account that any battle could have long-lasting effects on your well-being or that of the world. I like to sum this up with a phrase an old instructor of mine once told me, "Stupid hurts." Every character will get banged up, scratched, or bruised during combat. Unlike in Game of Thrones, I do not expect resurrection to be a common practice.

There's a good chance we will have one or two who know how to at least keep wounds from spoiling in our party. Don't be too afraid, but respect the dangers of violence.

3. Okay, so tell me about magic then. Will a fireball turn me into a roasted snack for the trolls?

Think of magic like any weapon. In the hands of someone learned and experienced magic is indeed powerful enough to cause great havoc. Individuals with this level of power are typically found in the halls of the College of Winterhold, though some others work throughout Tamriel and a few use their skills to take advantage of others. Inexperienced magic users are more likely to harm themselves than anyone else without guidance. Most people in Tamriel do not practice magic and depending on their culture may in fact fear the mystical arts. It's not uncommon for a layperson to know how to summon a spark, though.

When encountering a magic user it's best to assume they are the powerful sort until proven otherwise. Fighting a mage is not unlike engaging in a firefight or exchanging arrows. A single fireball or ice spike can cause devastating damage, but if you keep cover and make well-timed movements a direct shot will be difficult. Consider too some armour may be very helpful too -- a small ice spike probably wouldn't penetrate tempered steel.

4. That sounds pretty cool. Can I be an epic magic user then?

In the Character Sheet you will assign skill points to certain areas. You can undoubtedly stack these points toward being a powerful magic user, but you'll be sacrificing other abilities. Because magic takes many years to master and usually requires formal training, your character will probably be on the older side as well. Remember, no overpowered characters. Every strength has a drawback and if you are very skilled with magic I'd expect to see your path to such in the biography.

5. Speaking of skills, do I need stuff like athletics, acrobatics, and all that? How about speech?

Nobody will be jumping over massive walls here. Despite some of the more absurd aspects of these skills, they are helpful if your character is notably agile. The native bosmer accustomed to running from branch to branch and the thief skillfully scaling the gate are only two examples of how these skills may be applied. These are skills that some lack entirely.

Other skills are more about perfection. I would assume every character is capable of speaking, wearing armour, or throwing a punch. Applying points to these areas tells us more about how effective your character is in that area. One skilled in speech may avoid violence entirely, one accustomed to heavy armour will know exactly which blows to block and which to take, while one stacked toward hand-to-hand would be comparable to a martial artist.

Avoid becoming overpowered, but have fun with these skills. This is a world perfect for all playing styles.

6. What happens if my character is a Stormcloak, an assassin, or some other unsavoury sort?

I welcome characters who are not easy to play in this world. It's entirely possible your character was placed in jail for being a Stormcloak, or captured weeks prior after killing a target, or is simply a skooma addicted gutter-shite left to rot. No one else in the dungeon knows your history or allegiances. They may come up later in the game, but for now, everyone stands on even ground.

7. Say I'm a member of the Dark Brotherhood of Dawnstar then. Will I get to break off to go to the HQ?

Blade in the Night involves a significant amount of travel. It is entirely possible that we will happen upon areas that hold special value for some characters such as Dawnstar to associated members of the Dark Brotherhood. Keep in mind that I am keenly aware of each of your characters, their declared relationships, their homes, and their allegiances. If we visit a location with great importance to your character there may well be a reason. Also, keeping with our example, consider too that other characters may notice and follow others no matter how covert their dealings.

8. What are the rules about multiple PCs and NPCs?

For the time being players will be restricted to a single Playable Character each. You are welcome to create a couple NPCs, but due to the nature of our introduction it's unlikely they'll be physically present. This game will embrace the fact that Tamriel is far more populated than the games are capable of portraying. We will also find that, much like in Game of Thrones, families and allegiances hold much sway in this world too. As a result I would expect everyone to generate a few NPCs where appropriate that we all share. There will be some NPCs that may only be controlled by the GM to preserve the story line as well. If you ever wonder if it's appropriate to control a NPC simply speak to the creator or a GM.

[/user]

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest looking up how the necromancy works in universe, I once rp'ed a necromancer for another elder scrolls RP and thoroughly enjoyed scouring the elder scrolls wikis for lore and canon books on how necromancy works and is applied. Trust me, it's more fun than you think and highly interesting, it might even give you inspiration. If nothing else it could help you get into character more easily.

Lore:Necromancy - UESPWiki

i know the lore. the question was not for the lore but this rp itself. I have played all the TES games since Arena.

i know the lore. the question was not for the lore but this rp itself. I have played all the TES games since Arena.

Whoa, calm down, I meant no offence, sorry if you thought I did. I was merely trying to make a suggestion.

Whoa, calm down, I meant no offence, sorry if you thought I did. I was merely trying to make a suggestion.

Yes, but I don't know how far the Gm wants to take this RP. Otherwise, I am going to be bringing in one of my builds I created in the games, with several spells I made when we had spell making. I know not to go overboard or to god mod. But yer.

Yes, but I don't know how far the Gm wants to take this RP. Otherwise, I am going to be bringing in one of my builds I created in the games, with several spells I made when we had spell making. I know not to go overboard or to god mod. But yer.

Necromancy would be what you described before, reanimating the dead at a fraction of what they once were. However, that does not mean a more complex ritual could not truly resurrect a person. Be aware that such attempts are kept quiet and those who try risk social condemnation, not to mention crossing the Ideal Masters.

Necromancy would be what you described before, reanimating the dead at a fraction of what they once were. However, that does not mean a more complex ritual could not truly resurrect a person. Be aware that such attempts are kept quiet and those who try risk social condemnation, not to mention crossing the Ideal Masters.

Very aware necromancy is frowned upon, but again what about summoning zombies and skeletons and not just raising the dead?

Very aware necromancy is frowned upon, but again what about summoning zombies and skeletons and not just raising the dead?

Perhaps I used the word dead too liberally. Skeletons need to be raised near graves and require concentration, zombies are the same though they require more recent dead.

Perhaps I used the word dead too liberally. Skeletons need to be raised near graves and require concentration, zombies are the same though they require more recent dead.

okay now i understand though this isn't one hundred percent a solid idea. i like the idea of capturing souls in soul gems hahaha essentially anything that has nothing to do with elemental magic. because elemental magic is cliche

Is this still accepting?

Reactions: Poeta Perdido
I'm going to create a Necromancer who prefers the title: Alternative Creationist

I made some minor changes in my CS which include a change of race (apparently Reachmen are considered a different race from Bretons) and an explanation of how the Reachmen view certain aspects of their culture (briarhearts, werewolves, hagravens & vampires)

• Love
Name: Jorkul

Race: Orsimer

Family Origins: Jorkul is the son of chief Mauhulakh from the orc stronghold of Narzulbur, near to Windhelm.

Profession: He intended to stay as a member of the stronghold, potentially taking over the responsibilities of smith after his brother Dushnamub became chief upon inevitably slaying their father in combat.

Appearance:
Orc.jpg

Jorkul stands at about six feet tall, and is built stockily like any typical orc warrior, with thick muscle and little body fat. The one white eye he has comes from a fight he had with an enormous bear at age 16, one which he won, barely. On his chest, there are scars from that fight still reminding him, what once were deep gouges are now pale, stretched skin

Equipment: Before Jorkul was locked up in Windhelm's prison, he wore full orcish plate, and fought with an orcish shield, and an orcish longsword of scorching that burned his opponents alive. All of this he forged and enchanted himself in Narzulbur. He also wears an enchanted gold necklace to aid his stamina, and a gold ring that lets his wounds heal slightly faster.

Miscellanea: Jorkul would have been carrying about a day's worth of food, a torch, and a few potions of healing.

NOTE: Please keep track of your inventory use!

Favored Skills:
Highly proficient: One-handed, Smithing
Moderately proficient: Blocking, Heavy Armour
Somewhat proficient: Enchanting

Character Background: Jorkul is the second son of the chief of Narzulbur, so could never become the chief unless his brother died. No orc is without his honour however, so he did not resort to forcing such events. Instead, he became more adventurous, asking to be sent out as much as he could, to take down anything or anyone that threatened the fortress, sometimes simply sneaking out to see the world outside.
His tribe, especially his father, did not like this, and he was given a harsh lesson at the age of 16 by happening upon an enormous bear while he was exploring Eastmarch. It attacked him, and it only died by Jorkul's sword after having given him deep gouges. He stumbled his way back to the fortress, where he was taken back in and healed. His father chose not to punish him for his foolishness, instead deciding that the event was its own punishment, and that Jorkul would learn from it.
Many years passed, and Jorkul had indeed learned from it. His brother taught him the ways of the smith, and he became adept in the ways of the warrior, even learning some basic enchanting.
At the age of 24 though, he still had some adventurous spirit in him, and it had been pained to be expressed for too long. He decided to sneak out during the night, and he would be back by morning, before anyone knew that he had been gone. Luck was not on his side, and he thought that perhaps Malacath was punishing him for his foolishness, when he happened upon an imperial patrol. They drew their swords when they saw him before them, and he took this as an insult, seeing a fine orcish warrior as a common bandit. In his youthful stupidity he attacked, but before he could kill any of them, one screamed at him to stop. Each from two metres away, three soldiers had drawn their bows back, with a steel arrow nocked and ready to fire. The archers were strong and practiced, unlikely to tire before the rest of them could rush him. His battle rage fading, he did something almost uncharacteristically wise, and agreed to drop his sword and shield, before one came from behind and smashed his pommel onto Jorkul's head, knocking him out cold.
He woke up in Windhelm prison, and was dismayed after several days to realise that his tribe had given up on him entirely. The tribe that he'd been part of since birth, that taught him values of community and honour, had left him to rot here. He despised them for this, and still feels wounded that they would simply forget him.

Relationships: His family is the community of the orc stronghold, Narzulbur.

Fighting Style: He is usually a reckless but powerful fighter, rushing head-on into situations, parrying blows with his sword, and taking hits on his shield and heavy armour. In tough situations, he will go into a battle rage like many of his race, and while this lends him strength and protects him from harm, he isn't usually very easy to calm down.

Personality: Jorkul adores discovery and exploration, and has much curiosity for the world around him, but not in a scientific way. More in the way of let's kill some bandits and then go see the great view from above their lair.
He is often pretty reckless, acting before he thinks and not considering the consequences of what he does, making him a poor strategist, but he can think quickly on his feet, meaning that he might well successfully make it up as he goes along and fight his way out of a cave of frostbite spiders, or leap down onto a fearsome bandit chief then take out the underlings.
All in all this makes for an interesting character who can be fun to be with, but might well get someone else into trouble, but he will always care for friends. His upbringing instilled in him a strong sense of right and wrong, and a duty of community to protect his allies.

Font Colour: Orcish Green

Last edited:
jon%20snow%20sleeves.png
Name
Logan ey Ravensbourne

Race
Imperial

Family Origin
Logan's family were from the Imperial City in Cyrodiil, but moved to Helgen shortly before his birth, after his father was wounded in battle.

Occupation
Has no occupation, technically a bandit, although he differentiates himself from them
He also buys skooma and sells it for higher prices

Equipment
- Guild Master's Armour
- Guild Master's Gloves
- Guild Master's Boots
- Amulet of Articulation
- Dwarven Sword of Devouring
- Elven Greatsword

Miscellaneous
- 5 lock picks
- A torch
- 4 potions of stamina
- 1 potion of vigorous healing
- 2 potions of minor healing
- 7 bottles of skooma
- 2 bottles of mead with juniper berries

Favored Skills
- Highly proficient at two-handed
- Moderately proficient at one-handed
- Moderately proficient at archery
- Moderately proficient with light armour
- Moderately proficient at pickpocketing
- Somewhat proficient at sneaking

Character Background
Logan was born and raised in Helgen in 4E 176. During his early childhood, he chose to keep himself to himself rather than befriend the others at Helgen. His parents wanted him to join the Imperial army, as his father Marius had done before he was wounded in the Battle of the Red Ring and forced to retire early. In order to toughen up his son, his father forced him to join Gunnar Stone-Eyed at Embershard Mine three days a week. He soon befriended Ingrid, who taught him how to read and write, and often got into trouble for pulling pranks on Torolf and Matlara, but also earned their trust when he became a babysitter to their young son Haming. He also learned to fight from Vilod, who taught him how to efficiently wield a greatsword, and who also taught him how to make mead with juniper berries. As he grew older, he became adventurous, often sneaking out of his home and going to Riverwood to meet his lover Camilla Valerius at 10pm each night. With her, he would walk around Riverwood together knocking on the doors of her neighbours and running, or causing other sort of trouble, before heading home at midnight. When he was eighteen, however, his father intended for him to join the Imperial army, and sent him to the Imperial City to live with his uncle in 4E 194.

Logan returned to Skyrim in 4E 201 after the escape of Uflric Stormcloak from captivity, as he had been assigned in a legion sent to reinforce General Tullius. However, he was unable to return to Helgen due to his duties in the army, only knowing that the city had been destroyed by a dragon, and was unsure of whether his parents had survived the onslaught. He fought at the Battle for Whiterun, and assisted the Imperial forces in taking Fort Dunstad and Fort Greenwall. Shortly after, his patrol force was attacked by a group of Stormcloaks, and he was captured and held as a prisoner at Fort Kastav. He was eventually freed from his imprisonment by Hadvar, arming himself and helping him to retake the fort. He later remained at Fort Kastav under Hadvar's command.

After falling out with Hadvar, he was placed into another legion, and fought at the Battle for Fort Sungard, but following the later Battle for Fort Neugrad, he deserted from the Imperial army, and instead returned to his hometown of Helgen. There, he was captured by bandits, but after proving his worth to several of them, he was introduced to the bandit group. Although he assisted them on raids on passing Stormcloaks, he doesn't consider himself to be a member of the bandit force. Instead, he prefers to see himself as an independent vigilante, picking off criminals and wrongdoers who pass by. He orchestrated a raid to Irkngthand with several of the other members of his group, travelling long and far to do so, since he had heard the Dragonborn - who he had encountered several times during the civil war conflicts - had been there, and hoped to find her location. There, he discovered the corpse of Mercer Frey, and stole his belongings, before returning to Helgen with little clue to the Dragonborn's whereabouts. Ever since, he continued to live and fight alongside the bandits at Helgen, although he had begun to deal skooma to passerbys. When dealing skooma to a group of bandits, an Imperial patrol caught the transaction and surrounded them. The Imperials were prepared to let them go, but one of the soldiers recognised Logan as a deserter and seized him. He was taken to Windhelm on the day after the siege and slaying of Ulfric Stormcloak, and thrown into the cells.

Relationships
The Dragonborn - regards her highly (if Imperial), despises her intently (if Stormcloak)
Camilla Valerius - former lover, hasn't had contact with her for seven years
General Tullius - mildly dislikes him
Legate Rikke - he served as one of her footsoldiers for some time, mildly dislikes her
Hadvar - he served as his footsoldiers for some time, intensely dislikes him
Viryn - has heard stories of him, regards him highly
Dragons - he despises all dragons, due to Alduin's destruction of Helgen

Fighting Style
Logan approaches conflict as if it were a game of chess. He works out odds of survival before drawing his sword, and is not afraid to back down or even run from a fight he feels he will not win. During combat, he strikes quickly and cautiously, ensuring that he is aware of the movements of anyone else present during the conflict, and is more confident when parrying his opponents' attacks than when striking first. As he is agile, and wears light armour, his preferred tactic is to lure his opponents out and then to cut them down when they are isolated, to prevent himself from being surrounded. During one-on-one fighting, he is far more aggressive, especially when wielding his greatsword.

Personality
Logan considers himself to be a kind-hearted, heroic figure, often hesitating to call himself a deserter or a bandit. He is loyal, if he considers the cause to be worth his loyalty, and he is honest, if he doesn't have anything significant to gain through lying. He is by no means an untrustworthy individual, but he prioritises his own survival over others', and if forced to make a decision, he would always choose to ensure his own safety rather than risk his life ensuring the safety of others. He very much follows a 'survival of the fittest' mindset. He is very intelligent and charismatic, often making friends wherever he goes with ease, although he doesn't trust people easily, and thus is very hesitant to further his relations with any individual beyond comradeship. He isn't arrogant, nor does he believe that he is better than others, however, if he believes his ideas are more efficient, he is not reluctant to argue against, or even disobey, an order which he considers disadvantageous.

Colour claim
Light yellow

Viryn is the name of Artorius' character Varus' father. In his biography, he stated that Viryn was a renowned commander in the Imperial army. I figured that since my character Logan also served in the Imperial army in Cyrodiil for seven years, he would be familiar with Viryn. Thus, he regards him highly. @caligari

Call it acculturation @The_J

• Thank You
Reactions: caligari
So my idea is for a Necromancer who is a leader of his own underground cult, they call themselves Alternative [Life] Creationist, life is in brackets. They um boast that they are um friendly Necromancers and feel like Necromancers are given a bad reputation. So they are trying to change the views of Necromancers by their name. But the irony is they are secret shady organization underground experimenting on dead bodies, lol

Viryn is the name of Artorius' character Varus' father. In his biography, he stated that Viryn was a renowned commander in the Imperial army. I figured that since my character Logan also served in the Imperial army in Cyrodiil for seven years, he would be familiar with Viryn. Thus, he regards him highly. @caligari

Call it acculturation @The_J
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
Acculturation is when people's lifestyle decisions and customs are affected by other cultures

Status
Not open for further replies.