The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 8 - Castle Iwaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Castle Iwaku - CHAPTER 8

Faramond didn't wait for the other two to follow him, he took Aya and made a run towards the other end of the bridge, where the castle looms above them.

Barely did they make it past the middle of the bridge when a large, slimy tentacle-like arm shot out of the water followed by a deep bellowing noise and more tentacles. Faramond stopped running to admire the creature that manifested itself before him, "Wow, more abominations." He kept staring at the creature, not minding Aya's insistent tugging.

And then pain, insistent pain as his back was scratched violently against the crumbling stone bridge. Had his hands not moved despite of him, he would have fallen down the raging waters below, like the noobs that were unlucky enough to have followed them to the bridge. Faramond could see some the noobs trying to swim against the turbulent waters, trying not to be sucked away by the torrent of water leading down the huge waterfall that formed one edge of the lake surrounding the castle. Some of the noobs managed to avoid the torrent, by being devoured by whatever creature that was lurking down there.

He began to lose his grip, and he wondered which end would befall him, drowning or being eaten alive. He wouldn't have wanted either, but before he could have decided which one to prefer, the rock he has been holding on gave way.

----------------------------------------​

Faramond felt himself being flown away, only to be dropped quite rudely onto a bed he's familiar with by now, in a bedroom inhabited by a now familiar fat man. Faramond had been wanting this chance to talk with this guy, but in the rush of thoughts that flooded his mind, only one word managed to get out.

"Hi!"

The fat guy turned around slowly, wondering what the heck fell into his room, "Oh, it's just you."

"Just me?!" Faramond raised his voice, "Just a figment of your imagination that you could easily kill, huh?"

"Calm down, Faramond, calm down," the fat guy smiled and held out his cup of tea to Faramond who simply stared at it. "Oh, wait a sec," he said and went out of the room.

Faramond took this opportunity to sneak a peek into the fat guy's computer. It was no longer the same one he had once seen before, but before the computer's monitor, Faramond saw some notes and sketches. One of those sketches was of a guy that looked eerily like him, and in the notes were written some of the things he remembered from long ago. Looking at the computer screen, he saw an unfinished document, a document that told of his story, up until the part that he fell from the bridge.

"I wouldn't be snooping around someone else's files if I were you," the fat guy grinned, holding out a fresh cup of tea to Faramond. The fat guy motioned Faramond to sit on the bed, while the fat guy went near the windows and opened it. It was a dark, moonless night, a kind of night that made the city lights all the more brighter, a sight Faramond used to take for granted.

"I knew you'd soon confront me about what happened to megane-kun," the fat guy lighted a cigarette and took a puff. "And like what you suspected, he fell prey to the plot," he went on, pushing away the smoke with his hands.

"You could have done something though," Faramond retorted, "I don't know who exactly you are and what role you really play here, but I just know you could have done something about it. That entire spaceship wreck thing, it's.... It's... it is strange, but I hoped deep in my heart that you could do something about it, that you had plans for megane, that you knew what you were doing."

"I do?" the fat guy asked and took a sip from his tea, "I don't know."

"You do. You know that," Faramond insisted.

The fat guy sighed, took a puff of cigarette and sat on the computer chair, "I admit, I have played a part in plotting that part of the story, but..."

"But?" Faramond looked away from the fat guy and focused his attention to the computer screen.

"Never mind, it is my fault afterall," the fat guy heaved a much bigger sigh, "but remember this, I did it out of the desire to save megane-kun. It may prove to be not the best decision I might have made, but I did it to save him."

"To save him from the plot?" Faramond asked.

"Yes," the fat guy sighed, "from the all pervading plot that is consuming that world. From the all consuming plot that would soon engulf everyone, including you."

"Me? And if I happen to be engulfed by that plot, would you kill me too?"

"I don't know yet. And I would like to ask you, would you like me to save you from the plot? To save you from the plot in the same way I saved megane-kun from the plot?"

"I... I don't know..." Faramond shifted his eyes to a sketch of him, "But when the time comes that I would no longer have any control over what's happening to me, please, do what you think is right."

"Just don't let me end that way," Faramond slumped forward. The fat guy patted his back and went back to typing.

"I understand," the fat guy said, "because I would have felt the same way had I been in your situation." The fat guy resumed typing, but stopped abruptly, "Oh, I shall let you rest for a while here before sending you back there. You may use that other bed."

Faramond could only oblige, himself wanting to sleep in a decent bed which he hadn't had a chance to do ever since leaving that hotel in Shapeshifter town. No sooner had his back laid flat against the soft bed did he fall fast asleep.

----------------------------​

"Everyone okay?" Zypher's usually cheery voice now carried a hint of concern, and reminded Faramond that he was now back in Iwaku.

"Aside from that massive headache and a painful neck, I guess I am okay" Faramond said as he got up. He checked himself had he lost anything. His clothes looked battered, but still okay, and megane-kun's sword is still safely clipped to his waist. In his shirt pocket, however, was a folded piece of paper. It was a sketch of him. He quickly put it back in his shirt pocket and looked around. They were inside some seaside cave. The beach could be seen from the cave's entrance.

Faramond removed his eyeglasses and scratched his eyes, "What now? We going to explore this cave?" He replaced the eyeglasses and went near Zypher.

TK's eyes suddenly darted ahead as she suddenly bared her teeth that were quickly forming fangs as the music suddenly changed, the headphones enlarging and the music started to blare as she reformed into her human appearance. A low, rumbling growl that clearly spoke of a violent nature tore out of her throat as she dug into her gem sack and pulled out three gems, holding them between her fingers as she threw the first one down, the weapon that was summoned looked remarkably like a bazooka, but something seemed off about it. She gained distance from the girl and Rory, not wanting them to be hit by the surge of air pressure that usually was sent back when a round was fired.

"Shuuuuuuu" The girl sighed the word, looking focused as she gazed though the sight on her weapon, catching one of the trespassers in her cross hairs. She took a deep calming breath as she got down on one knee to steady herself then pulled the trigger, the recoil pushing her back slightly as a white blob seemed to jolt forward as she suddenly crushed the bazooka in her hands, shoving it back into the sack as it reformed into a gem. Not even pausing, she threw another gem down, racing forward towards the approaching group and throwing what appeared to be grenades of a brownish color. She then crushed the current grenade and shoved that back into the pouch as she threw the final one down, a disk-like object that she slid towards the group as it suddenly detonated, a white substance being flung every which way as she ran back to Rory's side, although a little in front of him, waiting for the smoke to clear.

In total, One of them (Faramond) was stuck to the wall by a white blob that smelled suspiciously like marshmallows, and the other three intruders were similarly pinned down by brown shrapnel that smelled of chocolate, and they were all covered in a cool, creamy substance that had to be whipped cream. The girl snarled at them, as she crushed the whipcream dispersal unit and returned it to the sack, withdrawing another gem, but waiting for a response.

"MURRR, MUR MURRRMURR SNUUU. MERUUUUUUUU." "MAY I ASK, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? TELL ME RIGHT THE FUCK NOW." The girl shouted threateningly, but the garbled words, only able to be understood by Rory, probably didn't invoke the sense of fear they would have, if only they could understand her speech. Undaunted, the girl threw down the next gem, a rifle in her hands this time. As to what it REALLY WAS, was unknown. She walked over to the other group, prodding the cheek of the one she had blasted to the wall, her eyes speaking in loud tones of violence while her childishly-innocent voice continued its rampage. "MUR. MUR MURRRRRMURMUR MUR? MUR MUR?! MURRRRRRR?!" "YOU. DO YOU MEAN ILL WILL TO MY FRIEND?! DO YOU WANT ME TO SHOOT YOU!?" She snarled and then twirled the rifle in her hands, the barrel of the gun now pointing towards her as she smacked the intruder with the butt of the rifle.

"MURUUUR. MUR. MURRRRR. MURR RRRR." "ANSWER. ME. RIGHT. THE FUCK NOW." She flipped the gun back around, looking at Rory in her peripheral, looking at him questioningly. What did he want her to do? How should they proceed with these.... intruders?

Faramond looked blankly at Zyper and waited on his word, as faint guttural sound came from further down the cave. Before he could turn to look at the source of that sound, he was already pinned against the wall by a white blob that resembled marshmallows.

A sweet little girl whose innocent voice contradicted the violence in her eyes (Murr), approached them. She growled and growled at Faramond, prodding his cheek. She snarled and then twirled the rifle in her hands, the barrel of the gun now pointing towards her as she smacked Faramond with the butt of the rifle. She growled some more, and flipped the gun back around, looking back at someone (Rory) who's somewhere deeper in the cave.

Faramond sighed and smiled in exasperation, at his situation, and at the girl in front of him. He have had some troubles with communication, but none greater than this. However, he knew that being violent or grumpy with them isn't the best way.

"First off, we don't mean any harm. We were attacked by the noobs near the castle and somehow we fell off the bridge. I was unconscious until just now, but my friend here, Zypher could explain exactly how we got here."

Faramond felt the blob stick to his skin and and the sweet scent it exuded. The smell grew so strong that he felt the urge to have a taste of the white blob. It tasted like marshmallows mixed with whipped cream.

"Hey! Is this marshmallow?"

"What the hell?!" he thought as he started eating more and more of the stuff. He motioned for Zypher to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
faramond found himself pinned to the wall by a white blob that smelled suspiciously like marshmallows. he tried to calm murr first by explaining that they meant no harm, and then proceeded in eating off what seemed to be marshmallow that pinned him.

"Rule of Combat #393, Never shout out pleas until you can see your foe face to face," Rory said as he stepped forward, "You never know if the partisans you meet are truly your friend or not." The blue lights of the caves started to flicker on and off, giving Faramond and his friends very little to see, other than a pair of black clad figures. "You're lucky I don't believe in murdering innocents." Rory then said. He looked at TK and lowered his hand, informing her to lower the firearm. No one else around them could understand the apparent gibberish that the kitsune spoke and yet somehow she understood every word he said. It was much like a close brother and sister relationship between them. "Now who the hell are you people and why are you here. Don't you know this place is now a battlefield? What sort of idiots, or should I say foolhardy people decide to go fighting noobs when this city was declared open?"

The girl looked at Rory seriously, then lashed out at Faramond once more, the butt of the rifle biting into his cheek before she stepped away. She then, before Rory could stop her, calmly shot very near to all of the intruders, a silent but threatening warning. But what had been projected from the firearm were not bullets, but yellow, orange, and white candies. Candy Corn. That stupid, disgusting candy you can get during some holidays.

The sugary kernals had dug themselves into the walls and floor of the cave, very close to each person's head. She then snarled once more before using the butt of the rifle and traced a phrase into the ground. "I will not hesitate to shoot if I feel Rory is in danger." The girl glared at each of the people, then stood near Rory before putting a hand on his shoulder, her eyes softening, indeed, they were like siblings.

"Chuuuuu" The girl cooed softly, and it didn't need any translation to understand that it was a sound of sibiling-like affection for Rory as she put her head on his shoulder for a moment before crushing the grip of the rifle she held, and as it reformed into a gem, she took another out, watching around her carefully as she threw it to the ground, this time, the weapon that appeared looked more lethal than the other weapons she had summoned.

In her grip, looked like a rocket launcher. Her eyes looked inhuman and uncaring as it moved from Rory's face to the faces of who she had pinned down. You could almost say she looked murderous. She had it lowered, but the impact of it being there was much more than the rifle. Because they at least knew that the rifle had shot candy corn, but they didn't know if this odd girl had the real deal in her hand, or if it was another dessert-themed weapon. Either way, her eyes were threatening them without end.

She finally stepped back a little farther and huffed slightly "Murrr murrmur...... Mur.... murmurmurrrrrrrrmur?" "How can we be sure of what they say..... can't we just kneecap one of them, surely they'd tell the truth then....?" The girl looked up at Rory, waiting for a response.

Zypher looked over at Faramond and was about to speak before hearing a strange noise coming from further in, sounding like loud music and . Before he could react Faramond was shot with a white gooey substance pinning him to the wall. It smelled a lot like marshmallow from what he could smell. Before he had a chance to get over to Faramond he was suddenly pinned by giant chocolate shards. This isn't a regular enemy... Zypher thought as he struggled against the chocolate shards. As he pulled against the chocolate he was covered in whipped cream.

The strange girl stood in front of some other shadowy figure who began to speak to them.

"Now who the hell are you people and why are you here. Don't you know this place is now a battlefield? What sort of idiots, or should I say foolhardy people decide to go fighting noobs when this city was declared open?"

"We were attacked as my friends, and that guy," Zypher tossed his head towards Faramond, "were looking for anything that might be left of their home, and then they were helping me look for someone that my first ally here mentioned, Rory." Zypher nodded, shaking his head rapidly to get the whipped cream off his face. Suddenly candy corn was shot near their heads. Zypher cringed but was safe at least for the moment.

Zypher looked over to Faramond who was attempting to eat away to his freedom. The girl walked over to him and bashed him in the face with the butt of her gun, Zypher chuckled a bit before looking at the other figure he couldn't quite make out.

"We also were saved by a strange wind as we were knocked off the bridge leading into the castle. Some giant squid destroyed it from right under us..." Zypher said, hoping that these people were at least allies.

Aki was getting more and more irritated with the situation. He and his sister had been through the worst time in their lives starting with a trainwreck and a nuclear missile which had then turned into a long walk back through war torn countryside. They had lost their home, everyone they had ever known and then been dumped on a beach only to be attacked by some weird guy and a ...... thing that fired sweets at them.

"Look we didn't ever want to come here, my sister and I just wanted to go home, before we found out we don't have one anymore. Then we figured the safest place you be the castle and thats when those things found as then the tentacles and the bridge was destroyed. How the hell we ended up here is beyond me." Aki looked at Aya pulling against the brown goo that held him in place and to his surprise saw Aya licking it.

"Its my favorite kind. she explained smiling at him "But theres no nuts.

Aki groaned but at least she was keeping it together whatever happened.

"BURP!"

Faramond didn't exactly hear what the others said, as he was busy freeing himself, or at least, freeing his upper body. He didn't mind sweet candy corn being added to the mess he had to deal with, but he began to wish he had access to a bath. As soon as he had freed his hands he began freeing the rest of himself by scooping the marshmallow away from him.

"Okay, pardon me. I felt I had to extricate myself from that sweet blob of sugar. What you guys were saying again?" Faramond said as he wiped the last bits of marshmallow away from himself and leaned on a clean bit of wall, "Oh, I think we have all said our piece. But if you still think of us as being dangerous, I don't think we can really do anything about that."

"So should I assume we are your prisoners now?" Faramond's eyes looked around, trying to remember something he should have said that he forgot to say.

"Oh!" he blurted out in realization, "I am called Faramond." He was about to hold out his hands for a shake, but thought it would be better if he would simply bow down, eastern style. He kept the bow for a while, but since no one apparently understood the gesture, he broke it, stood up straight and went back leaning against the wall and smiled.

Rory then advanced forward towards the group that TK had captured. She had given him a glance and now it was his time for action. The Dreamkeeper was nearest to Faramond, and then raised Isodath's sheath and smacked him across the face with the heavy leather scabbard. "You will address me, when I ask you a question. Is that understood. Your friends spoke first, so you're out of line."

Rory then glanced at the newcomers and down at TK. He raised his right hand and spread his fingers out. If one were to look at his lips, Rory said nothing but still TK's ears perked up. "I want you to sniff them. Search for any scent that seems out of place, beyond basic fears, pains, things of that nature. If one of them displays any emotions that prove they are out to hurt us, break their bones until the cry for help. While I know torture is not our normal means of defensive, we should be prepared especially since they were followed by the invaders." To these outsiders Rory's language was nothing more than a whisper upon the wind; something from a bygone era of when nature was still in control. Only Kitti could understand her master and old mentor's words. She crossed her arms. This was a "fight" that the new student, TK, had to do.

Rory then moved towards Zypher and the twins, the sound of his heavy leather jack boots echoed in the cave like tunnels under the castle. "So you encountered the local kraken. You're lucky he didn't eat you. Of course, the monsters that live in the seas around the castle have their own agendas. And you were spared by the divine winds. Interesting."

Rory then lit up his pipe, revealing for a brief second a man with curly brown hair and an unshaven face.

Zypher looked to the twins who seemed to be taking this whole situation in stride, Aya moreso then her brother but at least they were okay. Faramond however...He shot a disgusted glance at Faramond as he burped loudly. It seemed that the poor fool had eaten his way through the marshmallow. If only I had my gun handy...

"So should I assume we are your prisoners now?" Zypher would have shot at Faramond again for such a stupid question, instead he was fighting to wiggle it out of the holster so he could shoot the chocolate and free himself. It wasn't too difficult to unsnap the holster but wiggling the gun up so he could at least trick shoot the chocolate away would be more of a challenge.

The second of the shadowed figures stepped forward and pulled out what looked like a scabbard and smacked Faramond with it. Zypher giggled under his breath as the gun wiggled closer into his grasp.

Then the shadowy figure seemingly said something to his companion but Zypher couldn't understand and then he stepped closer to him and Zypher froze his hand, hoping to not be noticed, he wasn't intending on shooting anyone, but if was free maybe his sekushii biimu would be of use...

"So you encountered the local kraken. You're lucky he didn't eat you. Of course, the monsters that live in the seas around the castle have their own agendas. And you were spared by the divine winds. Interesting."

Zypher nodded,
"Yeah, I don't even know where it came from but we were saved and I'm thankful for that at least. But now we've fallen into another trap it seems. And to think I didn't even get to meet Rory, from what Quiinn said he would be helpful..." He sighed, finally wiggling his gun free. A shot rang out, ricocheting off one of the walls and shattering the chocolate shards that held his arms in place. He quickly shot again, freeing his legs. "Okay! Now are you our allies or not? And don't try to shoot anything else at me because I know you're there!" He held his handgun down as to show that he wasn't going to hurt them but was prepared just in case.

Within a moment, time seemed to slow as the girl snarled at Zypher, getting in front of Rory, a glowing aura seemed to exude from the girl as suddenly she changed forms again, her clothes were whisked away, unnecessary, as her form grew and changed, wings flapped silently, holding the creature aloft. An array of gems suddenly floated around one of the creature's hands as its inhuman eyes looked upon Zypher.

attachment.php

"It would be unwise to speak in that manner towards my dear friend. I find it very insulting that you don't realize your situation and make such.... stupid decisions." The voice was soft, but had authority behind it, although the painted face hadn't moved at all, it was certain that the girl was speaking, for once, in a language that everyone could understand. One of the gems was crushed and a staff appeared, the creature using it to knock the gun out of Zypher's hand and onto the ground. The face suddenly seemed to start to twist into a creepy smile, the crease of the mouth going literally from ear to ear. She then looked back at Rory, huffing slightly.

"This is the second time I've been in the form. I will have to rest heavily tonight...." The creature spoke, then crushed the staff, the gem going back to its spot floating around one of her wrists, another was crushed and all of the intruders were now stuck in their current positions, restricted even more by more of the marshmallows. The weapon was crushed and the creature flitted to each of the now heavily trapped intruders, sniffing them over, then biting them in a show of dominance, rather than another else.

She saved Zypher for last and grabbed the sticky white mess and pulled it off the boy before throwing him against the wall, snarling loudly as her mouth opened wide, exposing sharp teeth. She then came upon him, one of her small black hands balled into fist and was propelled into the man's gut before she knee'd him in the face before holding him against the wall. Her dull black eyes no less than two inches away from his own as she growled loudly, she then bit him, harder than the others, before throwing him back into the white goo and tossing Rory the man's weapon.

"I don't like wasting my ability to speak or strength in situations like this, but I will if I have to. If I have to summon this form again, I will take pleasure in killing every last one of you. You should have peace in the fact that my friend has not told me to use lethal force. Do not resist any more. I grow tired of this." The last words were a tangled mess of a snarl before the form floated over to Rory, the masked face resting on his shoulder for a moment hands coming around his body. The face smiled again as the white hair floated around.

"Next time that they act up.... I will drain them of all their energy until they are nothing but lifeless husks.... would that please you, my dear friend?" The voice had adapted a cruel tone before sudden there was a popping sound and the form changed back to the girl, nuzzling Rory before she let go. She then looked around at the intruders, confused as she looked back at Rory. "Murrrrr.... mur mewuuuur?" "What .... did I do?" She bleated the question quietly to Rory before pulling her hood back up, biting her lip.

"Mur.....muuuuuuur.... murrrrrr... mur murrawr....?" "I was bad.... this is true?"

"You did fine." Rory spoke to TK in the ancient language. Like a figure that was larger than life once again Rory loomed over the figures of Zypher and Faramond. "Do not make such foolish moves again. My kitsune ally here went easy on you. You should recall the phrase, beauty is deadly. You are dealing with beings that are much more ancient than any of those creatures you've met on the outside. While you were saved by the divine winds of this world, this does not mean our destinies are intertwined for death is always around the corner for the majority of us." Rory then patted TK on the head. "So you wish to track down the King of these lands do you? This will be no easy task for mortals such as yourself. He is more legend than fact. For it was said that he killed a frog using a leaf and can change gender at a moment's notice. This friend of your's has sent you on a wild goose chase." Rory then puffed some strong sea-foam smelling smoke from his pipe. "We may be willing to help you in exchange for something of yours in return. This can be arranged later on though. Since you have revealed your names, it is fair that I reveal mine. You may address me as Inari."

[size=-2]
Kitti stood by and watched the exchange. Shock was still in place, and these fools had interrupted what was her first few moments of sanity in a long time, the single happiest moment of a long travel that had taken her here, it seemed. Kitti knew she had been happy at other times, probably happier than she had been when she realized she was once again at her master's side, but it was the delight of the moment that they had ruined. It was the man who had lived on stale bread for months savoring the finest bonbons only to have them ripped away and Kitti was keeping her emotions in check as best she could as she breathed silently.

Time spent wandering free had, it felt, dampened her mild and civilized manner but it was returning rapidly. She had not yet run them through with the sword at her hip. Kitti observed the strangely childish creature her master had taken on as his student it seemed. Eclectic man, he was a little insane but Kitti knew there was a method. Sometimes, she could even decipher the undertones beneath the apparent madness. But for now, she wanted to curl up and let the day be over. She had experienced highs, the reuniting, anger at being interrupted, and now a strange low. It was not uncommon for a master of a trade to train multiple students but somehow it had not seemed that he would be one. Her old master had seemed so weary with failed students that Kitti had dared to hope (was it hope?) that she would be the last trainee.

It would have been too difficult to be mad at the girl who had tackled her with an innocent and open heart. The vibrant air of emotions around her played her inner workings to Kitti better than if Kitti could understand her words. Which she could not. But the meaning and intent was obvious and she was a very pure soul. A new vessel, master...?
[/size]

Zypher didn't shrink back as the girl changed, speaking in a language he could understand for once. She flitted around in her new form biting his companions before ripping Zypher from the marshmallow and smacking the gun out of his hand before slamming him against the wall. He wouldn't give this creature the satisfaction of the sounds of pain as she slammed her fist into his gut and knee into his face. He barely grunted as she sent him back into the white gooey wall and bit him rather hard. The whole time his grin scarcely left his face. On the inside however he was reeling in pain, this girl knew how to hit, and hard. He was pretty sure that he at least had a bloody nose. His gun had found its way into the hands of the other man and Zypher sighed, at least he had his other one still holstered but it seemed like he wouldn't be able to reach it in this goop.

"We may be willing to help you in exchange for something of yours in return. This can be arranged later on though. Since you have revealed your names, it is fair that I reveal mine. You may address me as Inari." Zypher looked blankly at the man as he introduced himself. The name Inari had rang a bell, a long time ago he had read something in the AFTA computer system's logs. It just didn't come to him however.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Inari, and I wasn't aware that Rory was the king. But can you at least let us out, we mean you no ill will, and all I want to do is meet with Rory, after that I have no plans." Zypher sighed, defenseless to the man and his companion, and apparently another companion who was hidden in the shadows. "I agree to your conditions, you let us go and I will do something in exchange for your help."

"So you wish to still find the king of these lands do you?' Rory then narrowed his eyes. "Well, I guess it is not my place to stop those of you, whom wish to remain foolhardy." Rory took a puff from his pipe. "As is custom for my people, I shall reveal what little I know about the man. He is a god, yet he is not. He is the wise-fool. Through his schemes that he points out the flaws in carefully constructed roles of societies. He rebels against authority, pokes fun at the overly serious, creates convoluted schemes, that may or may not work, plays with the Laws of the Universe and is sometimes his own worst enemy. He exists to question, to cause mankind to question and not accept things blindly. He appears when a way of thinking becomes outmoded that needs to be torn down and built anew. He is a destroyer and at the same time a savior."

Pausing for a brief moment, he continued, "There have been many that have carried the mantle of having the name. According to the tales of my people, the soul is automatically transferred to a new body each time the current one is destroyed. The original’s consciousness and personality fizzle away when the next generation is born. However the original memory, knowledge, and power still remains forever expanding. This is what makes your search the most difficult. For at any time, there is a potential that you can meet both the Ying and Yang attributes."

Rory then lifted his palm and converted what remained of TK's food stuffs into metal cuffs. Clapping his hands, TK had all of Zypher's team in them in a matter of seconds. "Nothing personal, of course but one can never be too careful in times of war." Rory said. "We'll take you as far as the South Beaches. From that point on, you are on your own."

Despite his friendly introduction, he was told off by the mysterious stranger. In addition, the sticky stuff that once pinned them against the walls was turned into real cuffs, leading Faramond to believe that they were indeed viewed as hostile, and are now, indeed, prisoners.

The mysterious stranger addressed Zypher and the two talked as the group was led further into the cave. Faramond was glad that the sticky stuff covering him vanished, but he didn't really expect to be treated as a prisoner and he was beginning to feel awkward.

"Gah, me and my big mouth," Faramond thought, flooding out the conversation around him.

He continued walking, following Zypher, that feral girl and that mysterious guy, continually flooding out their conversation. His thougths wandered on and on, "I wonder what that fat guy is up to now, leading me to such a cold group." Faramond turned to the twins who were walking mindlessly behind him, it would seem that those two also didn't like the situation.

"What advantage does he think being in this group would bring me?" he wondered, "Or is he just like me at the moment, being carried along by forces beyond his control?"

Faramond thought back during his days in the real world, when he was the one in front of the computer screen, leading megane-kun into awkward situations.

"Perhaps this is what they call karma...." he thought as he felt the cold steel against his wrist.

TK watched as Rory converted the food, a visible sense of distress was starting to arise along with the change in music, taking the form of a pout as she finally whined and ran at Rory, and arm wrenched back, then shot forward, connecting with his chest. Melodramatic tears started to form at the corners of her eyes as she looked up at him, hurt. This wasn't just about the fact that he used food that could have been eaten, as anyone would soon find out.

"MUR! Mur... Mur mur mewur.... mur murrr.... mur murrrrrmur! Murrrrmewwww.... Murrrrrrrr rrrrr rrrrurrrr.... MUR MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRR!?" "You! You're wasting the food that I gave you when I was trying to be nice!.... You know that it's important to me! You know it's either eating so much or... would you rather me take one of our captives aside and gain energy from THAT?!" The girl hit him once more before huffing, turning her back to him as she wiped away tears. The girl then lowered her eyes to the ground and shook her head as she sighed. It was easy to see her emotions over the matter, and how she felt over the normal traditional way to go about getting energy for herself.

"Murrrrrrrrr.... murrr... murmur...." TK wiped away more tears before continuing. "Murrr?.... Mur.... Murrrmur.... MURmur... Murrrrr murmurmur murrrr rrrrr ururrrrr...Mur? MurrrrrRRRRrrrr? Mur mur murrrrurrrmur" "I know.... I know I'm not very useful now.... but you've seen my other form... you know I'm much stronger, yet I'm reduced to this because of... I guess MORALS, but...I just can't... do that to someone.... would you? Could you do that? Trick someone into that just to get energy? Something that feels so hollow...." The girl looked back at Rory before looking at the captives. She sighed and then went over to Kitti, leaning her head against the other woman's shoulder for a moment. Then reformed into a fox, flicked her tail at Rory before crawling onto his student's shoulder, still looking a bit hurt.

She was in thought, thinking about the few times that she forced herself to try the traditional route, how she had reacted, how it had made her feel. Like some common whore, or a bitch in heat. There was no love, it wasn't even for reproduction.... And for a creature that seemed to be so happy, for all extents and purposes, she knew and remembered no other love than that of Rory's. Everything was blank. And it was bothersome to her.... because not being able to remember her own beginning, or parents or any sort of family made her feel... a little scattered. She trembled on Kitti's shoulders as she tried to calm down.

Rory stared blankly for a few moments as the kitsune started pouting. TK, after all was a yako kitsune, meaning her origins lie somewhere lost during the creation of the world. For foxes have always lived where she was born and always would. It is important to remember there is no real distinction between a fox and a kitsune, though a yako tended to be mischievous or even malicious than a normal fox.

Rory sighed and spoke the language of the foxes, "Yes. I know about your hunger pains. Do not underestimate my knowledge dear kitsune." He then draw a small bag out of his pocket and tossed it towards TK. To the naked eye, it looked something like a large red twinkie pastry. Of course, looks are often deceiving. It was a food stuff made from rice and sweet red beans, a foodstuff all kitsunes had a craving for.

He then eyed the prisoners, "Move along. We don't have all day. The sooner we get to the destination the sooner you can loose the shackles and move on with your merry little lives."

[size=-2]
Kitti tilted her head to the side, watching only. She felt a little detached, until TK clambered onto her shoulder. Kitti had learned not to question much and simply began to pet the tail of the little fox on her shoulder. Tiny claws alerted her to movement as TK caught the food Rory tossed at her. The prisoners were of little concern, for all she knew, they could be a part of the wreckage she had witnessed. Lives were lost, and Kitti tried vainly to remember the faces of the guards, the battlemages. It was too indistinct however, and she gave up, dismissing the prisoners.

Kitti pushed the hood of her robes away from her face, revealing a wan countenance that was strained from the stress. Still, she had not aged a day since she had last looked in the mirror. It was hard to see the faces of others, sometimes lovers or unwavering friends, watch them ease beneath the signs of aging. Not even her thick cascade of brown hair had dimmed, still the earthy color of healthy soil.

"What has become of the others, Master?" her tone was slightly grumpy, but she could not fight back pervading thoughts of Paorou, Orochi, Myrn, and so many others.

[/size]

Rory and Kitty were now walking besides the prisoners and much like the communication with TK, it was a language that none of the others could understand. "The fates have been revealing strange paradoxes in the world once more." Rory then raised his hands and two black dice shaped objects started spinning around in the air. "A time of hardship shall come to pass over the lands once again. Unlike the previous war, there are sides that all claim that a hero is coming. An outsider from the universes beyond. However, I cannot read more into this ploy, for the dreams of this realm have been corrupted by some force. Too wise to be the spiders or noobs. This is what concerns me the most of all." Rory then took another puff from his pipe, while TK once again made his messy brown hair her resting place. "I have moved as many battle mages and important scholars away from this mess as possible. I did not spare any politicians, for they are useless. After we ditch these people, we shall head for the Emerald, as I've already mentioned."

Rory then raised his hands, commanding Zypher and his allies to halt. "We're now entering the oldest part of the tunnels. Be mindful of your steps. One wrong move and you'll be meeting with your maker sooner than you'd like." The light blue lights flickered back on and Rory's face was once more covered by a grey turban. He moved forward and the lights followed him. Barely visible was the edges of a long forgotten bridge and seemingly bottomless pit below them....

Status
Not open for further replies.