The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 4 - Insanity

Re: Insanity - CHAPTER 4

Obskeree listened to the proposal and hastily removed herself from Jack's shoulder as she looked up at the Castle. She shivered. It was a terrifying structure and knowing there were Vampires within...

Vampires ate Fairies, in Obskeree's home world. They ate them as snacks between meals. She didn't know what they were going to be like there, but she didn't really want to take any chances. The thought of being munched as a tasty little morsel was enough to wish she had asked the Neake to take her with him back to his temple.

Glancing back at the group she had been suddenly put in - she only knew two, possibly three including Tegan, but usually just knowing someone's name didn't qualify.

"I really like your idea, but where'd I fit in it?" a girl asked Tegan.

Obskeree put on her best reassuring smile and flew up to her.

"Probably the same place as me," she said, offering a curtsy before introducing herself. Meeting people had to be better than thinking about Vampires with their teeth. So many teeth. "I'm Obskeree~"

[Obskeree hates Vampires. Also, says hello to Acquariana.]

There was a rush of air before darkness fell around Q's face, strands of black that stuck to his sweating skin. His fingers freezed as the tongue ran over his ear, dry like sandpaper.

"Well, well, this one has courage," spoke the honey-rich voice of Lady Markov. She was standing over him as he crouched, her cold and voluptuous body pressed against his. One hand came against his side, pressing between the ribs, while the other drew like an icicle down his cheek. "Are you going to shoot us, Iwakuan?" she whispered, drawing titters from the rest of her family.

* * * * * * *​

On the slopes outside, amber eyes came alive in the night, peering from the treelines and the dark crevasses around the castle path.

The servants of the Markovs were watching, wondering what threat or what opportunity these ragtag mercenaries were offering.

The werewolves kept their distance, sitting still on their haunches, lone sentinels sharing a single hive-like consciousness. Easily eight feet tall, they were the dark progeny of the Lycan Queen - Shifters turned to darkness and slavery. Whatever semblance of humanity they had once shared was altogether lost in the Transylvanian night.

Their existence now was one of eternal hunger, eternal desire. The infliction of horror, the rape of innocence, the beautiful and the unholy fused in lullably beneath the twilight moon.

For all things here were the dark mirror of what lay in sunlight. Years ago, the Shifters had served the Emissaries of Asmodeus. And now... in this eternal nightmare... the Werewolves served the Markovians. A dependency of love and terror. A symbiosis that would devour any who tried to trespass.

They watched and they waited.

He had pulled the trigger in surprise, but lucky for him the safety had still been on.

The weapon was loaded now and there was a woman in his face. Licking his ear...
A shudder went up his spine.
He had never been into Vampires. Zombies were more his style.
There was a particular Fetishist club in Dexterity with a nice little Albino girl named Meru. He liked her a lot. He liked it when she pretended to be a little mentally challenged zombie.
Somehow that had made sex more fun.

This woman? Not so much.
And whatever she had done to dry out her tongue was disgusting, frankly.
This was one LARP where the actors went much too far out of their way to make it real.

But then again, the pile of dead bodies should've been a large enough indicator that they'd gone mad long a go.

"Well, Well.... This one has courage..." the cold woman said.
All that was between them was the rifle. Right now the barrel pushed up between their faces and his left hand, still near the front, was stuck between the woman's breasts.

One of her hands came against his side, pressing between the ribs, while the other drew like an icicle down his cheek. Her digits were cold. Dead. He briefly wondered how she did it; how she was able to keep her body temperature so low. Briefly wondered if he was getting turned on by this.

Maybe.

He sucked in a breath, trying to look away from the woman, get her hair out of his face. Pull himself together. Not be such a spectacle as the others giggled at their display.
As her finger dragged down his face, it ran over the 'whisker' tattoos on him. Even though they were six years old now, he could still feel the ink. Biggest mistake of his life, those tattoos.
He grit his teeth, curling his upper lip. The tatts might make him look like an animal to others.
He thought they just looked stupid.

"Are you going to shoot us, Iwakuan?" the woman said.

Iwakuan? Bornes thought to himself. What kind of a name is that?
The whole situation made no sense to him.

"I think you've the wrong guy," Bornes breathed, his green eyes peering over his sunglasses straight at the woman's own orbs.

Her touch was seductive, that was for sure. Even if he had wanted, he couldn't have shot her currently. The M40 was a long distance rifle, and the way it was shoved between them... Well, he'd have to push her out of the way, first. And he couldn't see that happening feasibly just yet.

He took a heated breath through his mouth, beginning to get a headache.
"I go by Q."

"P-Paorou?" Kaze asked, his voice obviously filled with a mixture of fear and wonder. He had read about some of the plights of Paorou, though he had been presumed either dead, or gone insane in his castle. To find out that he was once again active, Kaze wasn't sure what to think. He was a cornerstone of the Cycle, that much was certain, though what part he was to play was unbeknownst to him. Given Asmo's reaction, Kaze figured that whatever it was, conflicted with Asmo's role.

Walking up to Asmo's side as they both gazed out onto the horizon where Paorou's destruction was still clearly evident, he said in a soft whisper,
"What does this mean for us? What do we need to do?" Kaze asked, unsure of the course of action that they should take. While he knew history, he hadn't exactly had practice applying it to the present, and he looked to Asmo to provide him with the answers that he sought.

"I agree with Tegan" The Grandmaster stated reluctantly "trying to battle our way through would slow us down and weaken us for the next situation in which combat may be unavoidable. I won't enter the castle either, my very presence will almost certainly ensure that negotiations will fail, and the matter comes up of what we have to bargain with, aside from lives anyway" The Grandmaster added his own opinions to Tegan's plan, seeming more the Black Templar he was than the Grey Knight he now is. Serving a Century and a half left it's marks on a person he figured, but if the emperor called for it then who was he to deny him.

He began to survey the Area, allowing his auto-senses to cleave through the gloom, he saw mutants, half man and half wolf, and their baleful amber eyes staring at them with infernal hunger. "I would also like to add that whatever decision we come to we must make haste, or the decision we do not want will be forced upon us."

SUMMARY:GMK agrees with Tegan.

Before Acqua's question could be answered a small fairy flew into the young lady's view. Acqua looked at the thing with a sense of wonder. Obskeree had a rather reassuring smile on her face as she introduced herself to Acqua.

"Ah, so your name is Obskeree," Acqua repeated, a smile now on her face. "Call me Acqua," she said to Obskeree, less nervous now that her mind wasn't on the current situation.

The silver-haired man looked into the eyes of the count, his own eyes full of courage and confidence. However, this was merely a mask, hiding the fear he felt in his heart. He'd been trained his whole life to deal with giant wyverns and dragons, but never had he had to fight someone so human, and without his armor or weapon. To make matters worse, man who had Noise by the throat was stonger than him, stronger, in fact, than any Wyverian he'd ever known. He was impossibly strong. And so, Noise fell back on the one thing that had saved him from childhood bullies: He acted tough. Gathering up as much courage as he could, he let a smile creep across his face, and answered the count. "So, do you ask all your meals their names, or are you planning on taking me out on a date?" As the count stared at him, seemingly baffled at this retort, Noise began to fear that his ruse had failed. Then, the count did the last thing Noise had expected: He laughed. After a few tense moments, Noise to began to laugh, albeit much more nervously than the count's own boisterous laugh. Then, out of nowhere, Count Markov slammed his head into the hunter's, knocking the man silly, before tossing him into a corner. "Seems this one has not had as much time to mature as I had thought. No matter. He should be ready in a matter of days." the count remarked before continuing his search for his next course. Noise, however, heard none of this, as he was doubled over in pain from both the headbutt, which had left a large red mark that was quickly turning a deep shade of purple, and from being thrown against the corner of the room. His only thought now was how to get out of here before the monsters before him could do to him what they had done to countless others before him.

As the throbbing pain in his head started to clear, Noise could see the man the count had inspected before him fumbling with something behind the couch. He also saw what the other man didn't: The countess. Noise watched as she moved behind the man, eerily silent in her approach. And then she had him. Noise was sure that he was a goner, and paid no more attention to the two, instead focusing his attention on how to escape, and more importantly, how to stay alive long enough to do so.

Reactions: 1 person

Porg sighed, looking back at the worried and blank faces. "Fine then.. I'll go. I'll go talk to the vampires, and I'll go get us the safe passage through to the mirror. Since noone else seems keen to do it. Besides I'm already dressed for the part!" He said, smiling and gesturing to his gold-patterned waistcoat. "You guys probably don't wanna stay here though.." He added, looking around to the shapes moving through the surrounding trees.

Tell you what, we'll move as a group, and you guys can stay in the foyer of the mansion, Vampires are too polite to attack guests without some provocation. As long as we establish ourselves as guests to be hosted we should be ok for as long as we need." He paced a little as he walked, clicking his fingers as he thought about the plan.

"Sound good to everyone?" He turned, smiling at the crowd, the same, slightly wild smile, one that was obviously revelling in the adventure of it all.

[Porg volunteers to go negotiate, but suggests they all go to the castle and establish themselves as 'guests' rather than the 'prey' they would likely otherwise be.]

"Markov Doesnt play by your rules child" the warmaster growled, as he stepped from the shuttle, now clad an ill fitting Teknikan Flak vest and fatigues, complete with a ork Slugga strapped to his side
"You forget that the Markovian vampyres are the Shock Troops of the Asmodeus Roleplaying Corporation, they are the hunters in the night, and they feed on any and all that cross their path" he added, striding towards the castle
"And can you not hear the hounds? they approach, with appetites even more voracious than the Markovians, If you wish to survive, stop mewling like pathetic wretches and follow me" as he Spoke Mizdogg lumbered from the Dropship, the Ork seemed to be talking to himself, but as he reached the others he took one look at the castle and shuddered
"I erd about wut appened to da oi ess ay eff when dey got sum of dere boyz taken by dese gitz, dey put up a good fight, an if dey dont like listenin to our wordz, den oi'll give em a thump!" The Ork chuckled as he too moved towards the castle door.

Obskeree paused in her conversation with Acqua to listen to Jack's miniature speech and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she took in what he was suggesting, followed by the Warmaster's horrific detailing.

"You want us to be guests...? You mean, we're going to be in the same building as... as... the Vampires...?" Her little voice trailed off into a mortified whisper. Her blue skin notably paled. "Oh no. No, no!" Images of chewed fairy wings and sharp teeth flashed before her eyes.

She responded to this by hiding behind the nearest person, Acqua, burying her face in the girl's shoulder. Personal space was never a real issue for fairies unless someone explicitly brought it up. "Isn't there some other way? Any other way?" she asked, the question muffled.

She peeked at the others. Those that had heard her didn't reply, which told her all she needed to know. There was no other way and she was going have to stay with them as they went into the castle.

Remaining there or trying to navigate her way to the Neake wasn't an option. She had no idea where she was in relation to anywhere else.

She was just going to have to go for it. And hope she didn't end up on a plate as hors d'oeuvres.

[Obskeree listens to the speeches, which only serve to remind her of her fear even more. But she acknowledges there is no other choice; she'll have to follow.]

Lady Markov hooked her finger around the bridge of Q's sunglasses, pulling them slowly from his eyes to meet her gaze. Up close, her skin was like marble, and her only movement was the slight twitch of her nose and mouth. The vampire wasn't just smelling him. She was inhaling him.

"You're a fleeting one, aren't you?" Her other finger came to his throat, feeling his pulse. "A one-night stand. I could drink but a mouthful and it would end you."

From sensual grace she erupted into violence, her strength coming in flood as she slapped away the M40 and gripped him beneath the jaw. Q's headache intensified and his head was forced backwards, his ears filled with the chuckling of the other vampires. "Tell me, Shotglass: what would you give to be cured of this disease?"

In the opposite corner, Lady Markov's husband was playing an equally sadistic game. Count Markov paced towards the prone form of Noise while licking from his nails a trace of blood that had gushed from the man's nose. "We have ourselves a half-blood." The rest of his family chortled as the Count crouched beyond arm's reach, blood dripping from his hand. "What were doing in my forest, half-blood? Tell me and I may find a more... creative way to kill you."

Outside, the werewolves kept pace with Porg, walking parallel with him through the edges of the forest. And as he neared the castle they came closer and thicker, funnelling him towards the winding path that led to the courtyard. Up ahead, the fires were burning over the portcullis. Ravens, almost five feet tall and hunched over, watched from their perches between them.

All was silent, painted by fire and moonlight.

Though the man was brusque, the Warmaster was right: they couldn't stay in one place too long, or else they'd find themselves dinner to a pack of werewolves.

So, with the plan somewhat in place, Tegan followed Porg and Warmaster towards the castle. She could see the wolves on either side of them, and knew that they were being corralled, but there was no avoiding it. The woman was wound like a spring, ready to snap into a counter attack the moment any of the wolves made an aggressive move.

Tegan hated the idea of fighting, but understood that they might have to fight their way to the front door just to have a peaceful negotiation.

She was just glad that Karsikan and the Warmaster were close by. Of all of them, they would be the most useful in a large scale fight.

Speaking of. . .

Tegan kept one eye on the wolves, and the other for the moment, on Obskeree and Acqua, remembering their questioning from earlier.

"Right," she whispered to the girl. "Just try not to get killed." Then her attention was back on the task at hand: making it to the front gate without losing a limb.

"I'll go with you." Torsty added next to Porg.

If anyone was too scared to talk to vampires and the challenges they met now, he'd only wonder how they expected to react to the wild nature of Insanity. How would they approach the Mad King?

As he was about to argue against Porg's idea of having the entire crew walk in on vampire-turf, the Warmaster walked past the rest in his usual manner, talking in his usual manner.

"You better lead us as knowingly in the actions you take as the way you talk, War....master."

Torsty didn't get a word of what the ork was saying. 'Did he lose half of his tongue or something?'' Whatever it was Mizdogg said, the viking found it best just to follow them to the castle than staying put. Whatever would happen next, it didn't seem organized or planned at all. Would they just bust in and open fire? Torsty had made sure to check his gun if that was the case, holding a tight grip to his hammer.

Then again, he could see his point, it wouldn't be smart to stay for too long outside. The wolves, the vampire's minions were closening in and wouldn't hesitate to jump on them.

And in the end, he was a viking, he wouldn't mind a fight with powerful enemies.

"I'd like to be on the negotiation team, if you don't mind."

Arachnion's breath formed little bursts of fog in the chill night air. That was always kinda fun. The shivering cold, not so much.

From what Warmaster (seriously, that was his name? Man space marine nominal conventions sucked) had said, the creeping shapes in the darkness, what little history she had read and the general atmosphere of the place, it seemed that the Markovians were less of the friendly neighborhood vampires and more of the Vladamir Dracul jerkwads. She really hoped none of them were also sorcerors. That would just make life that much more difficult.

The constant shapes moving in the shadows was a tad bit ominous. Already, they were in the middle of the Markovian's home territory, and the vampires wanted them to know it. Fighting their way through did not seem to be an option.

"Well, we probably shouldn't do too much planning aloud anymore. Call it a hunch, but I think the walls have ears."

Pulling the sunglasses away, Lady Markov drew Q's green eyes into the elaborate facade.
At first, the man tried to hold his glare as his eyes adjusted to the light, pupils contracting ever so slightly into a convex shape.
He blinked once, twice, unused to even this dim lit area without the protection of his sunglasses. Strangely, his gut instinct to shove his eyes closed wasn't present.

The Countess's gaze caught him and held him. Trapped his mind and forced Q to fall into the play, onto the stage. A marionette. Deep down he knew it wasn't real. He'd never admit it. But for now maybe it would help to play along. It felt real. His mind would always deny it but his body felt otherwise.
For now, vampires could exist.
For now, he could fall into a character.
He could role play with the best of them.
For now.

"You're a fleeting one, aren't you?" Her other finger came to his throat, feeling his pulse. "A one-night stand. I could drink but a mouthful and it would end you."

From sensual grace Lady Markov erupted into violence, her strength coming in a flood as she slapped away the M40 and gripped him beneath the jaw. The gun moved away with ease, pushed from the man's hands and bouncing off a nearby wall, clacking on the floor a few feet away.

The gaze was terminated much too soon. The split second of calm before the storm ended when Bornes's head began to throb, the world seeming to melt around him, his slight fever giving way to an even higher rise in temperature from the stress.

The vampiress shoved his head backward and Q closed his eyes, feeling the area beginning to spin. Briefly he opened his mouth to say he needed a cigarette. But then he realized that would be hopeless to say; one cigarette wasn't going to fix how bad it was now. One cigarette hadn't fixed anything like this for at least two weeks now.
His teeth bared at first, his mouth open in pain, but barely a second later his face loosened and he let out a small squeak.

He could feel the thing rising in his throat-- tried to stop it, but didn't have the will afterall.
His shame vocalized itself and he emitted a high-pitched dog whine. His face contorted to that of distaste and although the sound was curt, the other vampires nonetheless laughed hardily at his display.

Bornes felt as if he should die here and now. The room began to finally spin, and he debated not fighting the clutch of unconsciousness as it gripped at his body, weakening his muscles and reminding him his macho act hadn't fooled anyone.

"Tell me, Shotglass: what would you give to be cured of this disease?"

Q's eyes weakly opened, trying to will away the spinning room, bat away his oncoming blackout for just a few seconds as he inhaled through his mouth, another canine whine escaping his vocals as the air was sucked in.

"...Anything," Bornes whispered. His eyes squinted, vision now blurred.
Could she fix it?
In his drowsy, feverish stupor, this world was beginning to make a lot more sense.
It felt like he was in a dream. There were possibilities, here. She was a vampire. Vampires had magic and voodoo on their side. It was about time Bornes had looked for uncommon solutions to his problem. What better time than now?

Q's eyes stared at the far wall, at his things. He tried to bring them into focus, tried to tell his body that he could take this. Take his heart beating strongly as it was, take the stress of being in a completely unbelievable situation and senses being overcome with the dead and dying like himself.
Upside down, he should've been able to stave it off longer.
Should've.
The room began to spiral again, and Q began to shiver.
Was this it?
Was this just a bad fever or was this going to be the last time he passed out?

His voice rose an octave, and his words were woven into a whine coming from his throat: "I don't want to die."

Afraid now as he was any time he could feel himself passing out, he lost all shame and clutched at the countess. His macho act was gone, completely dissolved by his ill health and quite possibly fading mental condition as he grabbed onto the most maternal figure in the room.

Not even two seconds later, it finally overcame him and he passed out, much to the humor of the vampire family.

SUMMARY:
Asmo says spoiler tags are too hard to follow so now you can all enjoy massive scrolling. Px
Also, Q says he'd do anything for the countess to cure his disease after some dog-like whines he's incredibly ashamed of, but then promptly passes out after holding onto her like she was his mom or something and admitting he didn't want to die.

His hand on the hilt of his sword, Palonis walked carefully along with the rest of the group, scanning the side of the path for prying eyes. He had the feeling that the group was being watched, but with his ninja powers waning, he couldn't tell for certain. What he did know though that once they finally reached Lord Markov's castle, they would need to be on high alert.

"You're right," he said to Arachnion. "However, as you will find, there is little that we will be able to keep secret from the vampires, even if we do not speak our plans aloud."

Palonis worried about his comrades. It was said that the vampires could put a spell on you if you looked into their eyes, and that they could also change their form to look like the beasts of the wild. Many tales and folklore were made off of these fantastical beings, perhaps some of them false. For instance, certain accounts of vampires claimed that they withered in the sun, while a few others claimed that they instead could walk freely in sunlight or even sparkle. Not too many people survived an altercation with a vampire in order to document their real abilities. However, if this diplomacy failed, then they would have no choice but to do so. The ninja did not relish that thought.

He had taken most of their criticism in his stride, it was after all, to be expected, they weren't ARC Security soldiers or even Imperial guard, most of them were civilians thrust into the spotlight, But torsty's jibes cut deep, for the viking was no stranger to war, nor was he a green recruit, and the space marine turned on his heel, bumping Archy as he strode past, to where Karsikan, Mizdogg and torsty were walking, grabbing the Viking by the front of his armor and bringing almost nose to nose, his face a calm mask
"Mark me well Viking, Take the Grey Knight and the Ork the Little ones, do not let them out of your sight, and do not let the Markhovians seperate them, you are one of the few here who should know what these creatures do, and you know that if we fight, we die, it is that simple, ensure the other two stay vigilant, for the Markhovians are not the elite of the Asmodeus Roleplaying corporation because they brownnose, they are voracious killers, and they enjoy the hunt" he whispered, releasing the Viking and marched back to Palonis and Archy, his eyes locked on the ninja
"Palonis, Keep your eyes open, I will need your skills of observation to sense if or when the Markhovians make a move, and if they do, i need you to warn the rest of us, but Avoid Bloodshed, the ARC cannot afford to loose anymore troops before we assault the bread cult and wipe them from the face of Iwaku" he growled before moving to the head of the column once again.

ooc: WMD, still clearly thinking its before the start of the Admin War, lays out the plan; Torsty, Mizdogg and GMK defend the 'little ones' such as Aqua and Obskeree, whilst Palonis helps WMD deal with the Markhovians, though he stipulates that he wants to avoid bloodshed.

Porg nodded as people talked and around him, a little put off by the way The Warmaster seemed very keen to ignore his existence, Space Marines ey? He lagged back a little so he was level with Obskeree and Acqua, sighing a little "I'm sorry we have to do this you guys, I really am. Though I promise I'll make sure no harm comes to you if you stick with me at the very least." He said, only glancing at the Fairy as he did so.

"Anyway!" He piped up marching quickly forwards to the front of the group, where the Warmaster was handing out tactics to those he deemed worthy of them. "That's all well and good Warmaster, a solid plan!" He said, walking past the space marine.

"However it has one flaw."

"And what would that be child!?" The Warmaster replied, obviously incensed by the younger man's insolence.

"That I'm about to do this." He said, before swiftly turning around and rapping loudly on the huge oaken door of the castle. He turned back around to face the group, the majority of which appeared to have been stunned by either fear or livid anger.

The door creaked open, prompting Porg to swivel to face it again, straightening his waistcoat slightly. "Hello?" Came a voice from within as the door swung open fully. A broken looking man, in an unmarred butler's outfit stood there, holding the great door, many times his size open in one hand. It looked at least as though the super strength trait vampire were said to have was true.

"Why hello there!" Jack started with a friendly smile. "Me and my friends here were just passing and we were wondering if a few of us could meet with your master the great count Markovian? Only a few of us would need bother the great man, however shelter for the other's for the duration of the meeting would be greatly appreciated. These lands are far from a prairie I'm sure you'll agree!"

The butler didn't seem to register too many of the words, but grinned hungrily and responded "Why yes do come in, I shall go inform the count at once!" He bowed as the group entered the main foyer of the giant building, closing the door behind him. He walked quickly off, up the main steps and through a door to the right.

"Well everyone! at least we're safe from the wolves now eh?"

[Porg takes the initiative and before anyone can stop him/realise what he's doing he's knocked on the door and had them all ushered into the main foyer of the castle. They are waiting on the butler to get the count. We are safe from the wolves now =D]

The werewolves followed, padding slowly up the winding path but always keeping their distance. There was now about seven of them dispersed between the Grandmaster and his allies, while countless more watched from the forest. The Grey Knight remained in a beam of moonlight, shining as a symbol of what this land had forsaken. And only the next few hours would answer if he was leaving this place alone…

Lady Markov's laughter was dark and rich, sounding the length of her body as he arched her back, Q's form limp against her. She cradled the man's unconscious head and whispered into his ear, as if perchance the words would echo in the halls of his subconscious.

"Maybe later, my sweet… when the guests are gone."

She dropped him like a stone then swept away, approaching her husband. The Count had just delivered a kick to the face of the barbarian, Noise, and had left him like Q, half-conscious in the other corner.

The two Vampiric nobles came together, her hand placed on his, turning in harmony towards the archway of the great chamber, just as the doors creaked open.

The grey and withered servant shuffled in, milky eyes addressing his masters, and then, with silent acquiescence, he threw the doors wide and extended a hand. "Your guests have arrived, my liege."

Markov's fingers twitched a fraction, the metal rings clacking on one another, and the servant stood aside.

Count and Lady Markov set their eyes upon Porg as he led the visitors into the chamber. Around them, the rest of the vampiric dynasty reclined on their sofas or at the dining table, casting aside their victims to behold these new curiosities.

"You are anticipated, but not expected," spoke the voice of the Count, a rushing wind that disturbed the candles and was echoed in the calls of wolves and ravens. "What cause should Iwakuans have to grace us with their presence?"

As Porg and the others entered, they took in the full ambience of the gothic chamber. There were perhaps twenty vampires, not counting what was unseen in the shadows. And behind the two regents, at the far end of the chamber, a great vault was sealed with stone doors. Q and Noise were laying either side of it.

The doors were inscribed with a single name… one which few of the guests would recognise.

COATLBARA

[SUMMARY: The Werewolves stand guard outside the castle as Porg and the others are brought into the great chamber. Count Markov questions why they are here. Plus, there's something strange at the back of the room…]

Myrnodyn let himself be overtaken by the group, while staring at the surrounding were-wolves.

These darkspawn were exactly what the Shapeshifters Guild had been trying to get away from. The stereotypical darkness and violence that came with these creatures saddened him, especially since they could not help their feral nature and he could smell their desperation from where he stood, if he tried. As the group began moving the werewolves followed, aside from a small group that started to surround Myrnodyn as he was lost in thought. His mind twisted and turned as he wracked his brain for a way in which he could help these creatures. Sadly, he came to the conclusion that if he helped them now, it would work against his current goals, and so as the were-wolves bore in on him, the circle around him growing tighter with each second, he looked at them with a pained look on his face.

"I'm sorry I cannot help you right now."
He whispered hoarsely, and vanished, the sharp claws of an Alpha male grabbing a hold of nothing before he landed into the dust and started howling.

-------------------

Myrnodyn appeared next to Porg just before the giant doors opened, and walked in stately with the rest of them. He would keep his mouth closed for now as the horrors these vampires had inflicted on his tribe made him more emotional than he would have liked every time he thought of them. For now his eyes slid over the Shapeshifter captives, many of them already dead or dying, despite the blood curse that (according to reports) made vampires favor other kinds of blood. His eyes than slid back to the count and countess, the grey of his irises shifting to fierce blue as the fire in his eyes flares up.

Yet Myrnodyn held his tongue, he would not ruin these negotiations by talking about hurts done in the past, both during and after the Admin War. Instead his eyes sought for neutral terrain in the hurt filled halls of the vampire, and rested on the ominous name Myrn had only read in his collection of second hand accounts of the war. Shivers ran down his spine despite not having met the 'thing' before. And he quickly focused back to Porg, who could start speaking any moment now.

(Summary: Myrn gets surrounded by werewolves, and it becomes apparent he pities them before joining the rest of the group in the castle, perhaps raising a few eyebrows. He looks around the room and recognizes the name on the vault, and it's making him feel uneasy.)

Reactions: 1 person