The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest

Vay was about to lead the ork away from the others, plasma in the face should make it follow him, when it spoke. The kroot had always respected orks as strong warriors, and was thankful this one didn't appear to much interested in fighting them. Once again he bowed with his fist over his heart, but this time feeling he was doing it to a warrior, not a wanderer.

He moved over to examine one of the tribesmen as Grumpy was talking, examining their appearance, their limbs, their markings. “They where strong.” he commented, running a clawed hand over the tribesman's chest, “Their strength would be useful.” He commented to none in particular his stomach churning, he still hadn't eaten so a meal here would serve a double purpose.

You heard us get attacked by the humanoids you see lying around us,” Grumpy said, ignoring the rest what megane-kun was saying, ”And I’ve got a feeling this won’t be the last time we see them, either. It may be an idea for us all to stay together whilst we’re in Anirune Forest; this place was formed in dangerous times, and was populated by dangerous beings when I was last here, and by the looks of things not much has changed.

Megane-kun fell silent, and observed the people around him. The woman seemed interesting to him, she looked like a witch, but her face said otherwise. At this time, Vay had caught up with them, and is now standing beside megane-kun.

The woman gasped loudly at the sight of Vay. For a moment, she stood still and looked intently at him, in much the same way a hungry traveler would look upon a feast. Megane-kun thought the woman was drooling when her expression suddenly changed to one of sadness, she kind of sighed a little and smiled.

"Hello, Vay-the-shy-creature," the woman said pleasantly and then turned to megane-kun, "And are you two traveling together? What's your...?"

"No..." megane-kun was about to answer the first question when gunshots echoed throughout the forest. Gunshots and a thunderous roar. This was followed by a barrage of foul language and the noise of snapping tree trunks and leaves.

Vay shouted, readied his rifle, and prepared himself for battle. Something must have terribly alarmed him, and he seemed to have braced himself for the worst.

"What in heaven's name is wrong with this forest?!" the woman cried as she held up and readied her staff once more.

Grumpy, however, remained calm, though he also readied himself for whatever might be coming at them. "I guess I should be ready too..." megane-kun thought, as he looked around him, more bemused than afraid, however.

As the undergrowth and threes were pushed aside, finally the source of the noise was revealed to the group, a huge creature, clad in what looked like thick steel plates over large army fatigues, their colour a dark ashen grey.

"Oh great..." megane-kun said to himself as the newest guest made its way across the clearing, "more creatures."

Megane-kun looked up as the creature passed by him, for the creature stood at almost eight feet tall, and was extremely muscular. He shivered at the thought of ever making this creature angry. This seemed to be somewhat of a far possibility at the moment, for the creature smiled and seemed to be friendly to them.

"oi, you lot aven't seen any naked umies ave yez" the huge creature said in a deep and almost gutteral voice. The creature took a brief look around the clearing, casting a quick glance at megane-kun, the man, the woman who might be a witch, the dead tribesmen lying about, and Vay.

"ah, you umiez are lucky dis kroot was ere, 'ee did this i'd wager, anyway, dats enuff talkin wifout namez, minez Mizdogg, Barship Ork, Da Warmasta Sent me in ere ta look fer sum sorta treshur but so far all i've found iz a good fight, anyway, what bringz yez into da forest?"

"Wow... this creature sure is friendly..." megane-kun mused as he listened to the giant creature, "I wonder if all the other creatures I am to see in this forest would be as genial as this one."

Megane-kun's opinion soon changed as he saw the huge creature's armaments, indicating that indeed, it might even enjoy an occasional violent clash.

Grumpy looked up at the giant creature, perhaps examining him, shook his head and spoke. ”Actually, the kroot just arrived. I’m guessing you’ve had a run-in with our tribal friends here as well, then. I can't speak for the others, but I've only just arrived here. Hell of an entrance.

Grumpy then moved over to one of the bodies, knelt down next to it and examined it. After a while, Grumpy got up to his feet and glanced at everyone around him. ”We’ve stayed too long already; it’s time to move.” He addressed the giant creature, Mizdogg, next: ”You’re welcome to join us, if you wish, though please refrain from making too much noise, please; the creatures we’ve been attacked by are not to be underestimated, and they’re damned good hunters. What’s more, their markings mean I can’t detect them.

Grumpy didn't await for an answer, instead he began to move off towards the trees, and motioned for them to follow.

Vay moved over towards the giant creature, and did his weird greeting, that is: a bow accompanied by a fist pump to the chest.

He then moved over to examine the tirbesman who Grumpy examined earlier. “They where strong.” he commented, while running his clawed hand over the tribeman's chest. “Their strength would be useful.” he went on.

Megane-kun walked towards Vay, only stopping a step behind him. "Oh please don't tell me you're gonna eat that" he said, grinning.

"No matter how hungry we might be, I don't think we should eat that." megane-kun went on and grimaced at the thought of eating a cannibal, raw.

"We'd better get a move on," megane-kun said after a while, "before we get to be eaten by those guys."

<hr>summary:
megane-kun could only observe and be bemused by what has happened. As Grumpy and the others moved on, Vay examined the fallen Tcho-tcho warrior, with a hint that he might get to eat it. Megane-kun caught the hint and told Vay that they need to follow the others, before they might be eaten by those cannibals.

Magdelene watched as Grumpy departed, then glanced behind her at the others; Mizdogg, Megane and Vay who had a strange look about his face as he stared at the slain tribesman. The look was confirmed to be hunger as Megane said with a grin, "Oh please don't tell me you're gonna eat that. No matter how hungry we might be, I don't think we should eat that."

The little witch made a face, albeit facing away from both Vay and Megane, before turning her heel and ran to catch up with Grumpy. She wondered the gigantic creature, Mizdogg. She had felt instinctively afraid when he had burst through earlier and confronted them, though her fears were quickly put at ease as soon as he spoke, and though his voice was intimidating, his words were not. Magdelene had still yet to decide whether or not he was trustworthy enough to have around but so far so good.

"Where are we heading off to now?" She asked Grumpy while trying to match his walking speed. Her legs were considerably shorter than his and she had to double her pace in order to keep up with the Lich. As she did so, Magdelene quickly glanced behind her and motioned the others with her free hand. "Let's go, everyone!" She said though she tried to keep the volume of her voice to a minimal level. She didn't want to make Grumpy... grumpy.

Magdelene overhears Megane and is grossed out with Vay's desire to cannibalise the cannibal. She then spins around and makes to follow Grumpy, and while doing so wonders about Mizdogg.

She quizzes Grumpy about where they're next headed and calls for everyone to follow.

in one swift motion, Mizzdog had drawn his choppa and broguht the massive axe down on the arm oof one of the corpses, then he cut off the other arm with another swift, utterly brutal chop, before wipign the blood and muscle goo from his axe and placing it back into it's holder, the Or stooped down to pick up the lib, chucking it to Vay, taking the pother for himself
"I wuz alwayz tawt dat it wuz rood ta let wun of da boyz starve, an' dat wun shood neva eat sumfing alone, anyway, Raw Umie may not be as good as roasted squig, but i aint ad nufin ta eat for two weekz, an i aint about ta go ungry when i can eat sum meat, even if it iz a bit gnarly" the Ork proceeded to take a large bite of flesh from the arm, though it looked like he ahd to force himself to swallow it, as he did so, he drew unslung his 'kustom shoota', cocking the twin linked machineguns in preperation for any mroe ambushes
"Lhead dah weh grumpeh" Mizdogg said, before spitting out the flesh he had been chewing on and throwing the severed limb aside
"dat tasted like wun o' dem chaos mutie boyz, buncha tossers" with that the Ork stopped talking, and began scanning for the enemy, though whilst he seemed to be taking every effort to move quietly, his msucled bulk made his efforts seem absurd.

Vay caught the 'meal' and gave the ork a appreciative look before tearing into the flesh. He ate quickly and noisily, his beak even cutting though the bone with only a little difficulty. The entire arm lasted less that a minuet, sharp claws tearing the meat into chunks that where then slid down his thought whole. He finished off by swallowing the hand and wiped the blood from around his mouth and hands with a scrap of cloth ripped from the body before him.

“Thank you Mizzdogg.” he said following the ork, unaware of any outrage or disgust he may have caused in his companions.

Megane-kun was about to follow Grumpy and that woman when Mizdogg drew his axe and in a swift motion, cut off the arms of the fallen cannibal. He took one arm for himself, and tossed the other to Vay.

"I wuz alwayz tawt dat it wuz rood ta let wun of da boyz starve, an' dat wun shood neva eat sumfing alone, anyway, Raw Umie may not be as good as roasted squig, but i aint ad nufin ta eat for two weekz, an i aint about ta go ungry when i can eat sum meat, even if it iz a bit gnarly" the giant said, before he took a bite off the arm.

Megane-kun took a step back from the two, and would have stepped back further had he not stopped by a tree standing in the way. "Are these guys serious?" he asked himself,

Vay took the other arm, thanked Mizdogg and proceeded to wolf down the arm with voraciousness. "Perhaps the taste of such exotic meat would be good enough to warrant eating them raw..." he thought, as he stood there, bemused at how the two relished their meal.

After that, the two, Vay and Mizdogg, got up and followed Grumpy, megane-kun went back to the now maimed fallen warrior and examined it one more time. The warrior looked kind of human, save for his scaly skin, and mishappen face.

"Coming!" he yelled to the others before kneeling down and reached out for the warrior's shoulder.

"Well, I don't think it would hurt to try" he thought as he took a piece of flesh from the warrior's shoulders. He examined it a bit before putting it into his mouth.

Megane-kun found the meat hard to chew, and even harder to swallow. "I think it's an acquired taste..." he said as he wiped his hands and mouth, and followed the others.

<hr>summary:
Seeing how Mizdogg and Vay ate the arms of the fallen cannibal, megane-kun took a bite before following the others.

ANIRUNE FOREST, DAY ONE, MORNING

The witch, Magdelene, quickly catches up with me, and begins inquiring as to where we go next. I look over at her as we walk.
”We’ll need to find a way out of this forest; I was originally looking for a trail, but judging by the state of this place, I doubt we’ll find one. When Tyler Crane created this forest, he really didn’t hold back, I’ve gotta say...”

That was at the end of the war, just before Palonis, the Warmaster and I confronted the fallen Prince on the gantry of Nerf Castle. A very long time ago. Iwaku seems to have endured since then, fortunately; I was half convinced they would have wiped themselves out by the time I ever came back.

Behind us, just as Magdelene calls for the others to hurry up, there’s an audible thud as the ork brings his cleaver down on the arm of one of the Tcho-Tcho warriors. Grimacing with distaste, I remark, ”Our friends are eating, it seems.” Waiting for Mizdogg to catch up, I ask, "Do you know a way out of this forest? The sooner we get out of here, the better, trust me on that."

Grumpy explains that they need to find a way out of Anirune Forest, but that there is unlikely to be any trustworthy paths and trails. Waiting for Mizdogg to catch up, he asks the ork if he knows a way out of the forest.

Mizdogg grunts with amusement
"Afraid off da naked umiez are yez? alright, yez ave two choicez, yez kin either go east wif me an find diz trezshur an' get a evac choppa, or i kan lead yez southeast to da edge of da forest, y'know, ta dat feild where da boss and paroo an' all da uvvers bled an' died in da big war.........now DAT wuz a big fight if eva I saw wun! Da Treshur iz closa, but da uvver way might be safa, but not much if da naked umiez git on our trail" The Ork pointed in two seemingly random directions as he spoke, and whilst he knew the ways to both, he added the compass directions to sound 'less orky' and 'more guardsman' so that the others would more readily beleive him, though as he finished he looked to the kroot, whose skin looked a little tougher already
"Did Vay tell yez 'ow kroot kin take on aspects of dere enemees by eatin em? see, dats ow i kame to respekt da kroot, dere waz dis shapar oo kame an' beat and ate da warboss back when i waz jus' one of da boyz, and afta ee ate da boss, da kroot swelled up in size an' turned green, afta dat, we considered im wunna da boyz, since az da old sayin goez, Green iz best!" Mizdogg chuckled loudly, clearly not afraid of the tribesmen, despite being fully aware of their hunting and tracking abilities.

Mizdogg explains the various ways they can escape, though clearly he is advocating for findingf his treasure first, he also points out why he and vay ate the tribesman, and the natural ability of the kroot to evolve through cannibalism.

"What an incredible trait!" Magdelene exclaimed as she listened to the words of Mizdogg, though her skin turned a slight shade of green at the thought of consuming one of the corpses of the tribesmen they had just slain. "Though, I'd rather my meals cooked through and through..."

Magdelene glanced behind Mizdogg in time to see Vay wipe blood off of his face, smearing streaks of it across his beak and the back of his hand, while Megane helped a little bit of the carcass to himself though he didn't seem to enjoy it as much as Vay had. Perhaps he enjoyed the irony of eating a cannibal.

Turning back to Mizdogg, she was intrigued by his treasure hunt, a god-send to allow her to forget about her woes of not yet being able to return home, "I think helping you, Mizdogg, find your treasure would be a wonderful idea! Since you know your way around this place and all, we could help you and then you can help us out of here."

Magdelene turned to Grumpy with enquiring eyes, "What say you, Grumpy? I believe we owe it to Mr. Mizdogg to help him in order for him to help us in return. It's not far, though is it, Mr. Mizdogg?"

She looked at the huge Ork, no longer afraid of his intimidating stature but more intrigued than anything else. Magdelene continued speaking, adding, "And once we're done with the treasure hunting, we can go our merry way. Like Mr. Mizdogg said, they will track us one way or another and we're better off with someone who knows the way out rather than getting lost?"

Magdelene is no longer intimidated with Mizdogg and suggests to Grumpy that they help him with his treasure hunt so that he may guide them out of the forest.

Vay looked over his shoulder in time to see Megane sampling some native. The human swallowed and shivvered in disgust causing the kroot to shake his head. He walked next to the female leaving the young one to catch up. “Mizzdogg!” He called to the ork “Did you see a warshere?” he asked his voice carrying little hope. “My kin where bound for the Damocles Gulf when I found myself in this place.” he paused for a moment, “What is the name of this world?”

The Ork gave a big toothy grin as it was questoned, and he rested his kustom shoota on his massive shoulder, the barrel pointing to the sky, reachign into his pocket the Ork drew a large, poorly made cigar, lighting it with what appeared to be a small blowtorch, a thick, almost acrid smoke wafting from between the massive greenskin's lips as he answered the questions
"Well, Da treshur is about three klikks dat way, an' I got word dat da Warmasta iz sendin' in some uv iz betta Guard-boyz, 'Stormtroopaz' ee calls em, dere gunna get dere afta we do, de'll 'old off anywun else we didn' invite ta dis party, an den itz a short Valkree ride to da Base, where yez ken all get lifts ta whereeva ya wont, and ye'll probly git a share of da treshur, but dats up to da Warmasta, anyway, lets get movin, i know dem umies kin smell me cigar, and they kin 'ear us talkin, so before they get any more stoopid ideas 'bout chasin' us!" The Ork spoek at first as though he was telling some sort of secret, or just a bad attempt to make the story interesting and fun, but towards the end he signalled for the others to follow him and headed off, although when Vay cought up with him the Ork gave him a quizzical look
"Yer not in da universe anymore Me freind, dis iz Iwaku, itz a whole nuvva univerze, an' as far as i know, therz no tau, Tyranids an' i dun think da eldar, nekronz or most of da warrin factionz of our realm are 'ere, mostly itz just da men an' wimmin' of da barship, though theyz a mixed bunch if eva dere wuz wun!" Mizdogg seemed to relish the fact that the factions of the 41st millenium hadn't broguht their overly complicated alliances, betrayals and ideological warfare to this realm, mostly becauser it seemed to him that the fights seemed simpler, but also because it meant that people were often suprised by his capacity for destruction, rather than expecting it.

Mizdogg answers the questions put to him, then leads the group, if they choose to follow him, towards the location of the treasure.

Vay stopped in his tracks, him home, his kin. Everything he knew didn't exist here. And this green skin was laughing it off. He stared at his feet,beathing heavely as close to crying as the alien could get. Then he raised his head and let lose a high-pitched sreak, calling to his kin, pleeding them to reply.For the first time his hope of finding those who where with him faded. He was alone.

Magdelene leapt in fright as a shrill shriek blasted from Vay's beak. It sounded like a shriek of utter despair and she knew the feeling completely - the feeling of being alone, of being the only one in a strange world. Friends, family and familiar surroundings were nowhere near and the chance of getting back home to one's normality was next to zero.

The vertically-challenged witch stepped up to the strange alien, and reach up as high as she could and petted him in an attempt to comfort him. "There, there, Vay," she cooed gently, feeling so much empathy for the alien that she could burst.

Magdelene looped her arm around Vay's lower arm and began to lead him after Mizdogg, whose cigar smoke wafted like a bread crumb trail through the forest. She looked around and, as she spotted the young man with glasses, motioned for him with her hand.

"Hurry up, you! The tribesmen will be after us soon if we don't get a move on," She called and then turned to Grumpy, "You're coming too, right?"

Magdelene tries to comfort Vay and then calls both Grumpy and Megane to follow Mizdogg towards the treasure.

Megane-kun caught up with the others, though he kept to the back and didn't draw much attention to himself.

The others discussed about what to do next, Grumpy wanted to get out of the forest as fast as possible, while Mizdogg preferred to search for the treasure first. The woman, on the other hand, suggested that they help Mizdogg first, since Mizdogg knows the way out of the forest.

Along the way, Mizdogg explained why Vay wanted to eat the fallen tribesman. Mizdogg said something along the lines of 'absorbing the powers of the fallen warrior', but megane-kun wasn't so sure since he wasn't really paying attention. He was simply content in following the others, and didn't particularly care where they're heading.

Megane-kun would have remained spaced out still, if not Vay's sudden shriek, and the woman's equally hysterical shriek reply.

Before anybody else could react, she stepped up towards Vay, and petted him. Not satisified with this, she looped her arms with his and led him towards Mizdogg. Megane-kun could barely hide his snigger as he slowed down further, increasing his distance from the others.

His bid to give the others more space failed to work though, as the woman looked back towards him and yelled: "Hurry up, you! The tribesmen will be after us soon if we don't get a move on!"

Megane-kun sniggered louder, "But I thought you guys needed some privacy..."

"...I would have closed my eyes too, if you guys told me to do so."

Vay felt contact on his head, along with a soothing voice. Then he felt an arm around his, his pulled away from the the contact but allowed her to take his arm and then he was being pulled forward. He opened his eyes to see the short female leading him. Was it customary for the females to look after those who where stricken, or weak? It was strange to the kroot but he found it comforting all the same.

Deep within he felt something stir two forces awoke, one fed on his despair, the other dispelling it. He studied the human walking next to him, she was small, but she radiated power, not dissimilar to the crackling powers of those from the imerium, those psykers. He looked back at the young one, who the female had called to, perhaps the humans here where matriarchal? Did the possess a god-empress? He decided that in either case he had better return her gestures with respect.

He tightened his arm around hers and looked forward, “What may I call you...” he hesitated unsure that title to give her, and tried to cover up this lapse with another question, “And how did you come to this place?”

Megane-kun sniggered louder, "But I thought you guys needed some privacy..."

"...I would have closed my eyes too, if you guys told me to do so."

Magdelene shot the bespectacled man a look. In a flash, she connected the end of her staff to the side of his head in one swift movement...

Whack!

...And 'humphed' before turning her attention back to the strange creature with whom she had linked arms with. Immature, she thought to herself though Magdelene was aware that her cheeks had begun to warm a little after the bespectacled man's comments. The bespectacled man... had he told her his name? She couldn't remember him saying so and decided on 'Spectacles' as an appropriate nickname for him in the meantime.

He tightened his arm around hers and looked forward, “What may I call you...” he hesitated unsure that title to give her, and tried to cover up this lapse with another question, “And how did you come to this place?”

Magdelene's thoughts were disrupted when the creature began to speak. She didn't catch the beginning of his sentence but heard the rest of it. Her gaze travelled to the ground as she remembered her predicament.

"I was casting some Time Magic and... and something went wrong. I made a mistake," She began, "It was such a stupid mistake too! I wasn't concentrating properly and was thinking of this delicious marshmallow pizza I had for breakfast... and then... I-I landed here..."

"And now I can't get back home," Magdelene sighed, her breath quivering slightly. She desperately wanted to go back home to her family, friends and her sweets. Did they even have sweets her in Iwaku? Did they know what strawberry shortcakes were? Does that even exist in this world?

Though the company surrounding her eased her pain somewhat for they were a right happy bunch, even Spectacles and Grumpy, she still felt the pang of being the only one of her kind. Will she ever be able to look into familiar eyes again?

"And what about you, Shy Vay? How did you arrive here?"

Magdelene whacks Megane-kun over the head with her staff after his comment, then wonders about his name. She then answers Vay's question regarding how she arrived in Iwaku, gets slightly depressed about not being able to go back for a long while and then queries him about how he came to Iwaku

As he finished his comment his head connected with the other end of the woman's staff.

"Witch" he spat out along with some blood, but continued laughing.

As he recovered from his laughter and stretched his neck, he caught a glimpse of the woman blushing. "Oooh... truth hurts isn't it?" he said to himself.

"Now I wonder if Grumpy knew that his girlfriend is cheating on him..." he mumbled as he saw Vay tighten his arms around the woman. Seemed to him that they were talking softly to each other.

"Meh.... Women....." he sighed, and averted away his eyes from the scene before him.

It took Vay a second to notice the female had struck Megane, and the odd discoloration in her cheeks. But he said nothing. She reminded him of the sisters of battle.

<b>"And what about you, Shy Vay? How did you arrive here?"</b>

“I don't... know..” he began, he strained his memory, then stopped dead in his tracks.

A pitch black corridor stretched before him, its metal walls and floor reverberation with the sounds of a one sided battle. Screams of dying kindred penetrated his mind, pain followed. A large hand held his head as he was examined, tested. “This xeno is suitable, send him through.”

Vay flinched cutting off the memory, and the pain that filled his mind as some unfamiliar part of him came to life hiding pulling the memory from his grasp.

“We entered the warp, I guess the drives failed, I wasn't meant to survive that, its impossible.” his voice sounded weak, and he leaned against the witch panting slightly. He listened to himself realizing that he had just declared his entire family dead. And by all likelihood he was right.

As he finished his comment his head connected with the other end of the woman's staff.

"Witch" he spat out along with some blood, but continued laughing.

Magdelene's eyebrow rose as she heard Spectacles mutter the word. So, witches were known in these parts? She felt a little more relived that someone had at least recognised who and what she was. It seemed almost like home.

“I don't... know..” he began, he strained his memory, then stopped dead in his tracks.

Vay flinched cutting off the memory, and the pain that filled his mind as some unfamiliar part of him came to life hiding pulling the memory from his grasp.

“We entered the warp, I guess the drives failed, I wasn't meant to survive that, its impossible.” his voice sounded weak, and he leaned against the witch panting slightly. He listened to himself realizing that he had just declared his entire family dead. And by all likelihood he was right.

"Vay!" The little witch exclaimed as she felt the weight of the alien creature upon her. He seemed to be a little short of breath and immediately she became worried. Was it something that she had said? Vay looked somewhat stressed and she cupped her hands to shout to the others.

"Stop!" She cried and then turned to the Kroot. "Is everything alright? Do you need some water? .... Do you even drink water?"

Quickly, she clasped her staff tightly and shut her eyes causing the crystal tip to glow a deep blue. Motioning with her hands, Magdelene formed a globe of water within her free palm and handed it to Vay in order to drink.

"Here, take this," She said then looked sharply at Spectacles who was lagging behind, "Spectacles! Quit dawdling! Come over and help!"

Magdelene finds it comforting that Megane called her a witch as it feels a little like home but when Vay seems to struggle with his repressed memories, she becomes worried. Calling everyone to stop for a moment, she asks if Vay is okay then magicks a globe of water for him to drink. After that, she shouts to Megane to come and help.

Megane-kun walked along with the others, while avoiding the sickenly sweet scene in front of him. However, another hysterical shriek from the witch called his attention.

"Vay!" The little witch exclaimed as she felt the weight of the alien creature upon her.

"Hey! You guys already making out?" megane-kun thought, intrigued by what he had witnessed, but not really inclined to interfere. However, things weren't as cute and cuddly as he might have thought, as Vay appeared close to passing out, and the witch getting more hysterical than normal.

"Stop!" she cried and then turned to the Kroot. "Is everything alright? Do you need some water? .... Do you even drink water?"

Megane-kun stopped in his tracks as the witch conjured a blob of water. "Hey, wait. This is serious!"

"Vay... Vay's suffering another attack!"

"Spectacles! Quit dawdling! Come over and help!" the witch's voice brought megane-kun back to reality. He rushed towards Vay and laid him on his chest, and supported the rest of the kroot's back with his tighs and basically, acted as some sort of makeshift chair.

"Don't worry..." megane-kun whispered to Vay, "you can make it." Turning to the witch, megane-kun said, "I believe we hadn't been introduced to each other as of yet, and thus I don't know what to call you, but now is not the time for that, unless you're into that sort of thing."

Vay's raspy breathing reminded megane-kun what he was supposed to say. "Oh yeah, as I was saying, do we have some sort of a medic here? I think our friend here is suffering from some kind of migraine attack, or was it asthma? or.. uhm.. epilepsy? I don't know.... but he's sure suffering from some kind of attack...."

"Yeah, some kind of attack.... Barely managed to avert it the last time, but this time might be different," megane-kun went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.