The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest

(Musical Ambience: Break Free, Hidenori Iwasaki, Front Mission 4)

Forest Zone, Anirune Forest
Five minutes from drop zone...

The C-130J Hercules can best be described as the workhorse of the Army and the Air Force for moving light equipment and manpower over long distances. It could combat drop pallets in Firebases, drop airborne divisions into hotzones, or insert special forces units into hard to reach areas.

As was happening now. The pilot and copilot checked their instruments and navigational data as the large bird drew closer to the drop zone. They had seen a flash from somewhere in the forest but paid it no mind. Anirune Forest had a tendency to interfere with special electronics. Forward Looking Infrared, GPS, JTIDS*, guided weapons systems, communications, optical camoflauge, and even nanomachines. That made the forest an excellent site to train soldiers in Escape and Evasion, Combat Search and Rescue, and Pursuit and Destroy missions.

"Captain Pliskin, we're almost into the drop zone." the pilot said over the internal net to Captain Jeremiah Pliskin, 9TH SOCOM's 'Big Boss.' Pliskin and his team, the Ghost Faces, sat in the cargo hold, clad in Reaper suits. The Reaper suit was designed with an integrated optocam, blending into a background much like an octopus does. Some in the SPECWAR community took to calling it 'octocam.'

"We're ready to drop." Pliskin replied to the pilot. He was the only member of his team not wearing the hood that came with the suit. Instead he wore a well worn black bandana, tied around his head. The Loadmaster stepped toward the rear door and fastened a lifeline to his flight suit. He gave the eight men of 9TH SOCOM a thumbs up then pushed the button to open the cargo bay door. Pliskin and his team hung back, looking at the greenery below them.

"Happy landings!" the loadmaster shouted Pliskin nodded to him before jumping clear of the bird.

Paradrop.jpg

His team followed, leaping out into the open. They were preforming a HALO jump. High Altitude Low Opening. Perfect for insertion of a small strike team into hostile territory. They deployed their chutes at the last possible second, slowly drifting down to the forest floor. Once on the ground they gathered their chutes, burying them as per doctrine. The soldiers scrambled to find each other, meeting near a creek.

"Alright, we split up into our cells." Pliskin said, looking at the men in his team. "Avoid contact with the enemy at all costs. They're going to have every advantage over us in numbers and firepower." Pliskin recieved nods from his men.

"Captain, how long do we have to reach the LZ?" Lieutenant Deimon Kisaragi, Pliskin's Executive Officer, asked. The Captain dug his PDA out of a mag pouch and glanced at it before putting it back.

"A week." he replied, the beat of rotor blades announcing the arrival of the OPFOR.

--------------------------------

Forest Zone
Forward Edge of Simulated Battle...

The helicopters entered the forest zone, having finished tanking off with several C-130s. The squadron was comprised of V-22 Osprey transport birds, MH-60K Pave Hawks, AH-64G Super Apaches, and RAH-66D Comanche Warriors. They all bore the hammer and sickle emblem of the 446TH Airborne Divison, the Cossacks.

"ФУНТ 15 к ФУНТУ 1, мы вошли в Область Операций." an Osprey pilot reported in to the lead gunship, a Super Apache. This one bore a decal on the engines depicting a rubber ducky wearing a pirate hat and eye patch, it's right wing clutching a cutlass.

"ФУНТ 1 к ФУНТУ 15, начните вставку отряда." Captain Gregori Vasilev replied. The Cossacks preferred to communicate with eachother in their native tongues as it made it harder for hostiles to decipher their radio conversations. The Iwakuan Legion had made note of this everytime joint training exercises came up and the 446TH was slated to either assist an Iwakuan tank battalion or as aggressors.

"Скопируйте это... Перерыв, Бой заглядывает движению. Все единицы развертывают загруженную пехоту." The gunships took a cover pattern as the Ospreys and Pave Hawks opened their doors. Ropes were thrown out the sides, soldiers fast roping to the ground.

"AWACS Oka Nieba, this is PD-1, do you copy?" Vasilev spoke into his radio to the E-3B Sentry that was monitoring the operation.

"PD-1, Oka Nieba. You're a little staticy but we can make out what you're saying." the controller in the AWACS replied.

"We've dropped our troops and are commencing the operation." Vasilev reported.

"I copy that. Rules of Engagement are in effect." the operator finished. Vasilev reached up and grabbed the flask set next to the console in front of him. He took a quick swig of vodka then handed it across to his pilot. The soldier took the offered drink, handing the metal container back. Vasilev returned it to the makeshift cup holder as the last Minigunner dropped to the ground.

"Сурок к ФУНТУ 1, мы начинаем нашу зачистку." Master Sergeant Domochevsky, the 446TH's Command Master Sergeant, said over the net.

"Утвердительный, Сурок. Хорошая охота." Vasilev replied as the Pave Hawks began their aerial sweep.

---------------------------

(OOC)
-9TH SOCOM and the 446TH Airborne conduct E&E and Search and Destroy training in the Anirune forest.
(/OOC)

Vay stood looking at the fight above them. His rifle raised but he hesitated. He watched them, unable to take his eyes away, standing there frozen. A drop of blood fell just above his beak and was licked away. He seemed to be hypnotized, or perhaps waiting....

A particularly vicious blow against Archy brought a primal scream from the kroot that started low but rose to a almost deafening volume in less than a second before being cut short. It was clear he was enjoying the show.

"fer zogs sake, dat archy iz mukkin about again, well fine, Zog it" Mizzdog growled, hurling agrenade into the elevator shaft before stomping off towards the staircase, a dark and frustrated series of growls emenating from his shadowy form as he dissapeared into the darkness.

Mizzdog, fed up with all the 'mukkin about' leaves archy and co and heads off to find the treasure by himself.

Megane-kun looked around him and saw an excited Vay, whose eyes sparkled with intense interest in the fight between Arachnion and that Grace, a spaced-out Magdalene, whose blank eyes indicate that she was still shocked by the blood that splattered into her clothing, a quiet Grumpy, whose stoic eyes viewed the fight with great indifference, a tired out and exhausted Arachnion, an equally tired out and exhausted Grace, and an irritated and disgruntled Mizdogg, whose impatience can be clearly seen thru his face.

"fer zogs sake, dat archy iz mukkin about again, well fine, Zog it" Mizdogg growled. his face carrying an indescribable expression. Megane-kun thought it was wise not to react but instead looked at the departing ork.

Megane-kun again looked around him and shrugged his shoulders. "What now?" he asked himself.

'Damnit' Tyler thought. 'this day isn't going to get better any time soon is it?

Tyler jumped up against the wall and kicked off of it, grabbing hold of the railing he flung himself over onto the stairs beside Grace. He grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back.

"Calm down now, no need to drag this further than it already has been." He said to Grace.

Archy looked up, rather relieved at TC's sudden appearance. Blood dripped from the gash on her left arm, torn open by Grace's claws.
"What are you talking about?! She's a murderer!"
"Grace, I.."
"Don't lie!" She calmed down a bit. "I was not the first. You and Mryn made another before me-my sister. And when she didn't live up to your expectations, you killed her and removed my memories of it."

(Musical Ambience: Dense, Frank Klepacki, Command & Conquer Red Alert)

Search Area, Anirune Forest...

Soldiers moved in a wide search pattern, Pave Hawks and Super Apaches using FLIR to try and pinpoint their marks from above. The soldiers on the ground were poking and prodding at foliage with bayonets, checking under each stone they came across. The last man of the group turned around every few steps to cover his team's rear. He turned back around, letting his weapon hang to steady himself as he followed his team into an embankment where they were presently searching.

The soldier started his descent when something yanked him back up the hill. Before he could scream every nerve in his body fired up for a few seconds. Captain Pliskin pulled the unconcious man up into a sitting position against a tree, sheathing the stun knife after doing so. Pliskin looked up when he heard the man's team calling for him over the radio. The SPECWAR Captain crawled away from the downed soldier, his leg beginning to twitch.

The team the man belonged to was coming back to check on their rearguard.

"Command, we may have found our marks." the team leader said into his radio handset as a Pave Hawk drew near overhead. "We need a CASEVAC. Our rearguard was taken out, probably while trying to follow us into an embankment."

"Copy that. We're sending an additional team down to assist in your sweep." the controller in the AWACS replied. The man who had been knocked out was finally stirring, managing incoherent babble. He was put on a stretcher and carried to a clearing where a V-22 was waiting, rear door open. A group of soldiers disembarked with a pair of German Shepherds, the dogs leashed.

"Whaddya got?" one of the dog handlers shouted over the beat of the Osprey's rotors.

"One, maybe two men near the ravine." the platoon leader shouted back. "It was a diversion... One guy took out the rearguard to distract us. Half the team's up the ravine, the rest of us are here."

"Alright, let's give the dogs a shot." the handler replied as the casualty was loaded into the Osprey. The tilt rotor aircraft took off a minute later. The soldiers took the two dogs into the forest, the animals sniffing about. One started barking near where the Minigunner had been knocked out.

"Alright, we've got him!" one of the handlers shouted, the dog sniffing further into the forest. Above, Pliskin watched them, the octocam hiding him among the leaves. He dropped down then keyed his throat mic.

"Diversion set. I'll meet up with you at the designated way point." he said, recieving the positive reply. Pliskin made his way back into the bush as a Super Apache passed overhead.

----------------------------

(OOC)
-Continuation of training. Pliskin knocks out a Minigunner and dogs are deployed.
(/OOC)

"Calm child, this is not the time or the place. If you have a grievance against Myrnodyn, or any other member of the guild, I'll help you. Although first I need to find out the intents of that Ork, I don't trust them." TC loosened his grip a little. "So, will you control yourself until we leave here?"

Magdelene stared at the commotion going on up above her, spacing out a little as she did so. The shock from seeing the blood and realising it to be Achy's put her off guard but she managed to shake herself out of it as she head the Ork mutter something loudly to either himself or everyone around him.

She turned and noticed him as he began to walk away.

"Mizdogg! W-wait!" She called, but he either did not listen or didn't hear her. Magdelene wasn't the type to promise something and abandon at the last minute, though she didn't want to leave the others behind either. What to do? She asked herself switching her gaze back and forth from the main group to the quickly disappearing Mizdogg.

Then, with a deep breath, the vertically challenged witch made her decision. Quickly, Magdelene wiped the blood off of her nose bade one last look up at Archy and the others, then scuttled off after Mizdogg.

His light was quickly starting to diminish from sight and she tried in vain to catch up with him. "Wait!" She called, huffing and puffing as she jogged after the gigantic creature. "Mizdogg, wait! You're going too fast!"

Magdelene decides to run after Mizdogg after a split second decision.

Vay followed the witch down the passage, he was interested in what exactly the ork was after, but knowing the greenskins it could just be some trinket of no use to anyone, but Mizdogg had said he has been sent by others...

"I'd like to just be a family again..." Grace stopped struggling for a bit.
"..but I can't let her go unpunished."

Spines burst from Grace's skin where TC was holding her, forcing him to let go. She grabbed Archy by the neck, holding her over the open elevator shaft.

It was a long way down.

"I...I never wanted to do this..."
Grace avoided her mother's eyes. "But..after he showed me what you had done.."
Archy tried to ask who she was talking about, but Grace's hand tighted around her neck and the words were cut short into a gargle.
"I'm sorry it had to come to this. Goodbye." With that, she let go, and Archy fell down into the void.

"hell girl" TC muttered as Archy was dropped down the shaft. Rushing past Grace TC jumped into the elevator shaft. TC managed to fall a little faster than Archy, grabbing her and rotating his body to be under her. He scraped one of his hands across the sharpened edge of his gauntlet. drawing a symbol on his other hand he held it a little bit below his back.

His hand hit the bottom of the shaft shortly before he did, softening the surface. His shoulder then struck the bottom with a resounding crack, but he absorbed most of the impact, sparing Archy much of it.

ANIRUNE FOREST, MORNING​

I watch Tyler and the cat-woman hurtle down the shaft and sigh before looking over at Megane.
"Go with the other three; I'll be along shortly."

Without another word, I drop down the shaft after muttering a few choice words from the language of Undeath, letting the energy from the Soul Stones flow into them. Before I hit the bottom of the shaft, a blast of energy forces my plunge into a careful landing nearby to where Tyler and Archy have landed.

Immediately, I ready my magic, my eyes beginning to glow their pale blue colour whenever I am in such a state; I have a feeling that 'Grace' won't be too pleased with Tyler Crane spoiling her attempt at revenge, and will be down shortly to finish the job. I couldn't care less about this Archy, but Tyler Crane is a veteran of the war as well, and apart from anything else, he'll know a way out of the Forest.

"I have a feeling Grace won't be too happy with you interrupting her attempt at vengeance, Tyler Crane. Here's my offer; I help you either talk her down or fight her off, and you assist my companions and I in getting out of this forest in one piece."

Grumpy tells Megane to catch up with the others before dropping down the shaft after TC and Archy. He offers to help repel Grace if TC agrees to help him and the others get out the forest alive.

"Dat's coz I drunk sum red paint dis mornin'," answered Mizdogg, not even bothering to slow down for Magdelene as he took the stairs three at a time.

The witch struggled to keep up, clambering each stair with tired gasps. "Wait... huhr!... you... huhr!... you drink pai... OOPH!" At the top of the stairway she bumped into Mizdogg, who had suddenly stopped. The little witch almost tumbled back down the stairs, but was caught in time by Vay.

"Hey guys, what's.... ooh...!" Vay stared speechlessly at the vast chamber which the stairs led to. Mizdogg scratched his jaw.

"Hmm. Itz bigga dan I thought..."

The three treasure-hunters were standing in what looked like an old laboratory. The walls were smooth metal, with warning signs and chemical symbols long faded and overgrown with roots. The blast doors on either side were rusted though, leading to other tunnels, while the ceiling was high and doomed, giving the room a cavernous feel. Old bits of machinery hung from the walls.

A graveyard of half-finished prototypes from the Corporation's heyday.

And at the rear of this massive chamber was the thing that Mizdogg had come for. A large disc of stone had been mounted in the floor, and in its middle stood a man-sized capsule, made from some kind of glowing amber crystal. Around the edges of the disc there were eight curving towers of rock.

The whole thing resembled a giant's crown, lying on the laboratory floor.

"Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go!" sung Mizdogg as he started across the laboratory.

"What the heck is that?" asked Magdelene as she followed him.

Mizdogg glared at her as if she was mad. "Itz the treasur, innit! Whah d'ya fink it iz?"

Vay followed more cautiously, his eyes on the amber pod. "I think she means... what is it meant to do?"

Mizdogg walked between two of the curving stone pillars and stepped into the circle, readying his axe. "Da humies on da Barship said itz fer clonin'. It makez more boyz."

"A cloning machine?"

"Asmo-wotsit couldn't make it wurk. Dat's coz he ain't got da Orky know-how."

The Ork circled the amber capsule, tapping it with the hilt of his choppa.

Magdelene entered the circle, looking nervously at the strangely-arching stone towers around her. "Erm... are you sure we should be messing with this...?"

"No!" snapped the Ork, pointing his axe at her. "YOU shouldn't. Leave da messin' to ME!"

"I think she means..." began Vay, but his objection was cut short as Mizdogg slammed his choppa into the base of the capsule, sending a great echo around the chamber. The crystal-like material of the pod was unaffected.

"Hmm." grunted Mizdogg. He chopped again, causing another great echo. "Hmm." he grunted again. He shifted the axe into his other hand and made a third strike. "Maybe if I..." he struck it again, in exactly the same place. "Oh wait, I know..." he struck it again in exactly the same place.

Vay hovered by the edge of the circle, not daring to go inside it. There were whispers in his head... a pain... an icy feeling in his stomach. "I..." he rubbed his forehead. "I don't think we should be doing this...."

Mizdogg stepped back from the capsule. "Yer right. I iz goin' about dis all wrong."

He sheathed his axe and took out his heavy shoota.

"I think what he means is..." began Magdelene, but then she yelped and clutched her ears as the chamber filled with the deafening echo of gunshots. Mizdogg started blasting away at the base of the capsule, large shells bouncing off the crystal and hitting other machines around the laboratory.

Vay pulled Magdelene out of the circle and took cover behind one of the pillars. "MIZDOGG! STOP!!!"

The pillar shuddered. Vay and Magdelene's eyes went wide, and slowly they lifted their heads, their breaths catching as they saw the stone come to life.

"Ohh Gork!"

The 8 pillars of stone snapped inwards like claws, shattering the crystal pod and almost impaling the Ork. Then they retracted as quickly as they had struck, extending outwards and slamming flat against the floor. Vay and Magdelene jumped clear, moments from being crushed.

They had barely gotten up again when they saw the pillar curve the other way, taking the shape of stone legs. With a great squeal of rock and metal, the central disc rose up, tearing its way out of the ground.

"Waah!" cried Mizdogg as he rolled off the disc and landed in a heap below. He found himself lying on the edge of a massive chasm, leading down into ancient darkness, and from this gaping hole something was lifting up. The circle had just been the tip of the iceberg. Beneath it was an entire body of living stone.

The voices were screaming inside Vay's head. And his blood ran cold as he looked up at the... thing... that Mizdogg had awoken.

Stonesfight.jpg

Magdelene's scream filled the chamber. "SPIIIIIIIIDER!!!!!!!"

A short distance away, Megane was walking up the stairs. He heard the scream and sighed. "What's the point in travelling with women when they're just gonna scared by a little spi..."

Vay and Magdelene shot past him, sprinting down the stairs. Megane frowned at them, then looked ahead again, his mouth falling open in terror.

"SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDER!!!!!!!"

A great sound, like a garling slurp, echoed through the caves as the Stone Spider lifted to full height. Its body shimmered with glyphs and carvings and it turned its eye to the staircase, bristling with inhuman hunger.

"Oi!" yelled a voice from under its belly. "Where you goin' with my treasur?!"

Underneath the garganutan spider, Mizdogg picked up his shoota again and began firing. The shells bounced harmlessly off the stone carapace, and with a single flick the Spider swept one of its giant legs into the Ork. Mizdogg was flung through the air, colliding with several other machines and crashing down under a pile of metal.

The Spider made another slurping noise, the vibrations shaking the laboratory and causing dust and debris to fall from the ceiling.

At the bottom of the elevator shaft, Grumpy turned, his gut wrenching as he heard the slurping noise. Every instinct and magical perception he possessed was suddenly wrought with shooting pains.

Something had awoken... something ancient... something terrible.

The Necromancer turned back to his companions. "Tyler. Get Archy up! We need to..."

The entire world seemed to shake as vibrations tore through the chamber. Rocks and dust fell from the shaft, and great cracks appeared in the ground. There were more slurping noises, sounds of roaring flame and crushing stone.

"Aaaaaaaagh!"

A body dropped through the shaft behind Grumpy, sprouting a pair of black and white wings at the last moment to stop her hitting the ground. Magdelene turned in the air, catching Megane as he fell after her. Then the two of them dropped the rest of the way, landing in a heap. Shortly afterwards, Grace fell out of the shaft and into a cushion of protective magic, which also saved Vay from being splattered all over the floor.

Grumpy was the only one left standing, with two injured people behind him and four injured people in front of him. Everyone groaned in pain.

"What the hell is going o..."

The chamber shook again, and a great landslide of rocks came down the shaft, blocking out the light and covering the seven heroes in rubble and dust.

Up on the surface, the quake was felt by the ISAF squads, and every man, woman and animal in Anirune Forest heard the slurping noise that echoed through the trees.

The search dogs began to howl, pulling against their lines and whining in terror. And near the edge of the exercise area, Pliskin unfolded from the undergrowth, startling an entire search team who had stopped to stare at the horizon.

"What the hell is that?"

The soldiers glanced at him, their weapons hanging loosely in their hands. Between the slurping sounds they could hear whirring noises, like the spinning of rotar blades, followed by the churning of rock and soil.

"Is this part of the exercise?" they asked Pliskin.

"Holy mother of God..." muttered Captain Vasilev. His squadron of helicopters hovered above the forest, watching as something tore through the trees in the distance. Rock and soil was being thrown up in a great cloud and other parts of the jungle were collapsing. From their vantage point they saw what the groundteams couldn't.... they saw the object burrowing its way out of the ground.

Stonessphere.jpg

The sphere was easily 100ft across and covered in gold and crimson markings. It spun rapidly as it lifted from the ground, blasting back the trees on every side. It hovered there for a moment, spinning, before suddenly coming to a halt. The lower part of the sphere opened out, deploying into 8 legs that supported the body's weight.

The Stone Spider turned its eye to the helicopters.

"Break formation!" shouted Vasiliev over the airwaves. "We have con..."

That was all the time he had, before the sky turned red. From the gaping eye of the spider, a beam of scorching lazer fire erupted. It cleaved through the sky, 20ft wide, vapourizing the first two Apache helicopters. Another three were winged by the beam and spiralled away in flames. Vasiliev's pilot pulled up, his consoles screaming warnings as the pair of Pavehawks on either side were annihilated. Helicopters began to fall from the sky, and Vasiliev's world spun.

The lazer beam arched downwards, striking the treeline and burning a great road of fire across Anirune. The search teams and Pliskin's unit were sent running, the forest around them going up in flame.

Hell and chaos had come.

And as fresh slurping noises filled the air, it was clear that this was not a single attack. Holes were opening up all over the Forest, more Stone Spiders crawling from the darkness and setting the world ablaze with their beams.

Mizdogg's treasure would be more than anyone had bargained for...

0fb635a9d4c5084fc1d3f6e48029caf0.jpg

[SUMMARY: Mizdogg finds his treasure - a cloning machine from Asmodeus's old corporation. He tries to cut a chunk of it off, but doesn't realise that it is attached to something far more dangerous. Without warning a collosal Spider-creature rises from the darkness and attacks. Mizdogg is lost and the other heroes become trapped at the bottom of the elevator shaft. The Spider, meanwhile, burrows its way to the surface and begins attacking the ISAF. It is just the first of many...]

Mizdogg lifted himself to his feet with an audible groan, and stumbled over to where his Shoota lay, the weapon covered in dust and shattered concrete.
"Zog it! ERE WE GO! ERE WE GO! ERE WE GOOOOOOOO! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" The Ork's gutteral howl rang out over the sound of the stone spider and firing as he ran, Mizdog began to chase the monolithic spider-machine.

++BARSHIP COMMAND++

"yoo dint tell me dat Da Treshur was attached ta sum kind a spida stompa ya gitz! send in ta Umie boyz wif dat red dress wearing boy, wez need sum Zoggin elp!" Mizdogg's voice, gutteral and Orky burst over the voxcaster, causing the Naval Luitenant to spill hot coffee all over his tunic, his starteled yelp drawing the attention of everyone on the command deck

"Report from Agent Mizdogg, he requests reinforcements to deal with....'some spider stompa', as he put it" the Luitenant spat out quickly, over the sniggering of several lower ranked Ratings and technicians.

a pale hand came to rest on the Luitenant's shoulder and for a moment he forgot about the now lukewarm stain on his tunic
"Send in Talon Schwarm first, then have the 31st's stormtroopers sent in to board the enemy titan, armor support is to be the Knights of Pardua, have them take up position behind the titan's path and follow it out of range of its weapons, we want this thing intact, but if we cant have it, no one can" General Alesia Retropskov said softly, and the man nodded, relaying the instructions to the flight of modified Lightnings that made up Talon Squadron, whose pilots were already scrambling towards their aircraft, fitted with a 30mm Punisher chaingun, normally only seen on Punisher Variant battle tanks and heavier aircraft.

Talon squadron were followed by Heavy lifter aircraft, each with a Leman Russ Punisher clamped into it's belly hold and bearing the tank's crew in a smaller cargo bay behind the cockpit.

these craft were followed by the Valkyries bearing the Stormtroopers who would board the spider and take the cloning device once the Lightnings and Punisher tanks had crippeled or immobilised it.

OOC: Mizdogg calls for backup.
Alesia sends in three Squadron of A-10 Warthog style Lightnings, fitted with 30mm punisher chainguns to attack the spider first, followed by twenty battle tanks, also armed with the Punisher chaingun and a company of Stormtroopers to capture the artifact atop the first
spider .

this is a significant portion of the Barship's elite Tank crews and stormtroopers, such is the value of the prize.

The sound of something big rumbling and making huge footsteps, and the accompanying tremors woke up megane-kun from his slumber. He wasn't sure where he was, or how he ended up there, and much less how long he has been there, but one thing he was sure of one thing: he's totally doomed.

"I'm fucked. Seriously," megane-kun mumbled to himself as he tried to get up, however, for some reason, his body refused to cooperate.

"Guys?!" megane-kun shouted, "Is anyone of you around? Anyone? Anybody?"

<hr>summary:
Megane-kun wakes up disoriented and calls out the others.

OOC: edited... The forest can't be burning around us......

ANIRUNE FOREST, MORNING​

What the hell have they released?

I wince as the magical energies around me strain my ears and make the air vibrate with a terrible sense of forboding. Whatever had been unleashed is not of this world, not even of this Universe.

It is something ancient, something completely alien.

My companions lie around me, in various states of injury. I see Megane push himself to his feet through the smoke, and, unable to see the rest of us, call out.
"I'm right here, Megane," I inform him, looking around at the wreckage of the elavator shaft. The walls have been cracked and damaged, rubble covers the elevator shaft and above us a large chunk of the elevator shaft's roof has been blown clean off. A possible escape route, maybe.

Moving over to Megane, I help him to his feet. "That was quite a knock you took, there. Now help me get the others up; we need to get out of this forest as soon as we can."

Before more of these things appear.

Grumpy helps Megane to his feet and tells him to help get the others standing too, stating that they need to get out of the forest as soon as possible.

Megane-kun tried his best to get up, despite his body not cooperating. He felt like he has been streamrolled, pounded and hurled into granite quarry and then blasted off by tons of dynamite. He would have liked to remain lying there if not for that feeling that they were in danger, serious danger.

"I'm right here, Megane," Grumpy informed him as he looked around at the wreckage of the elevator shaft.

"Huh?" megane-kun turned to the voice but failed to immediately recognize Grumpy who helped him up to his feet. "That was quite a knock you took, there. Now help me get the others up; we need to get out of this forest as soon as we can," Grumpy continued.

Megane-kun stared blankly at Grumpy, he then looked around and saw the others. Magdalene was lying on the rubble near him, and Vay's hand poked out of that rubble near Magdalene.

"Wait, what?" megane-kun asked, "What happened here anyways?" He then tried to rouse Magdalene, but seeing that the witch seemed fine, he rushed towards where Vay was buried.

Megane-kun turned to Grumpy as he pulled Vay out of the rubble, "Yeah! What happened here? and why were we all knocked out?"

Vay lay on the broken concrete covered in dust and bleeding from a couple of places. He began to move lifting himself off of the floor and sitting. He cursed under his breath and held his head as the voices continued their whispering. There was no natural light and from the lack of airflow they seemed to be trapped at the bottom of the shaft, only grumpy seemed to be unharmed and most of the others where still lying still seeming to be in the same shape as the kroot.

"That thing... what was it. Where is the greenskin?"

He looked around before wincing and holding his head again with a small gasp of pain. As close to a gasp as the beaked xeno could get anyway.

He realized he was sitting on something soft and saw he was on top of Grace. He slid off of her and tried to stand getting help from both Grumpy and Megane and leaned against the wall still holding his head. The voices there distorted, he couldn't make out what they where trying to say anymore, but now they didn't stop. Something was making them speak to him, something was disturbing them.

(Musical Ambience: GLA Anthem, Bill Brown, C&C Generals: Zero Hour)

Oka Nieba (AWACS): What the hell is going on down there? Is any one still alive?
Oka Nieba: Any one, respond!
Oka Nieba: Break... Underbase IV, I have lost contact with friendly ground forces. Those... things... They tore through the helos like nobody's business... I need an escort out of here.
Big Boss (Captain Jeremiah Pliskin): Oka Nieba, this is Big Boss... We read you Lima Charlie...
Oka Nieba: Thank Christ someone's alive... Big Boss, can you make the original LZ?
Big Boss: Yeah, give me a few hours. We've got walking wounded and we're being hunted by... What the hell...?
Oka Nieba: Big Boss, say again. I didn't hear your last.
Big Boss: Noobs... We're under attack by Noobs.
Oka Nieba: You've got to be shitting me! Alright, stay calm and get to the LZ as quick as you can. I'll try and get a CASEVAC in for you.
Big Boss: Better hurry. Some of those things can teleport.
Oka Nieba: Copy that, break. Underbase IV, come in...

----------------------

(OOC)
-Radio transcript. Remnants of 9TH SOCOM and 446TH's airborne infantry call for CASEVAC.
(/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.