The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest

Vay watched the cat-girl wearily, only slightly inclining his head when he was introduced. "We should indeed follow the ork." he said noting the peculiar behavior of the witch, and agreeing with her. He was still a little confused by everything that was going on, but found the contact with Magdelene's hand comforting in a strange way. "And my me people are strong, we can run." he said this last sentence to Archy. "But I have only been here for a few days."

"... ... ... ...." megane-kun continued staring the catgirl.

"... ... ... ...! What the...." he swung his head violently from side to side, as if shaking off something from his head.

"What the hell am I doing?" megane-kun realized as soon as he had regained his ability to think. "Seriously, I..." he began to ponder, but immediately slapped himself out of it, "NO!!"

"Wait, what the hell? That guy was a girl when he kissed me!" he thought, "And that means, I should not be worrying too much. Unless I secretly wished it was the male form that kissed me."

"... Wait... never mind." megane-kun caught himself before going off again to think all sorts of other things.

Megane-kun looked around him, it seems that everyone, except Grumpy, had already gathered around him. Mizdogg was standing in front of the group, somewhat bored by the proceedings. Arachnion, who had changed into a catgirl, was beside Magdalene, and seemed to be comparing breasts sizes. Vay was standing on the other side of Magdalene, towering beside her.

They seem to be introducing themselves to one another, again. Megane-kun glanced at a bored Mizdogg, who suddenly walked away.

"MIZDOGG! DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT US!! WAIT! WAAAAAAAIT!!" Magdalene shouted. "We've got to go with him! We were following him then Spectacles... I mean, Megane-Kun wet himself and then you showed up and now..." She hastened a look at the quickly disappearing Mizdogg.

"We should indeed follow the ork." Vay replied, though confusion can be hinted at from his voice. His hands wandered off, but found sanctuary in the cute little hands of Magdalene.

"Wha.. What? What is going on again? Why is Mizdogg leaving?" megane-kun asked the others. His eyes wandered around the clearing, eventually settling on Arachnion. "Well, whatever it is, I think we should indeed follow him," megane-kun said.

"You may head your own way if you want to, Archy," megane-kun continued, "we're not obliging you to come with us. But if you're bored enough, you're more than welcome to join our crazy bunch."

Mizdogg turned around once more, his face twisted in a mask of barely restrained anger
"If yez want treshur, follow me, if yez dont, bugga off! oive ad it wif all da mukkin about!" he bellowed before pointing to Archy
"if yez wanna follow us, den do it, but stop wif all da pokin and mukkin about, or i'll give ya a thump!" he threatened, though more from habit than actually intention.
with a snarl, the ork spun on his heel, unable to fathom the concept of regret but not entirely feeling good about having lost his temper.

a few moments later, Mizdogg had cut his way through a rather thick swathe of undergrowth to find himself at the edge of an enormous clearing, littered with moss covered rubble and what looked like a floow from a skyscraper jutting from the ground.
The Ork let out a joyous laugh as he loped for the ruins, his Choppa in its holder and his Shoota at the ready.

The above ground section bore a liter of ruins that spoke of the upper floors of the building being shorn off by an explosion, though in the centre, standing above all else was a large rectangle of concrete, the doors to the elevator inset within one of the thinner faces, a bold '10th floor' sign pointing out that at least nine floors of the building were now underground.

Mizdogg looses his temper at everyone, who seem to be mostly mucking around especially archy, who he whilst not really meanting to, threatens by way of saying 'come on or piss off!'

Also, he finds the entrance to the resting palce of the 'treshur' which looks to be a ruined skyscraper that is mostly underground, though it once rose at least ten stories into the sky.

Magdelene felt a strange overbearing heat on her hand but when she turned to look, she realised it was only the strange Alien Vay. Perhaps he didn't know the way? In any case, his hand seemed to swallow hers entirely and she tugged him along towards Mizdogg.

Trees, leaves and branches fell ground-ward as Mizdogg hacked his way through the forest, creating a clear and walkable path. Magdelene trudged on using her staff for support while she tugged Vay along behind her.

In front, Mizdogg seemed to spurt a joyous laugh and as Magdelene neared, she saw to her astonishment what he was laughing at. It was fantastic! An actual ruin! She had never really seen such a thing for back in her own world, she lived within the safety of a witchling town that would be the equivalent to a small sized city. As Mizdogg headed towards the ruins with his weapons at the ready, Magdelene tugged Vay and urged him further.

"Wait!! Mizdogg!! We're coming too!!" She cried as she trekked across the moss and rubble.

Magdelene pulls Vay along with her and they both follow Mizdogg to the ruins. When Mizdogg begins to head inside, she shouts after him and follows him

Leaving the young Megane with the strange one Vay went with Magedelene, being pulled along by his hand, the ork was true to his heritage as to chose the least subtle option to get through the forest growth. Vines bushes and even branches had to be stepped over as they followed behind the greenskin.

Then they reached a clearing, quite a big one too, littered with ruins that didn't match anything Vay had seen before. Judging by the ork's laughter this was what they where looking for.

Still following the short female he navigated the racks much easier than his human companion and seeing they where falling behind the large ork he made a quick decision. "Here I help." he said carefully but briskly picking her up and perching her on his back, swinging his rifle and holding that in his hands instead. With his long legs he then followed quickly after Mizdogg careful not to let Magdelene fall.

<b>Summery:</b> Vay follows after Magdelene and Mizdogg until they get to the clearing, then pick Magdelene up in irder to help her over the rocks.

Barely had megane-kun finished speaking when Mizdogg turned back, with an expression that was twisted with brimming anger. "If yez want treshur, follow me, if yez dont, bugga off! oive ad it wif all da mukkin about!" he bellowed, pointing at Arachnion. Megane-kun was taken aback by this. The ork who was giddily smiling a while ago was now a frightening creature, and megane-kun feared that any misplaced comment from him would have the ork swiping the entire party into oblivion.

"if yez wanna follow us, den do it, but stop wif all da pokin and mukkin about, or i'll give ya a thump!" the ork threatened with a snarl, and megane-kun found himself shaking with fear, and grabbed Arachnion's shoulders for support.

Magdalene and Vay followed the ork, with Magdalene leading Vay by the hand, leaving Arachnion and megane-kun alone in the clearing.

"Uh... ... I guess we should get going too..." megane-kun told Arachnion.

Without another word, Arachnion stepped forward, towards the others, and megane-kun's hand slipped from Arachnion's shoulders. Not wanting to be left behind, megane-kun grabbed Arachnion's hands, and started walking.

Arachnion, despite also being a stranger to this forest, made his way thru the path blazed by Mizdogg with relative ease, only slowed down by a struggling megane-kun.

An eerie, roaring laughter that seemed to have come from the ork distracted megane-kun and made him fall over. And since megane-kun was also holding Arachnion's hand, Arachnion too fell over face first into the tangled mess of roots and vines on the forest floor, breaking megane-kun's fall. Thus, the two fell down on top of the other, megane-kun on top of Arachnion, both facing the ground.

"It seems... that the others... have already... found the treasure...." megane-kun said inbetween gasps of breath. After speaking, he laid down his head against Arachnion's nape to rest.

Megane-kun closed his eyes and softly spoke, "Sorry, let me just catch my breath..."

After a while, megane-kun tried to get up, propping his hands against the a slippery root beside him. This enabled Arachnion to turn around.

However, megane-kun's arms slipped and fell down again, this time, with his face planting into Arachnion's chest.

"Uh.. sorry 'bout that.... My hands slipped.." megane-kun mumbled.

"Oh!" Magdelene exclaimed as she found herself suddenly picked up and plonked upon Vay's shoulders. At first she was flustered then, as she looked about from her new vantage point, giggled in delight. "Wow! I never knew the world looked so small from up here! Weeeee~!"

Happily, she perched herself comfortably around Vay's neck cradling her staff in her lap. Her thick frilly skirt made a silly halo around Vay's head, something she couldn't quite help.

"Where's Megane and Arachnion...?" She asked more to herself than anyone, then looked behind with some ounce of struggle as Vay bounded towards Mizdogg at high speed.

In the distance, she could see a lump that could've been two figures on the ground. Magdelene squinted and eventually her eyes widened in disbelief. She screeched her voice trailing into the distance as Vay increased the distance between them, "Spectacles! You dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty young man!! This is not the time nor the place at all for that sort of activity~!"

Though, there was nothing much she could do about it as both she and Vay were nearing the site of the ruins and getting closer and closer to Mizdogg. She hoped they would get their love tangle over and done with, and joined the group. Magdelene felt that Mizdogg could certainly use the extra help to locate his beloved treasure.

Magdelene perches herself around Vay's shoulders happily enjoying her new vantage point. She spots Megane on top of Archy and believes them to be engaging in a sexual act, something she reacts horribly to since she doesn't like that kind of stuff.

However, realising she can't do much, she focuses her attention back to Mizdogg and hopes they will be finished soon.

ANIRUNE FOREST, DAY ONE, MORNING​

With a sudden rush of energy, I am gone from the forest and standing in a centre of a plain of blackness. Colour and light is completely absent, with the exception of a single beam of light shining down upon the spot where I stand, the source of which I cannot see.

Before me is an ornate wooden desk, covered with papers and bizarre items. Sitting in a chair behind the desk is a bronze-skinned man dressed in a white suit. His black hair is slicked back, and he glances up from the papers he is reading to stare at me.
"Glad you could make it," Nyarlathotep, the Prince of Chaos, says to me with a quick smile, and I sigh.
"I'm rather busy right now, you know," I inform the Elder God, who chuckles.
"Funnily enough, I'm aware of that. As I'm aware of your little escapade in the Never-Never." He turns his head slightly sideways, as though sizing me up, and continues. "You know they're sending assassins out after you already? They really didn't appreciate you stealing their key. And all to return to Iwaku, a world you left behind nearly two decades ago. What do they call you there? Grumpy, wasn't it? Quite why you'd choose that--"

I turn away from Nyarlathotep, and begin to walk away.
"As fascinating as this conversation is, I don't have time for it, you pompous fuck--" Before I can finish, or leave the circle of light, I hit some form of wall, invisible even to my eyes. The Prince chuckles.
"You're not leaving just yet, my friend. I have a request of you, and unless you agree to it, you're not going anywhere."

Typical bullshit from Nyarlathotep, then. An Elder God with his fingers in many pies, he has a habit of meddling in things seemingly at random and for purposes only he knows. Whatever form he appears to you in is never his true one, and he speaks in half-truths and riddles a lot of the time. And now he has chosen to pluck me from Iwaku and dump me in some sub-reality, to force me into helping him.

Real kick in the pride for me, in all honesty. I don't like being told what I do, and certainly not by an Elder God.

Grinding my teeth and turning back to face Nyarlathotep, I fold my arms and speak.
"What errand are you wanting me to run, then?"
"Much better," the Prince replies with a smile, "It isn't too hard a task, I assure you. Find the Fallen Prince, and judge him. If you find him to have atoned for his crimes, remove his burden. That's it. Now, back you go. I have business to attend to elsewhere."

Just as suddenly as I appeared before the Prince of Chaos, I am suddenly back in Anirune Forest. There is no swirl of magic, no rush of energy; Nyarlathotep has the power to move things and people without having to move them through sub-dimensions and portals, and that's only showing some of his power.

He is a God, after all.

Sighing, I glance around at my surroundings, before hearing a voice permeate the silence of the forest.

"Spectacles! You dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty young man!! This is not the time nor the place at all for that sort of activity--!" I guess I've not been separated from the group, then. Pushing through the undergrowth, I spot Magdelene, the Kroot, the boy with glasses, the ork moving off into the trees, and what looks like some sort of cat-creature with the boy lying on top of her.

Moving over to the boy, I push him off the cat-woman with my foot and look down at him.
"Behave, would you? Or else I'll have to slam you against some trees." I then turn to regard the cat-woman. "And who the fuck are you, then?"

Grumpy is taken from Iwaku and transported to a strange dimension by Nyarlathotep, the Prince of Chaos and Elder God, who gives him a cryptic order before sending him back to Iwaku. He finds himself nearby to the group, and when he encounters them again pushes Megane off Archy with his foot before asking who Archy is.

Vay moved with the strange grace of his kind, rough terrain was no problem for him. Even carrying the small witch he could leap over the larger obstacles and his clawed feet get him traction on even the most slippery of stones.

They where nearing the ruins when he felt Magdelene turn to look behind them.

<b>"Spectacles! You dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty young man!! This is not the time nor the place at all for that sort of activity~!"</b>

Vay glanced behind, and was struck by the position the two where in, had Megane been chosen as a mate? He must have some traits considered desirable in offspring but surely this was not the time.

Without a word he continued on his was towards the greenskin. They would find this 'treasure' and give the others a little time....

TC finally caught up with the group that was traveling through his forest. As he broke through the trees to where they were he skidded to a stop. Observing what was happening a gave a strange look.

"Well, I see my timing is as impeccable as ever." TC commented as he began to walk closer.

As Megane fell on top of her, Archy had a brief moment of suprise followed by a smile. It was kinda silly, and a good way to mess with him. The kid needed to loosen up a bit, and she patted his head affectionately, smiling at Megane's bit of luck. Or bad luck, depending on you looked at it. She sighed a bit and got to her feet as Grumpy moved the boy off of her.

"Arachnion, or Archy. Work for the shapeshifter's guild, do stuff, mostly related to technomagic. Right now I'm trying to find my daughter, a rogue artifically created shifter. The first, in fact. Mryn's working on developing the production models."
Her attention focused on Magdelene next.
"AND YOU ARE A RATHER PERVERTED YOUNG LADY!" the catgirl yelled, pointing in Maggie's general direction.

"SECRET TECHNIQUE!"
She grabbed Megane by the collar and gave a mighty heave, throwing him off towards the witch.

"MEGANE-DO-KEN!"

She walked up to the rest of the group once she was done with that, taking a moment to look over the partially buried skyscraper.

"Huh..neat. Don't see that every day." A flash of silver from one of the windows caught her eye. Naw, it couldn't be. That would be incredibly convienient and useful, far too useful for it to actually happen. Still, she became more alert anyways, on the look out for other strange things and maybe confirmation of what she thought she saw.

Arachnion's chest felt so soft, and they reminded megane-kun that Arachnion, for the time being, is a catwoman, and a busty catwoman at that.

Megane-kun would have felt kinda comfortable in his situation had not he heard a shirll cry from afar: "Spectacles! You dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty young man!! This is not the time nor the place at all for that sort of activity~!"

"Uh... It's not what it looks like...." megane-kun thought, though he knew that they, himself and Arachnion, would have looked like they were doing something sleazy, especially when looked from a distance.

He tried to get off Arachnion, but something, or rather, a foot, shoved him off and towards a nearby tree. "Behave, would you? Or else I'll have to slam you against some trees." the owner of the foot said, which as megane-kun looked up, turned out to be Grumpy.

Grumpy turned to Arachnion and asked, "And who the fuck are you, then?"

Arachnion sighed a bit and got to her feet. "Arachnion, or Archy. Work for the shapeshifter's guild, do stuff, mostly related to technomagic. Right now I'm trying to find my daughter, a rogue artifically created shifter. The first, in fact. Mryn's working on developing the production models." Arachnion replied.

Arachnion then pointed towards some structure not so far into the distance and yelled: "AND YOU ARE A RATHER PERVERTED YOUNG LADY!"

"Uh... is that where Mizdogg's treasure is?" megane-kun asked himself as he groped around for his eyeglasses. As soon as he had found them, he wore them and looked into the direction Arachnion had pointed to. And there it was, a tower that has been partially buried into the ground, and on the topmost floor of the tower, there seem to be people, but megane-kun couldn't clearly see them.

"SECRET TECHNIQUE!" Arachnion yelled as megane-kun suddenly found himself being grabbed by the collar.

"Huh?! What the.... What the hell are you doing?!" he blurted as he was hurled into the air.

"MEGANE-DO-KEN!"

"What..?" megane-kun thought as he flew across the forest and into the tower, "Hey... the view over here is not so bad...."

"but.. the fall...."

"Would definitely hurt...."

He fell directly over Magdalene, his face once again planting into something soft, thus breaking his fall.

"Hey.... it wasn't as painful as I thought.... Perhaps this pillow..." megane-kun said as he grabbed the soft object right in front of his face.

Too late did he realize that it was Magdalene's chest that he grabbed, and as soon as he had realized his predicament, he had backed all the way into the edge of the floor.

"WAHHHH!! I didn't mean to....!! Really!" he said as he backed off. "I... I..." he went on as his hands tried to find more space to back off to, but found only air.

Mizdogg turned, the annoyed look in his eyes murderous as he hefted Megane off his feet and put him pover his shoulder
"Stop mukkin about ya lazy squigz!" He growled, slamming the Elevator door inwards with a series of heavy kicks, all the while Keeping Megane out of reach and over his shoulder, so that no more shennanigans could occur.

as the elevator door fell inwards with a tortured screech, Mizdogg stooped, careful not to smash megane into the roof as he stepped into the cavernous elevator shaft.

their fall was swiftly arrested as Mizdogg'sw meaty paw clamed down around the Steel cable that once supported the Elevator, swinging himself through the open doors at least three floors down, where upon landing the Ork put Megane down and Drew his Shoota
"Yoo gotta stop wif da boob grabbin mate, itz cauzin all da mukkin about, an' I can't 'ave mukkin about" The Ork's rage had subsided somewhat, and he spoke in a friendly, though rather mocking tone, though it was pitch black, the only light comign from the lamp that Mizdogg slipped over the barrells of the weapon, so that the Light emenated from the space between the Bayonet and the two barrels.
"Roit, lets get dat treshur" The Ork muttered, moving off in what seemed like a random direction.

Vay managed to keep his balance as meg impacted against Magdelene, she witch was knocked off of him and onto the ground with the young human on top of her. Vay's eyes narrowed as Megane felt the soft mound beneath him and he was about to pull him off of the witch but Mizdogg got there first. His glare also found the strange one, he didn't know this place, but he was sure that throwing you companions around didn't fall into acceptable behavior. He had to respect the strength it took though, perhaps....... His head cocked to the side as he looked at Archy... If that one where to fall..... he sniffed the air, he was getting distracted.. bending down over Magdelene he helped her to her up giving her his arm to grab onto and pulling her to her feet, then carried her the remainder of the distance to the ruin.

At the ruin he watched as the ork descended, Meg still on his shoulder, He made sure Magdelene was gripping tightly then jumped into the blackness. A loud bang echoed as his claws dug into a metal maintenance hatch halfway down to the floor where the ork was beginning his search, then pushed of from the wall falling the rest of the way and landing just behind megane.

The alien's eyes shined in the dark and he knelt allowing The witch to climb off of him as he sniffed the air. He listened for anything hiding in the darkness, slowly he began to separate the smells, those of this companions where already somewhat familiar, but everything else was unknown to him, there where plants down here, that much he could tell. standing he realized he should ask a question, it seemed appropriate. "Are you alright?" he asked Magdelene.

Megane-kun backed off so far away from Magdalene that he now found himself at the edge of the floor. He tried to back off some more, but his hands only touched air.

"I'm fucked...." he thought, as he closed his eyes tightly and awaited for his fall.

But just as he had fallen off-balance, he felt a tug against his clothes. He was soon off his feet, only to land over a somebody's shoulders. Somebody, that is not quite human.

"Stop mukkin about ya lazy squigz!" he heard the ork said. However, the ork's voice sounded way too close, and way too loud. Not to mention that this was followed by the sound of heavy feet slamming against metal. The sound was so loud, that he felt each and every slam. As he opened his eyes, he found out why. He was perched on the shoulders of the ork.

Megane-kun stayed close to Mizdogg's head, and held on to his hair for support, taking care not to add more height to the already towering ork. He closed his eyes as he felt Mizdogg enter the elevator shaft.

What happened next seemed like a blur to megane-kun. The next thing he knew, he's already back on the ground, and the ork having his shoota drawn out. "Yoo gotta stop wif da boob grabbin mate, itz cauzin all da mukkin about, an' I can't 'ave mukkin about," the ork sternly warned, in a friendly but rather mocking tone.

"Can't agree any more to that, but the boob grabbing is hardly my fault." megane-kun thought as he nodded and got up. His eyes took quite a while to get used to the darkness, in fact, the place would have been pitch black had it not been for the light coming form the lamp that Mizdogg had over the barrells of his weapon.

"Roit, lets get dat treshur," the ork muttered and led the way.

Not long after they started walking, Vay and Magdalene caught up with them. Vay held the hand of Magdalene as the two made their way thru the dark corridors.

"Come on guys! It will be bad for us if we get left behind here. Mizdogg knows the way, and is the one holding the light!" megane-kun called out to the two.

"But hey? Where's Archy and Grumpy?" he asked after he saw nobody behind Vay and the witch.

TC walked up to the elevator shaft that was visible from the forest. "Ork huh? That explains the damage to my forest all right. Well, better make sure I can keep the damage in check." After muttering this to himself TC started jumping down the elevator shaft using the support beams.

He landed on the same floor that the others had descended to. His eyes couldn't adjust to the darkness, so he felt along one of the walls. His hand came across a cabinet, fumbling around a bit he managed to open it. Inside there was a stash of emergency flares. He grabbed one and activated it, he then pocketed the rest, and continued to follow the group ahead of him.

At the exact moment Megane asked that question, a drop of blood fell from the inky blackness of the elevator shaft above onto Magdelene's nose.

Archy had split from the group momentarily as they entered the building. She ran up a short flight of stairs, coming face to face with...

...nothing.

Sighing, she turned around.

And then she saw Grace. She was not exactly happy looking. To be specific, she looked more like she was doing her best to avoid going completely batshit and failing.
"Grace, thank goodness I've finally found you.." She reached out a hand. "Come on, let's get going home."
"You..." The girl's hands clenched into fists. "You murderer!"

Well, that was unexpected. It was slightly less unexpected when Grace shifted her right hand into a claw and moved it in a downward sweep to cut the catgirl. Archy blocked with one hand, a glowing magical circle forming in the air around it.
"What are you talking about? I haven't killed anyone." Okay, a lie. But certainly no one that Grace or anyone else on Iwaku will have heard of.
"Liar!"
Grace launched another attack, this one consisting mostly of normal claw strikes amplified by her magical skill. Archy stayed on the defensive, blocking what she couldn't evade.

The fight soon moved down the stairs and in front of the open elevator shaft. Archy took an opportunity to jump across the shaft onto a matinence ledge with just enough room for her feet.

Grace leapt at her mother, claw ready to rend the catgirl's flesh. Archy threw up a shield just in time to stop her, and a large pair of draconic wings grew from Grace's shoulder blades to keep her from falling.
"What the hell are you talking about, Grace?"
"I'm talking about my sister!" The magical shield cracked and broke, and blood dripped down through the inky blackness...

..coming to rest on the witch's face.

Magdelene didn't even see what had hit her and before she knew it, she found herself pinned to the ground with something nuzzling the middle of her chest. She glanced down just in time to see Megane tentatively lift his hands to feel around where he had landed, namely her breasts.

"PERVERT!!!!!" She screamed but before her voice could wail for any longer, Megane deftly leapt off and began to stammer and edge away. Her eyes were murderous - no one ever gropes a witch (ever!) but there was no time for punishment. The bulky ork swooped Megane onto his shoulders and jumped down the shaft, his meaty paw's grabbing hold of the old elevator cable to slide his way down.

Still recovering from her 'assault', Magdelene almost didn't realise Vay's outstretched arm reaching out towards her. She grabbed hold of him and hoisted herself up onto her two feet and replied, "I'm... I'm fine..."

Though Spectacles definitely won't be soon.... she growled inwardly. Her mind began to conjure up all sorts of spells and she felt a twinge of regret at not opting to study transfiguration instead. It would be handy to transform Megane into some sort of lowly object.

Like a toilet seat, perhaps.

Magdelene giggled privately and followed the others down the shaft, clutching tightly to Vay's shoulders. It was dark and musty at the bottom of the shaft and Magdelene struggled to see the surroundings around her. The only thing she could see properly was the faint light emanating from Mizdogg's lamp light. As both she and Vay neared the two, she felt some kind of wetness suddenly drip onto her nose.

Leaving Vay to answer Megane's question (as she was still fuming at his breast groping from earlier), she touched the wetness at the tip of her nose and brought her stained finger to the dim light of the lamp and gasped.

"Blood!!" She cried, wiping the rest of it off of her nose then raising her staff into the air. The precious stone glowed a bright white before giving out a bright flash of condensed heat and light, temporarily illuminating the entire underground where it could be seen, high above them all two figures against the stony walls of the shaft.

One clawed and with frightening wings, and the other... bloodied and seemingly limp; Archy.

Magdelene labels megane as a pervert before Vay helps her up. They both head down the shaft after Mizdogg and Megane go down. It is dark down in the shaft and smells musty. Both Vay and Magdelene approach Mizdogg and megane when she feels something wet drip onto her nose.

It is blood.

And after temporarily illuminating the dark underground with a condensed version of her fire magic, the end of Archy's and Grace's fight can be seen. It turns out that it was Archy's blood that fell onto Magdelene's face.

ANIRUNE FOREST, DAY ONE, MORNING​

Dropping down the shaft and landing next to the spectacled boy and Mizzdog, I remove a soul stone from my belt and slot it into my staff, 'Iratze'. The stone comes to life, flooding the underground passageway with light. Inside the stone, I can feel the energy of the soul trapped within it begin to be drained away.

Such is the nature of my magic; it's been a long, long time since it bothered me.

"I'm right here," I inform the boy, just as Magdelene cries "Blood!", "The other one, however..." Following the direction in which Magdelene is looking, I see 'Archy' locked in combat with another woman with huge wings sprouting from her back. I have no idea who she is, nor do I wish to find out.

This isn't exactly my fight, after all.

"This isn't our fight," I say to the witch, still looking up, "If you wish to intervene, I won't stop you, hell, I'll probably help, but we do not know the circumstances of all this. For all we know, 'Archy' could deserve it."

Grumpy follows the group down the shaft, and spots Archy and Grace's fight around the same time as Magdelene. He states that it isn't their fight, but that he will help if the others intervene.

"I'm right here," Grumpy answered with one of his hands holding a brightly lit staff. It was so bright, megane-kun had to turn away from it.

And even before megane-kun could acknowledge Grumpy, Magdalene's shrill cry echoed through the corridors. She yelled about blood, which made megane-kun notice the fierce fighting near them. It was a battle between Arachnion, and somebody that goes with the name Grace.

Megane-kun, whose eyes was still blinded by the intenese light, couldn't see any of the action, but he could hear what he could only intepret as some fighting.

"This isn't our fight," he heard Grumpy speak, perhaps to Magdalene, "If you wish to intervene, I won't stop you, hell, I'll probably help, but we do not know the circumstances of all this. For all we know, 'Archy' could deserve it."

"Hmm..." megane-kun said, more to himself than to anybody else, "If what I've heard from Arachnion was correct, then this Grace would be his, or her, daughter, or son..."

"This could be very well be an internal problem for their family," megane-kun continued, as he squinted his eyes and began adjusting to the light.

"Or perhaps just their own way of greeting," megane-kun said as he remembered Arachnion's very 'warm' greeting to him.

Megane-kun soon got used to the exceptionally bright light, and a prolonged silence, began to speak again. "Oh well.... seems that we're all ok now, and it seems that every one of us has been accounted for: Mizdogg, Archy, Vay, Magdalene, Grumpy, and me."

Megane-kun looked back to the elevator shaft and saw some weird shadow. "And it seems that somebody is following us."

<hr>summary:
Grumpy answered megane-kun's question as Magdalene drew attention towards the battle between Arachnion and Grace. Megane-kun, however, was blinded by the light and wasn't able to see the battle. As he had adjusted to the light, he saw TC's shadow in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.