Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Anime-esque, sci-fantasy, adventure, cyberpunk, high-fantasy, Victorian fantasy. comedic slice of life
Hello, Iwaku!

Today I'm presenting you a project that I've been working, tweaking, and perfecting for over a year now. It is set in the Universe of Λbscence, a large-scale saga I've been modifying. A world created from scratch, with its own history, culture, government, laws of physics, and myths. What started as a bloated project with over 6000 years of history, has been refined and condensed, to create a jam-packed, concise world, ready for you all to be explored. The goal is to create a unique cast that will together conquer Creation, the world of Λbscence. Hopefully, we make some friends beyond the IC, too, as I want players who like to plot and shape the world with one another. This will be a great adventure!

Originally, my main inspiration was the animated sci-fi/philosophy thriller Ergo Proxy, but as certain parallels to other shows and mediums emerged (I did not intend to rip off anything, pardon me if it comes across as such.), I took some inspirations froms shows I admired for one aspect or another. One Piece, with its uniquely crafted world, was one. Some inspiration was taken from From Software's Soulsborne series. It's a mix of a ton of genres, and while perhaps some "anime roleplays" have a bit of an immature reputation hanging onto them, I hope we can make this a challenging, fun, intruiging experience. Let's get into the pitch, shall we?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The world is a place of wonder. At least, that's what you've been told your entire life. But there are realities one cannot escape, even if they are hazy shadows that haven't yet been revealed.

Creation is a wondrous planet nontheless, however, that much is certain.

Its varried climates, its diverse landscapes, the technologic prowess that arguably led humanity into a new Aeon of prosperity, even with a roaring ocean that relentlessly cuts off Creation's civilized world from whatever lies behind these waters. However, there are also the Proxies, mechanical beasts that rule the hostile Wastelands. Catastrophes seem to plague Creation in never-lasting circles, ranging from diabolic creatures to corrosive floods claiming half a continent. And of course, the Rogues; The lawless individuals that do as they please. Some of them are legendary, and are welcomed by the population, indeed, almost idiolized for their fearless behavior. Others are infamous, despised, and feared. Ultimately, their reputation matters little to the central world government, Magna Corp, and their powerful agents.

A power struggle has been fought between mankind and machine, between the discovered and the otherworldly, between law and chaos, for many years; So much so, that an entire Aeon of history has been lost, having fallen victim to our neverending battles and wars.

Now, history will be written by the mightiest of the mighty. Whether they are cunning representatives of the government, geniuses like the De Gas family, or the fabled individuals able to utilize the Eclipse Powers: History is about to be made.

Just where do you fit in?

_____________________________________________________________________________________​

So that's my pitch, which I hope gives a quick and sufficent peek into all important aspects of the world. Lore is largely worked out, it's just a matter of organizing everything into a proper, accessible thread. Player participation will happen by allowing people to influence and potentially create complete locations, powers, and such things. Players arcs will also come after we got the rp into a decent position.

So yeah. If that sounds at all enticing to you, then please feel free to leave a post. I'd appreciate all questions, too, as it will help ironing out any potential oversights, since you guys are all so smart, and it's pretty hard to not get exposed, heh.

Here's the lore thread I am currently working on. OOC/Sign up and IC will be setup soon.
INFO DUMP - Λbscence [Lore Thread]

Last edited:
Greetings, the pitch is very sweet, count me in plz?

• Love
Reactions: Nav
I'm glad you're interested. :) I shall tag you once the proper RP is coming together and the thread's up, I'm looking forward to it. :)
Many thanks, I'll be paying attention. Anything we should know character/world-creation-wise?

Ummmm... 'airbound?' And 'Pirate...?' @@! Joined together forever as a hyphenated word combo type thingy?!! ~gasps~

BOOM!! Oooh! Oh me!! MEEE~♥♥!! :]

Redacted.

Last edited:
My interest has been piqued.
I have some questions, but I'll probably address those when I have a little bit more time to sit down and process the pitch content.

Many thanks, I'll be paying attention. Anything we should know character/world-creation-wise?
Well, a big thing is that this isn't Earth, and it isn't Earth's humanity. So there will be many differences in, say, beliefs, ethnicities, wildlife etc. It is certainly similar to Earth, and I won't exactly freak out over someone saying "Oh goddamnit" even though the common belief is the Ten Curly-Haired Sockpuppets (kappa) but that'll be important to consider when you make a character. But I'll help and guide through that as much as possible and as much as needed. :)
Ummmm... 'airbound?' And 'Pirate...?' @@! Joined together forever as a hyphenated word combo type thingy?!! ~gasps~
BOOM!! Oooh! Oh me!! MEEE~♥♥!! :]
Yup, yup. Happy you like it. :)

My interest has been piqued.
I have some questions, but I'll probably address those when I have a little bit more time to sit down and process the pitch content.
Please do. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Just wanted to say that I am still working on this with quite a bit of effort atm. :) I am currently changing some elements and have combined this idea with an older universe of mine, so I feel the outcome is becoming more and more mature and cohesive. In the mean time, I have completed the world map, if you are curious about that.

GaItqri.jpg

Please please tell us how you made this map, it looks incredible. I've looked all over the place for good mapping software and everything I find seems to come up short.

Is this what is located on the surface? or are these the floating landmasses and the 'water' represents the clouds leading to The Edge?

Suuuuper down for this

Great to hear. :)

Please please tell us how you made this map, it looks incredible. I've looked all over the place for good mapping software and everything I find seems to come up short.

Is this what is located on the surface? or are these the floating landmasses and the 'water' represents the clouds leading to The Edge?

I'm actually not sure if I keep the floating theme. I will 100% still have airpirates, but I am currently working on a more grounded world (kappa), with some Avian Worlds regardless. I definitely shifted around some aspects though. I should probably edit the pitch, because it's kind of a big difference, but I do considers this a bit of a WIP IC. Anyways, I hope the final product is appealing.

I used a site called Incarnate to make this map. They have really nice tools to make good stuff. Actually, this map is sort of awful compared to what I've seen other people do on there.

Also, as an update, I finished rewriting the world history. I've condenses the World Events from 6000+ years, to 4000+, and I feel it's much more coherent now. Of course, large chunks of it will be kept a secret 'cause... history is lost, and all that jazz, but it was fun. Currently working on NPCs and adjusting lore/timeline just a bit, but I feel I'll be done in a week, possibly less.

• Thank You
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
An unfortunate decision, to move to a grounded version; the pitch should be modified accordingly. Will look forward to the finished product nonetheless.

I'm actually not sure if I keep the floating theme. I will 100% still have airpirates, but I am currently working on a more grounded world (kappa), with some Avian Worlds regardless. I definitely shifted around some aspects though.
As long as there's to be 100% airpirates then I'm still with you~^^!!

Redacted.

Last edited:
Curious, very curious.

Redacted. ~whimpers~ Ω_Ω

Last edited:
An update for all interested: The somewhat vague setting I had in mind for the original, has been modified and worked into my personal universe that I have been working on for about a year. I'm very excited to finally share this project with other people. I apologize if the changes are unappealing to you, and I fully understand if anyone were to redact their interest. The key elements will all be in the new setting, bar the fact that the primary world is "normal", not airbound, but there will be Avian environments, still. In any case, I've gotten the coding done, and I have most of the lore ready. I am currently preparing the proper thread, after which I'll start advertising for the roleplay as well as give out the character sheets and such business. Thank you all for your patience. :)

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue and Nav
  • Love
Reactions: Nav
Status
Not open for further replies.